Fun Part 4: More Fresh Meat!

Well, somebody had to make a new topic, that other one was getting WAY to slow, and Chavik never got around to doing it smile.gif"><p>There

Let's start where we left off, with the subject of Khir'san getting ganged up on smile.gif

Well, let's get to it!

------------------

William Ramsay, Jr., AKA:

Commander Alun Tringad,

ISS Fleet Tactical Support Coordinator,

GCV Black Falcon, ISS05

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bil, you need to learn patience. At reply 34 you started hollering for a new thread. At reply 52 you practically demanded it. I was going to get aroundto it today; but I kept thinking About DeSylva's directives and how to reiterate them without saying "OK all you MARINES, make sure you got your boots on the correct foot and your supporter on the right way!". That will suffice though. Roleplay is Roleplay but we can tell when it goes over the top. We (I remember when on the old forum) have seen it. Roleplay is Roleplay but it is still you typing in the words. Be very careful or give one heck of a supporting argument. Even then be careful.

Little did I know that 10 or so small replies would creep in throwing the reply count of this thread bigger than it had ever been before. And some of those were with pics. I am absolutely not complaining about pics. They are allowed.(Within the bounds Derek set long ago. None bigger than you have already seen.) They are welcome. They eat up loading time. Understand this.

I was waiting for the apologies to settle down before I started a new thread. So that I could emphasize DeSylva's warnings about roleplay. As this is only the reply in this thread (I hope) maybe this warning will be seen.

And you still haven't done Rattler right.

Now as far as you wanting to continue where we left off, where did we leave off? People ganging up on Khir'san? HAH!!! There were two posts from Rattler after that and one from myself. Maybe so but <RP> It always takes several individuals to argue down one Fervent supporter no matter how disillusined he is.(hope ya don't mind Khir'san smile.gif feel free to use this in a roleplay thread. )<RP> OFF.

I'm still waiting on a reply to my reply. Or was my arguement too sound? I'm sure RAttler is waiting on a reply to his reply.

So having babbled all that let the roleplaying continue. All are friends. Let the roleplaying continue. Within Bounds. smile.gif

------------------

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

[This message has been edited by Charles Lindsey (edited 12-05-98).]

Chavik: Your right, I should have waited longer, until you made the new thread. I'm sorry for jumping in and taking over. redface.gif

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad,

GCV Black Falcon, ISS05

Guest Ron Wallin

I noticed a person, remaining nameless for this lesson, that was referring to the warring factions incorrectly. In the case that there are confused newbies here's the skinny:

ICV = Insurgent Command Vessel

GCV = Gallactic Command Vessel

ECV = Earth Command Vessel

These are ship designations only. They are not the abrieviations for the various player groups. The existing groups/fleets/player groups, etc., are:

GALCOM:

PRIME,ISS,WRAITH,and ORION Fleets

EARTHCOM (under the control of GALCOM while in space):

SCID Fleet

INSURGENTS:

SPECTRE Fleet

I hope this helps to clarify the current basic force breakdown as it currently exists. If there are corrections to this list, I trust my friends out there will post them.

Now, back to the RolePlayin' Action smile.gif

Cmdr. Akira

<RP ON>

Cmdr. Karl Wolf and Khir'san, I am glad to see that you have not been effected by the epidemic of cowardice that has seemingly swept through the UFN. I prefer to fight an honorable enemy who stands for their beliefs. I must credit you as worthy opponents.

In reponse to you, Cmdr. Wolf, the UFN's "representative" government for the people seems to not like any opposition (note that they jail and even execute many who oppose). Do you really serve the people or do you enslave them to your governments ideals. Do those ideals stress freedom or fear. Its a matter of perspective - but I believe that history will record the UFN as a global dictatorship who used such "elections" to find out who their oppostion was - and terminate them.

Of course some do claim that history is written by the victors, and well lets just say I'm writing my first history textbook. One I am sure your grandchildren will get to read.

