Joining Fleet?

Dave

I hope i'm posting this in the right spot. How does a person go about joining a fleet?

What are these fleets all about? Is it for multiplayer? It sounds really cool, and i would like some info on joining. Thanks.

Dave,

I invite you to read all the threads in this forum for a little insight into the Fleets, and decide if you want to join one, or just elect to be a member of Galcom Prime Fleet by doing nothing. The Fleets will most assuredly be a part of Multi-Player, but for now they are Role Player driven. How you join a particular fleet is to Register on the Commander's Roster, electing which Group you wish to join, and then the fleet that you want to join. If you want to join the Insurgents, I welcome you with open arms. Just put Insurgents in as Group, and Spectre in as Fleet. Also, no matter which group you join, do not put in a designation (GCV, ECV, or ICV) in front of your ship. The Program will put that in for you. No matter the fleet that you decide on, just join and enter into the fray smile.gif, and "Welcome Aboard Commander!" Send me some email if you want to know more about the Insurgency. biggrin.gif

Cmdr Rattler, ICV Necromancer, Spectre, Insurgent One

Rattler has given you some good information. I might add that you may want to read Section 3.0 of the manual "A Brief History". It covers Earth's "history" from the present 1990's to game-time present of 3000 A.D. One thousand years has not done much for humanity it seems. Earth still has it's problems and no one is painted totally innocent.

So read a bit and see what you think. Once you decide which fleet you would like to join simply e-mail that fleet leader. The Roleplay forums are good reading too. You may have to expand your preferences to catch the first one.

So choose well for you will be stuck with that identity from here on. smile.gifAn enthusiastic man like yourself would do well as an Insurgent.

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

[This message has been edited by Charles Lindsey (edited 11-12-98).]

Dave: I suggest you visit the web sites of the player fleets in order to get a complete info on them. I know the ISS and Orion Fleets have their websites up & running, I do not know if this is true for the insurgents. Wraith Fleet will open its site soon. Each Fleet has its own "style" of play, so check em out before you decide your future in the BC3K universe.

Usagi.jpg

Fleet Leader

Daniel "Tac" Londono

GCV Usagi (Wraith Flagship)

=HellHound Wing=

==Wraith Fleet==

[This message has been edited by Tac (edited 11-13-98).]

Thanks for all of the great information. It sure will make multiplayer very interesting.

That's one of the great things about this game. It draws you in to this big universe.

I don't know if this question was answered,

but, will the new version have MP? Or do we

have to wait until BC3020? Again, thanks

for taking the time to answer my questions.

Guest Ron Wallin

Sorry, Dave. There is no multiplayer support in the upcoming v2.o release. We won't get to try that out unitl BC3020 is released. Derek is not (last I read) doing a public beta of 3020, so we'll just have to wait!

Until then, v2.0 will include a mission builder. That will allow for some custom level best score matches. Until 3020, that'll have to satisfy you. smile.gif

Cmdr. Akira

Guest Antti Junkkari

Hello all, hello Dave!

Actually Dave, first reason of forming Orion Fleet was the upcoming multiplayer release to upcoming BC3020AD release, so if ya wanna real action.. wink.gif

Hey Derek, Rattler, Michael, Chavik, Tac, should we write a complete "Joining a fleet instructions"??

Commander Junkkari/GCV-Predicant

Orion Fleet

[This message has been edited by Antti Junkkari (edited 11-14-98).]

Hello all,

I just wanted to thank Rattler for all the great advice. I would like everyone to know, that i just joined the Insurgents. For now

on, i will be known as Condor. And i will

be commanding the great Armageddon. Thank you

again for all the help. I am very proud to

be a member of the Insurgent family. Happy

flying all!

Dave aka "Condor"

Welcome to the fold Dave. Err Commander Condor. smile.gifI like the name. Rest assured you are a game player first and anyone will help you with any questions you may have. You do seem to have quite a grip on the situation. But anyone feel free to ask any queations you have. What's the worst can happen? We'll tell you to read the manual. smile.gifBut Roleplay is not in the manual so ask away. smile.gif

So Thank you Condor for answering Rattler's Call To Arms. Where did that go Rattler? smile.gif Isn't it about time to issue it again? Your post originally but <whisper> call to arms, call to arms, call to arms </whisper>.

And Antii, I see DeSylva has responded. I think we coverd about all of it in this thread. But perhaps a form letter (?) we could send out for those who want to know would work. Like I used to do with the tutorial. Not many people are asking for that any more. It's posted and I still have it. But DeSylva will do a good job of a joining fleets instruction. And we can then mail it out to people to ask.

<whisper> call to arms, call to arms, call to arms. </whisper> smile.gif

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

<RP>

Well, Dave...

Welcome aboard! You sure gonna have fun, just wait till TC is back...

He'll HATE having one more enemy! smile.gif

Just did the right thing, man!

See you...

Oliver

• 2 weeks later...