Prelude to the Dance

Jon Ballinger

/ooc Well, this may or may not be a surprise to you all. Whether or not it is, I'm not going to spill the beans any further than I have in the introduction post below, I'll leave that to the gamesmaster, Gallion. None of the Galcom or affiliated nations know any of this yet. Gallion will introduce the elements that set that off. This post, so to speak, is simply setting the scene.

---------------------------------------------

Prelude to the Dance

March 12th 3008

The windows were tinted, so as to remove prying eyes.

It would not do, Jarius Tren thought, to have them looking in on us.

Jarius looked down on them, an angry mob of civilians baying in the streets down below, and felt disgust.

"They sicken me," he said at last, the words barely audible. "Do they not know the effort it took for us to claim our place as rightful rulers of this quadrant? Do they yearn for the dark days again?" Thunder rolled in the distance, adding emphasis to Jarius' words.

"No matter," he said, turning away from the window and locking eyes with a Gammulan Warrior standing before him. "Seek out a ringleader, someone at the front. Shoot him." Jarius reflected a moment before adding, "Or her."

He walked back into the centre of the room and sat down at his chair. Jarius Tren looked around him, at the other four members of the Gammulan War Council. "So, my friends, we must show these weaklings our claws. We must bloody our claws and dance on the remains of who -- or what -- ever crosses us. We must show the galaxy just who we are."

None of the other four spoke. "The Gammulan nation should not have fallen into disarray. We have allowed irregularities to creep into our hold on the populace. They even talk of possible diplomacy. The only diplomacy that will pass through this room is our acceptance of any surrenders that may be offered. Co-existence is out of the question. The Gammulan Quadrant will become just that, a quadrant for Gammulans only.

"We shall stoke the fires of the populace again, while removing the dead elements on the way. Gammula will be the jewel of the Gammulan Quadrant and once we have achieved that aim, we have three more available quadrants to turn to."

Jarius stood up again, rising to his full height of seven and a half feet. He appraised each of the four seated around the table, searching for signs of strength ... and also of weakness.

"I have ordered the very public execution of twenty-two members of the public. They are to be chosen at random by the computer from a snapshot of the crowd that throngs below us. This will quieten down the dissidents and allow us to get on with the real work. Now --"

"Sir, with all respect, you cannot be serious. Murdering twenty-two people just because they happen to be below us, registering their displeasure at how events are progressing." Jarius sat down slowly and examined M Inent Viktor carefully, looking for signs of treachery and subterfuge and found none. M Inent's emotions were clearly registered on his face and that pleased Jarius. This man could be trusted.

"I agree, I have no desire to be a part of any council that would randomly slaughter members of our public. If you proceed with this ... insanity, then you will also accept my resignation."

Someone else with guts, Jarius thought as he listened to Ki'l Dem'al. This council may yet be satisfactory. Jarius was careful not to allow any trace of pleasure to cross his face. He turned to the other two members of the council -- both of which had not said a word during this meeting so far -- and waited.

Ilps Fergot swallowed loudly and looked mildly embarrassed. "Uh," he said. "I feel that ... an example ... should be made." He seemed to find conviction in his words, "Yes, we should remove twenty-two people from the crowd below."

"Yes, yes," agreed Mind S'Ron. "That is surely the most efficient course of events."

Ki'l snorted loudly, "You know nothing yet you do not even have the courage to say you disagree, or even to state that you are unsure of what you wish to happen. Bah, you sicken me."

"I agree," Jarius stated, fixing Ki'l with his steely yellow eyes. They seemed to flare up a bright orange but when Ki'l looked again, they were yellow. "Courage in one's convictions is all that is required, whether they be wrong, or right. The coming events will test us surely and I needed to know if I had the correct people. I know I have." Jarius moved in his chair and was now looking at Ilps. "Guards."

Two Gammulan warriors entered the room and saluted Jarius crisply.

"Take these two away," Jarius said indicating Ilps and Mind. "Put them ... somewhere," he added, with a wave of his left hand. "Somewhere dark."

After the door had closed and the wailing shrieks of the two expelled Council members had long subsided, Jarius stood up. "Now that is over, lets get down to business," he said, brushing out a crease in his jacket.

