Another GalCom Commander

Chris Blair

I believe that Galatic Command has good intentions for the good of mankind.I believe that the Insergents have a silant secret and I wish to find out what.

I believe that the Insergents are here not for the betterment of mankind but to have full control of mankind.As for the other races I believe that GalCom has done a GREAT job of keeping the peace and prosparity in this Galaxey.

I am therefore regerstering to be a part of the Prime fleet in (Gal)atic (Com)mand to put a stop to this bloodshead that the Insergents have brought upon us.I would love to have the Flag of "PRIME" to spread fear into all of those who appose GalCom.

------------------

A fool chatters as the wiseman listens...

[This message has been edited by Chris Blair (edited 08-11-99).]

Something else is that before you apply to Prime, check out the other Fleet websites and see if one of them is more to your liking. I registered in Prime Fleet, and later found Wraith to suit my style more. So instead, I'm on TDY (Temporary Duty) assignment to Wraith.

As the Knight said in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade"...'Choose, but choose wisely.' It's good advice for anyone who hasn't already registered on the Commander's Roster should remember.

Respectfully yours,

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

Commander, SIN Wing

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way."

- John Paul Jones

[This message has been edited by Ben Somerset (edited 08-11-99).]

[RP]

GALCOM OFFICAL NOTICE

Anyone in Galcom space found associtated with the B.P squadron will be terminted. You have been warned.

WANTED

CMD SpacePhish is wanted for questining at the GalcomHQ. Anyone has any information about the wherebouts of S.Phish contact Galcom HQ. S.Phish was last seen near the mars region. He is armed and dangerous. If S.Phish is seen in your space region please Contact your local Earthcom force.

[This message has been edited by SpacePhish (edited 08-11-99).]

Guest Angel of Light

Believe what you will, your soul is there for the saving. But I must say that one does not become a slave when joining us, one merely agrees to embarking upon a glories destiny with the aid of other Insurgents. And yes we have a safe haven, how else do we stand against so blind a fool as Galcom? At least we are not hired guns.

------------------

Cmdr Angel of Light

ICV Revenant

Spectre Fleet

SpacePhish,

FYI - You can remove all the "This message has been edited by" comments during each additional edit, leaving only one. Scroll to the bottom of your post during the edit, and delete the message at the bottom. Just a little trick that's been past on to me.

------------------

Cmdr Mark Giao

GVC-Jackal

Official BC3K Tester

Guest Ron Wallin

I guess I get to be the heavy again.

Phish, you will remove any and all references to the Black Panther Squadron. Mech's and your request for official status as anything other than a UCV vessel has been denied.

The issue with new fleets/squadrons is currently under review. Until the final ruling, you are not allowed to use that sig.

I will give you some time to make the corrections. However, the message will be deleted if it's not edited when I return.

------------------

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

Spectre, Command Staff

Base Commander, The Dojo

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

Not to bust anyons bubble but I thought that this was a free country THAT MEANS FREEDOM OF SPEACH!You all made GCV-ICV-UCV and just beacuse we want to clame somting does not mean that you haft to agree with anyone that makes that clame.SC-as you say in the Smart Soapbox that as long as it is not threateing to someone than we can say it.It is a game and has nothin to do with real life so I am wantong to know why do you say that we can't use certan terms?

The country is free, this site is paid for by Derek, thus he can create whatever rules he desires on his site. If you do not enjoy playing by the rules set forth, you can design your own game, your own site and post whatever you like under your rules.

I understand that it is his site and that he brings his one money into this site but most of this is about bc3020ad and everyone here is planning on buying the game so people should be able to make up there one thang.I respect that this is his site but to have a good a very stable game that many people play you need to be open to the people and I didn't hear this from the SC anyway it was from Ron Willin.

------------------

A fool chatters as the wiseman listens...

Chris,

I disagree, If everyone was allowed to do whatever they wanted here, This site would be a mess. This site is not about BC3020, it is about the complete Battlecruiser experience (past, present and future titles).

The game and the site are 2 entirely different items, The simulation is great without the site and vice versa.

Mr. Wallins is a moderator at this site, his job is to maintain some type of order here, I would heed to his suggestions. Enjoy what you have here. When 3020 becomes available, I'm sure new possiblities will present themselves. Until then play by the rules.

------------------

Cmdr Mark Giao

GVC-Jackal

Official BC3K Tester

[This message has been edited by SpcFX (edited 08-11-99).]