Cmdr. Firesword

ICV Aletheia

<RP OFF>

I must say, your comment about the "flameing sword" was a good one. I walked into that one. :-)

[This message has been edited by FireSword (edited 12-05-98).]

[This message has been edited by FireSword (edited 12-05-98).]

Just to clarify, EarthCOM have their own space force, known as the 15th Planetary Force. This force is autonomous. There are several Battle Groups as part of this. Alpha Battlegroup is the Command Group, Epsilon is the main Assault Ops group, Omega is the SCID group, and Omicron is the training/cadet group.

There ya go!

OK. Everything is fine in the real world. smile.gif

The roleplay world is not however. {<RP>on} We still have misguided commanders running around Claiming we are nothing more than terrorists and murderers. I don't know how many times we have to say we are not until you believe us. But that is all part of the propaganda is it not?

But if we are terrorists, where are the nukes? We could decimate Earth yet we do not. We want her clean and populated when we return. Military targets are part of war. If you claim we are murderers because we acquire military vessels then so are you. Your aim seems to be to crush us into nothing. We just want you disbanded. If not that than severe restrictions placed on Earthcom activities so that the mass harrassments and arrests cannot continue.

Pirates rob and plunder. Military targets do not fall into this category. The spoils of war are just that. If you abandon equipment we are free to use it. If you threw it away you must not want it any longer.

So tell us again that we are thieves, terrorists, pirates, and raiders. We will prove you wrong every time, as we have proven you wrong in so many other things.

Firesword. Well said. Thank you for joining us and pitching in.

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

<RP> OFF

Maybe that will stir the pot some. <G> Thanks for the newbie hints Akira. Here is mine. Go into preferences and reset them to show a longer time frame. You can read the other threads that have dropped off your page. Also there is an icon that looks like a mail slot with a letter sticking out. Click that. CIC leaves messages there too. He suggested 100 days.

Guest Ron Wallin

Sorry, Desylva, you are correct about the EARTHCOM breakdown. I simply made the mistake of saying they were under the control of GALCOM. That is wrong. However, per the SC Derek Smart, EarthCOM vessels in space are under his command. I'm looking for the post right now for confirmation. smile.gif

Hi all.

Well Ron you are right that EarthCom space ships being under the control of Galcom, Earthcom plays more of a supporting role in space. While, on the other hand, as I understand it, the roles are reversed on planets. Galcom plays the supporting role to EarthCom on planet side missions.

And I'm glad that Desylva cleared up that thing about EarthCom 15th Planetary Force. smile.gif

Karl Wolf

[This message has been edited by Karl Wolf (edited 12-06-98).]

SC said that? Wow. He's got more power in space than I thought...*grin*.

As far as the RP world goes, based on the info I've gathered, EarthCOM are autonomous. It remains to be seen what happens in the game itself, though. *grin*.

Stay posted for an important announcement.

The announcement has it's own thread - everyone check out Starstation: Cavalier. But now, to business.

<RP>

Well, I'm back. I've been monitoring this dispute as closely as I could - from behind a desk. I even managed to glean a sample of latest intelligence. You Insurgents have made me quite proud - i know I've made it when I appear on your "targets of opportunity" list...

The fact is, these arguments could go on forever. But how many people do you expect to be drawn in to your rhetoric? How many times must we listen to "Even though we do this, and this, and this, we MEAN this - and that makes it alright?". It's not true and it DOESN'T cut it.

GALCOM is the ONLY force that fights to preserve peace and safety in Terran space. the Insurgents fight to disrupt it. for all of your protestations of no ill intent towards civilians, SURELY you must realise that, by hampering us, you endanger the civilians we are fighting to protect!

At the end of the day we must face raiders, criminals, assassins, hostile military forces trying to sneak through Sol on their way to other GALCOM territories. The Insurgents are just one more threat.

To be honest, I grow tired of endless parroting by the Insurgents of their lofty ideals. Lofty ideals they choose to accomplish by deadly force. GALCOM has lofty ideals as well - but we don't have to resort to killing to achieve them.

