Honor Bound...

Well giving my writing skills a try I had to pull down the cobwebbed books and crack my rusty knuckles. If you don't mind I'd like to try my hand at writing a bit. Mwahaha.

[rp]

The neon lights overhead flicker slightly as the tall bright eyed Commander Akuma Kii Minako leans against the metalic wall just outside her quarters. The gentle hum of the machenery and the static of voices both happy and serious echo down the hallway.

Well I'm finally here. It took me forever but I'm here now.

Several security personelle walk by and she lowers her eyes so as not to call attention to herself. Staring down at the floor she shuffles he foot and watches her boot with remote intrest. This sure as hell wasn't my idea of fun.

Straightening she deftly brushes down the front of her uniform smoothing it out and turns on her heel. Making her way down the hallway the woman looks around searching for signs of a garden of any kind.

Millions and millions of miles away from Earth, I've been out here for years and yet I still can't get over the fact that I miss home.

Home...It sounded so warm.

The girl salutes some of her higherups as they pass by and then continues in her search. The metalic walls and click of her boots on the artifical grounds of the ship makes her shiver.

Peace...It seems like such an unfamiliar name.

Suddenly feeling faintly dizzy Akuma Minako reaches out to grasp the wall to steady herself. An ensign turns the corner just at that moment and looks at her.

"Are you alright commander?" The boy blinks at her. He looks almost nineteen maybe not even that old.

She smiles faintly and shakes her head. "No I'm fine." She shakes her head. "I'm just a bit homesick." Closing her eyes she despretly tries to keep her tears from showing. Clenching her fists she reaches out firmly and places her hand on the boy's shoulder.

"Ma'am?" The boy seems shocked by her gesture and stiffens a bit. "Ma'am should I call for a medic?"

Akuma opens her eyes and looks the boy in the eyes. "Don't be reckless." She says quietly. "Don't do what I did."

The boys eyes widen. Being used to orders and formallity he never expected to be addressed by a commander with such human intrest. "Ma'am?" He sutters and shifts under her hand.

The woman like an overprotective mother runs a hand through the boys hair and then draws back from him. "I'm serious. You should be at home with your family." She seems almost distant as she speaks, her hand shakes a bit and she goes to her knees the ensign kneels down beside her intrest and concern in his eyes. "I got where I am now by being reckless. I'm not happy. I'd give anything to be home right now."

The ensigns eyes widen. "I'm happy ma'am. I'm afraid I don't understand." The boy stutters and shifts obviously uncomfortable with the womans straightforward approach.

Akuma closes her eyes and draws a hand up to grasp the violet pieces of hair that hang down at the sides of her face. Her hand tenses and tears like droplets of rain glimmer in the artificial light as they splash onto the metalic floor. "I was a fool." She looks at him. "What's your name?"

The boy blinks for a moment taken aback by the openess and informality of the commander and debates weather to drag her off to a psych for analysis. "Avery." They boy says quietly. "Avery Johnson."

She smiles faintly a tear every now and then snaking down the side of her face. "I'm Akuma Minako." her voice has become hushed and shakey.

"Perhaps we should get you some help ma'am." The boy says starting to stand.

"No Avery. I need to talk to someone." Her hand darts up and pulls him back down. "And just call me Akuma. I'm just as human as you are." She lets go of him and stares at her hands for a moment or two.

Avery settles back down on the floor and watches the woman with intrest now. "Are you sure you don't want to go talk to someone who's familiar with this kind of thing ma'am?"

Akuma shakes her head. "It's Akuma, Avery forget protocol. That's not my style." She looks up as another group of security personelle walk by casting the two curious glances. "Perhaps we should go elsewhere. My quarters arn't too far away. Will you come with me?" she stands slowly offering the boy her hand.

Avery takes the extended hand and stands uneasly. Akuma leads him down the hallway and into a small room. The room is decorated with japanese wooden screens and beautiful pieces of artwork. In the single window of her quarters is a bonzai tree flourishing with violet flowers. Avery looks around him in awe. In all of the quarters he saw just necessities, here he saw pleasure, personal pleasure. he almost forgot he was on a ship. It looked like a room from earth.