"First, I must have your promise that you will not terminate twenty-two members of the public," M Inent demanded, glaring at Jarius.

"Of course. I had no intention of doing so, but I had to find some way of discovering which of you were spineless metaks that would rival even the Terrans!"

The members of the Gammulan War Council laughed at the comparison, first to an invertebrate occupant of the Gammulan swamps and then to the humans that inhabited the far side of the Galaxy.

Jarius said, "Display map WM1021."

An answering beep was followed by a holographic map appearing ten centimetres above the table. It was a two-dimensional rendition of the four quadrants of the Galaxy.

"Isolate the Gammulan Quadrant and expand in three dimensions."

Three of the quadrants winked out of existence and the remaining quadrant expanded to fill the tabletop. It then expanded upwards, showing the distance between planets and jumpgate links. Each system was enclosed within its own mini-sphere.

"Look at it. This is our quadrant and yet, we do not control it all. This is a totally unacceptable state of affairs. Ki'l, I would like you to remove the Falkerie presence as well as ensure that the Valkeries are in no doubt as to who is in control."

Jarius rotated the map and zoomed in on one system.

"Cerberus Starbase. A particulary nasty thorn in our side. I shall need your help, Ho'Sal, in removing this stain."

Jarius dismissed the map. "Ki'l, I estimate that the Falkerie removal should take no more than 2 days to put into action. After that you shall aid us in the reclamation of the Gammulan Quadrant."

Ki'l and M Inent nodded.

Jarius smiled and said, "After that, who knows?"

[This message has been edited by Jon Ballinger (edited 09-16-99).]

You don't know me, but wow, it is an honour to be the first to reply to a thread you've started. I hope you're not to disappointed with what we've done with this forum while you've been away. Things have been slowing down here recently, because lots of comanders have been going back to university/college and also there is the advent of 2.08RC9 and final. That is a great start, and I for one (and probably a great deal of others) eagerly await the next part.

Welcome back, sir! smile.gif

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky GCV Svoboda

ISS Fleet

http://www.watson-jones.swinternet.co.uk/Svoboda

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

quote:

You don't know me, but wow, it is an honour to be the first to reply to a thread you've started. I hope you're not to disappointed with what we've done with this forum while you've been away.

Thanks for the welcome back, Ben. I may not know you (or the others who have been posting to the RP forum) personally but I have been reading it. I may not have had the time to post but I certainly made the time to read.

So, no, I haven't been disappointed. Quite the opposite in fact, the standards have been kept high and I hope I can match them.

Gallion's offer for me to play the Head of the Gammulan War Council was too good to pass up and it also keeps me active on the forums and in the community while I work on CBS.

Thanks again,

------------------

Jon "Jester" Ballinger

Official BC3K Tester

ICV Essenson

Author, The Calm Before The Storm: http://jabsystems.co.uk/future/calmb4storm/

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

(RP)

M Inent had heard the words of his leader and, for a brief moment, had believed that he would have to either kill Jarius or die himself in the attempt. With much relief he had heard the second Scousel drop and had internally breathed a sigh of relief. He was not sure that he was equal to the attempt, and was sure that the price would have been high. Another word had caught his attention. Humans! Bah! The mere thought of them had sickened him. Transgressors, and Trespassers, the lot of them. What they did not destroy, they fowled for at least a millenium. His first encounter with a Human had been a brief one, but one that he would always remember. He had seen a Human ram his ship into a lead ship of the Gammulan Armada. That one Human had escaped in an Interceptor, only to join with another Battlecruiser before D Iminent could lock onto his IC and kill the Scum! He hoped that he would meet more of this caliber of enemy. It would be fun making them suffer before ridding the universe of Humans!

(RP)

Hope this was OK Jon, Just getting into Character. smile.gif

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"A dog, is a dog, is a dog, unless he's facing you. Then he becomes MR. DOG!"

Haitian Farmer.....1982

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 09-16-99).]

For those that are wondering, please refer to this thread:

www.bc3000ad.com/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000326.html

And to the rest of ye Galcom leader types - What ye post is what ye will reap wink.gif

(rp)

March 12th, 3008

Undetermined location in the Gammulan Quadrant

"What do you mean it doesn't work?" I asked my Chief Engineer, Lt. Cmdr. Montigue Scott, "It has been working for the past five years with no problems and now ye are telling me that it don't work!" I watched as Mr. Scott shuffled on his feet as he searched for an answer. An answer that I would believe, an answer that I knew I wouldn't like or want to hear.

