I want to be an Insurgent (relocated thread)

Guest Ron Wallin

Guest Ron Wallin

Following is a quick cut and paste of a recently deleted thread. Feel free to read and comment on this RP topic.

Cmdr. Akira

Guest Ron Wallin

Author Topic: insurgents

Mechwarrior

Junior Member posted 07-24-99 11:19 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to be an insurgent and go through training at there hq how do i do that?

------------------

Mechwarrior of GCV DARK RIFT.... The Rift is coming...

IP: 205.188.197.43

Rattler

Administrator posted 07-24-99 11:58 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commander,

The first thing you need to learn about is who your Fleet Commander would be. This information may be obtained at http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/5552/ . Next you would want to gain further insight by visiting http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/55...ecromancer.html .

Now, do you feel that urge to jump out on your own, breaking the bondage of Galcom? Does the desire burn white hot in your soul? If so, visit http://www.jabsystems.co.uk/future/insurgency/ . Explore the many links available to you on all these sites. You'll find just about anything that you need to know about the insurgents. Hope you enjoy the tour.

Word of caution though, before you make that leap of faith! The Insurgency is ONE Fleet, with pre-determined Flights and Bases. They are carved in stone, blood, sweat, and sometimes tears of the already existing members of the Insurgency. They are solid and non-negotiable. Find a niche' and fill in where available. If you still want in, Welcome Aboard, Commander.

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Just Doin' What I can with What I got!

IP: 204.49.32.158

Ron Wallin

Moderator posted 07-25-99 12:59 AM

Mech, think about this decission one more time. Spectre is as unforgiving a fleet as they come.

For beginers, you will be stripped of rank and made to prove your worthiness BEFORE you are allowed to ever claim the title of Cmdr. You will need to pass every test before you will be given control of your BC. You will undergo an extinsive debriefing. You're loyalty will be tested. You will be brought to the brink of death only to find where you will break. You will cease to be your own master. You will be corrected at every turn especially when you're right. And you will be reminded that green commanders are of no use to our cause every chance we get.

On the flip side, we welcome with open arms all seasoned GALCOM commanders and their equipment. The above only applies to those commanders who have yet to fully grasp the game. Even then, it's based solely on the Command Staff's discression.

Does this mean we don't want you, Mech? No. However, we would prefer that you had more experience; were higher up the chain of command; and had the wealth of millitary intel only available to those commanders that have been around the block enough to have a number of "favors" lining their pockets.

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

Spectre Command Staff

The Dojo Base Commander

"I am the very model of a modern Major-General,

I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral,

I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights historical

From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical"

Everyone else had a cool quote

IP: 204.154.116.44

Maxamillian

Junior Member posted 07-25-99 05:25 AM

Cmdr Akira: You sure are a literary bloke.

I didn't think anyone read Poe or Gilbert and Sullivan anymore, "Quothe the Raven, 'Nevermore'.

'MAX'

------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

ICQ#34741

GALCOMPRIME

Shipsmotto: "Retreat? Hell!"

IP: 209.156.29.147

Ron Wallin

Moderator posted 07-25-99 02:05 PM

I hope my waxing rhapsodic doesn't discourage you

Akira

Mechwarrior

Junior Member posted 07-25-99 04:33 PM

I will join your cause. I must warn YOU though: We are the Black Panther. A ship of 117 solid men and women. We may be Insurgents by fleet yet we listen to no one. We cannot be caged, controlled or subdued. We are as sound and unshakeable as they come.

Our motto is followed to the letter: Chaos comes from the depths of our souls, victory through our actions. With these we rule the Galaxy unchallenged

IP: 205.188.197.53

Ron Wallin

Moderator posted 07-25-99 06:09 PM

quote:

We may be Insurgents by fleet yet we listen to no one. We cannot be caged, controlled or subdued.

You are required to do just that, se above posts.

Membership request DENIED. Let's hope, for your sake, none of the brass in GALCOM learn of your atempt to defect...

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

Spectre Command Staff

The Dojo Base Commander

"I am the very model of a modern Major-General,

I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral,

I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights historical

From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical"

Everyone else had a cool quote

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 07-25-99).]