She smiles and gestures at a couch. "Take a seat. Can I get you anything Avery?" Akuma moves towards the food unit and takes a cup of somthing. "Some Sake perhaps?" She pauses for a moment. "you're off duty right?"

"I'll try some Sake." Avery takes a seat on the couch and shrugs. "Yeah, I'm off duty." He looks around confused and in awe all at the same time. "This is extrodinary Akuma." The boy stammers out.

Akuma grabs another cup of Sake and smiles. "You like it? I'm quite sure that if Karl ever found out that my room was this elaborate I'd be in a lot of trouble."

Avery jumped as Akuma sits down beside him. "Karl?" he says startled.

She smiles. "I told you I'm not the same as most commanders kid." She shakes her head. "You'd know him as Fleet Commander Savage."

Avery took the drink and took a sip then chokes abruptly. "Wha?!"

Akuma smiles "Strong stuff eh?" She winks at him. "That too would get me in more trouble then it's really worth. That's japanese ale. Alchohol. It's relaxing sometimes. But it's also very potent stuff."

Avery takes another cautious sip and moves uneasly as silence settles over the room. He notices that this room has a different feel. A bright song startles the man into shock.

Akuma lets out a laugh and stands moving behind a screen and coming out with a cage in hand. "This would be the clincher that would get me shipped back home." She shrugs. "Though I don't see why." She opens the cage and puts a suggestive hand into the open door.

Avery's breath caught in his throat as a small yellow bird hopped onto the womans hand.

Akuma places the cage back on the ground then moves to sit beside him. "Now Avery. Let me tell you about recklessness."

Avery nods. "Is that a canary?" he says quietly.

Akuma blinks then takes Avery's hand gently and smiles. "Hold out your hand."

Avery held his hand very still as the little bird hopped onto it and began singing immedietly. "How did you get it on here?"

Akuma smiles. "I had a friend of mine deliver it by freight." She laughs. "It's directly from earth. A goldfinch. They look very much like the canary but they have the black markings." She points the the black tips of it's wings. "Now, shall we get on with the story?"

Avery nods vaguly as he holds the little bird on the tip of his index finger.

Akuma lowers her eyes and takes a moment to think her words through. "It was around my eighteenth birthday." She closes her eyes.

Akuma, younger looking smiles at a group of friends at what looks to be a graduation ceremony. She is dressed in a black dress with violet flaring up around the base of the gown. Laughing and dancing to the music blaring over speakers just above the groups head she looks carefree. Her parents stand off to the side recording the event with pride all over their faces.

Suddenly from the main entrance a group of men dressed in military uniforms carrying guns and granades burst through the entrance and open fire on the group.

Hundreds scatter. Most of them being mowed down by the guns. Blood everywhere. People crying, screaming, dying right in front of Akuma's eyes. In the midst of the turmoil Akuma stands too shocked to move and to scared to get out of the way.

One of the men in uniforms approaches her cautiously and tackles her down dragging her behind the line of murderers. Wrenching her hands behind her back he clasps her wrists together with handcuffs. There are about a dozen others near her all of them also handcuffed. Most of them are wounded or unconcious.

Akuma watches as the men kill her friends, family, teachers, and fellow student. With a strangled cry the girl gets to her feet and attempts to escape through a window to her far left.

The man who had tied her up notices her bold attempt and tries to get a hold of her. His hand lands around one of her ankles and she desperatly fights to get him off of her. His hand holds firmly to her ankle his other hand attempting to grab the other. His attempts and her desperation rip the dress to shreds and finally the man gets a hold of both of her ankles. She goes down in a heap.

The gunfire dies down. Many of the men walk around shooting down those not quite dead yet or taking those who arn't wounded severly and imprisoning them along with the ones Akuma had been with.

Out of fluke she looks up to see her younger brother Tenchi being dragged screaming from his mothers cold, lifeless arms. Screaming Akuma desperatly tries to get to her brother.

