Insanity Loves Company

Blades

ÔÇ£Preemptive StrikeÔÇØ, the new [RP] thread will begin this evening at approx 1900 EST.

The start of this scenario has been brought forward a few days to accommodate all

Those eager beavers who have been, um, ÔÇÿExperimentingÔÇÖ these last few days. IÔÇÖve taken heed of warnings that if it donÔÇÖt get it rolling now, the momentum may slip away and it never gets a chance to really shine. So, expect the opening narrative this evening.

The following is a breakdown of the characters involved in play, and who will be playing them. Check back here often to see updates on who is who and who has been killed off.

All RP elements are to be written in the main RP thread, and in the style that I have previously described in the opening post. TRY not to get carried away with what your character is doing, and please, donÔÇÖt make any rash postings that will threaten to invalidate the main plot. If in doubt, mail me with details first. I will reply as swiftly as possible. I donÔÇÖt want to dictate how your characters interact in the plot, but I donÔÇÖt want the plot taken too far off course by individual characters postings. If youÔÇÖre not clear on this point, check out some of the previous examples, espech in the opening and follow up posts in this thread. As time and experience go by, this may change, so again, check back here often for updates.

All comments regarding the RP thread, but not actually RP entries, please post here.

Speculation as to where the plot is going can be dangerous, as any RPGÔÇÖer knows, the Ref is always listening and just itching to bollock up your best-laid plans. So, for your own good, try to be discreet.

FLIGHT OFFICER TAMARA JENSEN =

NAVIGATION OFFICER AILSA STRANG =

COMBAT OFFICER NEENA POLOVOSKI = Angel of Light

MEDICAL OFFICER MARTIN SUMMERS = Ben Zwycky

CHIEF ENGINEER THOMAS SPENCER = Badgerius

IC1 PILOT BANISH = Ben Somerset

IC1 CO PILOT BIGTONE =

IC2 PILOT SHODAN = David Foss

IC2 CO PILOT GAMBIT =

IC3 PILOT SHADOW = Nicholai Chasseur

IC3 CO PILOT PANCAKE =

IC4 PILOT DIESEL = SpacePhish

IC4 CO PILOT BLACKJACK =

MARINE COMPANY SGT DIAMOND = Ron Wallin

The above are the main characters that have been assigned to various players.

Those wanting to play any of the vast number of non coms on ship can do so, but try to stick with whatever character you select until such a time as you are shot, blown up, incinerated, exposed to vacuum, stabbed, melted, torn in half, nerve stapled or thrown in the brig. That way, we donÔÇÖt get one player posting a dozen or so logs and makin my life even more of a nightmare than it already is.

An, um . . how come nobody wants to play any of the co-pilots, or company sgt Diamond? HeÔÇÖs cool. Just think ÔÇ£Full Metal JacketÔÇØ, minus the shooting incident.

There you go . .

Just one more thing . . . .

When posting, PLEASE keep within the time confines laid out in the narrative. If your character is attempting to do something that may take several hours, or even days, please donÔÇÖt try and cram it into a 25 minute in game segment. And another thing, consider the actions of your fellow players. Read each log entry as it is posted, but remember, these are personal log entries, and other players are not privy to their content. Act only when there is clear evidence of something goin on. Try not to be influenced too much by another characters casual thoughts. For realism sake, donÔÇÖt let your characters become too smart, too soon. Just sit back, interact in a consistent and realistic form, and enjoy the ride.

Good luck to you gang, youÔÇÖre gonna need it. smile.gif

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

[This message has been edited by Blades (edited 08-20-99).]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for time-frame, anywhere between about 3000 and, say, 3008 would be okay. Read the timeline on the ISS website and fit it in, but remember, the history for 3020 is going to have to start and you don't want to invalidate what is looking like a great role-play by accidentally contradicting what that will eventually say...*grin*. So I wouldn't be starting much after 3006, 3008.

------------------

Commander DeSylva

GCV First Light ISS01 -=- ISS Fleet Coordinator

www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/9206/iss/

Official BC3K Tester and Blind Man With Sleeves award winner

"Serve - with honour."

Guest Ron Wallin

Hey, Blades, I'll take on the rold of Gambit, IC2 Copilot. Or, if you'd rather have someone writing for the Company Sgt., I'd be happy with that as well.

Be sure to edit your cast post smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

Spectre, Command Staff

Base Commander, The Dojo

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

Signed you up as Sgt. Diamond, Ron.

Go bust some num nutts heads. smile.gif

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

Arghhhh!

So many plot lines, so many points of view!

You guys are a refs nightmare, given physical form.

But I gotta tell you, I LOVE IT!

Keep it comming guys, and make sure you casual observers sign up and pick yourself a role.

Oh, and just so you dont think whats currently goin on is the main event, think again. This isnt even worthy of being called a prologue yet. smile.gif

Think of it as a chance to get to know your characters, the NPC's and the style of writing.