"But...but...bu..," Scott began, "..I, no we, have been patching the Graf Spee up with micky mouse jury-rigs for the past eight years. You canno' expect them to last forever ser! There is only so far dat a stick of gum will go or last" I had to laugh at that, and laugh I did as I remembered the cliche that worked. Scott had a worried look on his face when he heard me laugh. Until he realized that I was not laughing at him or the situation at hand.

"So what are ye telling me Monti is that we need to make repairs. And that these repairs cannot be accomplished at out current location or under our current mission conditions," I asked my chief engineer. The rest of the bridge crew waited with baited breath for Scott's reply.

"Range, 25km and closing," Gweedo reported from the TacOps position, "Gammulan Military Tarin MK2, and loaded to the gills..."

I looked at the cargo manifest of our current target, a fat Gammulan Military supply transport enroute to Gammula. A transport loaded with several hard-to-find items, "Well Mister Scott, I am..."

"Aye Ser!" Scott finally replied. "We need to make repairs at a docking facility. The one at Cerebus should do right nicely."

Whew, I thought to me self, at least he didn't say Wraith-HQ. Londono parks his arse their and I don't want to have to deal with his insatiable demands or guono. "Very Well, disengage attack profile, stand-down the away teams, set course for LV-104," I ordered. I saw Scott breath a sigh of relief, Lt. Resprick - my incompetent and sorry excuse of a combat officer - also let out a sigh of relief. Gunny York shook his head in disdain at his Lieutenant's display.

"Send the Gams a present Gweedo," I added in retrospect, "engage transportor as required."

Gweedo nodded and complied with my orders. "T-bombs are away Sir!" he reported.

"Approaching Jump Gate," Lt. Gunnar Gunnarsson reported from Navaigation cutting off Gweedo's report.

"The Gam transport is drifting, Integrity down to 15 percent..."

"Entering LV-110, ETA to Cerebus is one hour Commander," Gunnar reported.

"Very well, Comms send this out to the Order," I said to the Comms Officer, Lt. Olonga Boswinski, "do not wait for a reply." "Aye Sir," she replied, "message sent, channel closed."

Ristar and the rest of the Council will be livid. That transport was our target. Intell had it that the Gams have developed a new cloaking technique and that the prototype of it is on that ship. A ship that we were to capture. A capture that was aborted all because of a 20 Galcred part and a rotten piece chewing gum.

(/rp)

------------------

Cmdr. Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

Commander, Corsair Wing

=Wraith Fleet=

Bushi of the Dragon Council

"Run Silient, Run Deep"

ICQ# 29486270

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 09-17-99).]

(RP)

Rattler had seen the unexpected withdrawall of a very familiar ship from the area. It had begun the engagement of a Gammulan Tarin, only to abort and head straight away to the jump gate. Rattler had intently scanned the Tarin for cargo. His eyes had seen the object of his search, and had sent a surgical strike group of marines over to retrieve that object. The Sgt. in command of that group had checked in after having a running firefight within the Tarin, reaching his ordered destination and tagging the device with a transponder. His last words spoken as a mortal Human were "Remainder of Team ALL Dead. Critically Wounded, No Way Home!" The Tarin had been unexpectedly shaken by violent internal explosions and it's integrity now indicated below 5%. The Sgt.'s Health factor had dropped to 23% and hovered there for less than a minute and suddenly dropped to ZERO! Rattler, and the Insurgency had just witnessed the complete destruction of a well trained Strike Group of Marines. Rattler would write the condolence letters personally for this group.

Rattler: Is the transponder still pinging?

Jester: Singing like a lark. Better now wait!

Rattler: Lock Transporter and Transport!

Jester: It's in our cargo hold already. I wasn't going to take any more chances. Additionally, I sent them a present to replace the one we took. We have 45 seconds to bugger out or someone won't be home for dinner!

Rattler: Set a coarse for Spectre! Engage Hyper Drive on my mark. ......Mark!

