The Death Wraith

Gallion

I created some ISS and SCID NPC for use by anyone, if they want to role play them in, let me or Tringad know what you want to use them for and well get them out there to you for use.

Strategic Cmdr. Jeehun Ristar

GCV Shogun, ISS02

Chief of Fleet Operations – ISS/SCID Fleets

Shogun of the Dragon Council – Order of the Jade Dragon

-Commander’s Shield

www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/9206/iss

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

{rp}

1315, March 15, 3008

Saturn, Sol

GCV-Shogun

Lt.Cmdr Hull walked into the Shogun's Research Lab to find Ensign Ayako behind a computer talking to herself.

".....why does it keep doing that?"

"Ensign Ayako, I have some new information for you, that might help with that other data"

"Sure Sir, what is it?"

"The GCV Swiftsure is in Rinaal, and they noticed a phenomenon with their weapons lock system. They found a probe near the Hadar-IX jump point and they determined that it was emitting what seemed to be a very high powered EMD field, some of the readings were around 2.6 times more effective than the normal jammers. The cloaking system was not affected but they could only maintain a lock for 2.6 seconds. What does that tell you?"

"Well, Sir, I have been doing some research and it seems that all GALCOM vessels' weapon's lock on mechanisms send out a sound pulse to determine the lock on a target. This mechanism controls the PTA and missile systems. Now all GALCOM vessels are set at the same frequency."

"Wouldn't that affect other GALCOM vessels trying to get a lock?"

"Not really, Sir, sound frequencies travel in straight lines, so unless a GALCOM vessel got between you and your target after you sent out the lock on signal, you would be on only one to receive the lock on. Now if the Swiftsure can only maintain a lock for 2.6 seconds, that means the probe has a delay in the time it recognizes a frequency and then jams it."

"Can't the weapons officer or someone aboard the vessel change the frequency?"

"Yes, Sir, they could but that takes a long time to take apart the assembly and change it and then reassemlbe it. The assembly won't work when it's partially disassembled. So in a battle you can see that this isn't a wise solution."

"Can you find a way to do this without taking apart the solution?"

"I can try, Sir, but we would need to get near a probe to determine if my device would work or not."

"I'll talk to Ristar about it, to get us out there."

"I'll start to work on the device, Sir"

Lt.Cmdr Hull made his way to the bridge to find Strat.Cmdr Ristar at his command station going over tactical reports.

"Brett, I need a report from you about what is going on."

"Sir, Fleet Cmdr Tringad is as you know on his way to LV-103 to lead some of the Falkyrie Resistance Cells. The GAmmulans control the entire Gammulan Quadrant. This means that the Falkyries have been conquered. They seem to be moving out into the Credian Quadrant, and we can only assume that the Credian Quadrant is their next target. Cmdr Somerset is in Rinaal, and was traking a new probe and was going to destroy it, when his weapons lock vanished. He could only maintain the lock for 2.6 seconds and the probe wasn't moving to break the lock. I'm having Ensign Ayako working on a solution. She needs us to get to that probe to see if her device will work."

"Lt. Rittal, set a course for Rinaal"

"Aye, Sir" Lt. Rittal, the Shogun's Navigation Officer, responded.

"Ensign Lee, get Cmdr. Somerset on the horn and tell him to keep a track of that probe and do not destroy it!! Tell him that Lt.Cmdr Hull will be giving him a briefing of what we have working on that probe"

"Aye, Sir"

"Brett, when Cmdr Somerset gets online, give him a briefing on our research status"

"Aye Sir"

1300, March 15, 3008

Falkyrie Homeworld

LV-103, Alpha Cygni

Chimera Starbase

LTC Dugan was sitting in his office, when his XO Maj.Callister knocked on the door.

"Come in John," LTC Dugan said

"Sir, we just received a field report from one of the Jade Dragon's recon with one of the Falkyrie Resistance Cells....

"Go on XO"

"They intercepted some transmissions from Gammulan HQ to some of its fleet ships. They were telling them to rendezvous at Romeo Omicron in small numbers to begin refit for Omicron V1 probes. We don't know where this Romeo Omicron point is, Sir"

"Did the Jade Dragon's recon force determine exactly what this probe is going to do?"

"No, Sir, they only determined that the ships were going to have to undergo minor refits, so I guess that is why they had them coming in in small numbers so not to realize the rendezvous point and not to leave front areas thinly covered. They did detect larger numbers of ships getting destination coordinates into the Credian Quadrant."

"When Fleet Cmdr. Tringad arrives, we will suggest that we begin espionage and possible counter-intelligence strikes on the Gammulans in this area."

"Yes, sir"

"For now get that information you found to Strat.Cmdr Ristar, since Tringad is maintaining radio silence until he arrives here."

"Yes, Sir"

1335, March 15, 3008

Pluto, Sol,

GCV Shogun

"Sir, we are receiving a message from Chimera Starbase in LV-103."

"On the monitor Ensign Lee"

The image of Maj. Callister appeared on the Bridge Viewer and he explained of the Jade Dragon and Falkyrie Resistance findings about the Omicron V1 probes. That information was sent down to the Research Lab for Ensign Ayako to research that name. Once the message ended, Lt.Cmdr Hull began receiving damage reports from GALCOM HQ on the losses from the first wave of Gammulan assault.

"Sir, Wraith Fleet HQ was self destructed. Out of 68 ships, 32 were lost, that number could be higher but communication is in disarray as some commanders are scattered throught a couple of systems. Reports are all of Corsair Wing except Gallion are destroyed."

Ristar's face turned pale, he immediately began to worry about his 3 friends in Wraith Fleet. He know that Somerset was alive, for now. But he thought of Fleet Cmdr Londono, and Cmdr Gallion and worried over their condition and state.

"Have we heard of Fleet Cmdr.Londono and Cmdr. Gallion's status?"

"No sir, we have not received any information on either. I believe even members of Wraith are unsure of Gallion's status as he endured the blunt of the attack."

"Send a message out to Fleet Cmdr.Londono, and tell him I am dispatching 3 Battlecruisers from ISS and 2 from SCID Fleets to assist him and to begin Intel and counter-Intel operations. If he needs medics or engineer units, or anything, tell him to let us know and we'll get it to him. Get Prime Fleet on the horn also and let them know that there is a possibility of the Gammulans moving this way and for them to start mobilizing."

"Yes, Sir, sending message now"

"Have ISS Fleet's Defense wing move into Alpha Centauri system and let that start the buffer system. Let Tringad know what the status of his fleet is."

Lt.Cmdr Hull began making the Tactical Operational Order (Op Order) for the various ships involved.

"Get a message to the commanders of the Wurzburg, Lafayette, and Dark Sun to go to Condition Red and await deployment orders to Wraith Fleets location."

"Yes, Sir" Hull answered

"Sir, we have a message from ISS Fleet HQ. Cmdr Zwycky is informing us that they have discovered a possible mole within ISS," Ensign Lee said

"DAMMIT, Get me Fleet Cmdr. Jason Tisborn on the GCV Ravenloft!!!"

Moments later the acting Fleet Commander of SCID Fleet was on the Bridge Viewer.

