My it's quiet around here.. let's spice things up a bit...

Parias

So half the galaxy is probably DYING to hear the story about how I came into.. er.. "ownership" or the ICV-Galatae. Well, I figgered what the hell, why not?

[rp]

All my life I had wanted to have my very own battlecruiser. All for my own, calling the big shots, making the decision, and the best part, I got to blow stuff up. At an early age an Insurgent family took me in. I embraced their ways immediately. Some say I was "fooled by false stories" and some other hogwash, but I know it was my true calling.

Er, anyways, when I came of proper age to begin applying for command of my own BC, I applied, of course, only to be turned down 2 days later due to the fact that I was "destructive" and "intent on overkill if I had the funds" and "too young". I think it was their nice wway of saying I wasn't ready, or something like that. Never to be turned down, I kept asking if there was ANY way I could own my very own god-sent battlecruiser. Then I came into contact with Mr. Mordan.

Usually people stayed away from this guy, probably for obvious reasons. But not me!

I him of my dilemma. We got to work.

*skip ahead about 7 months of training*

So next I found myself on a shuttle heading towards Galcom HQ with a bunch of military hotheads who kept babbling on about this "Supreme Commander", while another, who seemed to curse a lot, complained about this "Paul Resnig" and how he had ruined this marine's career. I couldn't see how untill I noticed he was missing his leg.

The shuttle docked, and I got off, signed a few papers, and took a low profile.

*hold*

Alright I probably got you confused. Why the hell was I at Galcom HQ? Well, the idea was this.

If I wanted my own BC so bad, Mr. Mordan said, "why not just go and ste-, er.. 'borrow' one?"

I'll leave the rest to your imagination

*resume*

Whilst getting familiar with my surroundings, I came across a photo of this "Supreme Commander" everyone was talking about. I won't go into many details, but he had this look on his face in the picture that would inspire fear into any commander. This would be one to watch out for..

*skip ahead about 1 month*

I had gotten familiar with the station, met my contacts, and made a ton of friends. I had taken up the position of engineering, obviously for the fact that when I got assigned to a Galcom ship, I could go all over the place without any suspicion. And yes I did have the knowledge to make a good engineer.

I then learned of a new ship that was going to be launched the next day, the Galatae. I applied for a position and it was accepted.

Greeting the crew members the next day, I got down to engineering and began to "blend in". Oh yes, and a few hours earlier I had of course put my little package in my quarters, put where noone would ever suspect (under the bed).....

*skip ahead a month*

I had grown very accustomed with the crew. Pity they would all die soon. My time had come, in 2 hours we would be heading near Insurgent controlled space.

Getting my regular duties done, I then headed into my quarters and grabbed my package. I opened it up and took out the contents, making sure everything was in-tact. As one of my usual idiot blunders, I had failed to close the door to my quarters, and wouldn't you be surprised to learn that the navigation officer decided it was time for a visit... I think she was in love with me or something. Not that the feeling was mutual...

I quickly hid the pack behind my pack, and invited her in. Telling her to sit on the bed, I went over and closed the door, then activiated a special sound-proofing device Mr. Mordan had provided. Would cause sounds within a 2m radius to become silent, hopefully the prototype would work. I then pulled out my side-arm and got her right in the face. It was the first trick Mr. Mordan taught me.

Knowing now my time was very limited, I quickly hid the body in-side of the shower. Packing all the tools I would need into a bag, I then slipped the bag into my engineering toolbox.

I walked out and locked my quarters, and headed down to the air-flow control room. As I expected, noone questioned my presence. Well mostly, one of the rookie marines was wondering what I was doing, I informed him that I was walking in there to plant a device that would end his life in 2 seconds. Laughing, he walked away, probably to get drunk or something.

I climbed into an air vent and pulled out the pack. I then popped out the device and gave it one final look-over. The device simply said "DANGER" on it, in-case it was discovered, noone would get suspicious. I then crawled over to an area in the duct near a fan that I knew would affect the air to the entire ship. Alarms were sounding now, they probably found the dead body in my quarters. Mr. Mordan tried to teach me how to hide dead bodies, but I never could quite understand how. I slipped on a high-density gas mask, placed the device next to the fan, gave it a good screw with my hands, and hit the red button that appeared.

