Pub D'Smart: A fine drinking establishment

Guest Saito Miyamoto

Guest Saito Miyamoto

RP

Pub D'Smart was a well-known drinking establishment, presenting for its clientele a rich array of memorabilia from the late 20th century. Among them, pictures of various pop music icons, periodical booklets once known as magazines in transparent plasti-steel frames, and a device once known as a Jukebox which played old storage circular objects called CDs.

At one of the tables sat an average build young adult, somewhere around his early 20s. Many of the hardened veterans ignored him, what could a 22 year old know anything about space combat, current political struggles, or even the meaning of freedom?

Never the less he was a constant visitor. Wearing a worn out Galcom officer uniform with the insignias and nametags missing, and one sleeve torn off revealing a black skin-tight sleeve of some strange material, he sat, drinking his usual intake of sake and beer.

"Oy, kid!"

Saito Hajime Sanosuke no Miyamoto, or Saito M. for short paid little attention to the drunk vagrant that was pestering him as he tried to catch up on the latest news broadcast.

"Kid, IÔÇÖm talking to you.." The burly man placed both of his large arms on the table in front of the young captain.

"Your sitting at my table. Who the fu..."

Before the man could finish his statement, Saito grabbed one of his arms and yanked it to the side in a swift graceful move. The drunk immediately lost balance, resulting in his face crashing into the table with a large thud. Saito's beer and flask of sake were knocked over from the impact.

"Damn it, don't you know how hard this stuff is to come by these days? You don't just go and start spilling a mans sake and beer no matter how drunk you are." Saito looked down at the man waiting for an apology, unfortunately the blow must have knocked the man unconscious.

Releasing an annoyed sigh Saito pulled out his palm computer, and began going over the invoice statements from his last couple of missions. As he began adding up the various trading transactions and merc contracts his lopsided grin turned into a demonic frown.

"Dammit!," He looked down at the bleeding unconscious man, "I don't have enough funds to get another beer!" With another sigh he finished up what was left in the sake flask and began working on some of his new combat strategies

He grew up in space with his uncle who adopted him after his parents were killed in a mysterious explosion on board a Paramedic convoy. His uncle, a notorious hacker, brought Saito along on all his adventures, giving the young child a chance to learn a little bit of everything. He learned the intricacies of trade, hacking, assassination, commanding, and how not to get caught by authorities. As he grew older, he eventually got a hold of his own ship, the UCV Shinsengumi, and using the connections he made growing up with various races, made quite a niche for himself as a mercenary for hire. Times had changed however, and the escalating conflicts made it hard to play all sides of the war.

hopping someone would come by, make some conversation, and offer him a drink.

ÔÇ£That ought to do it,ÔÇØ The frown that was covering SaitoÔÇÖs face once again turned into that coy lopsided grin. He loaded up the instant-action simulation in his palm-comp and punched in the specifics for his new strategy. He watched as the computer played out the scenario specifics and strategies he punched in. After a minute or two, the results came in..

Chance of success: 10%

ÔÇ£10 percent? There has got to be a mistake.ÔÇØ He re-entered the same scenario and the results came back again:

Chance of success: 5%

Argh oh well, He grabbed his beer and realized it was empty. He looked down at the still bleeding and unconscious man and swore under his breath. If only someone would walk in and offer another.

------------------

UCV Shinsengumi

Cpt. Saito Miyamoto

Terran/Mercenary

RP

Maxamillian sat hunched over his drink. He wasn't a large man but the years had chiseled his features into stone. His pale grey/green eyes had no expression in them as they looked about the Pub D'Smart.

He frequented these places often, because here he could pick up stay bits of information. Max was a seasoned officer of GALCOM's Prime Fleet, as a matter of fact he was G2(Intelligence/Secutity) for Prime Fleet. Today, like all the other times that he checked out these places he was dressed in the garb of a trader.

He had been observing for a long time the young man sitting alone with his beer and a small flask. Max was a good judge of men, he had to be in the business that he was in, and he saw that this young man had some metal in him. Sure the metal was new and it would need to be tempered in the fires of hell, but there was something there.

As Max sat musing, one of the asteroid miners staggered over to the young man's table. The drunken giant leaned forward and mumbled something. In the flash of a lasar strike the burly giant was sprawled over the table unconscious. If Max hadn't been looking right at the young man and drunken miner, he would have missed the lighting move that disabled the giant.

With a slow smile, Max got up and headed over to the table where the youth was sitting.

"Barman, there seems to be some trash to be taken out, and bring a beer for my young friend here," With that he casually pushed the unconscious giant to the floor and took the chair just vacated.

"You don't mind if I join you, do you?" he said with a twinkle in his strange pale eyes.

RPend

Saito-The ball is in your court. You can keep the beer what ever you decide smile.gif">...<P>------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

Prime Fleet

G2 Intelligence/Security

G3 Tactics(Acting)

ICQ#48334198

Shipsmotto: "Retreat? Hell!"

