GALCOM or the INSURGENCY?

Guest WarSongDeathMARK

Guest WarSongDeathMARK

I wish to sport my new sig..

------------------

Cmdr. WarSong of the GCV Suicidal Insanity, I'm a sick man..

"Why SHOOT FISH in a barrel when you can just BLOW THEM UP?"

ICQ 1800814

(RP)

Commander, with your own words you have re-confirmed what we of the Insurgency have maintained all along. Galcom is nothing more than the Lapdogs of the UFN! Thank you very much for that revelation to the rest of your cohorts in crime. Now run along little boy, back to the safety of your Galcommie fleet before some Insurgent that I cannot always control finds you and puts you out of both YOUR and Galcom's Misery. Hurry now, it's getting dark!

(/RP)

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester,Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Still Kickin' after all these years!"

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 07-02-2000).]

[rp]

Well, Rattler, I was actually quoting your whipping boy, Aramike, but since you commented, I might as well quote you as well....

Rattler:

quote:

It's always been the way of the Insurgent to allow members to exercise FREE Thought and WILL. We Never Draft Members, Volunteers ONLY!

If this is so than, why do you have a Recriutment Officer? Oh, wait, I mean a Propaganda Officer, cause that is all he is. What's he gonna do, brag about his "Banana" collection? Eh, Oliver?

quote:

I'll choose, instead, to send out one of my Lady Commanders.....

Go ahead, make my day. I care not weather this pansy is male, or female. Don't think for a minute that I WON't kill her just because she is woman; if it is Red, it is Dead! Just make sure all of her affairs are in order, first.

Speaking of, just make sure your Geritol is upto date, Old Man, cause your gonna need it!

Now for you Cmdr Warsong:

quote:

And resorting to childish name calling shows just how much GALCOM AND the Insurgancey need to grow up. BTW, I seek a postion in one of the GALCOM fleets, the insurgants obviously need better leadership before they can be considered a valid military threat. And I wish to volunteer in the offensive tactics against the Gammulans and Valkries, the insurgancy concerns me not.

Commander, you are stepping close to a court marshall for these remarks. You need to realize that when you become a member of Galactic Command, you vowel to defend the Terran Quadrant from any and ALL enemys, foreign and Domestic! As for looking for a fleet, I can tell that Orion is not for your weak stomach, or heart.

[/RP]

cool.gif

------------------

CMDR GREG 'GMAN' MILLER

ORION FLEET

FLEET EXECUTIVE OFFICER

T.B.G. NIGHTWATCH COMMANDER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

Guest WarSongDeathMARK

RP

You really should talk to someone who gives a d@mn.

To your challenge:

Bring'em on baby!

My pilots and PTA system need the target practice.

There will come a day, when the insurgancy will have it's ultimate victory, of this I am sure.

And this is not to say the victory will be on the battle feild, as it shouldn't, for as such a victory would be pointless.

And that victory is not today. I predict that one day, galcom and the insurgancy will find themselves fighting side by side, in a reunion of our race, too long separated. I choose to join Galcom for PERSONAL gain, not for any foolish cause.

I want my crew to survive, to fight and live, to struggle and endure. I want for my crew to go home alive, and the best way to insure this is to avail myself of galcom resources.

A commander's first priority is his ship and crew, if you fail to see this, than you are a bigger fool than i at first anticipated.

I might be a GALCOM member, but i sympathise with the insurgancy for one reason and one reason only, if we don't take care of earth, who will?

I see an insurgant vessel as any another vessel, and if any vessel, of any nationality attacks MY ship, endangering MY crew, there will be retaliation. The only reason I would strike any insurgant unprovoked would be for following orders, and the orders had better

d@mn well explain why it is I am killing my brothers.

------------------

ICQ 18008144

Guest WarSongDeathMARK

RP

A note to my superior officers:

Keep in mind, I will carry out my mission objectives. Just don't expect me to destroy Insurgant or other lesser fleet vessels with out a reason that could not be defended in court martial. I will not become an oppressor of those who speak their minds, but the minute they begin to fire, just try to hold me back.

