Time for some FUN

Thanks for the comment on the Logo CIC, but Jester deserves the Lion's Share of the Credit. All I did was provide the model, and did a little doctoring in animation. he got it on into proper format first smile.gif

Guest Ron Wallin

<rp>

Poor DeSylva. I regret the misfortunes you have been made to experience in life. They have obviously clouded your judgement! Here's the proof from your own historians. The men and women who have catalogued time wrote this not the Insurgents. This information is verbatim from perhaps an older version of the history books, but a no less valid one:

quote:

2) The Insurgents were forced to become outlaws and use military force, because the UFN gave no outlet for political protest.

Bull****. The UFN is a political organisation. Their representatives are elected on the basis of popular ballot. That is called democracy.

In reply and taken from your own government's dogma:

quote:

...The official statement by the government was that the Insurgents were a ruthless group, who had no real purpose other than to bring down the UFN for political gain.
Nevertheless,support for the Insurgents grew...In an effort to save face,
the UFN officially declared the Insurgents an outlaw organization in 2965 .

DeSylva, can you rewrite history? Or, will you and yours say this is simply Insurgent propaganda? The evidence seems quite clear and needs no further comment.

quote:

It's funny you should say that, because there are a lot of other protest groups that stand up to the UFN. Some of them even support some of the concepts...

Sorry, DeSylva, there has yet to be another political movement with as much support as the Insurgents. To say that the UFN allows small groups to protest is true. But, it goes against HUMAN NATURE to think that any orginisation threatened will not defend itself with what it defines as necessary force. History will always show this to be true. Why should it be different for the UFN?

quote:

Had their protests remained peaceful and non-violent, then they would not have been outlawed.

Hmmm... history clearly states that the UFN's actions were to merely save face! Or did I not read between the lines?

quote:

Your craven flight when contraband matierals were found on your ships shows what you really are.

Is it no longer possible that the contriband was planted for other reasons? You yourself stated that every orginisation contains both the bad and good of humanity.

This should be enough to demonstrate the way truth and fact are often twisted to serve the purpose of the writer. DeSylva, I will always disprove your citation of history. Allegencies aside, what you write is simply incorrect. Until you can find a better foundation to stand on, I suggest you step aside and let someone more qualified make statements for you. Otherwise your subtle changes to historical documents only serve to mark you as a mere spin-doctor.

I wish you and yours a long and prosperous life and extend a hand of friendship. Understand, though, it is the same hand that will fire upon you if wrongfully provoked.

Cmdr. Akira(a.k.a, Raven)

ICV-Nevermore

Spectre Fleet

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 10-13-98).]

<RP>

Once more, the same arguments.

Yes, you WERE reading between the lines. Insurgents have been reading between the lines the whole time. Finding meanings that don't exist to justify their use of deadly force in a war that needn't have started.

"Meanwhile, support for the Insurgents grew". Yes, I'm sure it did. But when it came down to the crunch - you were rejected. If support for the Insurgents had been consistent, you would have won a majority in the UFN. You would have been brought into power and your policies could have been implemented. Without bloodshed. But you weren't. The people rejected your policies, and they rejected you. And in reply, you obviously decided that the will of those people didn't matter, and turned violent. And that's what makes you a terrorist group - NOT a politial party.

So, my friend, the evidence is not clear - not the way you choose to interpret it. "The Insurgents were a ruthless group...In an effort to save face, the UFN officially declared the Insurgents an outlaw organization in 2965." Why did they have to save face? If you are suggesting it was because the Insurgents were threatening their power, this is obviously not true. If the Insurgents were threatening their power, they would have already lost - because your representatives would have been elected in the countries where they stood, they would have formed a UFN majority, and they would have moved into power. They did not. The UFN was forced to save face because they were harbouring a violent group who pursued criminal actions to gain the power they had democratically been denied. This is embarrassing...for any government.

You did not have the will of the majority of the people. And so you turned to force when the UFN outlawed your violent and criminal ways.

As far as the contraband is concerned - conspiracy theorising again? Come out and say something...are you saying that the contraband was planted? Or just trying to get a rise out of me?

If the contraband was planted, then all you had to do was pursue the issue through the appropriate channels and clear your name. But you didn't. You ran. You ran as soon as it was discovered. No protests. And THAT, my old Insurgent friends, proves your guilt once and for all....

