Experiment: a new RPG like "The Apocalipse"

Ok.

Here's the deal:

I think it's time for some large-scale RPG like we did last winter, i.e. a few months ago.

I think ICQ will be the means for informal chatter about the course of the RPG.

Second: Dr. Smart is chief, and all ranks top-down will apply to the RPG.

Third: Humans need sleep, don't jump 5x within 24hrs.

Fourth: have lots of fun !

I think that the starting point would be right where we stopped last time. Set some positions on the several (scattered) fleets, and give it go.

Signing of from this sub-space transmission:

Cmdr. Ataryan, live from the Orion vessle Aurora

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all (speaking from the depths of rural Australia with five modular phone lines spliced together between my computer and the phone jack...)

I agree. Someone pick it up. When I'm once more communicado I'll join in...*grin*. Perhaps you guys can come up with something new for the storyline as well.

Which brings me to something else. I am embraking on a new literary project (as a few Battlecruiser people already know) and for that I need some information. I have absolutely no military background, so I'd appreciate knowing exactly how life works for pilots on today's aircraft carriers and air force bases. How often do they fly? What's the procedure for flying missions? Are they told in advance? I really have no knowledge at all of how tihs works.

As usual, I am also looking for anyone who knows how to write PERL script for use with a web page to donate their time gratis. I have no money to pay but there is a BC project I have been trying to get off the ground for a while now that requires some CGI and programming skills that I don't have. I can't promise anyone money, but I CAN promise you a name on a prominent webpage that will hopefully get frequent visitors...

Any replies to the above queries, email them to me at [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected] . And let the RPing commence!

[RP]

DeSylva looked silently out of the viewport in his shipboard office on the GCV First Light. Something was about to happen. He could feel it...

[/RP]

------------------

Commander DeSylva

GCV First Light ISS01 -=- ISS Fleet Coordinator

www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/9206/iss/

Official BC3K Tester and Blind Man With Sleeves award winner

"Serve - with honour."

DeSylva? WTF? Hey Old Friend! How about putting me back on the BCRPG distrobution list again?

Thanks,

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Just Doin' What I can with What I got!

Yeah, I guess being stationed aboard Carriers for 17 years during my career might be of some benefit to what DeSylva needs. Michael, I'm no programmer, but I'm pretty qualified to advise in flight Operations! smile.gif If ya'need me, I'll be there for ya' "Old Friend!" biggrin.gif

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Guest Ron Wallin

DeSylva, I've got some Air Force wings laying around here if you want a different perspective on opperations.

Akira

So.... let's do it !

We can/will/might use the extra's that BC3000ad v.2.0 offers, since the demo is avaliable for every newbie or v1.0 user, right ?

I'll contact my fleet commander and inform/ask him to start the campaign regarding Orion, and I hope/expect the same from other fleet members and/or commanders smile.gif

------------------

End of subspace transmission,

Cmdr. Ataryan, live from the Orion vessle Aurora

I just got an e-mail from Richard (Ristar) about starting up this forum again and this sounds like the place to do it smile.gif Count me in smile.gif

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS03

Tactical Support Coordinator, ISS Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council - Order of Jade Dragon

Director of Strategic Operations - Order of Jade Dragon

"Honor and courage, above all else"

Official BC3K Webring Administrator

welcome.to/bc3k

Umm..

*cautiously peeks into the room*

Uhh

I don't know what's going on, but count me in >) My ICQ # is 1293359.. maybe somebody could fill me in on what we're gonna do? Hehe smile.gif

Like, I've never really done anything like this before, and I'm gonna tread carefully this time (remember my failed RP attempts? Ugh.. nightmares in my sleep...) but it sounds cool smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr Parias

ICV-Galatae

"I took this job because I love to blow sh*t up!"

I'm all for starting a large scale role play up again like we had last summer. Due to the death of my sister last year and my moving, I was unable to participate in the First Gammulan War, I did some stuff up leading up to it, but I missed the majority of the battle. I wanted to start up the role playing again, and I would like to incorporate the new organization that a group of us created, the Order of Jade Dragon, into it. We will be announcing to some new members their invitations to join the Order.

Anyway, let's brainstorm and get some ideas rolling.