Supreme Cmdr

Administrator posted 07-25-99 06:39 PM

ROTFL!!! Busted.

Anyway, shouldn't this be in the RPG forum?

IP: 165.117.54.217

Parias

Member posted 07-25-99 10:43 PM

Well, I'm glad I got into Ye' Grande' Insurgency (stop laughing now)in the early days....

Now I just gotta haul-a$$ and start DOING something >)

I got some plans... although as per Akira's orders I'll run all my "paperwork" through him first... but that's a different story.

Er. hopefully if I run into you though Mechwarrior, I won't be forced to use pieces from your ship's hull (or what remains of it) to scrub the quarters of particular higher ranking officers..

But anyways, I'll take it to RP if this is gonna go any further >)

------------------

Cmdr Parias

ICV-Galatae

"I took this job because I love to blow sh*t up!"

IP: 24.65.174.19

Ron Wallin

Moderator posted 07-26-99 12:00 AM

Yes, boss, this does belong in another forum. i'm going to leave it open for another day to give Mech a chance to read it. It will be deleted this time tom.

Akira

IP: 208.128.7.76

Mechwarrior

Junior Member posted 07-26-99 06:53 AM

look iits in the general discussion forum what harm can it cause? Besides i'd like to have other people read and respond to it too.

If I am unable to join the IS iI shall be a loner if thats what it takes. Maybe someday I'll start my own fleet.

------------------

IP: 205.188.197.168

Jon Ballinger

Junior Member posted 07-26-99 07:15 AM

quote:

I will join your cause. I must warn YOU though: We are the Black Panther. A ship of 117 solid men and women. We may be Insurgents by fleet yet we listen to no one. We cannot be caged, controlled or subdued. We are as sound and unshakeable as they come.

Our motto is followed to the letter: Chaos comes from the depths of our souls, victory through our actions. With these we rule the Galaxy unchallenged

This is not the brief of an Insurgent, it's the brief of a renegade, of someone who is out of control.

The Insurgency is Galcom's honourable counterpart. We strive to raise humanity to its rightful plateau, to raise it out of the sewer where it has been placed by Galactic Command.

We do have a "wild card" squadron, over which I exert a loose hold. We don't have renegade loners who strike at a whim.

Nothing rises from the flames of chaos except chaos itself.

You declare that you listen and take orders from no one. So be it, if that is what you foolishly want, then stand alone. You will not be recognised as an Insurgent but as a pirate, doomed to sail the sea of stars forevermore. You will never know what companionship is and you will never have someone beside you in times of trouble.

You will live alone and you will die alone.

------------------

Jon "Jester" Ballinger

Official BC3K Tester

ICV Essenson

Author, The Calm Before The Storm: http://jabsystems.co.uk/future/calmb4storm/

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

IP: 195.58.64.67

Commander Hamblin

Member posted 07-26-99 07:18 AM

Hey, hey wait a minute. Isn't anyone going to speak for Galcom here? I mean Galcom isn't perfect, but you can't expect the Insurgents to be perfect either.

And what about Earthcom? Try joining them. Although, traitors to the Galcom cause are not to be tolerated, and really you should be shot, so don't expect to be rejoining us.

(RP on)

Also, the Insurgents are just a bunch of criminals. So what if you're more organised than normal criminals, you're nothing more than thieves, murderers and traitors. How can you sit there and judge Galcom when you are just as bad? You've taken up arms against your own race! And you expect people to believe Insurgent propaganda about Galcom?

(RP off)

I hope you understand that was just roleplay. I don't really hate any of you. I would like to think of you guys as (A tear comes to my eye) my friends.

Plus, If this thread is going to be deleted, I could open up a new thread in the RP forum called 'insurgents'

Commander Hamblin

Constellation class starship: GCV Galatea

For I dipt into the future, far as human eyes could see. Saw the vision of the world and all the wonder that would be...

[This message has been edited by Commander Hamblin (edited 07-26-99).]

IP: 195.44.20.129

Angel of Light

Junior Member posted 07-26-99 08:41 AM

Mechwarrior,

If you feel the need to tear at the fabric of all that contains you, and strike, without regard, against all, then you surely are the chaotic evil you profess.