The Necromancer accelerated dramatically for a distance of 30000K and stopped dead in it's tracks. The Hyper Drive window opened up with an electrical brilliance that still amazed Rattler, even after all these years. Suddenly the Necromancer was gone. Gone, possessing the object that would prove vital in the years to come. Spectre had a new lease on life, paid dearly for with the loss of more Insurgent Blood. This was nothing new for Insurgents, but still hurt.

(RP/)

Ok Gallion, Couldn't wait on permission. Someone else might have stolen the idea and the Insurgency would have lost this golden opportunity! smile.gif

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Haitian Farmer.....1982

hehehe ... wink.gif

(rp)

1600 GST, March 12th, 3008

LV-104/Alpha Cygni

Cerebus, Corsair Wing Starbase

Personal Log

The mission was a fiasco. What was to be a milk-run assignment, capture one each Tarin Mark2 Transport vessel, turned into a can of worms. Once again the Graf Spee is visited by an unseen hand. A hand that I thought was erraticated several years ago in the Trenis System. Murphy has once again made his diabolical presence felt when the tractor beam failed. Not only did the tractor beam system fail, the entire weapons computer went with it. Mr. Scott is confident that both systems can be repaired within 12 hours; replaced would be a better term. After I reviewed the damage report, it would be cheaper and easier to replace both systems completely. The tractor beam is the easiest to replace. Replacing the weapons computer will prove to be more challanging. If LeFevre were still with us I would be more confident in the results. Sure the weapons systems would come back on line and be ever ready for attack or defense. What bothers me is getting the IFF Transponder bypass rerigged. The entire premise of the Graf Spee's silent running depends on the ablility to bypass the IFF transponder. Galcom insists that every Galcom vessel has a functional IFF Transponder and module installed. The IFF transponders are an intrical part of the weapons systems and are hardcoded and wired into them. Lt. Cmdr. Rico Cuervo assured me that he could figure out how LeFevre did it. He even said that he found some of her old notes. It is to bad old Monti doesn't remember how we bypassed the bloody thing all those years ago. I wonder what else can go wrong with the old girl. I have a bad feeling about this. A feeling that I have not felt since ... since ...

End Personal Log

"Docking complete Commander," Lt. Cmdr. Gweedo reported as the rest of the crew began to shut down the Graf Spee's systems. She would be here for a while. Both the Tractor Beam and the Weapons Computer had to be replaced. Once that was done, Lt. Cmdr. Rico Cuervo and Lt. Cmdr. Scott had to figure out how to bypass the IFF Transponder once again. Normally Gweedo would supervise the ship repairs but I had a little surprise for him. One that is long overdue.

"Lt. Cmdr. Gweedo," I began, "you are relieved of your duties, report to my office on Cerebus ASAP with all your gear." Gweedo's astonished look was worth it. He had earned what he had coming. "Lt. Gunnarsson will assume your duties until further notice." With that said and done I left the bridge and the ship. I had a surprise to keep and a starbase to inspect. One I looked forward to, the other I dreaded.

"Gallion to Cerebus," I piped into my comm link, "I want a current SITREP on my desk in five minutes and have Colonel Arnold there with it too." I turned the comm link off without waiting for a reply. Corsairs can and will do anything that Galcom wants; especially what Galcom does not want. I know, I trained them and that is what scares me the most...

(/rp)

------------------

Cmdr. Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

Commander, Corsair Wing

=Wraith Fleet=

"Run Silient, Run Deep"

ICQ# 29486270

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 09-17-99).]

Time to get into the foray myself. The fun is only beginning... smile.gif

[RP]

Scene: Corridor ---> Transporter Room, GCV Swiftsure

Date: March 12, 3008. 1410 GST

Benjamin Somerset strode into the transporter room, with a questioning look aimed at Transporter Chief Johnson. "Mr. Johnson, how long until the supplies are all aboard?"

The Chief looked over at the Commander, and quickly replied "It shouldn't be much longer, sir. We have 2 more cargo pallets to beam aboard, and transfer to the cargo bays. Not more than 20 or 30 minutes." He turned his head back toward the console, pressed a few buttons, and activated the transporter. A cargo pallet shimmered into existence in front of them, encompassing the whole transporter pad.

