Timeline - 3000AD to 3015AD

This started off in another thread. At any rate, there has been much speculation as to

1. how the Insurgents managed to build no less than 4 new stations during the span of 15 years

2. with the main question being how the heck did Destiny get built around Uranus, 1 jump from Earth.

3. As if that wasn't enough, considering the Syrion's low threshold for aggression, they mush have given the Insurgents permission to build Alpha Prime in Tarean

4. And how did Wraith station at Rinaal, fall?

5. Could the ever-growing Insurgent threat be the reason for GALCOM taking over the trading outpost, Velari, and converting it to a military station - as well as building a new station in Centris and relocating Orion there?

I have a storyboard on this already - but, I'd like to be fair and give you guys, who built this community, a chance to shape the history of the game. Whatever the outcome, it will added to the history section of the BCM manual. Whatever you, please be logical.

Ensigns, don't post unless you have an extensive idea of how the game history works and how the various entities affect the storyline.

Here are some choice quotes from the other thread where this started.

quote:

And the reason I removed one of the stations was because I didn't want the Insurgents to be as powerful as GALCOM. However, since BCM starts off in 3015AD (the next title in the series, is of course, BC:3020AD), I figured, why not. GALCOM+EARTHCOM must have goofed somewhere - not unheard of. Anyway, I've been taking notes because I have to write in the timeline extension to explain:

where the hell the Insurgents got the funding from

where they got the technology for New America from

how they got the Syrions to let them actually build a station in Tarean

and where the hell was GALCOM when they were building Destiny - right in our backyard.

quote:

I tend to agree with GREGS assesmnent. Putting Destiny in the midst of all the GalCOm stations in the area seems a little far fetched. GalCom would have really had to mess up on it's intel to allow that to happen.

quote:

OK, thank you Derek for restoring Destiny. I owe You big time for that one! Now on to the how's and why's. why not give Destiny cloaking technology. Insurgents are resourceful, and we are natural born thieves when it comes to survival. Have to be. Could have stolen the cloaking technology from the gammulans. Did it already in an RP thread. Just a thought!

quote:

As far as where the Insurgents got all the money for funding.. well Galcom could have had a few commanders working secretly for the insurgents, funneling supplies and money to the enemy, before finally getting caught. Just where do you think all those $800 hammers went anyway

quote:

Errrr. Uhmmmm. Excuse me. {raises hand } But this is exactly why I wanted to be Storekeep. I knew the Insurgency would rely on trading for funding while Galcom had the UFN and taxes. RP only of course. This part of the Insurgency has been in place since the beginning (oops since Rattlers new beginning). It is not a far stretch to imagine that in 15 years (3000ad for 2.09 till 3015 for BCM) we could have raised those funds ourselves. I'm not above a few friends left in Galcom. The manual says so. Well pretty much. "Support for the Insurgents grew". So funding came from our own efforts and some from within Galcom perhaps. It's there if Derek wants to use it.

Galcom cooperated with the Syrions and Droidans for the Atrian-Alloy hulls. Negotiations could have continued and allowed us the technology to build New Amerca. Again the support thing.

So far as how we got into Syrion space I have no idea. A gratitude for a service perhaps?

Where was Galcom? beats me

quote:

This is going kind of off topic, but it cries for some answer/question: how can Mars declare independence with Starpath in orbit, hosting two of the five Wings of Prime? Think of it, roughly 160 fully equipped ships (I assume 400 ships within Prime Fleet) use Starpath as home base, and thus have easy access to the planet itself...

Now back to topic: Derek, if you really implemented Destiny as a cloaked station (like Gammula), we all await (in the RP forum, at least) the day when its cloaking device faults, of that of an arriving Insurgency squadron. I bet there are GALCOM/Earthcom probes all over the place within the Sol System!

Here is my revised storyboard, based on the events surrounding my allocation of new assets to the Insurgents.

Issues such as the Orion and Wraith move, were worked in there, just recently, in order to make the premise more plausible. I also had to work in the formation of CIOPS. Had I not given Tac the OK to relocate and had the Insurgents not cried foul when I removed Destiny a few days ago and had Ristar not caused a commotion over losing SCID, I would not have had reason to address these three issues in the timeline. Things don't just happen in the BC world, which is why I am always hestitant to make radical changes.

That said, these are written in stone to the extent that, as always, I am open to reasonable suggestions. As most of you know me by now, if its not reasonable, I'll just ignore it.

Designing a world as complex as the BC3K one, takes years and I don't particularly want to ruin the integrity of my storyline and premise, with wanton acts of illogic.

So, here it is. I have not yet finalized the actual dates yet, so I have not included them. However, remember that BCM starts in 3015AD, fifteen years after BC3K.

btw, these are in no particular order. I just culled them from my notes.

1. GALCOM lost Wraith during the 2nd Gammulan War. After the Fleet Commander of Wraith had blown up the station and withdrew to Sol space and the Gammulans retreated into their borders, a few months later, the insurgency scavenged the Wraith and re-built it into an operational station named it New Frontier.

2. As if that wasn't enough, when news of a construction of a station in Uranus broke, nobody associated it with the Insurgents. For several years, the station was constructed as a trading outpost by a new corporation startup, based on Earth. With no apparent ties to the Insurgents, the UFN, wanting badly to have a trading outpost in Sol, sanctioned the construction of the station. Until a week after the construction was completed and the station opened for business, that the jump gate into Uranus, was mined and the entire region littered with Insurgent fleets. The corporation disappeared overnight and it was believed that it was a dummy setup in order to not raise suspicion during the construction of the station. A major coup for the Insurgents and testament to their ever growing threat.

3. The SCID, whose job it was to distabilize as well as second guess the Insurgents, were obviously sleeping on the job and never saw that the Insurgents were actually scavanging the Wraith station or constructing Destiny.

As a result, pretty much every high ranking official in SCID, was fired or re-assigned, taking along, several EarthCom officials with them. This provided an opportunity for GALCOM to stress the need to have Earthcom forces, resigned to Earth, rather than constantly stepping on the toes of GALCOM in the contested galaxy. Of course, as much as the UFN would have liked to not take blame for these instances, they had no choice but to rethink their strategy. GALCOM then decided to form CIOPS as their own counter-intelligence unit. No longer required to work with the SCID (it is at their discretion to request SCID assistance, rather than be stuck with working with them on orders from the UFN), GALCOM's credibility lies in the performance of CIOPS in order to ensure that acts such as the Fall of Wraith, (as it was known) and the building of hostile station in Earth space, did not occur.

I mean, how do you maintain the cover-up of something as expansive as the building of a station, under wraps for the entire 18 months it takes to build it? Sure, neither the UFN, nor any entity for that matter, has any claims to any region of space, due to the on-going if you can defend it, you can keep it rule, but how could this possibly happen?

The UFN now had an even larger threat, much closer to home and no matter how you look at it, the capture or destruction of Destiny, is a foregone conclusion.

