Fleet Command Promotions

Today, after deleting/ignoring each and every intrusive email that Antti has sent me, pestering me about this, I have decided to promote all fleet leaders to the rank of Fleet Commander.

With this promotion, all fleet leaders can add this rank to their sigs and they can, with the help of Spcfx and other GBS vets, organize their own TODs and promote their members to higher ranks.

As Supreme Commander, I reserve the right to strip GALCOM personnel of their ranks as I see fit. So, fleet leaders, don't even think of promoting any members, without first holding a GBS campaign and sending me the results. Failure to do this, will most definitely result in me stripping you of your rank.

GALCOM has nothing to do with the Insurgent fleets but I will oversee all rankings. For simplicity sake, Insurgents will have the same ranking structure as GALCOM (for now) until I come up with their own ranking for BC:3020AD.

Newbies, no, you can't create new fleets. The fleets are fixed. When I figure out a worthy person, I will appoint a Fleet Commander for the Prime Fleet, seeing that I don't have time to worry about that right now.

I will also be doing spot checks at the websites of all Fleet Commanders. You have two weeks in which to have an updated roster of your members. If I check in two weeks and there isn't a single page with the member rosters (similar to the one I have here), I'm busting all fleet leaders back to Commander.

Yes, the SDF will happen at some point soon. I just have to look over the script and make sure that it is foil proof but good enough to be a challenge.

I have been coacking Spcfx on how the scripting works and he should be able to help out with the GBS stuff once he is fully up to speed. I will, when I find time, update the manual some more.

Thats that. Antti, if you send me one more email or ICQ message...

Guest Antti Junkkari

First, I kinda figured it was intrusive, but I didn't mean it.

Sorry. It's in my DNA. (Rattler wink.gif)

------------------

Fleet Cmdr Junkkari at GCV-Karhu

Orion Fleet Leader

www.orionf.pp.fi

"Stand like a man!"

[This message has been edited by Antti Junkkari (edited 06-05-99).]

Greetings fellow Commanders,

as Derek wants to see complete member list on the fleet pages, is guess some will now start to scrap up everybit of information they have, *g*, well if you want, if have a list with all players registered at the BC3000ad homepage, and those that have registered on the EarthCOM page(most of them are for EarthCOM but maybe one or two for other fleets too). So if you want a digest for only your fleet/group, what ever you call it, just drop me a mail , and i can supply you with one, you can then look over it and add those that are not registered on one of the above pages.

if you need such a digest just send me a mail, and state what information you need, (like Commander Name, Ship Name, Rank, ICQ, Email, Real Name etc.).

Most Important, and i nearly forgot it, state which format you want to get (like HTML, Excel Sheets, Access Database, TXT, etc.).

send the email to [email protected] .

------------------

EarthCOM-Officer Daniel Allard, Second in Command

ECV-Bride of Death

15th EarthCOM Planetary Force, Alpha Group

"If you Truly want to LIVE, then you have to wed Death himself!"

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Daniel Allard (edited 06-06-99).]

Guest Antti Junkkari

Dammet! Too late for me. I already completed my roster, it took me 30 minutes to take everyone registered to Orion Fleet from Commander Roster to my Roster.

------------------

Orion Fleet Leader

www.orionf.pp.fi

"Stand like a man!"

Well congrats to all that got a pay raise. There is one concern, Tac will be off-line for an undertermined amount of time due to a personal crisis. So before you bust him back down SC, I request that you give the thorn-in-your-side some latitude here.

------------------

Cmdr Gallion

GCV-Graf Spee, Corsair Wing

Wraith Fleet

Well sorry Antti, guess it was quite some work, *g* believe me, i did it not only for all EarthCOM members, but for all fleets, but i guess it is now easy to update, as it is now a Access Database , easy to update, and easy to check, so my offer still stands for all if you need a list just drop me a mail ,and i can send you one.

And Antti i don'tknow how you updated it, but if you want i can send you a databse for access with a registering plug in, so that you can update it easily. (of course only if you have access, *g*)

------------------

ECV-Bride of Death

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Daniel Allard (edited 06-07-99).]

Guest Antti Junkkari

Well I bet your database is better than my roster. I have only commander's name and name of the vessel. I had earlier e-mail addresses and icq numbers and icq onlinestatusbar but it was just too much for me to keep it up, so I have now only siple list.

Ya wanna check it out from Orion Fleet site..

Thanks for the offer, I bet you did also some work for your db hehe wink.gif

------------------

Orion Fleet Leader

www.orionf.pp.fi

"Stand like a man!"

