Apocolypse Begins

Boy, Have to work a little on the weekend and come back just in time smile.gif

<RP>

As Rattler performed a perfect Victory Roll across the Bow of First Light, IC1's engines whined, spooled up, and Initiated Hyper Jump. Rattler chuckled quietly to himself, thinking that Gareth had just spilled his coffee on that last one. He replayed the last 30 minutes of events through his mind, mulling over what had been said, and by whom. DeSylva would never know that Rattler HIMSELF had found the information on the secret Neptune Base, and had secretly transmitted his findings AND Recommendations to Akira. Rattler just hadn't known that Akira would NUKE the entire planet just to ensure that the base was destroyed. Mistake on Rattler for underestimating Akira's thoroughness. DeSylva and Rattler could never be "Poncho & Lefty" again, as in the past, but old wounds had been patched and were on the mend again. For this, Rattler was extremely thankfull. Now, Rattler had business to take care of, and it couldn't wait. He had taken a blood oath, swearing by all that he believed in, and to his "Old Friend" that he would find and punish whomever had been responsible for this invasion of Sol. He knew whom it was, for he had isolated all of those capable of such treachery, save one. All others capable were out here FIGHTING, and some Dying to repell this invasion. But Not ONE! He couldn't be accounted for after Spectre had left Sol to regroup at Sygan. He had not shared in the agony of seeing this destruction. Now, where was he?

Rattler: To all Spectre....Insurgent One is alive and well. I am transferring my flag to "The Guardian." Guardian, Permission to come aboard, Sir!" Spectre, Regroup on Guardian!!

Pheonix, Well done, Sir. I Relieve you, Sir.

Guardian, lay in a course for Pluto, be ready to jump as soon as I am aboard. We have some hunting to do. Commander Akira is missing and must be found. At All Costs, You have advanced scout positon. Leave no space undesturbed. Find him!!!

Just before Rattler docked with Guardian he sent a message in broadband, repeated and amplified off of Guardians antennas, parallaxed off of at least 15 other Battlecruisers' antennas and transmitters. Such a transmission would go on forever, and would eventually reach every receiver operational in the known universe. To those who knew Rattler Personally, it's meaning was unmistakeable. To those who knew him, it meant that the recipient had no place to hide, and justice was unmistakeable. His punishment was undoubted.

Rattler:.......VORNE, I know it was You! Consider yourself no longer an Insurgent. I'm coming for you!!! You're a DEAD MAN, and oh, By The Way, DeSylva sends his Disdain!!!!

<RP/>

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Phoenix lept into battle once more. System's were almost at 100% and steadily climbing. These Gammulans appeared just too darn aggressive to use any tactics. None that he could see. Unless you counted two against one. The Maelstrom continued to be effective as did the Fakeout. Chavik could not believe that one worked so well. Targeting a large ship and burning past her on the way out of hyperspace caused the Gammulans targeting computers to malfunction. They slammed into the target ship more often than not. Causing damage to both and creating easy pickings. Almost easy. They were damn good flyers on evasive maneuvers. He had a difficult time holding one in his sights for a missile lock. And occasionally several fighters would slam into the Phoenix. He almost enjoyed watching their shields fall to nothing then picking them off with PTA. Three enemy fighters destroyed.

In the midst of battle he heard Akira's request for intel. He was sorry he had none to give. He had known this was Rattler's and Akira's project from the start but knew no more. Chavik heard more reports. Intercepted transmissions that had not been encoded in the heat of battle. And one from the Lightspeed. She had burned through the system like a scalded dog and made a run for Sygan. He hoped it was corerct. And then again he hoped not. The repurcussions of his actions would be devastating. Four more enemy fighters gone.

Rattler's message brought a sigh of relief. Fleet control had both been easier and harder than he had ever thought. The respect given by the commanders under him had been admirable and steadfast but throwing those same commanders into battle had been the hardest thing he had ever done. They had done well. Only one ship lost. Only one in Jupiter Chavik thought, remembering Akira's group. Multiple attack, shields dropping, target a ship and jump.

Throughout the battle Chavik thought of things. Things thought and things wished. Things thought to have happened and things that actually had. Things that were and things that never could be. Just things.

"Miss Siamet, Transmit to DeSylva. I owe you a drink."

Chavik was glad to have Rattler back and waited on the order to fly home. No; not home. Never home. Home was a memory lost in the blackness of space. Paradise lost. Paradise could not be found again. Yet some hope remained. It would take time.

<RP> OFF

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

<rp>

COMMS: Incomming wide-beam transmission Commander!

GALLION: LetÔÇÖs hear it Lt

ÔÇ£Rattler:.......VORNE, I know it was You! Consider yourself no longer an Insurgent. I'm coming for you!!! You're a DEAD MAN, and oh, By The Way, DeSylva sends his Disdain!!!!ÔÇØ

Rattler and Vorne, who the heck are these people? Gallion wondered about this wide-beam transmission. A dumb thing to do unless someone was trying to make a point. ÔÇ£Not my problem,ÔÇØ Gallion mubbled to noe in particular. Tine to kick some Gams back to the hell-spawn they came from.

Corsair Wing journey to Gamma 1 from Tryrinis went without incident. As in Regis VI, the Gamma Star Station launched half of its ship complement to meet the threat that Corsair posed to it. 1 Stormcarrier, 1 Warmonger, and 15 assorted fighters. The probe launch went without incident. As one probe was launched and activated, one ÔÇ£shipÔÇØ activated their CLOAKING device. Effectively creating an illusion on the Gam scanners. The Graf Spee and CSB1-5 were the first ships to cloak, they jumped to the planet Gamma-1, and obtained an orbital posistion. Each of the six ships targeted a major population center on the planets surface.

GALLION: TACNET channel open, tight-beam to Corsair 1; DECLOAK and launch OTS weapon on my Mark, Gallion OUT!

Meanwhile, the rest of Corsair Wing had CLOAKED. Corsair 2 composed of the Galatan Battlecruiser Prinze Eugen and 5 Starcruiser heavycruisers. Corsair 2 jumped to Gamma Star Station just before the Gam defenders arrival at the Tyrinis jump point. The 13 probes began their dance steps, moving away from the Gam mini fleet erraticaly. The probes next programed stop was the debris field. Corsair 2 exited hyper-space 50km from Gamma Star Station. As one, each ship engaged their afterburners and sped towards Gamma.

Gallion waited, pacing the bridge franticaly. This is too easy, he thought. The Gam homeworld defended by a Star Staion and its ship complement. Something is not right herre. Gallion began to review Corsair WingÔÇÖs journey in Gam-land. Token to no resistance in each system that they engaged the Gams.

FO: Hyper-drive engines charged up Sir.

GALLION: TACNET channel open, tight-beam to Corsair 2 Delay attack on Gamma Star Station until Corsair 1 arrive, Corsair 1 ÔÇô Launch OTS weapons, three...two...MARK, Engae CLOAKING devices and jump to Gamma Star Staion. Gallion OUT!

From the depths of space, six ships materialize in Gamma 1ÔÇÖs orbit. Six OTS weapons are launched towards the planets surface, targeting civilian population centers. The Gam fleet chasing the probes realize that they ar on a goose chase and target Corsair1. <Battlecruiser Identified> rang over the shipÔÇÖs intercom as the Graf Spee and 5 cruisers engage their afterburners, heading towards Gamma Star Staion.

