Experiment: a new RPG like "The Apocalipse"

To those Commanders that DeSylva added to the current e-mail RP saga:

It would be a good idea or each of ye to read up on what has been happening. Some info your character would not be aware of.

I think DeSylva mentioned something about how and when he would write you all into the current endeavor. IOW I do not believe that you all have post priveleges yet. That is DeSylva's arena, it is up to him to grant.

{rp}

Besides, freshmeat is always needed wink.gif

{/rp}

TTFN and welcome to the Motley wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr Gallion

GCV-Graf Spee, Corsair Wing

Wraith Fleet

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 07-21-99).]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt that the RP will be over anytime soon, Foss. 450ish messages might seem like alot to read, but some of them are extremely short. You'll probably be able to breeze through about half to two-thirds of it easily. I think we'll all enjoy the extra company in our motley. wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

Prime Flt.

TDY Wraith Flt., SIN Wing

ICQ 32545391

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way."

- John Paul Jones

Yep, all commanders who applied (if I got your emails) have been added as of this morning.

Please remember that until I write you in, you have no posting privileges, unless you are commenting on something happening in the RP.

Now, back to our earlier discussion...a new RP on the forum?

------------------

Commander DeSylva

GCV First Light ISS01 -=- ISS Fleet Coordinator

www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/9206/iss/

Official BC3K Tester and Blind Man With Sleeves award winner

"Serve - with honour."

Casting a vote:

Keep new RP on the forum...for now at least. That way there will not be any confussing the new RP with the current e-mail campaign.

TTFN

------------------

Cmdr Gallion

Wraith Fleet

"Run Silient, Run Deep"

I would say keep it on the forum completely. That way we don't have to worry about a mailing list. Besides... This is where the first session was held. It's kind of like home, don't you think?

------------------

Commander David Foss, GCV Deterrence

Although I'm not a active part of the RP yet

and don't deserve a vote, I think that the forum is the best. We are always visiting BC2K so it will be a lot easier for all.

My two cents smile.gif.

MAX

------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

ICQ#34741

GALCOMPRIME

Shipsmotto: "Retreat? Hell!"

Just got feedback from some of the play-by-email RP people, and they give me the idea that even they think of joining in on the Forum, since it's (quote) kind of the home of RP, (and another); it (the Forum) is filtered.

We're interested in getting as much people involved in this new /RP thing, without stepping to much on (some big) toes smile.gif

I am very happy that I got this type of feedback, and I would like see a thread opened up that starts the /RP.

one vote for Christmas - Eve 3003, like the episode of 'Space, above and beyond' smile.gif

------------------

End of subspace transmission,

Cmdr. Ataryan, live from the Orion vessle Aurora

ICQ# 8332637 - http://surf.to/twobombs

[This message has been edited by twobombs (edited 07-24-99).]

December 3003 sounds fine to me. By that time, whatever occurs in the e-mail RP should be done, and all of the ships that may get banged up will be back in working order. wink.gif Two questions though. 1) Will the War still be going on then? 2) When do we start? smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

Prime Flt.

TDY Wraith Flt., SIN Wing

ICQ 32545391

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way."

- John Paul Jones

Guest IlKhan Michael Wolf

Hello, is there an any way for a newbie like me to learn more about the rp? Have read the posts here and am interrested. Any assist in this is appreciated greatly, thanx...

That is what we need to determine. I have several ideas that may or may not fly. Not "scripts", just very general "possibilities".

DeSylva: Check ye mail.

Ristar: Check ye mail also.

Since there is not a "plot" already, I think that the Intell assests (read ISS, JD, and whatever the Insurgents have) would be the logical way to start this endeavor. If anybody else has any ideas, let me/us know.

My Four Bits minus two

TTFN

------------------

Cmdr Gallion

Wraith Fleet

"Run Silient, Run Deep"

Guest Ron Wallin

Don't let things get too scripted. The reason the last forum RP EVENT was such a great success was due to the LACK of control. When it all started as a simple transfer of a spy (Tringad) back to the ISS, NONE of what happened, other than my idea for the Gamm's coming to town, was known to anyone.

No one had even thought that the Insurgents would swoop in and save the day let alone fight along side GALCOM.

If you stick to the same non-structure, it will be as fun as the last.