Finally, you have to wonder what Insurgent One is thinking, putting a station in Uranus, 1 jump from Earth, knowing fully well that the UFN would definitely give its destruction or capture, a high priority. Its not like he can amass a fleet there, knowing fully well that (a) they had 3 jump gates to defend and (B) any Insurgent craft going into or out of Uranus, had to fight its way through Neptune, Pluto and/or Jupiter, in order to leave Sol. Unless of course, they knew something the UFN didn't. There is only a single known HSD artifact and that was already in the hands of the UFN. Apart from that, if the Insurgents had access to a similar technology (thats CIOPS job to find out) since it only operates on a single craft, not a fleet, they would most certainly have fitted it on all their primary vessels - which would have prevented the destruction and ambush of an entire entire Insurgent fleet (it is reported that none got away), in Pluto, several months ago.

4. The UFN relocated Orion to Centris, in order to counter the new Insurgent threat in Midae.

5. The UFN rebuilt a new Wraith station in Lyrius as a last line of defense into Sol. Since they couldn't tackle the Insurgent+Gammulan threat, the test is to see how they hold up against the Insurgents, one on one, this time, without having to deal with the Gammulans as well.

6. ISS beefed up its prosecution of Insurgent assets in Uranus, from their base in Saturn - without much success. They can't even get into Uranus most of the time, due to mines, deployed around the jump gates. Every probe sent in there, gets destroyed within 2 mins of transmission.

7. In an Act Of Council, the UFN converts the Velari trading station to a Military installation. That protest is still going on.

The UFN have made several promises to build a new trading outpost in the region or elsewhere in Sol, but so far, have not lived up to its promises, citing economic and strategic issues - and as always, using the ever growing Insurgent threat as an excuse.

8. Then came word of a top secret Insurgent installation in the new Insurgent station, New America. Deep within an asteroid and heavily defended in the Midae region, hardly anyone outside the Insurgent rank and file, have seen it, let alone step foot on it. Word has it that, deep within the asteroid, is a research base of ops.

9. This in itself poses more questions as to why the Syrions even allowed the Insurgents to build a station, Alpha Prime, in Tarean. So far, all reports indicate that it is a trading outpost and this is confirmed by the Syrions. However, due to its classification as an Insurgent facility, as far as the UFN is concerned, it is a military base. So, in keeping with the tradition of pointing the finger, the UFN and the Syrion delegates are still debating the merits of this one. The Insurgents, of course, are attributing the presence of military ships in the region, to their need for defense. Oh well.

10. CIOPS, recruiting commanders from the combined GALCOM forces are engaged in deep, deep cover, covert ops in all occupied Insurgent territories as well as Gammulan territories. Also, their assistance in the liberation of the Falkeries from Gammulan rule, continues - unsuccessfully.

11. Now the SCID has to deal with destabilizing events at home, in relation to Insurgent infiltration of the rank and file, as well as assisting police forces in the infiltration and apprehension of raiders and other such threats to trading and diplomatic assets.

There you have it. Quite a mess huh?

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 03-23-2000).]

I figure I can use my creative juices to make my mark in GALCOM history.

This post is going to deal with Point 3 from the SC's first post here:

3. As if that wasn't enough, considering the Syrion's low threshold for aggression, they must have given the Insurgents permission to build Alpha Prime in Tarean.

How about the reason for the permission to the Insurgents was that the Syrions gave permission because the Insurgents made a case to them about their oppression and they wanted to leave this oppression of GALCOM. The Insurgents (with Rattler as their gifted leader {g}) convinced them that they could help the Syrions with research, since they are a technological race and they mainly do research. The Syrions recognize that any military commanders leaving GALCOM, which is of a higher technological status than the Syrions, can be of some use to them. The Insurgents told them that the brightest (you don't know how hard it is to write this {g}) and smartest had left GALCOM and could help with any research matters, in exchange for the facilities to build space stations in Tarean. This would mean that no one in GALCOM would know that the Insurgents were building anything. The Insurgents allow the Syrions to board their stations at any time for research matters. Since the Syrions tend to gain from their diplomatic ties to the Insurgency they will cover up all traces of the construction. Since the Syrion closed society might come into question, the Syrions have certain elements of their society exposed to the Insurgents, and this exposure is limited and scarce, usually done by communications or through visual bridge communications. No visits to Insurgent stations has ever been detected by CIOPS, SCID, or ISS.

Now dealing with CIOPS and it's role. CIOPS will have jurisdiction over all systems outside Earth space. It is illegal for CIOPS to conduct any activity inside Earth space as that is EarthCOM and SCID's realm. CIOPS is a detached wing from ISS, in that they are a part of ISS, but the commander of the wing has more lenient power to do his own mission planning, etc apart from ISS, since his agents might be working undercover alot, etc. CIOPS is divided into 3 Directorates: Directorate of Operations carries out all covert ops missions planned by the Intelligence Directorate, the Directorate of Intelligence carries out all counter-intelligence and counter-insurgency planning efforts and analyzes all intelligence information gathered from Operations Directorate agents, and finally the Directorate of Training and Administration carries out all initial training of CIOPS agents and prepares them for their assignments in either of the other 2 Directorates and handles all admin for the entire Wing.

How is that? I know the CIOPS description wasn't part of the timeline, but I thought since it was being discussed, that if someone had an idea on their place in the timeline, then they would have a working knowledge of the ISS's Counter-Intelligence Wing

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Jeehun Ristar

GCV Shogun, ISS02

Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet/CIOPS

Shogun of the Dragon Council – Order of the Jade Dragon

-Commander’s Shield

ISS / CIOPS Fleet Home Page

[This message has been edited by Cmdr Ristar (edited 03-22-2000).]

What happened to my post?

..I deleted it because (a) you posted while I was composing mine (B) it was not in line with what this thread is about.

biggrin.gif (the fact that I'm responding within your post, should tell you that this is a serious thread and I don't want it polluted).

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 03-22-2000).]

I'm thinking I'm gonna get into trouble by saying this, but I'm crying foul. I do not believe my post was in any way NOT in line with what was stated in thread opener. I believed my post to be a reasonal description of possible explanations to the five outlined points. Fair enough if it was removed because you decided to post some relevant history and it got in the way, but removing it and saying it was out of line and polluting the board? I think thats a bit harsh.

Anyway, I'm off to the airlock.

[This message has been edited by Blades (edited 03-22-2000).]

Guest Ron Wallin

1. To put simply what Gallion stated (and I agree with), The Wraiths were away and the Insurgents did play! i.e., the Wraiths were tied up with Gammulans. Insurgents took the opportunity and removed a GALCOM asset. I think it's necessary to specifiy that the Insurgents destroyed the asset after taking whay they needed... otherwise, we would have kept it adding another base to our list...