Good on you

Cmdr Angel of Light

Of the good (bad) ship Revenant

Guest Mechwarrior

Chaotic evil... You may think you are perfect you may think you are right, Yet we know that you are criminals raiders and traitors of your own race and species. I eat your fighters for breakfast and you can have your words for lunch. I know who I am and no who I will be. I am no space pirate nor renagade. I only fight for what is right and true. I am a renagade in your eyes because no one believes in my cause. Those who wish freedom of themselves from orders and tyrenny are free to join. I will establish my base soon. Chaos from our souls is the hate for injustice. victory is winning that very battle against which we hate. Our actions are not injust or dishonorable they are for a cause yet unknown to you. I've put up with the mockery of GALCOM EARTHCOM and the INSURGENTS. I can take it no longer. If you wish to join me say so in your reply or e-mail me at my address on the profile. You will keep your, cruiser, rank, and honor. You wil be pushed to the edge, but no further, you will be of your own free will, the only thing that is given to you is a sense of honor glory, and the knowledge that you are a Black Panther.

------------------

Oh boy, this oughta be good. Anytime you guys want me to intervene, just say the word. From all accounts and for the sake of {RP}, I think MW is up for court-martial anyway.

...I'd better just get this out of way now that I'm here....

Jon's take on the Insurgent creed and cause is right on the mark and in line with my game universe. MW, take note.

MW, if the Insurgents won't have you (no, you cannot create a new fleet), then you are reduced to a Raider or some other game caste (there are lot of hostile castes to chose from, read your manual). When multiplayer is released in BC:3020AD, you and your friends can create an 'online fleet' which will only exist within that world and not part of my game universe.

At any rate, in light of these developments, you are now stripped of your GALCOM designation. Please remove the GCV tag from your sig. Since we don't know where you are, I guess you can keep the ship but you are neither GCV nor ECV or even ICV designation. You should use the UCV (Unregistered Command Vessel) tag from now on. That is my ruling.

So, next time you post, you should be using

UCV-DARK RIFT (Raider) in your sig. You can change the caste to anything you like (other than GALCOM, Earthcom, Military, Insurgent, Diplomat, Police) I only used Raider as an example. There is a new Mercenary caste in BC:3020AD anyway, so, you can use that now if you like.

Yes, I just made that whole UCV thing up as I was typing it and have updated the BC:3020AD manuscript accordingly. Anyone not belonging to a fleet, can use this and select any caste they like. You will be able to do the same thing in multiplayer anyway.

Supreme Commander D. Smart

GCV-Warmonger

GALCOM First Fleet

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 07-26-99).]

Guest Mechwarrior

I am Mechwarrior of the BPV (Black Panther Vessel) Black Panther.

------------------

MechWarrior of the BPV Black Panther. "Chaos comes from the depth of our souls, victory through our actions.With these we rule the galaxy unchallenged." I have been rejected by all fleets and castes. I have unofficialy made my own. I am part of a fleet known as the Black Panther. Fly the Black Panther Vessel, Black Panther. My Commanding officer is the leader he may be joining you very soon.

[This message has been edited by Mechwarrior (edited 07-26-99).]

Umm, Mech, SC just said that you can't start your own fleet, and that's basically what this is.

Just do his suggestion, UCV-Black Panther. That will work smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr Parias

ICV-Galatae

"I took this job because I love to blow sh*t up!"

Guest Mechwarrior

I know what he said and i know what he meant. I am causing no harm and i have insulted no one ive simply rattled some cages here and there.

------------------

MechWarrior of the BPV Black Panther. "Chaos comes from the depth of our souls, victory through our actions.With these we rule the galaxy unchallenged." I have been rejected by all fleets and castes. I have unofficialy made my own. I am part of a fleet known as the Black Panther. Fly the Black Panther Vessel, Black Panther. My Commanding officer is the leader he may be joining you very soon.

OK, everyone, say goodbye to Mechwarrior whose priviledges have been reduced to reading but not posting for a week.

MW, if you create another alias and I detect it, I'll ban you for life and you won't be able to get in, let alone read or post.

Spcfx, I see that it went just about that far! smile.gif

Lesson? Never, EVER, bring a knife to a gun fight! biggrin.gif

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Just Doin' What I can with What I got!