Approaching Apocalypse

Guest Ron Wallin

Now, I know I shouldn't have to remind you all, but I will anyway - PLAY NICE. Just because it's in RP tags, doesn't mean it's alright. I understand your concerns, Akira, Tac, and everyone else, and to a certain extent you are right, but Ristar has exactly the same agenda as you do, my friends - bringing this RP to the succesful conclusion it deserves. And I'm being impartial, not sticking up for my fleet buddy, 'cause if you all remember correctly, I also over-ruled Rista when Akira was on the boil earlier in this convoluted war...*grin*.

Ristar, take what Akira said with a grain of salt, I'm sure he didn't mean to be as harsh as he sounded. Nor did Tac. I'm a little lost with what's going on as well (and i'm supposed to be in CHARGE of this whole affair) so I know how you feel. Hell, Rattler and I are having a family reunion in the middle of this battle, so don't feel too bad about a strategy meeting!

At the same time, Akira and Tac (and Chavik, just read that post as well) have a point. So let's all just take a deep breath in, and let all of those bad, hurt, and offended feelings fade away (a few words from the main protagonists will help this process immensely, trust me) and we can get on with this, because it's sure as hell FUN!

I propse a compromise. Someone has come up with a good idea - a video link-up. Let's run with it. Ristar, you're in charge. The fleets are all engaged, so we'll sacrifice the security of a face-to-face meeting with the speed of a holographic link-up. The latets incarnation of BC3K has holo-decks, I'm sure - use them. Talk to the people you need to talk to IRL and then post here with the results of the briefing. We'll all reply, and then we can move on. You have important information, and we all need it. There is also one problem with the meeting site - where is Callisto? I haven't fired upo the game for a while, and if it's in Neptune, then the Gammulan fleet are already there, so you won't be able to GET to the moon. If it's not in Callisto, then disregard this quibble, *grin*.

Now - PLAY NICE PLAY NICE PLAY NICE. This is supposed to be FUN. I remember how hurt I felt when I thought Moritz was ripping off my web page. Don't put yourself through it (it felt so much better when we made up...*grin*).

Rattler - we should get together and plot our first conversation on my ship...*grin*.

Chavik - in response to your question (or someones, anyway) Prime are all in Jupiter fighting off the massive Gammulan diversionary tactic. The Gams knew they'd have to send somethin pretty big to divert all of the GALCOM fleet. Almost every Gam ship and almost every GCV and ICV is urrently in Jupiter...

[This message has been edited by DeSylva (edited 12-18-98).]

[This message has been edited by DeSylva (edited 12-18-98).]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well maybe I will get it right this time Tac, it least I didnÔÇÖt ID them as BCs 

This is a quick one, just a note before work you see

<rp>

The three ICs (IC1, IC2, and IC4) from the Graf Spee caught the LV-110 Starbase defenders in the middle of a shift change. They launched a double salvo of ATS Hyperdynes knocking out several fixed SAM and SAL positions. The three ICs (IC5, IC7, and IC8) from the Prinze Eugen followed right behind them and launch a their double salvo of ATS Hyperdynes at the APM silos that were tracking the just deployed ATVs from the Shuttles. Both IC wings broke off their engagement, one wing peeled off to the left, the other peeled off to the right. Their next target was the small airfield located on the Northeast side of LV-110. From the cockpit of IC1, the co-pilot could see crews running for the GUNBOATS parked along the runway. The Graf SpeeÔÇÖs IC wing opened up on these sitting ducks with the remaining ATS Hyperdynes and laser fire, destroying six and damaging seven of the 20 GUNBOATS. Prinze EugenÔÇÖs IC wing followed them, releasing their remaining ATS Hyperdynes on the five undamaged GUNBOATS and strafing the seven damaged GUNBOATS with laser fire.