2. The Destiny question is simply answered. Chavik (money and supplies, etc.) came to Akira (all things clandestine) with a need for a station closer to home. Our friends on the inside were having an ever harder time making donations. A dummy corporation and a trading post was necessary to provide a sort of money laundry in the Sol system.

The job was, for the most part completed, when a new Insurgent recruit (still working for GALCOM) accidentally leaked the stations true purpose while boasting of his new position in order to woo one of the corporations females. The conversation was overheard by one of the contractors and passed on to EarthCOM. Our man in EarthCOM warned us.

Knowing that our front would now be classified as an Insurgent asset, Insurgent One deemed it necessary to protect the asset rather than give it up. Chavik loves mines and loves them even more when he places them around jump points...

quote:

which would have prevented the destruction and ambush of an entire entire Insurgent fleet (it is reported that none got away), in Pluto, several months ago

3. Yes, all that they could detect were destroyed. Unfortunately, and later realized by GALCOM, the destroyed ships carried entire holds full of POW's and those crewmembers that chose not to switch sides when their BC Cmdr. transferred assets to our cause...

In an attempt to save face after the Destiny debacle, SCID made a huge error: They destroyed an entier task force of Insurgent vessels running under a white flag. Had the entire SCID mass of ships not been present the other Insurgent assets in the area would have assisted. As it was though, the EarthCOMMIES were mearly shooting their own people.

SCID was successful, until now, in covering up the situation and using it to bolster their need in the SOL system...

4. 'bout time... EarthCOM couldn't have handled it!

5. Since we hosed their base and stole much of their assets, it's only fitting that Wraith redirect their targets at our backsides!

6. Hmm... ofcourse they wouldn't have success, we've been using the station continually for it's intended purpose. But then, you couldn't know that, could you?!?!?

7. I liked Velari... they paid well for GALCOM nukes.

8. OK, here I disagree with Ristar completely. The base is still secret, and GALCOM doesn't know about it. How?

Easy, we've got cooperation from the Syrions. Read your history folks, they are the most secretive (along with the Droidans) race in the Galaxy! But how did we get their cooperation?

The human principle of one "rising above his/her station" is infectious. A handful of Syrions in the middle learned greed! They wanted more than to hold their ordained position in the Syrion society. It was only dumb luck that Insurgents were the first to provide Syrions with the means to their ends.

The Insurgents have obtained more than just one of the mystical "devices". The technology exhanges were enough to propel these Syrions into positions they wanted, and were instrumental to providing safe haven for New America.

Be careful GALCOM... New America is proof that the Insurgents are far more than any of you every thought possible!

9. CIOPS... hehe...

10. We have people everywhere.

------------------

Akira

Spectre

ICV-Nevermore

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

The Syrions might be interested in supporting the Insurgents due to the fact that elements within GALCOM came very close to destroying the homeworld of their Allies, the Droidans (Preemptive Strike). An act like that might cause the Syrions to provide support for the Insurgents to keep the "Crazy Aggressive Terrans" divided and fighting amongst themselves, reducing the threat of a Terran invasion of Syrion space.

------------------

Commander S. Badgerius

GCV-Diligence

Prime Fleet

S36 Commander, Gamma Wing

The reason that GALCOM wouldn't know about it, is how much does GALCOM really know about the Syrions to begin with and that's from the BC manual about the descriptions of the races, it's a fairly closed society and most of GALCOM's efforts to find out about that society have been squashed.

In my post I was addressing the building of the station in secret, that was point number 3 on the very FIRST post in this thread, the SC, came back and was addressing other points in his subsequent post, and it seems Akira your idea for how they Syrions and Insurgents worked together, seems similiar to my train of thought on how the 2 of you started working together and why, you took it to a more detailed level of their reasoning, so why do you seem to want to disagree with me at every turn of the road?

I have some other ideas, but I am trying to do research on them to make sure they line up with the events laid, out, I'll post them later.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Jeehun Ristar

GCV Shogun, ISS02

Fleet Commander - ISS Fleet/CIOPS

Shogun of the Dragon Council – Order of the Jade Dragon

-Commander’s Shield

ISS / CIOPS Fleet Home Page

[This message has been edited by Cmdr Ristar (edited 03-22-2000).]

just some ideas... that tie in New America, the Syrions and Destiny's location.

New America was built as a joint venture between the Syrions and the Insurgents,

to develop wormhole technology. This would give the Syrions the ability

to travel and trade anywhere in the galaxy or (search for lost or stolen artifacts)and

would allow the Insurgents to create a wormhole between New America and Destiny, which would eliminate the need to pass through the other jump gates in the Sol region.

The Syrions would acquire the means to trade much more efficiently and the Insurgents

would gain the ability to attack Galcom on two fronts at the same time.

The Insurgents believed that a with a two pronged attack, one from New America/Destiny

and the other from Sygan, that they would finally be able to assemble enough resources and ships to re-take the earth.

Previous attempts by the Insurgents to re-take the earth (including their latest defeat

in the Pluto region) had failed, mainly because they were unable to mass a large enough fleet and keep it supplied long enough to complete the job.

However this new wormhole is unstable, and depends on power from the New America

Starstation to remain open. with out New America, the wormhole closes and the link is

severed.

Ok I know this is a bit far fetched.. and it doesn't need to be wormhole tech. could be a limited HSD effect that only works between NA and Destiny...

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

Spectre Fleet

Pre. comm. Cmdr. New America StarStation

ICV Gummy 1

Official tester of BC3K the series...

Long live the Insurgency!

ICQ # 215323

[This message has been edited by Andergum (edited 03-22-2000).]

I am going to respond, collectively.

1. NOTHING in your RP bears ANY relevance to my game history and/or premise. If you guys can't work around the relocation of Wraith or are not satisfied with my summary, blame Tac. Besides, I have no problems putting Wraith back where it was.

2. The Syrions are not susceptible to the human emotions such as greed, clandestine ops etc. So, my explanation of how they allowed the Insurgents to build a station there, still stands. Naturally, if the Insurgents use it for military purposes and the Syrions find out about it, that station will have a short life. Even in multi-player, with NPCs activated, the Syrions can and will destroy it.

3. Read your manuals before posting please and do not even think of changing the descriptions and/or premise of my alien nations of my world. That is not what this discussion is about. This discussion is about the plausibility of my extended timeline and how it fits with the premise going forward and of the new assets.

4. The Syrions are vastly more advanced that the Terrans, hence, they are more advanced than the Insurgents - who are Terrans, in case you hadn't noticed.

5. Gallion, your assumption as to why Wraith was deployed over there in the first place, is correct. Because Tac opted to move, I had no choice but to figure out why. And since you don't just up and move a station, given GALCOM's penchant for failure, my explanation seemed like a logical choice. Also, the Insurgent and Gammulan threat story is enough to xplain Wraith's failure to defend that station.

