FUN Part 2: EarthCom VS Insurgent

Guest <font color=blue><b>Charles Lind

Guest <font color=blue><b>Charles Lind

So Mr. McQueen. Who started this?

Who commited Brutality and coersion and blackmail? Who committed crimes against humanity?

Who couldn't handle it any longer?

Who Declared us outlaws? Jailed most of our ancestors?

Most but not all. And now those come back to haunt you. with those who see the right of it.

Ask again; WHO?

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TC,

I've been rather quiet lately, giving you a chance to engage in a "Battle Of Witts" with some of my Commanders and, in my opinion, it's been a fairly even fight. Good work by all parties involved. Now let's "Get It On" biggrin.gif

<RP>

You, the ones who squandered Earth's resources, starved Earth's population to further your OWN interests in Space, and gave away the whole farm to Alien Races, have the audacity to stand there and call ME and My Insurgents Criminals, Terrorists, and much worse? Forget about the "Check Six" comment made by Cmdr Akira. I now quote one of my all time Heros from the 20th century, as he was facing what seemed to be insurmountable odds, but he had right on HIS Side. I now quote John Wayne from the movie "True Grit" and tell you not to "check six" but look to your Twelve O'clock and "Fill your hands, You Son...... (you know the rest, and this is a no profanity station smile.gif ) "

Time for talking is over, Time for action is forthcoming. Are you personally ready? We are!! Are you afraid? We are, not for ourselves, but for the people of Earth, should we fail. Are you willing to die for your cause? We are not. "You don't win by dying for your cause, rather by making the other SOB die for his!" Another Quote from one of my heroes from the 20th Century. Gen G.S. Patton smile.gif

Now you know where we stand. Hope there will be no further misunderstandings between EarthCom and Insurgents. For the Record, We don't like Gammulans either, so They should be dispatched with extreme prejudice upon ititial contact, without regard to other involvements on the field of battle. If they appear, we both kill them, and then get back to business of trying to kill each other smile.gif

<RP/>

Have a good day Cmdr T.C. McQueen, and keep those new troops in line smile.gif

Rattler

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 10-22-98).]

From the Darkness to the Light I strike forth! I am Yazin Re'trat, beware CIC, say "farewell" to your precious GalcomHQ and your freedom! I will take over your precious station for the Insurgency, and you, my dear sir, will be clapped in irons! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cmdr. Yazin Re'trat

ICV Lightspeed

<RP>

Just a little course on history for you all:

1. You say we used blackmail, i say not, there it is again your word against mine, the same as ever. and a organization that starts to demolish military installations AND civilian installation what was it called in the 20th century?? guess it.

2. we found alien life in space, we did not know at that moment if it was going to be a threat or not. What is the standard every military has to do to react to such information?? It has to gear up its defenses, and that is just that what we did, we build the star stations around earth and mars. But tell me what would have happened if earths population would have know the exact specifcs? it would have seperated into two or more camps, one would have welcomed the aliens as friends, one would have attacked them on sight. so what where would that take us?

3.and what do you say did we find an alien threat?? yes or no.

4. for using earths resources, at the most, sure but i see you have not studied your books, again. at the time earth was the only planet with enough traces of some minerals, they have been present on the other planets but the work to get them would have been to great, compared to the cost, so we HAD to use earths resources, but i see you don't know the current situation very well, we use most of the minerals for EVERY project, not only military as you could now say "yes for your military ....", from other planets, but not because earths are depleted, NO, because know it is more economic, in case of money and of work places, and try to tell me "that the workers are pressed into work" in fact they are not, and will never be.

At least you "say" that you will not open the door for the Gammulans, but i belive it only when i see it. And this whole situation has been split, you don't see anything other than your side of the coin, and the same with us. so it would be of no use to continue any channels at the time.

</RP>

It does not mean that i'm afraid of it :-), no it is just that i'll be offline for the next month, a special training for the whole company, lets see what it will do, but be sure i'll be back again.

Charles,

no prob, it did look like EarthCOM and the Insurgents are the only two organizations currently using this forum :-)

So be sure we will meet again, and this will continue, but maybe some others will come here and continue the channel for now, maybe some of GALCOM again, haven't seen them in a while here.

EarthCOM Officer T. C. McQueen

ECV-Saratoga

15th EarthCOM Planetary Force, Alpha Group

"One time a marine, always a marine, and to the hell with anything that stands in our way!"

[This message has been edited by T C McQueen (edited 10-24-98).]