The insurgants are a pityfull lot of dotty scholars, mixed with criminals and raiders with nothing better to do. They pose little real threat.

/RP/

------------------

ICQ 18008144

[rp]

Cmdr. Warsong, we are of one mind. I am amazed at the similarities you and I share in our views toward this conflict. Both of us see the petty and misguided strugle between these two organizations, both looking for the common good, both seeing the same side of a coin, but reading it from different angles. I feel very hopeful for this galaxy, for if more understand what you and I both do, the human race will be marked in the histroy books as the most civilized civilization to ever emerge from the slimes of primordial ooze.

quote:

Commander Liev, you and I both know full well that your words came with no hidden agendas. Give it up.

Uh? Oh, I understand. You belive that what a person says and does is always completely obvious to you, and further explanations are only cover-ups for a slip of the tounge or a mistake in speech. I'll remember that next time I find myself up against Spectre Sation. "Feit tactics will always prevail against Cmdr. Aramike, because he will take everything at face value". Thanks for the intell!

[rp]

I'm mean, aren't I? smile.gif

------------------

Commander David "Whisper" Liev

*Fighter Commander

Sationed, Wraith HQ

"The underestimated weapon will deal overestimated havoc."

ICQ # 78084562

=Wraith Fleet=

Guest aramike01

quote:

I'm mean, aren't I?

Don't you dare pat yourself on the back yet! wink.gif

[RP]

Lemme guess: you're going to get your butt kicked and then say, "I planned on that. It's part of my overall scheme."

Heh, sounds to me like someone covering and making excuses for mistakes simply by justifying them via calling them part of the plan itself!

Secondly, no commander worth a grain of salt who uses your "show them what you want them to see" stretegy would publically broadcast the use of said strategy. That would defeat the purpose, right?

For all you know, the Insurgency may be employing such as strategy at this very moment. Then again, we may not be.

But we're not going to tell you!

[/RP]

How you like that? biggrin.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

[This message has been edited by aramike01 (edited 07-03-2000).]

[RP]

quote:

I choose to join Galcom for PERSONAL gain, not for any foolish cause.

I want my crew to survive, to fight and live, to struggle and endure. I want for my crew to go home alive, and the best way to insure this is to avail myself of galcom resources.

If that's the case, then you never should've enlisted in the first place. GalCom doesn't recruit Commanders who are only interested in increasing their bank accounts. That lowly distinction is placed on the Mercenaries, or the Assassians.

Our cause is not now, nor ever has been a foolish one. I don't know where you came from or who it is your fighting for, but none of us enlisted in GalCom for profit. Personally, I enlisted because I wanted to fly. My father was a yard engineer, and built starships. From the first time I looked at one, I wanted to pilot it. And so I went to the Academy. Now, I'm the Commander of a Galactan-class Battlecruiser.

Over the years, my priorities have changed. I learned what it is to serve, and what duty, honor, and loyalty are really about. And if you had taken time and paid attention in the Academy, you would not think that personal gain is one of a GalCom officers duties.

I am here to protect the Terran Quadrant. If you bothered to look over our own regulations you would notice this;

quote:

3. Protect all Terran assets and those of GALCOM member nations against hostile acts. These include the protection of all bases, stations, and ships operating within the Terran quadrant and their allies.

We are here to protect, and to serve our country. Obtaining a higher profit margin is not part of our calling. If it is part of yours, I suggest another line of service for you.

quote:

I might be a GALCOM member, but i sympathise with the insurgancy for one reason and one reason only, if we don't take care of earth, who will?

Exactly who has been taking care of the government for almost seven hundred years. That's right son, the UFN has been functioning for over half a millenium. If you haven't taken notice yet, it's that longest running government in the history of humanity. Do you see the Earth in ruins? Does nuclear fire and destruction boil across her surface? I certainly hope not, since I only visited my home on Earth a few weeks ago. And might I add that sympathizing with a nation hostile to GalCom comes close to treason in the minds of many. Treasonous officers don't belong in This Man's Navy, or anyone else's for that matter.

quote:

The only reason I would strike any insurgent unprovoked would be for following orders, and the orders had better

d@mn well explain why it is I am killing my brothers.

