Insanity Loves Company

Blades

Greetings crew. This is an announcement is for the benefit of anyone and everyone who has an interest in the RP aspect of ÔÇÿThe GameÔÇÖ.

Shortly, I shall be starting a new RP thread based around the exploits of a fictional Battle Cruiser and crew. There will be several principle players involved in the scenario, as well as a variety of lesser participants in the primary story.

Of course, I cant allow this to be run as a complete free for all scenario, therefore the RP element of the tale will be told as part of crewmanÔÇÖs Personal, or official log entries.

The idea is for players to digest the main plot narrative, and write their characters own views and opinions of whatever event occurred in the plot. Later, I shall give an example.

The scenario that is planned is fairly rigid as far as the main plot goes, but there are several sub plots that an individual player can influence through their reports that will be taken into consideration whenever main plot narrative is updated. This isnÔÇÖt limited to main character intervention, although the principle players are more than likely to have an overall influence on the scenario. (If you have ever participated in a Live Role Playing event, this might make some sense to you.) However, anyone can make a difference in the grand scheme of things. Even a lowly crewman cleaning the goop out of a battle damaged plasma manifold can make a difference. Heroes are everywhere in BC fiction.

As before, each RP entry is to be headed with an [RP ON} and concluded with an [RP OFF]. Any additional comments to be made after the RP segment of the post has been concluded.

Each narrative segment will be started with an in game time segment. Each narrative segment will be concluded with a separate in game time segment.

Mission +3 hours 27 minutes / narrative Start

Mission +5 hours 54 minutes / narrative finish

Types of acceptable (And realistic) log entries can consist of status reports, personal log entries (Suitable for long in game narrative segments), scuttlebutt (Gossip amongst the lower ranks) and anything else that fits within the scenario.

Everything in the RP is to be posted as that particular crewmans point of view, and should be carefully considered before going to print. Actions that are commited against fellow crewmembers will have serious repercussions for everyone involved in the RP one way or another.

Should anyone be considering taking any particular action that will influence the main plot of the scenario and might invalidate game continuity, please get in touch with me directly for a quick conference to sort it out.

Players should avoid writing decisive statements in their RP entries. It would be more realistic, and helpful to me if a player ÔÇÿhintedÔÇÖ at a possible action rather than a decisive one. That way, I can incorporate elements that I feel are in line with the theme of the plot without having to commit to a plot line that may not sit well with the scenario.

Example RP

Mission + 4 hours 17 minutes / [RP On]

Crewman Heresun Exampleofski Duty Log

I got down to engineering seconds after the chiefs order to assist the damage control team in the launch bays was cut short by a huge explosion. Engineering was a mess. The damage inflicted by the Insurgent Warmonger was more severe than the bridge systems had indicated. ThereÔÇÖs ÔÇ£probablyÔÇØ a breakdown in the damage control and analysis part of the main computer. IÔÇÖll ÔÇ£attemptÔÇØ to manually route analysis functions directly from down here, rather than go by what the bridge systems are telling me. First, IÔÇÖll ÔÇ£tryÔÇØ to get an accurate sensor reading to see if there is anyone left alive in here, buried under the debris. I just hope one of the other work teams manages to shut down the coolant leak before it becomes a hemorrhage.

[RP OFF]

The following is an example of how the narrative would involve this particular entry into the plot.

Mission + 4 hours 18 minutes / [Narrative On]

Bridge damage was minimal, although a blown relay behind the TacOps station had flooded the area with thick, grey smoke.

ÔÇÿCommander!ÔÇÖ shouted Stanway from the logistics terminal. ÔÇÿMain computer has been hit, IÔÇÖm registering massive damage to the launch and medbay. Engineering isnÔÇÖt responding sir, but IÔÇÖm not detecting significant damage.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿOpinionÔÇÖs Mr. Stanway?ÔÇÖ asked the Commander.

