Defection

Andergum

(RP) on

To justify murder, Cmdr Andergum has circulated the rumor that the inspection team was a part of a conspirecy. He is trying to blame Galcom for the greed of one of it's officers. The fate of the 'Starsearch' and all her crew had been unknown till now. Max thought that it would have been common decancy for Cmdr Andergum to turn over the information so the families of those fine men and women lost on the expedition could find closure over the incident. If the memory-core was just discovered by 'Gummy 1', then the conspirecy is a creation of Andergum's tortured mind trying to justify murder. This will not work.

"Now hear this, now hear this, this is your Captain speaking. I have decided to raise the reward to 50,000 creds for the head of the 'Gummy 1's Cmdr., no questions asked. That is all....".

'MAX' leaned back in his command chair and thought of the lose of his parents to the Gammulans. He knew that the only way that the Terran race would survive, was to unite and purge the spaceways of paranoid fanatics that try to turn human against human. There would be a blood feud and the pirate Andergum would be the first.....

(RP)off

Gentlemen of the Insurgency, The Comdr and crew of the GCV-Dreadnaught are looking for you wink.gif">LOL....<P>------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

ICQ#34741

GALCOMPRIME

Shipsmotto: "Retreat? Hell!"

(rp on)

Parias scrubbed the engines of the interceptor a bit harder, they needed to be "nice and shiney" by the time the damned drill officer returned. Glancing at a nearby monitor, he caught a whiff of the latest news. A new defector to the insurgency eh?

Parias grinned to himself and scrubbed a bit harder. His career had gone down the drain awhile ago, but things were finally starting to look up for the first time ever.

(/rp)

------------------

Parias

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at www.tacticalplanet.com

"I took this job because I love to blow sh*t up!"

Well, Andergum,if you pass near Oberon/Uranus and in case you are intercepted by the 15th SMB, ISS, just keep some ale and we may "loose" our prisoner

eheheh

Cmdr Mota

GCV Furia Selvagem

15th SMB , ISS, GalCom

Rattler had just received a personal communicado from one of his deep cover operatives. It seems that a couple of Galcom Commanders had turned rogue, placing a personal bounty on the head of Commander Andergum. Well, two, no three could play at that game.

"Attention on Spectre!"

"Insurgents, It has been brought to my attention that there are some Galcom Commanders out there who find it necessary to spend their own finances to attempt the destruction of the Gummy1, her crew, and Commander. Although I find this a vile taste, I think that no good deed goes unpunished. Therefore, I retaliate with the following counter. I hereby place the following bounty of 1 Million Galcreds on the head of Cmdr. Maxamillian (dead), 2 million if brought in alive. His crew is to be spared if possible. They are not responsible for the actions of a raving lunatic. Additionally, I hereby place an additional bounty of 1 Million Galcreds upon the head of Cmdr Pherrett, Dead Or Alive. Commander Andergum, save a nice place in your establishment for Cmdrs Maxamillian and Pherrett just in case.

That is all.....!"

biggrin.gif

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"A dog, is a dog, is a dog, unless he's facing you. Then he becomes MR. DOG!"

Haitian Farmer.....1982

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 09-03-99).]

(RP)on

'MAX' turned to the Navigation officer and asked,"Lt. O'Conner, what is our present location?"

"We just came out of Hyperspace and are recovering data on the Scorpis system, sir."

"Good, cloak the ship and jump to the Darain system. We will then proceed to the Antis jumppoint and lay out a mine defensive grid

stagering leeches with crabs."

"Aye, sir."

The 'Dreadnaught' quietly slipped into the cloaked attitude, and proceeded to the Darain jumppoint. The covert part of his plan had begun. 'MAX' had spent a considerable part of his personal fortune obtaining cloaked probes from a Gammulan trader. It was time to find out just how well they worked. If he could pull this off then GALCOM would have the information it would need to shut down the viper's nest once and for all. He knew that the Insurgents, pirates at heart, would probably put a large bounty on his head. This was what he expected, and he knew that they would not be expecting him on their backdoorstep this soon. They would be running

all over the systems, shaking with anticipation of earning some extra creds; and not likely they would survive the encounter. 'MAX' smiled a smile that wasn't pretty. He knew death and it was his friend. From today, he would be known as "DEATHBRINGER".