Two of the men restrain Tenchi between them holding on to his arms. The little thirteen year old struggles kicking desperatly to get out of their grasp. Another of the men draws a laser rifle and raises it, pointing it at he little brother.

"NO! DON'T!" Akuma could hear her self repeating the same desperate cry over and over attempting to raise her voice over the moans and cry of the dead and dying. "LEAVE HIM ALONE!"

Akuma watched as countless times over and over in her mind the same scene played before she realized it was over.

The smirk on the mens face as he pressed the trigger...

Tenchi calling out her name, tears marring his face...

A sudden jerk of Tenchi's body...

The men letting go of Tenchi's arms and he little brother falling down, over and over, in a lifeless heap...

With a second wind the girl gets to her feet kicking the man off of her and making a second attempt for the window.

A gun shot.

With white spots of pain dancing in her eyes she falls through the window down three stories to the ground.

Looking up at the sky, dazed and confused the young Akuma Minako lay, tears falling from her eyes, confusion in her mind...Sorrow...Darkness...Hatred.

The sky brightened with the morning sun and footsteps echoed in her ears as a shadow bent over her. Finally blackness claimed her.

"When I woke up I was in the academy." She shakes her head. "With no family left, no friends, I struggled to make a name for myself." She finishes off her third cup of Sake and closes her eyes. "Today's Tenchi's birthday. I used to take him to a park or a garden on his birthday and we would have a drink of Sake and tell eachother stories till the sun rose. The we would watch the sunrise together, just the two of us."

Avery's eyes are wide now with sympathy and worry. "It must have been horriable for you." He whispers.

"It was. And now I've left Japan behind and started a new life. But I'm never happy. I never will be." She closes her eyes. "I don't even remember who rescued me and took me to the academy. All I know is that I was there...Away from home and all alone." She shakes her head. "I suppose I should have been grateful that fate gave me somthing to live on...But."

Avery takes Akuma's hand and places the small bird in her hand gently. The bird churrups and he smiles. "If you're at peace with yourself anyplace is home Commander." He smiles. "That's what my grandma told me before she died."

Akuma looks up at him. "T...Thank you." She stands and places the bird back in it's cage then places a hand on a nearby counter. "It's been too long since I've had an actual friend. Everyone else here is so much older than me." She turns to smile at him, her eyes gleaming with unshed tears. "I must scare you being this open."

Avery laughs uneasly. "I'm not used to it but yes, you scare me a bit. I've never seen a commander be so open, so truthful." He stands and makes his way to Akuma's side. "Tell me somthing?"

Akuma looks into the boys eyes and grins. "What?"

"Why did you tell me all of this?" He took her hand and covers it with both of his.

"When I saw you in the corridor..." She falters. "You reminded me so much of Tenchi that I knew right there that for some reason it was you who had to hear it." She looks down at his hands. "Formallity and protocol is all fine and well but nothing is more important to me than friendship. Since I'm new here, it's hard to talk to people."

Avery smiles softly pressing somthing into her palm then turns and opens the door. "You chose right." He saluted her once then leaves the room. "Keep that, my grandma gave me that. She told me that if I had that there was no reason to miss her. Maybe it will help you to no longer miss your friends and family, especially your brother."

When the door slid shut Akuma opened her palm and gazed down at a tiny charm. The charm glinted in the light from the roof and tears splashed down on it.

Two tiny angel wings joined by a samauri sword...Tenchi...Angel.

[/rp]

And that is my desperate attempt to write a story! Thank you for taking the time to read it and tell me what you think.

Btw Rattler, I was thinking perhaps to make the men Insurgents, but they don't have to be. If you're interested let me know! I also was thinking of the mysterious person saving my life to be you. You know for story purposes. It would be kinda fun. ^_- Or another Insurgent. Any ideas?

------------------

AKUMA MINAKO

ORION FLEET

GCV- TENCHI

DETERRENCE BATTLE GROUP

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

"War is the plague of Mankind, created by Mankind."

