New Orion Fleet Leader

So far I see Yourself (Blades), Thomas Seimens, and Mano Faber although we haven't heard from Mano and his acceptance or decline of the nomination. I think we should see things start to pick up tonight and tomorrow though. Weekend's comming and lots of visitors should get to this thread. As to the voting, I'd say we cast our votes on Sunday, 10 Oct 1999 (y2k compliant of course). smile.gif As to where? I have no idea. Somebody jump up now and say "I Know, I Know!" biggrin.gif

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Old Age and Treachery will ALWAYS win out over Youth and Exuberance!"

One doubt: should people who do not belong to Orion vote or not ?

------------------

Pedro Mota

GCV Furia Selvagem, ISS

15th Space Marine Battation

Rattler,

I know smile.gif - I've already setup an Email filter for the two confirmed nominees, if anymore become available I will add a filter for them. Once the nominee selection is over, I was going to post a new topic with the heading "Vote here for the Orion Fleet Leader Now". The canidates and voting instruction would be displayed along with an Email link. Any items I recieve will be filtered and automatically forwarded to you. (yes) there is the possibility that someone will fail to following the instructions, I'll deal with them on a case to case basis and will let you know of each. The rest of the project consist of checking that the voter is registered and to tally up the numbers.

Pmota - I think the entire community should be allowed to vote on the New Fleet Leader.

------------------

Cmdr Mark Giao

GCV-Jackal

Official BC3K Tester

[This message has been edited by SpcFX (edited 10-11-1999).]

Thanks SpcFx, I knew you had it in hand. I just didn't know which hand! biggrin.gif

Additionally, I agree that all should be able to vote on this issue. I haven't seen much response from Orion Fleet Members, so somebody's gotta do it.

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The weekend has successfully passed with no new commentary in regards to the Orion Fleet Leader position. Unless someone feels this matter should remain open a bit longer, I suggest we open the voting. If we can not conclude the voting by Sunday, 10/18 - I will be unable to host the election due to previous obligations which will briefly remove my abilty to collect and forward the Email ballots. If this occurs, someone else will need to come up with a suggestion or hold the voting in an open forum.

------------------

Cmdr Mark Giao

GCV-Jackal

Official BC3K Tester

Been out of town for the last month so I did not want to add any comments this late in the process.

I vote that we begin voting....

J.M. Nicknar

GCV-Gambit

Orion Fleet

[This message has been edited by JohnD (edited 10-11-1999).]

Just my opinion, but I think it would be prudent to await for some more nominations before we begin the voting process. I'd hate to come last smile.gif

Whatever the case, this really does need to be resolved within the next few days.

Incidently as from the 17th of this month, I shall be sunning myself in Florida for a couple of weeks, and if anybody local has the urge to meet the British scourge, let me know so we can arrange somthing.

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#43692958

Where You going to be in "Sunny" Fla. Blades? If anywhere near Pansacola, I'm sure that there are at least 3 Insurgents that would gladly meet with you. biggrin.gif

Let us know for sure. would be a blast to sit down over a cold one and discuss "Many" topics of common interest.

Sincerely,

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Yeeeeeeees, I see now that meeting up with a rabble of Insurgents is going to be the quickest way to try out the American health service. Still, It might be fun to see how the other 'alf live. smile.gif

And I'll be swingin around Orlando or Kissimee sorta area for the most part.

My American geography not quite as good as it should be. Anyone near there?

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#43692958

Hehe, Tac lives in Orlando I believe, and it's not that far to the SC's house down in Ft. Lauderdale (at least I think that's where he lives). biggrin.gif We are about 250 miles northeast of there, near the Florida/Alabama line in the panhandle. frown.gif That might be a tad bit out of the way for you Blades, but if you do manage to make it over our way, be sure and give us a shout. smile.gif

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Oh yes, thats right. Tac's a local lad. But the SC? Sheesh .... as nice as It would be for me to hand deliver him some real beer (And by that I mean bitter) I dont think I can offored the $200 per hour chit chat rate.

Still, I am a charity case ..... you never know smile.gif

And I am so worthy of pity .....

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#43692958

Guest Commander Hamblin

WOW. A new Orion fleet leader. Thats heavy stuff. I don't think I've been on here long enough to know anybody here that well. I wouldn't know who to vote for.

About all that stuff that Antti did. What was it specifically? Nazi stuff? REALLY? Did Antti did this on purpose?

Oh well, I hope the best man wins.

Commander Hamblin

GCV Galatea

Orion Fleet

"For I dipped into the future, far as human eyes could see. Saw the vision of the world and all the wonder that would be..."

[This message has been edited by Commander Hamblin (edited 10-17-1999).]

If you're going to be visiting the theme parks, let me know! I used to work in the hotel area around Disney, so I know where you can get cheaper hotels and chances to get cheaper tickets (as well as what non-disney stuff you might want to do around here).

Before leaving, be sure to tell me where you'll be staying buddy, maybe we can go paintballing or something smile.gif .

Mark,

I think we've waited long enough on this one. I recommend that we initiate "Operation Constellation Scan" and find the new center of Orion. Why not start the voting at approximately 1800 Zulu, 15 Oct 1999 and cutit off at 1800 PST on 16 Oct 1999? Your thoughts?

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

Rattler,

Operation Constellation Scan is underway. I left the cut off date/time as tentative (if we desire to extend it briefly). I will be out of town next Monday-Wednesday, so it cannot extend past Sunday 10/17 evening (PST).

Best of luck to the candidates.

------------------

Cmdr Mark Giao

GCV-Jackal

Official BC3K Tester

Eeeep ! Polling day already. And still just the two of us. I dont know whats worse, winning or losing this particular engagement.

Anyway, good luck to you Thomas. This is going to be interesting smile.gif

Oh, and I made a post the other day stating I was away on the 17th of this month. Well, thats wrong. I'm leaving on the 27th.

Tac, cant think of anything more traumatic than going paintballing with you. So yeah, we sort somthing out. Grop me a mail with your contact details, and I'll make sure I get round to callin you while I'm in coutry.

------------------

Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

PRIME Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#43692958

[This message has been edited by Blades (edited 10-15-1999).]

Yep, good luck to you, Blades!

------------------

Commander Joe Gudihl

GCV-Dark Star

=Wraith Fleet=

Commander, Marauders Wing

"Remember, we are trained professionals... Don't try this at home!"

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

I will remain neutral in this matter, as I am back-up for Rattler's position.

Good luck to both of you! You're both great guys, and I think Orion will be well led no matter who wins!

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS03

Vice Fleet Leader - ISS Fleet

Tactical Support Coordinator - ISS Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council - Order of Jade Dragon

Director of Strategic Operations - Order of Jade Dragon

[This message has been edited by William Ramsay (edited 10-16-1999).]

Amen William, Amen to that! Both of these Gentlemen have the character and personal integrity to do an outstanding job. Too bad we can't give the position to both of them. frown.gif This is our loss, but one that we got'ta live with. Again, may the best man win. Good luck to you both! biggrin.gif

------------------

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 10-16-1999).]