First Command

Guest Ron Wallin

Sebastian, check the manual. Your Iridium (cloak juice) ammounts are a little off. The max your BC can hold (unless you use alternate methods) is 1000 units (about 100 minutes of cloak if I remember correctly). You'll have to find the space for the other 24,000 units redface.gif because it can't fit in the BC itself (hint: you have shuttles, atv's, and a transporter)

Cmdr. Akira

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 06-19-99).]

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sebastian Vauban

Thank you for the observation. Perhaps I have a misunderstanding about the location of the Galley...I was under the impression that It was on deck two, somewhere near the officers quarters. Perhaps I was wrong, and it is located on deck one, along with the bridge. If so, I will kindly replace my submission with a proper and more accurate representation of the interior of the BC. I will post more of the story tomorrow. Today is for school...

Post Scriptum: Did you enjoy my addition? I hope it serves this story well...e-mail me any comments. I'd appreciate your feedback.

Commander Sebastian Le Prestre Vauban

GCV-Stabat Mater, Orion Fleet

Galcom SpecOps Division

[This message has been edited by Sebastian Vauban (edited 06-18-99).]

Sebastion, it depends on which pic you are referrencing. The old pics show the galley as being on deck two. The new pics (for the Starion) on the screenshots page show the galley as being on deck one.

Either way the Galley is amidships. The problem I had was that the turbo shaft does not slide sideways. They only go up and down. You could not enter a turboshaft at the galley and arrive at the bridge.

Again, perhaps I am missing your intention but you could have Turbo-shafted from the deck two galley and then strolled to the bridge.

Comments? I wanna know what the heck you got up your sleeve! smile.gifInteresting as I said. *G* Keep going. The turbo shaft thing is only a technical difficulty.

Aye, Chav, you're right, that's the layout on the starion, but can anyone here tell me why the layout on a Mk II BC HAS to be different? Big points for anyone who can...

The answers in the General Discussion forum, no cheating...*grin*.

------------------

Commander DeSylva

GCV First Light ISS01 -=- ISS Fleet Coordinator

www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/9206/iss/

Official BC3K Tester and Blind Man With Sleeves award winner

"Serve - with honour."

Guest Sebastian Vauban

Indeed, we did have a misunderstanding. There was a time lapse in between 20:23 and 20:30, at which point Sebastian entered thew bridge area to carry out his orders...more tonight...I have been in a "fierenze litterae"...and, as of now, I will base all deck-related references on the Starion layout in the Screenshots section unless someone can provide me with a COMPLETE layout for a MKII BC, including walkways, turboshafts, and more importantly, galleys. smile.gif I would greatly appreciate it if you could email them to me. (perhaps the moderator or Mr. Smart himself could be of assistance?) Thank you.

Commander Sebastian Vauban

GCV-Stabat Mater

Galcom SpecOps Division

[This message has been edited by Sebastian Vauban (edited 06-18-99).]

RTFM, Cmdr DeSylva. smile.gif

Appendix K puts Operations on Deck One in the MK II, the Starion layout shows Operations on Deck Two. That, alone, constitutes a different layout.

And while the Starion flightdeck has the large, forward-facing launch bay opening; on the MK II "Each Interceptor has it's own bay which facilitates rapid launch and retrieval operations."

Besides, the Starion layout shows plenty of turboshafts all over. But watching Perscan will convince you that the MK II has just a single turboshaft located in the aft end. Somebody ought to open a hotdog stand at the Deck 1 Aft Corridor, so many crewmembers get stuck hanging around there. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr Pherrett

GCV-STRATOS

[This message has been edited by Lynx Pherrett (edited 06-18-99).]

Guest Sebastian Vauban

About those iridium values...I do believe in the manual or some other BC3K text it says that 25000 units are able to be held in the ship...if I am wrong, for fictions sake, we will pretend that the iridium is everywhere...even in Sebastians pockets, ok? smile.gif

Guest Ron Wallin

Lynx, is that what he was hinting at?

Sebastian, go back and read the manual. No wait, I forgot, no one reads the manual anymore. I will just give it to you. Open wide, Sebyy, here comes the airplane, vroom, vroom...

quote:

The Battlecruiser has two cargo bays, each with a capacity of 7500 units. It also has two weapons bays, each with a capacity of 250 units. Fuel for the nuclear reactor(RADINE), shield systems (PLUTONIUM),and cloaking system (IRIDIUM), are stored in special tanks with storage capacities of 25000, 10000, and 1000 units respectively.

Just in case you want to read it for yourself (the crowd goes quiet. who does akira think he is suggesting that others read the manual. tsk, tsk) p.37 of the main manual.