6. The notion that Wraith was lost to the Insurgents does not reduce the Gammulan threat. Has it occured to you that the Insurgents, as crafty as they are, just waited for the Gammulans to weaken the station assets, and then just moved in for the kill while the Gammulans were regrouping for a final assault? And don't forget, now the Insurgents have the Gammulans to deal with. If GALCOM wanted that station back badly, they'd go and get it - or at least kill a few commanders, trying, wouldn't they? So far, they haven't decided this yet.

7. I'd like to see a point-by-point brief explanation of GWII and I will consider working that RP timeline into this new one, if it is appropriate and in line with the new timeline premise. I have not read GWII, so I need a crash course without reading the whole thing and boring myself to tears.

The same applies to BCT-D, whatever that is.

8. Ron, I'm not sure I like your premise of the Insurgents leaving hapless POWs in ships, only to be destroyed. The Insurgents are not like that, nor are they ruthless commanders. So, I'd rather stick to the premise that the fleet was destroyed - whether they contained POWs or not, is irrelevant.

I like the SCID involvement though. However, one has to ask, what is an SCID fleet, powerful enough to take out an entire Insurgent fleet (out of the question btw), doing in Pluto? Nah, don't like it. And if that was an act of retribution, it would do little to sway the minds of UFN who have agreed to keep EarthCom/SCID, at home.

9. The SyrionsDroidans do not get involved in such matters and they don't support anything military related. In fact, in BCM, you won't see any of their ships outside their own galactic space, unless they are traders. I didn't suppress the creation of military assets in the BC3K v2.0x AG code, before, quite frankly, I forgot.

Therefore, there is no chance of them supporting the Insurgents in their fight against the UFN. I think that the Insurgents do have that station as a trading outpost, unless they are willing to risk its destruction. Sure, they could be carrying out military research there, but the Syrions won't know that as long as the station flourishes as a trading outpost - which it does.

The Insurgents are not stupid - you guys need to remember this. Never forget it.

Ok I'm going to take a step back and just look at the state of things as a whole and talk about them in the grand scheme of things in the BC universe. Now before I start this is just my opinion but I thought I voice it. smile.gif

Personally I have sort of lost sight of what GALCOM is really suppose to be doing. I thought that Galcom was an galactic alliance between alien races for mutual support and benefit but things aren't so with Galcom. The insurgency has really gained a lot of momentum here in the forum and because of that they have become a lot more powerful in game with a lot more in-game focus . I have no problem with that but because they have become such a force to reckon with and are popular among many commanders here, it seems the focus of the Galcom has changed from:

1. A military that battles the enemies of the alliance.

2. A force that defends the weaker alien nations in the galaxy

3. An entity that explores uncharted regions discovering new systems, races and artifacts.

(Whatever happened to that unknown all powerful alien race that was set to take center stage in the galaxy?)

Galcom is devoting more and more of it's resources into battling the righteous insurgents back at home with the afore mentioned points only as footnotes in the progression of it's history where as I thought those points would be the main points of it's history.

I know, the way things are is great for roleplay especially among it's commander but there is yet so much that GalCom could be doing besides heading into a civil war with the insugents. In my opinion I would much rather see GALCOM back into the far reaches of space and rediscover a lot of the things some of us may have forgot that's apart of the BC universe. Have the conflict between the Insurgents/UFN/EarthCom take backstage and have GALCOM and BC's rich diversity take center stage once more. I know a lot of commanders would not agree with me and I can understand why, they have poured their hearts and souls into the RP forum and roleplaying an human faction is by far the easiest to get into, so that's why we have become so intensely focused on what's happening only in Sol system.

I would hate to see BC with it's rich backdrop be forgotten, overlooked or a footnote with all things revolving around mostly what happens in human part of the galaxy. Then BC would just be a game based on another human conflict among the stars. BC has always distinguished itself from the crowd by not being part of the norm. So to that effect, commanders, let's not concentrate so much on what's happening in Sol and let's see what's going on with the galaxy around us....now that would the greatest adventure of them all. smile.gif

I fully expect to get some negative feedback from this post but this is what's on my mind and heart to say. Some of you may agree and many of you may not but these are just my feelings on the state of things. And of course Derek know things I am totally unaware of, for he ultimately determines, what direction the game and it's history takes.

So that is my so called rant for the "year" so let the good and the bad responses commence or I might just be totally ignored. smile.gif I hope at the very least I've rekindled some interest in things that are not all human. smile.gif

Karl Wolf

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost

[This message has been edited by Karl Wolf (edited 03-22-2000).]

I shall go into SC's #7.

As Gallion called it, the BCT-D is DeSylva's proposed timeline from 3008-3018, just before he left the first time. Located in his Farewell it describes, in detail, the events of GWII, and it's ending. Most of the timeline encompasses the War, and does not address any other races, or their histories.

Over the last few months, we RP'ers have endeavored to bring at least the first part of DeSylva's timeline to life. That of the beginning of GWII. I shall attempt to make a long story short.

1. Gammulans have been planning for some time to launch a new War against the Terrans, and erradicate their prescence in the galaxy. Wrath SS is located directly in the line between them, and Earth, so it should be eliminated, lest it be used to assault their rear and make them fight on two fronts.

2. One of their preliminary actions is to destroy small GCN outposts (Manned ODS platforms), so Wraith Fleet loses their eyes and ears in the Gammulan Quadrant.

3. A GalCom Navy vessel detects destruction of one outpost, and locates the remains of another. The Commander decides that this indicates War, and informs Wraith of this fact.

4. A Fleet of 68 GCN vessels form in Rinaal to defend Wrath Starstation, under the command of Benjamin Somerset.

5. Somerset learns that the enemy fleet numbers 368 ships, and knows that Rinaal will fall. To avoid capture of Wrath, he orders it evacuated, and the self destruct activated so the Gammulans won't be able to capture it and use the Station to command war operations against GalCom.

6. The Gammulan Fleet arrives, and are decimated by the Wraith forces in Rinaal. Wraith decides to pull back to Hadar-9, destroys Wrath intentionally, taking out several Gammulan ships in the process.

This is how GWII, at least the beginning, stands up to this point. I hope that I wasn't too long winded, and that this brings the SC up to speed. It provides logical explanation to the destruction of Wrath, though I do think that the Insurgents having something to do with it is a very interesting plot twist. wink.gif Hopefully, the SC will approve. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

Stationed, *Starstation Wrath

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way." - John Paul Jones

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

Prime Fleet Liason Officer

[This message has been edited by Ben Somerset (edited 03-22-2000).]

I have to agree with Karl in everything he said. Good job pointing that out!

I have a few questions I would like to pose.

I thought that Galcom was supposed to stay out of internal/civil conflicts?

Isn't the fight to overthrow UFN what we Insurgents are all about? I know Galcom has to keep us from terrorizing Earthcom vessels while they are in Galcom space, but Solspace?