Chris,

I see you forgot where you left that spellchecker again, now didn't you? smile.gif

As for Ron Willin, that's Ron W A L L I N. If he says something here, then trust what he says. Last time I checked, This was HIS Forum to moderate. That means, should the SC not agree with what he's said or done, He would have known about it in time to already have corrected it. He'd have also appologized to anyone that he had offended. I see no such appology, and I don't see his post edited by Derek, Myself, or Pandora. Pay close attention to these last three names while you are at it. These three, Myself included, have Administrator Athority on the entire site. If we see something that is not right, WE are charged with fixing it with whatever measures or means necessary to ensure that it is fixed and the integrity of this site is maintained. This means, should you not understand what I am alluding to here, Enough is Enough! I do not enjoy being the disciplinarian here, but if forced, I am most certainly up to the task. You say that you are a professional game player, why not just try to be a professional? This site has rules, and if you cannot follow them without sniveling about not getting what you want, or always finding the conflictual posts to jump in on, try taking your postings to another site. This one will be closed to you, should you continue sailing in these troubled seas. Why not just be a gamer here and have fun? The rest of us certainly are trying to do just that.

Thank You,

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Just Doin' What I can with What I got!

Guest Ron Wallin

You didn't have to be that drastic, Space. I enjoyed your posturing smile.gif Thank you, though, for removing the references.

It's not that you and Mech won't be able to create the group. Right now, however, there is some question about where the line between multiplayer and role-play is going to be drawn (if there is to be any line at all).

Once that's figured out, I'm sure your and Mech's idea will become a welcomed addition to the universe.

Thank you, everyone, for being patient.

------------------

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

Spectre, Command Staff

Base Commander, The Dojo

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

Cool Ron. I thought I was in the deep you know what. That's cool, everybody let's don't worry and be happy smile.gif. We're all here for game, we all love the game. Why fight each other. [rp]Wait before you get too comfortable with me let me draw the line here with my ION gun. Rest In Peace!! [/rp]

BTW let me praise again what the S.C has done here. It finally hit me(again) how amazing this game. Whoever said the graphics for this game sucked is a fool.

Let me explain. I have been playing BC3k in Software mode for the past few weeks. Finally I got my new PIII500 128meg AGP today. I hooked up my Vodoo3, OH MY GOD this game is sooooo beautiful in 3DFX!!! I finally notice how much diffrence it makes to the game. Graphics in BC3k RULE!!!

The point is I got my brand new spanking comptuer system and I just can't resit the urge to brag wink.gif Heee...I'm getting 85 FPS here, 85 FPS !!! ya'll. And my internet connection is ssooooo amazingly fast, god I'm going to wipe some butt in MP games.

Dream on for those people who don't have a SUPER SUPER cool system like I do...Rest in peace..

[This message has been edited by SpacePhish (edited 08-12-99).]

Rattler-I am sorry that I have upset you in such a manor.I was just wandering why everyone was getting upset by just a few different sayings that mean almost if not the same thang.I have just been getting upset by other people that have jumped on others beacuse they say somting that is not said right, some people don't know what they should say and they put in what they best can thank of what to say.

Some people don't know of fraze changes in That have accourd in just just 1 day, they need time to get comfortable with what they should and told to say.

Thank you

No problem here Chris. All I was trying to get across, and not just to you but to everyone out there was that Those little tags that you see to the left, such as Moderator, Administrator, Member, etc... Really do mean something here. The longer you hang around, the more responsibility you should gain, and the more pride in this site you should experience. There are certainly some rules here, and always have been. Furthermore, they will always be here unless Derek removes them. When a Moderator, etc. tells you something here, one should pay attention to what he said. If he said "Quit using that designator," That's what he meant. It didn't mean "It's up to discussion whether you use it or not." But we are all succeptable to human error. It's the nature of the beast. All I'm trying to do is prevent you guys from being deprived of the greatest game that ever was delivered to the public. It's going to be great. Don't ruin it for yourselves. I look forward to engaging in combat with any and all that can get on the server and find Insurgent One. Somebody's gotta win, It could be you! smile.gif"><P>Thanks,

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Just Doin' What I can with What I got!

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 08-12-99).]

Space... I need you to relax. We'll soon be able to build this squad offline and then bring it up and running in mp. For now When you menton the squad use the RP tag. It'll save you trouble with the SC. Thanx. Hang in there. We are alone in the gaming universe now we have no friends to help us. Luckily I've connected with a few people sypathetic to the cause. We'll be able to use an IS bas if we are unable to build our own for mp.

------------------

Commander Mechwarrior of the UCV Black Panther...

"Chaos come from the depths of our souls, victory through our actions. With these we rule the galaxy unchalenged." Leader of the Soon-to-be Black Panther Mercenary Squadron.

I'm surprised that Mech3, SpacePhish and Chris Blair are still able to post. Though I have authority over the site, Rattler hit the note spot on. I have appointed moderators and admin personnel for a specific reason. It seems that they are more lenient than I am.

Look, this site is supposed to be fun. It has been but for the odd moron or two. I'd like to keep it that way.

BC3K players are regarded in the industry as an elite group of players just by association with the game because of its difficult, high-end and advanced nature. The same way Falcon 4 players turn their noses up at Novalogic 'sims'. This is for a reason. Its because the average BC3K player, regardless of age, race, color or creed, is a disciplined person, eager to help another and willing to uphold the regs of this site as well as the integrity of the 'game' premise. I don't take my game world lightly because it took me years to build it. This franchise has cost me millions of dollars, though it is a drop in the bucket that other companies spend to promote their own franchise. In the industry 'brand name' is what sells products and gain recognition. It has to be solid, secure and fun for those who stand by said franchise. This is why, I protect it.