ÔÇÿEither the comms systems to engineering is down, or the damage control and alalysis computer has taken a beating. It would be consistent with the reports IÔÇÖm getting from here.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿGet a crew down there immediately Stanway.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿAye sir, but what about our people in the launch bays?ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿWe cant depend on the damage control computers analysis of engineering right now Mr. Stanway, we need to get a team down there. The launch bays will have to wait.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿBut sir, if we pull teams off the launch bay, McAllister migh-ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿI understand what might happen Mr. Stanway. Now carry out your orders!ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿAye aye, sir!ÔÇÖ

Crewman Exampleofski, with the assistance of bypassed the shot security door override and manually cranked the emergency access door to engineering open. Plumes of smoke greeted him as the oxygen starved enviroment of engineering reached out like a suffocating man to grasp at the corridor behind them.

A sudden flash of yellow beyond the smoke barrier alerted Exampleofski to the fact that the fire surpression systems had been knocked out.

ÔÇÿDamage must be a lot worse than the bridge indicated.ÔÇÖ Coughed Exampleofski.

He backed away from the door and quickly fastened a breathing mask over his head.

Quickly, he took a portable scanner from his utility pouch and made hasty scans of the immediate area. The results were disturbing.

Briefly, he removed the breather and shouted over the roar of flames to his companion.

ÔÇÿGet across the deck and try to access the comms system. Inform the bridge we have a major problem down here.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿWhat kind of a problem?ÔÇÖ shouted .

Exampleofski ducked as something behind him in engineering exploded, sending fragments ricocheting off the nearby walls.

ÔÇÿWe lost the damage control computer and IÔÇÖm picking up a leak in the coolant system.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿHow bad is the leak?ÔÇÖ

Exampleofski looked grimly at him. ÔÇÿItÔÇÖs bad. If we donÔÇÖt get the fire suppression systems back online quickly, and get a team in there to seal it, we could lose the entire ship in a matter of minutes.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿDid you detect any survivors in there?ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿIÔÇÖm not picking up any life signs, but theres an awful lot of interference. If I know Chief Spencer, heÔÇÖs managed to find something convenient to hide behind.ÔÇÖ

With that, ExampleofskiÔÇÖs companion took of down the corridor, looking for a functional comms panel to pass on the report to the bridge.

[Narrative Off]

Of course, this is just a quick example. Theres no way every RP segment could be incorporated into each new narrative, but all efforts will be made to accommodate everyone sooner or later.

And yes, I know this is going to be extremely difficult and complicated to oversee and write consistently with, but it should be worth it IF people remember to keep within the constraints I have briefly touched upon here.

I have no idea if this is going to work in reality, since everyone has their own ideas as to how they may want things to progress. Bottom line is, the plot is there as a guide for participating players. You all have creative freedom, but be careful not to commit to anything that may force a massive plot contradiction that could pull it all down around out heels.

I will shortly post a selection of principle scenario characters, and I expect people to claim them quickly. First come, first served basis. Other characters (Those not principally named) can be brought into the fold at any time, in any place. Just remember that whoever you write for has to be either a marine, flight engineer, medic etc . .

Guests and prisoners may be permitted, but you should approach me first before committing to anything.

Having said all that, if anyone has any suggestions, helpful ideas or criticisms, please post it here so I can help to bring some sense of order to this proposal.

With any luck, we should be able to start within the week . .

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tres, tres, Cool. I'm in.

I don't think I want a principle character, though. Something like System Engineer #16 would be great. I've always wondered just how much these guys know of what's going on outside...

[RP ON]

The klaxon and red flashing lights woke Jones from a sound sleep, and he had just sat up when an explosion knocked him to the deck. His wristcom was ordering him to fix damage in missile bay 2.

"What the h#&@ is going on out there? Those S#$% for brain officers are off their rockers again!"

Just then gravity cut out, and a floating Jones heard the computer calmly state that life support was offline. As he kicked off the ceiling, he noticed a form standing in the hall. His muddled brain calmly catalogued the sight: Gammulan, marine markings, a really big gun.

"Oh man, if I ever get out of this, I'm going to kill that Commander."

[RP OFF]

Oh yes, I'm in. Very, very, in. Chris Jones, System Engineer 3rd class, at your service. (Feel free to change this to fit your story)

------------------

Commander Badgerius, GCV Diligence

Badgerius, thats well on track as to the general style of how I want this to go.

However, since It will be my job to interpret 'How' the character fits within the scenario, I would prefer to see players exploits written not from a narrative standpoint, but from a personal standpoint.