The way I understand it (and I could be wrong) is that if the Insurgents had the resources to construct a station around Uranus, then the only group stopping them would have been Earthcom with maybe a little support from Galcom. (Does Galcom really spend all of it's time hanging out in SOL?)

How the HELL could anyone think that EarthCom could stop the Insurgents from building Destiny if it was almost finished when they found out? Furthermore, the Insurgency is made up mostly of Galcom defectors/mutineers. The Insurgency has resources that are supposed to match alot of Galcom's, at least insofar as capital ships and the like are concerned.

Would Galcom come to Earthcom's rescue all the time? Galcom isn't run by Earth is it? It's an alliance made of THREE different alien races. Would the Empirians and the Vesperons really want to keep spending their resources fighting Insurgents that just want to go home to live in peace without tyranny or oppression?

I'm just trying to get out as many questions as I can right now. I figured on just doing my best to question everyone's logic so that you guys could make the scenarios you've come up with a little tighter. I really think everyone is doing a great job coming up with ideas but we need to be realistic here. Does there really have to be a deep story to all of the points the SC listed? Can't we justify everything simply? There is no need to make it complicated.

I hate to be the guy to throw a monkey wrench in the works if I did.

[puts on combat armor and helmet]

I'm ready for the replies now.

------------------

Cmdr Chaos

Spectre Fleet

ICV Banshee

"Do it with a smile and a mad gleam in your eye."

Karl, while I see your point, I don't think you need to worry about what the role of GALCOM is. Like every good story, it just so happens that in the span of 15 years, the Insurgents have become a major threat and therefore, that part of the story, is what is in focus - at this point. It doesn't take away from the other GALCOM duties.

Ben, what the hell is GCN?

Chaos, the Insurgent threat in space is not an EarthCom responsibility. Go back and read the history. They just happen to get involved due to GALCOM being stretched and because if EarthCom had kept them contained to Earth in the first place, they'd never have been powerful enough to be an opposing force of such strength in space. Besides, you keep forgeting, EarthCom and GALCOM don't even get along. And because the Empirians and the Vesperons ended up not even getting along, the very premise that is GALCOM, is on shaky ground - I have yet to figure out how I'm going to end that problem as well as grow GALCOM.

Like every military body, GALCOM is just stretched and though they have several different divisions, it has come the point where you don't have a clue what every finger on that hand is doing. At the end of the day, if the Insurgents take Earth and overthrow the UFN, the first thing thats going to happen is the disbanding of GALCOM and EarthCOM.

Stay focused guys. smile.gif

btw, Ben, thanks for the GWII crash course. It seems feasible enough to work into the timeline, so, if we go with the fact that Wraith was destroyed by its commanders, that could have some serious repercussions. I don't like it because thats not the sort of thing a GALCOM commander of sound mind, would do. I'm going to stick to my Insurgent angle without the destruction of that station.

Besides, you guys have no business destroying assets and cry foul when your RPG goes out of whack with my storyline. My storyline, of course, takes precedence. So, the capture of Wraith by the Insurgents, still stands as was originally written by me.

A fair summary Ben, thanks tongue.gif Where the hell is Tac when I/we need him? wink.gif

Repercussions oh-my, Wraith-HQ was destroyed on the orders of Fleet Commander Londono aka Tac tongue.gif

I am aware that what happens on the RP forum more than likely will not make it into the Official BC Timeline but tone can only  smile.gif

IAW previous requests the following is provided from thread stated in my previous post and should put everything in one nutshell as far as I am concerned:

quote:

March 3008 :
The Second Gammulan War erupts.
For four days, March 14th to the 18th, a wave of Gammulan forces systematically obliterate the advance facilities of GALCOM's Wraith Fleet from hiding places in asteroid belts and debris fields in and around Gammulan, Credian, and Terran space. They then mass for a frontal attack on Sol from Lyrius. The last remnants of Wraith Fleet manage to hold off the Gammulan forces in a sixteen hour running battle through Sirius space, until Prime and Orion Fleet reinforcements arrive to bolster the flagging fleet and hold the Gammulans back. This battle, known as the Wraith Massacre, would be the first confrontation of

a war that would ultimately last until 3014.

This four day battle and the tactical redeployment, aka retreat of Wraith Fleet is currently be played out on the RP Forum. Wraith-HQ is destroyed by Wraith Fleet personnel so that it would not fall into the hands of the Gammulan Empire.

Insurgent Infiltrators could have faked the destruction Wraith-HQ and lifted vital and sensitive data from the stationÔÇÖs computer systems prior to initiating the grand charade. Wraith Fleet personnel were rather busy at the time fighting the Gammulans and would have thought that it was their personnel that set the charges that blew the station. Once the Rinaal system is cleared of Gam and Wraith activity the Insurgents could come back and capture the station after making minor repairs to it. As Ben stated, a interesting twist to the story ÔÇô I like it biggrin.gif

Current RP action is on day two of the four day battle that will be known as the Wraith Massacre on the RP forum soon. Notice that the Insurgency is not mentioned. DeSylva stated later on in his Farewell thread that he did not want to put words in any Insurgents mouths. After much debate, Insurgent One and his trusted cohorts agreed to DeSylvaÔÇÖs point and said that the Insurgents would write their own history ÔÇô or words to that effect.

Quoted below is the rest of what I call the BCT-D, Battlecruiser Timeline ÔÇô DeSylva that was debated on said thread. I left out anything before 3008 and after 3014, the end of the Second Gammulan War.

quote:

Terran bases and colonies in the Sirius, Polaris, and Procyon systems are captured and the residents placed under arrest in their homes by Gammulan forces. Rumors of atrocities being committed in the Procyon system filter through to Terran media services. By the end of the war, civilian casualties are estimated at around 3.2 million lives. The raider presence in Sirius is eliminated, with starstation Pixan being destroyed. The trader stations of Centron and Velari are captured by Gammulan forces.

May 3008 : In the second major space confrontation in the Second Gammulan War, a combined EarthCOM and GALCOM fleet pushes through to hold the Lyrius region of Sirius. Nearly fifteen Terran capital ships are lost, as opposed to twenty five Gammulan capital ships. The Gammulans reinforce their position behind the Lennen jump gate.

October 3008 : While repeated clashes occur between Terran and Gammulan forces across the Lyrius-Lennen battlefield, reserve Gammulan forces are pushing into Insurgent and Raider territory. By the end of October 3008, Gammulan forces occupy Barnard's Star, Polaris, and Procyon. The Raiders are quickly vanquished, but the invasion of Barnard's Star costs Gammulan forces heavily as the Insurgents resist the Gammulan incursion, before pulling back and filtering through to their secret base in Credian territory.

April 3009 : Terran forces mount another push, managing to smash their way into Lennen and hold the Lennen side of the Polaris-2 jump point. The Battle of Lennen costs Terran forces nearly ten thousand lives, while the Gammulans manage to escape relatively unscathed, falling back and abandoning Lennen when they become outnumbered. Construction begins on Starstation Liberty, a fortified outpost built in the remains of Pixan Starstation, that will house the Terran Area Command. Its construction takes approximately four months.

