Preemptive Strike: Part Four

Blades

[rp]

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 45 minutes

Damn that was close. Those blippin special feces types are good. Barely managed to skip away form them special pricks. I gonna have to be more careful. Now lets see what I dig up [plugs in remote unit; deflector control]

-----

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 41 minutes

Now what the heck can Obsolete Matter mean? No reference in database. Must be some new kinda nutripak. Got into the droid control routine. Sure was a simple affair, almost like stealing candy from a babe...

-----

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 38 minutes

Jimminy cricket dufas! No wonder it was easy, them special pricks have pegged me. Them flippin fecal types are good, damn good. They managed to put a tracer on me. Gotta be kool, gotta be smart. OK, I gots a few minutes before they gets to me. Gotta gets to work then amscray outta here.

-----

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 37 minutes

OK, Tracer pegged and spike set in place. Track me now and see what ye gonna get. Trust no one and nothing. Phantom sig plugged into Perscan, should give me time to hole up somewhere safe. The russian wench will have to wait until then.

-----

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 35.79 minutes

Whew, it is hot as hell down here. Wasn't at all like this the last time I was in the bilges. Now where the heck is that conduit at? Ah, here it is ... now to have some real fun...

-----

System Engineer #13

Benni Arnald

GCV Chikuma

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 10-07-1999).]

[RP ON]

Well, if there's one good thing about being the bozo carrying the medikits its that I lag in the rear... not exactly in the rear, I got two people behind me. It's good to be king.

Argh.Gotta stop daydreaming..this is no time to doze off into wonderland.

The rifle was getting heavier now... at times he was beggining to think Wristlasers were kinda OK considering his predicament. Naturally, he had attributed his previous idiotic opinion to anxiety, but the thought still rolled in the back of his mind.

Neena had been leading them through the ship, carefully and silently to avoid a run-in with the black clad goons. Clotted blood on the floor hinted previous goon activity in this part of the ship... the engineer with them had been sick for a while, I had to singe him with a relaxant to keep him quiet and odorless. We can't afford to have those black dogs sniff us out because of his vomit. Damn convenient time to discover his hemophobia. Grrrr.

[RP OFF]

Ok, when do we get there? When do we get to shoot something? *grin*

[This message has been edited by Tac (edited 10-07-1999).]

Mission + 23 days 14 hours 4 minutes

McKendrick was hot, very hot and very sweaty.

It had been over three hours since he had seen Mister Polovoski. McKendrick wondered where she could be and why Rod was taking so long finding her. He had stayed busy though. Not only had he pulled the ATV's and the drones out he had plaed them to their maximum benefit. He hoped at least. The drones were scattered in a lazy semicircle around the entrance of the internal bay doors. Mainly horizontal but skewed just enough to gove maximum coverage. The ATV's were behind the drones in another semicircle. Also seemingly scattered about but the lasers were pointed at the entrance. At least I hope they look scattered about, thought Mckendrick. Sorry goons. He was trying to kill me.

That had taken over an hour. The drones had had to be pushed into position. Upon offloading they had immediately gone to their docking stalls. Automatics *******s, thought McKendrick. In or out. No between. He had maged to decouple the drive shaft on all of them and got the droids to push them into place. He had helped. He had to. The drones were a match even for the cumulative power of the droids. His input had been just enough. He had unzipped the top half of his jump suit to the waist. He was about to toss the whole thing when propriety got the best of him. Best not leave the world in almost the same thing you came in with. He laughed long and hard at that. Even the droids who had been carrying out his instructions paused in their labors to assimilate this behaviour. McKendrick just laughed harder and entered shuttle 4.

Mission plus 23 days 18 hours 53 minutes (Sick time starts)

Query, search, query. Neena Polovoski. Neena Polovoski? The droid displayed on his screen as a crewmember walked by.

The crewmember, not knowing anything of droids, simply walked past.

Query, search, query. Neena Polovoski. Neena Polovoski?

Another crew member walked straight past the droid.

If the droid could have been upset it would have been. It had gotten no help from anyone it encountered. After the last quizzical look from a crewmember the droid spotted a data terminal. It immediatey went over to it and processed the same command. An image of perscan, albeit in binary , appeared. Neena Polovoski was on the bridge. Rod began his journey. When at the bridge Rod queried a few more individuals but they were false leads as well, another data terminal at the bridge showed that Neena Polovsky was in Medibay. The droid began the journey from deck 1 bridge to deck 2 Medibay.