GALLION: TACNET channel open, tight-beam to Corsair 2; deactivate Probes, send back to Typinis jump point, Gallion OUT! FO, you get that?

FO: Aye Sir

Now the fireworks would fly, Gamma Star Station launched their remaining ships. Gallion was beginning to have second thoughts about his little plan. Could he pull it off?

COMMS: Incomming message from Wraith HQ Commander!

GALLION: Route to my console!

Gallion read the message from Wraith HQ and smiled.

GALLION: TACNET Channel open Corsair 1 and Corsair 2; Diengage target, make for Tyrinis jump point, plot a course to Wraith HQ, Gallion OUT.

Gallion chuckled to himself. Why would Wraith HQ recall Corsair Wing. We were about to give the Gams a coup-de-gras. Will find out later I guess when Commander tac chews me a new one.

<rp/>

I will not be able to post for a week, Commander Tac has OPCON of Corsair Wing. Hopefully he will not wipe ÔÇ£meÔÇØ out. Happy Holidays to all. biggrin.gif

CMDR Gallion

GVC Graf Spee, Wraith Fleet, Corsair Wing Leader

You cannot defeat us! You can only hope to contain us if you fight us!"

Guest Antti Junkkari

[rp on]

Shit. What the hell is happening. I mean.. I'm just out. We just are here, no-one has told us a damn thing. Shit.

Junkkari: Send a message to GCV-First Light. Hmm. Put it like this: What is happening? What shall we do? As the Leader of Orion Fleet I could have a use for information from you "High-level" Commanders. I still have large amount of warships in my command.

E'nuf said.

[rp off]

Heh wink.gif

Commander Junkkari, GCV-Karhu

Leader of Orion Fleet

Hey Gallion, it seems we both will be out of commision for some time. My ISP is about to upgrade their network, so maybe after X-mas they will shut down their service for a week or so.. So if that happens I wont be able to post. If this is so, then Gallion or Hellstar will be in command.

<RP>

"Commander, TacOps link with the Hound Wing shows incoming Gammulan vessels from Polaris!"

"They got through the mines then... Helm: Jupiter! Maximum burn!"

"Jupiter, aye!" replied the helm.

"Comms: open channel in the ship"

"Comm open"

"Attention all hands, the Gammulan Fleet we left in Polaris has finally broken through our minefields and they are pouring into Jupiter.R&R is over, all pilots to their fighters, all hands to battle stations."

"Incoming message from ISS. We are being recalled to defend Jupiter"

"Aye, tell De Sylva we are on our way".

To Jupiter once again -Tac thought-.. he was getting tired of seeing that pastel colored ball.

"Sir! Reports coming in from Galcom... I KNEW those backstabbers were going to betray us, those sons of.."

"Lietenant REPORT" Tac cut in.

Mia Kurazawa took a deep breath and looked at her Commander in the eyes "The Insurgents nuked a Terran outpost in Neptune sir.No survivors."

It made no sense... what the hell was going on in Neptune? Why would the Insurgents risk the TDF truce when all their ships were practically surrounded by Galcom's finest? Slowly, Tac turned from Mia's cold stare to his comm officer.

"Comms, contact De Sylva, contact Ristar, anyone in high places, I want to know WHAT is going on in Neptune.Attach footnote: Keeping your comrades in the dark is the first step towards misinformation, misinformation leads to defeat, defeat leads to dissension. Send it"

"Transmission sent commander".

Damn all this secret keeping. If you can't trust your own...

"Message incoming from Corsair Wing" the comms officer cut Tac's train of thought.

"What does Gallion have to say?"

"He has sent sensor logs and a request to confirm your orders of re-assignment under Ristar's command".

"Reply: Gallion, things have turned around. The TDF has crumbled, the Insurgents have used OTS weaponry against a Terran outpost in Neptune. You are free to continue your original orders. Harrass and create havoc in Gam space. Good Luck Corsairs"

"Message sent... Whoa! Incoming message from Corsair again.. FYO"

"On my console"

"Routing.. done"

Tac activated his console and listened to the shocking news of the "sabotaged" IFF codes.Strange that no other Terran vessel had had the same problem.

"Comms: message to Gallion, direct tightbeam, do not route through HQ: Remove TDF beacons.I will look into this personally.No other Terran TDF vessels have had this problem, so your theory of Wrath HQ may be correct.My congratulations to your tech personnel."

"Commander" Mia cut in, "Corsair sensor logs show that they are planning to nuke Gammula Prime!"

"What? That Gallion sure has guts. Comms: resume message: I don't know how you plan to pull off that nuke strike on Gammula Prime, but you are authorized to nuke MILITARY TARGETS only. I suggest you take out a few and withdraw and keep on nuking their outlying colonies."Be everywhere". Good Hunting, Tac out"

"Sir, Direct Tightbeam requires a lot of power."

"Engineering: redirect power from transporters, weapons and anything else short of life support to the comms system"

"Will do sir" replied the chief engineer.

"Transmitting... message sent"

"Comms: Have our reinforcements from Wrath HQ to return inmediately! They are to remain on battle alert 'till I say otherwise."

"Message.."

Nausea washed over Tac as the Usagi jumped into Jupiter, cutting the comm's officer words into gibberish

"shee.. ss ent"

A quick glance into the TacOps display showed the familiar red blips of Gammulan vessels coming into Jupiter.. another quick glance into the bridgeviewer revealed the familiar flares of laser fire and missile trails.

"Comms: contact the Tsuing, I want to know what happened to that ship he boarded!, HellHound Wing: Form on me, Box-V formation.All ships are missile free, IOD and PTA fire will be locked onto my target"

"Wing complying, they are coming towards us".

"Comms: Message to De Sylva: I still see some TDF vessels out there (raiders).I am deeply inclined to trash this TDF fiasco after the attack on Neptune. Any comments on this? For the time being any Wraith vessel in Jupiter will keep its TDF beacons, at least the raiders have kept their word until now.I am attaching a serious report FYO in code. Review it"

"Comms: attach the Graf Spee's report on the TDF beacons in code to the message. Transmit when ready"

"Encoding... transmitting now sir".

"Tactical: Move Delta Wing into Polaris-Sirius-Lanix V, search and destroy mode.Establish a foothold in those systems for a future blockade, mine the Sirius-Polaris-LanixV wormholes, allow civilian and Raider TDF to pass through."

"Orders sent Commander, Delta Wing has not replied for a long time sir, I dont know if they are receving this"

Could they have been infected with the same virus as the Graf Spee? -Tac wondered-. Better not take any chances.

"Comms: Have 4 heavy cruisers and 10 fighters,2 transports and 8 shuttles from the reinforcement to search the last known location of Delta Wing.Tell them to prepare for a possible systems-wide failure of 10 Galactans... tightbeam and encode, bypass Wrath HQ"

"Ships complying."

There was nothing else to be done, except to destroy this coming Gam fleet.

"Wing in formation" announce Tactical

"Target nearest Gammulan vessel and move in"

"Aye sir, HellHounds moving in"

"Grrrr" growled the Combat Officer at the blips in his screen "see us coming"

The mood in the brigde lightened... and the battle was joined.Again.