December 3009 : A combined GALCOM Prime, Orion, and EarthCOM force, codename Unicorn, manages to penetrate Barnard's Star and establish a foothold in the Zilon region. With support from the science outpost Toron 1 in Krystar, as well as Trader security forces from the trading outpost at Toron 2 in Rebellan, they begin a concentrated campaign against Gammulan forces in the area.

May 3010 : The Battle of Two Fronts is fought in Sygan, the old home of the Insurgency and now a Gammulan stronghold. The remains of the Unicorn force launch a final attack on the Gammulan forces operating out of Starstation Sygan, and are joined by a second force of Wraith Fleet craft attacking from Lennen. In an eight hour battle, Starstation Sygan is destroyed and the Gammulan Fleet is all but obliterated. This is the first major Gammulan loss in the war. Gammulan forces begin to regroup in Polaris and Procyon. In what is to become a standard tactic, Gammulan forces scatter when the call to retreat is made and hide throughout the Barnard's Star and Tau Ranis systems, continuing to make sporadic raids and attacks until the end of the war.

October 3010 : The 133rd Space Marine Battalion (Strike), nicknamed the "Serpent's Cross", defect in their entirety to Gammulan forces. In a battle known as the Turning War, the 133rd Space Marine Battalion turn on their counterparts, the 143rd Space Marine Battalion (Strike) in the midst of a fight with Gammulan forces. All of the ships of the 143rd are destroyed and the Serpent's Cross disappear behind enemy lines. EarthCOM renegade hunters manage to capture only two of the renegade vessels. Interrogation of the Command Crews of these craft reveals that the Commanding Officer of the 133rd Space Marine Battalion, Fleet Commander Terence Dreyton, a talented GALCOM officer, was lured to defect with the promise of a High Command position in the Gammulan Empire.

The 133rd Space Marine Battalion took with it 30 GALCOM capital ships and around 25,000 GALCOM personnel. A month later, three of the Battalion's transports are discovered in Polaris-2, loaded with nearly ten thousand dead Terrans, presumably those who refused to defect. By the end of the war, only 10 of the ships of the 133rd Space Marine Battalion would be recovered or destroyed. It is assumed that the remaining craft and their crew were retained by the Gammulans for study and research.

April 3011 : A concerted Gammulan counterstrike lays siege to Starstation Liberty in Lennen. Over the course of a week, Gammulan forces blockade the station, fending off four attempts to recapture the station. Eventually, the crew of the Liberty evacuate, and half of the evacuation craft are destroyed, the remainder being picked up by Terran forces in the area. The Command Crew of the station remain on board, capitulating to the Gammulan forces, before self-destructing the station. In doing so, they destroy both themselves and six Gammulan capital ships attempting to board the station. The loss of a foothold in Lennen leads to Terran forces having to withdraw to Lyrius. For the first time in the war, Sol begins to be fortified in anticipation of Gammulan forces breaking through. Over the next year, Terran forces manage to hold off numerous Gammulan assaults, taking heavy losses. This time becomes known as the Dark Days.

January 3012 : GALCOM diplomats strike a bargain with Syrion forces. The enigmatic biomechanicals agree to mobilise a part of their army to provide a military force that can guard the GALCOM territories and defend them from an attack from the rear, as occurred in the First Gammulan War. As a result, EarthCOM and the GALCOM allied races are able to throw their remaining ships into the war effort. The Vesperons and Empirians are initially reluctant to commit, but as the Terran war effort falters in Sirius and the Gammulans threaten to penetrate Sol itself, they realise that an invasion of Sol means that an attack on Empirian and Vesperon territories could be imminent

March 3012 : With the new ships, the combined GALCOM and EarthCOM forces are able to push back into Lennen and recommence attacks on the bulk of the Gammulan forces in Polaris-2. In a large scale battle known as the Battle of Longreach-424, named after a comet that was passing through the area of the battle, GALCOM and allied fighters use the tail of the comet to launch a series of hit and fade attacks on Gammulan forces, until they retreat from Lennen. The close of the Battle of Longreach-424, after approximately five days, sees the loss of 38 GALCOM and EarthCOM allied capital ships and around 65 Gammulan capital ships. The GALCOM and Terran forces begin construction of a more heavily fortified starstation in orbit around Lennen, to house Area Command, and it is christened on it's completion as Starstation Victory.

April 3012 : The 28th Space Marine Battalion (Recon) begin a six month long assay of the Lennen region using old long-range probe data and making extremely long range hyperjumps to try and locate strategically viable footholds or resources out of range of Gammulan scanners. Over this time, fourteen ships from the battalion are damaged or destroyed due to accidents which occur as a result of making such long hyperjumps without reliable coordinates. When the assay project is complete, nearly twenty strategically viable positions outside of Gammulan scanner range have been discovered, and all members of the 28th Space Marine Battalion are awarded Commander's Shields.

June 3012 : Luis Ontego, a 35 year old Terran GACOM scientist, develops the Area Defense Shield, a type of shield generator able to project stable, large scale 360 degree defensive fields. This new technology is earmarked for inclusion into the new GALCOM battlecruiser under development to assist in the war effort, code named Starion.

September 3013 : The turning point of the war for the Terrans occurs when they launch the final strike of a covert operation running in the Ahavre Belt, an asteroid belt several thousand light years out of populated space in

the Polaris-2 region. A large scale manufacturing facility and a major Gammulan Fleet preparing to attack Sol, also deep in uncharted space in Polaris-2, is discovered and destroyed with the use of two powerful nuclear devices mounted on ships flown by pilots operating out of a GALCOM military ship.

February 3014 : With the tide of the war beginning to turn in Terran favour, and Terran resources running desperately low, the Starion project is put on hold indefinitely.

July 3014 : In a decisive strike against Gammulan forces, a large GALCOM / EarthCOM fleet pushes through the remaining Gammulan defenses in Polaris-2 to strike directly at the Gammulan starbase and war command in Polaris-1. At the same time, a small group of ISS and Wraith covert marines penetrate Procyon space to plant a tactical nuclear device on the secondary command facility in orbit around Actis IV. With the back of the Gammulan command broken in these two places, the Gammulans begin a steady withdrawal through the Credian quadrant.

August 3014 : GALCOM and UFN diplomats begin negotiations with Credian and Zelon forces to try and close the space lanes to future Gammulan forces. These negotiations are for the most part unsuccessful, although the Zelons agree to limit Gammulan military fleet movement through their territory, as well as to impose trade sanctions on the Gammulans in retaliation for the war.