When at Medibay Rod checked another terminal. She was still there. He went over to the door but it refused to automatically open. He had been given a set of orders to carry out. Completion of those orders depended on delivering a message. To deliver the message Medibay must be entered. Medibay has one entrance.

The droids computer processed that information in a split second and did the only thing it could do. Attempt entry. The door held fast against his first and second attempts and he was just about to try other measures when it opened. The droid entered and began querying Neena Polovoski. No one seemed to understand so he roes to his full height and accessed the Medibay computer and displayed the message again and all proceeding events. The Biologicals talked a bit then left. Without clear instructions Rod fell into to analytical mode. He went over the conversation and decided that the shuttle bay was the next set of orders. He exited the Medibay and began the trip.

Mission + 23 days 19 hours 30 minutes

Mckendrick was dancing. Not in the literal sense of the word but he was dancing. He had the droids in concert. It was beautiful. They had positioned the drones and the ATV's. Then they had begun working on the missiles. They had pulled some portable racks over and placed the missiles on them. McKendrick had opened the controls panels and defeated the safeties the the help of the droids.Then they had wired the launch command into the shuttle's weapons control. That had been a stroke of luck, discovering that the shuttles used the same board as the IC's. Galcom trying to save a penny he thought as he grinned. He'd had to link it to tractor beam control but inside the ship the tractor beam would be useless anyway.

Man it's hot in here. And I'm getting hungry too. I shoulda grabbed something from the galley on my way down here. Man it's hot. I feel like I got the flu. Can't be. I got immunized before this last tour of duty. But it sure is hot. "Ok guys, R-1 thru R-4 follow me. Rod!" McKendrick said as the droid entered the shuttle bay. "You too, follow me." Damn I'm dizzy.

The droids that he had brought onto the Chikuma via his shuttle responded. They all had R0D model numbers. Only the serial numbers were different. With only seven left McKendrick had been tempted to name them after the dwarves but he couldn't remember their names. "This is the directional control. This is throttle, and this is the laser. This one over here is the APM missile. Use that only as a last resort. I need you guys to target anything moving but do not fire unless I give the command. I'm expecting some friends."

R-1 stayed in ATV 4 and the other drones went to their respective machines. McKendrick bent over and had the dry heaves. Damn I'm dizzy. Just let those sorry goons come mess with me now. Good thing I found those lasers in SC-1.

McKendrick was in SC-4 looking for a medpak when he heard the ATV's begin moving as if they were targeting something.

RP OFF (hope someone brought the med kit antidote. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Charles Lindsey (edited 10-07-1999).]

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 35 minutes

[Narrative On]

Engineering was about to become a very confusing place.

The corridor outside engineering was also about to become a confusing place.

Several things seemed to happen at the same time.

The first thing was the sudden arrival of teams four, nine and ten. Their instructions were to take control of engineering, take Chief Spencer into custody and await the arrival of teams three, five and eight to lock down the engineering crew present.

However, as the three teams rounded the corridor and bore down on engineering, they happened across Lt.Commander Neena Polovoski and her band of would be mutineers at the opposite end of the corridor.

For a brief moment, both sides were motionless, then Mallones marines began taking firing positions.

In response, the combat officers mutineers began taking defensive positions of their own, grabbing cover within doorways and pointing their assortment of firearms down towards Mallones men.

For the longest time there was silence, neither side willing to commit to open combat. Althoug Mallones marines were hard trained and dedicated soldiers, there was not one amongst them that actually wanted to kill one of their own.

One of the marines from Mallones side shouted an order to the combat officer. The order was simple, lay down your arms and surrender immediately.

In response, Lt.Commander Neena Polovoski informed her counterpart that it was they that should stand down and surrender, citing illegal orders and charges of war crimes.

For the longest time (In actuality a mere twenty seconds) both sides faced off against eachother.

Had it not been for the untimely arrival of teams three, five and eight, there could have been a possibility of peacefully ending the conflict. However, as teams three, five and eight rounded the same corridor that the other teams occupied, a nervous (And extremely paranoid) marine from NeenaÔÇÖs troupe, opened up with his rifle and dropped two of the new arrivals before anyone had a chance to stop him.

As a result, a mass of weapons fire engulfed the corridor, and the fine line between war and peace broken apart.