</rp>

Ok that was long!

Gallion: You got my e-mail?

Hellstar: I know youre sick, but that should mean more internet time! :-) Contact De Sylva and POST.

De Sylva, Ristar: Neptune info please? My character is a fanatic follower of trust...that's why he is so pissed off at you 2 :-).I guess Antti shares this principle.

De Sylva: Contact Hellstar about the boarding. I will have Corsair Wing nuke the outlying colonies..I dont think Derek would like Gammula Prime in full Nuclear Winter when he releases BC3K v2 *G*. I plan to have Delta Wing afflicted by the virus, but please let me handle this virus thing (it fits into my Wraith campaign... Gallion just gave me a great opportunity here!! Thnx man!).

One quick note: Cmdr. Ristar is having problems posting, and I don't know when he'll be able to post next.

<rp on>

"Sir, another Gam fleet has broken through to Jupiter" said the Shogun's Comms officer.

"Let's skip the tactical support plan, there's no time, I have to get back to Jupiter and regroup with DeSylva and Bader" said Tringad as he started towards the shuttle bay.

"Good having you aboard, Alun," said Ristar, "good luck and Godspeed".

-------------------------

Shuttle BF(Black Falcon)-1 docked with the Black Falcon. Tringad stept on to the deck.

"Sir, we're ready to jump back to Jupiter" said Borin.

"Good, do it" replied Tringad.

-------------------------

The Black Falcon emerged from hyperspace as she came up on Jupiter. The fighting was intence, but Tringad could tell that TDF forces were fighting tired, they needed rest, badly. There were only about 50 Gam warships this time, good news to the TDF. Tringad couldn't see as many TDF vessels as he could see when he left. "No way that many TDF vessels were destroyed that fast," thought Tringad, "maybe there are two fronts now, I sure as hell hope not, we're spread thin as it is".

"Launch all ICs, orders are to strike Gam command ship on my mark" ordered Tringad.

"Yes, sir" replied Borin.

"Arm Vagrant missiles"

"Done"

"Set PTA to auto, 40%"

"Done"

"Set IOD to 50%"

"Done"

"Alright, let's kick some a**"

"Yes, sir, proceeding to kick a**" replied Borin, it was an ongoing joke the two had.

"Send message, wide-beam:

'ST

The Black Falcon is going to take the party to their leader, anyone care to join me?

ET'

Send message, Comms" ordered Tringad.

"Message sent, sir" replied Comms.

"Good, now let's see if anyone wants to join our Conga-line"

<RP OFF>

Later all

------------------

William Ramsay, Jr., AKA:

Commander Alun Tringad

TDV Black Falcon ISS05

Tactical Support Coordinator, ISS Fleet

PS: Chavik, just to carry on the tradition, this is post number 30, so: "This is too slow! NEW THREAD!!! NEW THREAD!!!" biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by William Ramsay (edited 12-21-98).]

<RP>

The acrid stench of burning electronic equipment permeated the bridge of the GCV Minos Corva. Illuminated in red light, damage control teams and officers scurried to and from their stations on the bridge while the officers barked orders to one another. This had gone on (more or less) for the last twenty minutes while a massive battle raged on outside. Acting as the command ship for his small battalion, Commander Bader valiantly fought the first wave of enemy ships jumping into Jupiter; enemy ships that were chipping away at his fleet until only he and the Minos Corva's sisterships, the Minos Feres and the Leviathan were left (of a total of seven ships and a dozen fighters).

He knew that at least half of his crew were dead, after a squad of Gammulan shocktroopers beamed aboard, presumably with the mission of killing everyone in their way, whether they had a weapon or not. There was no time to mourn, though.

There was a brief applause when the GCV Dionysus, command ship of the 26th SMB (Prime), yelled over the commlink that the tide was turning. The mindset changed when long range probes and outsector reports indicated a second wave was to arrive in the Jupiter system within minutes. Even then, that gap was enough for the engineers to bring the shields to fully operational status. In a stroke of fortune, the ship's shuttles were deploying mining drones when the ship was called to the Jupiter system, and they returned to the ship with a full load of missiles and replacement marines.

Nursing a deep gash on his right temple from smashing headfirst into a console (when a Gammulan fighter collided with his ship during the battle). Blood streamed down the side of his face while he waited for a short reprieve in the battle so that medics could treat him. During the wait between waves, the crew had enough time to contemplate their situation. The commander knew this much: if this rate of brutal attrition continued at the fluidity and chaos vis-a-vis the Gammulans, the crew's ability to adapt and withstand to the pressure would collapse completely. There was too much to keep track of, and while things like the shields, reactor coolant system, and the armor was being tended to, life support and the medibay were not. (It was no wonder that the bridge was filled with smoke and was 40 degrees C)

And then, the second wave emerged.

"Status report, officers!" Commander Bader yelled. Above all else, he needed situational awareness as a top priority, requesting a report every five minutes.

"Well, those missiles are doing just fine for us, Commander." Tactical officer Bancroft said, focusing on his display. He continued, "We are directing damage control teams to repair main life support and the launch bays".

"Excellent." Commander Bader quickly stood up (an old habit when things got tense), pointing at the screen. Gammulan ships were emerging from the flux point and assembing in crude formations before being engaged by Terran forces. Assuming that the formation wasn't a decoy...

"Tactical and Navigation, target that ship and fire Ralix missiles as soon as we close distance to 50 klicks."

"Aye, sir."

For once, his advanced tactical manuvering classes in the academy may have paid off. Assuming they were'nt decoying, the enemy ships were in a wide delta seven, the command ship was likely in the sixth point from the front.

"Mark!" Three Ralixs launched from the ship, on a course to the doomed cruiser. As Bader thought, his suspicions were confirmed. The cover ships broke formation while the escort ships directly around the target remained in close formation with the cruiser.

Nonetheless, the ship could not respond in time, and slammed into the back of the cruiser, sending three concussions across the hull of the Gammulan cruiser before the ship exploded in a small nova, sending a shockwave that temporarily slammed the nearby escorts aside. Just the moment he wanted, pure chaos.

"Sir, this is Comms, we are recieving a communication from Cdr. Tringad from the Black Falcon"

"Put it on audio, lieutenant"

Communications officer Bouissou opened a link. "The Black Falcon is going to take the party to their leader, anyone care to join me?" She waited for a response.

"Very well", said Commander Bader. "I think we've done our duty here. Inform the Commander that we're ready to take the fight to the Gammulans this time".

Bouissou grinned. "Understood, Commander. Sending message now"

</RP>

Comrade in Arms, Friend of the People

Cdr. C.G. Bader, GCV Minos Corva, OMB 7

ISS Tactical Support Arm

<RP>

Damn, thought Desylva, looks like I've nearly dropped the bundle here. It was a tought decision, and one he was not sure he should make. But then, if it kept the GALCOM forces from falling on the Insurgents - because it would surely not be long before the news of the massive Insurgent nuclear strike on Neptune was known - and if it would keep them confident and powerful, then he guessed they had to know.

"Kerra, open a boradband transmission to all GALCOM craft. I repeat, I all GALCOM craft."

The ship shuddered as it was raked by IOD bursts from a nearby cruiser. It would have to be quick, as well...