"Very well, Chief." Somerset said, as he left the transporter room, and headed for the bridge.

-----

Scene: Bridge, GCV Swiftsure

Date: March 12, 3008. 1428 GST

The bridge crew was assembled at their stations, awaiting the word from the Commander. But before he could give the word, he had to have a word from the Chief Engineer. So they sat, and waited.

A few minutes later, the intercom chimed. {O'Malley to Bridge. All the supplies are loaded aboard. We can depart at your discretion.} The Irishman had gotten the job done, right on time. Somerset silently thanked the man, who kept the ship running, by some miracle. His title of "Miracle Worker" was well earned.

"Understood, Shawn. We're getting underway now. Somerset out," he said, closing the connection. "Mr. Ishikawa, plot a course for Artemis Base. Kamarov, engage silent running mode. Karen, when the course is laid in, engage at 750kps." With the orders given, the bridge crew responded quickly.

Ishikawa had the course to the small base deep in Gammulan space plotted quickly. He was extremely good at his job, and kept Operations running at top efficiency for far longer than it should. "Course plotted and laid in, Commander."

"Engaging engines, ahead 750kps." McAllister reported soon after. They would be going relatively slow, due to the restrictions of silent running. The speed reduced engine emissions to a level which was virtually undetectable. The reactor output was maintained at a mere fraction of it's full potential. That would make it much harder for anyone to detect the radiation signature of the reactor, since it equaled that of the background radiation that was always present in space. However, there was one down side to silent running. They had an extremely limited speed, and it took a long time to reach that speed. It would take almost 2 hours to get to cruise speed under silent running.

"Silent running system engaged, sir." Kamarov said from tactical. Under this, the ship went to passive sensors only, making them virtually blind. But they couldn't be detected if they didn't use active scanning, which meant passive scanning only. Their job was stealth, and they did it well.

"Very well. Set the standard sailing watch. ETA to Artemis?" he asked of McAllister.

"We should arrive at Artemis in 48 hours, Commander," she immediately replied.

"Actually, 48 hours, 4.8 minutes, sir." Soran said from his station. He had a penchant for being overly accurate.

It was then that the computer announced, {Set standard sailing watch. Beta shift on duty in 10 minutes. Beta shift on duty in 10 minutes.}

"Mr. Ishikawa, since you're the Beta shift commanding officer, the bridge is yours. I'll be in my ready room." Somerset said as he rose from his chair, and he walked through the doors to the ready room as they slid open and shut behind him.

------

Scene: Ready Room, GCV Swiftsure

Date: March 12, 3008. 1440 GST

Somerset made his first stop upon entering the ready room at the servitor. "Tea, Earl Grey, hot," he requested. The computer whirred in response, and a few moments later, the tea appeared in the receiving window. He grabbed the steaming cup and walked over to his chair as he sipped the tea gently. He sat down, and placed the cup onto a coaster on the desk, and reached into his pockets. Somerset extracted a small case with a GCN logo, and a lighter. Slowly, he lit a cigarette, and inhaled deeply. Blowing out the smoke, he reached over, and activated the log recorder.

"Commander's Log, March 12, 3008. We've finished minor repairs and onload of supplies at Argos Base. Mr. O'Malley reports that he has managed to finally isolate and repair the pattern enhancer after the last mishap with the transporter that occured when we were resupplying Artemis Base with the transporter about 4 weeks ago.

Our orders are to proceed to Artemis, and resupply them. When the resupply is complete we are going to head for home, after a 2 month operational cruise here in Gammulan space. I'm looking forward to getting out of here, and seeing something other than the bulkheads of this ship for a change. With 48 hours to Artemis, 2 hours to resupply the Base, and another 3 days to get back to Rinaal, we'll be back in friendly territory in less than a week. The crew needs a break, and it won't be long until we get it." Somerset flicked the button, and ended the log as he crushed out the cigarette in his ashtray. Only 50 hours, and they would be on their way home. He, and everyone else aboard, welcomed the thought with open arms.

[/RP]

Just some more of 'setting the scene.'

Gallion: check ye mail

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

Prime Fleet

Commander, SIN Wing

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way."

- John Paul Jones

[This message has been edited by Ben Somerset (edited 09-21-1999).]