Before the conflict was complete, engineering would be stormed, everyone still present within killed and the survivors from NeenaÔÇÖs team beating a fast retreat to the shuttle bay.

The battle for the Chikuma had just begun.

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 25 minutes

[Narrative Off]

***** Please note, the outcome of the battle for engineering has already been established, and players not wanting to get wiped out had best post their escape story quick sharpish. Another quick point, there are 18 enemy marines present in this conflict. *****

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#43692958

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 30 minutes

[Narrative On]

Jenifer LoganÔÇÖs Personal Log

I donÔÇÖt understand whats going on anymore. Before everything went nuts a few days ago

When the war broke out with the Gammulans, everything was fine. Dad had calmed down and withdrawn most of his complaints against Commander Stone, and had even settled down a bit after reading my diary entries about my ÔÇÿPilotÔÇÖ.

He told me then that I shouldnÔÇÖt be having such thoughts and feelings for a man like him, but I wasnÔÇÖt interested in listening. How dare he anyway? He shouldnÔÇÖt talk to me like IÔÇÖm a little girl. IÔÇÖm grown up now, and have every right to think what I want. Besides, itÔÇÖs not as If I havenÔÇÖt known men before. IÔÇÖm just glad I caught him reading the most recent entries, and not the one from March this year. He would have shit a brick!

Anyway, we were confined to quarters until the emergency had passed, and although this was inconvenient I was still able to pass the time watching vids and playing Ultima 89 on my datacom. Then that man, what did dad say his name was? Mallone, yeah, Mallone had one of his come here and start asking lots of difficult questions. I didnÔÇÖt hear most of it, and when dad refused the marine got angry and started shouting. ThatÔÇÖs when dad began pushing the marine and got thumped.

That was about twenty minutes ago.

The marine locked the door and I cant get it open now. Dad is hurt but the internal comms are down. I cant get through to medbay or anywhere else. The medkit we always have with us helped to stop the bleeding, but I think heÔÇÖs got a broken rib or something.

And if that wasnÔÇÖt bad enough, weÔÇÖre both sick with some kind of illness.

IÔÇÖm pretty scared if IÔÇÖm honest, and the ship seems to be moving again after sitting still for ages. I donÔÇÖt know where were going, or what we are going to do when we get there.

All I know is that dad is hurt, I havenÔÇÖt seen my pilot for days and those dark marines are running all over the ship.

Wait . . . . I think I can hear a gun shooting. Oh, I hope itÔÇÖs not coming here.

IÔÇÖm so scared, I donÔÇÖt know what to do . . .

End Log

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 27 minutes

[Narrative Off]

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#43692958

[RP ON]

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 25 minutes

The burdened medic crashed into the marine in front of him.

"Hey, get moving you oaf" he whispered. The marine didnt move. Jayce took a step sideways to see why they had stopped. What he saw chilled his bones. "Oh man..this is not good... not good.." he repeated as he gripped his rifle harder. The weight of the medkits seemed to dissapear. Adrenaline boost his mind told him.

On the end of the corridor was a troupe of black-clothed marines. Both sides remained motionless for a few endless seconds... then the medic found himself alone on the middle of the corridor as his own team slipped slowly towards defensive positions. Microseconds passed before Jayce Allen, the medic wannabe, realized his situation and dashed clumsily towards the nearest cover.

"Aw Gawd... that was stupid of me...."he thought as he breathed heavily, "I couldve gotten killed!" he whispered softly.

The marine besides him grinned. "Brilliant Sherlock!" he said.The man was visibly shaking. Or is it me the one's that shaking? Jayce thought... his ego then kicked in.The Medic looked sternly at the man. Had he just been insulted by this low-life grunt?

Neena's voice distracted him from firing off a verbal assault at the marine. Neena started quoting laws and war criminals, illegal orders.... what the HELL was going on in this ship anyway???

Amazingly, the black dogs didnt advance...they stood there LISTENING to her. A few moments later, more black goons arrived...many goons. They were running towards their comrades that were already under cover... the Marine besides the Medic suddenly opened fire.

All Hell broke loose. "IDIOT" was the only thing Jayce was able to think. The medic was able to jump to the other side of the bulkhead where Neena was before the first shots were returned. Neena was returning fire when he slammed against the wall besides her. An enraged glance snapped the medic back into his senses. A shot whizzed past the Medic's shoulder, darkening the fabric on his suit from the near miss. Instinctively, he pressed himself against the wall and started firing back. With the wristlaser.