Guest David Sanftenberg

The reason only Earthcom and Insurgents are using the forum is simply because <RP> by letting you fight amoung yourselves, we can move in for the kill when you both are weak. Mwahahaha! </RP>

I guess I've said my piece. Have a nice day.

Commander Sanftenberg

GCV-Solamnia

Good morning, Dave ( smile.gif remember Hal?)

<RP>

Greetings

So T.C., a full month of absence. Lots and lots can happen in those long thirty days. I know it, because i was very surprised what was going after only 14 days of my absence. But a political discussion won't save you. And now I know it: You ARE afraid. And that is the point. As you said, you build stations around Mars and Earth and we keep blowing them outta the sky regularly. You build ships and train troops, we let them suck the void. But you can't destroy us. And we can't destroy you. As I said, you are a part of us and we are a part of yours. (But don't think my PTA-turrets will cease their fire :-D )If you remove us others will come.

My drill instructor always taught me the 'Rules of Engagement:

1 - Use as many tricks as possible

2 - be unpredictable

3 - use your common sense

4 - WIN!

And I always did what a superior officer told me! But you guys seem to have a problem with independent free spirits and different opinions. So you started shooting at us. We shot back. (One could say this is a shootout smile.gif )

Anyway, rest assured those four weeks will be full of activity from us.

Salutations,

O. Hasenau

ICV Vengeance

"Dead men tell no tales"

<Roleplay OFF>

aeh oliver is see you have not read it completly, there are tags stating when Roleplay starts and when it stops, my month ob absence will be in real life, so don't try to bring it into the roleplay, because it does not belong there. Oh and you don't need to tell me what a drill instructor tells its recruits, because I'm a drill Seargent :-)

<Roleplay still OFF>

EarthCOM Officer T. C. McQueen

ECV-Saratoga

15th EarthCOM Planetary Force, Alpha Group

"One time a marine, always a marine, and to the hell with anything that stands in our way!"

T.C. <roleplay off>

Well we'll miss your input. And we won't use your absence to call your character coward since you won't be able to respond. smile.gif

Any one jump in. T.C.'c right. The title of this thread came from the fact that only he and Akira were bashing heads at the last. <G> But anyone is welcome.

I like #2 in your above post. Are you saying that the government chose the Insurgents as the scapegoat in order to draw attention away from a possible alien threat and to avoid panic?

Interesting thought. Or am I reading something into nothing? Either way I'll have to come up with a proper roleplay rebuttal.<G>

Charles

Guest Ron Wallin

Oh, boy. Here we go again...

<rp>

T.C., I had chosen to abide by my superior's words and refrain from answering your earlier stab at me. Your post was simply an attack against me personally with no foundation in fact. As such it didn't deserve a response. However, your twisting of past facts does warrant a response. Your attacks against me are nothing but words and will be shoved in your face on the field of battle. But I will not stand by while the head of the EARTHCOM fleets changes history with his words.

1.Your only response can be "your word against mine". Let's face it. Most of the populace of Earth doesn't spend time learning history. It is dry, boring and a waste of time when you don't know where you will get your next meal. It is easier to trust the government's words believing that those in power are in power for a reason. Leaders would never lie to their followers would they?!?!?!

2. I agree, upon learning about aliens, the general populace would have been in chaos. Yes, it was necessary to keep some of the actions secret until they were finished. But, the populace already knew about the existence of aliens. READ YOUR HISTORY!!! Instead of taking care of the depleting Ozone layer on Earth, UFN allocated all Earth's resources to space research and subsidizing of alien nations (manual p.20). Our organization was well on the way to informing the public about these crimes against humanity when, "<i>n an effort to save face, the UFN officially declared the Insurgents an outlaw organization in 2965" (manual p.20). That is the history as YOUR historians have written it! And if we stop reminding you and the citizens of Earth, it will be forgotten and re-written to serve your own evil purposes.

Trying to discredit this accusation will only prove the obvious: Just like EVERY government before, you are changing history to serve your own ambitions. We will not allow that!!!

3. Yes, there is a great alien threat: the Gammulans!!! We do not deny that. We didn't deny that in the past. We were NEVER against increasing security for Mother Earth. We were against your depleting Earth's resources and giving those resources to Alien governments when Earth had greater need for those same resources!!!

4. More lies!!! And what is worse is that your lies are the worst kind: half truths. But you have hung yourself with your own words this time! You yourself admit its cheaper to get Earth's resources from other planets!!! The reason it is more economical for the military to get resources from other planets is due to the scarcity of those same resources on EARTH. It is simple supply and demand. When the supply is low and the demand is high, prices go UP. The military has NEVER wanted to pay for what they need when they can take it instead and by force if necessary.