DeSylva sent me a proposal via email regarding the creating of groups in the multiplayer. As I suspected, it contained all the necessary ingredients to appease all sides and not lock out newbies or those who want to exist outside the normal framework of the game. I accepted and authorized it and I asked him to post it here. He has not done so, and I suspect that he is busy, so I will post it in the appropriate thread.

That said, there are two ways of locking people out of this site for conduct unbecoming a disciplined BC3K commander. One is to restrict posting access and the other is an outright ban and which prevents you even entering the site, so you won't be able to read nor post. Chris, you came this close to being locked out. Mech3 just came back from a 7 day stint in the brig. Though he was able to read but not post, imagine what it feels like to be on the outside looking in and not being able to participate. This will be your final warning. Of course, if Rattler and the others deem that you should be disciplined, then its up to them to carry that out, I won't veto their decision.

Multiplayer is coming and like the game itself, is going to be a remarkable experience. Its going to take everything you know about the game and the alliances you make on and offline, to be an elite. In fact, though time prevented me from doing the SDF campaign, I will be using the multiplayer universe to handle ranks and ratings, in short, our own dynamic roster which the server has the ability to track and update the main page here on the site. So, everyone will get a chance to be somebody in the universe, be it a commander of an elite team or a renegade raider in the outer rim. It won't do you much good if you can't access the official server to play because if you are banned from the site, you won't be able to log on any official server either, you will have to create your own and play with your friends. If you then decide to create your own rank structure, I won't care because you are not on any of my official servers.

Though BC:3020AD won't be out until Q1 2000, I have been toying with the idea of putting in basic multiplayer in the WIN32 port of BC3K v2.0x, slated as BC3K v3.0 (its a free upgrade) once Steve is finished his current task list. I don't have time to do it and since I've got the WIN32 port already finished, all thats needed is for him to put in the D3D renderer from BC:3020AD so that D3D and Glide 3D rendering are supported. I have been negotiating with the Roger Wilco guys to use their voice transmission engine (I got it for free) into BC:3020AD and I decided to use BC3K v3.0 as a test bed for it by using their voice recognition engine as well as their networking protocols to do it. This means that BC3K v3.0 will most likely have multiplayer and voice recognition as a test platform and will be used to fine tune BC:3020AD though it uses rTime, a different networking engine with support for a persistent universe and up to 1000 players per server (BCK Online).

Why am doing all this? Simple. The BC3K community is one which I built from the ground up and which I treasure. As I've said over and over, whether I gain a new user or not, is irrelevant because I have a large enough install base that I am comfortable with and as long as the titles in the series continue to provide enjoyment and push the limits, they will be the ones spreading the word and enhancing the experience. But, morons can't do that.

There are a lot of things going on back here that I don't talk about for a lot of reasons and I intend to keep it that way. The industry is highly competitive and full of copycats and wannabes, that alone is reason enough to strive for excellence and anything and everything that gives the edge.

Oh, about Freespace2 demo. I played it, like the graphics. We're creaming them. smile.gif They can compete with Starlancer, Tachyon, B5 etc. Nice looking shooters. We will remain the elite group and now that we have graphics to match Mrs Jones and the gang, we've already got the edge from a gameplay, multiplayer and longevity standpoint.

------------------

Supreme Commander D. Smart

GCV-Warmonger

GALCOM Prime Fleet

1st Quarter 2000? With bc3k v3.0 coming out before that? Start saving your pennies, Commanders!!

[RP ON]

Sev looked out at the assembly of Commanders, waiting anxiously for a full briefing from the Supreme Commander, as they had been for some time. It was finally drawing near. The waiting, the pacing, the sweating and the heartache, would be at an end soon.

Sev looked over at his Second in Command. "O'Neil," he said, "I think we're going to see some action before long."

[RP OFF]

------------------

Commander Badgerius, GCV Diligence

Hi.

As said, I AM busy, but I also don;t have any email from the SC concerning posting it here. Sorry about the delay! Thanks for posting it for me, SC, much appreciated.

As for multiplay, 1st Quarter 2000 means that a) I will have a paying job, B) I will be living in a city with internet access, and c) I will be doing shift work and as a result have free time to play. So even though I'll be fairly quiet for the rest of the year, expect the First Light, the ISS, and whatever new Squad I create, to be a big part of MP in 2000.

------------------

Commander DeSylva

GCV First Light ISS01 -=- ISS Fleet Coordinator

www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/9206/iss/

Official BC3K Tester and Blind Man With Sleeves award winner

"Serve - with honour."

Chris Blair, the next time I have to delete any of your off-topic posts or threads, I'm locking you out of the site. And you, I will never let back in.

This is the only warning that you will get.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 08-14-99).]