It was only when Neena called the "run for it" did Jayce realize his rifle was dangling from his left hand. Ashamed of his stupidity, he grabbed the rifle with his right hand, and began to fire with both weapons... balancing the rifle not by grabbing the front part of the rifle with his left hand, but grabbing the butt of the rifle with it, keeping the weapon level and allowing him to fire the wristlaser at the same time. Accuraccy was optional anyway.

Seconds after that, Neena dashed past him on full retreat. The medic fired a last continous blast and ran after her.

"Shheeeeeeeeet" he wailed as he ran.

[RP off]

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 40 minutes

The last three times the ATV's had targeted had been false alarms. It was simply the drones going back and forth across the shuttle bay.

He couldn't afford to get complacent though. The next time could be the real thing.

He felt like death warmed over. The only thing keeping him going was the circumstances. The ship had begun moving a while back. Something was up. when would the Lt. Commander arrive?

McKendrick wiped his forehead with his arm. It wiped the sweat out of his eyes but also served to smear the grease from the ATV driveshaft around. He swayed slightly and caught his balance. He transferred the laser rifle to his other hand and propped up against a shuttle.

I need another shower he thought. I must look quite the sight. Hot, sweaty, sirty, and tired. Just let someone upset me now.

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 20 minutes

[rp]Chief Medical Officer's Personal Log

Countdown T-19 hours 25 minutes

Well, those goons should have been dropping like flies for a good ten minutes now, but there should be a few more of them where it'll kick in sometime in the next five. I'm not sure how many of the remaining 16 have been taken out.

I have to admit, I've gone and got myself a bit lost in these tunnels now. I'm not even sure which deck I'm on. There was a big gun battle above me somewhere just now, so I'm not on deck 1, and probably not on 2 either. I'll try this way, there doesn't seem to be much noise that way.

Countdown T - 19 hours 18 minutes

Somehow I've ended up in the Shuttle Bay. As soon as clumsily I popped the hatch it fell of the end of the service tube and clattered to the floor. I swore silently and started to back down the tunnel, when I heard someone call out "who's that?" I recognised McKendrick's voice and replied, "it's me, McKendrick, the doc."

"Doc! Am I glad to see you! What's going on? Where's Neena?"

I crawled out of the hatch, dragging the medkit behind me. (I couldn't get through the small hatchway with it on my back.) "Could you give me a hand with this?"

"Sure, doc."

As he came into view he looked in a bad way. Very pale and disorientated, and looking like he was ready to spew all down my uniform.

"Whoa, you look terrible! Didn't you get treated? Oh, of course- you were hiding. Man, I'm sorry about that."

I hurredly got out one of the portable diagnosers and single hyposprays. I checked that the infection was all it was. It was. Then I checked that I had the right stuff in the hypospray before giving it to him. "You should be almost back to normal in about 5 minutes."

"Thanks, doc. I hope they don't attack before then."

"Well, in the meantime I have something to supplement our defenses."

I got out the miniature cameras and portable anaesthetic ejectors Neena's systems engineer had put in my expanded medkit. Note to self-thank that guy enormously! I put the cameras in the service tubes and one facing each way down the corridor (a thin t-piece slid under the door), so we could tell what was coming. I had a remote control for each of the anaesthetic ejectors in the service tubes, so we had some defenses in those two directions. Ideally, I would have liked a third ejector to put outside the door, but I didn't. I didn't fancy the idea of leaving the shuttle bay to install it anyway, and we had all this firepower too, so it should be OK. Well, all we can do now is wait and see if Neena can get here. We're going to need every bit of help we can get.

T- 19 hours 13 minutes[/rp]

I hope I'm not out of line there at all. Welcome to fortress (kinda) Shuttle Bay smile.gif

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky GCV Svoboda

ISS Fleet

http://www.watson-jones.swinternet.co.uk/Svoboda

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

[rp]

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 33 minutes

Whew, the special feces types are a pain. Damn near got caught again by their patrols. Gotta check on the psuedo routine, it may have a glitch or two in it. Now where is that conduit at...

-----

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 32 minutes

Found a conduit, managed to tap into the fiber cable. It was touch an' go for a few seconds. T-splicing fiber is a delicate affair.

