Fun Part 4: More Fresh Meat!

Guest Strategist

{RP on}

I take some R&R and return to find a slew of messages. There is much to comment on, but perhaps too much to give the arguments justice. So I'll summarize.

I admit that I am a new Commander in Galcom, but I must say, the propaganda campaigns by the ICV do not require a nuclear fusion physicist to understand and see through. While I do encourage a peaceful resolution to this conflict, I've said it time and again - we must resolve our differences before the Gammulans get wise and strike Terran space. Whether through a decisive strike now, or peaceful negotiations.

I obviously do not speak for Galcom, but I can assure you, one way or another, this matter must be resolved soon. The time is now, we cannot afford to have two battle fronts. For if the ICV care so much about Earth, they will surely understand it will take a united front against the Gammulans.

So diplomats, whomever you may be, sit down, work out the differences and lets move on. The time is now...

{RP off}

Regards,

Commander Khir'san

GCV Lexington

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No RP tags this time, folks... smile.gif

Boy, I been off-line for just three days and you guys already posted 30+ messages in a new topic... smile.gif I gotta catch up, guys... smile.gif But seems to be major fun this time... smile.gif (heck... "this time" ? As always!)

See ya,

Oiver

Well.... Still no roleplay from my side, but I noticed something... smile.gif

You guys all say that pirates were just robbers and murderers. Well that is not correct. Pirates (the most "glorious" time of their practice was around 1600-1660) were the first democrats in a world were only the noble ruled. They got their captain by election and not by slicing each other into handy bits.

They also did (usually) not attack unarmed private vessels. They first approached the vessel flying the "Jolly Roger" (You sure have seen that flag before... That white skull) And signalized the "enemy" vessel to struck their colors. If they did, the vessel was boarded and searched. If it contained valueables, they were taken for their own use(under a certain law... I forgot the exact title of that charta. frown.gif Was passed around 1590-1600 as far as I can remember. Or with the authorization of their respective "letters of marque" allowing them to capture and board enemy vessels). They did then decide to keep the ship (as a "prize") or to let it go.

Most of these encounters were without any gunfights, but when they approached an armed vessel that did not surrender, they opened fire. (then boarding... etc.) Then they put its crew in their "brig" (what we call detention hold nowadays... smile.gif ) to put them safe ashore someplace. In some caes they held them for ransom.

In that time they were partially even a political force in the Spanish Main. (Depending on the nation, governors and relationship between the most important seafaring nations)

Just to make that a little clearer... smile.gif

(and NO, I did not learn all that by just playing "pirates" smile.gif I'm very interested in that period of time, especially the carribean at that time.)

Happy huntin', guys!

Oliver

<RP ON>

Rattler: I am not a traitor, I have been a Galcom commander the whole time, I was just serving the UFN on the other side of the lines. And I'm as much a part of this conversation as you are, and who are you to tell me otherwise?! I am tired of you, and your ideals. I'm tired of all the Insurgents. I can't wait to blast you in to the void! The time for arguing is over, I say we settle this on the battle field. <RP OFF>(well, not until MP comes out smile.gif)<RP ON> It's not a matter of who's doing what, it's a matter of doing our jobs, and our job is to protect the planet you claim to love. And if that means destroying you in the process, so be it! Watch your backs, you're not the only ones who can strike without warning.

<RP OFF>

Hope I didn't get too fired up. This is just role play, I have nothing against Rattler and co smile.gif

Later all smile.gif

------------------

William Ramsay, Jr., AKA:

Commander Alun Tringad,

ISS Fleet Tactical Support Coordinator,

GCV Black Falcon, ISS05

[This message has been edited by William Ramsay (edited 12-07-98).]

Guest Ron Wallin

[rp]

Once again the big picture escapes YOU! DeSylva, the Insurgents of the past you speak of were not terrorists. They were a peaceful orginization going about making change by peaceful and lawfull means.

Yes, some of their ranks became zelots and took steps we all regreted. There was nothing that could be done and those responsible were always brought to trial and made to pay for their unlawful actions. That was the way things were and the way things should have remained.