I crawled out of the duct so I wouldn't be hit with the full force of the poision. I saw the same rookie marine come around the corner, I smiled behind my mask and said 4 words, "I told you so". Mr. Mordan would've liked that. He often said irony was the spice of life, whatever that means.

He then began to gag. Clutching his neck, he went down, and then giant warts appeared around his face as the fumes entered his brain and lungs.

The same happened all around the ship.

With the entire crew dead, I then walked up to the bridge. Clearing the dead body from the command chair, I then installed the device that would alter the ship signature to Insurgent. I laughed, this was finally it!

I had sufficient knowledge of the vessel to plot a course to Sygan. It was quite hard work without a nav officer, but I handled it.

As of now, most Galcom officers have no idea what happened to the vessel, but not for long......

[/rp]

Well, my first fiction >)

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 05-16-99).]

Well uhh..

Like I said, nobody likes to hang around them much, and they keep a low profile >)

------------------

Commander in training Parias

ICV-Galatae

"I took this job because I love to blow sh*t up!"

The Winged Leprechaun strikes again... *G*

Loved the Resnig part (lol)... quite a... er... "gruesome" story.

I think Parias got a bit confused.. he meant ASSASSIN CASTE right Parias? Right right????

You can't create a new caste Parias, that is a copyright breach... you can use one of the existing Castes.. I suggested the Assassin caste 'cause its methods are quite similar to yours hehe. Now edit that post before you inherit my old quarters..I mean, the brig.

Hmm.. teach me to write fiction at 11 PM >P

Anyways yea, it wasn't my idea to create a whole new caste (I'm not here to be an @$$) but I didn't really have too much info on the Insurgent background (or I was just too tired to remember) so I just did what I figgered was right. I couldn't call it the "spy squad" or "spy group thingy" or anything like that, so I just came across "spy caste". I think watching Babylon 5 helped in that decision too....

Er, anyways I made the modifications >) I'll try not to mess up the whole thing next time mmkay? >P

------------------

ICV-Galatae

[This message has been edited by Parias (edited 05-16-99).]

Who the heck gave you permission to create a new caste and alter my property?

Parias, I just let you back in, the next time I kick you out, you are never coming back. I don't have time to babysit you.

DeSylva, am holding you responsible. If you can't maintain the integrity of this forum, let me know and I'll appoint another moderator. Hopefully by the time I come back to check, Parias would have edited his post.

Thanks Tac

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 05-16-99).]

Guest Ron Wallin

Sorry you had to see this, SC. Parias is my "pet project".

DeSylva is away for a few weeks right now on a job assignment (or so he claims smile.gif) and does not have access to a computer or the net (again, that's what he's claimed).

Here's his announcement: Departure

Had DeSylva been around, I'm sure he would have taken care of Parias' post.

Parias:

By your own claims, you're still a commander in training (the content of your posts confirm this). You also claim to be an Insurgent. That happened before I was in charge of authorizing new Insurgent Members, so I'll let that slide.

I know for a fact, however, that you are not a member of the Motley Fools. Being that it's the only group in Spectre that has authorization to conduct these type of opperations, you'll simply have to change that part of your story completely (perhaps from assasin to something more simple like a young engineer with delusions of grandeur

It's your story and I would never assume to know better than you how to write it. But, as you can see, many of us here take the details of this universe seriously. Before you post again, I suggest you do some reading.

Start with the manual. Once you think you've got a handle with its information, contact me and I'll let you know where to go next.

I strongly suggest you take this opportunity. You've attracted the wrong kind of attention by stomping on a good number of things. It's time to stop, sit down, study, and hopefully you won't get the boot, permanently.

Cmdr. Akira

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 05-16-99).]