That pesky word "respectively" (and this is from the online version of Meriam-Webster's dictionary) means:

quote:

2 : in the order given {Mary and Anne were respectively 12 and 16 years old)

i.e., Radine=25,000 max, Plutonium=10,000 max, Iridium=1000 max

So here's the cargo breakdown on your ship fully loaded with Iridium:

BC. 1000

4 shuttles fully loaded. 8000

4 ATV's fully loaded. 2000

Transporter. 1500

That brings you to a maximum of....calculating...calculating...calculating... 12,500 units. That leaves you without room on your shuttles, atv's and transporter for anything else.

In short, we will NOT just say you've got it laying around. A full load of Iridium will only get you around 20 hours of cloak (100 minutes p/1000 units). Good luck, I hope that's enough 'cause you can't have any more.

Feel free to change your story again. Oh, please try to be accurate with that kind of info in the future. Thank you.

Acting Flt.Cmdr. Akira

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 06-19-99).]

20.83333~ hours to be exact. That's 20:49:48 dividing it out. Hey, ya never know when those last few seconds will be crucial. wink.gif

Plus I've mailed pics to DeSylva and Sebastion. BCdeck3top is really poor quality though. Perhaps with that and Derek's suggestion of looking at the logistix computer it will help. I can mail them to whoever wants them or perhaps host them for quick reference.

Sebastion, you referrenced 19:02 then strolled through the galley ( a few minutes in my mind) then consumed your meal in a few minutes. Then you strolled to the turboshaft (Another few minutes in my mind) and gave it the "bridge" command. Then at 20:23 the doors opened. Helluva a long turboshaft ride. smile.gif I see where I was confused. Thanks for clearing that up.

DeSylva, the VTOL bay takes a huge chunk out of the interior of the BC. That's what makes the Starion radically different. Things had to be moved around in order to get everything back in. I also think this will make the Starion slightly larger.

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

[This message has been edited by Charles Lindsey (edited 06-19-99).]

[Previous plot criticism retracted.]

My bad smile.gif Good memory, Cmdr Chavik, I'd forgotten the orders were relayed in Jupiter.

------------------

Cmdr Pherrett

GCV-STRATOS

[This message has been edited by Lynx Pherrett (edited 06-19-99).]

I never batted an eye on that one. Read Foss's first post. That's where he got his orders to go to the edge of Gammulan space from Commander Junkarri. I just assumed the Stabat Mater did some eavesdropping or that Commander Junkarri filed the flight path with Centcom and then it was relayed to the Stabat Mater through channels at Galcom.

As soon as the Deterrence crossed the border that was the deviation. Sebastian has to catch up to this point is all.

David, I found your reference to the Gamm war. A month is too long for me though. If the Deterrence had been towed back to Galcom I thought it would be neat for Chavik to gawk at the Deterrence being towed back. Especially since I hinted that I would be in Polaris.

Do watch out for that parts clerk at Wraith though. I hear he's been a bit edgy lately. smile.gif Something to do with abnormal requisition procedures. *G*

Commadner Chavik

ICV Phoenix

Commander Chavik,

The reason I had the time set for a month is mainly for the Deterrence's sake. She was, after all, destroyed at that battle, so they would have to build a new one for the most part. One month seems good enough for me... besides, it also gives enough of a time index for Foss to be promoted and reassigned smile.gif

Anyways, I've decided to fire things back up again. I'm sure Sebastian can catch up (leave out the boring waiting parts). The stuff I'm waiting to post is just too good (I think... I'm very proud of this part of the story) to wait any longer smile.gif

I should have it up in about four hrs or so.

------------------

Commander David Foss, GCV Deterrence

David, I was referring to the story I have been playing with in the other thread. That timeline is immediately after the Gammulan invasion. So there is no way "Chavik" could see you with a month having past in your story. I didn't mean anything bad by it and hope you didn't take it the wrong way. I just thought it would be half neat to tie the threads together (loosely) with a sighting or so. And that's only if I get off my can and actually put something there. smile.gif

But that's what I meant. A month is too long for the "Chavik" character to ever see you.

As always, looking forward to more stories.

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

"I think my biorythms are off"

Charles, I see... smile.gif Well, with the timeline already being established, that isn't really an option, but there's no reason we can't tie things together at a later date smile.gif I got caught up last night, so I didn't get the writing finished. Hopefully it'll be up later tonight (the time index on this page is about two hours ahead of me).

------------------

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sebastian Vauban

Apologetically, I must resign from my post as "author seconde". My parents and 2 brothers recently passed away in an automobile wreck, leaving me as the sole survivor. I have been severely injured and cannot continue to write. I apologize if this has caused an inconvienence, but circumstance has left me with no choice. I leave Cmdr. Foss the responsibility of authoring my storyline from this point on.

Commander Sebastian Vauban, GCV-Stabat Mater,

Resigning. Thank you for your time.

Commander,

Our DEEPEST sympathies and shared sorrow are extended to you.There's nothing that we might say, or do here that would lighten your burden. However, If you ever need anyone to talk to, or just check in with for a friendly voice, CALL ME! Collect if you have to. I don't normally do this, but my phone number is (850) 689-0283. Use it if you need it. We'll keep a place here, if and when you decide to join us again.

Kindest Regards,

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Just Doin' What I can with What I got!

Yeah, you'll be sorely missed and be in all our prayers.

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky GCV Svoboda

ISS Fleet

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

Commander Vauban,

I have no words to extend that would even begin to convey my sympathy. That in mind, I shall do only this... Please accept my sincere condolences and know that the prayers of myself and everyone I have known go with you. I am not a religious man, but I do recognize the greater power, whatever it may be, and I reserve prayers for the times when they are truly needed. This is one such time.

I am truly sorry for your loss, and I will keep the fires burning high here, should you return.

(403) 288-4261

• 2 weeks later...

Okay... It is long past time for me to get this thread off the ground. I made a promise to Commander Vauban and I intend to keep it. The First Command RP thread is once again active. I am back with a vengeance, and I will be writing for both Commander Vauban and myself until his return.

(RP on)

ÔÇ£Ready, Lieutenant.ÔÇØ Neilson reported.

McKay sighed. ÔÇ£All right, everyone, cross your fingers.ÔÇØ She didnÔÇÖt allow herself to dwell on what would happen if it didnÔÇÖt work. ÔÇ£Start her up.ÔÇØ She ordered.



ÔÇ£Roger.ÔÇØ Neilson replied, reaching over to switch on the reactor. What was left of the shuttle was hardly worth mentioning. He was still in his pressure suit, the shuttleÔÇÖs hull having been compromised.

The reactor powered up, sending energy through the ship and into the main life support system of the BC.

The ship seemed to lurch to life with the fresh dose of energy. Alas, however, it was not to be. Unfortunately, Neilson had been correct about the effectiveness of the reactor. In fact, heÔÇÖd been right on the money. The lights throughout the ship flickered, flashed, and died, the shuttleÔÇÖs reactor barely providing enough power to run them all.

The environmental controls were not going to work if this was all they could manage.

The irregular light strobes were going to give him a headache, but it was better than nothing. He relayed his calculations to McKay.

ÔÇ£Lieutenant, I canÔÇÖt do anything for the life support system. This is as good as sheÔÇÖs going to get.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£What about communications?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£As I can tell, the systems interface is shot. The problem is that I canÔÇÖt access the area from within the ship. IÔÇÖll head out and see if I can find the breach that sealed that section off. With luck, the breach will be large enough that I can get through. Can you have my team join me?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll relay the orders. Do you have enough parts to fix the damage?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Like I said, sir, IÔÇÖll have to take a look. DonÔÇÖt worry, though. IÔÇÖll figure something out.ÔÇØ He said, then signed off.



Neilson exited the shuttle and walked to the other end of the shattered flight deck, the computer repair kit in his hand. The stars stretched on forever. Small pieces of debris from the BC drifted through space, carried by the frictionless vacuum along with the damaged ship. He stepped out of the flight deck, the magnetic boots holding him to the deck as he vanished over the side. To anyone observing him, it would have looked like heÔÇÖd been sucked under and run over by the huge ship.

He moved slowly, avoiding areas of the hull that had been weakened by the battle. No sense causing any more breaches. After ten minutes, he finally located the damaged section.

It was large enough barely.

He managed to work his way through, miraculously without any damage to his suit, then began inspecting the commlink computer. ÔÇ£Oh, well.ÔÇØ He mumbled. ÔÇ£The way things have been going, IÔÇÖm not surprised to see this.ÔÇØ

Both the systems and AI interfaces were totaled.