But UFN couldn't deal with the truth of our peaceful and lawful claims against the government. That's when the UFN, backed by EARTHCOM, decided to declare the entire Insurgent orginization 'Outlaw'. There was NO trial, NO chance to defend ourselves in a court of our piers, and NO vote put to the people. The innocent were simply GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION not guilty by action.

The past aside, DeSylva, why do you think the majority of us have decided to join the Insurgents? Yes there are some that are simply hell bent on power, greed, carnage. It's the same within your orginization. The majority, however, has joined because the UFN, along with EARTHCOM and GALCOM under its command, is STILL playing the same game.

We were both put through the same training and indoctrination, DeSylva. The instructors did their best to produce robots, but I find it hard to believe that a smart person like yourself came away from the academy not being able to formulate your own thoughts.

Since it is confirmed that you can think for yourself, answer this question: Who's the better? The man who fights for ideals in the hopes that his actions will produce change for the better. Or the man who has sworn to destroy others because they belong to the same movement as one man that wronged him in the past.

You've made it clear that you are out to avenge your past, DeSylva. In that, you show just as much growth and wisdom of your parent orginization, and are no better than the UFN. No matter how you word it DeSylva, you, GALCOM, EARTHCOM, and the UFN are in the same business as they were years ago: Take what you want, say what you will, and punish the innocent to settle vendettas and cover your actions.

I'm sorry for the things that happened to you in the past. No person should experience that kind of torment. But it's time to grow up! I don't expect you to come over to our side, DeSylva. But I do hope that you will begin to see the truth in what goes on around you.

Without seeing the big picture it is impossible to know when the real enemy is stabbing you in the back!

As far as you're concerned, Alun, you're no better than the dogs that employ you. We were all brave enough to stand up and be counted for what we believe in. You, on the other hand, betrayed what little trust you were freely given. We did not come after you because you are chump change not worth the space you occupy in the pocket of someone better. We are not in the business of meaningless vendettas. We are in the business of curtailing the illegal actions of EARTHCOM under the control and watchful eye of the UFN.

I don't expect you to understand any of this, Tringad. You have found a little praise in your position of spy and like the limelight. It is my prediction that your future actions will further reflect a need for attention but nothing of any real distinction. Good day, Alun, you will die the lonely death of a spy, stabbed in the back by one of his own.

DeSylva, a warning. If Alun was comissioned to spy on us, who's to say he wasn't assigned to spy on you. EARTHCOM has opperatives everywhere. No human is safe from their eyes while they are still allowed to work with relative autonomy.

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

Spectre, Command Staff

[/rp]

Remember all, this is roleplay. The previous words are those of my character and do not reflect the personal beliefs of the author. I remain friends and fellow gamer in this grand endeavor and bear no ill will toward any of you.

Ron

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 12-08-98).]

<RP>

Akira.

You have given me...much to think about.

I have carried a burning hatred for a single man, for many years now. For many years, it has been my goal to see this man apprehended and brought under GALCOM justice.

Have I been blinded by this? Perhaps. But there are other things I have not been blind too.

I have not been blind to the cruisers that I see coming out of hyperspace in Sol system, attacking military craft that have not done anything to earn their retribution but patrol Sol space.

I have not been blind to fighters and super-fighters opening fire on my ship, until I am helpless to do anything by fire back and watch other human lives destroyed.

I have watched - dismayed - as cruisers and carriers, crewed and commanded by people, som friends, some colleagues, all human - have been destroyed, and the lives of all on board lost.

As I have said, you have given me much to thik about. I am a tired man, Akira and bretheren. I am tried under the burden of carrying a hatred with me for so many years, and yet at the same time i know that if I give it upo and let that htred fade then a man and a monster will be able to escape because no one else cares. I am tired of debating statements that will circle in on themselves for all eternity.

I think for myself. I was given the option to join your cause - don't think I wasn't. I know your leader better than you might think. I speak to him even now. He tries to persuade me to your cause. I have heard every argument imaginable. But I can never lower myself to the means you use to accomplish your ends. You yourself freely admit that your aim is to "cripple EarthCOM and the UFN's activities in space and on Earth". You aim to cripple their activities. Why not negotiate? Why do you continue this charade of wanting peace, but making no effort to furnish this aim with actions? Look at the might of the GALCOM fleet before you. Were we to ignore our responsiblities and muster GALCOM's entire force, we could obliterate your movement. We do not. We attack when provoked and we defend ourselves with force if necessary.