----------

TO: All TDF Forces

SUBJECT: Circumstances

SOURCE: Gareth DeSylva, GCV First Light

First of all, thank you for your fine efforts in defending Sol in this, her darkesthour. I have been fielding calls from Commanders demanding a status update - so here it is.

The first wave of Gammulan ships in Jupiter was destroyed almost two hours ago. A second wave has broken through the mine fields left by Wraith Fleet on their way back into Jupiter, and is currently engaging the TDF ships again. Tactical indicates that these ships are not new - they are remnants of the original fleet from Polaris. There are no reports of Gammulan ship movement to reinforce them.

The most likely reason for that is, three hours ago, I was delivered intelligence that confirmed to me that the aim of this conflict was not to push through Jupiter to Earth. It was, in fact, Neptune - where a top-secret facility run jointly by EarthCOM and the Empirian governments, was located on the surface. The Gammulans used their main force as a diversionary tactic. I am truly sorry to report that the few forces who were stationed at Pluto were destroyed.

Approximately two hours and ten minutes ago, I received reports of some kind of nuclear activity on Neptune. This nuclear activity was launhced, I am sorry to say, by an Insurgent ship. The EarthCOM facility on Neptune has been completely wiped out, as have most of the forces, Insurgent and Gammulan, in Neptune space. EarthCOM has been crippled, laies and gentlemen, and Warmage lies in ruins.

Your current orders stand as previous - Orion and Wraith fleets are to continue the fight here in Jupiter along with the 25th, 26th, and 27th Space Marine Battalions of Prime Fleet. The remainder of Prime Fleet is to move directly to Neptune, where all Gammulan ships are to be captured if possible, but destroyed if this becomes unfeasible. No ship is to leave the system, we cannot risk them transmitting the plans. The remaining ISS forces are to come with me to Pluto, where there is some mopping up to do. It's time to finish this threat, boys and girls.

ISS intelligence only - I need confirmation as to what happened at Neptune. Every word, every sensor trace, every whiff of Iridium. Find me the plans, find out whether the Gammulans got away with them, and find out who else had them. And once all of Sol is clear, cancel the evacuation orders. It's time to put GALCOM and Sol back into order.

There is little more that I can tell you. All Insurgent craft - after Akira's "decisive" action, I am waiting for the message from Fleet Command that will dissolve the TDF - and probably demote me in the process. I'm sorry. You are free to leave whenever you think is necessary. You have fought well beside us, and I will not risk another Commander trying to avenge the people on Neptune.

Commander Londono - after this, I would have to recommend against using nuclear strikes - the Gammulans already have enough ammunition against us, by being able to say we used nuclear weapons against our own. I don;t want to risk another war with them because we launched nuclear strikes against them as well. I'll leave it to your discretion.

DeSylva out.

</RP>

Hmmm - are we going to get this done before Christmas? Because I'll be offline from the 24th to the 27th! *grin*

Gee, Akira, you've opened a real can of worms. Still, you found a way around the "argument" I gave you the other night, didn't you? *grin*

See you all later!

Yeah, we need to finish this before Christmas.

<RP OFF>

To: Cmdr. Bader

Subject: New orders

We have been ordered to Pluto, we will accompany Cmdr. DeSylva. That is all until I receive more orders. Tringad out.

<RP OFF>

Got to go.

Later all

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS05

Guest Blackwell

I also have limited internet access for the next week. So to wrap up. (De Sylva, modify as necessary)

(rp on)

Decker One

EarthCOM Secret Storage Facility

Diamond Level Security

South Pacific

20 milies beneath the ocean floor

The two figures walked side by side, in darkness. The paces maching each other perfectly against the cold marble floor. Large rows on non dscript containers lay on either side reaching several hundred feet in the air. They stopped infront of column A32-5769-SEC. Retinal, DNA, fingerprint, thermal, vocal and writen signatures verified, they dropped the container in a vacum tube and steped inside.

"Report" a pleasant female voince anounced.

The senior officer responded in monotone.

"Schematics for gamulan mining and manufacturing operation retrieved and stored. Only known source of esential raw material contaminated beyond repair. All research and development facilites and personell destroyed. Project terminated. Record."

"Report recorded"

"Critical Adendum" added the tired veteran.

"Report"

"Gamulans have aquired and perfected genetic manipulation for cross-species infiltration purposes. Empirian scientific community known to be compromised. All other castes level of contamination is unknown. Recomend diversion of primire resources accordingly. Record."

"Critical Adendum Recorded."

The men left the quiet room and started their long trip back to the surface.

(rp OFF)

Quick and dirty but the idea is that EarthCOM got the Gam's version of the plans but can't do anything with them

because the mineral necessary was wiped out by the Nukes on Neptune.

Pontentially far more dangerous is the idea (De Sylva and the gang can sun with this later or not) that the Gam's have developed and succesfully fielded agents with modified DNA that make them apear as other races- A SERIOUS SECURITY PROBLEM. Only the Empirians are confirmed to have been compromised but since EarhCOM has been playing with DNA restructuring for some time (READ BC universe history) they are interested. Did the Gams develop this on their own? Is their a security breach in EarthCOM's scientific community? Who eslse has been compromised?

It's been fun. Looking forward to the next one.

Cmdr. Blackwell

[This message has been edited by Blackwell (edited 12-21-98).]

At All Costs took Rattler's command literally and streaked towards the Pluto jumpgate on the tail of the Prime fleet assigned to check on Neptune while the other Insurgents formed up around the Guardian. Their help was no longer needed and probably not wanted. Rattler waited long enough to give the Prime and ISS members time to get to Neptune. Wraith was already suspiciously congregated around the Syrius wormhole. Almost as one the main body of Spectre sped towards Pluto and their missing comrade.

Chavik knew Akira would not have forgotten the failsafes. But with no one on board the computer might not have the power to knock him out of the system. The only hope lay in finding his ship, boarding her, and taking him physically out of the command chair. The only feasible hope. The other was untried and unproven but it was theorized that an emotion could trigger failsafes also. But it would have to be strong. The system was designed for the heat of battle when emotions ran strong anyway. Extremely strong emotion. If anyone knew how to push Akira's button's it was Rattler. Inputing his thoughts into a datapad he handed it to Miss Siamet with instructions to send immediately.

Chavik watched as most of the ships in his tacsan swept around to the bottom of the screen. He looked up into the HUD and watched the jump gate loom larger. They did not have much time.

<RP> OFF

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

<G> If DeSylva is going to turn this into a novella all he has to do is put in a bunch of "And Then"'s and "meanwhile"'s. We are even leaving a suitably mysterious cliffhanger for the Insurgents. One other point. The manual says that 3 ships were lost in the Gammulan sector and Galcom is preparing for war. How do we know it's the Gammulans? We learned the IFF Signatures from the other races would be good. As gameplayers we know all about the Gammulans but as roleplayers we don't. This could be the very first mass contact with the Gammulans. Anyway just a point. It doesn't have to be that way.

[This message has been edited by Charles Lindsey (edited 12-21-98).]