For example, I've taken your excellent insight and modified it to suit the format I am persuing. Hold on . .

Crewman Jones

Emergency Log Entry

Mission + 2 hours 34 minutes

[RP ON]

The klaxon and red flashing lights woke me [Jones] from a sound sleep, and I had just sat up when an explosion knocked me to the deck. My wristcom was ordering me to fix damage in missile bay 2.

I found myself shouting "What the h#&@ is going on out there? Those S#$% for brain officers are off their rockers again!"

Just then gravity cut out, and I found myself floating and heard the computer calmly state that life support was offline. Kicking off the ceiling, I noticed a form standing in the hall. My muddled brain calmly catalogued the sight: Gammulan, marine markings, a really big gun.

Unwisely, I found myself speaking out loud again. "Oh man, if I ever get out of this, I'm going to kill that Commander."

[RP OFF]

Hope this is to your liking, but if you have any additional comments or suggestions as to how this is going to go (This is open to everyone, so everyone should have a say) then please post here, or mail me directly.

*** I'd love to be able to allow everyone complete RP freedom in the main thread, but with so many tallented writers out there each submitting good work, the main plot would suffer continuity paradoxes (I had to work that word in there, just love it smile.gif) and would fall apart very easily. At this stage, I believe the core narrative should be set, although influenced by fine examples, like Badgerius's, and worked into the main narrative. But please, if you have better ideas, let me know.***

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

Hey blade. Can I join in on the fun too?? Please........ I'm pretty imagintive. I can also write if I put my mind to it, so can I pleaseeeeeeeeeeeesssssss. I want to play!!

-------------------------------------------

Marine #07 Galan Jackson

Mission +2 34 minute

RP/ON

Intruder report #45001

Private Jackie Chan and I was in on routine patrol near Engineer quarters when the kalxon sounded. Just moments ago at 1433 hours our ship was ambushed by an massive Gummlan fleet. Then at 1434 3 Gummlan marine martialized about 50 yards to our 8'o clock position. Behind them was a enginerr I knew, Jones 3rd class. We talk sometimes at the galley. My trainning quickly kicked in as I fired 6 round at the Gummlan marine. It struck 1 marine in the head and the other in the chest. The other marine mange to fire off 1 round before Jackie terminated him......

RP/OFF

As you can see I'm not very good at writing, but I can manage to play along smile.gif

Also in the future when I post I will run it though a spellchecker.

[This message has been edited by SpacePhish (edited 08-17-99).]

Welcome aboard Phish.

You and anyone else are welcome to participate, so long as everyone understands the basic guidelines outlined in the above posts.

Also, I shall be putting up the names of the principle characters later on. To claim a character, you need just regester it in a post here, and drop me a mail for confirmation.

More to follow.

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

Guest Angel of Light

This sound cool. I'm in.

[RP ON]

Marine #07 Jackie Chan

Mission +2 34 minute

RP/ON

Intruder report #45001

Moving as backup for Galan Jackson I saw the Gummlan Invader after him. Another crew member, an engineer, had also spotted the invader, and looked somewhat unhappy. Galan opened up on him, but the short burst wasn't enough. It took three taps from my weapon to finally put it down. The wall next to my head was smoking from return fire. I looked at Galan and mouthed: "$$$$".

[RP OFF]

------------------

Cmdr Angel of Light

ICV Revenant

Spectre Fleet

This is aka writing in first person

Now for a sadistic point-of-view . I think all will know what side this is from wink.gif

[rp]

Warrior T'ch'k

Gammulan Marine #4 of 4

Mission +2 34 Minute

Main Hatch, Engineering Section

Three of us were cut down by third rate terran hostiles. I cannot allow this. They failed to cover their six; just as the intelligence section had briefed us, before we beamed aboard this coachroach infected hunk of debris, on terran battle tactics.

I pulled three pineapples from my battle harness; pulled their pins; and threw them at the terran swines that killed my battle brothers. One pineapple is a concussion grenade; one pineapple is a smoke grenade; and the remaining pineapple is a gas grenade - a gas that attacked a terran's nervous system. Causing massive and uncontrollable body spasisms, sudden confusing behavior, loss of muscle and bowel control, and the end result for terrans is always terminal. There is no known cure. Gotta luv geneticly tailored biological and chemical weapons.

