Orion Starstation: The Orion Lounge part #2

The Orion Lounge on the Orion Starstation....

Description:The centerpiece of this dark room is a strange bar that glows of its own light. It is long and circles around so that it has no start and no end. Within this circle are many strange machines reaching up to the ceiling for creating any kind of strange drink imaginable. A stocky man works the machines and serves the customers extremely efficiently. He is skilled with just about every drink type imaginable.There are many seats in the room, booths placed up against the walls on each side, light dimly because of the distance from the glowing bar. Now that you've given the room a look over feel free to descend the platform and enjoy your time here.

Here we go again

------------------

COMMANDER BOSCH

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - OBENBONE

"For Orion Home and Soul we guard you"

[rp]Commander Darien Wolfe moves into the lounge, decends the platform and heads to a table far from the madding crowd. He sits and scans the datapad once more, blinking a couple of times.

Several hours ago he received new orders and a new message from Karl "Blades" Savage.

'Friend of the family' Kept on running around inside his head, 'What did I do to get this post?'

Again he looked at the datapad, again at the text. It was still there, not like some half forgotten dream.

datapad.jpg

Darien looked again and shook his head. If he had anyone to write about this to, he would have shot a message off in an instant. But instead, he stared at the screen, face caught in the glow from the mini-monitor.

[/rp]

*ooc* Sorry about the datapad smile.gif I created it while in paint shop pro, just to see if I could make one smile.gif*ooc*

------------------

CMDR DARIEN WOLFE

ORION FLEET

FLEET INTELLIGENCE OFFICER

COMMANDER, ROCKWELL STARBASE

TSUNAMI BATTLEGROUP

GCV - THE BLACKSTAR

http://www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

"There is a Storm coming, a Dark and Terrible Storm."

[This message has been edited by Darien Wolfe (edited 05-28-2000).]

{rp}Bosch seeing the new intell commander he grabs a bottle of the good stuff and walks over to wolfe's table and says.

"Ah mr wolfe seems they finely seen the light and made you intell officer might i sit down ?"

------------------

COMMANDER BOSCH

ORION FLEET

LOGISTICS OFFICER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - OBENBONE

http://darkkin.members.atlantic.net/

[rp]

Wolfe looked up at the other officer and smiled slightly, normally he would have said 'yes, I mind. Go leave me alone' but now his response was much different.

"Sure, take a seat, I see you brought a little bit of the best with you too. Commander Bosch I presume?"

He chuckled, "Grab some glasses buddy."

------------------

CMDR DARIEN "WOLF" WOLFE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLEGROUP

GCV - THE BLACKSTAR

{RP}

"So hows life been treating you friend"

Bosch pours afew glasses and takes a swig from his before turning back to wolfe

{/rp}

------------------

COMMANDER BOSCH

ORION FLEET

LOGISTICS OFFICER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - OBENBONE

[rp]

"AHHCHOOO!"

Liev snarled, wipped his oversized Welsh nose, and continued to the bar. While he was thankful of his recent promotion, the last few weeks had been hell. When Liev took his postion as Fighter Commander for Wraith Fleet, he knew his work was cut out for him. Ever since that fiasco with the Gammulans, Wraith support units have been being ripped to shreds, requiring a massive recruitment campain to keep those capital craft stocked with pilots. On top of that, a solid infrastructure for support craft was never really set up in Wraith, leaving Liev to oversee ALL the mundane craft reqs, training results, readiness reports, fuel prices, ect ect.

In a desperate effort to make things into something coherent, Liev had been fliting around from station to station, for the past several weeks, assinging subordinates so that he might have time for acutally doing his job, planning strategy, and getting the rosters filled up. He also needed time to get accquantied with Wraith's...unique... operations structure. But the Type 1 shuttle he was using (all the larger ships were busy with the Insurgies and Gammulans) was not designed for such extend use without servicing. Since last Monday, Liev's shuttle had developed life support problems, bringing his cabin temperture to about -2 Celcius. Thanks to the inept flight technicans, the Fighter Commander of Wraith Fleet had developed an accute cold, and was now beging to suspect he had the flu as well.