Okay, I am joining now. Just sent a background to Dan and Gallion for approval. So the following is subject to changes... smile.gif

(RP)

Stardate 03/12/3008, 1400 GST

LV-130/Alpha Canis

SB Fenrir, Marauders Wing HQ

Personal Log

Another boring day is nearly over. Well, the training of the new rookies is finished, and the maneuver tomorrow will be their final test. If all goes well, I have to recommend them for promotion to "Tac" and GALCOM HQ.

Just let's hope they work together this time, and refrain from those "heroic" solo actions. I can make no reproach to Sally, she invested more time than they really deserved. Well, they are her "boys", we will see this night how they are doing.

I have to remember to visit Earth in July. I promised Joyce to be there on little Walter's 10th birthday. Joyce has never forgiven me that I did not return to Earth with her, but instead opted to join the Wraith Fleet

in early 2999.

Damn, I have too much time lately. Too much time to hang in the past and on private problems. As all the others, I wish something would happen, anything to divert me from this deadly daily routine...

Well Joe, admit it, you're getting old. 40 is coming in great steps. Dammit. Heheh, and talking to yourself is a sign of becoming senile, as Bill never tires to remind me.

End Personal Log

*knock* *knock*

"Yeah, who is it?"

"Joe, all daily checks are done. Stations are up and working, as usual. The old veterans have their ships prepared to kick some serious butt on the simulated attack tomorrow. We will see then, if our greenies are ready for it!" Lt. Cmdr. Sally Fields, my long time Tactical Officer, and 1st officer, produced a smile.

"Nice work. Tell your 'boys,' they got the rest of the day free. Oh, we start this event at 0100 GST this night, remember not to let it show." I grinned and dismissed her.

(/RP)

I play it calm here, being far off from where the action will start. But we all now, information travel fast....

Cya out there!

------------------

Cmdr. Joe Gudihl, GCV-Dark Star, =Wraith Fleet=

Commander, Marauders Wing

"Remember, we are trained professionals... Don't try this at home!"

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

[This message has been edited by Thomas Siemens (edited 09-19-99).]

(RP)

It had taken less than 3 Standard Hours for Rattler and Jester to get their prize back to Spectre. It had been a large package, approximately 10 times larger than the standard issue for a Battlecruiser but, it was designed to do the job for an object much larger than a Battlecruiser. The Senior Engineers on Spectre had immediately gone to work on their "pet" project and had completed the task of "tying it in" in less than another 6 hours. It's fuel source had been loaded, plenty of reserves laid in for extended operation if required. When it came time for the initial testing, Rattler was informed. He had positioned observation craft at all viewing angles and distances from Spectre. It was now time. Time to see if all this was worth it. Time for Spectre to realize the full potential of it's design.

Rattler..."Ok Gentlemen, stand-by for initial testing. Report all that you see! Engineers, work your magic!"

The observation craft all saw, or didn't see what all this hub-bub was about. With a twinkling, shimmering instant held motionless in time, Spectre first became an irradescent/translucent image in their viewers. Within 30 seconds Spectre had gone from a real object with mass to an opaque immage, to just plain GONE!

Observation Craft One....."Where the Hell did it go? It was there a second ago. I know it was! Now what do we do. Anybody know where the docking bays are now? It's like it never existed. No emissions, no docking beacons, NO Nothing! Now what do we do?"

Rattler looked at Jester and grinned. His "Old Friend" was doing the same to Rattler. After slapping themselves on the back and shaking each other's hand, Rattler had issued a station wide directive to cease with the test. Spectre had reappeared just where the observation craft had last seen it. TEST CONCLUDED! SUCCESS AT LAST.

Rattler....."We'll call this Raven Walters.

Raven to honor Akira's obtaining that fuel source, and Walters for Sgt. Walters who died making sure that we had the device. From now on, when Raven Walters is mentioned, Spectre will NOT be home! Understood?"

(/RP)

That should just about settle the issue of the Gamm's bypassing Spectre should they come knocking. smile.gif

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Haitian Farmer.....1982

Rattler,

this is just too easy! Heheh.

Well, SS Gammula has used such a device for years - let's hope they did not invent some other device to see "through" this trick (to be able to dock at their own station, for ex.)... wink.gif

Thomas (a.k.a. Gudihl)

[This message has been edited by Thomas Siemens (edited 09-19-99).]