You are correct. We don't see things on your side of the coin. Coins have two understood sides. Top and Bottom. They could also be named Black and White, or better Wrong and Right. We choose to take sides with Right. But you know that, or you wouldn't be trying to hide on the other side in an effort to save yourselves. Light will always shine in the darkness. And when you've been in the dark for very long the light hurts. Doesn't it?!?!

Finally, please, please, discontinue all communication. It will keep me from having to prove you wrong EVERY time you try to belittle the INSURGENTS! I am tired of repeating myself.

</rp>

Good luck with the training. I'll miss being able to respond to posts with teeth smile.gif

Thanks Chavik for starting this new thread the other was getting quite large.

Cmdr. Akira (a.k.a., Raven)

ICV Nevermore

Spectre Fleet

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 10-24-98).]

Hi there,

oops, TC. My fault, didn't see that tag.

.... A drill instructor, eh? When i think about my time in the navy I hated those guys... (no 'ffense, 'course smile.gif )

Have a nice one, TC.

Guest Ron Wallin

Ok, during roleplay I asked the EARTHCOM crew to not post, but man this is really quiet. I take this silence to mean that T.C. is the only EARTHCOM member with anything to say? Or, does everyone claim reserved silence while waiting for the newest release of BC3K? Either way, there should be more than just Insurgents with something to say, right? Oh well, I guess I'll return to finding the pattern in those cricket chirps.

Cmdr. Akira

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 11-01-98).]

Akira,

I claim reserved silence awaiting T.C.'s return but a month is a long time online.

But you have given me the opening and the thought I needed to stir the pot just a little. <EG>

SOOOO <roleplay> ON

Cmdr. Akira;

You have caught my sentiments exactly. I see you feel as I do that no one has the guts to comment because they were not told to. "Brainwashed lapdog of the UFN" I believe Rattler called them. Scratched behind the ears and told to fetch.

You and I both know that will not be so easily accomplished. As Does Rattler. We weren't brought into the fold to be hapless sticks.

That aside, I can see where no one would argue back. Insurgents as a whole are people who are disgruntled with circumstances as they are and would tend to be very vocal about their beliefs. As you, Rattler, and I are.

Not so Galcom and Earthcom. Complacent in their beliefs and place in life they are happy to blithely follow those few leaders who do show initiative. Those few they place their entire trust in.

WE have a common goal that we work towards together. THEY blindly follow the leaders of the pack hoping everything will work out.

It WILL work out. Eventually.

"Cmdr Chavik, transmission ended."

"Good" says Chavik. "It's a shame no one will respond. I could almost respect some of them if they would. Close transmissions."

"Cmdr, I'm picking up something very faint." says the communication officer.

"Intercept". "It's garbled sir" says the communications officer. "Enhance reception to max and decipher" "Yes Sir"

"Do you have it?" says Chavik. "Yes Sir" "Display then please" "This is the best I could do." says the communications officer.

>>> by l*tting you fight amo*g yours**ves, we c*n move in f*r the kill when you both are weak. Mwa*ah*ha! >>

"That is all I could get Sir". "Good enough" says Chavik. "A madman or a traitor?"

"Sir? Do you wish to transmit?"

"Yes. Transmit this"

Cmdr Sanftenberg, What you speak of is treason. I was in GalCom once and I know. Waiting for two opposing sides to maim each other to non-resistance is usually considered good tactics. But in for the kill when you are allied to one of those sides is treason. Moving in for the kill? Rantings at best. Immoral, decrepit and insane at worst.

However strained the relations are between Earthcom and Galcom you are consigned to help each other.

Should you be found out what will you do? Take your punishment like a man or come crawling to the Insurgents?

How will you be recieved? Not well, not from me I assure you. I can't speak for Insurgent One.

"End Transmission"

<Roleplay> OFF

Thanks Akira for lighting the fires again. <G> I've enjoyed it.

David Sanftenberg, none of that was a personal attack. It WAS all roleplay. Feel free to give back as good as I gave. smile.gif

Others. Join in! Whatever your affiliation is Please feel free to join in the discussions.

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

[This message has been edited by Charles Lindsey (edited 11-01-98).]

TRUE Warriors Love a good Fight!!