However, on Centris he had of the legendary Orion Lounge, hub of hobb-nobbing Galcom executives and place were heroes were born. His commrades on Centris insisted that he bring back a few momentos from this bar of champions, and Liev had agreed to bring a mug or two when he returned for a vist. Later, Liev discovered that at the exact same time he had a few days rest, he would be in the Jupiter system. Deciding that now was the time to collect the promised trinkets, he decided to take a well-neeeded break and stay in Orion for a few days. Liev also secretly admitted to himself that he wanted to take a peek at the giants of Galcom, and perhaps even meet one! His C.O. was also rummored to hand around these parts, and Liev was eager to meet the one called Gallion.

Liev stepped into the fabled Orion Lounge, and took in the sights when his eyes ajusted to the dim light.

Liev saw numerous drunkards, boasters, braggers, and even just a few passed out with the evenings pleasures. This is it?, he thought. The Centris Cantina had more warriors then this place! Smelled better too, he thought, as the stench of rotten beer breath reached his honker. Perhaps I'll see what this place is all about during my stay.

With another violent sneeze, Liev placed himself at the bar. "Milk and soda", he rasped to the barkeep, the cold reducing his voice to a whisper. As the drink was prepared, Liev looked about for a news datapad.

[rp]

And thus, humble me enters the rp sence smile.gif

------------------

Commander David "Whisper" Liev

*Wraith Fleet Fighter Command

Sationed, Wraith HQ

"We Will Be There"

=Wraith Fleet=

[This message has been edited by Whisper (edited 06-08-2000).]

Guest Kirk Stroiker

Hey guys, smile.gifI thought I'd try rping.

[rp]14:32 07.21.3008

JupiterSol

Orion starstation

------------------

Cmdr. Stroiker entered the room and surveyed it carefully.

Kirk: 'Let's see, where's a good spot? ...there's one, no it's too crowded over there. I'd better get my drink first.'

He descended from the platform, through the crowd and up to the bar. As he approached, Kirk noticed the crowd was mainly on the near side of the bar; so he picked one of the neatly arranged stools on the far side and sat down.

Kirk: "H20 with ice, please."

Bar tender: "Okay, coming right up."

Kirk wasn't a heavy drinker (even of pop, coke or soda) so water was the obvious choice.

The Flightstar was badly damaged from its first 2.5-month tour with Kirk as commander in Syrius. The Gammulans were really out doing themselves this time.

Because of the repair costs, he was now on a tight budget (most of the "ship insurance" reserve of 2,371,500 credits was spent on the towing, repairing and resupplying of the Flightstar). The tow ship dropped them at Orion (being the closest friendly station) so Kirk was here for the first time as a carrier commander. His orders were to launch as soon as possible and head back to Sirius.

Bar tender: "Here's your drink."

Kirk: "This is free, right?"

Bar tender: "Yep, water's in good supply here so it's free."

Kirk: "Thanks."

He took the glass, took a sip and continued surveying the crowd for any familiar people.[/rp]

I haven't introduced my rp character yet, although I am working on a single-player story outlining my introduction. But since I demand quality in this very important part of my career, it won't be out for awhile. redface.gif Therefore, this is taking place after my intro (the story, yet to be posted, will end right before my first tour as commander of the Flightstar). wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Kirk Stroiker

GCV Flightstar, Genesis, Moon/Sol/TQ

1st Squad, Gamma Wing - Prime Fleet

[This message has been edited by Kirk Stroiker (edited 09-21-2000).]

Guest Damasceus Klark

{rp}

A tall, dark, and odd looking man walks disjointedly into the lounge, taking a few swigs of an orange liquid from an antiquated glass bottle of unknown origin.

He belches loudly to no one in particular, and then scratches the tip of his nose. Yup, he's definitly been drinking a bit too much Tang.

He saunters over to a chair, yelling about how it needs to take back its insults about his mother. After a heated argument that he appears to be losing, he sits down by it, puts his arm around it, and explains about how he's an astronaut from the 30th century.

Way too much Tang.