</RP>

You can't deny the inevitable, guys...you outnumbered. *grin*

Keep 'em posting...*grin*

{roleplay Off}

You guys are wearing me out. I don't think this fast. smile.gif

You're gonna have to give me a coule of days on this one Michael. Question DeSyla's honor? No. Beliefs? Yes. Of course, any good debate has some mudSlingin' smile.gif But it's going back to roleplay right NOW. <G>

TAC? Charlie Chavik? I don't think so. smile.gif Otherwise a good response.

See ya in a few.

[This message has been edited by Charles Lindsey (edited 10-13-98).]

<RP>

Like I said before, "A Lamb to the Slaughter!" Outnumbered, Yes. Outgunned, I kinda Freaking doubt it!! We won't even attempt to uncorrupt your singular dementional thought pattern, as this would most likely send you into a neural meltdown, and render you useless to anyone. So, like I said, we won't go there smile.gif .

You are, I think, a worthwhile target though. At least you haven't ducked for cover yet, so I don't know if it's Bravery, or Lack of Common Sense. You Interest Me!! I have this Commander in our ranks that might pay you a visit. I remember speaking to him the other day. His Dedication to the Insurgency is nothing short of Exceptional. His name is Cmdr Vorne. You ever hear of him? He's heard of you biggrin.gif .

Maybe he'll come to you, in your sleep! Maybe even in your conscious moments, though you haven't appeared to have many of those by your Vile, Dogmatic Posts that I have been reading of late. 'Tis such a pitty, as you had such promise frown.gif .

<RP/>

spectre.gif

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 10-13-98).]

Guest Ron Wallin

<rp>

I'm sorry you think that way, DeSylva. But I can understand that for a man in your position with your demons must think that way in order to keep the fire of revenge burning strong. If the black and white text is made so easily grey in your world then you are right where you belong.

However, for all those experienced and/or junior Cmdr.'s out there who aren't afraid of the truth, please email me or Rattler and join the cause that still believes in right or wrong, black and white. We want Cmdr.s that can think for themselves smile.gif

Oh, DeSylva, not all the Insurgents had to run because of planted cargo. Please get your FACTS straight before you go spewing your thoughts for the day. smile.gif

</rp>

Is there any way we can get the html turned on. Or are we purposely being limited to the UBB code?

akira.gif

Cmdr. Akira

ICV-Nevermore

Spectre Fleet

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 10-14-98).]

Yes, we are being purposely limited to UBB code - it stops people making mistakes with HTML that ruin an entire thread.

Well, it's certainly been fun, ladies and gentlemen. I still fail to understand how you can dispute the facts - I am simply giving them to you the way the manual states *grin*. You are the ones "greying" them by trying to confirm rumours of brutality where none existed. By "reading between the lines". I only read the black and white.

Hmmm, perhaps that should have been in RP tags. Well...

<RP>

Rattler, you vile scum.

How long have you known Vorne? Have you had time to detect the scent of his stinking black, rotting heart? Vorne is a cancer, and soon he will have spread to you. You think Vorne is loyal? He wasn't loyal to GALCOM, he sure as hell 'aint loyal to the Insurgency, and he won't be loyal to you, either, when the time comes. And if you are blind to that, then you have become stupid and senile in your old age.

[Had to throw that one in, Ratt...*grin*]

Any person who thinks they can catch me in my sleep will find that I protect myself well. Always. And I protect my friends more. Vorne will have to face me where our conflict begun - on the battlefields of space. Vorne himself has set the terms of this battle - that only one of us will leave alive. And I can assure you that I know who that will be. So don't start depending too closely on him, Rattler.

You think he is loyal? Order him to find and destroy me. He's hidden from me so far...

You know, Rattler, despite your defection, and your embrace of a cause so vile as to incite near hatred in me, I hold a lot of respect for you. I hope we can meet as worthy allies when the time for deciding the matters of the Insurgency comes.

</RP>

Anyone for a quick break and a drink at the bar? Insurgents? EC? Anyone?

*grin*

Seriously, you have all done very well. I am proud of the way this forum is growing - and the way that our rivalry is kept alive in here. So far, we have been going a week, and there hasn't been a single offensive comment. You are keeping yourselves restrained, and at the same time, having fun in your spars and attacks. And this is good.

Keeping the RP alive!

I feel I might have an unfair advantage, though...as a young person in Australia, I have been attacking, debunking, and making fun of a racist group for months. They're called One Nation...*grin*

(A shameless attempt to see how much news of Australian affairs spreads overseas...)

See y'all again soon.

<RP>-

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe."

"Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion, I watched C beams glitter near the Tan-Hauser gate."

"All these, moments .... will be lost; like tears in rain."

"Time to die."

Roy Batty - brave words spoken by a Nexus-6 drone.....

