Curious about Roleplay? Ask Here.

Guest <font color=blue><b>Charles Lind

Guest <font color=blue><b>Charles Lind

Wondering about Roleplay and how it pertains to this game? Ask here.

We'll explain it to you. Feel free to join in. smile.gif

Guest geoffwa

How does player interaction occur in the BC3000AD roleplaying universe? I saw one site run by DeSylva that asked for login/pass.

It just seems weird that you can roleplay without multiplayer...

Geoff

Guest Ron Wallin

v2.o will include the abillity to script custom missions. These will be the backbone of the RP game. Missions will assigned or posted and the results from each player sent back to DeSylva or his appointee. That person would then update the RP BC3K universe based on the results and the process started over. Derek has even mentioned that it would be possible to dynamically update the BC3K game universe along with the mission posts. That means if the Insurgents win all the skirimishes, we could conceivably have taken out EarthCOM and it would be reflected in the game. But that's not hard fact. For the most part, the methods of gameplay will be revealed along with that first RP mission.

DeSylva is currently at school, so if anyone close to him finds any of this to be incorrect, please post a correction.

Cmdr. Akira

That's the fun of it. At least some of it. Player interaction occurs here on the site in various ways. Wishes, discussions, sharing tips; a forum for everything.

And for roleplaying, just say we are getting ready. Commander DeSylva has a project in the works, and ever since the fleets were allowed rivalries sprang up. With rivalry comes discussion. We have been very careful to keep it good natured outside of the roleplaying but almost anything goes within roleplaying so long as you use the tags. We are just "Getting into Character". smile.gif We have beaten each other over the head with the manual, called each other dirty names, and explained what we would do should we catch one of them.

It's all been great fun. And that is the key. FUN. I have had an absolute blast. And Thanks to Derek for allowing all of it.

Roleplay without multiplay? It works. You've seen it. But when Multiplay comes on line it's going to be ten times more fun. Just hang on for the ride. Insurgents "1" ; Galcom "0" ROFL. (Sorry, had to. A scoreboard? hmmmmm.)

The Site you are referring to is the Fleet Operations Center. Desylva set that up for the different fleets to use as a storehouse for information. Password by necessity to avoid one fleet viewing another's info. I hope it takes off.

Thank you for asking. I welcome any other explanations that come along. And questions also, though I hope the man who knows all about it might step in and explain the points I missed.

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm...all this sounds really interesting..I'm a newbie when it comes to BC3K. In fact, I just d/l the latest patch and am trying out my first game. Yikes! Looks darn intimidating...

My question is, are all these current roleplaying a warm-up for the launching of the multiplayer BC3K? So, if that is right, there is actually no real playing together by all the human Commanders, right? No huge fleet campaigns, with different BCs interacting with each other?

Forgive me if my question seems daft, but I new to roleplaying ( and multiplaying too!)<grin>

Regards,

Alan

Well, as far as big fleet operations is concerned, that's pretty much what the SDF competition is for. I'm sure it will spawn plenty of roleplaying! Or it should. After that's over, there are quite a few peole out there who are planning on creating scripts with the mbuilder (me included!), and many of these may be designed to follow a similar system to the SDF competition. And don't forget how succesful Wing commander: Secret Ops was...I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get a team of scripters together to develop our own version of Secret Ops...

In short, plenty of stuff is in the works to enhance roleplaying. *grin*. Read my last posting, "Back to the Fold", for more information on projects I am working on, if you would like to be involved.