Alright, first of all I did not mean to alter your property. I admit I guess I should have done more research before I wrote that, but creating problems by making my story was not my intent. If I did, then I sincerely apologise.

If it is such a big problem, say the word and I'll edit the post, changing it to something like "nothing to see here, move along". Or you guys could just delete it.

Like I said, I didn't mean to cause any problems, and I am sorry. What will you have me do?

Well you may as well close the thread or delete the post entirely, and next time I write fiction I'll put more research into it okay?

Like I said, sorry.

------------------

ICV-Galatae

*RP* ON

"Well, Mr. Parias, you certainly have stirred things up a good bit around here. Do you have anything to say for yourself?" said Chavik.

Mr. Parias stared numbly. He played with his fingernails and looked at his boots. He looked at the walls in Chavik's office and at the ceiling but never once did he make eye contact with the man asking him questions.

"Some may label your actions as taking the initiative but I think it was just pure brashness. What were you thinking stealing a Galcom Battlecruiser??" said Chavik, his voice rising a little. "Galcom has been touchy about that ever since the mass exodus of Commanders a couple of years ago. Whole crews mutinied and left Galcom service. That still stings. If it hadn't been for the Gammulan invasion and our help they might be at our throats still. Yet they still have issues with that too. You have stirred the pot royally. Stealing a Galactan Class Battle Cruiser and then assassinating her entire crew? You got guts I'll give you that. But it must be tempered with reason. And then you go and spread rumors about an entire spy caste? Think man think! Oh I'm a memeber of the spy caste, may I please have a job? No one in their right mind would fall for that. Any caste can have a spy but for it to work they must remain within their caste. Other wise it won't work."

"Now we have to do damage control. Are you sure no one got off a message to Galcom?" asked Chavik.

Parias simply nodded.

"And you report that you were able to change the IFF signature? And no other ships were in the region to spread and info?"

Parias nodded yes to the first and shook his head no to the second question.

"Perhaps they think a new crew has been destroyed by raiders. We'll find out shortly. And do you have a crew for your new BC? She won't run long on her own," said Chavik. He seemed lost in thought for a moment and then added, "But I do have a crew for you. Some new and some old. I have quite a few senior officers who are not quite ready to be retired yet. I'll have list for you in a second," said Chavik as he bent down over his console.

Chavik took several minutes perusing personnel files and then looked up with a small grin. "Ok, here is your senior staff. You will notice that the combat officer and the tactical officer have many years of service and are probably ingrained in their ways. As is the chief engineer. The others I leave up to you. That includes IC pilots, marines, system engineers and flight engineers and other staff officers."

"Now; you have shown some brashness in getting your own BC, ahead of some others I might add, but I think we should leave it at that. However we will monitor your activities. Most Insurgent Commanders who have graduated to their own BC have the trust of the entire Insurgency behind them. You I think we should handle a little differently. I invoke the heirarchy of the Insurgency. You are hereby confined to trade runs for six months. After which your performance will be reviewed. You have the perfect right to defend yourself but you must complete the run to the benefit of the Insurgency."

"I think that should be enough Mr. Parias. I have assigned the senior crew members that I think you will need. Listen to them. They are crusty but good. Set in their ways to a fine point. But they will do you proud for what you have ahead of you. You are dismissed," said Chavik as he looked back at his console.

Mr. Parias slowly stood up and turned towards the door. He looked back at Chavik but he was absorbed in his console. Parias started thru the door when he heard Chavik say, "Oh, and Mr. Parias, no more rumors of unsubstantiated castes please?" Mr. Parias hung his head again and walked out of Chavik's office.

Chavik listened as Parias left. He was muttering something about top dog and making decisions. Chavik shook his head. The Commander wanted to do right but just wasn't versed in the finer points. Perhaps he'll get better Chavik thought.

*RP*OFF

Parias, the dressing down is real. You are enthusiastic but umm ermmm *blunt comment follows* you just ain't right yet. smile.gif

I can tell you are sincere about the game so listen to us. If you have any questions e-mail me about anything. I don't think Akira would mind either. We both like the writing aspect of this roleplay forum.