"Jason, get in touch with Cmdr. Dilvorn, Cmdr. Jamont, and Cmdr. Zwycky and find out about what is going on about a MOLE over there"

"Yes, Sir"

"and then report it to myself and Fleet Cmdr. Tringad. I need you to stand by for deployment to support Wraith Fleet once we get the location needed. We need to get to the bottom of this mole situation, that's the last thing we need is either the Insurgents or possible Gammulan spies snooping around here.

"Yes, Sir, I'll get to work on it."

"Ristar, out"

{/rp}

Ben, Josh and Jamont, it's up to you on this mole situation, let me know your plans for it. If you want an Insurgent mole work it out with Rattler or Akira, if they don't want to do it, make up a Gammulan spy. Use the NPC Fleet CMdr.Tisborn and his ship GCV Ravenloft as you need to for SCID support.

GCV Shogun, ISS02

-Commander’s Shield

[This message has been edited by Cmdr Ristar (edited 03-20-2000).]

{rp}

1330,March 15, 3008

Pluto, Sol

GCV Shogun

Ristar sat in his quarters looking at the sword that hung on his wall. Today was the anniversary of his parents death on Saturn at the hands of the some thing out of the sky the term that had come to apply to "what" it was were the Red Eyed Woollies. He had been so busy in what was happening that he hadn't even realized it. He and his then girlfriend, Heather, had been on leave on Saturn to attend the annual Festival of the Rings and for his parents to meet Heather. They intened on marriage, but only after graduation. That happy time had turned into such a nightmare. His father was congratulating him on his first successful cruise and then all of a sudden hell broke loose. Terror filled the peaceful streets. Death was all around. He couldn't even see what was attacking except for that red eye. In the aftermath, his parents lay dead, he and Heather badly hurt. In his fathers will, he had left him with this sword. The one he liked to play with when he was a child, but was told not to touch. It was his father's officers sword. This sword had been handed down through the generations. This katana was special in that it was made especially for Ristar's ancestor who was one of the first westerners to step foot in ancient feudal Japan.

He sat with his contraband ale looking over the new membership applications for the SCID and ISS Fleets. Trying to find a good cantidate amongst the new and old ranks for Fleet Commander was getting more and more difficult. Some not qualified enough, some partialy qualified, not sure who to decide on.

He missed DeSylva and worried for all his friends scattered about the various systems.

He came across an application and it caught his eye. "Cmdr.Ryker" He read through the history and psych. profile. "Yes, He will do fine"

Ristar went to his terminal, "Comms, raise Cmdr Ryker aboard the GCV Olumpus II and let me know once you have him."

"Yes, Sir" Ensign Lee said as she busy began to contact Ryker.

{/rp}

Cmdr. Ryker, you have your way into the role play. Ryker is one of the new role players to the forum and is new to the SCID, I am going to get him out to the Wraith Fleet, so as soon as someone from Wraith lets me know where to send him, and Ryker I need you to post your situation and a little history about yourself.

I wanted to keep with the Red Eyed Woollies theme from the past. I don't remember all the details from the email campaign, but we can work them out

GCV Shogun, ISS02

-Commander’s Shield

[This message has been edited by Cmdr Ristar (edited 03-20-2000).]

Time for communications galore. smile.gif

[RP]

0603, March 15, 3008

Rinaal, Cyrian

GCV Swiftsure

Somerset had just concluded his communications with Dragon Central, and Ristar, Londono, and other Commanders. The picture pieced together wasn't a pretty one. Tac was down to 36 ships in Hadar-IX, not including the Mandorian ships who had joined in the fight with Wraith. At least that way, they stood a chance. Thankfully for them, the Gammulans didn't know about the force of almost 100 more Wraith vessels that had been moved from Tyrus-II to Lydon, where Londono intended to make a stand. It wasn't bad, but it could be worse.

From her station, for what seemed like the umpteenth time, Melanie Winforth reported, "Commander, message for you from the Graf Spee."

"On screen," Somerset ordered.

"Ben, change 2000," Gallion said to Commander Somerset once a commlink had been established.

Somerset barely managed to form the word "What...?" before Gallion cut him off, and continued.

"I am detaching and reassigning eight of the battlecruisers under my command to you. You will carry out your current assignment, harass the Gams when able, and get word to our esteemed leader that something came up that I need to look into. I will be out of contact for most of this sojourn. The Gams fell for this trick once and I donna think that they will fall for it again. Also expect some type of Gam recon force to investigate what we did here. Any questions Ben?"

Somerset attempted to make a reply, but Gallion felt that his silence indicated consent, and continued.

"Good. The only other thing that I will add is this," Gallion became somewhat tense and sullen as he continued, "watch your six Ben. As ye know the Gams arenÔÇÖt pussy-footinÔÇÖ around this time. I have a bad feeling about this. Good luck and ÔÇÿtill we meet again, Gallion OUT!"

With that, the standard GCN logo with the words END TRANSMISSION appeared. When it returned to the forward view, Somerset could see the Graf Spee, and some unlucky Battlecruiser head for the Pravis jump point. Where they were going, or what they were doing, Somerset knew not. And I probably really don't want to know what that crazy Corsair is up to...," he thought to himself.

He gave orders to redeploy his ships into a new defensive formation, and continue waiting. At this point, he and his ships were caught behind the fence, and Somerset wasn't going to risk running the gauntlet of Gammulan ships located right next to the Hadar-IX jumpgate. They had that point secured, and Somerset knew it.

"All right, it's time to batten down, and wait. Number One, let's stand maintain Condition Red, but send Alpha and Beta shifts below to get some rest. Five hours, and rotate them with Delta and Gamma shifts. Melanie, inform all ships to do the same. We can't fight the Gammulans, as well as our fatigue. Ishikawa, Kamarov, Winforth, get below and get some rest as well." Somerset flicked the comm switch on his console, as Soran complied with his orders. "Somerset to O'Malley."

"O'Malley here, sair." came the quick reply.

"Shawn, I want you to get below and get some rest." Somerset ordered.

"But, sair...if they enemy tries to attack...!"

"If they do, you'll have plenty of notice, Lt. Commander. Now get some rest, that's an order."

O'Malley replied reluctantly "Aye, aye, sair."

1315, March 15, 3008

Rinaal, Cyrian

GCV Swiftsure

Somerset had now been awake for 28 hours. He had ordered the doctor to report to the bridge 6 hours ago with a stimulant to keep himself awake. He was also working on his eighth cup of tea.

So far, it had been quiet. The shift rotation had gone smoothly, and Somerset now had a crew ready for whatever the Gammulans had to throw at them. Most of the senior staff were back at their stations, except for McAllister, whom Somerset had sent to rest when the rest of the staff returned to stations. Ishikawa was more than capable of handling her post in case something happened while she was asleep.

Once again, Melaine reported from her post, "Sir, incoming message. It's from the Shogun, Level II, marked for your eyes only."

Somerset heaved a sigh as he said, "Put it through."

He put in his security chip and clearance, and the message appeared.

------Begin Transmission-----

To: Cmdr. B. Somerset, GCV Swiftsure

Fm: Strat. Cmdr. J. Ristar, GCV Shogun

Commander, you are hereby ordered to reconnoiter Hadar-IX, and track new enemy probes in that region. Under no circumstances are you to destroy the probe. Briefing on our current progress with a fix for the probe follows. Good luck, Ben.