Guest Saito Miyamoto

RP:

Saito studied Maximillian for a moment. There was something awe inspiring about him, a presence that only a seasoned commander has.

"Sure, take a seat", Saito made a polite gesture towards the now vacant seat. Saito directed his attention to the bartender for a moment, who he thought was more responsive than any other time Saito had come in. He quickly dropped of two beers, and proceeded to drag the miner out of the bar. Saito grinned and turned his attention back to Maximillian.

"You know, I havn't been in here often, but you gotta tell me how you were able to get him to actually do something." With a slight chuckle Saito cracked open the beers for Maximillian and himself. He studied for a moment the Maximillians Galcom uniform and insignias. He felt a bit uncomfortable wearing the battered and torn uniform he found on a pilot during one of his salavaging missions.

"So what brings you to these parts?", he asked Maximillian as he tried to shake the thoughts out of his head.

RPend

Its all you man!

------------------

UCV Shinsengumi

Cpt. Saito Miyamoto

Terran/Mercenary

RP

Maxamillian looked at the young man across from him. He slowly answered.

"You can call me Max. I was impressed with the way you handled yourself, but I am not surprised knowing your history. Yes, I know who you are Saito, it is my business to know.

I have been watching you for quite some time and you have shown me that you have a special talent for getting into trouble, but more important, you have the ability to get out too.

You want to know what a nice guy like me is doing in a place like this? Well, when we get to know each other a little better I'll tell you, however, I will tell you this, I am looking for someone who can do a little job for me. It will pay well and it will show me what you can do, are you game?"

RPend

As you know Maxamillian is the head of Intel. for First Fleet. You as Cpt. Saito do not know this yet. Maxamillian is a pretty cold fish, and has done undercover work in real life. He shows up in unexpected places and has undercover people everywhere. He has unlimated funds to initiate any operations because he has a hidden base in the Gammulan sector that produces an unlimited amount of Iridian. If you deal with him you will be paid well and you will have backing when a job is underway, but if you cross him he will not easily forget. If you decide to work for him now and in the future in the RP's, you will have to receive your orders by e-mail. This is for secuity reasons. If your RP is incorperated with someone elses it would not be smart for them to know that you are working against them. No open faced poker here. When the MP engine is perfected for BCM then things will be different >

------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

Prime Fleet

G2 Intelligence/Security

G3 Tactics(Acting)

ICQ#48334198

[This message has been edited by Maxamillian (edited 03-04-2000).]

Guest Saito Miyamoto

[RP]

There was a low beep on Saito's comlink.

"Excuse me for a moment Max..", The beep seemed to shake the young commander up. He became anxious and fidgety as he tried to conceal the origins of the message from Maximillian.

"Listen, Max...", Saito took a moment to find the words, "I am going to have to take a reincheck on that order. I have something comming up which is pretty big. Um, Listen no matter what happens or what you hear - don't worry... You still owe me some lessons."

With that Saito looked around the bar eerily. Almost as if he was being watched. He rose up to leave and began to head towards the door...

[/RP]

RP

MAX watched, with a rye smile, as the young commander left. He knew that Saito would be an asset in the future and MAX knew how to protect assets. He keyed his comm unit and spoke softly into it.

"Forester, there will be a young man coming out of the bar wearing an old GALCOM uniform. Put a watch tag on him and keep him safe. We are going to be his guardian angels without him ever knowing it. MAX out."

MAX put away his comm unit and leaned back to finished his beer. Saito didn't know it yet but he was going to have to find a benefactor soon. The clouds of war were gathering on the horizon and without some kind of affiliation, Saito would be fair game. The life of a mercenary was very short in a war.

MAX got up and paid his bill with the bartender, an old battle comrade. Leaving the bar he hit his comm button and vanished from the spot.

RP/off

Saito, a graceful retreat, but you couldn't know who MAX was. He is interested in your welfare but he will not pester you. When and if you are interested in taking the job let MAX know until then he will remain in the background. Fly high and free. wink.gif">...<P>------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

Prime Fleet

G2 Intelligence/Security

G3 Tactics(Acting)

ICQ#48334198

• 2 weeks later...

Quietly sitting in the background Valkyrie quietly observes the local drunk/bad boy getting tumbled buy a young spacer near the bar.Realizing it's the same all over the Galaxy he goes to turn back to his drink ...but notices moderately well dressed Trader gets and moves over to his table and sits down.

Valkyrie then notices the strangest thing when the Trader indicates to the barman for a couple of drinks it seems as if he...almost...salutes,as if by automatic reaction,then does an even stranger thing by carring the drunk out?????

Who is this Guy?

Could he be a Staff member of one of the fleets or the barman thought he was an Officer he once served under.....Then again it could be another well to do merchant

who's entertainment preferences bend the other way.

I Wouldn't be surprised the way the Young Fella certainly got the jitters all of a sudden and didn't QUITE walk out with full boost and it's not the first time i've seen it happen bit low for cash no contracts to be had thank God I havn't had to do that (but I've been close to it).

But after the young spacer left the trader talked into his comm unit so i wonder what it was all about!.