I see two terrans twitching on the deck. My battle-vid senses movement above my position. I scan the overhead visually and see nothing. I switch from normal to IR sensors. There is a heat source close to the overhead. I swing my heavy assault laser rifle and draw a bead on the mass of heat with both the IR and Laser Target designator sighting system. A blue dot appears center mass on the heat mass floating near the overhead...

I Breath...

I Relax...

I Aim...

I Squeez the trigger.

The resulting 10 round burst surprised me. I forgot that I had set my heavy assualt laser rifle to full automatic fire. I changed the selector switch to three-round burst. Power pack charge is 99.8976%

I tuck and roll to my left, stopping next to some type of equipment console. I take cover behind/beside it. Reaching into my battle harness, I pull out, activate, and toss a proximety mine close to where my previous position was. With my six somewhat covered, I high/low crawled towards the equipment 15 meters from my position. There is at least one terran left; where is it...?

...mine is not to reason why; mine is to kill terrans or...

....to be continued....

[rp/]

Sorry Blades, I couldn't resist temptation wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 08-17-99).]

This is fun. I can't wait until it starts in earnest!

meanwhile...

[RP ON]

Crewman Jones

Emergency log entry

Mission + 2 hours 35 minutes

Personel quarters 1

Oh my god! My leg! My leg! The agony! MEDIC!!!!!

[RP OFF]

------------------

Ok gang, here is the list of principle characters involved in the scenario.

As the principle players, these guys get to have the most direct influence on the

Narrative, but as those that have posted before have illustrated, even a lowly engineer

Or marine can make an impression.

Heres a break down of the ship, her crew, and her mission.

Battle Cruiser GCV Chikuma

Mission : Extended patrol of Sirius system

Crew Compliment : 117 enlisted men and officers

3 guests (Terran Diplomat w/ daughter and Terran Scientist)

Commander : Ted Stone (Non Player Character)

Flight Officer : Tamara Jensen

Navigation Officer : Ailsa Strang

Comms Officer : Paul Reynolds (Non Player Character)

Combat Officer : Neena Polovoski

Medical Officer : Martin Summers

Chief Engineer : Thomas Spencer

Research Engineer : James Tarrant (Non Player Character)

IC1 Pilot : Banish

IC1 CO Pilot : BigTone

IC2 Pilot : Shodan

IC2 Co Pilot : Gambit

IC3 Pilot : Shadow

IC3 CO Pilot : Pancake

IC4 Pilot : Diesel

IC4 Co Pilot : Blackjack

Marine Company Sgt : Phil Diamond

These characters are the principle players in the scenario. If you want to play one of them, post on this thread immediately to avoid dissapointment. (Cheap commercial, anyone?) There are, of course about a hundred other crewmembers on ship, so there are lots to choose from. Characters that find themselves killed off for one reason or another

Can quite easily take control of any other pleb they feel like. Players should avoid flitting

Between random crewmembers if it can be helped at all. The best way to advance the scenario is to play it out with the chosen characters, and see what happens.

Anyhow, make you claim.

Providing everything goes as planned, we should begin within the next few days.

Oh, and I have avoided selecting a mission date this far because I want to get some input from the other RP authors as to a suggested time frame for the scenario. If you got suggestions, let me know ASAP.

This is going to be very interesting . . .

Oh, Gallion. Your a monster. smile.gif

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

[This message has been edited by Blades (edited 08-17-99).]

The temptation is too great, I must resist... Ah what the heck, put me down as the Nav Officer.

Quick question: Can I keep Jones too, if there is space?

Ailsa Strang... Hmmm... Ailsa is a guy, so his name is the Irish spelling of the Danish name Ilse. (I'm making this up, so I don't know if Ilse is a Danish name or not.)

And he's from the most likely place for such a horribly spelled mix of cultures to exist... Canada! (My home)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Badgerius (edited 08-17-99).]

