New Orion Fleet Leader

Pick one. You've got a week to sort this out or I will.

Use this thread for that discussion. btw, in order to be a fleet leader, you must have a web page to host it on. This means that at least one of your members should have a web page that you could dedicate to this, even if you [new leader] don't.

Dear Supreme Commander Derek K. Smart,

I just read your post on the RPG about court martialing anttii.... I thank you.... you made a swift fast and honorable move...

If Orion is unable to choose a leader... I volunteer to lead.... if i cannot cause i am not a mrember of orion.. so be it.... If you dispise this poste ask me to delte it and i shall.. .that is all

------------------

Levi Hackwith of the GCV

Black Stallion. Wraith Fleet. "And the Stallion Rode Through the Night, Leading His Master to Victory."

Levi,

Although ambition is a critical item in advancement in all military factions, Time In Grade is a mandatory item. Belonging to that faction is just as important. You fall woefully short in both categories, and I must, with all due respect, with hold my recommendation for you to become the Orion Fleet Leader.

I would, however, like to present a member who has both tenure and experience as a member of Galcom. He's been here from almost the start and has never shirked his duties to uphold the traditions and honor of this site. He's vocal, a participant on this forum, and has the respect that would be required to be Orion Fleet Leader. With that said, I proudly recommend Cmdr. Thomas Siemens be transferred from Wraith Fleet and take up the position of Orion Fleet Leader.

Now that I've said my 2 Cents worth, I'll leave it in the hands of those who are empowered to make that decision.

Thanks,

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"A dog, is a dog, is a dog, unless he's facing you. Then he becomes MR. DOG!"

Haitian Farmer.....1982

I'd like to second the motion of Thomas Seimens for Orion Fleet Commander.

I'd also like to add two other commanders to the list. Blades and Lynx. Both active and vocal as is Thomas.

Choices, choices.

------------------

Commander Chavik

ICV Phoenix

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Official BC3K Tester

Dang! Catch a plane and now look what happens. I have no objection towards Thomas being promoted but now one quasi-dumb question --- How the heck can Thomas become a Fleet Commander when in RP he (along with the rest of Wraith Fleet) is on the verge of annihilation?

------------------

Cmdr. Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

Commander, Corsair Wing

=Wraith Fleet=

Bushi of the Dragon Council

"Run Silient, Run Deep"

ICQ# 29486270

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 10-04-1999).]

Sounds like a darned fine reason to "Beam Him Out Scotty!"

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Haitian Farmer.....1982

Eeeep!

Is it right I just soiled myself after reading the contents of this thread?

I mean, are you serious? Me, a fleet leader?

Ok, without descending into chaos lets first discuss the validity of being recomended by an Insurgent. Hmmmm, suspect. wink.gif

Seriously though, thanks for the vote of confidence Charles, but I think both Thomas Seimens and Lynx are infinetly better suited for the role than I.

However, if the powers that be take leave of their senses,(And the rest of Orion fleet dont defect in protest) I'd be proud to lead.

Just think real carefully before doing anything rash, please. smile.gif

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#31927230

What can I possibly say to such a recommendation from you guys?

I would be honored, truly honored!

Let's just keep this open - if you guys want a more role playing aproach, I think no one can beat Cmdr. Blades, considering his contributions to this forum in the last weeks (months?).

Others, like Chavik (are Insurgents also invited to this?), Lynx, or Gallion qualify also, IMHO. I cannot objectively speak for myself here - Rattler, your recommendation leaves my kind of speechless (positive suprise, I think. I used to oppose you, more than once smile.gif)...

Regards,

Thomas (a.k.a. Gudihl)

Gallion in command of Orion.. god help us! wink.gif

I believe Lynx to be an excellent choice as well... dang! So many good people, only one command chair! :P

Good luck folks, whoever gets to be Orion Head Honcho pays the first drinks. Cheers!

I know i am just a "little guy" in Orion but i think that Blades would be a great fleet leader smile.gif.