There will never be a resolution to this argument. History is history. Some of us believe the integrity of those who report history, and believe that the Insurgents original roots WERE those of terrorists and militants. Other believe passionately that the Insurgents have been the victims from the start. History supports the former, but we will never know.

All I know is that I have seen your actions, and thy speak louder than your words, and your actions are actions of violence and hate. Let no man or woman ever believe that I follow my superiors blindly - my past history should prove to you that I do not. I follow no person but myself, I fight for what I believe in, which is justice and protection for all. And I believe that GALCOM supports those aims as well, which is why I am here.

If I thought for one single moment that the Insurgents supported the aims they did, I would be with you. Sometimes I wonder what it would really be like - so many of my friends have joined. But then I remember what the other Insurgents I have sen have done - not just that one - and I realise that I can never be one of you. And that is myself talking, not some instructor from the academy.

I have much to think about, Akira, Chavik, and Rattler.

</RP>

Well, that should give you something to chew on. I've told you before, don't accuse me of follwoing blindly...*grin*.

Still looking for timeline entries...got some in already. It's interesting to see who were actually classmates in EarthCOM or GALCOM academy...*grin*.

Akira: What did you just call me?!? I should... what? It was role play? Oh, ok smile.gif You put up a good argument, keep it up smile.gif

<RP ON>

Akira: You dare accuse me of spying on Galcom? HA! That's a stab in the dark from a desperate man, eager to turn us against ourselves. Nice try, It didn't work in the least. DeSylva, could you believe these lies he's dishing out?

Now, you claim to fight for Earth, yet you kill Terrans every day. That's very hypocritical if you ask me. Earth will be better off when we get rid of you.

<RP OFF>

/Above argument is old, I'll give you that smile.gif/

Later all

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad,

ISS Fleet Tactical Support Coordinator,

GCV Black Falcon, ISS05

Boy I've been gone waaaaay too long :-)

<RP>

Why can none of us see the light? Why do we sit and bicker amongst ourselves? The end is growing near of us all. Fellow Insurgents, what hope have we against the Gammulans if we elimnate Galcom and Earthcom? Galcom, Earthcom, what hope do you have against the Gammulans if you are forced to fight both us and THEM. Earth is strong......We are strong.....but we fight amongst ourselves as children for our ideals! Fellow Commanders, we must lie our hate aside, and get a truce at the least. A truce, a truce to elimnate the threat we all share....and yet are all blind to. The past is the past, remember it, but let us not relive it. Toghether we can stand strong, our hatred must end, for now. I know I'm no diplomat, and shouldn't attempt the role, but like everyone here, I am a commander of a good ship and a good crew. Everyone here can see eye to eye on this, so let us try for....... survival.

</RP>

Now I've tossed my hat into the ring, great posts everyone :-)

Commander Yazin Re'trat

ICV Lightspeed

[This message has been edited by Friez12 (edited 12-08-98).]

Guest Ron Wallin

[rp]

Alun, your desperate ploy for acceptance gave me cause to laugh. Thank You. So much has happened, I believed the laughter was gone from my BC, but now its back and I have you to thank.

However, you've been pinged, my boy. Read your statement and every one you make from now on! I will be able to point out that they all are a desperate atempt by an obvious spy to save face and his skin.

Here's an example from your previous post:

Spy rule number 1; when caught accuse someone else

"Akira: You dare accuse me of spying on Galcom? HA! That's a stab in the dark from a desperate man"

Spy rule number 2; reafirm your commitment to your piers

"DeSylva, could you believe these lies he's dishing out?"

Spy rule number 3; change the subject before anyone has the time to think about you

"Now, you claim to fight for Earth, yet you kill Terrans every day. That's very hypocritical if you ask me. Earth will be better off when we get rid of you."

You're right Alun, there is no way that you could be a spy for EARTHCOM[insert sarcastic snicker]!