[rp on]

-------

GALCOM OPERATIONS LOG

Mission Time: +2 hours, 36 minutes

IC3 Pilot, Shadow, operating number: 3667524

SUBJECT: Emergency Log Entry #3509a

EMERGENCY LOG BROADCAST OVER INSHIP COMMS SYSTEMS ACTIVATED

"Whoever is accessing this, get yourself armed NOW!!! There are Gams' all over the ship and they're attacking everything! I am making my way to IC3 as we speak, so if there are marines in the vincinity of the ship, keep it held down!"

END INSHIP BROADCAST

(narrative on)

On my perilous journey to my IC, I passed an engineer- or what looked like one (his uniform was blackened), holding his leg...I wanted to stop and help, but my problems were greater...

"MEDIC!!! MEDIC TO PERSONNELL QUARTERS 1! WE HAVE A CREWMEMBER DOWN!!!"

I continued down the hall, ducking a blast from the left. A systems status computer had shut down, and the capacitance modulation regulators overheated, causing the console to explode in a shower of sparks. I saw the red flashes of the fire warning indicators light up the hall behind me.

"Jesus! Where'd they come from!?"

Instinct kicked in...

"Computer," I said into my WristCom, "Access TacOps and give me a readout of all enemy craft located outside of our ship!"

A list came up on the tiny screen, and a hardly audible voice began to read off the names of the various Gammulan ships outside.

1 Stormcarrier Class Carrier

3 Aestrom Class Battleships

2 Warmonger Class Battleships

12 P-21 Class Support Fighters

6 L-Fighter Class Support Fighters

Would you like a list of non enemy craft in our system?

"No..."

I continued running...at the end of the smoke filled corridor were 2 Gammulan Marines...they had their backs turned, so I ducked into a sahdowy corner, knowing they wouldnt see me.

"...access PerScan and calculate the fastest route to IC3 Launch bay, and make sure that there are no intruders are on the way..."

The list began to scroll and the tiny voice began to read off directions. An explosion in the hallway ahead of me followed by the dying screams of Gammulan soldiers made me grin...I turned down the hall and saw 3 of our Marines eager to greet me. One of them had a huge gash on his right shoulder.

"Why the hell arent you in your quarters where it's safe?!" the tallest of the Soldiers barked at me as he approached from the battle scene...

"Oh! You're a pilot! Let's go, men! We gotta get this guy to his IC! PRONTO!!!"

They began to move, one heading the group, and two behind.

"I'm going to IC3," I yelled to the one up front. He nodded, and we rounded another corner, heading for the closest turboshaft.

[rp off]

------------------

Commander Niclolai Chasseur

GCV-Trou Noir

GALCOM, Orion Fleet

"But you said rat poison only

killed rats..." Hitlers last words.

Thats the spirit guys! Just dont blow all the good material on practice, the main event gonna be a hoot.

Oh, Ailsa Strang is a female crewmember. I dont know if Ailsa dutch or nothing, but the Ailsa I'm thinking off was def a chick. At least, I hope so.

Hmmm, lets not make this an issue.

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

I'm game for the thread. Just wondering if it would be possible to play some kind of marine assigned to protect the diplomat and his/her daughter. If not, I'm more than willing to go in on behalf of one of the IC pilots (Shodan).

I sent you an e-mail of the same message. This is here in case it doesn't go though. My account has been having troubles lately.

------------------

Commander David Foss, GCV Deterrence

Hey let me play the IC-4 pilot Diesel. I will upload a good post later on. I'm good at writing flight sim actions. I used to read lots of fighter novels.

Am I allowed to take on another charater? Say I want to be a marine also. Can I do that?

RP/ON

-----

GALCOM operation logs

Mission +2hours +34minutes

Flight LOG #4123

IC-4 Pilot Diesel #423200

I was off duty in the galley when we were hit. I was knocked unconcisness by the shock wave. I woke up with a splitting headache., just in time to hear shadow on the emergency broadcast.

"Whoever is accessing this, get yourself armed NOW!!! There are Gams' all over the ship and they're attacking everything! I am making my way to IC3 as we speak, so if there are marines in the vicinity of the ship, keep it held down!"

Damn Gams?? What the hell is going on? Quickly I head out of galley and toward launch bay.

