Defection

Andergum

Effective immediately... due to a recent disagreement with a Galcom Cargo Inspection unit during a random

inspection near Titan... I will be joing the ranks of the Insurgency.

I can understand their displeasure with my transporting of Illegal empirian ale (again)...

and I can even take the associated reprimand, but to confiscate my own personal stash

and then be seen consuming it rather than turning it in!!! Well, that was the final straw.

I doubt that Galcom will forgive my actions... as that crew will not be reporting back to base again.

What remains of their shuttle, can be picked up drifting near the jump point at Jupiter.

So beware all you Galcommies! The ranks of the insurgency are growing!!

Party at the den Rattler!!! the ale is on me!

Cmdr. Andergum

ICV Gummy 1

Launch all available vessles. Gummy1's bringing in the hooch, and I don't want a single bottle broken! Make sure he gets the red carpet treatment, and show him to his new quarters upon arrival! biggrin.gif

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Death comes unchallenged and without honor to those who refuse to make and keep friends within their hearts and souls!"

Guest Ron Wallin

Welcome, Andergum. Your unique supplies are a deffinite plus smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

Spectre, Command Staff

Base Commander, The Dojo

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

What's the matter Akira? Have you run out of cleaning fluid fer ye hyper-drive engines again? wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

Commander, Corsair Wing

=Wraith Fleet=

Bushi of the Dragon Council

"Run Silient, Run Deep"

ICQ# 29486270

Not wanting to alarm any of our 'Challenged' insurgent cousins, but are you aware that Andergum's hooch was orininally confiscated because it gave Tac dihoreah?

Just thought I'd mention it . . . . smile.gif

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

Yeah... but you drink a gallon of almost any hooch and it will do that!! Especially that Empirian stuff... I hear that the bottles are specially made, 'cause it eats through normal glass. smile.gif

Gum

ICV Gummy 1

Guest Leiser Morder

BROADCAST PUBLIC MESSAGE

To: All terrans loyal to the Insurgency

Subject: Hooch

Insurgents and GALCOM enemies alike, a hooch from a defector should be the least of your attentions now. I believe with great composition that this "Andergum" fellow should exhibit his worthiness to join up with the ranks of those who oppose the forced attricion of GALCOM, and embrace sweet chaos instead. Bring us, the officers and crew alike of every Insrugent ship pride to have you among our masses! Bring us a GALCOM BC commander, bound and gagged, begging for his pathetic life, and place him on his knees before the high council!

This will be your true test of worthiness! A worthiness that no alcohol could ever make!

------------------

-------

Commander Leiser M├Ârder

ICV Übel

Insurgent, Spectre Fleet

Insurgency Batttlecruiser Command Battalion

Violence seems to be the shortest distance between two points.

-Leon Trotsky

Any Cmdr that DARES give me adulterated Ale deserves a Vagrant up his tailpipe.

My Medics reported his stash to the Empirian Ale Commission (after detoxicating my wretched body), which it is said, are quite pissed off at his actions.

I've been informed that they have put a handsome reward on Andergum's head too.. Pity, now all those Mercs will be after him, and I'll add a few credits to that. *HINT MECH!*

(LOL BLADES! *G*)

[ALL in good fun]

------------------

Fleet Commander

Daniel "Tac" Londono

GCV Usagi

=Wraith Fleet=

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

Commander Morder,

I can see that Commaner Gum forgot his signature, so I'll fill all of you in on his background and credentials for joining the Insurgency. He's been a TESTER of this fine game since sometime in 1996. I think he's qualified, How about you guys? Another one for the GOOD Guys! smile.gif

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Death comes unchallenged and without honor to those who refuse to make and keep friends within their hearts and souls!"

Guest Ron Wallin

Morder, that's an interesting post. Very headstrong and quick to throw down the gauntlet. I like that.

However, I don't know you. At all. I don't like that. I also don't like someone challenging a member of Spectre that has been accepted into the fold by Insurgent One.

As a member of the Spectre Command Staff, I'm taking your challenge. Only, I'm bringing you bound and gagged.

Here's your chance to prove YOU can bring something to our cause:

1. Why are you an Insurgent? (you can't use Angel of Lights reasoning)

2. Why am I, Akira, an Insurgent?

3. Why is Rattler an Insurgent?

4. What is the one thing that you, Cmdr. Morder, can bring as tribute to ensure our eternal gratitude?

Good luck, Morden. You've got the enthusiasm. Now I want to see if there's anything else smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

Spectre, Command Staff

Base Commander, The Dojo

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

PS,

Gallion, I'm not sure that I'm going to want to touch Internal systems with the stuff Andergum is bringing. At least not those I can't cure with a healthy dose of Advil and Milk of Magnesia in the morning smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Ron Wallin (edited 08-27-99).]