Alun, you might as well change your nickname to "Catch 22"! If your not an EARTHCOM spy, you might as well become one. You're are a marked man and NO defense you create will ever work well enough to clear your name.

On the flip side, I pitty you. On the outside chance that you're not a spy, you have to know that you were used by those above you. They knew that you would never be trusted or respected once you returned. But they sent you into the enemy camp anyway. Sure, you'll get the occasional handout from you're piers, but no one will ever trust you enough to promote you on merrits alone.

It's sad that you attack me on false claims of coldly killing the innocent. You should, instead, be directing your resources toward ensuring your future where you are now.

Good luck, "Catch 22", your actions have ensured that you will fade away with time; the Insurgents will not have to lift a finger to see that it happens. wink.gif

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

Akira: Dang! You put up a great fight! smile.gif

<RP ON>

I might be a marked man, but at least I was marked doing my part in geting rid of you Insurgents. I did my job, and I'm willing to face anything that happens because of that. I am not a coward. I'm not afaid to take what comes to me.

<RP OFF>

Sorry for any typos and if it's not quite up to standard, I'm posting this in haste on somebody elses computer. Well, gotta go, later all.

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS05

Tactical Support Coordinator, ISS Fleet

(RP ON)

Greetings Alun,

so you say you were no traitor? What are you then? A patriot? Well, if so read Oscar White. He's got a very special opinion about "patriots"

Or maybe an Officer and a Gentleman? You remember the guy in that film who commited suicide because he broke under the pressure.

Or perhaps James Bond? Her majesty's spy? But this is life. You abused our trust. You threw away your honor for some intel info that wasn't even too classified. Now you are on the run.

They say everybody has to pay his price. We, the Insurgents, paid ours. We have been excluded from society.

Now you are about to pay yours. To be marked for a lifetime. To constantly live in fear (DeSylva can't be there to watch you six all the time) of our vengeance. But maybe we will not even 'lay our vengeance upon you'. Maybe we just let you live in fear.

You said you spied on us to help "getting rid of us". I don't think you'll ever be able to extinguish us forever. And Avalanche is about to be going down to the hill, and the only thing you could be doin' is to pray.

Yours,

Oliver Hasenau

ICV Vengeance, Spectre Fleet

"Dead men tell no Tales"

(/RP)

oooooh.... speakin' avalanches, I'm jealous about you, Chavik and Rattler. you guys are sittin' in the warm south without freezin' your ***es off. smile.gif

Guest Ron Wallin

Thought you'd like that one, Ramsay smile.gif

[rp]

Alun, the state of your bravado means nothing to me. To say that you will stand and take what's coming to you is obvious. However, what's coming to you will not give you the chance to turn around. Watch your back, Alun. EARTHCOM has the nasty habbit of erasing opperatives once they've been discovered.

Now, onto more meaningful matters. I have questions for thos of you not belonging to SPECTRE FLEET. Seeing how none of you have ever been attacked (DeSylva not included) by members of SPECTRE FLEET, why is that you harbor such hatred for us? The members of EARTHCOM need not reply, their originization has and always will be tripped by our plans. But what is the reasoning for everyone else's loathing attitude toward SPECTRE? Seeing that we've done no direct harm to you and yours, is your hatred a by product of your training. I'm very interested in your response (even you, ALUN).

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

Please, call me William smile.gif

<RP ON>

I don't HATE the Insurgents (I may have said otherwise earlier, but I was mad). I have respect for you because you fight for what you believe in, and don't ever give up. You are worthy opponents. Don't let it be said that Alun Patrick Tringad ever had hate in his heart for another Terran, even one on the other side of the lines.

<RP OFF>

Later all.

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS05

Tactical Support Coordinator, ISS Fleet

Guest Mike Bakke

My first try everyone so don't be too harsh

<rp on>

CMDR Tringad,

I am dissapointed to hear your comments. The insurgency is not to be respected. They are not honorable foes. They are terrorists and murderers operating under the guise of freedom fighters.

I fear that you have seen too many Robin Hood holovids. No, here in the real world young men, both in GALCOM and EarthCOM are killed by explosive decompression everyday. This is not a fairytale world we live in sir.