-----

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 30 minutes

I am in. Hoooty-hooot! These guys are real good. They gots levels and levels of goodies in me way. I think I can get past one, but first I gots to get to droid control...

-----

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 29.218 minutes

I'm in. I ain't gonna mess with the Drones, at least not yet. Now where did I see that cmd string ... ahhhh, there it is. Change fuction to repair; change repair type to personnal equipment; select all equipment types - zero out damage logic function; activate laser welders (they make a good weapon in a pinch). With that done, initiate new command string. To bad I don't have time to gloat, gotta do one more thing before I relocate...

-----

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 27.654 minutes

Ok, upload and installation complete. Keyed this bugger to activate the next time any command protocols are accessed. Back Orrafice into their systems and begin to desequence those blippin encryption routines.

Insert fail safe string ... rm -rf that may not work but should make those fecal types jump some...

-----

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 21 minutes

Tracks are covered, time to find a new hole. Open hatch, look right - clear, look left - clear, look up - clear. Hehehe, this is to easy...

-----

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 17 minutes

My head is killing me. Feels like I've been run over by a ... What's going on here. I can't control me bowels anymore. Who's voices do I hear? What are they saying? I can't see! I can't move! I can't speak, I feel my mouth a moving but nothing is coming out. Wait, a light is moving. I can see! Who are these dwebs in black....

[Passes out. To much excitement fer poor SE#13]

-----

[/rp]

System Engineer #13

Benni Arnald

GCV Chikuma

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 10-08-1999).]

"Go fish," said Michael Mckendrick to the CMO.

"Tell me doc, What's your name?"

"Hang on Doc, something is up. Let me check it out. I'll be right back."

McKendrick left his game of cards with the Doctor to investigate a strange feeling he had. Sure enough, a ship to ship commlink was open. The link was open to a couple of IC's.

"Hello, hello, hello? Is anybody out there? Can anybody hear me?" McKendrick hoped that would suffice. He rejoined his game with the doc.

"You got any 8's?"

"Go fish." said the Doc.

{RP } OFF [snicker] biggrin.gif"><P>(couldnCharles/Chavik

***** hehehe. Thats funny. Sadly, I have to punsh you for it. Mock me would you? smile.gif *****

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 10 minutes

[Narrative On]

Neena Polovoski, Personal Log

Well, somehow I have stayed alive long enough to make another log entry. After my last depressing addition, I didnÔÇÖt think IÔÇÖd get the time or have the opportunity to do it again. IÔÇÖm more than pleased I was wrong.

Well, IÔÇÖm taking a breather at the moment. ItÔÇÖs been one of those days. ItÔÇÖs been one of those weeks actually.

Hell, no point going over old ground. Lets start with the last twenty odd minutes.

My team and I had somehow managed to evade Mallones troops all the way from medbay until just before reaching engineering. Just as we came around the corridor, we faced off with about ten of Mallones people rounding the opposite corner. Everyone froze, seemingly surprised by eachother. Then we went to ground, took firing positions.

It was tense. Nobody wanted a fight, but everybody knew that it would probably happen sooner or later. There was a brief round of negotiations, and then Mallones troops were reinforced by at least five or six more people.

One of my people panicked and opened fire. He dropped one of the new arrivals and started a firefight that nearly got us all killed.

It was so confusing. Everybody firing at once, people from both sides began to drop.

Some from weapons fire, and some from the docÔÇÖs little knock out drug.

Whatever the case, the sudden confusion amongst Mallones troops gave us a brief moment to take advantage of.

We didnÔÇÖt have the numbers or the firepower to take them on properly, and if we had done the remaining troops would have vaped us. I didnÔÇÖt favor suicide, so I gave the order to retreat to the fall back zone.

ThatÔÇÖs when it got really confusing.

Everybody started to fall back at once, with the Sgt. Laying down covering fire while we pegged it down the corridor. The two walking wounded marines we had with us had been killed in the initial firefight, so there was just myself and an armed combat medic with any threat potential. We also had another medic and a flight engineer still with us.

Four in total out of the nine who left medbay.

As for Sgt. Diamond. I donÔÇÖt know what happened to him.

HeÔÇÖs probably dead now.

As we made our way down to the shuttle bay, I linked in with engineering. An engineer open the comm and began shouting at me. I could hear weapons fire and screaming. Pleading voices, offers of surrender. Someone called out for the chief. No response.