Suddenly he snaps his head up, looks around and sees something extremely familiar and struts like a leaf on a type 4 rapid over to it.

"Hey, Davy-Boy!" he says to David Liev, his superior officer. His breath is rank with orange flavoring.

He calls over the bartender. "Bartender, round of Tang for me and Davy here."

He looks at the top of the cieling for a full three seconds. "Hey, cool!" he says afterwards.

------------------

Damasceus "Shiva" Klark

Pilot, Wraith Fighter Command

Wraith Fleet HQ

"Ye gods man, are you insane?!?"

=Wraith Fleet=

[This message has been edited by Damasceus Klark (edited 06-10-2000).]

[rp]

At first Liev did not notice the newcomer, to caught up in his own affairs. But then the newcomer began to make himself extremely noticable, attempting to convice a chair that the comments to his mother were unwarrented. After a brief but heated debate, the newcomer had apparently lost the argument. He then looked up, spotted Liev, and qickly and with much haste strolls over to him.

Liev now realizes that the newcomer is Damasceus Klark, a new pilot in Wraith. At first surprised that he had failed to recognize his old friend, Liev realized that his error was to due to the most strangley shaped wig that his pilot was wearing. Liev sighed, and rememered his comrade's past "experiments" with Tang. Depending on when his forst drink was and how many he had afterward, Damas would be in this state for another 2-3 days. The best anyone could do was cope.

Liev accepted the drink and took a sip. Damas proceeded to inhale his, and then began ranting to what apperaed to be the air duct about the state of disrepair his guest quarters were in. Liev settled back and prepared himself to enjoy the spectacle. Perhpas it would take his mind off work for a little while.

"Glad you coulnd make it, Damas. Pardon my voice, I tink I have a colnd." Liev rasped. "ACHOOO!"

[rp]

Pardon the mess, fellows, but Damas' mind tends to be a lttle untidy on weekends biggrin.gif.

------------------

Sationed, Wraith HQ

"We Will Be There"

=Wraith Fleet=

Guest Damasceus Klark

{rp}

A few loud noises were coming from the bar stool that Damasceus Klark was sitting on. Actually, the noises were coming from Damasceus himself as he spun wildly around on it, gleefully laughing about nothing in particular. He stopped spinning right in front of his friend David Liev.

"Davy-Boy!" he said suddenly, as if realizing for the first time that David was sitting in front of him. The shock of this sudden revelation jolted him right out of his Tang induced stupor.

"Hey, Davy, what're you doing here?!?" he asked with a refreshed gusto.

"In fact," he said. "What am I doing here?!?" He looked around at the unfamiliar surroundings. The whole lounge was completely new to him. He looked up at the ceiling for a full three seconds, and afterwards said "Hey, cool!"

He looked back at his friend with a quizzical look on his face. Something was different about his old friend. He couldn't tell, but... wait a minute. Why did Davy have weird looking hair all over his face? Wait, that hair wasn't just all over Davy's face, it was all over the place!

"Why," he said in deep concentration. "Do I have a wig on my head?" He took off the wig and gave it to the bartender. He looked back to his friend David. There was still something odd about him.

"Davy, why do you have mucus dripping from your nose?" Something dimly suggested that he already knew the answer, but it didn't actually want to reveal the answer and in fact wanted to see how Damasceus could make it out.

David suddenly sneezed again, making the dim suggestion reluctantly give out its answer, which just happened to be that David had a cold.

"It's amazing," started Damasceus. "That we have the technology to build great space ships that can transverse the wide reaches galaxy in fifteen minutes or less, but that it cannot cure the most common of all diseases, the cold."

Damasceus scratched the tip of his nose, ordered an extremely light Tang. He looked back at David and then suggested that he order a pineapple juice, as it usually alleviates mass amounts of mucus, and if that doesn't work, he should order a big ol' bowl of chili con carne.

He then called over the bartender and inquired as to if he himself could get a big bowl of chili con carne.

------------------

Damasceus "Shiva" Klark

Wraith Fleet HQ

=Wraith Fleet=

[This message has been edited by Damasceus Klark (edited 06-11-2000).]