Oh well after he leaves I'll head back to the ship and talk to my intel officer about it.

rp end

is that how you do it????

please forgive my punctuation I Failed english

------------------

Commander Jason "Valkyrie" Oppermann

UCV Sothern Star

"Lest We Forget"

4/7th Australian Independant Recon Forces

[email protected]

"Smile---It Keeps Everyone Wondering What You've Been Up To"

[RP]

McQueen sat back in a corner of the bar and has watched the whole exchange, slightly amused by it. It looks like Saito was terrified of old Max, well maybe he should check in on it, as normally Max is not one from who you run away, except if you have something to cover.

McQueen rose up as all others have left the bar, went over to the bartender.

"Well old friend has been a nice show,or?"

"Your right pal, but i don't recognize you, whats your name?"

"Oh you are sure that you don't recognize me, i had not thought that my little misfortune would change me that much, just think away the eyepatch and scar on my face."

"Hm, you look like someone i know but that can't be,.... TC is that you?"

"Yes, old friend."

"What happened to you, that scar looks quite impressive, or is it just a fake?"

"No it is real, but the story how it happened is quite long, and we can go over it some other day. Right now i need to get back to HQ. Cu sometime old friend"

"Sure we will." *and he grinned*

McQueen paid his bill, and left the bar,

walking back to his shuttle.

As he walked back he was thinking about Max, maybe he should contact him.

[/RP]

Well need to warm up again, so i started in a thread that was not quite so cramped smile.gif

------------------

EarthCOM-Officer T. C. McQueen

ECV-Saratoga

15th EarthCOM Planetary Force, Alpha Group

"One time a marine, always amarine, and to hell with anyting that stands in our way!"

Earth Command

www.earthcom.de

RP

MAX noticed an old friend move up to the bar and talk to the bartender. The Capt. of the SARATOGA was a little worse for ware but he looked fit.

He tossed the last of his beer down and headed to the bar to pay the bill. He nodded to McQueen, and quietly left without saying a word. T.C. knew when MAX was dressed in civies, that he was snooping around and didn't want to be recognized. They would meet again.

RP/off

Valkyrie, welcome, you did just fine. There isn't any right or wrong way to do these things. This was set up as a limited RP to get peoples' feet wet. Just join in on a thread, but check with the oringinator to see where he can fit you in. An RP like this is open to all and doesn't have any plot or real story line. Have fun.

Been awhile T.C., maybe we can get DeSylva back in one of these things. Catch you later.... smile.gif"><P>

------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

Prime Fleet

G2 Intelligence/Security; G3 Tactics (Acting)

Guest Robert De Bruce

RP:

Cmdr Robert De Bruce was weary... three months deep inside Insurgant held space, had taken their toll on both him and his ship. Looking around him, the flickering neon sign of a bar caught his eye.

"Time for a bit of well deserved R&R", he thought, and strode towards the door.

Suddenly a young, roughly dressed man appeared in the doorway. The man glanced around him then hurried down the street away from De Bruce.

"Someones in a hurry..?", muttered the commander, before stepping out of the cold and into the bar.

Inside, there was an atmosphere of guarded authority, caused mainly by the presence of De Bruces Fleet Commander, McQueen.

"Dammit.", De Bruce thought to himself, "If he sees me he's gonna ask where my report is."

De Bruce's mind drifted back to the mission just completed. The sound of the claxon as the ship had switched to Red Alert. A type I Insurgant Battlecruiser had hyperjumped into the system almost on top of the cloaked Event Horizon. The unsuspecting ship had been so close De Bruce had sworn he had seen a woman in her quarters changing through a window. The Event Horizon was no stranger to cloaked operations, indeed she was specifically selected for them, however that mission had been particularly tense he reflected. Maybe he was just getting older...

Suddenly Cmdr McQueen rose to leave. De bruce slipped back into a shadow and lowered his head so as to remain un-noticed. The ploy worked and McQueen past him by without a hint of recognition, a thoughtful expression on his face.

De Bruce signaled to the barman and sat down to wait...

RP/OFF

This is my first time guys so... be gentle. Let me know if I'm doing it wrong.

OK I've changed the offending section of my post so hopefully that might help get this RPG ball rolling again...

------------------

EarthCOM Officer Robert De Bruce

ECV Event Horizon

15th EarthCOM Planetary Force, Sigma Group.

"And he stept out of the dark and into the light..."

[This message has been edited by Robert De Bruce (edited 03-24-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Robert De Bruce (edited 03-24-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Robert De Bruce (edited 04-05-2000).]

Seemed pretty good to me, Robert, though we'll see whether you're allowed that "specifically modified for cloaked operations", but stylistically spot on.

------------------

Cmdr. Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda, ISS07

Adjutant to the Fleet Commander

ISS Fleet Recruiting Officer

Director, CIOPS Directorate of Training and Administration

CO of Starpoint Starbase, Titan

Initiate - Order of Jade Dragon

http://www.watson-jones.swinternet.co.uk/Svoboda

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)