Be warned, Insurgent pups. The GCV First Light is active once more.

Guest Ron Wallin

[rp]

Welcome back, Cmdr. DeSylva. It is a shame to keep capable commanders, such as yourself, behind a desk pushing paperwork. I am, myself, glad to hear of your return to the void. And I agree with much of your comments.

Earth is on the verge of meeting a foe potentially more powerful than itself in the Gammulans. Unfortunately, GALCOM will be Earth's only help in this coming crisis. Perhaps GALCOM is spread far too thin to properly meet this challenge.

Being that Earth's welfare is the main thrust of both our groups (at least on paper), I suggest peace talks begin. However, this is by no means an official request, rather it's a suggestion to get the ball rolling.

In order for the Insurgent command to agree to such an action the UFN would have to agree to the following:

1. Full pardon of all past actions for those members recognized by Insurgent Command.

2. Permanent seats within the UFN Senate, filled by a vote of Insurgent members only.

3. Access to all EARTHCOM records pertaining to Insurgent interests.

4. Joint training at the GALCOM academy for new recruits into the Insurgent forces.

5. Quarterly allotment of new BC's with the option to purchase additional crafts as the need arises.

From this, GALCOM would gain an ally with knowledge and rescources as of yet unknown to itself. The steadily increasing flow of commanders leaving GALCOM's ranks would stop. And GALCOM's resources could be better alocated towards the coming threat. This type of agreement would also allow the Insurgent movement a more peaceful means of keeping its eye on EARTHCOM.

This is an informal suggestion and in no way reflects on the Insurgents plans or its abillity to cary forward its agenda. However, after all these discussions, I (no one else) figured it's time to put up or shut up, gentlemen. How concerned is GALCOM with the protection of Earth and her assets?

Its true concern can be correctly gauged by their response to this post. Favorable response, and the citizens can be sure that GALCOM truly has their best interests at heart. Negative response and, well, it will be pretty clear who GALCOM really cares about (themselves, not those they claim to protect!).

EARTHCOM, I don't expect positive word one from you. In fact an agreement like this would be detrimental to your agenda. I myself, will do my best to remain level headed and IGNORE any and all responses from members of your orginization.

I cannot stress this enough: This is <b>NOT</b> an official request and has not been approved by or supported by any member of the Insurgent forces!!!

Cmdr. Akira

ICV NEVERMORE

Spectre Fleet, Command Staff

Base Commander, The Dojo

[/rp]

How's that for something new, DeSylva?! It should, at least, inject some new life to this thread wink.gif I LOVE to mix it up biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 12-06-98).]

<RP>

Mr. Chavik.

I respect the sense of honour that CERTAIN members of your organisation have. I DESPISE that of some others. But what I don't do is accord you the status of anything more than criminal terrorists. So as for your ridiculous demands...

1) Full pardon of all past actions for those members recognized by Insurgent Command.

Why in hell would we do that? Your past actions, over the last 50 or so years, were illegal and resulted in loss of life. they involved violent attacks on personnel with the recognised authority of the UFN.

2) Permanent seats within the UFN Senate, filled by a vote of Insurgent members only.

No other political party or group is regarded this privilege. If we were to do it, not only would it be grossly unfair and undemocratic, it would leave every other political group within the UFN fuming. So why would we do it. The idea behind government is that you have to be elected. But I guess, that's always something you've had trouble with, isn't it?

3) Access to all EARTHCOM records pertaining to Insurgent interests.

Why not? You certainly try hard enough to access them now.

Once again, no other political group is allowed access to sensitive information kept by EarthCOM in the interests of security. So why would we let a past terrorist group?

4) Joint training at the GALCOM academy for new recruits into the Insurgent forces.

Really? you seem to be under the misguided opinion that, even if we were to strike a peace deal, we would let you remain militarised. Why? So you can strike us again? People joining GALCOM academy join GALCOM; people joining EarthCOM Academy join EarthCOM. There will BE no Insurgent forces.