September 3014 : With the war officially over, Terran forces turn inward to try and assess the damage caused. The Terran economy is crippled, and GALCOM funding and resources have been stretched to their limits after the protracted conflict. The UFN votes unanimously to approve a bill put forward by Senator Galhamriman to channel military spending into research and exploration to try and discover resources to boost the dangerously flagging Terran economy.

Some of this I agree with, some I do not. DeSylva went on to say that Galcom would break a treaty with one of its allies ÔÇô something I opposed vehemently. IMO Galcom would not willingly break a treaty with an allie. But I digress.

My main and only area of concern is with the first quote and how it pertains to the destruction of Wraith-HQ in Rinaal and its eventual relocation to Lyrius. Which is only four days out of one month in 3008.

Hope that this makes sense. I end my supermini-dissertation with this post biggrin.gif

TTFN

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 03-22-2000).]

Well, Insurgent One's been quiet long enough.

quote:

Finally, you have to wonder what Insurgent One is thinking, putting a station in Uranus, 1 jump from Earth, knowing fully well that the UFN would definitely give its destruction or capture, a high priority. Its not like he can amass a fleet there, knowing fully well that (a) they had 3 jump gates to defend and (
B)
any Insurgent craft going into or out of Uranus, had to fight its way through Neptune, Pluto and/or Jupiter, in order to leave Sol. Unless of course, they knew something the UFN didn't.

Insurgent One's had the last 15 years flying this route and did not just pick this site from whim. Insurgent One knows battle tactics. He learned them from GALCOM and refined them, seeking weaknesses. A Station at Uranus would undoubtably draw attention and would as well draw fire from opposing forces. There's 3 ways in and 3 out. The Insurgency would use Trader IFF tagged vessels to mine the gates coming into Uranus. As UFN/GALCOM/EarthCom fleets massed outside these gates and fought their way into Uranus, they are reduced in number by approximately 30 percent. Another 30-35 percent would be lost in the Capture of the Station. Now we are down to, at best 40 percent left with some of those damaged. Now to leave????? Those same merchant ships mined the way out and there are Warmongers (Fast, Mean little Suckers) on the outside of the gates. Those that DO manage to clear the mine fields are now like Chaff before the Winds. Fodder so to speak. It will be simplistic to take the station back. The Station is not yet repaired enough to defend itself, so Reclamation would be complete. It would only take an estimated 10-12 repeats of this scenario to accomplish what the end objective was all about. Reduce the available assets that our enemies have and clear the way to return to Sol Proper. Think about it. We are not weak and we are not without means to accomplish this goal.

Now I'm perfectly willing to fly the course that Derek has set out for us. He's been writing it for 15 years. If you want to write a piece of history, then by all means do it. Just do not attempt to write Insurgent History. He'll do that for us. Live or Die. Also, do not attempt to influence Insurgent Technologies. Same rule applies. If I want a piece of Technology, I'll personally ask him for it and live with his decisions. biggrin.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Long Live The Insurgency, Long Live Mother Earth, And Long Live Battlecruiser Developers and Fans!"

I really do think that the Insurgents destroying the station after raiding it is most interesting...and makes Wraith more likely to attack Insurgent vessels. Though I doubt Wraith will discover this for some time.

SC: You're most welcome. smile.gif To answer your other question, GCN is the acronym for the Galactic Command Navy.

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

Stationed, *Starstation Wrath

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way." - John Paul Jones

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

Prime Fleet Liason Officer

[This message has been edited by Ben Somerset (edited 03-23-2000).]

I guess I'll try my hand at this smile.gif

Disclamer: I bear no hard feelings or have any intentions of hurting another Commander. I'm mearly stating my personal views on the situation as well as others posts.

personal opinion: Destiny's location is crazy.

1. It's hard to defend. Even in Rattler's scenerio, 10 to 12 times a station changing hands? Yes it would drastically reduce galcom assets. However, GALCOM isn't stupid, it might take one or 2 times, but I'm sure they would notice that the "traders" were acting a tad on the strange side, specially since they just "happened" to be in the area where the fleet was annihilated... each time. Also you would have to take into consideration the toll on Insurgent personnel. I don't think that we have that many ppl that we could just toss them to the wind in a war of attrition with GALCOM. I don't remember the composition of Uranus, but I don't think it's too hospitable, a station in there has to be resupplied somehow. I'm sure that GALCOM could spare enough ships to blockade the system after their initial assaults were stopped cold. Basically then, even though the Insurgents have a station there, Galcom would have a close eye on the system, looking for cracks in the defense or signs that the station was running low on supplies. I like SC's reason for how Destiny got where it is, it is logical. I think that Rattlers purpose for the station there is also logical, but I also think that it is flawed slightly. In the game itself, we could do this with virtually no recuard for station personnel since they technically don't exist, But in the time line we have to think about actual personnel on board the station, I'm sure there will be quite a few there. For that reason, Rattlers suggestion wouldn't work well. Even with a skeleton crew, the station changing hands so many times is likely to turn a few Insurgent heads as to wether or not it's really necesary to knowingly commit personnel to as suicide stand on a regular basis. I think that there should be a stalemate on the region where the station is located with the Insurgency running raids to break GALCOM's blockade on the system, since they know that it is only a matter of time b4 the station falls. This allows for SC's reason for the stations construction, and Rattlers purpose without an appalling casualty figgure that grows regularly. It also allow there to be more pressure on Sol by an Insurgency that has "grown-up" especially fitting in the light of the destruction of Wraith HQ, which shows that GALCOM has been forced to withdraw closer to home.

ok, it's late there are probably eros in logic in ther, and I'll be wondering what I was thinking when i re read this in about 12 hours. smile.gif but thats for one of the problems.

2. the Construction of New America.

The Syrians would have had to know about it. However it could have begun life as once again a small front company mining operation that flourished into a small base built into the asteroid. The syrians would be more apt to allow this than an outright military base. Durring this period, the Insurgents are hollowing out hte asteroid and building New America there. I think I remember reading the New America has some kind of cloaking device. in that case maybe all looks like a small mining compound until the cloak was activated. Sure it would alarm them at first when the asteroid suddenly disappeared, but if New America stayed cloaked, I don't think the Syrians could find the base, meanwhile, under the cover of the cloak, the Insurgents outfit the stations defenses and finish construction. With any luck, the Syrians would write off the astreroid as a unexplained occurrance. They would eventually notice that there is a high traffic through the system and find out what happened to the astroid, but with the cloak, station Defenses, and Station Complement. New America could hold out for awhile. though with the Syrians not wanting to get involved in other's wars,they might not attack the station as long as it did not show aggression to Syrian vessels. I would expect a large complement of Syrians in the system at all times to monitor the station.

once again ditto from above smile.gif

3 Velari and Wraith

Wraith HQ was over extended and left in an untennable position for a covert ops fleet. as a result of increased gammulan and Insurgent pressure, Rinaal was abandoned after raids became more frequent and reports of Gamm/Insurgent fleets preparing to attack the weakoned station filtered down through the Command. Velari was appropriated and hastilly converted to server as a stop against Insurgent attacks up to and durring the withdrawl form Rinaal. this station now servers as Galcoms advanced outpost and first line of defense agains incursions for Antis and Gammula.