More fire, more pleading. Then nothing. The comm died.

Like Sgt. Diamond, Spencer is now probably dead. Engineering has fallen.

The four of us managed to get to the shuttle bay. What greeted us was an ominous sight.

ATVÔÇÖs had been deployed with droids manning the gun controls. We froze as weapons trained on us. I called for McKendrick, and a moment later he and the doc popped out from behind cover and aimed weapons at us.

He seemed relieved when we got there, but also disappointed by our numbers. The doc too looked extremely depressed. I was surprised to see him at all to be honest. I had expected him to remain in medbay until things got really difficult. I guess Mallone had decided to move against him sooner rather than later.

McKendrick gave an order to the droids, and they stood down from their turrets. We were allowed in and took positions behind the ATVÔÇÖs.

Over the next few minutes, I learned that there was just the six of us in the shuttle bay, with some of the pilots in the launch bays left to retake the ship.

The squad of marines that Sgt.Diamond had sent down to reinforce engineering never made it. They could be alive and hiding out somewhere, or they could be dead. I donÔÇÖt know.

Right now we are in a very precarious situation. Thanks to McKendrick, we have the shuttle bay nicely sealed off from the rest of the ship. If Mallones depleted forces attempted to take us out, they would have one hell of a fight on their hands.

On the flip side of the coin, we are effectively prisoners within the shuttle bay. If we leave, they will cut us down in seconds.

So long as we are in here, there is little we can do.

Now all we can do is sit back and wait . . . see what Mallone throws at us next.

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 7 minutes

[Narrative Off]

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#43692958

[This message has been edited by Blades (edited 10-11-1999).]

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 2 minutes

[Narrative On]

From the bridge of the GCV Chikuma, Colonel Mallone scowled down at the fuzzy perscan readout and counted.

ÔÇ£Six of them.ÔÇØ He said looking up at one of his few standing men.

The marine opposite him nodded slowly then wiped a weary hand across his face.

ÔÇ£Is the plague getting to you, son?ÔÇØ said Mallone, smirking at his subordinate.

The marine immediately perked up, stood to attention and said an emphatic ÔÇÿÔÇØSir, no sir!ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Good.ÔÇØ Said Mallone. ÔÇ£We need ever able bodied man right now.ÔÇØ

The marine agreed.

Since losing nearly half his men to the doctors engineered virus and subsequent delayed anesthetic ÔÇÿcureÔÇÖ, Mallone had been restricted in his actions to take full control over the ship. As it stood, he couldnÔÇÖt risk sending in people to capture the remaining rogue personal while maintaining control over the bridge, the mess hall command center and engineering. As it was, most of his remaining people were stationed outside the shuttlebay, waiting for Neena and her reluctant followers to give themselves up.

Of course, he could have simply used explosives and other heavy weapons to drive them out, but the collateral damage to the ship wasnÔÇÖt worth the risk.

For now, he was happy at just having them contained. He had time on his side, and didnÔÇÖt need to needlessly risk his people and the ship in a vain effort to take the Lt.Commander down.

The rest of the ChikumaÔÇÖs personnel were locked down in quarters and were not much of a threat. He had taken the precaution of rigging each of the crews quarters with micro explosives, so if anyone tried to escape they would find themselves smeared all over the nearest bulkhead. So far none had tried.

ÔÇ£How is our guest?ÔÇØ asked Mallone, walking over to the restrained figure of system engineer Benni Arnauld.

ÔÇ£He should come round in a minute or two, colonel.ÔÇØ Said the attending marine.

ÔÇ£I hear he put up a brave fight.ÔÇØ Said Mallone, lifting the engineers chin upwards and getting a good look at his face.

ÔÇ£Yes sir, he was quite insistent about not being taken to the bridge.ÔÇØ

Mallone smiled. ÔÇ£Not insistent enough.ÔÇØ

He allowed the engineers head to fall back down, then stepped away.

The very instant that happened, Benni Arnauld sprang to life, pushing himself upwards and charging towards Mallone, chair in tow while screaming a variety of pre stella abuse.

Mallone flinched slightly from the unexpected attack, but managed to side step the assault and watch as Benni unbalanced himself and came crashing down onto the deck plate.

Instantly, one of Mallones troopers was on him, jabbing him painfully in the kidneys before dragging him to his feet and presenting him once again to Mallone.