"Tactical, ready the spec-ops probe and prepare the backup just in case."

"Aye, sir."

The pirates days were numbered, murder of ones fellow officers was an outrage felt through out all of GALCOM. This was the the final act of treason that would bring the Insurgents down.

(RP)off

'MAX' redface.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

ICQ#34741

GALCOMPRIME

(rp)

Parias gathered his things and signaled the shuttle pilot. The shuttle took off from the hidden base on Sygan and flew off towards the ICV-Galatae. Due to the circumstances, Parias' first officer, Jerry Slinger (no jokes please hehe) was now in command, but Parias was able to maintain his posting on the ship, but as an engineer. Better than nothing at least.

As the base became smaller and smaller behind them, Parias looked ahead to the upcoming events that would transpire. The black men, the mysterious readings of nullspace, the strange items that had accumulated in his quarters. They would all come together in good time. Things were definately looking up,

(/rp)

------------------

Parias

ICV-Galatae

I thought Lynx had some good points. Also, if the ship was destroyed and all hands lost, and the only bit of evidence to say what really happened Andergum found, how was Galcom supposed to know what really happened? They assumed, that the ships had been attacked unprovoked by the Gammulans, which was a reasonable assumption, but wrong, as it turned out. Hardly anything malevolently evil about that. Lynx may have been a bit harsh in his wording, but he had some good points.

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky GCV Svoboda

ISS Fleet

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

RP on

Commander Andergum sat in his office, gazing at the pinpoints of starlight slowly streaming past his portal. His thoughts were filled with those of his long departed father and of what might have been

From the distance, he heard the rumblings of repairmen feverishly installing a new shield system.

"good" he though to himself. Reports of numerous bounties being placed on his head, had him a bit concerned and the recent attempt on his life by Galcom operatives had him concerned as well

"Why would Galcom sent two assassins to kill me" he thought surely the information he had uncovered from the Starsearch's data core was damaging but assassins? "there must be something more" he muttered to himself.

Just then, a message from his reasearch officer interrupted his thoughts

Research Officer Lewis - "Commander I've been able to restore a bit more of the information from the data core you'd better get down here I think you'll want to see this."

Commander Andergum- "on my way"

His mind raced as he rode the turbo lift to his ship's lab "what could it be?" he wondered

He arrived at the lab and was greeted with the usual salute

Commander Andergum- "At ease Lewis what have you found?"

Research Officer Lewis - "Well sir, I've been able to reconstruct part of the core which contained some of the Starsearch's navigation and communication data"

Commander Andergum. - "Excellent and?"

Research Officer Lewis - "well here's the interesting part.it appears that the Starsearch and the Recovery entered Gammulan space at nearly the same point as the last known location of the Stargazer they followed what they believed was the last known flight path of the Stargazer for several days then the Starseeker gave orders for the Recovery to continue the search on its current course while they split off and appeared to follow this Valkyrie freighter "

Commander Andergum- "Hmmm that's odd"

Research Officer Lewis - " yes it is and there's more"

Commander Andergum- "more?"

Research Officer Lewis - "yesThe Starsearch followed the freighter for several days passing through several jump points and what's really odd is that they kept their cloaking system active the entire time!!!"

They only uncloaked because they had exhausted their supply of Iridium that's when the confrontation took place... and with it the eventual destruction of the Starsearch."

Commander Andergum- "Hmm why would they follow that freighter for so long and cloaked as well"

Research Officer Lewis - "well, that's what we are trying to find out some of the data is missing on where they went exactly but it is pretty clear from the scans of the freighter, that it was carrying some of the purest ores I've ever seenand tons of em!!"

Commander Andergum- "WOW!"

