Need some info

Hello,

I like to write, so I thought I'd document some of the adventures of my alter-ego in BC3k.

But before I can get my little story off the ground, I need to know a few things:

1) Are the Constellation Class BC's in service still?

2) I'm compiling a small service record of my alter-ego's past TDY's, are the ship names: 'Liberty', 'Hornet', 'Dominion', 'Millennium', or 'Saturn' in use by anyone?

(If not, I get dibs on Millennium... once I figure out a reason for him getting his own ship... smile.gif )

3) Is there a length of how long posts can be?

4) Does it have to be before or after a certain time frame?

Just want to make sure I don't get anyone angry at me. Thanks for your replies!

Guest Ron Wallin

1. yes

2. Hornet, dominion, Millennium (you've already registered it) and Saturn are free...

3. As long as you think people will stay and read... However, during an atempt to type in the entire text of War and Peace for the Supreme Cmdr., I did hit a limit... go find it :-)

4. If you can fit it in a time frame already in use or used, you're good to go (providing the accounts fit in with the events of the past). As for the future, don't take it too far. Let me know the when and I'll give you the appropriate thumb.

Play by the rules and know the history. Set your window to show all messages from the last year and start reading :-)

------------------

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

Spectre, Command Staff

Base Commander, The Dojo

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

Welcome to the rustbucket service! My ship, the Diligence, is also a Constellation class.

You may be interested in reading about her adventures, to get a perspective of (how I see) the layout of the ship. If you are, run a search on "Eternal Diligence".

I look forward to seeing your story here.

------------------

Commander Badgerius, GCV Diligence

On detached duty, GCV Calypso

ICQ 48801556

Guest aramike01

Hey Daniel,

As a newbie to the RP forum I've learned through personal experience (Vile Motivations) that it's quite easy to fit pretty much anything into the BC3K universe. My approach is simple: Just like in the game, don't make any of your actions consequential to anyone but the charactors in your story, and only then if those charactors are of your creation. Read over my story if you get a chance. You'll notice that I have used all-new charactors up to this point. At some point I know I'll have to use some pre-existing charactors but I'll happily cross that bridge when I come to it via corresponding with the people in charge around here.

Good luck with your story. I'm looking forward to reading it.

------------------

Commander Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

My two bits on RP (I'll keep sweet and to the point):

1. Keep it believable.

2. Dont introduce anything that is not already in the game.

3. What you do to your own character(s) is entirely up to you. Check with and coordinate with others when you decide to incorporate existing characters in your RP.

4. When in doubt, ask questions and get approval from one of the Administrators (Rattler, Ron, etc.) before posting.

TTFN and welcome to our nightmare wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

Commander, Corsair Wing

=Wraith Fleet=

Bushi of the Dragon Council

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

ICQ# 29486270

Is there a list of hand-held weapons anywhere on the net for BC3K? I know there'll be some in the SP, but I need to know if theres a list of any Official Supreme Commander Approved firearms.

You know like, assault rifles, grenades, etc etc.

Welcome, Daniel! Another enthusiastic storyteller will be most welcome. Interesting surname you have there. Not czech in origin, is it?

The firearms list for the strike pak can be found here (a little way down in one of the SC's posts). That's about as official as you can get. The ISS fleet homepage has the official timeline and a breakdown of the fleet structures as they have stood up until now (they're going to be changed soon)

Good luck,

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda ISS07

Adjutant to the Fleet Commander

In System Support (ISS) Fleet

http://www.watson-jones.swinternet.co.uk/Svoboda

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

Cool! I'm pretty sure I've got distant czech ancestry too, and I speak some czech (though that's purely coincidental), even though the name Zwycky is more polish in origin. (It's not my real name now, but it was my great great grandmother's maiden name, and I like it smile.gif) Sedlacek is structured just like any typical czech surname. Doesn't sound german or polish to me (but then I only know a few Polish names) The c probably has an upside down one of these ^ above it in the original spelling (that symbol doesn't exist in this font). Anyway, if you'd like to incorporate it into your character, you could have yours and mine growing up together or something.

Also, you should really join up with a fleet if you want to get properly involved in the RP world here. Maybe you have already. I can recommend the ISS Fleet (but then I'm a bit biased there smile.gif)

That said, whenever you start to post, I look forward to reading it.

TTFN

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda ISS07

Adjutant to the Fleet Commander

In System Support (ISS) Fleet

http://www.watson-jones.swinternet.co.uk/Svoboda

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

[This message has been edited by Ben Zwycky (edited 01-27-2000).]

Yep, I remember Ron' War & Peace text. *shudder*. Never again, will I issue a challenge like that. I should've known better, given the nature of the fan base.

Firearms: Good question. Right now, the only fireams in the Strike Pak are a knife, wristlaser, pistol, combat rifle, sniper rifle and 2 types of grenades.

Thanks for the offer Ben, I'll have to think about where I might be able to fit it into, although my writing is still a work in progress. It sounds like a good idea, I could kinda slide into the universe and say 'Hey, I know that guy!' On joining fleets: I know theres lots of talks in the other boards about this, but it seems a little bit too much for me, I'm listed as a PRIME fleet member, but I guess I could change that if I want? How would I go about doing this when I make my decision?

SC: Thanks for the specifics, I look very forward to playing the next incarnation of Battlecruiser. The new Matrox shots are making me consider getting a new graphics card (the place I ordered from is out of stock, I could cancel my order and get a G400 instead, although I heard the drivers weren't entirely stable yet, sure it'll be fixed in time for Millennium).

Do you plan on releasing any specifics on the Battlecruiser Universe's hardware (like how this ship came into service, when it was commissioned, crew compliments, etc.)? It would probably not only help out newbies, but everyone else as well. As for Millennium, I hope you can get it out before August, because if not, my Junior year is going to be more or less wasted playing that game. Keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...

It's taken a bit longer than I expected, but I'm about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way done. Currently, my little story is 16 pages long in MSWord format. Once I finish writing it, I still have to proofread all of it, and add/cut out things that I don't like.

When I have proofread, etc, do I need to send it in to someone to get it approved, help me revise parts, take parts out that don't mesh with BC3k, etc?

Thanks!

Guest aramike01

I don't believe you need to send it to anyone. Why don't you just post it in portions? That way, it will be: 1) Easier to digest reading it on a computer screen; and 2) Easier for those of us who have little time.

Just a suggestion.

------------------

Commander Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Guest Ron Wallin

Daniel, you can send me the doc if you want someone to check it out based on the universe.

I wouldn't worry too much, though. If you post first and something doesn't work out, I or another Admin will let you know. If you don't make the necessary changes, we'll change it for you, etc....

But I wouldn't worry about it too much. It is rare that we have to do much editing smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

Spectre, Command Staff

Base Commander, The Dojo

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series