-------End Transmission-------

Somerset looked over the data, and found it somewhat interesting. But, it would be no help to him, since he had neither the equipment, nor the time to mess with research. He needed results, not progress reports. Even so, a way to get through the probes jamming would be nice.

"Melanie, get me a channel to the Rodney." Luckily for Somerset, one of the most experienced Commanders, Conner, had been left behind with him in Rinaal. And now, he would come in handy, with his maneuverable Questar.

Conner came on the screen, and said "Yes, sir?"

"Conner, what's your status?"

"All damage was repaired hours ago, sir. We're combat ready, and aching for some action."

"Here's your chance. I'm sending you data on some sort of special probe the Gammulans have come up with. I need you to enter Hadar-IX, keep a track on it, and collect more data. Foremost, do not, I repeat, do not destroy that probe! Keep as far away from any similar probes, because we don't know if they can burn through a cloaking field or not. If it looks like you've been detected, run for the rest of the Fleet. I doubt that the Gamms will follow. Take care of yourself, Conner. We need good ships and crews like yours, especially now."

Conner looked down at one of his displays, and reviewed the current data. "Sounds like a lot of fun, sir. I'll keep in touch, and see you on the other side. Conner out."

It would be up to Conner, now. Somerset couldn't risk himself, when the rest of the ships were under his care. Conner would do the job just as well as he would, and Somerset wanted to recommend him for commendation when they finally made it back to friendly territory.

The Questar shot for the Hadar-IX jump point, as an SR probe shot out from in front of it. The Rodney disappeared from view as her cloak stabilized. Somerset wished him luck.

[/RP]

I would appreciate it if Conner wasn't killed. I kind of like his character. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

Stationed, *Starstation Wrath

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way." - John Paul Jones

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

Prime Fleet Liason Officer

no problem Ben, I'll keep him alive, I'll do my post tomorrow, let me think about what I want to do.

GCV Shogun, ISS02

Chief of Fleet Operations – ISS/SCID (GCIA??) Fleets

-Commander’s Shield

Dilvorn: I shall make the same recommendation that I did to Ristar. If you're going to head for the war zone, I suggest you do it through the back way ie. Fluxfields. A direct route will be blocked by a nice big Gammulan Fleet at Hadar-IX. The only other way is through the Fluxfields. But be wary, because they may be guarded as well. Before making your final jump, I'd send a probe in ahead to confuse the Gamms into thinking it's just a unmanned recon. You'll be long gone before they realize it. Of course, that's my two bits. As Gallion would say: "Ye've been warned." wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way." - John Paul Jones

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

[rp]

1109, March 15, 3008

Hadar-9, Cyrian

Phase II of the plan neared completion. The Gammulan Orders were becoming restless. They could see their enemy loitering about the jump point to Tyrus-2. Analysis of probe data indicated that this was all a ruse. The cowardly Wraiths would not stand and fight in the next system, it would be the one after that. There the Gammulan Warrior Bloodlust would be sated somewhat but not completely. Mor-DÔÇÖr smiled and the red of his eyes brightened some as he thought about the upcoming fest.

1217, March 15, 3008

Octura-6, Omega Centauri

Ten warships engage in a dance to the death. Missiles from the warships and their fighter craft filled the black void of space with fire and light. Fire from their launch and light from the impact on target. Most of the many that were launched arrived at their appointed destination, through the ever-spewing array of defending PTA and laser fire, to light the darkness of the black void in the explosive brilliance of their detonation.

Surviving fighters tried to return to their wombs as the tango drew to a close, not all made. None of the ten that began the dance survived intact. Seven dancers light the galactic backdrop with the light of a reactor reaching critical and exploding. Three dancers were emitting their beacons that would summon new dance partners. Activity in one warship increased at a frantic pace to both silence the beacon of death and to return to the dance floor before any more partners arrived to ask for a dance.

1331, March 15, 3008

Pluto, Sol

Eight warships entered the space near Pluto from the jump point that led to Centris, Alpha Centauri. Four of the warships peeled from the rest and headed for the jump point that led to Jupiter. The remaining four warships targeted one of the battlecruisers in orbit around Pluto and near the scientific space station. Once the Target was located the four warships engaged their hyperdrives and jumped towards the space station.

Four warships entered the Jupiter jump point and left the Pluto region just as four other warships exited hyperspace near Pluto.

These four warships, two Stormcariers and two Constellation Class Battlecruisers, were a motley bunch. The IFF of the first two warships emitted Terran/Mercenary transponder codes whilst the IFF of the remaining two warships emitted Zelon/Assassin transponders codes. The four warships changed their course towards a battlecruiser in the vicinity at full speed. Fighter craft were launched from the four warships and headed for the same Target as the four warships. Response from the Target and the vessels near it were slow to respond to this unforseen threat as they too launched their covey of fighters. Missiles were launched when in range at the Target and those warships in the near. Fighter craft of both forces were destroyed or disabled. One of the attacking Assassin battlecruisers was destroyed and one attacking Stormcarrier was a near the SOS beacon activation mark. That was enough for the remaining two attacking warships as they broke off their attack and hypered out of the fray towards once they came.

The Target did not escape the attack unblemished. A warship near the Target was destroyed and the Target was heavily damaged. The Target warship is high on one particular bounty sheet, as a matter of fact there is only one Galcom vessel higher on this list than the Target, the GCV-Shogun, and the Gammulans didnÔÇÖt have a clue were it was.

1345, March 15, 3008

Jupiter, Sol

Four warships entered through the Pluto jump point and waited. These four warships, two Stormcariers and two Galactan Class Battlecruisers, were a motley group too. The IFF of the first two warships emitted Terran/Mercenary transponder codes whilst the IFF of the remaining two warships emitted Zelon/Assassin transponders codes. They were waiting for a Target of sorts to arrive. They had no knowledge as to the failed attack in Pluto.

1315, March 15, 3008

Hadar-9, Cyrian

The Rinaal jump point was active once again as something came through the jump gate. The Gammulan warships waiting near the JP could not get anything of their sensors for them to engage. The special probes were working overtime and were coming close to getting a firing solution on what ever it was that came through the jump point.

This time Mor-DÔÇÖr wouldnÔÇÖt hold his warriors or any of the Gammulan warriors back. Phase III was set to begin any minute now and tension had to be drained from the frustrated warriors of the Empire. As Mor-DÔÇÖr contemplated this, the probes had obtained a firing solution on the unknown threat that entered the system from Rinaal. The orders were given and the warships were let lose on the prey.

[/rp]

Think fast Ben ÔÇô Gams have a target lock!

To the rest ÔÇô careful what ye post for ye will sow what is posted. Become aware of the tactical situation. There are 400-500 Gam warships in the Hadar-9 system. 200-300 Gam warships are scattered about the Gam Quad.

Some Fluxfields have a 50-50 chance of landing ye into a black hole so be very, very careful wink.gif

The Target is the GCV Shogun and its Commanding Officer. The Shogun was attacked before departing Pluto and sustained heavy damage and some casualties though none specified. Phase II is complete.

