Quick Take - Orion Lounge

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks SC we needed this one smile.gif hehe and that last few posts where funnie can't wait to see what blade posts next

And Funnie Salute to you SC biggrin.gif

------------------

Commander Joseph Bosch

GALCOMID: 76645

Ship:GCV-Obenbone

Quote: "Orion home and Soul i guard you"

Heh.

You want comic relief, I'm your man. Think silly arse colonial colonel and thats me. smile.gif

But thats only the buffoon me. Theres a good officer in there ..... somwhere.

------------------

Fleet Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

GALCOM ORION Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#43692958

Please, you've got to stop me posting. Every time I get near an RP forum I write myself in more n more hideous situations that are bound to haunt and afflict me for the rest of my life.

I'm losing credability at an alarming rate, and I got a feeling ORION recruitment is going to suffer as a result. For the love of god, somebody stop me ! smile.gif

Incidently, found myself holding a V2.0 boxed set today while investigating downtown Disney. Never actually seen one before .... it was a kind of humbling, holy moment.

Just thought I'd share that with you. Heh smile.gif

------------------

Fleet Commander Blades

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

GALCOM ORION Fleet

'For Queen and country'

ICQ#43692958

Hehe, SC, He's in Orlando on Holiday! Ya might want to give him a shout if he'll be so kind as to give you his temp phone number smile.gif

I think he found a US "Interplay" Release! smile.gif

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Old Age and Treachery will ALWAYS win out over Youth and Exuberance!"

Being that close it would be a shame if you didn't drop by Blades. But even crossing an ocean I understand that local distance issues could be a problem. But Could you imagine the SC's face if you knocked on is door? {G}LOL

One of these days I'll wander down that way. smile.gif

Charles

wha? you mean SC lives in the sunny state? geez if i knew that i'd find a way to talk to him biggrin.gif if not send him some real mail oh well i'm losing my phone here and net so it seems i'll not be posting much but i'll use another friends pc to do that so i don't just disappear bye for now tho smile.gif Long shall Orion defend our people

------------------

Commander Joseph Bosch

Yup Bosch, his address (business probably) is listed in the manual. He doesn't shout it from every rooftop but it is there. smile.gif

quote:

Oh, we need more commanders and especially a primary Empirian, Vesperson and some Insurgent commanders, in the fray.

No one has taken Derek up on this yet? Hmmm, that would be quite a role. smile.gif I'm ready to begin posting as an Insurgent. Got it mostly figured out. This will be fun.

Charles/Chavik

I'm a happy camper now that i've seen my 1st RP topic make 60 posts and going smile.gif i hope when the Mu* is ready for basic use that afew of them come there to chit chat

------------------

Commander Joseph Bosch

hehe, SpcFX is the only one who noticed thats where I'm headed. In fact, I've already got the ACM mission almost finished and I'll pass it on to you for testing, modification etc. Its gonna be cool.

I'm gonna be doing the briefing when I post to the RP forum tonite. I'm just waiting to see how many RPGers actually in MISCON and awaiting my arrival for the mission briefing. I noticed that some folks headed back to their ship. hehe, they need to be in the Operations section of their ship because the briefing takes place at GHQ and they pipe the feed to our ships over a secure channel, instead of at the MISCON area of the station.

By the time I do the posting, the names of those that are in the briefing, will each get the same copy of the .MIS script but, the other participants in the skirmish will be NPCs of the same name. So, for instance, Blades playing the mission, will see NPC controlled craft with TTDs of the other RPGers, i.e, myself. So, for instance, when I signal the end of the battle (maybe a few days later), each person can post their experiences, from their perspective. This means that, for instance, in Blades game, the mission succeeded, but in, say SpcFX game, it failed. You could also post your accounting of what you observe the other RPGers, controlled by the NPCs, did. For peace sake, I'm going to make the ships of all RPGs controlled by the NPCs, invincible, this way, we don't lose participants. I will also do a variation for the Insurgents (Rattler and his crew) and make their NPCs controlled RPGer ships, invincible.

Its gonna be a blast.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 11-10-1999).]

hehe thanks for telling us about the brefing thing now were all going to be in MISCON waiting for a long time hehe but I'm really happy about you making this a Real ACM mission smile.gif So happy i'd like to see you make the ships normal for a 2nd ver just for game play wink.gif

------------------

Commander Joseph Bosch

SC, you might want to reconsider and do a live briefing in the Orion MISCON for the commanders who are present and pipe it out over secure channels to the ships that aren't at Orion.

My post, and maybe a few other latecomers as well, was written as if I had been directed to Orion to attend a briefing. (In fact, before I edited it out, I had myself as the poor SOB that got stuck ferrying you over to Orion from GHQ so you could give the briefing. wink.gif)

From a game mechanics POV, MISCON is available to the player both on ship and when docked.

Besides, your own post fell into the same trap:

quote:

..ok, Karen, I guess thats it, we'll resume this later. I'll probably see you at the briefing over at MISCON. Be careful out there

With that, I walked purposefully out of the room to freshen up for the mission briefing scheduled to start in 30 mins.

That sounds more like a meeting "in-the-flesh" than a secure videoconference.

------------------

Cmdr Pherrett

GCV-STRATOS

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

-- George Santayana

"You got to change your evil ways"

--Carlos Santana

[This message has been edited by Lynx Pherrett (edited 11-10-1999).]

Heh.

I'm just trying to dig myself out of the hole I keep burrowing myself into. Just cos I'm a fleet commander it doesnt mean I know any more about whats goin on than the rest of you. smile.gif

I wish I did. No no, really. wink.gif

Nooo!

I'm going to be away this weekend, so I won't be able to take part in this great adventure if that's the time-frame. Well, at least you don't get to find out how bad I am at this game. smile.gif (Note to self- must get some practise in tonight).

Blades, you do make yourself a very tempting target. I must resist the temptation I MUST RESIST! smile.gif

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky GCV Svoboda

ISS Fleet

http://www.watson-jones.swinternet.co.uk/Svoboda

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

smile.gif Hehe, sure glad that bug I planted is still there, although Akira did say it quit transmitting frown.gif

Got to get my tech'ies working on recovering any data it's been transmitting! biggrin.gif

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Old Age and Treachery will ALWAYS win out over Youth and Exuberance!"