Research Officer Lewis - "That's nothing the system scans from the freighter indicate that the freighter was empty when they started following her and full at the end which means"

Commander Andergum- "which means that the ores came from somewhere on that flight path!!"

Research Officer Lewis - "It sure looks like it The only problem is that these records have been altered someone wiped out the middle section intentionally"

Commander Andergum- "Hmmm.. I'm not surprised by that were there any communications with Galcom during that part of the mission?"

Research Officer Lewis - "doesn't appear so they did fire off a probe just before the final jump point there could have been a message on it, but we have no way of telling what the message wasassuming there was one"

Commander Andergum- "Well, keep working on it and I want the highest security possible on that data core don't let any unauthorized personnel near it!"

Research Officer Lewis - "aye aye sir"

Commander Andergum walked back to the turbo lift and started the short ride back to the bridge suddenly the entire ship lurched and he heard the loud thud of the impact of a missile on the ships hull.

Commander Andergum- "Engineering , status report!"

Engineering Officer Concepcion - "Sir, we've taken a direct his to our aft section  it doesn't look bad but if we take another."

Commander Andergum- "are the shields ready?"

Engineering Officer Concepcion - "uh no not yet"

Commander Andergum- "Damn! .. red alert red alert red alerttactical lay in a course and get us the hell out of here"

Tactical Officer Kaminsky- " To where Commander?"

Commander Andergum - " anywhere.. just get us out of here engage the hyper drive as soon as its charged!"

Tactical Officer Kaminsky- " aye sir, laying in a course"

As the turbo lift neared the bridge Commander Andergum could hear the beepbeepbeep of the incoming missile alert.the beeps were increasing in volume and speedbeep beep beep beep beep. the turbo lift doors opened to reveal the bridge and the full screen viewer which was now zoomed to full magnification, and displaying two Galcom cruisers closing fast

Commander Andergum - Activate EMD jammer. activate weapons launch crab mines.

WHAAAMMM!!! Another missile had hit this time the explosion ripped through the hull the deafening sound echoed throughout the ship

The huge hyperdrive engines were now straining in their mountswhining with power then a flash

The stars on the bridge viewscreen turned to streaks, and the Gummy 1 dissappeared into a point of light they had made it. This time

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

ICV Gummy 1

Spectre,

Chief Security Officer

Official tester of BC3K the series...

Long live the Insurgency!

ICQ # 215323

[This message has been edited by Andergum (edited 09-03-99).]

[This message has been edited by Andergum (edited 09-05-99).]

(rp)

"You need WHAT?!"

Quartler looked astounded.

"Come on buddy, I've done a hell of a lot of back rubbing for you in the past. Remember that little skirmish around Pluto??"

"Yea but.. this is-"

"Come on! All I need is this little favor carried out, and we'll consider the matter closed."

"But Parias.. assasinating half of the command staff on GalCom HQ? It's damn near impossible, and I'll be hunted like a dog!!"

"I know dammit. I didn't say to assasinate them though did I? I said to make them LOOK dead. Kidnap them, get em into a room and use gas, I don't know. Just make sure there's a lot of blood left, but no bodies. Let em go at a later time when I give the word. I've got it covered, they won't trace it back to-"

Suddenly the door opened and a tech walked into the area. Parias cursed himself for not locking the cargo bay doors for a moment. He quickly stabbed the red button he had installed on the modified comm unit, signalling the transmission was being monitored.

"Uh, yea looks like we'll need 20 units of Iridium.. just in-case. Charge it to my personal account."

The tech looked around a bit and left the room after checking a couple of cargo containers. Parias hit the red button again.

"Anyways, I've got it covered. And looks like we still have a communication problem or something, have you been drinking? I didn't say the COMMAND staff, that would be insane. Just some 30-odd engineers and officers in general. Make it look like they were assasinated with the bodys carried away, and leave some blood, but make it look like it was hastily, and very poorly, cleaned up. This will be all I shall ask of you for a very long time."

"Well, I DO owe my life to you... alright. But only under one condition."

Parias raised an eyebrow.