</RP>

Cmdr. TwoBombs, GCV Aurora, Orion Fleet

twobombs.jpg

[This message has been edited by twobombs (edited 10-15-98).]

[This message has been edited by twobombs (edited 11-14-98).]

<RP>I have a message to tell all of you Galcom Scum! here it is:

"You are SCUM! so Bite ME (er, or just try to kill me....)!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHA smile.gif "

Why can't we just.....get along? Well, the reason for that is because you are enemies, and cowards, and losers, and plebes, and girleys (no offence for you female people out there), and weak, and etc. and we just wanna conquer you and enjoy a good fight. smile.gif

<rp>

hmm smile.gif this is funky.... <g>

see yall later....

-LordDavid

[This message has been edited by LordDavid (edited 10-15-98).]

Well finally. not as good as I'd hoped. DeSylva is the writer as he has so eloquently proved these last few posts. smile.gif

But here goes.

{rolplay} on

My my DeSylva, which string did I pull? Certainly not one of Galcom's. Those are finer than spider webs yet stronger than steel. Perhaps I did tug at one of those as well. Such a big fish for such little bait.

Are we really so different? We both are fighting for something we beleive in. Do we lose honor by doing it? In our own eyes and those of our comrades no.

Are we following on blind faith? Some may be. Let us hope they are not in command. That is the stuff of which Zealots are made.

We have been labeled terrorists, rebels, and outlaws since the beginning. Scum, parasites, and ghostlings more recently. It is WE who should be righteously indignant.

Governments can, will, and have re-written history to suit them. To the victor goes the spoils but they also get to write the histories. That Galcom had to allow mention of rumors of Earthom atrocities towards those Insurgents of so long ago the truth must be far, far worse. But so long ago in history only the hate remains.

Sad, really. Perhaps Diplomats would do a better job.

Did I dream I would now be fighting besides these people? Never in my wildest. My dreams were never this good.

We are so close and yet so far. You beleive in Galcom and I beleive in the Insurgency. The HEART and SOUL of it. Any who wants to gain power for their own ends does not belong wih us. That truly is a terrorist.

Time for a defense? A defense for fair punishment? As yours was? When you re-entered Galcom you were sentenced to a BattleCruiser. And now you offer your services for a fair punishment? Beginning at a court-martial? You were on your way back up when you returned. If one of us should return it will be on the way straight down to the lowest brig I fear.

No I do not think we can surrender. Not to Galcom or Earthcom. Earthcom having had much more practice. But both are arms of the true oppressor.

You are partially correct; the time for our talks at least are at an end. ANy more talks will have to be continued thru diplomatic channels.

You may yet find your worst enemy is your best friend.

Commander Chavik phoenix8.gif ICV Phoenix

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

I though it might be nice to enter into the fray :-)

(/roleplay on)

Throughout history, there have been those that follow, and those that lead. We, the insurgents are the new leaders, history has proven the righteousness of our goals. History has shown the oppression we have faced, the unrelentless persecution because we choose to speak out. Have we not the right to speak, and the right to peace? According to those that follow blindly, Galcom, Earthcom, and all the rest we are "outlaws", and I say "the time has come for history to show who is right, and it is we, the Insurgents who will prevail!" Beware Galcommies, Yazin Re'trat has arrived, prepare yourselves for the void!

Cmdr. Yazin Re'trat

ICV Lightspeed

<RP>

The Insurgents the new leaders??? From what a destroyed infrastructure on earth? If we, EarthCOM and GALCOM, let you have your way what would you do, you have all the rights you want to speak your mind, but with your MOUTH not with your WEAPONS, and you go on and talk about peace, if you really want peace you would not attack civilian transports, and you can't deny that it is fact that you do, you have killed more civilians in your "war for your rights" than EarthCOM or GALCOM personnal, because your war is just as you say only for YOUR rights. You say that you will lead, yes you will lead, you will lead us into oblivion, or do you think that even if you would succeed in overcoming us, what you never will, that the pirate and raider groups you have allied yourself with will simply step back?? No they will harress you the same way that you do us now, and what are you then??? Where is your peace then ??? The only way for the human race to resist the Gammulans is by working together, but you will be the doom of us all, you will open the door for the Gammulans, that they have long sought. And if Earth falls humankind as a whole will fall, so I appell at your last spark of honor, stop your attacks, or perish in flames.

</RP>

It gets a littlebit heated in here, but keep from each others throat :-)

EarthCOM Officer T. C. McQueen

ECV-Saratoga

15th EarthCOM Planetary Force

"One time a marine, always a marine, and to the hell with anything that stands in our way!"