Stay within the game. I've given you a lot to work with if you choose. Do so and have fun. smile.gif But no new castes and no new ships.

Shall the RP continue? Who took you in? {G}

Just be careful

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

[rp]

Parias left the room, shook up but not broken, at least not in spirit. But what was this about there being no spy caste? He was sure that there was... from...

Suddenly he snapped his fingers as a thought came into his head. That man in the black cloak.... he was behind the whole thing!

He proceeded into his quarters and thought it over some more.

He knew that when he first met the man, who had identified himself simply as Mr. Mordan, it was he who had informed him of his "new position" as Elite commander. It was he who, when his command was revoked later on, that suggested he continue to press about the new technology that was coming out. And, earlier in Parias' life, it was Mr. Mordan who had informed him of this "spy caste" and had him join, to get his own Battlecruiser. But WHY??

Suddenly Parias remembered the reports he had heard on Mr. Mordan. Around the time Parias had lost his command for a week and had been sent to the brig, he heard that Mr. Mordan had come into command of Parias' cruiser, and also into a sizeable sum of money. There was also something else..... oh god!

Parias got up and angrily began throwing things around the room. "He played me!!" he screamed. "He played me like a puppet! ARRRGHH!!!!"

To anybody passing by, it would have sounded like a small tornado or earthquake had gone off in his quarters, impossible of course in space. (ed note, since Cmdr. Chavik failed to specify where the meeting was, I'm assuming it was on a station over Sygan or some place near). The room was a mess when he was finished, and he stormed out, bumping into a nav officer on his way out. He was going to find this "Mr. Mordan" and would find out just what was going on.

[/rp]

Anyways I've talked to Cmdr. Akira and he offered to modify my post so it isn't so.. er... "faulty". Hope I didn't go out of line with this post as well >)

[rp]

Mr. Mordan looked out the window of the battlecruiser he had "aquired". He tapped his fingers on the wall slowly and chuckled to himself. Everything was falling into place.... now if Parias would keep doing his "job", things would look very good for Mr. Mordan... very good indeed.......

[/rp]

------------------

ICV-Galatae

Cool save Parias. smile.gif Blaming your "ignorance" of a "spy caste" on Mr. Mordan is great.

Yet you still trust him to be on your BC as per your last post? Or perhaps you don't trust him but he has finagled his way onto your BC anyway. Intersting. *G*

Anyone feel free to correct me but I don't see anyting wrong with this last post. Parias (the fictional character) has been duped by Mr. Morgan. Mr.Morgan is now on Parias' BC . *G*

But I think you recovered well.

Continue please. This is interesting. *G*

------------------

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

BTW anybody who has watched Babylon 5 will know who Mr. Mordan is, I'm making a similar character here >)

And as for my BC, well, he has a strong political standing in the Insurgency, and remember that "large sum of money" (I should change that to credits) he came into possestion of? It went to good use... for him anyways >) Right now my char is stuck without a BC, trying to find a way to get his own back, or finding another one. I'll make a continuation soon >)

------------------

ICV-Galatae

Guest Ron Wallin

I've made a couple of changes to your firs post, by your permission. That was a good way to write yourself out of the situation. However, you made one vital mistake. You met and returned to Mr. Mordan in Sygan. That means he's an Insurgent that's NOT a memeber of Spectre Fleet.

Good luck on getting the Galatae back. And once you do, you may want to make your way to the Rattler's Den in Antis. We'll take you and your BC (when you get it back) in and train you properly.

Oops, this is a historical perspective, correct? That means you've already got your BC back and have made it to us and are in training now smile.gif

Cmdr. Akira

Insurgent One

Chavik: That was a rather tame dressing down, wasn't it? And what were you doing at Sygan in the past asigning untrained, unqualified personell to supply runs?