Guest Kirk Stroiker

Wow, this is getting interesting! smile.gif

[rp]Kirk noticed a man sitting on a stool across the bar who obviously had a cold.

"Milk and soda", the man told the bartender.

Kirk: 'There's a person who could use some company.'

Kirk was then distracted by the tall, dark, and odd looking man who entered the lounge a little disjointedly - and wearing a wig! He had obviously brought his own drink and was taking a few rather long drinks from it.

He burped, sauntered over to a chair and started yelling at it argumentatively! From what Kirk gathered, the man was demanding it to take back some insults.

Kirk: 'okay... I think he's drunk'

Suddenly, he looked over at the man across the bar from Kirk.

"Hey, Davy-Boy!", he shouted and then called to the bartender, "Bartender, round of Tang for me and Davy here." Then he looked at the ceiling and said, "Hey, cool!"

Kirk: 'um... okay, he's really drunk'

The bartender brought over the drinks as the drunken man quickly strolled over to David and sat down next to him.

"Glad you coulnd make it, Damas. Pardon my voice, I tink I have a colnd.", David said in a gruff voice and then sneezed.

David took the drink, took a sip as Damas proceeded to inhale his -, and then began ranting at one of the air ducts! But to Kirk's surprise, David just settled back in his chair enjoying himself.

'What better company dose this guy need than this drunkard', Kirk thought sarcastically.

Damas then started spinning wildly around on his barstool, laughing gleefully. He suddenly stopped right in front of David and said, "Davy-Boy!", as if he just noticed him.

Damas' expression changed to a more serious one as he said, "Hey, Davy, what're you doing here?!?", with renewed exitment!

"In fact," he said with a puzzled expression, "What am I doing here?!?"

Damas then looked up at the ceiling and said, "Hey, cool!" He looked back at David and then - realizing that he was wearing a wig - took it off and handed it to the bartender!

'This is better than a circus', Kirk thought, chuckling to himself.[/rp]

Hey Whisper I don't know about being a giant of Galcom, but I am a member of Prime fleet. Perhaps you and your pilot could start up a conversation with me. I hope I didn't miss anything.

Bosch, Wolfe, were are you guys?

[rp]

There's nothing like a loud noise to break a man's concentration and bring them back to the real world with a thump

"Sorry Bosch, drifted for a second ther. Still recovering from the news of my promotion."

He smiled at the other and clinked his glass. "Well from the life in here, I'd say things started to look up, wouldn't you."

Wolfe then turned to watch the others and smiled again.

"Now all we need is Blades."

------------------

CMDR DARIEN "WOLF" WOLFE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLEGROUP

GCV - THE BLACKSTAR

[rp]

As Damas ordered a bowl of chile, Liev couls smell the strong orange stench of Tang on his pilots breath. And considering Liev had a cold, that was saying somthing. He was drinking some highly watered down Tang now, so that should bring his high down a little.

Liev contemplated his current drink, and decided that he would pass on the pineapple juce untill he washed the sharp feeling of soda water out with a glass of water. Fizzy pineapple juice was something to disgusting to dwell upon.

Speaking of disgusting, Damas had recivied his meal (quick service!) and had begun slurping and chomping it quite excessively, producing large amounts of questionable noise. Normal a neat and reserved eater, the mixture of Tang and Mexican spices had sent his pilot into a, how did he put it?, "snarf fest".

The spectacle to his side rather disturbing, Liev looked about the room. Aside from the usual intoxicated inhabitants of a bar, he noticed two gentlemen seated in a booth in one of the better lighten areas of the room. One of them looked quite happy as he brought his glass up to his campanion.

Liev also noticed one of the few solitary figuers in the room, nursing a glass of gin or water. He looked just a tad bored, as if he came here for more than just drink. Definetly water, then.

Suddenly an idea lept into Liev's mind. Ho ho!, what a sight this will be!, he thought.

Liev turned to Klark, who had finished his chili and was belching contentedly.

"Damas..." Klark looked up suddenly, as if returning from a dream. Or in the state he's in, getting back into one, thoought Liev wryly. "Damas, why don't you talnk to that lonely lookng fellow over tere?"