5) Quarterly allotment of new BC's with the option to purchase additional crafts as the need arises.

For what reason? See above.

Well, I'm probably going to thorouhly p*** off the Diplomatic Corps over at GALCOM HQ with this, but surely you must understand that the only terms we will accept a peace deal is with your complete disarmament. Those among you who have committed atrocities will, of course, have to face trial for your crimes, but with complete cooperation from your High Command, your sentences may be adjusted.

A more peaceful way of keeping an eye on EarthCOM? You ask for THIS after 50 years of terrorism and destruction? How trusting do you think we can be, after all of this time. You seem to expect all of the walking to be done by GALCOM. Not so, my friends. After all of the crimes you have committed, lofty ideals or not, you are not just going to have to walk to us - you are going to have to run. Dropping your weapons along the way.

Yours,

Commander DeSylva.

</RP>

Man it is GOOD to be back!

Guest Ron Wallin

[rp]

Thank you for your reply to my idea, DeSylva. It has confirmed what it was designed to confirm: GALCOM is in the business for its own reasons and not the welfare of Earth.

I did not expect all or even any of the demands to be met or even considered, I was simply fishing for GALCOM dogma.

It really is too bad, though. Without Insurgent resources on your side, you will surely fail against the coming horde of Gammulans.

Don't think your allies will be there to help, either. Their resources are under direct control of the natives and when the stuff hits the fan, they will turn and run in hopes of defending their own homes.

Good luck, DeSylva. You're forces are spread thin and it's not going to take much to punch holes through them. Too bad you can't put aside your personal vendettas and hatred for the good of the whole. Poor form frown.gif

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 12-06-98).]

<RP>

Akira, you was quite right in assuming that your preposterous demands for peace would be anything but laughed at, at Earth Command. I won't even bother debating you demands for Cmdr. DeSylva has done a excellent job in doing that already. All I request is that you stop smoking that exotic alien drug, get your head out of your butt and start living in the real universe.

And the pure gall to believe that the UNF actually needs the likes of rebels to help defend Earth. EarthCom and Galcom are perfectly capable of defend Earth from any and all threats which most certainly includes the insurgents.

Your dear insurgent movement has spread terror and mayhem throughout the Terran Sector for many, many years and now just because you come with the olive branch all is forgive? No sir, all is not forgiven or forgotten.

Know this rebels, we will deal with any alien threat that may present itself and once that has been completed we will finish our house cleaning and this time we will make sure we take out all the trash.

Karl Wolf

ECV Hammer of God

Epsilon Battle Group

15th EarthCom Planetary Force

"When it comes down to it, Earth is first and everyone else can go to Hell."

</RP>

I know you all missed my stinging retorts as of late, so I'm back, and once again I go unto the mouth of madness to defend Earth from all. smile.gif

Glad to have you back DeSylva, I bet they sure have missed you out there on the front lines, but how would I know? I'm stuck out here in the <classified> system, waiting to be picked up! smile.gif

<RP ON>

Akira: I can do nothing but laugh at those "demands", because that's exactly what they are, a terrorist's demands. Are you so desperate that you need Galcom to provide training and vessels? That's what it looks like to me.

<RP OFF>

Later all.

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad,

GCV Black Falcon, ISS05

PS DeSylva: I'm working on my time-line right now, I'll get it to you A.S.A.P smile.gif

[This message has been edited by William Ramsay (edited 12-06-98).]