ÔÇ£Nice to see you up and about Mr. Arnauld.ÔÇØ Said Mallone.

ÔÇ£**** you!ÔÇØ spat Arnauld back, a mixed trail of blood and saliva running down his chin from a broken tooth.

ÔÇ£That seems to be a popular request these days,ÔÇØ smirked Mallone. ÔÇ£but IÔÇÖm sad to say, not in this life time.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£DonÔÇÖt break a habit on my account.ÔÇØ Sneered Arnauld, who was then brutally thumped in the gut by another marine.

ÔÇ£Steady.ÔÇØ Said Mallone to his subordinate. ÔÇ£We donÔÇÖt want to damage our friend too much. Not when we have a business proposition for him.ÔÇØ

The marine stood down, and took a step away from Arnauld and his colonel.

ÔÇ£Proposition?ÔÇØ the injured engineer said.

ÔÇ£Yes.ÔÇØ Said Mallone. ÔÇ£I believe you and I are not totally unalike, especially after reading through your service and personnel record.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Cute.ÔÇØ Said Arnauld.

For the next ten minutes, Mallone explained to the system engineer exactly what he wanted him to do. When Mallone concluded, he allowed Benni a moment to gather his thoughts before asking his first question.

ÔÇ£Whats in it for me?ÔÇØ the system engineer said.

Mallone smirked. ÔÇ£You get to live.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£I want more than that.ÔÇØ Said Arnauld. ÔÇ£I want the rest of those pricks on ship, especially that bitch Polovoski and the engineer head prick.ÔÇØ

Mallones smirk grew into a smile. He liked this man. He had a lot of potential. ÔÇ£You pull off what I want you to do, and IÔÇÖll deliver them to you personally. What do you say?ÔÇØ

System engineer Benni Arnauld though for a few moments before finally deciding.

Countdown T ÔÇô 18 hours 51 minutes

[Narrative Off]

***** Gallion, IÔÇÖll mail you with the specifics shortly. *****

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#43692958

Countdown T ÔÇô 18 hours 40 minutes

[Narrative On]

PERSCAN MONITORING SYSTEM

.. Isolate life forms in Shuttlebay 

LIFE FORMS ISOLATED

. Identify isolated life forms 

WORKING ..

Polovoski, Neena Rank, Lt. Commander Executive officer

Reynolds, Paul Rank, Leutenate Junior Grade Communications officer

Summers, Martin. Rank Lt. Commander, Chief medical officer

Allen, Jayce, Rank Crewman 2nd class Combat Medic

McKendrick, Michaell, Rank Crewman 1st class Flight Engineer

Gasgil, Trey, Rank Crewman 2nd class Field Medic

... Isolate life forms in Interceptor bay 

WORKING 

IC1 Pilot : Banish, Captain

IC1 CO Pilot : BigTone, Leutenant J.G

IC2 Pilot : Shodan, Leutenant J.G

IC2 Co Pilot : Gambit, Leutenant J.G

IC3 CO Pilot : Pancake, Ensign

IC4 Pilot : Diesel, Leutenant

IC4 Co Pilot : Blackjack, Leutenant J.G

 Identify life forms currently on bridge ..

WORKING 

2 life forms identified .. four life forms not entered into Perscan system 

. Display identity of recognized life forms .

Arnauld, Benni, Systems Engineer 3rd class

Jensen, Tamara, Rank Leutenant Flight Officer

. Search for command level personel not yet identified ..

WORKING 

 1 life form identified ..

. Display identity 

Strang, Ailsa, Rank Leutenant Navigation Officer ..

. Currently located in Medbay 

Computer, open channel to Shuttle bay .

. ACCESS DENIED 

Damn. Computer, access Perscan database and remove Diamond, Philip from roster.

 ACCESS DENIED .

Hell. Time for some creative thinking .. wheres a portable thoron generator when I need one?

Countdown T ÔÇô 18 hours 38 minutes

[Narrative Off]

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#43692958

Crewman 2nd class eh? Fits me hehe :-)

[RP ON]

Crewman 2nd Class

Jayce Allen

Medic #7

Countdown T ÔÇô 19 hours 4 minutes

Personal Log Entry

//Begin Log//

Dear lord... I nearly passed out when we arrived at the Shuttle Bay... all of the sudden the guns of those tanks bore down on us, those droids looked pretty mean! I thought the goons had ambushed us... that is, until the XO called out our own people from behind that wall of death.