Ron/Akira

RL=Real Life RP=Roleplay

Last thoughts; the last RP had a RL basis for it's beginning. Tringad (RL and aka William Ramsay) was discovered as a spy.Chavik's (RP) attempt to reurn Tringad (RP) to DeSylva (RP) started the whole thing. It went great from there as Ron said. I really had no idea when I (RL) decided that I (RP) should return Tringad (RP) that the thing would get that huge. It was a blast. smile.gif

Here we seemingly have nothing to crank it up. Polaris is the theatre correct? and the Gamms are the enemy (well they always are but I meant the current one in this smile.gif)? Heck that's enough if someone gets brave enough to post. Everyone has expressed interest and would jump right in I think. *G*

Hopefully no one will DIE in the email RP. So long as the commander survives ships can be re-christened. wink.gif

The current email RP is going to to take a while. So crank it up IMHO. smile.gif

And this thread is taking rather long to load. I usually don't complain but there is lot's of text here. (tip to AOL users, try a 56K access phone number, seems to help a little even if you only have a 28.8)

hehehe...I hear ye Akira. I am not refering to a script(s). Just several loose possiblities that may or may not arrise based upon what we do or don't do.

At the propose time (DEC, 3003) that this new RP endeavor is to commence, GALCOM is realing from the significant/massive losses incurred from a plethora of engagements (see DeSylva's timeline at his w/p). The way I understand the BC universe (albeit in a twisted sorta way ), GALCOM cannot gather a large enough force to much more than defend what they have already. IOW, unable to go knocking (and possibly kick) at the Gams front door. But then again you are also correct Akira about the last RP; non-structure was/is best. Never know what will turn up in the rumor mill

TTFN

------------------

Cmdr Gallion

Wraith Fleet

"Run Silient, Run Deep"

Guest Antti Junkkari

Yo I just got back and I'm leaving again in few hours so I guess I┬┤m out of your little rpg..

------------------

Fleet Cmdr Junkkari, GCV-Karhu

Orion Fleet Leader

Member of Dragon Council

www.orionf.pp.fi

"Raise high the flag"

While reading one of the 2 new threads here, an idea crossed my mind. We are using hyperjumps, right ? They allow us to travel from one part of space to the other, right ? According to Einstein we should into trouble with time somehow.... So while we where contemplating about at what date we sould exactly start, we could start it with a time/space incident/anomaly, it has several atvantages:

1) it can add vessles/crews that where gone, or assumed blown sky-high.

2) it adds another dimension (litarly) in this /RP thing, of course we should not take it too far, the SC might not want that smile.gif

3) The time/space distortion could also make it possible for the hit-and-run team to be more effective. (i'm assuming now that the incident/anomaly was an artificially created) One guess who made it smile.gif

Any pro's, con's ?

------------------

End of subspace transmission,

Cmdr. Ataryan, live from the Orion vessle Aurora

ICQ# 8332637 - http://surf.to/twobombs

[This message has been edited by twobombs (edited 07-30-99).]

quote:

...3) The time/space distortion could also make it possible for the hit-and-run team to be more effective...

Interesting concept twobombs. There is something already in the game that is simulair I believe; the HSD artifact. Not quite the same thing ye is talking about but then again I could be wrong.

To date, I do not think that any RP action has included an artfact hunt/recovery. That would take approval from way up the food chain. There are some of us that have pushed some technology to the extreme (hmmm, Akira, me, Rattler, etc. wink.gif ) already.

The way I understand it, RP mirrors what ever the latest version can/does do with minor player technical enhancement goodies. Though a good idea twobombs, I must disagree. What you discribe would unbalance the RP and open a technical/theoretical can of worms too.

TTFN wink.gif

------------------

Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

Commander

Corsair Wing

=Wraith Fleet=

"Run Silient, Run Deep"

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 07-30-99).]

I must agree with Gallion. Moving into that kind of territory moves into realms of theoretical physics that we could only 'technobabble' our way through. I think we should stick to known territory for this RP.

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

SIN Wing Commander

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

- John Paul Jones

Guest Ron Wallin

Einstein's theory of relativity only applies to objects moving at or near the spead of light. When you enter hyperspace, you cease to exist in normal space. Thusly, all relativity issues also cease to exist.

Anyway, you're ship would be reduced to a single stream of molecules before you ever got near the speed of light.

I'm closing this already bloated thread. Discussion is over. If you want to start another RP then just start it. Don't start it with ANY firm idea of where it's going, just create an incedent at the begining that you think would draw everyone in and allow others to contribute.

Just remember, you can't start a war between GALCOM and the Insurgents. You can't put words in other's mouths. You can only write from the perspective of your Cmdr. or crew. If you need some interaction then get with someone outside the forum and plan it. Good luck; Cmdr. Akira will be gun's a blazing if you give him the chance (or nukes, one never really knows smile.gif)

Ron/Akira