Here's where we get to the real meat of the discussion. Why would you want to be killing Insurgents? I'm as moral as the next man, and I don't care to kill anyone. But sometimes the fortunes of war don't avail us of that opportunity. And it does not do so with the Insurgents. Do you think they were concerned when they came barreling out from behind a nebula, and attacked a defenseless GalCom vessel, killing my Commander in 2990? Does it make me feel good knowing that her death put me in the command chair? No, it doesn't. Why are you supposed to attack the Insurgents? Because they make no formal declaration, because they simply slip out of the shadows and strike. I ask you is that honorable?

quote:

Just don't expect me to destroy Insurgent or other lesser fleet vessels with out a reason that could not be defended in court martial.

And that son, is what will land you in a court-martial before you can say the words "Excuse me?" Not following your orders can be construed as "Dereliction of duty", "Disobedience of a superior officer", "Desertion", and "Cowardice in the face of the Enemy". The court-martial in question would be your own, and if I'm correct a few of those are capital offenses.

When I did my own swearing in I swore to support and defend the Constitution of the Galactic Command against all enemies, foreign or domestic; that I would bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I took that obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I would well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I was about to enter: So help me God.

Maybe you didn't swear the same oath to defend GalCom, and if you didn't you don't belong here. Benefit your ship and crew all you want, but it sounds to me like money is your only reason for service. We do this job because we love it. Starship service is only profitable for the heart of those who enjoy serving their country to the best of their ability. I do, and so do those under my command. If you wish to serve, do so for the right reasons. Profit is not one of them.

[/RP]

No offense, Warsong, but you gave me some good material to rant on. wink.gif

EDIT: Didn't notice this the first time around;

quote:

The insurgants are a pityfull lot of dotty scholars, mixed with criminals and raiders with nothing better to do. They pose little real threat.

That would've ruined a good portion of my piece right there. smile.gif

BTW, I was wondering if anyone had or knew where to find a copy of the Royal Navy's Articles of War. I've been considering modifying it for BC. Thanks. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

Stationed, *Starstation Wrath

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way." - John Paul Jones

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

Dragon - Order of the Jade Dragon

Prime Fleet Liason Officer

[This message has been edited by Ben Somerset (edited 07-03-2000).]

quote:

If this is so than, why do you have a Recriutment Officer? Oh, wait, I mean a Propaganda Officer, cause that is all he is. What's he gonna do, brag about his "Banana" collection? Eh, Oliver?

Word travels fast in a small world, eh? Unfortunately, each and every one who signs up does not because of my... how did you put it, GalCommie? Yes... Propaganda...

All Propaganda that needs to be spread is being spread by you and your type, tiny GBoy.

Personally, I don't really care about what you, "file manager" Blades or any other red wimp mumbles. Go on, we grow stronger every day and every time you stand up and yell to the world how bad we are and how good and strong you are, fighting us evil bunnies I hear fear and the more you scream and yell, the more interesting it gets for your fellow Commanders, preferably young ones, and the more work is being done by me filling in applies

In the last days of World War II, the German Wochenschau persistently tried to convince the population that the war went great for the German forces.

But guess who lost the war?

------------------

Cmdr. Oliver Hasenau

Spectre Fleet

The Dojo StarStation

ICV Vengeance

[email protected]

Chief Security Officer

Guest WarSongDeathMARK

RP

Why do we bother?

Why do we fight amongst ourselves?

Why do we trivialize, and scrutinize the WRONG statments?

GALCOM? INSUGANCY? There seems to be little diffrence. I follow orders, I do what is needed to ensure the completion of mission objective. My personal views be d@mned, for they matter not when my orders are not in question. If any part of my mission is left to my descretion, I wil act as the galcom officer I am. My personal views do not reflect those of GALCOM or my crew, nor will they EVER effect my loyalty to GALCOM.