Adjusted Time back some for Pluto escapade.

My next post will get the ball rolling in Hadar-9.

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 03-21-2000).]

[rp]

On the way to Saturn .....

Cmdr. Jamont were recieving a life form down in the cargo hold

.....Cmdr. Jamont stands up , get his blaster and goes down with 2 marines

Down in the Cargo Hold...

you two look in that shuttle

Cmdr. Jamont walks to a large crate that he hasn't seen before.

Suddenly a figure jumps out and graps him...

He hears.... He Babe

???? toekirah

What in the hell are you doing here??

Sorry i just couldn't stay at home.

Damnit girl i could get in trouble for this.

Now walk with me to the Comms room.

Comms officer send a msg To the Fleet Leader.

I dictate

Fleet Leader its seems my wife has gotten aboard my ship...what should i do .

im on the way to saturn to hopefully meet Ben.

I want to talk to him about the Mole

What should i do with my wife , she wants to go with us , she sayed she can cook for our boys here...its seems a good idea.

do i have the autority for this?

End of Msg

[/rp]

Ben i need to talk to you about the mole

Cmdr. Jamont

GCV- Prophecy IV , (ISS05)

Intelligence and Espionage Wing Commander

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/9206/iss "

I deleted my post about going to Rinaal to meet Somerset, Gallion and I discussed some things about his post. I'll check in the morning Gallion to see what you altered in your post if anything and we can role play the assassination attempt.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Jeehun Ristar

GCV Shogun, ISS02

Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet/CIOPS

-Commander’s Shield

ISS / CIOPS Fleet Home Page

[RP]

1319, March 15, 3008

Hadar-IX, Cyrian

GCV Rodney

Conner didn't quite understand just what he was supposed to be doing here, right in the middle of the Gammulan Armada. If the ships cloak failed, the Rodney and it's entire crew were sitting ducks. It would only be a matter of time before the Gamms figured out that the SR probe was just a ruse, and came after them. With the power of those probes, they might just be able to do it.

"Status report, Number One." Conner requested.

The First Officer swiftly replied, "All systems are nominal, sir. The cloaking device is stable, and functioning normally. However, Engineering reports some minor particle flux readings. It may be because of the power of the probes."

"Science, are we getting any data?"

"I'm getting some excellent readings, sir. The power of these things is amazing..." his Science Officer replied.

"Very well, very well. Navigation, I want an escape course to the Fleet ready, and laid in. Helm, I want you ready to go to hyperspace the moment I give you an order. Understood?"

Both officers carried out their orders, knowing full well that if the Gamms located them, they two would have the fate of the whole ship in their hands.

Suddenly, the Science Officer said, "Commander! I'm getting some strange readings from the probes. I can't tell what's going on...I need to get some more data..."

"Then I need it yesterday!" Conner responded.

The First Officer looked at Conner as he said, "Sir! Main Engineering reports that the particle flux is only increasing. It may make us detectable by enemy sensors!"

Without warning, an alarm started sounding in Conner's ear as the Weapons Officer jumped, yelling, "Commander, our cloak has failed! The enemy is getting a weapons lock!"

Before the sentence was finished, Conner ordered, "Helm, engage!"

With that, the Rodney flew away from the Gammulans, and flung a sphere of rainbow colored light ahead of them, jumping into hyperspace. Though none of them could see it, the Rodney barely missed a barrage of weapons fire that very well could have disabled them.

Lady Luck traveled with Conner and the Rodney that day.

[/RP]

Since Ristar no longer contacted Somerset, he isn't present this post around.

Gallion: Ye be an evil creature, forcin' me to get out of such a sticky situation. wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

[rp]

1330, March 15, 3008

Hadar-9, Cyrian

Mor-DÔÇÖr watched as the prey entered hyper-space and escaped certain destruction. Yet another frustrating factor to entertain the Warriors with as they stood done from battle stations. There were not many places to hide within the system so Mor-DÔÇÖr and the rest of the Gammulan Fleet commanders were not much worried. One for fish in the pond and one more fish to fry.

1345, March 15, 3008

Gammulan Empire War Council Chamber

Undetermined Location in the Gammulan Quadrant

An emergency session of the War Council of the Gammulan Empire was summoned by Jarius, its current leader. Status report of Phase II of the plan had been received and had disappointed Jarius. For the most part, Phase II was a success with one notable exception. The Target had not been eliminated. Though not a major component of the plan, the Head of the Dragon had not been severed and could make the completion of the plan more difficult than need be.

Exact details of the failed assassination attempt of the Shogun had not yet arrived. Enough data was available that required the War CouncilÔÇÖs notice and approval before Phase III could be implemented. The debate was short lived as several dissenting voices were violently eliminated to stop the spread of contamination of their dissent.

Jarius was pleased with the CouncilÔÇÖs resolution to continue with the plan despite the minor setback in Phase II. The glow in JariusÔÇÖ red eyes brightened as he gave the order to initiate Phase III operations to the waiting Orders in Hadar-9 and other elements scattered throughout the Credian Quadrant.

1355, March 15, 3008

Octura-6, Omega Centauri

The frantic activity bore fruit on one of three warships adrift in space. The constant emissions of its SOS beacon had been silenced. Unfortunately for good and would not be able to function until the warship underwent a major refit at a space station. Which was good and bad news to the crew of the disable warship. Good because there was no reason for another space vessel to investigate the disabled warship unless in a salvage attempt. Bad news because there would be no other space vessels, friendly or otherwise, to render assistance to the stricken warship. The commander of the disable warship laid out the ultimate bluff, he only hoped that no one would come a calling him on it anytime soon.

1400, March 15, 3008

Chanis-,1 Xyon

Chanis-2, Xyon

4th Moon, Rinaal, Cyrian

Hadar-9, Cyrian

Zelena, Lanix V

Lydan, Krynon

Moon-2, Tyrus-2, Krynon

Gammulan Warships decloaked though out the Credian Quadrant in orbit around various moons and planets. Targets were plotted on the surface of these planetary bodies and laid into the memory of the warship weapon systems. Then they were prioritized and the maelstroms commenced. The warships launched OTS ordinance by the dozen on each target. Results of the OTS launches were excellent, predictable, and devastating to the targets. All targets were eliminated within 10 minutes of acquisition.

Not everything on the planetary surfaces were destroyed. Most were not even of interest to the Warships of the Empire. The only surface targets that were destroyed were those that had some type of Terran facility within it. Whether it was a trading post, research center, colony, or military base, it did not matter. If it was Terran then it was destroyed within the cleansing fire of an expanding mushroom shaped cloud.

1400, March 15, 3008

Hadar-9, Cyrian

The orders had come at last. The leash around the Horde was released. Free at last the Orders of the Gammulan Fleet began to engage the cowardly Wraiths that had eluded them over the past hours. One by one they were found and obliterated. By the score the warships left Hadar-9 and entered Tyrus-2, chasing the fleeing Wraiths as they tried to escape.