And I guess I had better start catching up on the other RP threads, or I may end up confusing matters big time with my own thread. Wouldnt wanna do that.

keep it up guys, you makin me proud. smile.gif

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

Once again peeps, I am in somthing of a cunn-, conni-, connundram (?)or words to that effect. Since I'm a busy body, I havent yet had time to fully read all the other creative work in this forum. I've been too busy lampooning up the fleet in 'Origins Of A Galcom Commander' and getting the 'Preemptive Strike' RP together. However, I have just gone through Badger boys stopy (Excellent I might add) as way of catchup. Badgerius mentioned in the PS thread that I should take a good gander at his story and see whats up. I'm glad I did. There may well be some inconsistencies with my current RP thread due to the tensions in Empirian and Vesperon regions. This causes somthing of a problem as far as correlating each thread into it's own timeline withoiut invalidating every buggers work. So, I am proposing this. Since I have already set a time and date for the PS thread, and I havent noticed one in the Dilligence tale, I am suggesting that Badgerius's tale take part a short time AFTER the conclusion of the PR story. I did notice that the Dilligence thread runs almost parallel with Davids own thread, but I havent been able to track down a hard written time frame. So, if this meets with both authors aproval, I would like to submit their storys take place AFTER mine.

Anyhow, please post your recomendations here, and remember tthat you guys did this first, so you have final say in it. If you have any other suggestions, again please post them.

And while I'm here, how are you finding it?

Oh, and one more thing, shortly I will be posting somthing here that is directly relevant to the plot in PS and may well cause quite a stir in the RP community. I'm not going into any details, so I suggest you all just continue to play along and wait for it to happen. You will know when it does.

I got it covered crew, I know what I'm doing smile.gif

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

The Deterrence was commissioned shortly after the first Gam war (about one month after the conflict). Foss was given command on that date (is there an official documentation of that conflict in terms of when it happened? That'll solve the problem).

------------------

Commander David Foss, GCV Deterrence

Is that roster correct, now. I'll be the Medical Officer, if that's not taken, and it's OK with you. You guys move so fast, it's really hard to keep up! But it's good reading!

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky GCV Svoboda

ISS Fleet

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

Foss: The dates you're looking for are in here:

http://www.bc3000ad.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000035.html

{neglected to put in the UBB code}

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

Prime Fleet

Commander, SIN Wing

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way."

- John Paul Jones

[This message has been edited by Ben Somerset (edited 08-20-99).]

Roster has been updated with the new aquisitions. Players in control of medics and the CMO are going to have their hands filled for a while.

BTW, did we manage to establish a numerical date for the Dilligence story?

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

The dates can also be found at the ISS website (it's in my sig).

Blades, what major upheaval are you planning? Drop me an email and I'll make sure it doesn't clash with anything...*grin*.

------------------

Commander DeSylva

GCV First Light ISS01 -=- ISS Fleet Coordinator

www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/9206/iss/

Official BC3K Tester and Blind Man With Sleeves award winner

"Serve - with honour."

Before anybody begins shouting ÔÇÿHe canÔÇÖt do that!ÔÇÖ and starts chasing Derek around for answers and a whole barrage of questions, note that I have been in discussion with Derek regarding the content of the Preemptive Strike RP thread and have been granted permission to publish the most recent addition to the story.

So, there is no need to question what has happened and IÔÇÖm sure Derek would prefer NOT to be quizzed on this, as would I. So, sit back and read, participate and do what you lot do best : Be creative.

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

Blades,

The Diligence Thread runs parallel to David Foss's First Command thread, which takes place shortly (six months or so) after the Battle of Jupiter. So as to give you a historical overview for planning this new Gammulan war, I will give you some info.

The Vesperon war doesn't cause heavy casualties in Earth Forces. It does cause heavy casualties in both Vesperon and Empirian ships, but both begin rebuilding their fleets immediately to prevent another war. The Vesperon Conflict can best be summed up in two words: Close Call. In the end the political situation remains more or less the same, with the Vesperons members of Galcom (although they are not as trusted).

If you desire more detailed information, E-mail me and I'll send you a play-by-play.

------------------

Commander Badgerius, GCV Diligence

Not exactly sure when this RP thread is set, cos I cant get an accurate time line with all the other threads, although I did start it in mid 3003. Thats changeable though, depending on when all the other RP stuff is set.

I'm flexible with this, so give me a date and I'll ammend it.

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

What date was the Battle of Jupiter set? The Vesperon Conflict happens 6 months - 1 year after that. Since I have written in no mention of the Supreme Commander's death (I'm dying to know how much of the chain-of-command was broken during that engagement), I would think that this new (2nd?) Gammulan war would happen 1-5 years after that.

Blades, have you looked at DeSylva's Timeline in the Farewell thread? Are we going to adopt that as a framework? (I guess that's SC's call)

------------------

Commander Badgerius, GCV Diligence

Personally speaking, I believe that we should adopt DeSylva's timeline in full. It is well thought out, and goes into detail, while leaving a lot of places open for multiple RP threads. And since the reason for Blades war (SC killed by Gamms) is different from DeSylva's (Wraith Massacre), I agree with Gallion that this thread should be April-May, 3001.