/RP/

How many insurgants does it take to change a light bulb?

It depends who thinks they're in charge.

How many GALCOM officers does it take to change the same light bulb?

It'll never happen, they'll be too busy debateing the ramifications.

------------------

ICQ 18008144

Pick a bloody fleet and be done with it already rolleyes.gif

TTFN

------------------

Commander Gallion

GCV Graf Spee

*1st Squadron, *Corsair Wing

Stationed, *Starbase Cerberus

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

ICQ# 29486270, EST (GMT-5)

=Wraith Fleet=

Second in Command, Wraith Fleet

Bushi of the Dragon Council

Yeah, Pick a fleet and be done with it, Just as long as it's NOT Insurgent. I hates indicision and, Commander, Those Lemmings over at Orion are more decisive than you are. I'd suggest UCV for you as they have no loyalties or convictions.

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester,Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Still Kickin' after all these years!"

Guest aramike01

ROTFLMAO!!!

[RP]

Seriously, I don't think that Blades needs to fill that position any time soon. Knowing his style, he probably prefers to move his files personally...with the protection of his entire fleet, of course!

[/RP]

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

[RP]

quote:

[...] and the orders had better d@mn well explain why [...]

Excuse my ignorance, but why should orders explain anything? They are given, and are to be followed. That's all, Commander. Dismissed!

[/RP]

TTFN (as Gallion would say. wink.gif)

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Joe Gudihl

GCV-Dark Star

Prime Fleet

Dragon - Order of Jade Dragon

"Remember, we are trained professionals... Don't try this at home!"

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Hey, come on, guys, give him a little slack. ItÔÇÖs a big decision he has to make, and itÔÇÖs one he wonÔÇÖt be able to change later, so let him take his time.

Warsong, you seem to have upset a few people with some of those comments, especially about your reasons for joining galcom, and I think thereÔÇÖs been some confusion and misunderstandings about your motives there, so hereÔÇÖs what I suggest. Fill out an ISS application form (you can find them here) not necessarily as an application to ISS, and think about each part carefully, especially the part about beliefs, values and morals. Then post it up here, so everyone can see what your character is all about and what he stands for, then I think fleet commanders/personnel staff might start to look at you in a different light, see where those comments came from and where youÔÇÖd best fit in.

As for you insurgents, well, this isnÔÇÖt the kind of rp I like, but what the hey:

[rp] You say that the UFN is spending too many resources on space exploration and in itÔÇÖs relations and treaties with alien races, and that earth should come first above all others. Excuse me if IÔÇÖm wrong, but that sounds to me very much like,

ÔÇ£The problems of other worlds are not our concern.ÔÇØ

We need to form all the alliances we can to be able to stand against the greatest galactic threat there is- the gammulans. You have fought against them. You know what they are like. One nation or race is not strong enough on its own to survive their onslaught. Unless we band together:

When they allied with the Valkyrie and invaded the Falkyrie, we were not Falkyrie and said, ÔÇ£it is so far away, our borders are secure.ÔÇØ

When they overran the Mandorians and Kandorians, we were not one of them and said, ÔÇ£it is not our concern, we must not worry ourselves.ÔÇØ

When they captured the Credians and Zelons, we began to be afraid, but then we said, ÔÇ£now they have enough and will be satisfied. Do not be afraid, we are at peace!ÔÇØ

When they invaded the Syrions and Droidans, we were not one of them and said, ÔÇ£it is the way of things. It is their right to war on whom they please. Our children are all sheltered and well fed. Why now provoke them with hostility?ÔÇØ

When they wiped away the Empirians and Vesperons, we sighed and said, ÔÇ£ÔÇÖtis only fair. We told them that their bickering would be their end. The universe is better off without them. This must now be enough for them and now the peace will last. Why would they ever want to war on us?ÔÇØ

When at last they came for us, we were most dismayed and said, ÔÇ£Why does no-one come along and help us?ÔÇØ

If you ever came to power on earth, you would form alliances and maintain a space fleet. I find it very hard to believe that you who have depended on space trade and resources for military vessels and equipment would give it up as soon as you gained power. You know that earthÔÇÖs economy depends upon galactic trade. The trading lanes have to be policed and protected from the raiders and criminals we know you also despise. If we do not do it, who will? We help other worlds and races because we can, and because we need each other. We are not trying to form an empire to combat an empire, but an alliance to combat an empire, as well as do many other things.