I lurched upon 2 fallen marines, their blistered body told me what happened. They were hit by Gam biological grenades. Damn nasty ones. I grabbed few grenades and rifle off one of the marines. Don't recognize him, too blistered from the chemicals. Godamn! What a terrible way to die.

Well those Gam's going to be pay. They don't who they're dealing with. Where I'm from, when one of your own dies, there going to be retaliation. Those damn Gams don't know about the slum I used to live in, don't know about what I had to do to survive. I'm no stranger to killing, they will die if they come face to face with the Diesel.

I quickly round another corner, suddenly came face to face with 2 Gummlan marines. They had their back to me, and was aiming and the far end of the hall where I couldn't see. With the speed of lighting I lobbed 2 grenades at the Gam *******s, ducked behind a wall for cover. An ear splitting explosion announced the dismissal of those two Gam *******s.

Did I ever tell you how much I love the screaming of Gam's? It's like music to my ears. They have a very unusual high pitched scream, kind like the aliens on that old 2D movie I watched when I was surfing on the net . Now I am bending over a tacops station, scanning for the nearest route to hanger without intruders. Seems like our B.C is in some deep sh!!, we are surrounded by a load of Gam *******s. The worst part is we are the only Galcom ship in the system. What hell are those fools doing up in the bridge? How did the hell did they not see a shi! load of Gams jumping right

under our nose? Hell into our noses. Not good at all, especially in a few moments I will be in the thick of it with those bloody *******s sadists. But I know I got skills, soon they will know the taste of the skills learned the hard way all those years with my sweat and blood.

I arrived at the hanger without further incidents. On my way here I passed several bodies of crewman, all blistering from that chemical grenade the Gam love so much. Some section of the hull were totally shot to hell, but not breached yet. I braced myself for another explosion that ripped though the hanger. Knocking down those who were unprepared. I saw Shadow and Pancake strapping into their Interceptors. I gave them the thumb up sign, they will need some luck to survive this. Today we will all need it badly it seems like. I ran over to my Interceptor and begin to get into my flight suit. All of a sudden I was knocked flat on my feet as another shock wave traveled though the ship.

John the flight engineer assigned to my I.C was there to brief me.

"Diesel, you know what kind of shi! we are in?" I can hear the obvious stress in his voice.

"Yep, I know we got couple of them *******s out there."

" listen man we got 1 stormcarrier....." John goes on but I wasn't listening. I knew what was

out there, my mind is racing ahead though all the tactics I learned at flight school. Shadow and I were to only 2 pilots made it to the hanger. 2 Vs many, too damned many. The odds are not good at all. We might be heading straight toward our grave right this moment. Fate is a weird thing. I don't like it bit, but I never question it. Either I will die or I don't die. It's all very simple concept. I'm not a bit scared, I been near death so many times, deep down I welcome the feelings of death. It gives me the energy that keeps on driving me all those years. I can stay calm even tho I'm surronded by death and destruction.

"the BC hull is down to 53%, he are listening?" John eyed me.

"yep, let's cut the crap, I will deal with it once I get out there. Now strap me in."

I climbed up the ladder and pulled my self into the cockpit of I.C All system seemed nominal. I buckled up my seat belt as I begin to do my preflight checklist. The chatter over the comlink was chaotic, I tuned into the I.C channel with my mental link. I begin to communicate with Shadow.

"Shadow what's the status your I.C?"

Then suddenly I reliaze something, where the hell is my co-pilot?

"John, where the hell is B.J???"

"D, that's what I been trying to tell you. But you weren't listening."

"Alright, whatever. Damn, I can't leave without a co-pilot!"

Just then my com channel link with flight control opened up. It was one of the flight controller up in the bridge. Janet I think.

"Intercepter 4. Repeat scramble, this is not a drill" No kidding, how many dead bodies did I saw on my way here I thought to myself.

"Roger control. Launching in 60 seconds"

Damn BlackJack. I knew I should't made him drink too hard last night. Now he's probly somewhere in his bunk dead asleep. Oblivius of what's happening. Worst he could be blistering all over now from the Gam chemicals. Then suddenly from the corner of my eyes I caught Black Jack running up to the Intercepter.