Mor-DÔÇÖr and the Van were at the front of the assault. Already five Wraith battlecruisers had fallen to the Van. More were within reach, more would fall. The Bloodlust that Mor-DÔÇÖr and the rest of the Gammulan Warriors had fought so long to withhold was unleashed in all its fury at the enemy before him. He and the rest of the Gammulan Horde had no mercy as they fell upon the Wraith and found the prey that had eluded them just a short time ago.

1400, March 15, 3008

Rinaal, Cyrian

From two different jump points the Gammulan Warships entered the Rinaal system and sought their prey. From Hadar-9, 24 warships arrived and were being cut-up by the Wraiths waiting in ambush as they sat helplessly when they exited the jump point.

Thirty-two Warships entered from the lee at the Pravis jump point. They found the elusive and cowardly Wraiths that were destroying their brethren as they exited the Hadar-9 jump point. One the hyper-drives were recharged they too entered the fray near the jump point and tilted the battle towards them as they fell upon the backside of a cowardly foe. Missiles were launched and main guns and turrets were ablaze.

1400, 15 March, 3008

Antis, Trennis

Forty-four Gammulan Warships decloaked in orbit near the planet. They were searching for a target that Intelligence said was there. A very big target that would be in orbit around the planet that even a terran couldnÔÇÖt miss noticing or locating. There was nothing. Throughout the system there was debris but not a single sign of the big target. Not wanting to risk losing his head, the leader of the Gammulan warships ordered them to split up and search the system, particle by particle if necessary to find the big target.

Unknown to the Gammulan leader, his and the warriors with him efforts would prove to be an act of futility. They would never find the big target they were looking for. At least not in this life time.

[/rp]

Ben ÔÇô I suggest that ye vacate Rinaal. Try the F08 in Capella. If ye be quick, ye just might make it biggrin.gif

Made minor corrections, grammar, spelling. Probably still missed some of them.

Does anyone see the flaw in the current tactical situation? Exploitation of this flaw is possible if caught in time tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 03-22-2000).]

Ugh...out of the frying pan and into the fire. In any case, I'll make it an interesting fight...tomorrow.

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

after I post my reply to the assassination attempt I will repost my previous post about the arrival in Rinaal with the prototype device to stop the jamming of the lock on mechanism.

------------------

GCV Shogun, ISS02

-Commander’s Shield

{rp}

1331, March 15, 3008

Pluto, Sol

GCV Shogun

The Shogun was passing by Gazer 1, it would be nice to have some shore leave to build up the morale, but getting out to Rinaal to test this device on the new Gammulan Omicron V1 probe. As the Shogun was preparing to jump through the gate to head to Rinaal 8 ships suddenly appeared in Pluto space, 4 immediately broke off from the pack and headed for the jump point to Jupiter, the other 4 were heading toward Gazer 1.

“Sir!!!” Lt.Cmdr Hull sounded, “We have 4 hostile targets closing on our position, their IFF shows there are 2 Terran/Mercenaries in Stormcarriers, and 2 Zelon/Assassins in 2 Constellation Class Battlecruisers.”

“Get the Interceptors out there, raise the shields, go to Red Alert!! Get a message to Gazer 1 to try and lend some support when they get into range, we’ll try to get them closer to the stations weapons range.” Ristar commanded.

Hull immediately called down to the Shogun’s Flight Officer and Ristar’s wife, Lt. Heather Ristar, to get the Interceptors out.

The Red alert klaxons sounded throughout the ship. The flight bay was filled with commotion as pilots and co-pilots scrambled to their fighters. System and Flight engineers finished the launch preparations. Heather Ristar stood on the flight ops planning room and began coordinating the attack with the TacOps computer and Lt.Cmdr. Hull.

Lt.Ristar announced to the pilots, “ Vampire and Cobra in IC1 and Dice Man and Merlin in IC4 are Red Group, and Shogun and Ranger in IC2 and Road Runner and Coyote in IC3 are Blue Group”

“Cobra, you strapped in and ready to Rock and Roll, baby ??!!”

“I’m ready Vampire, let’s get out there”

“Dice Man, you and Merlin are my wing men” Vampire called out

“Roger that Vamp, we’ve got your 6” yelled Dice Man

The Interceptors shot out of the launch bay, and into the black cold space, but it would soon heat up.

“Red and Blue Groups, we need to draw those fighters into Gazer 1’s weapon’s range” Lt.Ristar said.

As the 4 intruders drew closer PTA systems from all angles opened up. The Interceptors began splitting off drawing the enemy fighters away from the Shogun.

The Shogun unleashed 4 Vagrants, 2 to each of the Stormcarriers, these found their marks and small explosions could be seen. But the Shogun was beginning to wear down, it’s shields at very low levels, it began to maneuver toward the station to give the shields time to re-energize.

“Transfer power from the transporter and launch bays to the shields” Ristar commanded

“Aye, Sir”

IC1, GCV Shogun

“Cobra, where is that fighter?”

“He’s behind us Vamp”

“Dice Man, where are you? Get your ass over here and get this guy off my ……”

Before he could get the words out, a series of laser blasts ripped past IC1 and tore into the P-21 Vandal fighter blowing it to bits.

IC3, GCV Shogun

“Road Runner, we’ve only got 2 missiles left, there ain’t much left of the fighters, let’s head after one of those Stormcarriers!!!”

“Ronin, this is Blue Group leader, permission to use the last missiles against that damaged Stormcarrier?”

after a few seconds, “...Permission granted, Blue Group”

“Shogun and Ranger, how many missiles do you have?”

The pilot of IC2, Shogun, responded “We’ve got 3 left.”

“I’ll take the one on the left, you take the one on the right, launch 1 at a time so we make em count”

The 2 Stormcarriers had made a tactical error and not split up at the beginning of the battle, they remaind close together, and that would spell their downfall.

The missiles flew from the Interceptors, and found their marks, as one exploded the other was caught in it’s blast as it tried to maneuver away. This completely crippled the Stormcarrier, and it began approaching the GCV Shogun. Through the celebration of this victory, as the last of the Constellation Class Battlecruisers exploded, it sent bits of debris coursing through IC4’s wing structure and through the cockpit area. The IC’s systems sealed off the leak but the damage was done to Merlin, his leg and chest were full of debris.

“Merlin’s hit, Merlin’s hit, I need to land immediately”

GCV Shogun

“Sir, that crippled Stormcarrier is headed for us”

“Change your course heading 95, mark 3, full power”

The GCV Shogun began it’s accelerated turn, but as the stern of the ship swung around the crippled Stormcarrier exploded, sending shrapnel slamming into the depleted shields and superstructure. The GCV Shogun rocked from the impact and the small series of explosions could be felt throughout the ship.

“Damage report!!!” Ristar commanded

“Sir, Tractor beam control is damaged, mine pods are damaged, shield generator is damaged, and …” Lt.Cmdr. Hull looked at Ristar with empathetic emotion “ launch bay’s 1 is heavily damaged, and launch bay 2 has minor damage, we can’t launch or receive craft from 1 sir, and we can’t receive craft in 2 sir, only launch a few ships for medical evac for emergencies only sir.”

“What is the status of personnel on the flight bay’s?"

Ristar immediately thought of his wife in Bay 1, and their life together flashed before him. He felt guilty for not being as concerned for everyone else, he was, but Heather meant the world to him, even more than his command.