Guest Ron Wallin

Blackwell, you are partially correct about the situation.

a. The operations on Neptune were a joint GALCOM/Empirian opperation to synthesize the product.

b. The Gammulans were there to steal the process. Although they may have had agents within the rank and file, they did not have a base on Neptune!

c. You may want to change the situation of EARTHCOM having the Gammulan plans but not being able to use them, to having intercepted the Gammulans plans for the mineral that happen to coincide with EARTHCOM's plans to use the mineral in Stealth Weapons manufacturing (that was the original idea slightly refined from Ristar's injection into this RP).

d. EARTHCOM doesn't need the Gammulan plans! It was their idea to use the Synth Iridium as both fuel and cloaking for BC's and Vagrant missles. Earthcom did this behind the scenes without GALCOM knowing as is the usual for EARTHCOM.

e. Not all the mineral was destroyed! Cmdr. Akira got a fair ammount along with Gammulan and EARTHCOM plans for the substance. But he's gone mad and is truly lost in Null Space.

Just correcting some of the historical points for everyone's better enjoyment.

Ron Wallin

(a.k.a., Cmdr. Akira)

<RP>

As Rattler and Spectre crossed the space containing Pluto, one single transmission was emitted from Guardian. Rattler hoped it would be enough, prayed that it would be enough.

Rattler: ....Spectre, Lay in a coarse to "Rattler's Den", via the back door. Space is too constricted the normal route. Deactivate TDF IFF Codes. Cloak immediately upon jumping. Spectre, prepare to Jump on my mark......MARK!!!!

With that, Spectre Jumped again as one, and disappeared like their namesake, A Spectre into the night. Only those in precise positions could hear the transmission that came to Guardian, it's narrow beamed pattern bringing hope to the Insurgency:

Locke: Personal for Insurgent One.... High level RadioActive Particle Trail located. Single source emmiter leading directly into Flux Field, Other Side of Field uncharted. At All Costs proceeding through Flux Field. Will leave marker Beacon on your side for you to follow, and for us to return to. Locke Out....

Ratter, smiling brightly now issued the following order and leaned back in the Command Chair. They WERE Going Home, All Of Them!!!

Rattler: Spectre, Lock onto At All Costs' Marker Beacon. Jump in 5.4.3.2.1. Mark!!

Computer: Hyperjump Annomoly Forming!!!

Rattler issued another Broadband Transmission, Aiming it directly through the Flux Field that Locke had pointed out with his Beacon. It simply said "Hang on CROW, Cavalry's Coming!!"

<RP/>

Well, it's been fun guys and girls, hope you liked it smile.gif

Rattler

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 12-22-98).]

<RP ON>

"Send a message to the First Light,

BT

To: Cmdr. DeSylva, GCV First Light

Subject: Repairs, SITREP

Requesting permission to return to ISSHQ and preform some much needed repairs. As well as some system upgrades.

SITREP:

Shields: 1474 and holding.

Armor: 1076

Hull: 46%

Condition: Yellow

# of ICs operational: 3

# of Shuttles operational: 4

# of ATVs operational: 4

END SITREP

Tringad out.

ET

Send it Comms" ordered Tringad

"Message sent, sir" replied the Comms officer.

"OK, I'll be in my quarters, Borin, you have the Con"

"Yes, sir" replied Borin.

Tringad went to his quarters, for some much needed sleep. "It's over," he thought to himself, "it's finaly over" He fell asleep the second his head hit the pillow.

<RP OFF>

BRAVO!! BRAVO!! ENCORE!! ENCORE!!

This has been awesome guys and gals. Let's do it again some time, shall we? biggrin.gif

DeSylva, as far as I'm concerned, you have novel rights smile.gif I'll be the first one in line to buy a copy smile.gif

It's been a blast, later all

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS05

PS: Check out my newly updated site! http://welcome.to/bc3k

[This message has been edited by William Ramsay (edited 12-22-98).]

Well, we've had a rather fast wrap-up, but considering the detail that went into the main battle, then that's understood. And by way of thanks, I transmit this - my last official entry in the chronicle of the First Gammulan War.

<RP>

The many pin-points of light that littered the backdrop of space blurred gently as DeSylva pulled the shuttle through a tight turn. The remaining velocity of his ejector launch from the GCV First Light was bled rapidly as he completed the turn, to face the starstation GALCOM HQ - a tiny figure in the distance, over 200 kilometres away. Normally, he would have savoured one of his rare chances at space-flight, but this time, he impatiently flicked the lock away from the afterburners and held them on full. The shuttle surged forward.

In the distance, he could see two larger ships - cruisers, most likely, probably Sentry class, by the look of the snubbed noses. Two jump anomalies spun ahead of them, before they disappeared into the glowing fields, propelled to the other side of the system. DeSylva used his targetting systems to monitor their progress. They left hyperspace in front of the Jupiter jump gate. Probably going to clean up the mess, he thought.

As the shuttle continued to surge towards GALCOM HQ, he went over again the preparations he had put in place to try and mop up the devastation the Gammulan attacks had left in their wake. Alun Tringad's temporary promotion to Tactical Support Arm coordinator for the ISS was likely to become permanent, with Daniel Londono happily ensconced in his own fleet. DeSylva had just receieved word from Alun on the condition of the ISS facilities in Saturn, and had authorised repairs and assistance from all ISS ships. The ISS, at least, were going home.

The majority of Prime Fleet he had ordered to remain in Jupiter, where the Orion Fleet HQ was hovering on disintegration itself. The battle in Jupiter had left it badly damaged, with many Orion Fleet ships seriously damaged defending it.

The rest of the fleets he had ordered to Neptune. GALCOM and the UFN were concentrating most of their efforts there. The nuclear storm that had been launched on the planet had had more wide-spread effects than anyone had suspected...and then, of course, there was Rattler's revelation that Vorne himself might actually be responsible for leaking information to the Gammulans.

And now, the inevitable summons to GALCOM HQ.

The distance between the shuttle and the station continued to fall. As the enormous station loomed larger in the sights of the shuttle, DeSylva cut speed and began to deccelerate, preparing to request landing clearance. He could have taken the entire First Light there, but he had felt that this was something he should do alone. He had even refused Lieutenant Commander Norbury's offer of escort to the meeting with his superiors, preferring to leave the Medical Officer in command of the ship.

Confirmation was broadcast quickly, and the shuttle's HUD shifted from flight mode to landing moe, with the complicated landing symbology guiding him towards a flight deck to land his shuttle. He wiped his brow as he navigated towards the station. This was it - time to face the consequences...

---

The office was sparsely furnished. The only decoration was an enormous window, stretching from a few centimetres above the floor, to a few centimetres below the ceiling, along one entire side of the room. It showed the vast panorama of space. There was always a window, DeSylva reflected. Perhaps it reminded people like this what they were fighting for.

Four officers were already present in the room. DeSylva saluted to all four, and stood to rigid attention in front of the middle figure - dressed in the unmistakable red and white uniform of the leader of GALCOM - the Supreme Commander Karl Reines himself. He kept his eyes fixed on the wall directly behind the four.

"At ease," spoke the first figure. DeSylva nodded and relaxed.

"Thank you, sir."

Fleet Commander Willis nodded. "Take a seat, Commander," he continued.

All five sat. Supreme Commander Reines made a hand gesture, and spoke. "I'd like a status report, Commander DeSylva."

DeSylva nodded, steeling his courage, before continuing.