Meanwhile the ATVs were closing in on their targets. ATV4-GS launched an APM missile barrage on the pillboxes guarding the StarbaseÔÇÖs shield generator. The pillboxes managed to get a couple of bursts off before being destroyed by the missile barrage, knocking the starboard tread off of ATV4-GS. Gam bodies and equipment flew everywhere when the pillbox ammo lockers were hit by a lucky shot. GS Marines deployed from ATV4-GS, leap frogging to their destination. ATV4-GS provided covering fire with its laser, keeping the remaining Gam defenders pinned down. Two of the three marines made it to the shield generator's power station, attached their shape charges, set the timers, and sought cover. Ten seconds later, the power station filled the sky with debris and body parts of the Gam technicians working inside. The remaining Marines activated their transporter beacons.

TACOPS: Commander, the station shields are down. ATV4-GS is damaged and cannot reach their extraction point.

GALLION: Transporter Room, beam out the Marines NOW!

ATV4-PE did not fair as well as ATV-GS. Two Gam MECH TYPE II locked their RADIX missile launchers and fired their entire load. Before ATV-PE could make any evasive maneuvers it was hit by four missiles, knocking both treads off their tracks and jammed the laser turret. The marines realized that the ATV was doomed and began to evacuate. As the rear hatch opened and hit the ground, a lucky APM missile went through the opening detonating inside, killing the entire Prinze Eugen marine team. The remaining Gam missile hit the ATV with impunity. Time seemed to cease for a moment as the Gam defenders watched the stricken ATV lurch from side to side as their missiles hit. Suddenly, without warning ATV4-PE exploded into a massive fireball. Debris was thrown everywhere. One Gam trooper was taking out by a falling track wheel.

COMMS: Prinze Eugen reports that their ATV4 was destroyed, all hands lossed Commander.

GALLION: Corsair Wing DECLOAK now. CS-B1-5 launch one OTS salvo at the Starbase. All Craft RTB.

Gallion looked at his TACOPS display for the umpteenth time in the last four minutes. As Corsair Wing decloaked, Gallion noticed something strange. The cruiser of wraith Cruiser Squadron B were not the Solnar Class that were reported. One by one, Gallion saw ten Starcruisers decloak. Well, well, well, Gallion thought, two Galatan BattleCruisers and ten Starcruiser Class Heavycruisers appeared on his display.

FO: All craft have returned Commander.

GALLION: TACNET channel opened. Launch OTS weapons CSB1-5, time to impact?

TACOPS: three minutes Sir!

Hope the ICs took out enough SALs, if not Maybe one OTS will get through and with Nukes, one will do it. Gallion smiled a real smile for the first time in hours.

TACOPS: One minute to impact, Gam shuttle launch detected.

COMMS: Gam transmission detected, wide-beam, could not intercept!

GALLION: Track the shuttle, let it go.

At least they defended this base, Gallion thought.

<rp/>

CMDR Gallion

GVC Graf Spee, Wraith Fleet, Corsair Wing Leader

You cannot defeat us! You can only hope to contain us if you fight us!"

LOL!! My "anger" or "annoyance" is in character, not real life De Sylva *G*.

Sssooo..I'm on Callisto... and there will be no meeting...argh! Maybe I should take a little deviation and peek into the Neptune battle.

<RP>

Tac wandered throught the desolate outpost in Neptune. His footsteps echoed as he made his way towards the conference room.A couple of turns later, he entered the room, finding only an aide waiting for him.

"Am I the first one to get here ensign?"

"N no sir, Cmdr. De Sylva called off the meeting, he said it would be carried out by holovid."

"He WHAT?"

"He called off.."

Tac stormed out the room "Transporter beam me to the ship now. Shuttle 1 RTB ASAP" he screamed into his link.

The whine of the transporter cut off the echoes as Tac desintegrated in the hall.

In the transporter room, technicians stood to attention as their Commander stepped out of the transpad.

"Bridge: contact De Sylva, ask him what the heck is going on...and tell him we are going to take a a detour through Neptune to see whats going on there.I'm on my way to the bridge"

"Aye aye" came the response.