This is a pretty interesting start for Parias... Judging from his past actions, I wouldn't be overly surprised if he somehow ended up in Sol again... The thought of the two newbie RP'ers (Shadowstar and Parias) on opposite sides of the law meeting up does present a very interesting RP situation, but, it could quite literally mean the end of Parias's career, if he is caught being bold agian. I'm not pushing for such an encounter, but a newbie vs. newbie situation occuring the midst of all else that is happenening around the universe right now might just be that spice that Parias is looking for, then again, we should probably save it for later. We don't want Parias alienating himself from both Galcom AND the Insurgents. He'd have to become a pirate or something and lay low - REAL low... smile.gif I think either way, Parias has some BIG decisions to make and must be VERY careful about what he does with his future. I get the feeling that he's on pretty thin ice with the Insurgents and well, Galcom probably hates his guts with a vengeance. If he does show in Sol, I should think my character would jump at the chance to snag a promotion for nailing this guy. I'm going to have to post something in the other forum about the kind of reaction Cap'n Shadowstar will have at the news of this... Also, I LOVE the Mr. Mordan bit - it's perfect, considering where I left my last RP off in the other forum.

[This message has been edited by Shadowstar (edited 05-17-99).]

Guest Ron Wallin

Sorry, Chavik, I forgot to put the smile after the comment. It was intended as a joke. Your points are taken and duly noted smile.gif

Cmdr. Akira

Alright gimme some time guys, I'm trying to figure out where the hell this story is going

............................*ding!*

Alright I think I figured it out..

Lets say that my first post was how I came into command of the Galatae in the first place. My second story which introduces Mr. Mordan is more "up to date" and it shows just where my career is at this very second, alright?

There, now I've sorted it out (I hope) so I'll go from there >)

------------------

ICV-Galatae

[rp]

Parias sighed, this was getting to be very tiresome...

*INCOMING TRANSMISSION*

ACCEPT MESSAGE?

*YES* *NO*

Parias hit YES, hoping this wasn't another convoy run of Emperian Ale. EA was very.... fuzzy, he didn't like it much, it was popular with most Credians for one reason or another, and lately seemed to be in high demand. What this meant though was that Parias was forced to take his junky cargo freighter deep outside Terran space, and although the Credians allowed this for trade runs, most of the systems he went to were also crawling with raiders.

Anyways the EA was in high demand, it seemed like every high-ranking officer in the galaxy wanted some for him and his brother, and Parias and a couple others were the only ships capable of hauling it, due to the fact that all the other ships were busy with "other duties". Har har.

*LINK ESTABLISHED*

"Greetings comm- er, I mean MISTER Parias!" Parias snorted, this was starting to get on his nerves. Good ol' Travic, always seemed to enjoy seeing high ranking officers reduced to this duty..... he must remember to request him as a crew member on board his ship... maybe to clean the hull of his ship with a toothbrush, or as an addition to the target range in the marine barracks...

"Yea what do you want now?" Parias grumbled.

"We've got some more Emperian Ale for you to-"

"Aw HELL not more! I've got at least 50 cases about my ship already, with each and every one of them wanted on a different planet!"

"Well, this one is going straight to the Insurgent command post here on Sygan."

"Why can't you deliver it yourself? I'm almost half-way across the galaxy from there!"

"I don't care. Make this top priority, I heard some rumors that Cmdr Rattler himself requested this! Just rumors of course."

"Yea I'll bet he did...." Parias knew that couldn't be, Rattler was far too busy for such a thing....

"Nevertheless, get your ship over to Sirius now. You'll get your extra cargo of 10 cases from there, and head to Sygan to deliver them to the station there. Make it snappy!!"

*TRANSMISSION ENDED*

Parias swore loudly enough to make a child cry, then started up his engines and headed for Sirius.

He had also done a bit of sniffing, and sure enough, Mr. Mordan was in command of the Galatae. It was last heard he had set course for Lanix V... what business would he have there? As far as Parias knew that area was mostly unexplored... at least to him personally, he didn't know of what stations or planets were there, and since he didn't have access to military data at the moment, he couldn't find out. Things were starting to fall into place, but Parias couldn't figure out just WHAT it was.