"Yo D! I'm glad you're here man. Ready to rock? " Black Jack grined at me as John help him slip into his flight suit. Seconds later he was strapped into the cockpit behind me. Doing his preflight checklist.

"Alright Black. What's up?"

"Damn I was got into a firefight with some Gam's back there."

Black Jack and I been buddies for years. Since flight school back on earth. We grew up in completly diffrent envirments. He's parent are some of the most powerful people in Galcom. While I grew up in the hell that they call Los Angeles. Dispite our diffrences we are best friends. We trust each other complete. Probloly due to our diffrences, we like each because we both lacked some qualities the other had. And he's a damn good Co-pilot too. There isn't anybody else on this ship that I would rather have saving my six.

Now back to task at hand.....I prepared for the launch. I always enjoyed the last seconds of calmness before I steped into the chaos of space.

"Ready Black Jack?" I send a mental link into my in flight link.

"Ready when your are D. Ready to ride."

A thin smile crossed my face. Some things will never change.

RP off

Sorry can't go on anymore, I got to head for work. Post later.

"Power to the have-nots. I think I heard a shot"

Rage Against the Machine.

[This message has been edited by SpacePhish (edited 08-17-99).]

Hmmm... playing a female character is something I don't do often, so why don't I just be the chief Engineer, Thomas Spencer.

[RP ON]

Engineer Spencer

Repair log

Mission +3 hours

Officer's Quarters

The ship's in bad shape. Life support has been partially repaired, but deck 3 is flooded with radiation, and the cargo bay which had the cleanup kits has a nice, Vagrant sized hole in it. The reactor is making funny noises, too. To top it all off, that lazy A@# Jones got his leg shot off! The main computer lost some of it's spare storage space, which isn't critical, but if I hear one more "where's my net game?" I'm gonna scream!

[RP OFF]

------------------

Practice? I think this already started Blades *G*.

Kewl, here I go! Sign me up as a Medic!

*RP ON*

Log Entry

Medic #7 Jayce Allen

Galcom ID: NM771208

Mission Time: +2 Hours 37 Minutes

The ship has been crawling with hostiles for the last few minutes, casualties had been reported amongst the crew..lucky for me, they had all been fatal, no need to get out of Medibay at this time... good thing we have some Marines here too. Don't get me wrong, its not that I don't like the grunts, heck I had undergone Marine training before becoming a medic, but the Sgt. Master had kicked me out in the middle of the course because I "was slow moving". Hah, I hope he gets shot one day and get me as his lifeline to medibay, then he will see just how slow I can really be...

"MEDIC!!! MEDIC TO PERSONNELL QUARTERS 1! WE HAVE A CREWMEMBER DOWN!!!" the ship's intercom screamed.

"DAMN" I thought to myself, that was my team's area. I looked around and found my team leader staring back at me. He pointed towards a medkit, then me, then the door.

"DAMN" I cursed softly, clenching my teeth as I ran out the door, nabbing the Medkit on the way out. That's what I get for signing up with the navy... send the expendable green peas to get shot at.My first cruise and I was going to bite it.

I left Medibay at full speed just they expected me to, but I slowed down to a cautious jog after I was out of their line of sight... I may be slow but I aint stupid enough to run into a Gammulan laser blast.

The air was filled with the acid smell of laser-induced ozone as I neared Personnel Quarters 1, I could hear some heavy fighting nearby. I had picked up a laser rifle from a dead Marine a while back, and by the spirits, I was ready to use it if someone got between me and my patient. Entering PQ1, I found the wounded crewman surrounded by his friends, I hastily knocked them away and started treating his injury...

"What??? I came all the way here, risking my neck for a miserable LEG WOUND?" I cried out before I could think of something better.. bedside manners were not one of my best qualities. Grudgingly, I opened the Medkit.

The man screamed as I applied the cauterizing agents..

"I sure hope the grunts keep them away from us, lots of people here and only one medkit" I said to myself, and the weight of the laser rifle strapped to my back made me feel a bit more comfortable.

"Medic Allen to Sickbay, I am treating a Leg Wound, messy but not life threating, send some Marines here to guard the door, there's lots of people here"

More screams...