“Sir, Lt.Ristar is alive but badly injured, she has slipped into a coma.”

“Sir, IC 4 is requesting immediate landing permission, his co-pilot is injured”

“Tell all the IC’s that we can’t land any vessels as the bays are damaged, they are to land at Gazer 1 for repairs and medical treatment”

“Aye, Sir”

“Get all the wounded you can to Medical, if we run out of room, get the serious cases to Gazer 1!!”

“Sir, do you want to send Lt.Ristar there or keep her here?”

Ristar knowing that his medical officer, Lt. Morhei Kosugi, was one of the best in GALCOM, would take perfect care of her, but he didn’t want her on board in case the ship didn’t make it, he never wanted her on this ship for that specific reason, but she had insisted on serving in the ISS and she had no other place to serve, so this was it.

“Send all wounded to Gazer 1, let them know we don’t have the facilities for the seriously injured, and we are keeping minor casualties here”

“Aye, Sir”

“What is the status of Gazer 1, any damage?”

“No, Sir, it fought off the Constellation Class BC’s, with it’s fighter groups and it’s stations PTA”

{/rp}

I know it's not spectacular, my piolting role play is not that great, but my next post will be a little later, and I'll start making my way to Rinaal, even though I'm crippled, we will have come into Gazer 1 for the majority of the repairs, and then head to Rinaal to use the prototype device on the probe

------------------

GCV Shogun, ISS02

-Commander’s Shield

[This message has been edited by Cmdr Ristar (edited 03-22-2000).]

[rp]

1500, March 15, 3008

Octura-6, Omega Centauri

Evacuation klaxons were finally silence on one of the disabled warships in system. Which pleased the shipÔÇÖs commander and crew to no end and what was left of crew finally stood down from emergency stations. The warshipÔÇÖs status was once again perilous and NMC (non-mission capable). Basic ship functions had been restored to minimum operational levels but that was about it. Nuclear reactor had to be shut down before it went critical. Solar reactor was down 50% from optimum. More systems could be brought on-line once the power situation of the warship was rectified. For some reason, the chief engineer of the warship insisted on obtaining a supply of bubble-gum from somewhere which he said if he had that the warship would be up and running no time. Only one shuttle could be pieced together and placed on flight status out of all the warshipÔÇÖs support craft. Needless to say that this warship is a mess.

Fatigue ran rampant amongst the crew. Mistakes were becoming more common place and were causing more damage than the battle had to the disabled warship. The commander ordered 100% stand-down for all members of the crew. Several Marines were stationed at key locations throughout the ship and ordered to rest-in-place in full battle gear, just in case Murphy appeared once again. Mother was set to stand-by and would only warn the crew if the warship were targeted by any space vessels or boarded.

With as many precautions taken as he could, the commander left his chair and headed for his quarters. Trailing not far behind him, the Gunney ensured that the commander made to his quarters without mishap or getting disorientated along the way.

1415, March 15, 3008

LV-103, Alpha Cygni

LV-104, Alpha Cygni

LV-105, Alpha Cygni

Without warning the Warriors of the Gammulan Empire simultaneously raided resistance locations through out the Falkyrie worlds. They rounded up most of the known and all suspected members of the Falkyrie resistance. Several but not all of the Terran advisors were killed during these raids. Many Falkyrie resistance fighters lost their lives to save the few surviving Terran advisors from the Warriors. Gammulan atrocities against the Falkyries increased as the contained bloodlust of Warriors was released. One Terran advisor managed to transmit a short message before she too was killed and mutilated by the battle-crazed Warriors.

1415, March 15, 3008

Jupiter, Sol

Near the Pluto/Jupiter Jump Point

The four warships split up into to pairs, one Ter/Merc Stormcarrier and one Zel/Assassin Galactan Class BC in each, and began to patrol the Jupiter system. They had received word that the target had not been terminated and that the bounty still held, though increased 25%. Their instructions remained the same ÔÇô Intercept the target and terminate with extreme prejudice; no survivors.

1429, March 15, 3008

Undetermined Location, Sol

Information had filtered to Hari from his handler that the first attempt had failed but the operation was still valid. Preliminary initiation of fall-back plan Z-3 and R-604 immediately. Hari acknowledged the change to his handler and commenced to go to work.

Same time frame but elsewhere in the Sol System

Unbeknownst to Hari or his handler, someone else noticed their conversation and put into action another set of events that could determine and undermine events in the Sol system for all time. The someone made note of the data and accessed other areas Hari was privy to. The smile on the face of the someone was like a that of a child in a candy factory of old, as new data was transmitted and randomly routed to two recipients. One was a Raven and the other had Mirrored Glasses.

1438, March 15, 3008

Hadar-9, Cyrian

Tyrus-2, Krynon

The battle was short and sweet. The defending Wraith and Mandorian forces fought a delaying battle as the bulk of their warships escaped through the jump point to Tyrus-2. Once again the two outnumbered and outgunned defenders replayed delaying tactics that sapped at the strength of the advancing Gammulan fleet. The combined strength of the Wraith and Mandorian warships had diminished to half of what it was at Hadar-9 but the Gams were taking a licking too. Forty Gammulan warships were lost before the last fleeing Wraith and Mandorian vessel departed Tyrus-2 for their next line in the sand in the Kandorian Homesystem of Lydan.

1415, March 15, 3008

Special Session Kandorian Military Headquarters

Lydan, Krynon

The Gammulan threat was real just as the Terran Wraiths had foretold. Already several Kandorian worlds had been attack by Gammulan Forces. This infuriated the heads of Kandorian Military and Government. With not dissenting voice all agreed that the Gammulan attack constituted and act of war. The Kandorian had declared war on the Gammulan Empire and would not rest until the Gammulan presence had been erased from Kandorian territory and the Credian Quadrant. Already the Gammulan Warships that had attack the planetary surface of Lydan were being engaged by both Wraith and Kandorian Warships. More Wraith and some Mandorian warships were entering the system via the Tyrus-2 and Kyrus jump points now. The news brought by those coming from Tyrus-2 was grim but not unexpected ÔÇô The Gammulans were coming.

1508, March 15, 3008

Near the wreckage that once was Wraith-HQ

Rinaal, Cyrian

A Jenstar transport entered the Rinaal system via the Pravis jump point. A specially equipped shuttle craft was launched from the bowels of the transport. Once clear of its mothership the shuttle laid in a course towards the twisted bulk of wreckage that had once been Wraith-HQ space station and activated its hyper-drive engines.

Upon reaching its destination and exiting hyper-space near the wreckage, sensors and special survey equipment were activated in the cargo bay of the shuttle. Technicians and engineers began to analyze the data and compared it to data they had brought with them. Smiling the ecstatic technicians and engineers signaled the shuttle pilot that their mission was complete and that they could return the waiting transport mothership.

The Jenstar transport exited the Rinaal system, after the shuttle docked with it, the way it had came. The mission was a success and there were several people up the food chain that would be pleased with the data that mission obtained in Rinaal. Today was a good day for the cause and marked another yet sign that the status-quo was rotting and weakening from within the oppressors.

[/rp]

Ye still have time Ben biggrin.gif

Made correction to the year from 3000 to 3008.