<RP>

Greetings,

I can hear the fear in your voices, fellows! You are afraid, aren't you? Indeed, you are. Cold and lonely, remember? You will soon enough experience the lonliness of space... On your tiny new homeworld somewhere in outer space. Nobody will find you there. Nobody. And IF someone does, rest assured it will be some sort of man-eating alien. And do you know WHY all this will happen? Simple.

YOU CANNOT DESTROY US BECAUSE WE ARE A PART OF YOURS! We use YOUR equipment, we know the frequencies of YOUR subspace-transmissions, we have been trained by one of YOUR drill seargents, we operate in YOUR territory unharmed because we know YOUR IFF codes. We were taught YOUR tactics and YOUR strategies. But we also support YOUR enemies! Many of us are not known as insurgents and are still in EarthCOM/GALCOM and even in the SDF service. We are your worst nightmare, and we don't want to scare you! just try to fight a clone of yourself, who has got the same knowledge, equipment and, most important, the same tactics as you do. Impossible.

So sleep well tonight, fellows

Yours sincerely,

O. Hasenau

ICV Vengeance

"Dead men tell no tales"

<RP>

And after this statement you still describe yourself as a peaceful organization?? That you want only peace on earth, you have signed your deathcall with your statement, you will be shown no further mercy, you will be cleansed out of this universe, for you have declared yourself allied with enemys of Earth, so you will be cold but not lonely, but not because you will be on some planet, no you will be cold because you will find yourself in a bodybag in some cooling chamber, and you wont be lonely because you will have all your scum friends with you in the chamber, everyone in his own bodybag. So decide if you want to be brought back in glass or plastic.

and you are a part of us?? yes you are but a part that has become infested with a virus, which will be seperated from the body to save the rest from the infection.

I call on GALCOM to show no further mercy for the Insurgents scum.

</RP>

ECV-Saratoga

15th EarthCOM Planetary Force, Alpha Group

"One time a marine, always a marine, and to the hell with anything that stands in our way!"

Guest Ron Wallin

<rp>

T.C., I can understand your outrage at this statement. Just as I'm sure you can understand that no orginization has total control over the comments its members make. The Insurgents are NOT allied with Earth's enemies in any way! Oliver was simply stating that the enemy (Insurgents) are among you. They are your colleagues and perhaps even your friends. But I think that is something you already know to be true.

Let me restate we do NOT support Earth's enemies. How can we? Earth is our home. How could we support those that wish to destroy Her?

</rp>

Cmdr. Akira

ICV-Nevermore

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 10-17-98).]

<RP>

Yes earth may be your home, but why do you strife to destroy it???

Even if you do not attack it directly, you still stretch the ressources of earth to its fullest extent, and how are we supposed to defend us against the Gammulans, if our ressources are strechted over the whole universe??

Answer me that.

In the end no one will win, not you, not we, i repeat NO ONE, except the Gammulans.

So think about it before you start your next attack on earths force, each ship you destroy/disable, or what ever, is one less ship to defend earth against any enemy, i grant you each ship your remove is one less ship YOU have to face, but how do you propose to defend earth with a fleet of old and worn out ships, yes i know you have some state-of the art ships too, but lets face the situation that you do overcome us, do you think EarthCOM would surrender its fleet?

Even if it where loosing?

NO we wont, and you wont either.

So we would fight to the last ship, and you would take some serious damage, i don't think that much of your fleet would be left after such a battle.

And do you agree that this weakened state would be the best time for the Gammulans to attack?

Because even as you have spies, in our organization, the Gammulans have theres in yours AND in ours.

So again stop your struggle or no one will win.

But do not make the mistake to misunderstand me, if you continue your attacks, we WILL fight back with all we have, because that is our job, to protect earth against enemys from outside and inside.

I know that there are persons in your group that only wish to destroy the UFN and EarthCOM, but even they are not sure why they want it, and there are Officers in EarthCOM that have the opinion that i'm wasting my time talking to you, that i should blast you into space, but someof us, including me, know what this war will lead to.

In the long history of Earths wars, dating back to the middle ages and beyond, no war has stopped without BOTH sides down on there knees, struggeling to keep the infrastructure from falling apart, do you think this war will be different, because you describe us as "devils", or because we describe you as outlawed??

NO it won't be a difference, in the end we will be both down on our knees, and have the Gammulans standing behind us readying there weapons to execute us.

I still think there is hope to end this struggle without losing earth, at least i hope there is, or i'm really wasting my time.