"Thank you, sir. In the aftermath of the Gammulan conflict, we are only beginning to regather our forces. However, we have the following information. Twenty-five GALCOM capital ships were destroyed in the conflict at Jupiter. Approximately 240 ships were damaged in the conflict, with 132 of those being damaged seriously enough to require assiatance back into Earth space. GALCOM ship-yards are operating at peak capacity to try and effect repairs and make our fleets serviceable again. In comparison, over 100 Gammulan capital ships were destroyed in the conflict. We are still awaiting information regarding smaller craft damaged or destroyed. In all, approximately 4500 souls were lost during the 48 hours of conflict."

DeSylva paused for a moment, shocked - the first time he had verbalised the figures. So many lives lost in two days.

"The battle at Centris we have almost no intelligence about, sir. However, EarthCOM's markedly smaller 15th Planetary space force appears to have been decimated. Their headquarters was disabled, but they are effecting repairs as we speak."

The second officer nodded. "Excellent. Now - Neptune?"

DeSylva closed his eyes for a moment. There was no 'right' in war. He had to tell them. "The Insurgent launched nuclear strike destroyed what remained of the base after EarthCOM special forces were finished with it. The Insurgent strike destroyed both the plans for the new 'cloaking' fuel, and the Gammulan forces still present on the planet. In fact, the blast penetrated far enough into space to destroy the few forces who remained in orbit, as well. All Gammulan forces were destroyed, before they could transmit the plans or take them off-planet"

DeSylva's voice turned steely, and emotionless.

"It is with regret, Fleet Commander Stone, that I report that the current casualty count in Neptune is at 240,000. The blast directly affected one colony, destroying it; and the resulting radiation and severe storms and weather disruption have covered one eighth of the planet, destroying three other colonies. I have ordered the evacuation of all Terran colonies on the planet's surface. My scientists predict that, over the next two weeks, the massive turbulence patterns created by the blast will cover the entire planet, rendering it - uninhabitable, for an unspecified amount of time."

DeSylva bowed his head. He still couldn't comprehend what had been done. It would haunt his nightmares for decades.

The fourth officer sneered with disdain - "Insurgent *******s! This time they've crossed the line. They'll be hunted like the animals they are, flushed out, and exterminated. And as for your addle-brained ploy of changing IFF signatures, I am recommending - "

The Supreme Commander's raised hand cut him off. "Fleet Commander Dyne, if you please. Commander DeSylva - please explain your actions in ordering - and forcing through, I may add - the adjustment of the IFF codes."

DeSylva nodded, and looked up, defiant. His stare was locked, not at the Supreme Commander, but at the fiery officer who had spoken first - Fleet Commander Dyne. "Sir, I realised in the initial phases of the conflict that the Gammulans had thrown their entire force at us. They outnumbered us by almost half, by dint of the fact that most of their economy is directed at space production, and that their military forces are not divided between two commands, as the Terran forces are." He was almost smiling - he had rehearsed this. "I realised that, with EarthCOM not acknowledging our requests for assistance, we required reinforcements. GALCOM's fleets could not hold the Gammulans back alone. As a result, I called upon the Insurgents to aid us, as we had intially discovered the Gammulan advance party while rescuing a GALCOM operative from Insurgent forces - who, may I add, cooperated in returning the spy to us." Fleet Commander Dyne shok his head in disgust and continued to sneer. DeSylva did his best to ignore him. "I knew that most Commanders would not be able to discern between Insurgents and Gammulans in the heat of battle, and so ordered the IFF code change to paint Insurgents as friendly."

Finally, he tore his gaze away from Dyne, and focused on Supreme Commander Reines. "I make no apologies for my actions, for I believe that without the assistance of Insurgent forces at Jupiter, the Gammulans would have broken us, sir."

The Supreme Commander nodded.

"Very well, Commander. You have behaved in an exemplary fashion - your actions, desperate though they were, may just have saved our GALCOM alliance and our people." At the snort of disgust that emanated from Dyne, the Supreme Commander turned in his chair slightly. "Dyne - you would do well to remember that while you were wasting time with your petty Insurgent hunting, this man was doing his best to try and save your sorry little ass! Who the hell CARES if they were Insurgents, if we're alive?"

Dyne straightened rapidly, and saluted. "Yes, sir! Sorry sir!". Reines returned to his original position, and Fleet Commander Willis covered a small smile. Reines continued. "Your recommendations, then, Commander DeSylva?"

DeSylva nodded.

"Sir, I would like to make the following recommendations. As you say, these were desperate times, and for their actions in turning the tide of battle in such trying conditions, and against such odds, and in keeping Sol's shores safe, I would like to recommend the following personnel for promotions."

"The operative that began all of this, Commander Alun Tringad, has worked tirelessly behind enemy lines for several months without being discovered, as well as playing an important part in directing ISS forces during this recent battle. I would like to recommend his promotion to Fleet Commander, and bestowment of the Award for Gallantry."

"As well as this, Commander Jeehun Ristar, also from my fleet, played an essential role in coordinating intelligence from the battlefield, and exposing the real target of the Gammualn attack - Neptune. I recommend his promotion to Strategic Commander, and the award of the Commander's Shield."

"Commander Gallion of the Wraith Fleet, was trapped behind enemy lines after Wraith Fleet's bloackade of the Polaris system. Their actions held back the Gammulan forces long enough for us to try and assemble some kind of defence in Jupiter. As a result, should he return, I am recommending his promotion to Fleet Commander, and the award of the Eye of Andromeda for his continued harrassment of enemy forces."

"The leader of Wraith Fleet, Commander Daniel Londono, has been instrumental in assisting me in coordinating our forces." DeSylva looked Supreme Commander Reinies directly in the eyes at this point. "Although I realise you don't see eye to eye, his actions have saved many lives, and the actions of his fleet in Polaris saved many more. He is a hero, whether he - or you - like it or not. Begging your pardon, sir, I am recommending him for the rank of Strategic Commander, and the award of the Eye of Andromeda."

"The leader of Orion Fleet, Antti Junkkari, lost his ship in the battle of Jupiter. He was the first into the fray, and he kept the GALCOM forces from breaking by his courage and exemplary actions during the battle. Without him, Jupiter would have fallen, and I do not jest. He is currently refitting a new Battlecruiser at Orion HQ. I am recommending him for promotion to Strategic Commander, and the award of the Star of Merit."

"Commander C. G. Bader, in his command of the 7th and 8th Orbital Marine Battalions, also played an important role, in particular during the Jupiter battle where his battalion was badly damaged covering ships that were mining the jump-gates. I am recommending him for promotion to Fleet Commander - as much for his command of the 7th and 8th OMBs then anything else. He is long overdue for it."

"Commander Hellstar managed to capture a Gammulan capital ship. It's crew will provide valuable intelligence. I am recommending him for promotion to Fleet Commander."

"Finally, I am recommending Commander Kinzel for promotion to Fleet Commander for his work with the Wraith Fleet."

DeSylva's eyes fell as he reached the end of his long list of citations. "For the poor unfortunate souls who faced defeat and eath at Pluto, there is nothing left for us to do but to grieve. They made themselves immortal in their final defense of Sol, and I am recommending that every single soul that was lost in Pluto during that last desperate gambit be awarded the Order of the Universe. They should not be forgotten." Desylva's voice was fierce.

The Supreme Commander touched a few buttons on his desk, most likely filing away the recommendations for further reference, and nodded. DeSylva continued.