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 03-24-2000).]

[RP]

1415, March 15, 3008

Rinaal, Cyrian

GCV Swiftsure

The remaining Battlecruisers all sat in the dim red light of General Quarters, as the crews battled another Gammulan attack. Apparently, the Gammulans had decided to investigate why their ships had disappeared once again. For those unfortunates, the price they paid was their lives. And for Wraith, it was one less ship they would have to deal with later.

Aboard the Swiftsure, Somerset was pleased with their progress. The raids they had made against Gammulan transports had given them desperately needed weapons and cloaking fuel. So far, it had all been put to good use, against those that they took it from.

"Commander, enemy vessel 22 had been destroyed," Kamarov reported as the weapons fell silent once again.

An alert went off at Ishikawa's console, prompting him to say "Activity at the jumpgate, sir. New enemy vessel, bearing 005, mark 357. Designated Gamma 23."

Somerset activated his all ships channel, ordering "All ships, fire at will. I repeat, fire at will."

Shortly, a SOS beacon sounded in Somerset's headset as the Gammulan Warship was disabled. In the viewscreen, a single missile collided with the hull, and an explosion ripped along the ship as it blew into pieces.

The other ship was still smoldering when Ishikawa reported, "Sir, new enemy ship, bearing 005, mark 357. Gamma 24."

Somerset was about to give his standard order, when Soran said, "Commander, activity at the Pravis jumpgate! Bearing 249, mark 184. Four transits, and increasing."

This changed the situation, quite drastically. Somerset acted quickly. "All ships, concentrate fire on the enemy vessel bearing 005, mark 357. Once it's destroyed, engage cloaks, and head for the Pravis jumpgate."

"I do not believe that is wise, Commander," Soran said. "We would, as you humans say, 'Only be going deeper into the lion's den'."

"Don't remind me, Number One. Besides, it's our only chance. Would you care to run into around 500 Gammulan ships in Hadar?"

"No." was the reply.

"Course plotted for Pravis, Commander." Ishikawa said.

"Enemy vessel destroyed!" Kamarov shouted.

Soran turned to face Somerset as he reported, "Thirty-two enemy vessels, bearing right down on us, Commander. We will not be able to jump before they arrive. More enemy ships are still jumping in."

"Then we'll do this the easy way." Somerset reopened his all ships channel. "All ships, prepare to fall back. First Squadron, stay with me. Second and Third are to engage cloak, and act like you're running for Pravis. Turn around, and we'll catch them from behind. Two can play at that game." McAllister, bring us about, 281, mark 310. Prepare to fire all weapons once the enemy is in range."

1445, March 15, 3008

Rinaal, Cyrian

Somerset had seen the destruction of 16 more Gammulan ships. So far, he had lost none, but that could change soon. Unless he changed the rules. "Kamarov, get ready to deploy all our mines. Ishikawa, ready escape course to Pravis."

"Aye, sir," they both quickly replied.

After the orders were given, Somerset's rag-tag force took the fight to the enemy. Ships twisted and turned around one another, with the Wraith ships dropping mines one after another behind or beside passing Gammulan vessels. Caught by their own proximity, 3 more Gammulan ships fell to the mines, and disabled 4 more. With their forces disoriented, Somerset made his move.

"All ships, engage cloaks, and fall back to Pravis. Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get the hell out of here!"

As she faded from sight, the Swiftsure shot toward Pravis, and eventual safety. Once they arrived, all ships checked in, and Somerset perused the computer displays, and came up with a plan.

"Mr. Ishikawa, plot a course to Capella. We'll use F08 to get out of here."

"Commander, may I remind you that fluxfields are highly unstable, and that we may find ourselves in a black hole, or a supernova." Soran said warningly.

"If you have a better idea, I'd like to hear it, Number One," Somerset said waiting a few moments. "I didn't think so. Carry out my orders, and Melanie, send them to all the other ships as well."

"Course ready, sir." Ishikawa reported.

"All ships acknowledge."

"Let's get under way. McAllister, engage." Somerset ordered.

1514, March 15, 3008

Chanis-I, Xyon

The Swiftsure was the last ship to make the dangerous jump into Chanis-I from the fluxfield. Amazingly, no ships were missing when Somerset made them check in. They had gone from partway through enemy territory to 2 jumps from the next battlefield of Lydon. Somerset had the feeling they would be welcome backup to what must be a seriously depleted Wraith Fleet.

"Order all ships to proceed to Lydon, maximum speed. Stand down from Condition Red, and secure from General Quarters, for now. Get me damage and casualty reports for all ships, immediately. This war isn't over yet." Somerset said.

The officers carried out their orders, and for the umpteenth time in these last 2 days, the Swiftsure headed off into battle.

And deep in the back of it's Commander's mind, Somerset wondered to himself, Just what was Gallion going to do...and is he still alive...?

[/RP]

Another tough situation dealt with. wink.gif Hope ye be all right, Gallion. Maybe catch ye on ICQ sometime, now that ye be back in the States.

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

Hmm, yes I'll have to agree with Ron, there. Half an hour passes, sixteen Gammulan ships destroyed and none of your ships destroyed or seriously damaged in almost a straight firefight. A little unrealistic. Not that I don't want you to get out of there, Ben, but you could have cloaked and run quite a bit earlier. It's not as if you had just used your hyperspace engines or anything. I don't want to nitpick, just want to keep as much believability as we can.

------------------

Cmdr. Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda, ISS07

Adjutant to the Fleet Commander

ISS Fleet Recruiting Officer

Director, CIOPS Directorate of Training and Administration

CO of Starpoint Starbase, Titan

Initiate - Order of Jade Dragon

http://www.watson-jones.swinternet.co.uk/Svoboda

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

What can I say, Lady Luck had to travel with somebody. Sure wasn't with the rest of Wraith Fleet. wink.gif Besides, it makes for an interesting "tall tale" for others to hear. The reality of it is so unbelieveable, that no one will believe it's the truth. In actuality, I thought Somerset had lost enough ships already. He was in command at Rinaal, and 32 ships have already fallen under his care. It was just time for a little payback, from a most angry Commander. Gallion can't quite be the only one to make the impossible, possible sometimes. Other times Murphy intervenes. But not today. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

Wouldn't show my last post to merely edit, so I had to make a new one. This was just to say that in my last RP post, Somerset asked for damage and casualty reports for a reason. They may not have been destroyed, but that doesn't mean no ship was undamaged. That will be dealt with, next post.

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

Sorry, missed that, but I meant that none of them were damaged seriously enough to make your escape any more difficult. I take back my complaint and look forward to the next installment smile.gif

Time for spot the difference in my sig again smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda, ISS07

Adjutant to the Fleet Commander

ISS Fleet Recruiting Officer

Director, CIOPS Directorate of Training and Administration

Commandant, ISS Fleet Academy

Initiate - Order of Jade Dragon

http://www.watson-jones.swinternet.co.uk/Svoboda

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

There will be no USE or reference to any Artifact or Artifacts in this Thread! Period! End of discussion!

Robert De Bruce I asked the Moderator(s) to delete the two posts you made that referenced the Trans Matrix Cloaking Device (TMCD) for several reasons:

First - There is no way in heck I would allow an EarthCOM player or any other player at that to have the TMCD and not the crazy Corsair.