You say that the UFN is corrupt and abuses its power. I hate both of those things and I do everything in my power to combat and bring to justice any individual I come across who is guilty of those things. There are corrupt individuals, but there are also very many people within the UFN who are good public servants. It happens time after time that when a military organisation takes over a government as you hope to do, a dictatorship results, not a democracy. You seek to overcome with military force those who oppose you now. Do you really think that will not continue if you get into power? [/rp]

IÔÇÖd better leave it there or IÔÇÖll not get anything else done today smile.gif

Later,

------------------

Cmdr. Ben Zwycky

GCV Svoboda, ISS08

Adjutant to the Fleet Commander

ISS Fleet Recruiting Officer

Director, CIOPS Directorate of Training and Administration

Initiate - Order of Jade Dragon

ISS Fleet Homepage

GCV Svoboda Homepage

"Nakonec pravda vitezi" (in the end the truth wins)

[This message has been edited by Ben Zwycky (edited 07-04-2000).]

Keep it up guys, this is very entertaining biggrin.gif

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. Londono

GCV Usagi

*Fleet Command

"Hard,Fast, Furious...FIRST!"

ICQ 6955087 EST

=Wraith Fleet=

Guest WarSongDeathMARK

thanks for the idea

Name: Joe "WarSong" Dehler

Email: [email protected]

ICQ Number (UIN): 18008144

Name of Vessel: Suicidal Insanity

(In honor of Douglas Adams 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' books)

Physical Description: Large Frame Bipedal Humanoid, Genetic structure shows mostly Native American heritage with Angle-Hispanic mixed in for good measure.

Beliefs, Values, and Morals: I believe the insurgancy to be a nusance, they will one day realize that their current path leads to self destruction, I hope that some day the insurgancy will mature and join GALCOM to Liberate the galaxy of the Gammulan-Valkrie Threat to humanity.

History: I watch TV.

Benefits and Faults: I act on my impulses, but rarely without considering the outcome. I weigh my choices VERY carfully, and act on the choice that allows me victory with little losses. I'm a damn good fighter pilot. I step on ppls toes, and don't often get the chance to ask forgiveness. I enjoy consuming enemy assets in the fire that destroys without haveing risked so much as a nutripak.

What is your speciality?

Advanced Combat Manuvering (ACM),Dogfighting.

Efficient Tactical Deployment of available assets.

Which Wing do you wish to join?

Which ever one will take this pariah.

Prefer Tactical Strike

Closing Comments: Today is a good day to die.

------------------

ICQ 18008144

So you're a good fighter pilot, eh? To my knowlage, Wraith is the only Fleet to offer a place for pilots, and an intelligent and thoughtful pilot, as you seem to be, is just the sort we're looking for. Even better, we got a deal going with the other Fleets, and yo don't have to be a Wraith commander to fly in Wraith Fighter Command. Check out the website (my "Homepage" in my profile) and drop us a line!

------------------

Commander David "Whisper" Liev

*Fighter Commander

Sationed, Wraith HQ

"The underestimated weapon will deal overestimated havoc."

ICQ # 78084562

=Wraith Fleet=

Guest WarSongDeathMARK

The gammulans would never expect, or survive a combined GALCOM/Insurgant fleet. Once the gammulans are elliminated, then the insurgancy can nurse mother earth back to health. then and only then will we be able to lay the insurgance torest, with full honor.

Guest WarSongDeathMARK

Consider this discussion I started closed, all though I don't have authourity to close,I won't be checking it no matter how many replies are posted.