The CMO was also there. I was VERY glad to see he made it out of medbay... I'll have to ask him how he got here, it sure was faster AND safer than the path we took. We lost 2 marines and the sarge getting here... stupid marines, always thinking with their trigger fingers first...we couldve all walked out of it.*Sigh*.

Neena FINALLY told me what was going on here... at least, what little she knew. This is madness...

We've all taken a defensive position on shuttle bay...as for myself, I've set the 8 medkits I had with me in several key places where everyone can get a hold of them if we get into a fight... it would be stupid to have me carrying all 8 of them...the shuttle bay can be quite large when you're being shot at. I'm supposed to cover our left flank along with McKendrick.. he's on guard right now. I'll try and get some sleep...

//End Log//

//Log Supplemental//

Countdown T ÔÇô 18 hours 45 minutes

%#@@#$@ I can't sleep! I'm too worried to sleep. All I keep thinking is about the goons that we KNOW are just outside shuttle bay... we can hear them talking, taunting us... throwing emtpy nutripaks at us... grrr. For the last 10 minutes my mind has been clicking on how to get rid of those goons... I know the doc used some kind of virus to knock them down once... I wonder if it would work again. We have a wonderful array of anesthetics on the medkits, but McKendric says the enviormental controls would remove them from the atmosphere as soon as they were detected. Scratch that one. Hmmm.. what other things can knock out a man fast enough?. Maybe we could use something from Shuttle Bay to our advantage... heck, if I were in charge I'd have one of em shuttles turned around so their engine exhausts faced the goon corridor... turn em on on low power and watch the goons fry on their feet or run from the heat... and if they do we could have some droids plant a few of our anesthetics in that corridor just in case they return after we turn off the engines... HEY! That might work! Gotta tell Neena....

//End Log//

[RP OFF]

Just an ignorant Medic trying to be usefull *grin*.

{rp on}

-------

GALCOM OPERATIONS LOG

Countdown: T minus 19 hours, 36 minutes

IC3 Co-Pilot, Wendel Roberts, Callsign: Pancake

GALCOM operating number: 4927111

SUBJECT: Personal log

-------

Somedays everything goes perfectly. You know those days, you wake up in a good mood, and the whole day is peachy-keen. Everything goes your way. All news is good news, you're the bright boy of the hour.

It ain't that day.

I'm warming up shadows's seat, 'cause shadow ain't here. No one's sure what happened to him, he took off runnin earlier and hasn't been seen since. Well, Banish showed, and has pretty much taken over and is tryin to run the show. Well, sure, okay. That's fine. What do I know anyways? I'm just an ENSIGN! Yeah, an ESIGN. Ain't that a kick in the teeth? Apparently they demoted me for flattening that Commander's Pooch and never got around to telling me. I just found a memo in Shadow's pouch about it. Apparently it's been a running joke with the guys. Now I know why all those flight engineers always ignore me and laugh whenever I try to get them to do stuff. Dammit, that pisses me off.

To make matters worse I think I just did a Very Bad Thing. I was so annoyed that I wasn't really paying much attention when I was trying to cross switch the manual firing relay rigging. I guess that wasn't a ground wire after all. Well, my threat board lit up light a christmas tree and my weapons loadout screen has lost it's mind.

Umm.. banish is asking if we're prepped to launch.. what do I tell him? Oh crap, best to be enthusiastic, don't let 'em know that if I leggo if this wire, all the ordanance on this IC might arm and fire.. wheee!

..and considering we're still in the bays.. that's one hell of a dead man's switch..

I wonder if I can pilot this sucker one handed? Oh, **** it. I don't think I care anymore. Not like we're going to get out of this alive anyways. *sigh* Well if we're all gonna die, we might as well look good doing it. Tamara. I can't believe they killed her too. Stone? I can understand. Well, Son of a b**** must pay. But how? Hmm.. not THAT much deck plating between me and the bridge... let's see, if I get get a 23% angle off the nose.. yeah, that might just work...

(chuckles grimly to himself)

Looks like Ninja-man is gonna get his christmas goose early...

[log off]

Sheesh. Somebody dont like bein the baby on the flight roster. smile.gif

And before you get any ideas, those missiles of yours WONT launch while you on ship!

Anyway, better start a new thread before Tac starts complaining about download times. wink.gif

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#43692958