Pre-emptive Strike (comments)

Charles Lindsey

Well, the old "Insanity Loves Company" thread was rather large. And this fits with the titles of the threads. Those are my excuses. smile.gif

Anyway, gimmee time to think Blades. I could hack and slash or tie into to previous stories. I'll put something up soon.

Charles/Chavik

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There it is Blades. For good or for bad. If I screwed up too much tell me and I'll fix it.

So what's next? {G}

This thread was meant for general discussion of the RP thread as you outlined.

But there it is.

Charles/Chavik

AKA

McKendrick

[This message has been edited by Charles Lindsey (edited 09-19-99).]

Brain washing, eh? biggrin.gif

Being a member of that ship must be a dream job...

Cya out there.

------------------

Cmdr. Joe Gudihl, GCV-Dark Star, =Wraith Fleet=

Commander, Marauders Wing

"Remember, we are trained professionals... Don't try this at home!"

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Dream job? Nooooooooo. The Chikuma is destined for tradgedy and untold horrors. But enough of that for now. As for the Brain washing, well, it's more like a 'Memory Block' more than anything. Good, but not 100% effective [mail me for details].

Oh yeah, were about half way through the plot now, so keep it comming crew.

Chavik, everythings fine. Keep it up!

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

May not need to break the rest of it into parts, apparently this latest UBB upgrade will do it automatically when the thread gets long enough.

I liked that last log from the GCV-Tsunami. It's a nice plot twist, Blades, and leaves several different paths to take from there. Good on ya. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr Pherrett

GCV-STRATOS

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

-- George Santayana

"You got to change your evil ways"

--Carlos Santana

Leiser Morder, are you still playing the part of Stephanie Hoffman? (I think that was the name) The "new" system engineer. Miss "Headlamps" as Gallion calls her. It's been a while and I had a wild thought. If you still want control of her I will leave her alone. Otherwise fair game.

Blades, what's your waiting period? You willing to post on her behalf if necessary? I don't think it will be but.... you never know. Anyway just an idea.

It would be a very minor subplot on what Lynx posted on. (I.E. waking up and acting goofy for a while, I had other thoughts but this will work as well. In fact, I could add the goofy part to my original thoughts. ALL is well! Just wondering about things. )

Charles

Well gang, should it become neccesary for me to take control of anyone, I will do that as an when It needs to be done. As for waiting times, well, your ebst bet is to check often and start putting pen to proverbial paper quickly. This beast dont sit still for too long, and with everything about to get real manic real quick, I'd recomend a bunch of short posts instead of the occasional big one.

But hey, thats jsut my advice. Who am I to argue? smile.gif

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

Well Blades, I didnt think you would HAVE to take ove rthe Stephanie character but I thought you would like some input as you like ot do occasionally. If this character is abandoned... smile.gif

Basically she will find me in the shuttle and wake me up. If Miss (?) Leiser Morder doesnt' retain control that is.

If she retains control then I will simply wake up myself. smile.gif No prob. Just wanted to add a twist.

Charles

Dont worry, I dont think I'll have to take over anybodys characters. I'm just saying I will do if people dissapear for a while and the character needs to do somthing.

Anyway, has anybody got any thoughts regarding the latest going's on onboard the good ship Chikuma?

Post 'em here and I might throw you a bone or two. smile.gif

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

Woah! I've been unavailable for a week and look what happens! Yikes! I try to get caught up and I have to do it twice over for half the time! Blades, is there any way you can send me a summary of what's happened?

By the way, just so you know... I will be starting up a new First Command thread in the next day or so. I mean it this time. It WILL be there. And GCV Chikuma's IC2 pilot and co-pilot will be making another appearance as well. Once I figure out what's going on smile.gif

[email protected]

Thanks!

------------------

Commander David Foss, GCV Deterrence

[This message has been edited by David Foss (edited 09-22-1999).]

With all the secrecy and things about, you can't tell. But...the way I see it, it's possible that the Chikuma is actually the renegade ship. Especially with Blade's log entry. Of course, I could be totally wrong, but that's the way I see it.