"If this is traced back to me, I am going to expose your whole godamn operation. Galcom troops will be all over you like stink on sh*t."

"I SAID I have it covered. Get the job done. Out."

Parias switched off the comm unit. Upon his signal the operation would begin. The officers wouldn't be missed much, but an investigation would go under way anyways. Just perfect for his plan.....

His timer beeped, it was time to get back to work. Parias sighed heavily, cleaning out the reactor of gunk was getting old, fast. But soon he would have his revenge....

------------------

Parias

ICV-Galatae

(RP) on

'MAX' was looking over the reports he had just received for the covert listening post located in a meteor that was located in the Antis system. For years this post had been gathering information on the Insurgents. It had taken many lives to install, but there was no better information than realtime.

the 'Gummy 1' hadn't arrived yet but he knew that when she did arrive she would be in very bad shape. Andergum had made a lot of Galcom people angry and the Emperiums were looking for him too. 'Max' hoped he would make it to the 'Spectre', it would be nice to have all the rats in the basket when the hammer fell....

(RP)off

Finder1-You didn't read my ships motto did you? What does the word "run" mean?

------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

ICQ#48334198

GALCOMPRIME

[RP ON]

Commander Pherrett thumbed the comm button.

"Barnes here, sir," came the quick reply.

"Sam, come up to my quarters."

While he waited for the Chief Engineer to arrive, the commander of the Stratos turned to the small bar behind his desk and retrieved two glasses and a bottle Terran sour mash whiskey. The door to the cabin chimed just as he finished pouring.

"Come."

Sam Barnes slid through doorway as smooth and efficiently as the door itself slid in its tracks. He slipped into the chair across from his commander before the door had even started to close. As soon as he heard the "snick" of the door sealing shut he slouched down, swung one leg up on the commander's desk and reached for a glass. He knew from the way he had been summoned that was an informal visit, he and Commander Lynx Pherrett went back a long ways . . . a very long ways.

"That was pretty quick, Sam."

"Yeah, I was on my way to the galley when you buzzed. What's up?"

Lynx spun a datapad around to face Barnes. "I suppose you've seen this?"

Barnes smiled as he saw the report, "Yeah, most of the crew is laughing about it." Then he frowned, "Hey, Lynx, you're not thinking of doing anything because of this, are you?"

"Actually, I am. That's why I asked you to drop in. Is your brother still an editor on the Terran Times?"

"Yeah," said Barnes, a little confused by the change in direction of the conversation.

"Do you think he would do me a favor if you asked him?"

"I suppose. It would depend on what the 'favor' was."

Pherrett snaked a long arm over the desktop and punched up another file on the datapad and grinned at the engineer. After a moment of silence, they both burst into laughter.

"You know, Lynx, HQ is not gonna be happy about this."

The commander smiled back at his long time friend, "HQ is going to be very unhappy with this, officially. Unofficially, however, they and my Dad will love it."

"Alright, Commander, I'll see what I can do."

The clink of two glasses comming together could just be heard over the two mens' laughter.

- - - - - - - -

Terran Times

NewsBits

Triton Mine Reopened

[sNN] Saturn - 5M Corporation announced they were reopening a mining operation on Triton. According to the operations director, a new sensor technology being tested in a exhausted pit uncovered a rich vein of Iridium. "It's pretty exciting for us, everybody was sure this area had played out. [When] we finish developing this new sensor . . . we'll probably go back and reevaluate at all the old pits," said the director.

ScuttleButt

[uFNWR] Sol - There have been rumors over the past few years that the ancient practices of vendetta and bounty are alive and well. While unverified, here is the lastest rumor to be making the rounds at starport bars. It appears that the commander of the GCV-Stratos has personally guaranteed a bounty for the "pelt of any Insurgent rabble" brought to him, with added consideration for specific "ringleaders and other scum." The amounts of the rewards are as follows:

quote:

Any Insurgent rabble - 2 units of aluminium.

Any self-styled Insurgent '
commander
' - The above plus a half-eaten nutripak.