<RP>

You Poor, Demented, Self Righteous, Egotistical Maniacs. One of my trusted Cmdrs comes to you with an olive branch and you use it as a weapon against not only him, but the good of Earth Herself. We could have made a deal with the Gammulans to just stand aside and let them do as they would with both You and Earth, but we didn't. We could have made a deal to stand aside and let them take care of YOU and leave Earth intact for US. We Didn't. We COULD have made a deal with you to join forces and kick the Gammulans out of the known Universe!! YOU WOULDN'T!!!! Cmdr DeSylva, Since when did you become the Mouth Piece for EARTH? Cmdr Wolf, When did you become the governing body for EarthCom? Oh, I forget, It's the PEOPLE's choice, RIGHT? B.S.!! Like always, you guys have decided amoungst yourselves what will be the best for the people that you "Protect", and allow them to suffer for your decisions. As always, Hide behind your words, but make sure that you don't have to abide by them. Time is very precious, and I have very little of it to WASTE on the likes of YOU. True "Galcommies" to the core, now let me spit, grab some Empirian Ale, and go wash the bitter taste from my mouth one gets from the very mention of your name. We have to get ready for the Gammulans, as you surely aren't going to be of any value to the effort. We'll have to do it ourselves. Just remember, If the Gammulans show up on Earth's doorstep, it was because you didn't do the RIGHT Thing, and help us stop them down near Antis. Your Conscience, Hope you can sleep with it!!

Cmdr Rattler, ICV Necromancer, Spectre, Insurgent One

<RP/>

Couldn't pass that one up. Your turn smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 12-06-98).]

<RP>

Once again the snake rears it's head out of it's hole to test the waters.

The only real way you or any other rebel can help Earth is to cease and decease all terrorist activities against Earth and to lay down your arms. Because while we devote men and ships to fending off your attacks those are less ships on the borders of Terran space helping to defend us all.

Your rebel organization are comprised of only a small number of warships thus what you have proposed is totally unacceptable. Turn over your ships and we will put them to good use doing what they were made to do and that's defending humans not murdering them as you have been doing.

I believe that the olive branch your commander offered was offered out of a sense of guilt and regret. The guilt and regret of all the crimes the insurgent movement have committed, so in your own sadistic way, you try to atone for all the wrongs you have committed, by offering up those ridiculous demands. But it will take more than an olive branch to atone, it will take the totally disbandment of the insurgent organization.

Bring that to the table and maybe we will have something to talk about until then you can keep hiding in your hole, until the day comes, when I decide to dig you out.

Karl Wolf

ECV Hammer of God

Epsilon Battle Group

15th EarthCom Planetary Force

"When it comes down to it, Earth is first and everyone else can go to Hell."

</RP>

<RP ON>

Olive branch? Try a list of crazy demands! If you expect Galcom and EarthCom to, maybe if your lucky, come to an agreement some time this century, you'll have to do A LOT better then that! I'll relunctantly agree with you Insurgents on one thing, that the Gammulans are a major threat. You won't make a deal with them. They're not trust worthy, not unlike yourselves. If they, somehow unlikly, defeat Galcom and EarthCom, they won't leave Earth intact for you to come in and take over. They'll just destroy it, and all of you along with us. Wake up and smell the flowers, you're just as bad as they are. Think about it.

<RP OFF>

Later all.

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad,

GCV Black Falcon, ISS05

<RP> ON

Mr. DeSylva,

You seem to have forgotten our earlier squabble and appear to be giving grudging respect. I will certainly take that as it is better than nothing and it will allow our talks to continue.

Now please beleive me when I say I am writing this calmly. I am. But aren't you the pot calling the kettle black? You speak of our crimes of the past 50 years. We speak of yours for the past several hundred. It began with Earthcom. Or at least the operative branch. Kidnapping and brutality. You speak of our crimes and these are not? Then our expulsion from the government itself. This was not a crime in and of itself but the events leading up to it certainly were. But what it was was a cover up. Poorly orchestrated and now part of the histories. A faux pas that not even the historians could ignore.

We had no trouble getting elected until the UFN booted us out. Simply for being dissidents. We were changing the face of government but the good ol' boy upper echelon did not like it. Scared of being peacefully ousted they chose the path they did. Declaring us outlaws finally to cover up what they had done.

We have the UFN and Earthcom dead to rights yet you still deny it. You of all people knows what is like to run from Galcom. It isn't a lot of fun is it?