I would not question your loyalties sir but your judgement is in doubt. Respect for a dispicable foe is not an option.

The only way to deal with these treacherous scum is to crush them under your boot heel like the vermin they are. I say now "Rat"tler is no Robin Hood and his men no merry band of theives. Join us in spirit for the glory of earth!!

"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war"

<rp off>

well that's it hope it didn't come out too bad

In retrospect maybe that last line "Havoc" was a little cheesy but I've always wanted to use it.

Not too over the top I hope

------------------

CMDR Galen Donner

ECV Ruben James

[This message has been edited by Mike Bakke (edited 12-09-98).]

<RP>

Haven't we? So the Insurgent ships I warded form GALCOM HQ earlier today were some "other" Insurgents, were they? Three X-22 pilots were killed today because they could not eject in time. So were five Insurgents flying Defenders.

War isn't about who is right. It's about who is left. Give up, Insurgents - the cost of this senseless war you are waging is being measured in the lives of Terran, and that is a currency that is very expensive to borrow.

</RP>

Busy, busy, busy. I'll be out for the weekend, so play nice while I'm gone...*grin*.

<RP> ON

Mr. DeSylva,

What is this I'm hearing from you? What did you say earlier? Did I hear you correctly? I ask so many times because I simply can't believe it. Was it sympathy? Perhaps to strong a word and one perhaps that would get you into trouble. Maybe understanding would bea better word. Have we finally talked longe enough or shouted loud enough to give some glimmer of what we are trying to do? Of what we have wanted to do for so long?

If you truly attempt what you are saying you will. That you will desuade Galcom from becoming a mirror image of Earthcom. Or at least the terran part of it. Filled to bursting with longtime Earthcom officers I doubt this will be an easy task. For you to say that we share ideals was a shock.

For you to say that we fight for them the wrong way, well when the bully pushes you too many times sometimes you have to push back.

For you to say that we started it, well I'll just leave that hat on the rack this time. I will say I'm reading things just a little differently.

Then you say we have gained so much from our alliance. It cost Earth dearly to get where she is and is still costing her. I don't think Earth has gotten back nearly so much as she has given.

And we are the only ones who target on sight? I think not. I know not. I have been targeted so many times I can no longer count them. You were doing well, please do not pretend that Galcom is the bastion of all that is good in the universe and only defends herself. One man's defensive strike is another man's attack. It does go both ways. I will not lay the blame entirely at Galcom's door; I have seen my share of attacks.

We do want the ideals we say we do. You seem to have begun understanding that. Perhaps. Perhaps just a small part of it. I do thank you and respect you for thinking for yourself. Maybe we could meet at Cavalier one day. I doubt I could get that far into the Sol system. Perhaps Polaris. I could park the Phoenix somewhere and shuttle in.

Or better yet, with Rattler's permission I will escort Alun Tringad to you. Again a neutral planet or moon. We certainly wouldn't want him getting ambushed by pirates or attacked by raiders. A show of trust, we could be certain he was delivered safely, and ensure there would be no oppurtunity to blame us should something go wrong.

You praise us albeit in a small way then turn back and call us terrorists. But some of your words have the ring of truth in them.

Perhaps a small talk would give us both some understanding.

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

<RP> OFF

[This message has been edited by Charles Lindsey (edited 12-10-98).]

Guest Ron Wallin

Hehe. DeSylva, I didn't think your character's pensive attitude would last for long smile.gif

[rp]

DeSylva, we haven't! You of all people should know that there are many that wave the insurgent flag but do not belong to our orginization. I'd expected more from you than to hear you equate us with pirates, assasins and bandits.

Oh well, some people will twist whatever they can to further their goals and drag those otherwise nuetral persons to their side. I cannot tell you how proud I am to be a Terran (that's sarcasm for those that don't understand my wording or my spelling smile.gif)

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

<RP>

I would certainly appreciate the safe return of my operative, considering the hatred your members show for him. I know your ships are closing on his position, whether this is an official "action" or not, and I do not relish having to send letters of condolences to his family. His assignment was my responsibility, so I will glady meet with you, Chavik, at Polaris, and we will both escort him out.