Andergum, Finder1, and Rattler - All the above plus a freshly charged blaster powerpack.

Akira - Nothing, we're much better off as long as he's in charge over there.

The GCV-Stratos is assigned to GALCOM Prime Fleet and commanded by Cmdr Lynx Pherrett, son of UFN Senator Miles Pherrett (NA). While GALCOM had no official comment on the rumor, Sen Pherrett was more forthcomming. "I don't know, but it sounds like something Lynx would do," he said. "He was probably insulted by the paltry amount the Insurgent leadership recently placed on his head, a mere million credits. After all, Ri'gtl V'r put a bounty of 20 billion credits on his head after Lynx disrupted his smuggling operations and brought him to justice two years ago."

Inner Sea Resort New Vacation Hotspot

[uFNWE] Europa, Jupiter - Sony-Trump-Dahlmer-Paramount announced their Inner Sea Resort surpassed one million visitors last month. The resort, built over a period of two years, is anchored to the underside of Europa's 150km thick ice sheet. In addition to the standard resort activites of relaxing, dining, gambling and shows, guests have a continuous view of the suprisingly colorful indigenous flora and fauna. From the 1000 meter long kalidescope eel to the glowing clouds of microscopic lumonepheries, visitors are treated to a natural round-the-clock lightshow. Said one recent returnee, "I can't wait to go back next year, everything's so bland back here on Earth."

[RP OFF]

------------------

Cmdr Pherrett

GCV-STRATOS

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

-- George Santayana

"You got to change your evil ways"

--Carlos Santana

[This message has been edited by Lynx Pherrett (edited 09-04-99).]

(rp)

Quartler crouched down in a darkened area of the flight bay. This was going to be rather difficult...

He had waited untill most of the crew was asleep, the less people watching the better, but there were still new ships arriving and leaving every 10 minutes. This would have to be done very precisely.

Using a stolen uniform of the chief engineer, he was going to lead them into a rigged chamber for a "meeting". He would then use a small knife to make cuts in the victims, leaving some blood behind, and using a large flatbed he would transport the unconsious officers to a small chamber he had rented out privately for this very purpose.

He waited untill the bay was at it's quietest, and rose. Walking over near the rigged room, he yelled "I need 30 engineers or officers in here, now! Quick meeting!"

The personell sorted themselves out and after a moment of confusion, 30 assorted engineers/officers entered the room.

Quartler entered last. He closed the door and locked it. He then stabbed a red button he had quickly hidden under a panel in the wall, and donned a gas mask. The engineers and officers looked at him in confusion for a moment, then almost instantly after, they hit the floor unconsious.

There was a cargo bed already in the room, along with a blanket. He set to his task, and a few minutes later he was in the reserved quarters, hiding the bodies. Once they were positioned to his satisfaction, he exited the room and locked it, muttering to himself. His job was done, the rest was in Parias' hands.

---------------

Parias clutched his briefcase tighter as Galcom HQ loomed closer. The shuttle he was in looked very old, and he was a bit worried about making it in one piece. This worry was inflated by the fact that the pilots were drinking, laughing, and looked fit for death.

The package in the briefcase contained a special item that would frame a particular Galcom commander that had caused him a lot of trouble in the past. If things went accordingly, then phase 2 would begin. All a matter of time...

The shuttle jerked about violently as the drunken pilots attempted to dock.

"...and a matter of survival I suppose.." Parias mumbled to himself. He wondered how Galcom could let such incompetent officers fly a civillian plane, much less a military shuttle.

(/rp)

------------------

Parias

ICV-Galatae

Finder1-Can't you guys fight with honor or are you all a bunch shuttle boomers and back shooters. By the way all battlecruisers are equipped with aft turrets just so we can swat pests. However, you can't find what you can't see and my Research engineer just completed her reseach on the "Hyperion Sub-Space Device. Beleive it or not it works. It took her over a month real time to do it but do it she did. So even if you find me, I'm no there.... wink.gif"><P>(RP)on<P>"Please send it to my readyroom, Lt."