LordDavid,

Well, now let's see if I can answer your question this early in the morning. > There

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

My smuggling talents aren't all that I bring to the Insurgency. After several years of missions in almost every corner of the galaxy, I've made many "friends". These "friends" of mine, deal in more than just the finest ales in the galaxy. They also have access to information and the best black market weaponry available, weaponry that you will need to fight off the Galcom fleet.

Rattler has known of my many dis-aggrements with Galcom in the past and has offered me a place in the insurgency on several occasions.

I've taken him up this time because we now have a common enemy. I can't go back to Galcom now after what I've done. I'm probably their most wanted man right now attacking a galcom vessel, killing galcom personel, theft of a galcom battlecruiser, espionage... no, I can't go back now besides, you need me as much as I need you.

I have passed information to Rattler, that Galcom will soon be intensifying their efforts against the Insurgency.

You are a bigger thorn in their side than you know. They can't afford to fight the Gammulans and have their ships raided and destroyed by you as well

There will come a time when they will come for us and the more of us there are the better chance we have to defeat them.

The online wars are coming, and we will be ready for them...

------------------

Official BC3K Tester and Commander of the ICV Gummy 1

ICQ # 215323

[This message has been edited by Andergum (edited 08-29-99).]

[This message has been edited by Andergum (edited 08-29-99).]

Guest Ron Wallin

You are correct in your assessment, Andergum. However, it would be FOOLISH for GALCOM/UFN to do anything other than strike a treaty with our organization.

Anything else will cost them a large number assets that would be better used against non-terran concerns.

Should the UFN/GALCOM wish to initiate talks, I, if not Rattler, am ready to listen redface.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

Spectre, Command Staff

Base Commander, The Dojo

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

Attention All Insurgents!

Know Ye' ,effective today's date, that I have promoted Commander Andergum to the lofty position of Chief Security Officer, Spectre StarStation (Rattler's Den). His qualifications are ideal for this position, and I would step lightly for the next few days until he fills his dungeons with suitable clientele. I hear that his first guest, should he be so lucky to meet up with him, is the infamous Cmdr Tringad. I do believe that he is still aboard Spectre, so I hope he reads this and get's off MY Patio before Gum finds him! smile.gif

That is all!

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Nothing ever vanished for Houdini by his simple wishing it away!"

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 09-01-99).]

(RP)on

Comdr.MAX sat in his command chair listening to the GALCOM reports about the murder of a helpless shuttle crew. He just couldn't believe it. How could a respected commander

turn into a murdering coward and a defector all with one unthinkable action. All this was over "booze"! The Insurgency, once a respected rebel organisation, was now a pack of pirates worse than Raiders. Raiders were at least honest. They didn't hide behind a lot of retoric about saving humankind.

MAX knew what he must do, from this day forward "Gummy 1" was a 'kill on sight' target, not to be given the respect of a warrior.

"Now hear this, now hear this, this is you Captain speaking. I have posted a 10,000 credit reward for any factual information on the whereabouts of the 'Gummy 1'. When that ship becomes space debris, we will all drink to their departure with Emperian ale. That is all."

MAX knew where he could find them, "Set a course for 'Scorpia' in the 'Trenis' system. Go the long way, through 'Roma IV'".

"Aye, aye, sir, course set for 'Scorpia'."

Well they were on their way, the back door to the murderer's den in 'Antia'. He had friends in the system that could inform him on the movements of the Insurgents. This was going to be fun. He could already feel the beserker blood of his ancestors stiring through his veins. Yes, this was going to be fun....

(RP) off

LOL, Rattler et all smile.gif">...<P>

------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

ICQ#34741

GALCOMPRIME

Shipsmotto: "Retreat? Hell!"

RP definately on... smile.gif

Well it seems that the true reason for my defection must now be told...

I do not wish to bring dishonor to Rattler or to the Insurgency whom have offered me a home in my time of need...

Rather, the story I am about to tell, will bring to light the true nature of Galcom.

As you well know, a research vessel, the GCV Stargazer, was the first to enter Gammulan territory back in 2998.

This was to be a peaceful information gathering mission, nothing more.