I'm assuming that since this was a prototype on it's way to Gammula Prime, they wouldn't have had time to develope ALL the where-with-all to know it's full potentials and weaknesses. I can modify my earlier post to say that we had changed the wavelengths, etc; to make it invisible to all except known vessels. > Don

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Haitian Farmer.....1982

And I was looking foward to watching the Gam's knock on Rattler's door as well! *grin*

Oh well, at least they know their cloak prototype suddenly dissapeared...and when they fly by the insurgent planet, they may notice that "it" is no longer there. If the Gam's are as bright as they seem, they might put two and two together and... well, lets just wait and see hehe.

[RP ON]

March 11th, 3008

Alpha Cygni, Falkerie Homeworld

//Ship's Log

Transfer of supplies to the Falkeirie resistance cells has been completed. We continue under silent running, always watchful of the constant Valkerie and Gammulan patrols.

In two hours this Usagi will leave this quadrant via F12 Fluxfield to Omega Eridani to rendezvous with Cmdr. Gudihl to oversee the Wargames he has been planning. It is a good thing the Usagi filled her fuel tanks to the brim, we will be able to remain cloaked and see the games without announcing ourselves...perhaps even jolt those green cadets a bit.

Cmdr Gallion is due to report in 3 days, I hope he has a darn good excuse for missing that transport, the ISS was counting on Corsair to deliver that package..now they are furious. Perhaps it is time to assign sensitive missions to SiN, it is after all, their job, not Corsair's. Curse the fates that had Gallion's ship as the closest vessel to intercept.

//End Log

Hey cool new features in this forum :-)

------------------

Fleet Commander

Daniel "Tac" Londono

GCV Usagi

=Wraith Fleet=

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

Massing of the Fleet

13th March 3008

Jarius Tren allowed himself a rare smile as he watched Gammula's surface grow smaller before him. He turned round and straightened up in the shuttle seat.

"Not long now, sir," assured the pilot. "We shall reach Orbital within the hour."

"Good," replied Jarius, before falling silent again.

Jarius preferred to think on the flights from the surface to Gammula Spacestation, in high orbit around Gamma 2. There were many who would like to know what he was thinking at any one time and it was for this precise reason that Jarius Tren kept the majority of his thoughts unspoken and unrecorded. A finely honed memory, built up through a childhood of ridicule poured on him for his desire to learn. Those who ridiculed him were now worthless, unproductive members of Gammulan society, incarcerated or, in some cases, dead. Not one of the people who had taunted Jarius for his tendencies to learn new things was in a position to atagonise him further.

Now Jarius was being chaffeured to Orbital so that he could oversee the final preparations for the Final Purge. Gamma 2 would sparkle as the jewel in the crown of the galaxy, surrounded by lesser gems. He waited, eyes fixed on a star twinkling in the distance, as the shuttle moved inexorably closer to the spacestation that was but a stepping stone bridging the river of his fate.

"Xoriasis, clearance is granted, proceed to bay one."

Jarius was snapped out of his thoughts by the voice of Orbital's flight controller. He listened as the pilot acknowledged the message and began the maneuvres that would place Xoriasis in line with bay one. The shuttle docked smoothly and quickly.

"We're here, sir," the pilot said.

Jarius bristled slightly, annoyed at being told the plainly obvious, but gritted his teeth and said nothing. He rose from his seat and left the shuttle after his two armed escorts. Insignificant personnel dressed in shiny suits stood to attention, two lines flanking his path to the station proper. Jarius suffered the annoyance in silence, it would not do to cause a scene when his masterplan was so near to being put into action. Jarius asked to be taken directly to his stormcarrier.

Less than half an hour later, Jarius saw his flagship standing proud in bay four, held in place by mooring tractor beams. From the position Jarius was in, he could see out of the bay, into space. He allowed himself to smile; the galaxy and Gamma 2 were a fitting backdrop for the Red Lance.

"Is she fully stocked?" Jarius asked the station quartermaster who was now beside him.

"Yes, sir!" he barked, topping off the sentence with a quickfire salute.

Jarius saluted quickly and continued, "Are all the other craft here and stocked?"