Cmdr Jeehun Ristar

GCV Shogun, ISS02

Intelligence and Espionage Arm Coordinator-ISS Fleet

ISS Vice Fleet Leader

Shogun of the Dragon Council-Order of Jade Dragon

Director of Covert Operations-Order of Jade Dragon

I'm game, if everyone else is. smile.gif Just one thing, though. Picking up right after the First Gamm War might be tough for some. Gallion, Foss, myself, and some others have RP stuff already going on immediately after the war.

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas as to what this is going to be about?

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

Prime Fleet

TDY Wraith Fleet

ICQ 32545391

"Angels and Ministers of Grace, defend us."

-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

I would like to continue and build upon the idea that I started on post I made uner "The Dragon Rises Again" with the Order supplying a path into the Gammulan heartland. We can use the info that we discovered and let the various fleets plan an all out invasion of the Gammulan sector, and with all the updates to ground ops this is a prime opportunity to put it into a role play.

Let me know what you think

Cmdr Jeehun Ristar

GCV Shogun, ISS02

Intelligence and Espionage Arm Coordinator-ISS Fleet

ISS Vice Fleet Leader

Shogun of the Dragon Council-Order of Jade Dragon

Director of Covert Operations-Order of Jade Dragon

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'll go with it. The next question is, how long after the First War should it take place?

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

Prime Fleet

TDY Wraith Fleet

ICQ 32545391

-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

Welcome Back Cmdr Ristar! smile.gif

I and the Insurgency would be glad to participate in such an event again. One thing to remember on this one though. Since you are talking about going into Gam space on this adventure, then there is no threat to Earth. That fact alone presents one critical problem. We have no need to ally ourselves with Galcom, and YOU must come through Insurgent space to get to your end objectives. How do we want to play this? If turns out to be a full fledged, full fleet movement of Galcom Fleets to Gammula, what's to keep the Insurgency from utilizing such an opportunity to do what we've wanted to do all along? Remember, we STILL believe that Earth belongs to the Insurgency. Food for thought? smile.gif

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

It does sound cool, and also that it could get very complicated. I'd really like to be part of it, but I'm going to be going away soon for about 5 weeks without internet access, although I'll be back for a week in the middle of that time (At the moment I'm hurrying to finish off my story before I go, and get my website presentable (if not complete).

Anyway, there'll be no timeline conflicts with my story, since it'll only occupy two and a half days in total, and has a flexible starting point (but after the Gam invasion).

If you want to involve me in it, then I authorise Desylva to play my part until I get back, since he knows about my currently classified tactics and equipment wink.gif.

Good luck with it,

TTFN

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky GCV Svoboda

ISS Fleet

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

All sounds great to me. You guys bash out the details...

As for the time...well...there is three years between the First Gam War and the role-play that is happening now...and just a little hint to the story I am writing, there is probably going to be another Gam war starting in 3008...so try and fit it in somewhere.

I'd suggest some time between Feb 3001 and March 3003. This fills up a slight gap in the timeline, and gives you all time to try and put RPs you are currently working on, on the backburner.

If that won't work, then I'd suggest fitting it in sometime between Jan 3004 and Jan 3008 - that puts it after my RPG (which would make it difficult for players who don't know where they will be / how they will be when it ends) and before the fiction I am working on. But they are just my sugestions.

As for you Rattler, you are now on the list. Sorry it took me so long, but like I say, I'm jury-rigging this connection to even get it at all, and my parents DON'T exactly know their phone is being tied up...*evil grin*. Ah well - it's their fault for cutting off the second phone line anyway. =)

As for Rattler and Akira, feel free to email me with any info you can shed on the daily life and routine of a fighter pilot. I know NOTHING, so pretend you have to teacyh me how a pilot lives - and start from there. Thanks for the help, guys.

------------------

Commander DeSylva

GCV First Light ISS01 -=- ISS Fleet Coordinator

www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/9206/iss/

Official BC3K Tester and Blind Man With Sleeves award winner

"Serve - with honour."

Sounds good all. There is something I seem to recall in the official BC3K timeline about the Gams hitting GALCOM in Polaris. Which would fall in the 3001-3003 timeframe. As to filtering through Antis...easy a pie. Can travel from Sol to Gamma-1 on one tank of cloak juice. But Rattler does have a point, leave the front door open and some "flies" will get in house.