Hm something i just remember.

this is for all fleet leaders, or members who know where this could be found.

would be good if you could either mail, point me, or otherwise, show me where i can find a Badge for your fleet.

currently i only have Badges for

GALCOM Prime fleet

GALCOM ISS Fleet

EarthCOM Fleet

still missing are

GALCOM Wraith Fleet(could not be sure what could be taken as a badge from the Wraith site)

GALCOM Orion Fleet (same, many pictures but nothing that looks like badge)

and Insurgents.

would be good if these could send me a badge.

Bye

------------------

ECV-Bride of Death

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Daniel Allard (edited 06-07-99).]

SC you mentioned ranks for Insurgents I assume that until otherwise stated EarthCom will be using Galcom ranks also. Just wondering.

Karl Wolf

ECV Hammer of God

Epsilon Battle Group (Wolf Pack)

15th EarthCom Planetary Force

"When it comes down to it, Earth is first and everyone else can go to Hell."

Thanks Antti, thats just what i need, it always looks better if you can see a badge for the fleet you want to have information about, instead of only standard text *g*

------------------

ECV-Bride of Death

[email protected]

...about those promotions, forget it. I will handle all promotions even for fleets. We don't particularly want a bunch of morons running around as Supreme Commander anytime soon. So, for now, the fleet leaders are at Fleet Commander rank and everyone else is at Commander rank until I figure out how to handle this without it being abused.

Suggestions are welcome. The first person to post a brain-dead suggestion is going to get axed.

Guest Antti Junkkari

LOL!

I never thought about promoting anyone, since almost all of the members of Orion are DEAD. I never heard of them. Maybe fro 2 or 3 members. Great, isn't it?

Don't be afraid Derek, this time you don't have to hit me with that axe.

------------------

Orion Fleet Leader

www.orionf.pp.fi

"Stand like a man!"

Antti,

what you discribe sounds familiar, i guess most only sign up for name and then forget about completely, but thats life. *g*

------------------

ECV-Bride of Death

[email protected]

Hope I don't fall under the axe, but here is my suggestion.

We currently have a good scripting base of forum followers. How about one of the story writers create a theme, which could be scripted into a campaign. Instead of having promotions, make the mission awards be medals currently available in the sim, or introduce campaign ribbons. This ribbions, medals or pins could be introduced as UBB incons and attached to your signature in this forum upon successful completion of the TOD(s). If made small enough (such as the smiley face icon) they would not drastically increase the forums load time and it would give fleet members an oppurtunity to actually do something with the fleet they join. The stories could be fleet based, but should be open to all who desire to play them. Any comments are welcome.

Mark

(Writing from home, but leaving again tomorrow)

Thnx for covering me while Im gone Gallion.

Chief: Now this was something I didnt expect... its great to be suprised! Thnx for the promo, hope we can give it its due honor in 3020 :-)

Antti is correct, its sad to see the Fleets filled with "no-players"... I think I only have 5 members that are "alive" *grin*.

The roster is in the FleetOps section of the Wraith site (just in case you didnt know).

SpcFx: I had something very similar in mind for the Wraith training badges, will send you the details when I get back.

No problem Tac, just get the Wraith info done...

Once SDF is opened, us morons have a chance to get promoted by merit. The winner (verified Top score, etc.) of the SDF campain gets promoted to Fleet Commander. There is nothing for second place.

Just my 2-bits and suggestion only.

TTFN

------------------

Cmdr Gallion

GCV-Graf Spee, Corsair Wing

Wraith Fleet

Er.. before this gets barreling along too fast.. where do I fit in this? Or do I even need to worry about this at all? I know Rattler is pretty much my main contact in the Insurgents, but he's away soo..

Just making sure I'm not missing anything >) I skimmed over this thread so I may have missed one important detail or 2..

------------------

Parias

ICV-Galatae

"I took this job because I love to blow sh*t up!"

Guest Antti Junkkari

quote:

Er.. before this gets barreling along too fast.. where do I fit in this?

LOL biggrin.gif Enuf' said..

------------------

Orion Fleet Leader

www.orionf.pp.fi

"Stand like a man!"

Guest Ron Wallin

As usual Parias, you've missed all the points. This thread's topic does not concern you.

SpecFX, I tried doing something like that with the Insurgents. I created some ribbons to represent different training levels... You send in a tip and if it qualifies you get the ribbon. It didn't work out (I only received two submissions).

However, it, and your's are good ideas. I'd be happy to help. Just let me know what you need smile.gif

Acting Flt.Cmdr. Akira

Insurgent One

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 06-11-99).]