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

Prime Fleet

Commander, SIN Wing

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way."

- John Paul Jones

Well Ben, I've heard worse thoerys smile.gif

Yup, a lot bee goin on and a lot more in the pipework. This beast has enough twists n turns to give the most paranoid conspicicy thoerist a run for their money. But I aint sayin anything . . . yet.

As for plot catchup . .

Sorry, you'll have to read the posts. I cant even begin to think where to start on this one. Hey, it's a good read though. smile.gif

So, anyone got any more ideas as to whats goin on? Love to hear from players and readers alike.

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

Somehow I dont' think Blades would write the main character as being the bad guy. But i could be wrong. What is obvious is that SOMEONE (or several) is being mislead. This thing reaches into the high uppity uppity ranks of Galcom. Someone is trying to cover something up.

My thoughts only.

Charles

Just to throw this out there.

I'm sure I'm way off base, but this is the plot as I see it.

Gamms pissed us off. We're going to do some very bad things to the gamms. However, we can't do it offically, because what we're going to do is going to be so bad. SO! Here's the skinny. We got orders to be bad bad men on our way to whatever deed most foul we're about to preform. So, we're blasting everyone so after we commit our artrocity HQ can say "SEE! TOLD YOU THEY WERE BADDIES!" and deny having anything to do with it.

So, we get to be happy we hit 'em where it hurt, but we don't have to admit it, and chumika and her crew are up shinola creek.

But, we'll give those dirty *******s what for. Time to stand up and spit in 'ol nick's eye one last time..

Like I said, I might be way off, but that's what it looks like we're leading into.

Well.. either that or the commander heard one too many spice girl song and went completely crackers. Then it's just a mad, mad, joyride with a complete nutbag at the helm. But I'm easy either way. Although I am cuuious to see what Nicholai is gonna do with IC3...

[This message has been edited by Bad Mojo (edited 09-23-1999).]

My, look at you lot hedging your bets smile.gif

Cant say I blame you. One thing I'm curious about. The majority of the story has been written from the perspective of the command staff, and the RP'ers amongst you are playing the minor characters. What I'm wondering is this, do you prefer to participate in this manner (Caught in the wake so to speak) or have more control over the major events?

I'm asking you this because I'm already drafting up plans for another RP thread some time in the next few months and I want to to get some feed back to help make the next thread even more of a joy to write and observe as this one.

As always, suggestions are welcome smile.gif

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

quote:

The majority of the story has been written from the perspective of the command staff, and the RP'ers amongst you are playing the minor characters. What I'm wondering is this, do you prefer to participate in this manner (Caught in the wake so to speak) or have more control over the major events?

This has been fun for me. If you decide to let it run amuck next time be prepared to be shaken to your boots. We are a tricky lot. smile.gif

Charles

Speakin of late posts . . . . where has everyone else got to? Gallion, Tac, Foss . . I'm lookin at *you*.

Yeah, and I'll get round to postin again right after Chav does. Promise. smile.gif

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

Grr, I just had a post nearly ready and I can't do it now. I was just about to interact with your post and then you got away! Nice posts, though. smile.gif

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky GCV Svoboda

ISS Fleet

http://www.watson-jones.swinternet.co.uk/Svoboda

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

I don't like the time indexes because I'm not good at them. smile.gif Trying to decide when I did something and how long it took is a real pain. I hope everyone understands I'm fitting in concurrently and not two weeks ago. [grin]

Now that it's calmed down I can begin again. There was a big jump a while back that confused me.

Charles

Speak of the devil and he appears. Sheesh Gallion, I just mailed ya asking how ya been. Havent' seen ya in awhile and now you're catching a plan. {G} wink.gif

You ought to be able to jump right back in (my flimsy excuse for staying on topic)and I'm looking forward to it.

Blades is killing me though. smile.gif I didn't mean to be a focal point of the plot. (for now, and don't worry Blades, I love it . It's making me think.)

Welcome back, jump right in this mess, and good to hear from you.

Charles

"The wicked one"