"Who...him?"

"Yea, I tink heet lookingt ftor someun to talnk to." Liev sniffed and blew his nose.

"Why don't you go talke to him?"

That was slightly uncalled for. Damas knew that his commander suffered from the socially crippling inability to open a converstion. However, by the sound of his voice, Liev figured his pilot was playing with him.

"I don wan to spreand tis colnd." Liev replied raspingly.

"Oh. Okay!" Damas replied cheerfully, then strolled off to the solitary figure.

[rp]

------------------

Sationed, Wraith HQ

"We Will Be There"

=Wraith Fleet=

Guest Captain Pavel B

Captain Pavel entered the room in his clean and crisp uniform with gleaming medals on it, and with him came in 2 heavily built marines and one IC pilot. This might be Pavels first time on Galcom HQ, but he is not a new recruit. He was born on Mars and served in the Military there for 6 years. Pavel is a seasoned Veteran. His crew of 3 went to the nearest empty booth and sat down.

They were planning on getting drunk and sharing their glorious battle stories.

In a while, loud laughter came from the table as you could hear some of what they were saying over the loud music and talking of other people.

"No way! I dont believe you..."

"Its true, there I was...surrounded by.......but i managed to fend them ALL off with a single primitive pistol...I..found..in....."

*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH*

**As the men were talking you could notice a heavy Russian accent on them.**

biggrin.gif

------------------

Commander Pablo-Diablo

ICV-Skreaming Falkon

Spectre Starstation

"Efficiency is the key

to victory, use all the rescources available around you and during battle be Honorable, Not Noble. "

hehe been watching the topic run wild :P

{RP}

Bosch looks a wolfe and shakes his head

"I Can't see why they didn't give you that office sooner that james has some ..problems"

Bosch takes a swig and pulls out a datapad and pushes it over to wolfe

"Heres some reports you might want to look over before heading out again..the bunnies seem to be doing somthing..and the raiders are running around crazy.."

{/RP}

Well hope this one goes on as long as the last one did smile.gif

------------------

COMMANDER BOSCH

ORION FLEET

LOGISTICS OFFICER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - OBENBONE

[rp]

Darien looked to Bosch and nodded, taking the reports. He shuffled through them with a wry smile.

"Always something going on in this crazy Universe. Blades is going to love this."

He took another swig of his drink and chuckled softly.

"Only the Insurgents would call a cargo ship, the Fairy Queen."

Wolfe shook his head and laughed.

[/rp]

OOC - *GRINS*

------------------

CMDR DARIEN "WOLF" WOLFE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLEGROUP

GCV - THE BLACKSTAR

Guest Damasceus Klark

[rp]

Damasceus walked over to Stroiker's table, walking like it had taken him half a week to get there.

He sautered up to Stroiker, looked him over, gave a quizical eyebrow raise to his friend David, and started the conversation with one of his favorite openers.

"Howdy!" he said in the voice that only comes out for meeting somebody new. It was the voice that said: If I say something about your hair, are you going to mutalate my body into teeny little parts and use me in soup?

He used the voice again. It sounded something like:

"How ya doing? Me and Davy-Boy over there couldn't help noticing that...uh" suddenly his mind blanked out. Well, it had taken him almost a week to walk across the lounge (well, at least in his mind).

"Uh...oh, yeah! We saw you looking at us from our place over at the bar, and were...uh...curious as to if you'd join us in our talks about, well, whatever it is that we're talking about?"

Damasceus was at a somewhat loss of words. In that whole week in his head he had somehow had a nice camping adventure, going boating a few times, and having a great time all together.

"Wow!!!" Damasceus didn't say. He then proceeded not to say "How'd I just go through a week in one little stroll across the lounge?"

[rp]

Hope that that was a good opener. Never had a good opening statement on me.

------------------

Damasceus "Shiva" Klark

Wraith Fleet HQ

=Wraith Fleet=

Guest Kirk Stroiker

And a fine opener it was too! cool.gif Thanks Klark.

[rp]14:46

After a couple more sips, Kirk started to relax... and then it happened.

"Howdy!"