I don't mince words, Chavik. I call you that I think you are. I call you radiers because that is what you do - attack military ships (and civilian ships, but I am sure that is through no fault of your own) and salvage them for your own use. I call you criminal because you are all, to the man, counted as Insurgents because of crimes you have committed. Once more, these are arguments that will never end. We will never know who is in the "right".

If we want the same aims, then there is one solution - end the war. Stop running from the law. Give yourselves up and end this senseless destruction before we are forced to launch the offensive that ends it for you. I do not relish that task either, but I know that if your predations on military personnel continue, it will happen.

None of you would be Insurgents if you did not commit some crime or another. Whether this was deserting the force you pledged to be a member of, carrying dangerous contraband materials, or committing crimes of violence or hate, you have all committed these crimes. And if you truly believe you had "no choice" but to commit them, "no choice" but to rebel, then why did you pick up arms, instead of words? Why did you not stand up for what you believed in and force GALCOM to examine these issues?

And don't feed me the usual garbage I hear from your kind concerning black operatives, death sentences for speaking out, and a totalitarian state of affairs. I speak out. I'm one of the most out-spoken members of GALCOM. And I haven't been attacked or threatened yet. Unless you count verbal attacks from those Commanders I've had cause to criticise.

The ball is in your court. I have no stomach for the killing of Terrans - or any race, for that matter. End the war. Make the first move, because GALCOM has been making all of the moves up until now. We open negotiations, and simply get attacked. We have an entire division devoted to trying to negotiate with Insurgents - a problem that the UFN should be dealing with, not us. We will not rebuke you if you are willing to talk to us, but we will negotiate on even ground - we will not bow to demands or desperate ploys.

You speak some sense, Chavik. This heartens me. Perhaps in a meeting of equals we can find some point of stability in this world of death and despair. For that is surely what we live in when human kills human.

I will meet you at Polaris. Bring my operative with you - safe. It will be a mark of trust. I look forward to seeing you again - you were one of the few cadets at the Academy I met who I suspected thought like me.

DeSylva out.

</RP>

woohoo! Do we get into much trouble from the SC if we form a peace treaty?

Guest Ron Wallin

[rp]

I will back Chavik, in this endeavour. However, I will acompany him. That will even the odds. But since this is Chavik's game, I will be his wingman. No triggers will be pulled unless he gives the word.

Chavik, I hope you believe in what you're doing here. Both our lives are on the line with this.

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

<RP> ON

DeSylva,

It's late over here on Trenis so I'm not at my best but you are arguing in the same circles you just recently derided.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Unless it's the human reaction. Those reactions often explode with far more energy than the sum of the parts. Things escalate beyond control as we have so often seen. We are at this point now.

Calling us criminals, raiders, murderers, and terrorists only adds fuel to the flames.

But going back to the reaction formula I give you my word I will try to escort Tringad to you. If I am able to begin I will finish it. Hopefully my action will produce a like reaction from you.

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

<RP> OFF

If we keep going like this we can have this wrapped up shortly. smile.gif

But I think we would get into just a little trouble if we ruined the game. LOL

<RP> ON

Commander Akira,

Thank you for volunteering to be my wingman. I had my doubts that I would be allowed to go alone escorting a known spy and wind up in a situation where the odds were two to one. Trust begets trust but being naive is silly.

Thank you again. Now we just have to get Tringad's coordinates relayed to us so we pick him up and escort him out.

I do beleive in what I am doing. And I beleive I know what I am doing.

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

[This message has been edited by Charles Lindsey (edited 12-10-98).]

<RP>

Alun - you are to hold short where you are. Help is on it's way. Insurgent ships may arrive before I do. As long as they are the Nevermore and the Phoenix, you are to remain where you are until I arrive. If any other Insurgent ships arrive, leave the area and start running. And if you have any weapons on whatever you stole, for god's sake, keep your temper in check and keep them stowed!

Chavik - you are right, we will continue to argue in circles for all eternity, you and I. You have your convictions and god only knows I have my own. But we would not be gentlemen of the calibre that we are if we were to not accept each others' convictions.