TTFN...Count the Corsair In!

------------------

Cmdr Gallion

GCV-Graf Spee, Corsair Wing

Wraith Fleet

Wraith Wings at your service :-).

Talk to Wing Commanders [Gallion (Corsair), Somerset (S.I.N.), Gudihl (Marauders)] to see if they are avaliable (im not... *sigh*).

Cheers!

PD: Good idea twobombs! :-)

I think Gallion's got a good idea. The Gamms attacking GalCom in Polaris seems like an excellent starting off point for the RP.

The Swiftsure, and SIN Wing, are at your service. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

Prime Flt.

TDY Wraith Flt., SIN Wing

ICQ 32545391

-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

Here comes a wrench. *G*. If I remember correctly playing the game as insurgent still leaves Polaris stations as neutral. One of the few, seems EVERYONE is our enemies. smile.gif Insurgents just may want to help defend or better yet check up on why in the heck Galcom is congregating around Polaris. smile.gif

Here is a partial quote from the Official Battlecruiser 3000AD Timeline from DeSylva's ISS webpage:

quote:

September 3000
- Hot on the heels of their massive military strike on Neptune and Jupiter, the Gammulans launch another attack. They use their "Lost Fleet" of stolen

Terran ships in an attempt to capitalise on a Terran empire that is still teetering after the First Gammulan War. This attack is aimed at Polaris-2.

October 3000
- The First Light is diverted to Procyon to aid an EarthCOM cruiser that has been attacked by unknown forces. In conjunction with a spy known as Symon

Stryde, DeSylva manages to track Neman Vorne to the location, and discovers that he has commandeered a splinter force of Insurgents, and is harrying EarthCOM and

GALCOM forces in an attempt to take advantage of their time of weakness, as the new war in Polaris heats up. Neman escapes before he can be brought to justice, and

takes Stryde with him.

October 3000
- Massve nuclear bombardments are launched on Polaris-2, devastating much of the surface. The Gammulan forces begin to fall back.

December 3000
- Tracking Neman Vorne to an abandoned space facility of unknown origin in a largely unused region of space, DeSylva and his crew are finally able to

bring the traitor Vorne to justice, before his plan to strike deep at the heart of GALCOM and the Terran government can come to fruition. Vorne is captured, tried, and

convicted, before being sentenced to life imprisonment, incarcerated in the Terran maximum security prison "Despair", located deep beneath the surface of the Terran

moon. The First Light is given a two month leave of absence while the crew recuperate, before DeSylva is once more assigned to command the ship and the ISS fleet.

December 3000
- The Insurgents launch a surprise attack on Procyon, taking advantage of GALCOMÔÇÖs committment to the Polaris conflict. The uprising is unsuccesful,

and rapidly quelled.

February 3001
- The Gammulans launch a final attack on Sol space, striking with a tiny strike force directly into Sol space, taking advantage of a GALCOM force that is

almost crippled after months of warfare in both Sol, Polaris, and Procyon. The Deliverance is one of the few functional ships able to launch against the Gammulan force. It

wins the battle, but is badly damaged, and many of the crew are killed.

So the question is...where do we begin the motley? Pickup where the last RP action left off at or do we jump ahead to the future; aka begin January 3001? No matter where we start at, GALCOM forces cannot amass the forces necessary to strike into the heart of Gammulan space as Ristar suggested. Forces are spread out thin due to loses incurred in Sol, Polaris, and Procyon.

A place to start and Gams to hunt is all the Crazy Corsair needs. Albiet if an Insurgent happens to get in the path, well...all is fair in love and war! wink.gif I vote for Polaris! This will keep the Galcommies busy whilst the rascally Insurgents hammer GALCOM somewhere else.

Suggestion only, questions, comments, and snide remarks are welcomed.

TTFN

------------------

Cmdr Gallion

GCV-Graf Spee, Corsair Wing

Wraith Fleet

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 07-11-99).]

My vote is for Polaris as well. That gives us from September 3000-January 3001. Alot of RP time and opportunities for all involved.

A side remark to Gallions last post. Who says that an attack force to Gamma-1 has to be large? Surgical strikes are always more interesting than brute force. wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

Prime Flt.

TDY Wraith Flt., SIN Wing

ICQ 32545391

-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV