The Insurgents

Robert Maxwell

This is related to the stories in this forum, past and present. Has there been an origin written for the Insurgents and for GALCOM, and if so, in which threads may I find them? I was just wondering because I am kind of itching to do those origins myself (write them, I mean, into a story...). If someone else has already done it (which they most likely have) then I'll forego it. Thanks! >--Robert Maxwell, USS Protector

Most of what you're looking for (History of GalCom, and the Insurgents) is located in the manual, close to the beginning. It gives a lot of detail, but I'm sure there are some holes which someone might want to fill sometime. smile.gif

And since I've seen it here so many times, and just can't resist: RTFM!!! wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

Prime Fleet

Commander, SIN Wing

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way."

- John Paul Jones

Grgh... I really do apologize for that misadventure on my part. I mostly read the technical details, not the little background bits on all the races and factions. All right, all right... I'll RTFM. smile.gif Thanks for dealing with me!

------------------

"Being in command means you don't have to care if someone doesn't like you."

--Robert Maxwell, USS Protector

It's no problem at all, Robert. As for the RTFM...it's all in good fun. I've seen it said so many times, that just this once, I couldn't resist saying it. smile.gif If you don't find anything to write about the history, Blades could use some more people for the Premptive Strike story, and I doubt that Badgerius would mind another ship getting involved in Eternal Diligence. It'll give you a chance to get involved, and we'd all enjoy seeing a new face around here. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

Prime Fleet

Commander, SIN Wing

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way."

- John Paul Jones

What I had in mind involved how Sygan became an Insurgent world. It was supposed to be an anti-GALCOM perspective on the BC3K timeline. After all, it's unfair to paint the Insurgents as being purely evil guys, isn't it? Everyone has their good points, I imagine. I've been looking through the old threads in this forum, and so far I have yet to find anything that explained Sygan's Insurgent status. But I shall look further. I do have one question, though: will I be ridiculed if I somehow fly in the face of established tales, or is this similar to other fanfic forums where everyone can have their own version of the universe?

------------------

"Being in command means you don't have to care if someone doesn't like you."

--Robert Maxwell, USS Protector

quote:

so far I have yet to find anything that explained Sygan's Insurgent status.

Real life answer: 'Cause Derek put them there. wink.gif

Game answer: extrapolating from the manual where insurgent assets were seized and most members jailed the remainder must have fled to Sygan.

Open up bc3kman.pdf and click the history bookmark in the left window.

quote:

I do have one question, though: will I be ridiculed if I somehow fly in the face of established tales, or is this similar to other fanfic forums where everyone can have their own version of the universe?

Don't touch established tales unless invited to join (or you ask to and are then invited). Even then do not alter anything that has passed before. All the large threads here are well thought out and it would upset people greatly if you went digging into them and messing things up. If, however, you wrote your own concise story and just mentioned seeing someone going by I think that would be ok. "Quoting" people's characters to use in your story needs to have permission though.

How much of your own version are you talking about? If you make up a character and develop him within the game's perspective using the game's technology that's fine. Some variations on tech are around but don't stray too far or you'll get called on it. smile.gif As in, no new ships, no weird weapons, etc.

Those are the basics.

------------------

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Official BC3K Tester