Kirk turned and saw the drunken man standing right in front of him!

'Perfect timing', Kirk thought sarcastically and then, hiding his expression, said, "Huh? Oh hi."

"How ya doing? Me and Davy-Boy over there couldn't help noticing that...uh"

Kirk thought quickly, 'Okay what do I do? ...Um, act busy', and said, "uh-hmm..."

"Uh...oh, yeah! We saw you looking at us from our place over at the bar, and were...uh...curious as to if you'd join us in our talks about, well, whatever it is that we're talking about?"

Kirk put his arm up on the bar revealing his badge as he said, "Sure"[/rp]

------------------

Cmdr. Kirk Stroiker

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kirk Stroiker

Hey um guys, I set the date too far ahead. redface.gif I think that the second Gammulan war is erupting now! Check the Timeline - 3000AD to 3015AD. We need to wrap this up and get to the war (or I need to edit my first post again).

[This message has been edited by Kirk Stroiker (edited 06-29-2000).]

Yes, gents, Kirk is quite correct. If his timestamp is correct, then GalCom has been at war for over 4 months now. And you Wraithers at Orion HQ should be thanking your lucky stars you're still alive. We got slaughtered by the Gamms while running from Rinaal, FYI. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

Stationed, *Starstation Wrath

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way." - John Paul Jones

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

Dragon - Order of the Jade Dragon

Prime Fleet Liason Officer

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kirk Stroiker

Well it's time for me to make an exit.

[rp]14:32 07.21.3008

JupiterSol

Orion starstation

-------------------------

The poor (and now, not so drunk) pilot was taken completely by surprise! Protocol instantly took over and he snapped to attention, executing a perfect salute.

"At ease, pilot", Kirk said saluting back. "Name?"

"Damasceus Klark, sir", he said as Kirk quickly finished his glass.

"Kirk Stroiker", Kirk said standing up. The two men walked around the bar to the place were David sat watching them.

"So Klark, what are you doing hear at Orion and not in Syrius", Kirk said on the way.

"Well, sir, I've been escorting David Liev, Commander of Wraith Fighter Command, around the Terran Quadrant", Damasceus said as they approached Liev's chair.

"Commander David Liev, this is Commander Kirk Stroiker", Klark said.

"Glad to meet you Commander Stroiker", Liev said shaking Kirk's hand.

*Commlink beeps*

"Excuse me", Kirk said switching his wrist comlink on, "yes Comms."

"Commander, all replacements and critical repairs are complete. We've bought all necessary parts to complete the unfinished repairs and the ship is now ready for launch."

"Thank you, Lieutenant", Kirk switched the commlink off, "sorry for the interruption gentlemen, but I got to get back to Syrius."

"Oh well, that's okay Commander. We may meet again", Liev said.

"That we may gentlemen. Nice meeting you both", Kirk said standing up.

"Yeah, nice meeting you too", Klark said smiling.

Kirk made his way towards the exit wondering if he would survive this tour. Time will tell.[/rp]

And thus, my first multi-role-play session is complete. biggrin.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Kirk Stroiker

• 3 weeks later...

[rp]

LIEV! The name is LIEV! Levi was a Jewish prophet! Liev is a proud family line going back to pre-Communist Russia, who for 3 generations made pianos and chairs for the Czar. Get it right!

[rp]

No hards feeling, Kirk, but I'm not fond of my name being mis-spelled. Please fix.

And back to the lounge...

[rp]

LIEV watched the newly acquainted Cmdr. Stroiker walk out of the lounge. Aside from the gross groundhog mispronouncing of his name, Stroiker seemed all right. He hoped he was wiser on this TOD (for in Liev's opinion only fools need "critical repairs"), and came back so they could talk more.

Out of curiosity, Liev brought up the profile of Stroiker. He sneezed as the computer has processing, snarled, and glanced at the file. Ah, he thought, he's from Prime. That explains everything.

[rp]

------------------

*Fighter Commander

Sationed, Wraith HQ

"The underestimated weapon will deal overestimated havoc."

ICQ # 78084562 (GMT -8)

=Wraith Fleet=