=End Log Entry=

*RP oFF*

IMHO, we should all keep ONE character, remember there are limited slots :-).

[This message has been edited by Tac (edited 08-17-99).]

Hmmmmm. Looks like the bunch from the lower decks are gettin to have all the fun.

Maybe I'll just kill off the command staff, and let the non coms fly the damned thing.

Anyhow, need more participants, so dont be tardy.

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

This is getting good! Sign me up!

RP ON

Personal Log Entry

Marine #17 Charlie Wilson

Mission plus 2 hours 36 minutes

Deck 3 mid corridor

I was on patrol duty when these klaxons went off and everything started to go mad. When I heard the word Gammulans shouted a couple of times, I knew that this wasn't a good situation to be in. A couple of jump anomalies had appeared just down the corridor from me, so I rolled a grenade at them before anything appeared, and set my rifle to rapid fire. I ducked round a corner in the corridor and looked round again after the blast wave had passed. I didn't need the rifle. I wasn't sure how many Gams came through those anomalies, and I wasn't going to hang around to work it out, but none of them would be making any more trouble.

I heard screams down near engineering. I went to investigate, accessing perscan. I got the exact location of one Gammulan and one of our guys. I headed for the main hatch, but something on the floor caught my eye. Proximity mine. That was going to make things tricky. I rechecked perscan then gauged up the ricochet shot. I worked it out, set my rifle grenades to a two second delay and fired two off the opposite wall of the corridor, aiming to place one each side of him. They went where I aimed and detonated, then I blasted the mine and backed off. I think I got him.

RP OFF

Sorry Gallion, but I couldn't resist temptation either. Maybe you survived it, or you can be someone else. It would be a fitting end for a warrior, though, I should think.

Bye for now,

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky GCV Svoboda

ISS Fleet

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

Whenever I get knocked off after making a long post ( which I always think was a good one) I think someone is looking out for me.

Suggestions? Play catch-up as director and let her rip.

Talk killed the last big RP thread that was attempted.

Charles

Ok, this is getting insane (And who says it was an inapropriately named thread) with all the RP stuff goin on, even before the real story gets goin.

To business.

Since everyone nice n eager to get this monster goin, I've decided to unleash the first narrative on you tomoz evening, about 7pm EST. Those people who have selected characters are more than welcome to use them, and if you want to use a lesser personality over the course of the story, then I spose you can. Anyone wishing to join in should first mention an interest in the thread, then select a character and await approval before jumping in.

Anyhow, thats it. I'll post the roster of who's playin who as I get updates, and as long as everything goes as planned, we be in business by this time tomoz night.

Until then, keep those creative juices a flowin. This gonna be so cool.

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

If IC1 Pilot Banish's position is open, I would be glad to fill it. I'm looking forward to the 'actual' beginning of this RP.

Regards,

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

Prime Fleet

Commander, SIN Wing

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way."

- John Paul Jones

Guest Angel of Light

I'd like to be Combat Officer : Neena Polovoski, if thats cool with you Blades.

Cheers

------------------

Cmdr Angel of Light

ICV Revenant

Spectre Fleet

Well, since this is practice I don't feel to bad Ben wink.gif

[rp]

Warrior T'ch'k

Gammulan Marine #4 of 4

Mission +2 36.5 Minute

All terran lifeforms have been eliminated in my area. Time to move on to my objective.

As I rose from my covered position, a glint of light from cornor of my right eye caught my attention. What is that, I asked myself before realizing what a terran I was. Two oblong oblects landed at either side of me close to my combat boots. I dove forward in a futile attempt of survival. You idiot, I thought as I was bracketed and tossed across the engineering space when the oblong objects detonated. Another explosion followed, one that I faintly heard as I smashed into the bulkhead, arsefirst.

Time stood still. A heart beat begame an eturnity. I life flashed before my eyes then stopped and all went dark. I brilliant white light appeared, beakoning for me to follow. Could this be...? It must be! The myths and legends are true. I have died a warrior's death and am now going to...

[rp/]

Ok Blades, put me down as ye monster. IOW, I will portray the Gams or what not wink.gif

Charles - Suggest ye use notepad, then copy/paste/post.

TTFN wink.gif