We have taken steps to ensure that any questionable member is placed under the command of an honorable commander. We will not tolerate another incident like the one at Pluto. That one slipped thru the former command structure and I have been lobbying hard for his removal. I despise him almost as much as you do I believe.

Akira's points were not that unreasonable. They were not demands yet offerings. Peace means peace and a joint effort means a jointeffort. We could supply those minerals necessary to manufacture our allotment of BC's. But as you denied all those points it yet again proves, as Rattler said, that you are out for yourselves.

So far as needing us to help and discounting us as a drop in the bucket, that dosesn't wash either. We have some good commanders here and you know it. Perhaps I am naive but I just can't believe our actions justify your hatred. War is war after all. To claim we are committing terroist acts to justify your counter attacks is ludicrous.

And Alun. The offer of a joint training effort was not because we lack instructors or resources. Having fought against our own style of ship, we know the weak spots. We could teach you this. We could teach you quite a lot of tricks. But go ahead and ignore offers of help. It will be interesting to see whom you target first.

This could be worked out but the UFN and her representatives will not see. Then again Galcom commanders are not diplomats and should not pretend to be.

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

<RP>

Firstly, Tringad I won't speak with or deal with TRAITORS, and accordingly, You are not a part of this discussion.

Secondly, This discussion has now avalanched into a DIPLOMATIC Discussion, and accordingly, Cmdrs, You are not Authorized to enter into, nor be a party to any discussions pertaining to Diplomacy. Your Jobs are to Enforce it, not make it. Now send me to one of those ELECTED Officials that you are all so proud of, and get the H#$$@## out of my way. Oh, you say I can't do this? You bet I can. I'm a RECOGNIZED Official, even though you don't approve of me, I still have the ability to visit in a Diplomatic Capacity, and May not Bring weapons, nor reenforcements to the bargaining table. Or have you guys forgotten that you DO work for someone else. Now where are those Elected Officials? What, You can't produce them? Then shut up about them and admit that you have replaced them with UFN Officers and let's be done with this. By the way, I don't deal with Second Stringers, Where are your Leaders smile.gif

Rattler, Insurgent One

<RP/>

Guest Ron Wallin

Man, talking 'bout calling 'fire' in a crowded theatre. I just wanted to create something other than the usual for us to discuss...

[rp]

Gentlemen, Rattler is correct. None of us, besides Rattler, has the authority to make these decissions. I was simply pointing out a possibility in the grand scheme of things. What is sad is that those protecting Earth are too focused on their task to see the big picture.

I've been successful at presenting one aspect of the tunnel vission that has plagued those sworn to protect Earth. How many more examples do you need before you lift your heads from the sand and look at what is going on around you?

Be warned Cmdr.'s, this tunnel vission will destroy us all. The Gammulans are a blood thirsty, power hungry, horde that will not destroy Earth. They will not stop until all Earth's citizens are slaves to their will. Our wives and daughters will be their personal play things. Our sons blood will build the Gammulan's empire. Those now in sevice against them will be food for their beasts.

Our forces are spread around the galaxy in pockets ready to gather or disperse. It will be easy for most of them to evade the Gammulans and we can relocate if necessary. It would be a shame, though, if we were the only free survivors of your lack of vision.

Good day, Cmdr.'s. We will keep your memories alive as long as possible.

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

Spectre Fleet

<RP ON>

Fellow Commanders,

Sad to say, but if I were to look at the issue between the UFN and Gammulans from a third party nonhuman perspective, I would have to conclude that the two groups are almost identical.

Both appear to be dictatorships (note that the "olive branch" was rejected by UFN commanders with no mention of consulting with the people of earth). Both would probably enslave and kill each other if they had the chance (probablly because of racism not ideology). Both treat their opposition as intolerable. Both emphasize building up military fleets, stations, and alliances.

In trying to defeat the Gammulans, the UFN has become its worst enemy. When the Gammulans do come by I truly wonder wether they will find an enemy or a useful ally in the UFN.