Gallion: check ye mail.

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

Prime Fleet

Commander, SIN Wing

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way."

- John Paul Jones

Ok, that sounds good to me. Although I wouldnt write historical events in stone just yet. Theres more to the thread than meets the eye. smile.gif

But more on that as it comes.

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

I may be wrong here (I often am) but the Battle of Jupiter never had a set date. It just sort of happened.

This goes way, WAY,WAYback. I hope I get it right. When I began looking at the forum Tac already had his "fleet" well in place. This turned into the SDF campaign. This SDF was already going full swing when I started reading much less posting.

Then Antii Posted About Orion fleet. It was approved. Somewhere in there T.C. McQueen "defected" to Earthcom. That was approved. Tac started "Wraith" fleet and DeSylva started "ISS". Approved.

Then Rattler posted a "Call To Arms" for the Insurgency and started Spectre Fleet. That was so cool. I joined as did others.

OK, so then we had two opposing groups of Terrans. Boy did we have some debates. That was e roleplay at the time. You "got into character" and debated the merits of being Galcom or the Insurgency. Was really rather fun if you wanted to try off your debating skills.

Now here is the meat of all RP's to date. Alun Tringad was discovered as a spy in the Insurgent orginization. No biggie But I offered to return him to DeSylva.

Boy did that ever open the floodgates! smile.gifIt turned the RP forum from a "debate" of opinions into postings of fictional actions. This has spawned and set the tone for all fictional RP actions to date.

Bagerius; there is the history (of the site) to date.. The Fictional actions of those first threads were never set into a timeline so far as I know so there is not much use trying to reference them .

DeSylva may have put them into the timeline on his ISS site but so far as I have noticed it's not "concrete" on this forum. Heck, play with the game some. The game starts 4/04/3000 and according to the manual War is Imminent. (Sheesh, spelling on that one.)

Given the manual I figure with what we have posted the first "Gamm invasion" AKA "Jupiter Conflict" would be one of the first major conflicts between Terrans and the Gamms and it should be fairly soon after the "Start" of the game.

My opinions only. Dates may be "set" on DeSlva's site.

------------------

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Official BC3K Tester

The timeline is also posted here, on the forum. There are some alterations to allow for some character driven info, (i.e. birthdates, academy entrance, etc.) but it is here. The timeline thread is here:

http://www.bc3000ad.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000035.html

Whether it is official or not, is up to interpretation by the SC. However, I have based most of my own characters major RP events on DeSylva's timeline. In fact, I was coming up with possible future character development for 3020, basing them off of DeSylva's new timeline in the "Farewell" thread.

And as Dennis Miller has said: "Of course, that's just my opinion. I may be wrong." wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

Prime Fleet

Commander, SIN Wing

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

- John Paul Jones

Ok crew, I've recently recieved email from worried members concerning the most recent addition to the Preemptive Strike RP Thread.

So I'm here just to clear up a few key points.

1) I obtained permission from Derek to post regarding the SC's unfortunate demise.

2) This does not eman that other RPers can start including main BC characters in their own threads, or indeed killing them off. The previous example was a one off venture, approved by Derek and subject to limitations.

3) Please dont start approaching Derek for permission to do things in your own threads. As far as I understand, this was a unique venture, and not one to be casually repeated.

4) DO NOT start refering to events in the PS thread in the other storys until AFTER the PS thread is concluded.

Sorry if this sounds a bit blunt, but It's mentioned here to safe guard against new participants who might not understand the rules the RP community has observed since it's inception. We dont want to see mass discussions reguarding what you can and what you cant do in the RP forum, or any storys cropping up with Paul Resnig gettin continually spaced.

What I did was a one off, and probably wont be repeated again. Lets leave it there. smile.gif

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

Slighty off topic but I needs to hand-jam this tidbit to ye. I seem to recall when I was brainstorming my own little scheme, yes, a Corsair can think fer themselves once in a blue moon - actually saw one the other night..., DeSylva informed me that the timeline between 3003 and 3008 is up for grabs. We (the RP community) couldn't do any major RP endeavors that would conflict with JB's CBS. In his Farewell post, DeSylva proposed a timeline that begins March of 3006. If this proposal becomes gospel, hehehe, then hold onto ye hats ladies and gents. The floodgates of Hades has opened wink.gif

Why do I mention this? Good question. I had to do some research before I stick foot in mouth. I was thinking that this crazy (and great) ride would conflict with something that I am scheming up for. All looks ok to me. Stick a date on this if ye wants to Blades, I'll be with thee.

TTFN wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

Commander, Corsair Wing

=Wraith Fleet=

Bushi of the Dragon Council

"Run Silient, Run Deep"

ICQ# 29486270

quote:

The timeline thread is here:

Hehe, thats a mixture of the manual, the "histories" each of us put on our websites, and the RP.

So the Gamm war/Battle at Jupiter was set in August. At the very start of the game as I was assuming. Still lot's of room left to play in. But now I'm babbling. smile.gif

------------------

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Official BC3K Tester