</RP>

Okay try to deny that one :-)

ECV-Saratoga

[This message has been edited by T C McQueen (edited 10-18-98).]

[This message has been edited by T C McQueen (edited 10-18-98).]

Guest Ron Wallin

<rp>

T.C., I appreciate your candor, but:

1. Your resources are taxed because of your own doing, not because of the few ships that fall into our traps. The UFN has always made it policy to depleat Earth's resources first! It keeps the populace under control. If they're too busy looking for the next meal, they don't have time to protest illegal actions.

2. You want to cease hostillities in the face of a greater danger? Fine, create a treaty, apologize for the damage you have caused the Insurgents, Earth, and Humanity and pay reparations.

3. If you admit to Gammulan spies within your orginization, then Earth has already lost. EarthCOM has always gathered to much intel and now it has returned to bite you in the butt! Even better, the Gammulans will destroy EarthCOM for us, and we won't even need to lift a finger! Thank You.

4. Yes, these are troubled times and an all out war will do nothing but weaken Earth's forces to the point of disaster. But that's why the Insurgents haven't declared WAR! We have chosen surgical strikes to remove the cancer (your originization) from the otherwise healthy body.

5. You may be on your knees, but I nor the Insurgents kneel to anyone. Whether it be the Gammulans or the UFN, the Insurgents will always fight. To our last breath we will never lay down our arms and give up the cause!!! Its nice to know that EarthCOM and the UFN will. You've provided us with another chink in your armor and we will exploit it!

If you wish this maddness to stop, confess your crimes and give back all that you have stolen from humanity(with interest, of coarse). Otherwise, check your six, I'll be there smile.gif

</rp>

Was that enough T.C.?

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

Spectre

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 10-18-98).]

T.C.,

just to calm you down, i did not mean ALIEN enemies by saying "... support YOUR enemies...", ok? After all, it is still good, clean entertainment we are trying to do here, not as offensive as those late-nite-talkshows. See you, folks!

Oliver

<RP>

Akira,

1. Our resources are stretched because YOU have forced us to stretch them, and you state exactly the same thinks that you state always, but you can't give prove to any of it, because there is no prove, it is just YOUR verification for YOUR existens.

2. Why should we apologize for storys spun by the Insurgents??? Who caused humanity damage with attacks on stations, ships, and the like?? who was it ?? Was it EarthCOM or was it the Insurgents?? I don't think i have to tell you the answer. But just to remind you, you started this whole "war", and it is a war, even if you try to deny it.

3. Yes we admit there are Gammulan spies here, but WE know where they are, they don't get any useful information out of them, because they are feed only misinformation. And even if they destroy us, as you say you would like to see, will they stop ?? NO they want to bring the whole universe under there power, in case YOU did not notice, that INCLUDES YOUR LITTLE DREAMWORLD TOO.

4. At least you are not totally blind, but as i see not overly bright. You try to feed me with the same indoctrination you use for your commanders, but i can understand you, for you we are the cancer, for US you are the cancer, it just depends on the point of view, and here i ask again, WHO started this strife?? WE or YOU?? Again i don't think i have to tell you as you should know. But who knows maybe the Insurgents are so wrapped up in there story about "there Glory" that they have forgotten the truth.

5. You have been unable to read as i see, but that should not surprise me anymore after your answer, perhaps go back to school and learn to read again. But what do i exspect from you?? As is see TOO MUCH.

6. So it should be you from now on that has to check your six, and better check it each time you set foot outside your nice little dreamworld.

It is as i had hoped it would not be, but the Officers within EarthCOM have been right, the Insurgents do NO care about earth, they do NOT think about what they are doing and they can't understand. So i have truly wasted my time, but not any longer, the time for talk is past now is the time for fire.

So prepare yourself, and wake up out of your dreamworld, because no second "ring" will come to wake you.

</RP>

Akira, is this enough for you?? :-)

Oliver, :-)

no prob i understood your text completely, but this is for acting in character, so i had to answer that way, because if you tell something like this to a soldier (as i am) he could understand it this way, especially in the situation that EarthCOM, GALCOM, and the Insurgents are currently in, but be sure it added to the whole life in here :-)

ECV-Saratoga

• 4 weeks later...

</RP>

With the Cloack-shield engaged we will come to the Insurgents in the darkest of space. Where they thought to be far away from Galcom's grasp, we where send to do the retalliation for them. Beware, we know how to use our vessles in the stealth of space. We are the Elite!

<RP>

Cmdr. TwoBombs, GCV Aurora II, Orion Fleet

twobombs.jpg

[This message has been edited by twobombs (edited 11-14-98).]