Max set down in his off duty chair and waited for the message to come up on the comm screen.

TO: CMDR GCV-DREADNAUGHT

FM: TACOPS CMDR JACK DEARTH

GALCOM/SECRET OPS DIV

SUBJ: COVERT SURVEILLANCE OF (ANVIL)

CMDR MAXAMILLIAN, AS YOU KNOW OPERATION ANVIL IS ALMOST READY TO BRING THE HAMMER DOWN. YOU MUST ACCUMULATE AS MUCH INTELL BEFORE THE LAUNCH OF THE OPPERATION. THE INTELL RECEICVED SO FAR PUTS MANY OF THE LEADER IN OR AROUND THE ANTIS SYSTEM; NEED PRECISE NUMBERS AND MOVEMENTS BEFORE WE CAN COMMIT. PLEASE REPLY THROUGH COVERT MEANS, ASAP: END/MESS

MAX turned off the comm unit and leaned back in thought. He had worked for SPECOPS for three years. He had mascaraded as a Merc, a Treader, and an Explored. He had even made deals with Comdr Andergum. It was ironic but the Comdr thought of him as a provider of illegal arms.

MAX had put the ship on total Comm blackout.

All systems were under security lock with only one code to open them. This was a critical part of the operation and there could be no leaks. His security chief had been in black ops before coming to this ship.

For over a fourteen years period he has hand picked everyone of his marines and they are all trained in counter intel. GCV-Dreadnaught was a very tight ship...

(RP) off

------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

ICQ#48334198

GALCOMPRIME

We have more honor then a lot of your commander I was on a Galcom mission and came and found my family was killed by the GALCOM

they did not do any thing! That why I join the Insurgents the galcom try to cover it up and put the blame in the Insurgent, the try hide the the file but made to many boo boo

and left a trail to follow it for five year to the source.

Finder1

ICV Druid

Spectre, Command Staff

(RP) on

It had been many years since he came out of the Academy, but Max remembered the ones that always had excuses for their mistakes.

They were the ones that needed someone to blame for their predicament. He remembered his history professor telling the class that

there would always be the malcontents who blamed society or some segment of it for their predicaments. Hitler blamed the Jews, Lennen blamed the aristocrats, and Morgan Fairchild, the last dictator of Earth blamed

the poor. Everyone of these men almost destroyed everything around them for their paranoid beliefs. Now, instead of working to make the existing government funtion better, the Insurgents have taken it upon themselves to become the saviours of mankind. Where had he heard those fanatical words before. "I must destroy you to save humanity." It was the catch phrase of every terrorist that bombed a childrens school, or a departmentstore filled with innocent shoppers. The religious jihads always thought that their cause was the right cause, history, however, only showed them to be fanatical butchers with their causes dying with them in the end. All the boasting and saber rattling never prove that a cause was right or better or righteous. Only the victor was right, and usually that was shortlived. As a warrior, Max knew the value

of peace and there was never going to be peace while the Terrans were devided.

It was nice to think of peace amoung humans.

There was a quote from the early settlers of the North American continent, "United we stand, divided we fall." This was what would happen once the Gammulans rebuilt their fleets. Man kind would fall....

(RP) off

------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

ICQ#48334198

GALCOMPRIME

LOL! A mark on my fleet? HA! When the sequal comes out you wont even be able to find us! HAHAHAHA! Mark on us... your kidding right? Heck in 3020 I could be the person standing at the next console..... i could be the person you drink with i could be anyone.... We are like the night.. impenatrable... are base is going to be somewhere you wouldnt even be able to guess.

------------------

Commander Mechwarrior of the UCV Black Panther...

"Chaos come from the depths of our souls, victory through our actions. With these we rule the galaxy unchalenged." We are the rift in the balance of power. the SC may rule with an iron fist, but it shall soon be reduced to tin foil. we are the Black Panthers. If you wish to join our cause [email protected] click the address

[This message has been edited by Mech3 (edited 09-05-99).]