Roleplaying Online

Guest Matt Stryker

Guest Matt Stryker

I was wondering how many of you would be interested in looking into the creation of a place to RP via a Text environment in Real Time, but not using infochat or IRC, an actual MUD like interface, a branch of MUD known as MU*(x)or MU*(sh). I currently have server space for a new project and if the SC is willing I'd like to develop a BC online RP MU*. It will allow you build areas and describe characters in more detail. This is in the design/planning stages at the moment, input would be greatly appreciated?

------------------

Matt Stryker (Commander)

GCV - BlackStar

Orion Fleet

Ah a Mu* will be nice but you must remmber to have it's basic's worked out and built before opening it to the public or you will lack people who find it fun so find out if you can and then pick afew people to build it that know what there doing smile.gif oh and i'd love to see it being built

------------------

Commander Joseph Bosch

GALCOMID: 76645

Ship:GCV-Obenbone

Quote: "Orion home and Soul i guard you"

Assuming the SC allowed it...yeah, that would be really cool. Though it might get lost in the dust once BC3020 comes out.. But in the meantime I say you go for it.

------------------

Cmdr. Bandus

GCV Defiant

Commander, Delta Wing

=Wraith Fleet=

"Universal Peace Through Deadly Force"

Guest Matt Stryker

Thanks for the input so far, my basic premise would be to start off with an area, let's say the Orion Lounge on the Starbase, we can then build from there and expand, MISCON even etc. I ran a MU* for 3 years, still do, but a SCI FI MU* would be something different, and specially a BC one. I was mostly thinking for a place where likeminded individuals specially those of us who like to RP could get into almost Real Time character. It would take some work, but then again, what doesn't.

------------------

Matt Stryker (Commander)

GCV - BlackStar

Orion Fleet

Guest Matt Stryker

All help would be greatly appreciated.

smile.gif Builders, Coders and anyone who wants to see the Orion Lounge perhaps to start with, Online?

------------------

Matt Stryker (Commander)

GCV - BlackStar

Orion Fleet

Guest Matt Stryker

Hear hear SC, neither do I, I built one MU*, I think I can do it again, and with the help of the fans. I hope we could do a good Job.

------------------

Matt Stryker (Commander)

GCV - BlackStar

Orion Fleet

[This message has been edited by Matt Stryker (edited 11-09-1999).]

Guest Matt Stryker

That's good to hear, Ok the first thing to do would be get a decent MU* Client. (Unless you already have one) They beat RAW Telnet and look more colourful wink.gif

My recommended MU* Client would be SimpleMU, it's the one I use. Here's the link.

http://simplemu.onlineroleplay.com/download.html

Once you have the program and have installed it. You'll need to do the following.

In the main interface - at the top of the bar goto - connections, you're looking for add/edit sites.

Clicking on this should bring up a box with lots of options. Make sure the small radio button reads MUSH,MUX ETC.

Click Add New and Type in a name for your connection.

Example:- BC-BLDR-1 or something.

Then enter the following info into the host or IP Address box.

churchill.mux.cx

and in the port type

You have now created a site login you can use.

Close that box (Bottom left)

Then where you found add new/edit, you should be able to bring up connect to > A thru H etc. Find your connection in there, if you used my example it's under A thru H. Click on that and you should begin to connect to the server.

You should see a screen of text show up.

in your text box type.

create BC-BLDR-1 (password) this way we can keep track of the Builders, just change the humber to 2 or 3 etc if 1 is taken.

ex - create BC-BLDR-1 jumbled

(password) will be your own password, don't use spaces in it though.

That should allow you to connect to the server with a character which we can then set up as a Builder.

ICQ - 28445950 (I've put this here so that if anyone needs help, they can quickly get in touch with me)

Cheers.

------------------

Matt Stryker (Commander)

GCV - BlackStar

Orion Fleet

[This message has been edited by Matt Stryker (edited 11-09-1999).]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Matt Stryker

Update:-

Built some of the Orion Starstation, however due to a conflict with a Port on the Server, the MU* Crashed during the building.

Never fear though, I'm in the process of recovering the lost data.

------------------

Matt Stryker (Commander)

GCV - BlackStar

Orion Fleet