------------------

Commander Barrett

GCV- Annihilator

Orion Fleet

Now u guys see why I'm staying out of it? You know more about yourselves that I do. I just want a new Orion fleet leader to put a new Orion site etc. Whatever happens in RP, is a different story.

So, once you guys have voted on it, let me know gets voted into office smile.gif

Commanders,

I'll offer an alternative to an open forum vote. I'd be happy to host a closed ballot vote, with the assistance of another veteran member as an impartial verifier. Once the nominees are confirmed, the actual vote could be handled confidentially through Email. All ballot Email addresses would have to match the profile address (IE registered voter). At the end of X days, the ballots would be tallied and the results sent to Derek who will announce the new Orion Fleet Leader.

Just a suggestion, that may open the voting door to those Commanders that are less vocal.

------------------

Cmdr Mark Giao

GCV-Jackal

Official BC3K Tester

[This message has been edited by SpcFX (edited 10-04-1999).]

Sounds Fair to me. Let us know where and when. I can be impartial, if I can help, let me know. smile.gif

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Haitian Farmer.....1982

Same here. Let me know if I can be of service.

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS03

Vice Fleet Leader - ISS Fleet

Tactical Support Coordinator - ISS Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council - Order of Jade Dragon

Director of Strategic Operations - Order of Jade Dragon

I must concure with Tac wink.gif Anybody from Orion Fleet want to take up the nomination?

------------------

Cmdr. Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

Commander, Corsair Wing

=Wraith Fleet=

Bushi of the Dragon Council

"Run Silient, Run Deep"

ICQ# 29486270

Okay,

At this point all we need to do is finalize some closure dates. There are 2 confirmed indivduals who have been nominated and accepted the nomination (Gudihl & Blades). We can either wait for more or fly with these two. Since Derek requested sorting this out in a week, I suggest closing the nominations tomorrow (10/6 - Midnight), at which time we can open the voting and be finished by Saturday 10/9 Midnight. The new Orion Fleet Leader would be announced on Sunday 10/10.

As for the verifier, Rattler posted first, so if he declines, William will fill the position.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

------------------

Cmdr Mark Giao

GCV-Jackal

Official BC3K Tester

I'll verify if you want me. I agree though, if someone knows anyone in Orion Fleet, they should be contacted. Only fair thing to do IMHO. I just know that we need to get this done and over with soon. Somebody's got to get that fleet back out on patrol! smile.gif

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Haitian Farmer.....1982

Whoa, miss a couple of days and you never know what you're gonna find when you get back. I think I've caught up with the gist of what's goning, so...

First, I'd like to thank those who suggested I be considered. While it would be an honor, being Orion Fleet Commander would be a responsibility I could not give the attention it deserves, therefore, I must respectfully decline.

I think Thomas and Blades would both be fine choices.

Additionally, I would like to throw Mano Faber's name into the ring, if he's interested. I think the GALCOM ACADEMY he and Andrew Vogel maintain demonstrate not only a high level of commitment to BC3K, but the organizational skills needed in a Fleet Commander (if actual roleplay is not a required prerequisite). Of course, whether it is something he would like to do is up to him.

- - - - -

The voting plan sounds fine. I suspect the SC would readily extend the deadline so you could leave nominations open a bit longer and have the balloting over the weekend since you have pretty much sorted it out procedures-wise. I don't know what the site traffic stats look like, but would guess that numerous members don't get a chance to visit until the weekends.

------------------

Cmdr Pherrett

GCV-STRATOS

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

-- George Santayana

"You got to change your evil ways"

--Carlos Santana

Another Outstanding Choice. Good Show Lynx! smile.gif

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Old Age and Treachery will ALWAYS win out over Youth and Exuberance!"

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 10-06-1999).]

Just wonderin . . . .

Is there any progress on determining who else is in contention for the hallowed prize of Fleet Commander? And if there is, where would one cast a vote and when?

Details details ! smile.gif

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#43692958