<RP>

Cmdr Chavik,

Thanks for forwarding your recorded Transmissions to me for my records. It seems that there is some unrest in the Camp back home. smile.gif As for one side waiting on the other two to engage in honorable combat, just to come in like Hyena's and Jackals to clean up is, at best, not deserving of the title and uniform that they appear to hold so dear. frown.gif

I have little regard for "scavengers", and those who make promises that they are not capable of keeping. To come to Our Yard, You had better be a Lion, or you shall not linger long in this life. As for defectors, chances are that my Loyal Insurgents will purge said Scum from the depths of space and the annals of History. So, Lurk if you want, Hide if you will, but just remember, the Insurgency Knows where you Live!! biggrin.gif

<RP/>

Cmdr Rattler, ICV Necromancer, Spectre, Insurgent One

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 11-01-98).]

Guest Ron Wallin

<rp>

Gentlemen, It would seem that this open forum no longer draws the quick repartee that once thrived among these posts. Perhaps the EARTHCOM and GALCOM Commanders are busy cleaning their dentures! It's got to be harder to type with your gums. The slurred speech, and all that drool on the data-pads...a bit messy! I guess we wait until they put in their teeth or learn to type with their fingers.

Until then, we can pull the space chimp simulators out of mothballs. My sources tell me Lancelot Link and his friends will put up more of a fight than any EARTHCOM Cmdr. ever could.

</rp>

Hmmm. Still no representation from the other side. Why so quiet all?

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

Spectre

Guest Grenville

Okay, here goes...

<rp>

Akira,

Cleaning dentures... I think we could arrange a Ralix or two for you to use as toothpicks you rebel traitor.

Regarding your rant of the 24th:

I hold your points as well made. Politicians are as they always have been, and yours would be just the same. It is always easier to swing the axe on the old regime than administer to a fickle and short sighted public.

What you propose is to educate the people regarding the history of earth. And you do this with a war.

I understand you consider Galcom an enemy to be neuteralised, so Galcom HQ must be destroyed or captured. That station and the ODS are the only human facilities that stand a chance of blocking a fast raider with a hold full of OTS weaponry. You would destroy or cripple the only thing that stands between any major city and a hole in the ground.

Your greviances may have some merit (as a soldier and not a politician I cannot comment, I do not have knowledge of all the facts), but your methods of expression are unacceptable. You tie up resources that should be used against a greater threat.

<rp off>

Am I getting the hang of this?

Commander Grenville

GCV Revenge

[This message has been edited by Grenville (edited 11-02-98).]

That's the spirit Cmdr Grenville, Jump right in, the water's a warm 84 Degrees, and the Piranha are in a feeding frenzy. biggrin.gif

<RP>

Hark, do I hear a Young Lion out there? At least he's trying to announce his presence with authority. Where are the rest of You GalCom Whelps? I figure EarthCom is a lost cause, and will be perfectly willing to allow the GalCom Commanders to fight THEIR battles for them. But isn't that what Galcom was formed to do? Some might have a different view, but the book doesn't lie. EarthCom, Stop running!! You'll only die in in the dark,very tired and very alone. smile.gif

Cmdr Rattler, ICV Necromancer, Spectre, Insurgent One

Guest Blackwell

Ok that's it Rattler.

<RP ON>

While my superiors distract you with oratory calestenics,

My team in preparing...

Doing orbital insertions by skydinving from 22 miles up...

Gliding for another 12...

Swiming for 3...

and using advanced small unit tactics to take the place of your shadow.

So keep talking. You won't hear a sound from me.

Cmdr. Joshua Blackwell

Omega Battle Group (Leader)

ECV-INSTIGATOR(SCID5)

"Do unto others... FIRST!"

<RP OFF>

T.C. McQueen may be away for the momment, but do not mistake that for an absence of EarthCOM representatives.

Guest Ron Wallin

<rp>

Oh, I feel sorry for your team, Blackwell. They'll be picked off by our IC's and those fortunate enought to get past them will be caught by the snipers and thier carcasses reduced to ash by the surface defense grid. Bring on your marines, Blackwell, but be aware that thier remains will be sold as fertilizer to needy aliens and the profit will buy more us more ammunitions.

There is nothing like funding a campaign with the dead of our enemy!

P.S.

It may have been better to let T.C. be the only one to speak here. But, since your dentures are back in, keep talking. I'll keep shooting you down smile.gif

</rp>

Thanx for chiming in Blackwell, it's good to see some of the others join in the fun!!!

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

Spectre, Raven

Guest Grenville

<rp>

You dream Akira...

Against a disciplined fighting force the insurgency is just so many uncoordinated insects to be swatted one by one.

By the time you get any sort of defence together your base will be a mangled skeleton and I will be happy to watch the EarthCom marines mop up the survivors.

You are outnumbered, outclassed and alone my friends.