[/rp]

Considering how there isn't much data on the "personal" lives of the average Credian, I, in essence created the snoots. Hope I didn't go out of line >)

------------------

Parias

ICV-Galatae

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 05-17-99).]

Thanks Akira, and after having a day to think about it I see holes in my part of the story big enough to drive a tractor trailer (maybe a Jenstar wink.gif) through. How did I get Parias down to Antis after he reported to the command in Sygan, or how was I at Sygan instead, etc., etc. I see it now.

What kind of transport did you choose Parias? I didn't assign you one so you are free to choose. Choose carefully and you can have some fun. *G* I figured you would use another BC but since you chose a transport have fun. But I see that hole in my story too.

*RP* ON

Chavik watched as Parias left the small office in Sygan. He almost didn't need it but it came in handy at times. Times such as this. Interviews with crewmembers. People wanting to transfer. He listened to those requests and duly forward them on. And interviews with salesmen.

Sheesh! Someone was always wanting to sell something. And theirs' did the job better than the other guy's. From Weapons to computers to electronics everyone wanted to sell something. It didn't matter that some were illegal. Illegal by Galcom standards at least.

As the door shut Chavik replayed the recording and watched for signs of remorse. There were some but a willfulness underlay even that. That would see him through some tough times thought Chavik. After viewing the recording a second time Chavik compressed it and sent it to Ratttler, Akira, and Jester. He hoped he had done the right thing but it was the best he could come up with on short notice.

He went into the quarters attached to the office. All command staff had similiar office/quarters at Sygan reserved for them. He began packing for the trip home. He'd been here long enough and this last had about worn him out. He was sure he'd have messages waiting for him.

*RP* OFF

Hopefully that filled that hole smile.gif.

Parias, I like the snoots. But they are not part of the standard items. We should be allowed illegal items. (haven't checked that in game but it seems we should be. *G*) You would have been best to pick one of the standard items or the illegals. But out of thirteen races I'm sure there is something we don't know about. Not for me to decide though. Perhaps it will slide. Dunno. I do like them though. smile.gif Reminds me of Tribbles.

I have a problem with Trade Post. Planets have Starbases. A little editing would fix that. Derek allowed each fleet four but I am assuming the rest have only one according to the navmaps.pdf file. If you choose a planet that should have four I think Starbase1, Starbase2, etc. would be sufficient. Otherwise they are named. Checks Stations.pdf

Akira? Derek?

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

[This message has been edited by Charles Lindsey (edited 05-17-99).]

Guest Ron Wallin

Thank you, Chavik. Parias, I've had to edit your story again! Until you learn how to use what information that is located in the manual, DO NOT CREATE ANYTHING NEW!(i.e., snoots)

I've changed your snoots to Emperian Ale (an accepted myth that doesn't appear in the manual) thinking that would be enough. Then I finished your story and found that your rank has changed, for the 3RD TIME!!!

Until I, as Insurgent One, say otherwise, you are currently stripped of all rank for an undetermined period. That means you are no longer a "Commander in Training", Cmdr., or anything else. You are simply "Parias". Learn to use your name correctly; use the info in the manual about the universe to form your stories; generally stay out of trouble and you'll get your rank back quickly.

When you decide to start posting to the RP forum again, email me. I'll review your story and help you work out the details so we can avoid the pitfalls of this thread in the future.

I want you to stick around and be able to enjoy this like everyone else. However, this is not a universe were you can simply run rampant and create things from your own imagination. If you don't understand, see the posts by the SC above.

Hope to get an email from you soon smile.gif

Cmdr. Akira

Well basically the "trading post" was located ON Sygan, in one of the cities there. I couldn't come up with a better name soo....

And yes, I got the idea of Snoots from StarTrek >)

------------------

Parias

ICV-Galatae

Guest Ron Wallin

I'm giving you one LAST chance due to the close time proximity of our posts. I will check this thread in 2 hours.

Change Your Sig!

Cmdr. Akira