Second - Use of artifacts in RP have to get approval from the SC and all players concerned. I have not, and will not introduce any artifact(s) in this RP campaign.

Third - Cloaking devices have the same characteristics as those in the Game. After 10 minutes of use, Radiation leaks begin to play havoc within the BC and start contaminating the ship. Better fuel efficientcy I can live with but that is all. Fire weapons while cloaked and the cloaking field will be disrupted.

And Last - Remove artifact reference Robert De Bruce and keep cloaking techiniques within the scope of the game and ye be more than welcome to enter the motley.

END Post Deletion explination.

I gave Ben way to much leeway in his escape, The error is mine frown.gif I will bear that in mind for the future and will not make the same error again biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 03-24-2000).]

Gallion: As you said: Ye reap what ye sow. wink.gif You gave me a difficult situation, and I made the best of it. I just need to keep myself out of such situations again.

On with the motley...

[RP]

1520, March 15, 3008

Chanis-I, Xyon

GCV Swiftsure

With all the reports in, things looked worse than they did during a rather daring escape. Then, Somerset didn't know how badly damaged some of his ships were, and how many were dead. Now he did. It prompted him to instead hide in a debris field, and let his ships lick their wounds.

The damage was extensive. Four of his ships were not combat capable, and wouldn't be for at least 1.1 hours. One of the other ships blew out their jump engines making the fluxfield transit from Capella, and would have to be towed. But she wasn't the worst. From the viewscreen the Josten looked much like swiss cheese. Once a powerful warship, she now looked beaten and broken, with jagged rips running up and down her hull. Gammulan weapons had torn 6 hull breaches into her, and crippled her structural integrity. Unless it was repaired, she wouldn't survive another jump.

Somerset opened a channel to the Josten and gave her weary, towntrodden Commander his orders. "Commander, prepare to evacuate your vessel. She's not jump capable, and a few good shots would rip her to shreds. We're a sitting duck out here, and I'm not going to sacrifice the Wing for one ship."

"But, sir... If I had a little longer, I know we could make her jump capable!"

"I'm afraid I can't do that. Prepare for evacuation. We can't hide in a debris field without detection forever. Get on with it. Somerset, out." He felt sorry for the man, because he knew what it was like to lose a ship. But this was about the lives of those under his command. Of which enough had been lost already these last two days.

Somerset looked up at his First Officer and ordered, "Number One, launch 3 SR probes. Have all ships do the same. If any Gammulans decide to pay us a visit via the fluxfield, I want to know about it. Ishikawa, monitor the jumpgate sensors for any activity. McAllister, bring us within transporter range of the Josten. Have the transporters ready to bring them aboard. And be smart about it. Enough things have gone wrong already, and I don't want any Gammulan ships showing up while we're transferring people. Send some Flight Engineer's to Cargo Bay 1, and have them free up some space for the Josten's personnel until we can transfer them to another ship."

"Commander, are we to leave the ship intact?" Soran asked.

"No. Have him ready the auto-destruct sequence for 5 minutes. Any longer, and the Gammulans may be able to hack in and stop it. If he has any protests, tell him the orders are direct from me."

A few minutes later, a face appeared on the viewscreen, for Somerset. It was the Commander of the Josten.

"Commander, I won't give up my ship that easily!"

"I'm sorry, Commander. There's nothing more I can do. Prepare to abandon your vessel. Somerset, out."

"We are ready to begin evacuation, Commander," Kamarov reported.

"Make it so." Somerset said.

He raised his datapad to look at the casualty reports. They weren't any better. All the ships were running personnel heavy due to the evacuation of the Starstation. Between 180 to 210 apiece, meaning 2634 under his command. This time, 197 were casualties. Out of those, 53 were dead, and 144 were wounded. Somerset only wished he had done better. Too many had already died the last two days, and it was only going to get worse. The Battle of Lydan was coming, and soon.

Somerset would be there...somehow.

[/RP]

Hope this doesn't get me into even more trouble.

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

[This message has been edited by Ben Somerset (edited 03-24-2000).]

[rp]

1500, March 15, 3008

Lydan, Kydon

The Gammulan Fleet swept through Tyrus-2 like a hot knife thru butter, hot on the tail of the fleeing Wraith and Mandorian Warships. The Gammulans deployed a new tactic and weapon instead of swarming into the Lydan system. A slew full of specially modified SR probes were launch from the Gammulan fleet from Tyrus-2 to the Lydan jump point. The Gammulans attached a specially modified OTS device to these modified SR probes. One thru the jump point the probes would start a preprogrammed course near the jump point and then detonate. Clearing the jump point of defending warships by the blast of the OTS detonation. Some of the warships near the jump point were destroyed by the blast, others were caught in the shockwave of the blast and were careening away from their ambush positions near the jump point, and some were momentarily disable by the massive EMP burst from the detonation of so many OTS devices within a close proximity.

Then came the Gammulan Fleet thru the jump point. They kept coming and coming. First by ones, then by tens, soon there were hundreds. Once thru the gate they formed up and went after the disable Wraith Warships. They showed no mercy as each was destroyed. The Warships careening thru space they ignoredfor the time being.

A wing of over sixty warships split off from the main body and headed for the Chanis-2 jump point. Gammulan sources had it that the Wraiths that escaped Rinaal were holed up either in Chanis-2 or Chanis-1. The Gammulan Fleet leaders wanted those ships destroyed. They had to for their very heads depended on whether or not those Wraith warships were destroyed in either Chanis-2 or Chanis-1. The OTS equipped SR probes were launched thru the Chanis-2 jump point after the sixty warships exited hyper-space. Once they detonated the warships exited the Lydan system and into Chanis-2 and began their head hunt. For at the end of the hunt heads would roll, either Gammulan or Terran.

[/rp]

If it wasnÔÇÖt you Ben then it would be someone else wink.gif

DonÔÇÖt push the timestamp past 1800, 15 March 3008.

Ristar ÔÇô In case you donÔÇÖt know it you are the target of at least one organization, with orders to terminate with extreme predjudice. There could be more but I will not tell. Make the time advancement of your posts in short increments and allow a day (24 hours) for a response. If there is none then it can be safe to assume that it is safe to proceed. There will be attempts made. Some Overt some Covert. Ye will sow what is posted (as Ben nailed me on earlier).

There is another target within the ISS circles. What the target is or who/whom is behind it is unknown ATT. Details to unravel at later post.

Back wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 03-29-2000).]

quote:

There is another target within the ISS circles. What the target is or who/whom is behind it is unknown ATT. Details to unravel at later post.

Uh oh, that doesn't sound good smile.gif

I will post about Tringad getting to LV-103 tomorrow, probably. I'd do it now but I'm tired and my brain ain't working at %100 smile.gif

------------------

Commander Alun Tringad

GCV Black Falcon ISS03

Vice Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet

Tactical Support Wing Commander - ISS Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council - Order of Jade Dragon

Director of Strategic Operations - Order of Jade Dragon

- Award for Gallantry

"Honor and courage, above all else"

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Black Falcon Homepage

Staff Member at RPGClassics.com