"All the craft involved in the initial phase are here, save for the Fourth Order which should shortly be arriving from Sorius, and fully loaded. All the remaining craft are en route and will remain in a holding pattern outside. We shall restock the majority of them via shuttle and transporters. They shall be ready late tomorrow."

Jarius nodded. This was good, the First, Second and Fourth orders were ready and the Third, Fifth, Sixth, and Seventh would be ready tomorrow. Jarius boarded the Red Lance and headed for the bridge. Jarius appraised his bridgecrew and saluted them before sitting down. He spoke a few commands and once the computer had responded with an affirmative, Jarius began talking anew.

"Crew of the Red Lance, this is your captain speaking. Within one galactic standard day we shall put into motion our future. If you are close to a viewport or a holoscreen please look outside and witness the rebirth of the Gammulan nation. Courage be with you."

Jarius sat back and watched the bridge viewer screen. The target was the jump gate from LV-115 and it was not long before the lights surrounding it began to flash; an indication of an imminent arrival. The first stormcarrier of the Fourth Order emerged from the LV-115 jumpgate and slowed to a stop. Within minutes it had been joined by five others and, once they were lined up, they approached the spacestation in unison.

"Launch," Jarius said, still watching the arrivals stream into the system.

The Red Lance was the first craft to emerge from Gammula and as it settled into a holding pattern to the right of the spacestation, it was joined by more First Order craft. Shortly the Second Order craft began to leave the station too. The initial craft of the Fourth Order had by now reached the spacestation and they halted below Gammula spacestation.

Jarius said, "Computer, take a message ..."

------------------

Jon "Jester" Ballinger

Official BC3K Tester

ICV Essenson

Author, The Calm Before The Storm: http://jabsystems.co.uk/future/calmb4storm/

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

[This message has been edited by Jon Ballinger (edited 09-22-1999).]

One loose end to tie up then on with the show wink.gif

(rp)

2258 GST, March 13, 3008

LV-104/Alpha Cygni

Cerebus, Corsair Wing Starbase

Personal Log

The surprise that I gave Gweedo was well worth the wait. He was totally unprepared for what I gave him - command of his own Battlecruiser, the Galactan Class MKII, GCV Prinze Eugen. For a moment I thought that he was gonna start crying. Not that I would blame him. He is the first Corsair to be promoted within the Wing's ranks to Commander and the First Corsair to gain his own command. Maybe the Corsair stigma is gone and we are no longer the misfits of Galcom. Colonel Arnold on the other hand, is an incompetent buffoon. The ever-inept Lt. Resprick looks like a genius compared to Col Arnold. The defensive upgrades and reinforcements that I ordered installed and in place before departing on the now failed mission have not been instituted. Why Galcom assigned him to Cerebus is still a mystery to me. I will recommend convening a General Courts-Martial and charge him with dereliction of duty, conduct unbecoming and officer, and anything else that I can think of. Cerebus is a sitting duck.

The only bit of good news within the past 24 hours came from Mr. Scott. Repairs to the Graf Spee are complete and all systems are 100% operational. Monti and Rico also managed to rerig the IFF bypass. The IFF transponder will only activate when the weapons systems are on-line. At least something went right around here.

The LPs/OPs scattered about the Gam Quad are singing like canaries. Several LPs/OPs are noting some unusual activity. This may be a false alarm. It has happened before. Flt. Cmdr. Ristar and the Order are requesting confirmation. I sent Gweedo and the Prinze Eugen on his first mission; to investigate and alerted the rest of the Wing of possible Gammulan Fleet movement. Only one of the Wing's currently deployed five BCs have replied acknowledging receipt of message, the Blackwidow. I need proof before I raise the alarm. S.I.N. Wing is resupplying Artemis tomorrow, maybe they can confirm or deny the dread that I feel. Something is not right. Something tells me that this is not another falsey. Something tells me that this is ... the real McCoy.

End Personal Log

(/rp)

Unless anyone has anything else to setup before the show begins, the action will continue in the Gamma Omega thread.

The gates of Hades are now open and the demon hoard is pissed wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

Commander, Corsair Wing

=Wraith Fleet=

"Run Silient, Run Deep"

ICQ# 29486270

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 09-22-1999).]