Wargames

Eclipse

I don't usually post in here since I don't have the time, however I have been working on a story for the past few weeks. it's rather long for the BBS so I've uploaded it and placed a link to it. I have gotten permission from those who are actual people to write them in. I hope you enjoy it.

www.redrival.com/digitalec/wargames.doc

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

ICV-Eclipse

"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival."

Not too bad. I suppose you could have broken it up into little sections and copied and pasted them here every so often to build up some tension, but it worked fairly well as it is. Maybe using OTS's like that isn't quite realistic. How do you think starbases try to defend themselves from OTS's? Just shooting them would most likely destroy them, not detonate them- nuclear detonation is actually a fairly precise business. I have an idea of how else it could be done, which I could email you if you want, but it's probably not something you could do on the spur of the moment, and so maybe just as unrealistic in the context of the story smile.gif. That's my only gripe, really- apart from that, not too bad. Keep it up! smile.gif

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda ISS07

Adjutant to the Fleet Commander

In System Support (ISS) Fleet

http://www.watson-jones.swinternet.co.uk/Svoboda

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

Oh, and maybe you could save it in a more accessible format, like save as html, or as a word 6.0 file. It'll keep most if not all of the formatting, and be more readable. Not everyone has Word 97 or higher! Might even take up a lot less space on your server.

[This message has been edited by Ben Zwycky (edited 02-04-2000).]

I was thinking along the lines of since the OTS's are/should be touchy, a large enough explosion near them could set them off. also they would yield enough to crack open nearly anything in the area. It was however a last ditch effort do damage/destroy it, so even a remote chance was beter than none smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

ICV-Eclipse

If they're that touchy, would you have them on your ship? one hit in the wrong place and whoops, there goes your no claims bonus.

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda ISS07

it was one of the things SC was talking about in playbalencing OTS's.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

ICV-Eclipse

How did I not spot that? I took part in that thread, and even suggested an idea similar to that! I must really be getting old before my years smile.gif Objection withdrawn, but it does make it pretty easy to destroy a station now.

------------------

Commander Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda ISS07

LOL, np. well, thats why SC probably won't allow us to do that to a station in game.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

ICV-Eclipse

I think you generally find that once a weakness has been exploited, an intelligent enemy will devise a defense against it. Good strategy as a one off suicidal like surprise, but I doubt it would be allowed to happen again. Gamms aint that dumb. smile.gif