Medals in Sigs

Derek,

Would it be ok to display medals we have earned in the game or in RPing in our sig?

Like:

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS03

Vice Fleet Leader - ISS Fleet

- Commander's Shield (2)

- Name of Medal (#)

Just a thought.

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS03

Bushi of the Dragon Council - Order of Jade Dragon

Director of Strategic Operations - Order of Jade Dragon

Thanks, Derek smile.gif

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS03

Bushi of the Dragon Council - Order of Jade Dragon

Director of Strategic Operations - Order of Jade Dragon

Guest Commander Hamblin

Oh great. Gotta get some medals...

------------------

Commander James Hamblin

Executive Officer of the Orion Fleet.

Tsunami battle group.

GCV Galatea

"For I dip't into the future, far as human eyes could see. Saw the vision of the world and all the wonder that would be..."

Dang, nows I gots to find out which medal I got during Gam War I. But knowing the Corsair's luck the paprework got lost somewhere between Galcom HQ and LV-104 wink.gif

TTFN

------------------

Cmdr. Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

Commander, Corsair Wing

=Wraith Fleet=

Bushi of the Dragon Council

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

ICQ# 29486270

Gallion, that would be the Eye of Andromeda.

These medals have prerequisites in the game. If in RP we are awarded them, does that mean we automatically get the other medals needed to earn them? In this case Gallion would have:

- Eye of Andromeda

- Commander's Shield (2)

- Planetary Shield (4)

- Order of The Wraith (8)

- Combat Shield (16)

- Award for Gallantry (16)

... On second thought, no, we shouldn't do that smile.gif

Nevermind smile.gif

Also, I know that Fleet Commanders (Leaders) have limited ablility to promote commanders under their command (after completing test ACM). Do they also have the power to award medals as they see fit? I'm sure that, if given this power, the fleet leaders will use discretion and will not abuse this power. It is a good way to reward commanders after a successful RP, without having to promote them.

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS03

- Award for Gallantry

[This message has been edited by William Ramsay (edited 01-04-2000).]

Some time back, a few of us scripters were looking into the idea of forming a Scripting Council or Committee to approve scripts and make them "Official" - ie, the rewards and medals earned in them could be used on the forum, etc. This was to ensure that unscrupulous Fleet Commabnders (or fleet scripters) didn't create missions where a single fighter kill was credited with 10000 experience and a Commander's Shield...*grin*.

If any of you GBS freaks or people who were involved in the original discussions are reading this, we should get together again some time and discuss it. GBS files are small, they's get through my email program when I leave for me to test, so I'd love to be involved.

I might cross-post this to the GBS forum.

------------------

Commander DeSylva

GCV First Light ISS01 -=- ISS Fleet Coordinator

www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/9206/iss/

Official BC3K Tester and Blind Man With Sleeves award winner

"Serve - with honour."

Sounds like a good idea. I am working on the GBS docs in my spare time, now that I only have 2 projects to work on, instead of 3. So, it should be completed very, very soon.

Your concept can also be used by Fleet Commanders, to rank your fleet. You can create a scripted mission, with specific objects. Send that script to all members (it would have a single promotion and medal in it) to complete. When they have completed it, they will send you the saved game file, you then run it, verify that they actually completed it (via the scripted messages sent to the commlink) and then give them the promotion, medals etc.

I would be willing to help by creating a single sample script that you guys can just use as a template which can be modified as time goes on.

In fact, as of today, no commander should carry a rank other than commander, without having been promoted or awarded medals, by the Fleet Commander.

Now this sounds like a darned fine Idea SC! Gotta shake the old scripting cobwebs out of my brain and get back into it. smile.gif

Thanks Boss! biggrin.gif

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Old Age and Treachery will ALWAYS win out over Youth and Exuberance!"