"While I realise we have no jurisdiction, I have contacted Commander T. C. McQueen and I am recommending Commander Karl Wolfe for promotion to whatever their equivalent rank is to Strategic Commander. I am also reocmmending that whoever coordinated their covert strike on Neptune be promoted and given a medal for sheer audacity and improvisation."

The Supreme Commander almost laughed at this. "Very well. Was there anything else, Commander?"

DeSylva took a deep breath. This part, he had not rehearsed. He had not had the courage. But he owed it - to his friends, and to comrades forged on the field of war.

"Yes - as a matter of fact there is."

"My hatred for the Insurgent movement is well known. My attitudes towards them, and my opinion of them as a haven for louts, smugglers, and criminals is likewise well known." He saw Fleet commander Dyne's eyes lighting up at this, and smiled to himself. If only you knew what was coming next, he thought. He continued.

"However, their actions as part of our Terran Defence Fleet have proved to me that, while some members may be the criminals that I hate and loathe, others have the strength to put their hatreds behind them for the good of our race. Something many of our own Commanders have trouble doing." Another stare at Dyne - this time, he had the satisfaction of seeing the man flinch.

"I am recommending that the TDF remain active, and that initial attempts at some kind of peace accord be commenced. We have seen, here, what happens when a conflict like this divides our race. It nearly proved our undoing. We cannot afford to lose any more lives over this insane, protracted war with the Insurgents. It's time to sort this out. And although I have absolutely no jurisdiction to do this, I am recommending that the Insurgents Chavik, Locke, Twobombs, and Cook be promoted to their equivalent rank to Fleet Commander, and that Commander Rattler should be promoted to the equivalent rank of TacOps Commander. They fought and died beside us, Commanders, and so help me God, I will never live with myself if these things aren't said."

Fleet Commander Willis' eyebrows had raised, and he seemed to be nodding in approval. Stone's face was carefully expressionless, but Dyne's face was livid.

"Supreme Commander Reines, how can you permit such drivel! I will not be party to any Commander who would betray his trust and his post to scum such as the Insurgents! They are a menace, and should be destroyed. Note the absence of one name from his list - Akira! The man who has just become the greatest muderer in Terran history! And he wants to ally with such scum?"

Dyne's face had become deadly pale by now, and his voice had risen to a shout. The Supreme commander turned to him, and hissed. "Dyne, if will not be party to this, then let me deal with it! You are dismissed, soldier!"

Dyne's face fell, as if he had been slapped. Then he straightened, saluted, and marched stiffly from the room. As the door closed, the sound of a muffled expletive could be heard.

The Supreme Commander turned to face DeSylva and stood. "I appreciate your recommendations, DeSylva, and I understand the bonds that are formed on the field of war, but this is no game that we can play. The TDF has served it's purpose. Perhaps, if it wasn't for the actions of the Insurgent Akira, the alliance could be salvaged and converted into some kind of peace proceedings, but now - there will be no peace for the Insurgents. Your recommendations are noted, but they will not be acted upon. And this time, DeSylva - don't bother going to Fleet Command behind my back. You got away with it during war, but in peace, I won't have a direct order questioned."

DeSylva nodded. "Understood, sir. I didn't expect it to be any other way."

The Supreme Commander nodded again. "Well, DeSylva, that leaves only one person. You. What recommenations, man? What rank do you covet most?"

DeSylva smiled, an anguished, twisted smile, and bowed his head.

"Sir - I respectfully request that I be allowed to keep my rank. That is all."

the Supreme Commander looked shocked. "I was talking about a promotion, DeSylva!"

DeSylva's smile twisted even further.

"Sir - I desire no promotion, nor do I deserve it. Many thousands of peole died during this war - as a result of my decisions. The people at Pluto - "

The Supreme commander interjected. "They were losses of war, DeSylva, and not your fault."

DeSylva shook his head, before turning to face the enormous window and it's outlook on space. "Sir - almost 1500 men and women from various ships are dead, their corpses drifting in Pluto, now, as a result of my failure. The Insurgents figured it out before I did. They realised that the Gammulans were distracting us with their main attack. I should have realised before - but I didn't. I sent an inadequate force to Pluto, and most of them are dead now because of it. What I deserve is demotion."

The Supreme commander shook his head more forcefully. "DeSylva, this was your first command. You were thrown into it because most of Fleet Command knew you. You did what you thought was right and you did a damn fine job of it."

DeSylva finally looked up again. "Supreme Commander - with all due respect - there are a lot of souls that are haunting me right now. A medal and a promotion won't bring them back, and it won't stop their screams echoing in my dreams at night."

the Supreme Commander looked down at his desk, and sighed. "Very well. Interview terminated at 2000 hours. File under personal file with maximum security."

"You are dismissed, DeSylva. I hope you, like all of us, manage to find some solace or surcease in the night."

---

The stars once more blurred before him as he aggressively piloted the shuttle out of GALCOM HQ's main launch bay. He savagely wrenched the controls and jammed the afterburners on full lock as he sped away from the station. He wasn't sure what he was running from. Maybe his past. Maybe his future. Maybe the souls of the people killed at Neptune; or the cries and screams of the people who died at Pluto.

All he knew was that, for a little while, the run felt good. For a little while, the constraints of time could not catch up. for a little while, he could be free. Free from the ghosts of the fallen.

He looked out into the darkness.

Wherever you are, Akira, I hope God has mercy on your soul, for my soul still weighs under the pressure of what we have done. Rattler - find him, for he is lost in so many more ways than you can imagine...

Goodbye, my friend...

---

Deep in Pluto space, a single spinning object continued to hurtle, out of control. It had just attracted the attention of a passing shuttle, already diverting to investigate. Inside the escape pod, a single huddled figure braced himself, waiting for the pick-up. Inside his head, demons screamed, and the face of his co-pilot haunted him. He had no idea if he - or any of them - were still alive.

But he had endured. He had survived. And now that he had seen the face of the enemy, it was time to take the fight to them. Gary Renwick smiled. He had looked at death - he had seen all it had to offer. And he had refused it. Now it was time to take his life and start anew. And he would start with a vow -

A vow to destroy the Gammulans that had fought so hard to end his first life.

</RP>

AND THAT, MY FRIENDS, IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, as you can tell, I'm still high on the adrenaline rush. It's Christmas, I've just watched the new BC movie, and this role-play we are concluding has been an absolute BLAST!

I sincerely hope I have not missed anyone out in this long list of citations. While we all know that arbitrarily claiming ranks on this forum is a no-no, I am hoping Derek will choose to honour the recommendations I have made here, as I believe these people truly deserve reward for the time and effort spent in furthering this role-play, making the Battlecruiser universe so much more interesting, providing a forum for new ideas and new concepts, and for bringing new people into this world. Highest commendations go out to everyone involved.

I originally received this game as a Christmas present last year. That's twelve monbths ago. It was about six months ago, or eight, that I first became involved in the online universe. In that time. I have made many discoveries, and many good friends. So many of you I have never even met, but I already feel that we are the best of friends. I am able to brag to my friends that I correspond on a regular basis with the creator of this game, and that I am an official tester *grin*. I have made a network of friends all over this world, and in the last eight months you have played a major role in expanding my horizons from the small-town-Australia mentality, and teaching me that there is more to this world than what I can see and touch with my hands and eyes.