ÔÇ£Lieutenant, IÔÇÖm sorry to report that there is very little that we can do.ÔÇØ

Her voice crackled softly in his ears, ÔÇ£Do whatever you can, Neilson.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Why the hell havenÔÇÖt the Mandorians responded?ÔÇØ He asked. ÔÇ£IsnÔÇÖt it obvious that weÔÇÖre up the creek without a paddle?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£TheyÔÇÖre probably concerned with protecting their borders. The humans who have been charging into Gammulan space havenÔÇÖt exactly been considering the fact that if Galcom goes to war with the Gammulans, these people will be caught in the middle.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Even so, if they would give a hand with repairs, itÔÇÖd only take about seven hours to fix the systems necessary to get us home.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Well, whatever their reason, they arenÔÇÖt budging. ThereÔÇÖs no sense wondering about it.ÔÇØ She said sharply.

He got the hint. ÔÇ£Aye, sir.ÔÇØ He said, kneeling down to examine the damaged system.

I suppose I shouldnt worry, he thought to himself. If they were going to attack, they would have followed us through and finished us off. Theres not much we would be able to do about it. The tactical computer cant run without power. Its about the only computer system that is still capable of running

Damn!

He opened a link to his engineering team. ÔÇ£Jack, take your team down to the tactical computer and remove the AI and systems interfaces! Suit up. IÔÇÖll need you guys to bring them to me along with the equipment to install the suckers.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Understood. WeÔÇÖre on our way now. We should be there in about ten minutes.ÔÇØ



ÔÇ£There is little point in bringing spare parts to your ship.ÔÇØ The station tech said. ÔÇ£By the way, my nameÔÇÖs Sarah Mitchell.ÔÇØ

Finally, a name to the face, Hiker thought. ÔÇ£SheÔÇÖs too badly damaged. At this point sheÔÇÖd be lucky to survive a tractor beam.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Well, we will have to hope she can, otherwise your in real trouble.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£LetÔÇÖs get the show on the road, then.ÔÇØ Runt said, climbing into the shuttle. The others followed suit and the shuttle lifted off shortly after, heading for Pravis.

It didnÔÇÖt take long to tow the Deterrence back to the station. Arrangements were quickly made to tow the BC back to Galcom HQ for repairs, as a station on the border of a hostile front was not the place to conduct extensive repairs. Shortly after arriving at Galcom, McKay received orders to report immediately to Commander Junkkari in FossÔÇÖ absence.

(RP off)

Hmm... A bit rushed at the end there... Hope I'm not losing the edge... frown.gif

What do you think, am I back yet? smile.gif

------------------

Guest Da Bo Fraech

Cmdr. Foss

Great wonderfull exellent. I enjoy stories of this caliber. In fact the only thing I enjoy more is art. I have an idea about this part in the smile.gif(book) smile.gif and would like to offer my servises as an artist to make this book an illustrated novel ie.(serious comic book). I need practice and think a few parallel pages to this thread might look good. Freebies for all Bcruz3k fans. If you would like I could send a few samples.

Let me know what you think.

No comitment nessisary Yes or no I'll still do something. Im more motivated by a good story Im not creating myself. Avoiding disapointment in a good writer is the ultimate artistic challenge.

Even if no go Ill still send a pic of the Deterrence dukein it out with the Gammulan Storm carrier. Sort of a payment for the great work. Im at [email protected] let me know, we should make a seprate page on this.

smile.gifTo everone else who reads Foss's work keep sending the good reviews it is very important to support talent.

To Cmdr. Vauban

I have no words only prayers and faith of healing.

------------------

Cmdr. Fraech

ICV Dalvenjah

In the beginning the Dragon ploughed the nebula of primordial chaos.

Guest Sebastian Vauban

After much thought, I have come to the realization that perhaps I need something to bide my time. I believe that I will catch my end of the story up this weekend.

I can only thank you all for your prayers and condolences...and the idea that maybe immersion in this universe will be good for me...a step out of my reality and into the Stabat Mater...

(RP on)

"Sir...sir...captain!"

I came out of my daze and back to the bridge.

"Comms, reporting internal communications, sir. We may have a breach here, sir. They recieved an SOS hail from the Warrens Pass and the captain seems to be responding! He's given the order to deviate course, sir. He may be going after her. He's just given the order to triangulate the position and make the jump to hyperspace!"

My thoughts were no longer thoughts. I had become instinct.

The orders left my tounge.

"Prepare to decloak! PTA to fifty percent, IOD to seventy! Ready weapons systems, target her engines!"

(RP off)

that ought to get your minds wandering as to how I am going to do this...

Commander Sebastian Le Prestre Vauban

GCV-Stabat Mater, Orion Fleet

Galcom SpecOps Division

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."-Sun Tzu, The Art of War (6:19)

Welcome back Sebastian. Glad to see you again.

Not only am I wondering how you are going to do this I'm wondering what the heck you are doing. smile.gif Don't answer. Just keep posting. All will be revealed in time.

Welcome back.

Charles