<rp/>

Commander Grenville

GCV Revenge

Okay, who put these little fish in the pool?

ROTFL

<RP>

Leave it to a UFN Pet to bring a Knife to a Gun fight biggrin.gif.

I hear tell that the smart Commanders out there are keeping quiet, fearing that they might Gain My Full and Undivided Attention. Smooth Move on their part. Now for you Diamonds In the Rough, Bring it on smile.gif

<RP/>

Rattler

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 11-03-98).]

<rp>

I have just returned from special operations on the rim worlds, now that I'm back on Earth I can devote my full attention to the rebels and their self proclaimed leader and traitor called Rattler.

Rattler you was once a respected and honored commander of Galcom. What has corrupted you so for you to turn your back on your duty and your honor. What can you hope to achieve by buying into the Insurgent movement. You was one of the best of us, and because of your past deeds I offer you this one last chance to redeem yourself and salvage what is left of your honor and duty to Galcom and Earth.

Tell me Rattler, how clearly will you see your dream when your ship is broken and adrift in space. Will the Insurgents promises of better days sound as good when your crew lay cold and lifeless around you. History might remember Rattler but it rarely takes note of the many followers that died so that one man can achieve what he believes to be his destiny.

The path you have chosen can only lead to blood and death. Many will die on both sides and the blood on your hands will still be the blood of humans no matter if it's Insurgents, Galcom and EarthCom or the innocent you claim to protect.

This your last chance to do what is right and come back into the fold. Rebellion isn't the answer it's better to begin a moverment from within than from without.

If you choose to continue on your path you will leave me no choice but to hunt down and destroy every "REBEL" vessel in Terran space, for what is a leader with no one left to follow. Then when you see all of your dreams and hopes dashed upon the rocks of despair, the WOLF will come for YOU.

The hunt is on and snake is on the menue.

Karl Wolf

ECV Hammer of God

Epsilon Battle Group

15th EarthCOM Planetary Force

</rp>

I could really get into this. I hope I didn't offend anyone.

[This message has been edited by Karl Wolf (edited 11-06-98).]

<RP>

My, My!! Granny, what big teeth you have!! Are they Yours, or Store Bought? biggrin.gif

Next you'll be telling me that you're gonna "Huff and Puff, and Blow my House Down!" frown.gif

Sorry Wolf, Fairytales just aren't gonna hack it here. You just said in your previous post that I was "best of us", so if you are going to come hunting this Snake, I must strongly recommend that you reconsider, or BRING HELP! You will truely need it. Also, Stay in the lighted areas of space. Although Wolves are nocturnal, they do have things that even they are afraid of after dark. Why else would they hunt in packs? Hear what I'm saying? smile.gif

<RP/>

Thanks Wolf, and Welcome To The Party smile.gif

Cmdr Rattler, ICV Necromancer, Specter, Insurgent One

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 11-05-98).]

<Roleplay> ON

Ahh Cmdr. Grenville, I see that you are newly raised from the Academy full of vim, vigor, and (however misplaced they are) high morals. Indoctrined quite nicely in Galcom and UFN beliefs.

They told you we were uncoordinated? That wasn't part of the lessons when I was in Galcom. Or did you figure that out for yourself? How so? Could an uncoordinated group survive for hundreds of years? Not just the 35 since we were officially declared outlaws.

The addition of Rattler breathed new life into the Insurgency yes but Insurgents were never disorganized.

And as to defense we are quite well defended thank you. Take care when you coming knocking at our door.

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

"We Shall Arise From the Ashes"

<roleplay> OFF

Hehe. No one escapes. <G> But give it back! As good as you got if not better. smile.gif I love it.

[This message has been edited by Charles Lindsey (edited 11-05-98).]

<rp>

If huffing and puffing won't blow your house down then I bet that an nuclear warhead lunched from orbit will do the trick. I'm a very firm believer in over kill.

Yes, you was one of the best but not the only one. Remember no matter how good you are there is always someone better. And if it takes a "Wolf Pack" to bring the the rebellion to it's knees then so be it.

Make no mistake of thinking you are more than what you really are, REBELS, the scum of humanity. And I will make every effort to put an swift end to your movement so that Earth can prepare itself for a possible threat from unknown alien forces.

And to the rebel Chavik not only will I be knocking at your door very soon but if I have to I will blow the bloody thing off it's hinges.

Karl Wolf

Hammer of God

Espilon Battle Group

15th EarthCOM Planetay Force

</rp>

[This message has been edited by Karl Wolf (edited 11-06-98).]