As well as this, I have been given a unique opportunity to work with many of you as a mentor, to guide your burgeoning ideas and opinions into stories and events. This is an opportunity I would not pass up for the world, and I have felt truly honoured to play such an important role - inportant to both the game, the Battlecruiser Universe, and to you. I only hope that my assistance has been helpful to you all; that my own opinions have not overshadowed your own, that I have coaxed and encouraged your own ideas into fruition and not stifled the results of your own individuality. If I have done this, then I am truly pleased.

I would like to takle this opportunity to wish all of you a very merry Christmas and a prosperous and happy new year. I hope Santa brings all of you what you want (or deserve!). While I will be offline until the 17th, I hope to be back online then, and look forward to continuing the friendships I have made here, then.

to Derek, I hope your christmas is wonderful, and I certainbly hope your new year is more "prosperous" than this one! This game is fated. It has been a year now, and it still holds me in it's grasp - not even Wing Commander 1 did that, and those of you who know me may have heard me wax lyrical about it. So keep the faith, my good man, and look to the future. Your imagination and vision will keep the gaming world fresh for many years to come.

That is about all I can say. I leave you, for nowm with Commander Desylva's highest commendation - and also his guiding light.

"Serve - with Honour."

Commander DeSylva

<[email protected]>

GCV First Light, ISS01

< http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/9206 >

ISS fleet Coordinator, GALCOM Fleet Command

fllogo.gif

<RP OFF>

Well everybody, I will never forget this. This has truly been the greatest, most fun I have had for a while. It's funny, I started playing this game about four months ago, and got into the online universe the same time, I thought "Wow, all these people have probably been playing this game forever, especialy those guys DeSylva and Rattler" but, as I have just found out, I'm not as much a rookie as I thought I was smile.gif Thanks for the recommendation DeSylva. I think you should be promoted to TacOps Commander, you deserve it for all you have done for me, and this game. smile.gif You should send your recommendations to Derek, because he might not see them here. Well, later all biggrin.gif

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS05

[it did say "about two months ago", but it's been four]

[This message has been edited by William Ramsay (edited 12-24-98).]

Good show all, I have been privileged to be a part of such an engrossing and fun roleplaying experience, especially on the subject matter of a game as awesome as BC3000AD! Just one question - Neptune's a gas giant, so I'm assuming the colony that was destroyed was either a low orbiting city of some kind or else there was some kind of amazing planetary terraforming/building going on here. Oh well, on to my last chapter in this saga!

{RP}

For what seemed like the first time in two weeks, Commander Locke exhaled. The First Gammulan War had changed his life as no other event save for the Alpha Centauri Incident leading to his original defection to the Insurgency. For one thing, every member of At All Costs' crew was now a full-fledged combat veteran, participating in possibly the largest fleet engagement in recent galactic history. As Locke watched the ship move towards the Pluto jump point, several images from the past two weeks seemed forever burned in his mind.

Locke remembered standing on At All Costs' bridge, calmly ordering the vessel to engage and destroy the traitor Alun Tringad, when like a bolt of lightning from God to awaken him from his naive view of the Universe, the freighter Shining Star emerged from the jump point and nearly destroyed his ship.

He remembered his time on Velari station, nervously watching his ship being repaired as he learned the true origins of the Shining Star, and his anger at seeing so many Gammulan atrocities go unanswered. Locke remembered this anger and disgust as his major motivations for joining the fledgling Terran Defense Fleet, to fight alongside his former enemies.

Locke remembered the anguish he felt at the destruction of both the ICV Necromancer and the GCV Predicant during the epic Battle of Jupiter. Both fell in heroic acts of self-sacrifice for their homeworld.

Locke knew he would forever be haunted by the sight of the Raider ship Silhouette ramming and destroying a Gammulan Stormcarrier, which was itself poised to destroy At All Costs. Locke was well aware that the life of his crew, his own life, and that of Commander Rattler had been saved by the sacrifice of a former pirate and fugitive.

And Locke remembered Insurgent One's visit to his ship. That moment of pride, honor, and recognition for his ship and crew would remain with him all his years as a starship captain.

Locke looked upon his crew and smiled. They had changed as well. They had always been skilled, loyal, and intelligent, but they were now wise to the reality of warfare and confident in their capabilities despite overwhelming odds. They had gone through trials of fire and had been burned at times, but in the end they were forged strong and sure. Locke was proud, of the sacrifices and skill of his TDF comrades, of his ship, of his crew, and of himself. However, he was not proud of himself for any combat victory or skill in battle, but for fighting his instincts and trusting GalCom for the good of Earth. He had put aside past rivalries for a common goal, and he knew he would never feel the same way about Galcom or Earthcom again. Locke had seen many Terran warriors die in the First Gammulan War, and he mourned them all equally, Insurgent or Galcom. And he respected the living heroes equally as well, regardless of their ships' IFF signature.

Locke smiled; at least for tonight, there would be peace in the universe. Time to go back to work and find Commander Akira. If he was in this universe, Locke vowed he would find him.

The heavens opened their gates, and At All Costs jumped.

{/RP}

To all the Commanders

I am sorry for my lack of participation, but my sister passed away during the past few weeks and I just now have signed back on.

I will come back in a few days to begin posting again, this will help me take my mind off of it.

DeSylva, I hadn't heard from you whether you got those plans I sent you or not, if you didin't let me know and I'll resend them.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holidays.

Richard (Cmdr.Ristar)

Cmdr Ristar,

On behalf of all BC Commanders I would like to extend our Most Sincere Condolences to You and Your Family on Your Loss. We know times like these are hard on Families, and one must gather strength from the remainder of one's family. Consider US part of your family and if we can do anything to lessen your burden, Please Let Us Know. Our Thoughts and Prayers are with You and Your Family.

Sincerest Regrets,

Richard F. Phariss

(Rattler)

I'd like to echo what Richard said, if you need to talk, or anything, I'll be here, and I'm sure all the other Commanders will be too. I'm very sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Sincerely,

William Ramsay, Jr.

(Alun Tringad)

Oh, god, Ristar, I had no idea. i'm so sorry. If there is anything at all I can do, email me at [email protected] and I will try and help you out.

I am truly saddened to hear about your loss. I did get the plans, and rest assured they are brilliant. I have not been able to contact you, though, because for the last week or two my email from the universityhas been shgut down - it may not reopen until February, so I'm currently making arrangements to open another account.

Once more, my sincere condolences.

DeSylva

Wow... this RPG was truly awesome!!.

I appreciate the recommendation De Sylva :-).

Everyone did a mighty fine job here,even Akira who decided on a scorched earth strategy to deny the enemy of something that may have turned against us in the future... althought the impact on that colony I deeply resent... (ok this "resentment" part applies to my RP character.. and in a way to me also.Nuking civilians is always out of the question).

I just got one thing to add: CIC: How about giving Antti a brand new Mk2 BC in the launch ceremony (the one De Sylva has us writing)?

Ristar: I have no words. Family is everything. My condolences.

You mean - the one that was a surprise for him? You mean that one?

*sigh*

Don't stress to much, Tac - I only got two stories for it. I don't think that little project is going to take off...*grin*.