This is why I believe the Insurgency is so important, and why its growing fleet will be vital in the years ahead.

Personally, we should not make any agreement with the current UFN (would we make a pack with Gammula?). The point is that the people of earth are already enslaved by our worst enemy -- and sadly that is the UFN composed of fellow human beings.

We must free Earth. When we defeat the UFN, the Gammulans will fall soon after. Failure is not an option, but Victory is within our grasp.

Cmdr. FireSword

ICV Aletheia

SPECTRE

<RP OFF>

Wow, this place is getting intense. We need to cool off...*grin*.

<RP>

I do apologise for giving the impression that I speak as a "mouthpiece" of GALCOM. Let me tell you all right now, that I have no intention of acting as any kind of spokesperson for GALCOM. At least, not until I have reformed it a bit!

You see, I am doing my damndest to try and make GALCOM a little bit more responsible. A little bit more accountable. A little bit more fair and reasonable. I am trying to strip away some of the bueracracy that gets in the way of what we are here to do - keep the systems that are part of the GALCOM alliance safe. How do I do this? By doing my best to serve within the boundaries of my own damn ethical code. I follow orders to the point where I feel that GALCOM has lost sight of what I [c]can[/c] see - the people around me, the battlefield before me. And that's when I, and others like me, can make a difference.

Not by force. Never by force. You see, this is where the Insurgents made their first mistake. They struck the first blows, and in response, we have watched an ever expanding circle of conflict and destruction as each side has further alienated the other. First it was Insurgent protesters attacking EarthCOM equipment back in the 2950s and 60s - then it was EarthCOM guards and operatives monitoring Insurgents - then the outlawing in 2965, and then GALCOM got involved. Well, it is time for it to stop. GALCOM has ridden this wave as best it can. Yes we have attacked and been attacked - we have fought this war as long as we have had to. But we have never incited it, unless you call your own actions, which have inspired hatred in the hearts of my fellow commanders, incitation.

No, I do not speak as a mouthpiece. I speak as a Terran. A single Terran. And as long as there is one single, lone, solitary voice that is speaking out against you, surely you must realise that your entire dogma is flawed! How can you serve humanity? I am human, and all your people have done for me is bring me heartache, sorrow, and shame for my race and my people.

Crime upon crime upon crime. The fact is, that many decades ago, you people "started it". But this is not a childish game of assigning responsibility. Perhaps it is time for GALCOM to indeed take the steps to finish it. Perhaps we will indeed meet you at the negotiating table. But your demands of disarmament and, even worse, a sharing of military force, will never be honoured. I do not say that as a diplomat - I say it as a rational Terran. We cannot afford to onour them. We have been betrayed by the Insurgents too many times before.

I commend your actions, Chavik. I remember you when you were a member of GALCOM. You were one of the new breed of commanders - those who shared similar ideals to mine. It was a day of great sorrow when you followed Rattler, another of my heroes, onto a path of self-destruction and death. It was a day of shame for me to see my brothers and sisters join a cause which counts as it's main aim the use of force to try and undermine another aspect of Terran society. An aspect that has not only not done any evil by it's populace - but has actually benefitted them, in terms of trade and a fair sharing of ideas between members of the GALCOM alliance. How many of those weapons you use now have been developed only as a result of scientific collaboration by the three-way alliance?

We - GALCON, EarthCOM, and the UFN - are not perfect, Chavik and others. You know that, and I know that. But, gentlemen, we are a damn sight better than rebels and terrorists like you - no matter what you call yourself and what lofty ideals you try to fight for. And, gentlemen, let me tell you - that ain't hard.

</RP>

Well, there's tonight's rant.

Remember my warning, people...let's not get too intense here. Just try and keep cool. We are all friends here, and I'd like to emphasise that. At the end of the day, I'd like to be able to retire to the upb for a drink with all of you, without any grudges.

And now, a message from our sponsors...*grin*.