Soon afterward, all contact with her was lost and the GCV Recovery and the GCV Starsearch

were sent to look for her. They too were never heard from again... until now that is.

A year ago while on patrol near the Gammulan / Valkerie border I picked up what appeared to be a faint, intermittent distress signal coming from a small uncharted moon. After a few days of searching we found the source of the signal. It was coming from an escape pod from the GCV Starsearch!!

On board the escape pod were the remains of two crewman... one officer and one scientist.

Their bodies were burned and decomposed beyond recognition, but what they had with them told the story.

They had taken the Starsearch computer's main databank with them and although it was badly damaged, my reasearch engineer was able to extract some information from it.

This information has changed my view of Galcom for the rest of my life, you see, my father served aboard the Starsearch.

My father was one of the finest fighter pilots assigned to the Starsearch, with dozens of confirmed kills to his credit.

He knew the dangers of his job and accepted them, willingly. In fact he knew the danger of this mission before he volunteered for it. He knew he might never see his family again when he headed off for this, his final mission.

What he didn't know was the how the greed of a starship commander would seal his fate.

The information extracted from the Starsearch data banks detail the events right up until their confrontation with the

Gamullans.

Apon, entering Galcom space... they came apon a Valkyrie cargo vessel. The Starseach commander hailed them and began

asking questions about the Stargazer. It was at this point that the commander received the results of the scans they had performed on the cargo ship. The cargo vessel was carrying a rather large load of precious gems and ores, enough for a Starship comander to retire on. He immediately attacked the freighter, accusing them of having something to do with the disapperance of the Stargazer. He destroyed the freighter and stole the cargo for himself.

Shortly afterward, a fleet of some twenty or more Gammulan warships appeared from nowhere. They had probably heard the distress calls from the freighter and had come to rescue her. They immediately attacked the Starsearch, and destroyed her on the spot. The GCV Recovery fell soon after...

I doubt my father's fighter even cleared its fighter bay.

All this time I had been told that he died a heroes death... that he gave his life to protect the human race...

Well it was all a lie!

I joined the Galcom Academy, with the hope of following in my fathers footsteps. I hoped for a chance to avenge his death

and once again bring honor to the family's name, to destroy the Gammulans and their allies... I believed it all.

All the propaganda... all the hatred... all the lies... but I know the truth now... and I will not rest until I finally do avenge my father.

Except now my fight is with Galcom and they will pay dearly...

I circulated the story about the cargo inspection to protect others from the lies. I thought there was no need to sully the memories of others who might have had family who served aboard the starsearch.

The dead inspectors??? In truth they were galcom operatives, probably

sent to collect the Starsearch's data core. I'm sure that Galcom would like hide this dirty little secret of theirs.

That will no longer be possible...

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

ICV Gummy 1

Spectre,

Chief Security Officer

Official tester of BC3K the series...

Long live the Insurgency!

ICQ # 215323

[This message has been edited by Andergum (edited 09-02-99).]

[RP ON]

Ah, another sterling example of Insurgent logic.

Three GALCOM ships are lost in Gammulan space, "never heard from again." GALCOM calls their crews heros, who died doing their jobs protecting Earth.

But that was a lie. Why? Because you just recently found what was left of the GCV-Starsearch's databanks on a small uncharted moon near Gammulan space.

Obviously GALCOM should have been more truthful about the loss of the ships and said "Well, they could have died as heros, or maybe they were just greedy, murderous traitors who tried to run off to the edge of the galaxy somewhere. We just don't know."

I'm sure that level of brutal honesty would have made you feel much better about your father's death. And then, if you still joined GALCOM anyway, and fortuitously came across the Starsearch's databanks, you'd be happy knowing GALCOM hadn't lied to you.

Of course, since GALCOM is such a lying organization, if I were you I would take anything they report, especially things like fighter pilot proficiency and "confirmed kills" with a grain of salt. Not that they necessarily lied about your father's combat record, but you know how bureaucrats like to inflate enemy bodycount statistics for the press. And somebody's gotta be given credit for those imaginary kills.

It is interesting that your response to the past actions of a single greedy, murderous traitor is to become a murderous traitor yourself. No doubt the rest of the Insurgency exhibits such stunning rationalizations as well.

[RP OFF]

------------------

Cmdr Pherrett

GCV-STRATOS

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

-- George Santayana

"You got to change your evil ways"

--Carlos Santana

[This message has been edited by Lynx Pherrett (edited 09-03-99).]