I'll post stuff for the others tomorrow if this one doesn't get deleted. wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 03-23-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 03-23-2000).]

Gallion: At work man, at work.. you people have the annoying tendency of discussing important stuff like the location of the new Wraith starbase and this when I'm unable to do a long post/away from my computer. wink.gif (BTW, I love the new smilies!)

My view on this:

quote:

SC said:

GALCOM lost Wraith due to an Insurgent assault from the station in Antis. The Mandorians, couldn't assist much, due to their own on-going conflict with the Kandorians and Gammulans. With the assets of Wraith stretched to the limit, due their need to address the Insurgent threat as well as the Gammulan incursion through Cyron, the outpost, fell to the Insurgents.

This would be a move ANY decent insurgent would make. Great move by the insurgency, now to switch my rook and king to avoid a checkmate...

quote:

SC said:

The UFN relocated Wraith to Lyrius as a last line of defense into Sol. Since they couldn't tackle the Insurgent+Gammulan threat, the test is to see how they hold up against the Insurgents, one on one.

quote:

Antilles said:

Wraith HQ was over extended and left in an untennable position for a covert ops fleet

I agree with you buddy, this is my greatest pain...I don't know why Galcom is wasting its special forces by using them as doorstops frown.gif

quote:

SC said:

The notion that Wraith was lost to the Insurgents does not reduce the Gammulan threat. Has it occured to you that the Insurgents, as crafty as they are, just waited for the Gammulans to weaken the station assets, and then just moved in for the kill while the Gammulans were regrouping for a final assault? And don't forget, now the Insurgents have the Gammulans to deal with.

Logical move by the insurgents. I do like the notion of the Insurgency now fighting on 2 fronts..let em bleed I say biggrin.gif

quote:

If GALCOM wanted that station back badly, they'd go and get it - or at least kill a few commanders, trying, wouldn't they? So far, they haven't decided this yet.

Maybe Galcom don't want it back because it TIES up Insurgent resources fighting the Gammulans. The Gam's are against humanity, if the pesky wiseass primates want to call themselves Insurgent, Galcom or Earthcom is of no difference to them. Now the Gammulans have to go through the Insurgency first, then the Credian quadrant (fair advance warning), then through the Insurgents again, then through the "doorstop" fleet (*sigh*) and then through the might of Prime and all other Galcom fleets.

Sounds quite a good deal for Galcom... maybe this was the plan all along? Purposely build a station so far it would be an attractive target for the insurgency AND the gams. Who knows what Galcom High Command dishes out of its Think-Tank colonies wink.gif

quote:

so, if we go with the fact that Wraith was destroyed by its commanders, that could have some serious repercussions. I don't like it because thats not the sort of thing a GALCOM commander of sound mind, would do.I'm going to stick to my Insurgent angle without the destruction of that station.

"Scorched Earth" wink.gif Anyway, see below for more on this. BTW, sound mind? *wicked grin*

I see 2 ways to explain the loss of Rinaal SS to the insurgents:

#1: Subterfuge: The Insurgency underhandedly cultivated situations for Wraith and Gammulan forces to clash constantly in order for both sides to weaken so that the insurgency could move in. The Gammulans sent probing attacks and raids to the Wraith HQ and Wraith sent strikes and retaliated the raids on the SS. The insurgency slowly made sure this behavior increased steadily until the Wraith and the Gam's had wacked each other into stalemate (and weakened defenses in Rinaal). Then, they moved in with a strong fleet during a Gam Raid, forcing Wraith to withdraw and the Gams to retreat (damn, where do these terrans get so many ships? Hehe).

#2 (A variation/merge of Gallion's RP thread and the SC's timeline):

During the 2nd Gam War, after Wraith had blown up the Rinaal SS and withdrew to Sol space and the Gam's went back into their borders, a few MONTHS after this, the insurgency scavenged the SS's hulk and re-built it into an operational starstation (they are getting so much cash these days, they can afford it hehe).

quote:

Gallion said:

Repercussions oh-my, Wraith-HQ was destroyed on the orders of Fleet Commander Londono aka Tac

I ain't giving a starstation for free to the enemy biggrin.gif And we took a hell of a lot of Gam roach marines that day, be proud my man *grin*. Anyway, hope the alternative I posted above (the one using SC's timeline and your RP Gallion) serve to link & heal the 2 trains of thought.

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. Londono

GCV Usagi

*Fleet Command

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

ICQ 6955087 EST

=Wraith Fleet=

Maybe I came across too strongly or gave the wrong impression in my previous post. If so, I appologize. What I was trying to convey was that I am not, at present time, preparred to sit down and flush out a complete history for the Insurgency. My time is limited and already taxed to it's collective "full plate" status. This does not mean that I would be willing to let just anybody decide what Insurgent History should be. It's just too important for that. Again, appologies to any and all that I might have offended.

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Long Live The Insurgency, Long Live Mother Earth, And Long Live Battlecruiser Developers and Fans!"

Guest Cmdr Josh Dilvorn

I am sorry but I just can't resist putting in my $0.02 about the risk of the Insurgent's supply lines being blockaded. Perhaps the easiest work around for this is to say that through the 'arrangement' with the Syrion's, the Insurgent's learned of a previously undetected anomaly in the Uranus region that would enable them to enter/exit the region without travelling through the jump gates.

Just an idea...

------------------

Commander Josh Dilvorn

GCV Conquest, ISS08

Defense Wing Commander - ISS Fleet

www.conquest.f2s.com

Funny, in all this rhetoric, Tac's options for the relocation of the Rinaal SS, were the most clear and logical.

So, lets go with Tac's option #2. I will edit the timeline above, accordingly.

Now, lets move on to the next issue. Are we leaving Destiny where it is? I have no problems moving it, as long as it is logical and fits the timeline. Insurgent One, its your call.

excellent!! dissertation Gallion! biggrin.gif

...and btw, there no such entity as GCN. I don't want to see it used again.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 03-23-2000).]

In your list of Stations and their locations over in the New Fleet Locations forum, you list New America as being in the Omicron Eridani system at Midae (Verperon),

however the time line has it at Tarean which is in the Alpha Canis system (Syrion).

Just wondering which is correct...

If the spot at Midae is open it might be easier to move Destiny there than to try

and explain why Galcom would allow it to be built undetected at Uranus.

If that isn't a problem then it might be easier to explain why New America is in Verperon space as opposed to Syrion space.

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

Spectre Fleet

Pre. comm. Cmdr. New America StarStation

ICV Gummy 1

Official tester of BC3K the series...

Long live the Insurgency!

ICQ # 215323

[This message has been edited by Andergum (edited 03-23-2000).]