Your position in the Insurgency is well known to me, and I count it as a mark of respect and honour that you would endanger that position in "consorting with the enemy". A mark of honour for you, mind - not your fellow Insurgents. Their honour and integrity remains to be proved to me. But perhaps this is a single glimmer of light on a long, long dark night, that there might be hope left for our race yet.

I certainly hope so.

I'm sure you understand that it will take more than one or two peoples' actions to change my opinion of the Insurgents - much as I realise that my own actions will never be enough to convince one of your number to return to the "right" side of the law. At least, not one with convictions as strong as our own.

But perhaps, for a little while, we can meet on the battlefield as allies. My weapons will be deactivated, and I trust yours will be as well.

Akira - I will look forward to seeing you again, as well. As someone as involved with the history of the Insurgents as I am involved with the history of GALCOM, a meeting will certainly give us a chance to reconcile the teachings we both go by.

My I ask you to note one thing - if you have ever doubted my ability tot hink beyond GALCOM dogma, then take note of the fact of that I will be meeting with Insurgents (rather than shooting them) against the better judgement of most of Fleet command. But seeing as I'm partly responsbile for re-arranging most of GALCOM Fleet Commnand, somehow I doubt they'll be able to stop me.

I will look forward to seeing you at Polaris, Chavik and Akira.

</RP>

Holy **** Batman! Ths is the first time I've actually felt remotely guilty for NOT arguing with someone. This is going to get us into SERIOUS trouble with our superiors. Hmmm...then again...we ARE superiors...*grin*.

It makes good fiction material as well.

Akira - you owe me a timeline!

See you all later,

DeSylva.

<RP ON>

If anyone thinks this party at Polaris is a really bad idea, ring in. I'm sure that there are UFN and INSURGENT commanders that think it is time to teach both our leadership a lesson by crashing this party.

I will not act alone, since that would give the UFN an arguement in which to further strangle the freedoms of the people on earth.

But if a UFN commander would voice his objections over this "meeting" at Polaris, a temporary alliance could be formed to deal with this crisis - a crisis which undermines both of our ideals.

Cmdr. FireSword

ICV Aletheia

<RP OFF>

I do not have a problem with the command staff. I just thought it might be cool if some of us played spoiler. :-)

Guest Ron Wallin

[rp]

Firesword, your reservations are understandable. However, your call to arms is NOT!!! Cmdr. Chavik is working towards goals that you do not understand or have even been informed of.

However, the moment I saw that he was going into a potentially dangerous situation, I stepped up and VOLUNTEERED my BC and crew to watch his six while he followed his convictions. Whether I agree with his actions or motives, he is still a brother Insurgent that I'd gladly support and defend to the end.

Where do your loyalties lie, Firesword? Without knowing any of the details, you automatically jump in shooting at one of your own! It sounds like someone needs to be put through training again because we are only as strong as our weakest link. As long as you publicly voice your desire to attack one of your own, you are that weak link.

Consider yourself on report, mister. Myself and others will be watching your actions closely. Don't bother checking your six, you'll never know we're there. So shape up or ship out. Your choice!!!

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

Spectre, Command Staff

<RP>

Well, FireSword, that tells me just about ALL I need to know about you.

Once more, the Insurgents' true colours come out. I concede enough to allow a meeting between myself and Insurgent personnel - known criminals - and lo and behold I hear people like you - the raiders and criminals I speak of - putting this meeting down.

Listen to the hypocrisy in your words, Insurgent fool! "Form an alliance", with the express purpose to "crash this party" and incite further violence? Why, then, we see the truth! Terrans are surely doomed to self destruction. Our best diplomats fail to broker some kind of alliance to ensure peace, but an alliance to further the bloodshed between Terrans - that receives the support of Terrans everywhere!

You should be ashamed of yourself, FireSword. I hope you are as ashamed of yourself, as I am of our race.

I will see you at Polaris. Violence will be met in kind.

I had such high hopes...

</RP>

Sorry, it had to be said *grin*. You left yourself wide open for that one, FireSword, combining an alliance with breaking up our little tea party, but anyway, no hard feelings. I'm sure you'll strike back...*grin*.

I don't want this to be the end of the Polaris, party, though, so maybe FireSword can head an Insurgent criminal strike force - Insurgent Insurgents?