In the bridge, Mia Kurazawa, Tactical Officer and First Officer of the GCV Usagi had been sitting in the Commander's chair since Tac had beamed down. She had liked the feeling..and now, as her last and first orders as a commanding officer in Galcom, she turned to the helmsman.

"Helm, set course for Neptune, half speed.Comms: Shuttle 1, speed up or you will be left behind.Engineering: Did we get those supplies?"

"Engineering:Bridge: Supplies are on board.Weapons were loaded into Shuttle 1"

"Shuttle 1 has docked Ma'm" said a Tactical Officer replacing Mia in her station.

"Helm: Full burn"

"Full burn, Aye"

Wraith Battlecruiser Usagi sped towards the Neptune jump gate.

[This message has been edited by Tac (edited 12-18-98).]

Ristar: I really don't have a plan for all of this, I'm just along for the ride smile.gif

<RP ON>

"So, DeSylva called off the meeting, arg," said Tringad, "well, I see no reason for me to go back to the Black Falcon just so I can talk to you via HoloVid, I'll come with you back to the Shogun and have a little talk about the tactical support side of things"

"Good idea," replied Ristar.

"Before I can come up with a plan, I need to know the status of the Gammulan vessels and if more reinforcements are on the way. As well as what TDV vessels are avalable to support the front line," said Tringad, "Maybe Cmdr. Gallion on the Graf Spee can give us a hand with intel, he's already in the Gammulan quadrant"

"Once we're back on the Shogun we can send him a encoded message" offered Ristar

"Yes, I think that's the best way to go" agreed Tringad

<RP OFF>

Ristar: I hope you don't mind me using you in my posts smile.gif

Later all

------------------

William Ramsay, Jr., AKA:

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS05

Tactical Support Coordinator, ISS Fleet

I am not going to be able to post much of anything tonight, I appologize if my demeanor was harsh, it's been a long last couple of days, what with finishing the move, new job, and son, etc. I really enjoy this as a departure from my hectic schedule. I am visiting my parents for Christmas, as I won't get to see them much because of my move, and my Dad has cancer so I want to visit with him. I will post the meeting in the morning, so the individual missions you want to introduce can procede and you can brief everyone tomorrow when I begin the transmission via video link, and then you all can post your replys on the commlink from your ships via a video uplink.

I will post tomorrow, and I hope you all have a good night. Alun, I don't mind you using me in your posts at all.

Take care,

Cmdr Ristar

I am not going to be able to post much of anything tonight, I appologize if my demeanor was harsh, it's been a long last couple of days, what with finishing the move, new job, and son, etc. I really enjoy this as a departure from my hectic schedule. I am visiting my parents for Christmas, as I won't get to see them much because of my move, and my Dad has cancer so I want to visit with him. I will post the meeting in the morning, so the individual missions you want to introduce can procede and you can brief everyone tomorrow when I begin the transmission via video link, and then you all can post your replys on the commlink from your ships via a video uplink.

I will post tomorrow, and I hope you all have a good night. Alun, I don't mind you using me in your posts at all.

Take care,

Cmdr Ristar

I won't be posting anything tonight due to my being with my dad who has cancer. I'm sorry if I seemed harsh with anyone lately, it's been hard on me with the new job and son,etc. I will post tomorrow the briefing to everyone via video link. Everyone can continue their missions and once they read my briefing they can respond via the video link and introduce any new plot twist that way.

Alun, I don't mind you using me in your posts

Talk to everyone tomorrow.

Cmdr Ristar

Guest Ron Wallin

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED!!!!

ALL NEW POSTS CONCERNING THE RECENT GAMMULAN THREAT SHOULD BE PLACED IN THE THREAD TITLED "APOCOLYPSE BEGINS".

NO NEW POSTS TO THIS THREAD WILL BE RECOGNIZED AS PART OF THE ROLE PLAY PROCEEDINGS. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED...

------------------

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

Spectre, Command Staff

Raven