[This message has been edited by Akuma Minako (edited 07-05-2000).]

Akuma, I would rather not have those uncivilized personnel be Insurgents. That's not what the Insurgency is all about. We would never attack inocent civilians. We only attack those that hunt us. As for the story, Great Start! You do indeed have the ability to spin a yarn or two. Keep it alive and going strong. If you want that rescue to have been performed by myself, then so be it. You've earned it with this story. Try not to make me too much of an ogre' though! rolleyes.gif

We Insurgents do believe in protecting those that cannot do it for themselves. The Academy would have been the right place to leave you. We would NOT have brought you to the Insurgency. That's one trip that each and every member must decide for themselves, and then follow their own helm and heart. cool.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester,Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Still Kickin' after all these years!"

Yea! Well actually I was going to make you out to be a hero of a sorts! Kind of logical! Hey it'd be interesting to meet up with you...She wouldn't know who you were but I'm sure you would know who I was!

I'll make the others just a rival school up for some sort of revenge! Mwahahaha.

Anyway thank you! I'll definetly keep it up! You rock Rattler!

------------------

AKUMA MINAKO

ORION FLEET

GCV- TENCHI

DETERRENCE BATTLE GROUP

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

Akuma, I disagree with Rattler (but not on what Insurgents are...). You should make them Insurgents. Your perception of the identity of the men doesn't necessarily make it fact.

Your character may have seen Insurgents when in reality they were agents of EarthCOM. It's natural for large corrupt organizations to utilize terror in order to produce public sympathy smile.gif

Just some fodder for thought.

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. Akira

Spectre

ICV-Nevermore

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

A small point. There are splinter groups of Insurgents mentioned in the manual. Fair game to me. smile.gif

------------------

Commander Chavik

Spectre Fleet

ICV Phoenix

Official BC3K Tester

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Yes, but what time frame are we talking here? Have any of YOU seen any splinter groups to date? I haven't! Akuma, If you want to call them Insurgents, (like Ron said) then go ahead and recognize them as such. Maybe Ron and I can come in and disclose just exactly who they were. biggrin.gif"><P>There

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester,Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Still Kickin' after all these years!"

Well with the Insurgency, Akuma has always felt that they're an honorable group just trying to find a way to get their word accross. She's always held them with high respect. So I'm not sure...I guess as Foss pointed out I could have just made them out to be raiders...

I wouldn't have know who the Insurgents were when I was eighteen. Also another problem for you Rattler. Akuma is now currently 21 I believe. So this took place three years ago. How did you end up on earth?

Anyway now that I've got somthing to expand on I'm doing a spurr of the moment story. Really my work isn't anywhere near Foss' (He's my fave author ya know...) But it's really fun to write! Hope you like my next one. It's a little more first person.

[rp]

Dearest Diary,

I'm so tired. I can barely see the date on my digital clock, much less the time. I think it's somthing like four in the morning but I've been up all night thinking about Tenchi.

I really miss him. It's really hard not to miss your little brother. Hell! He was my other half! He was the only one I could have ever shared my secrets with.

Nothing really matters anymore. That's why I'm here. Nothing really matters. Karl Savage, what a nice guy. He's so open and kind, but he just dosen't understand! I'm apparantly the only female commander in the Orion Fleet and it's getting on my nerves how I get all of this attention and looks behind my back!

Yeah, as you already know diary I'm a lesbian. It's not my fault! I was born this way. I wish I could feel the same way about men as I do about women but seriously it just doesn't work that way! Apparantly Commander Savage dosen't exactly get this.

I'm holding that silly charm again. I know Avery was only trying to help, I probably won't ever see that kid again since he's being transfered out to who knows where. I just hope he stays safe.

Damned thing, it's like an obsession! Now I can't stop thinking of Tenchi! Why did that kid have to give me somthing that actually reminds me of home?!

Home...I really want to go home. But out here it just seems like it's my calling.

I really wish I knew just who saved my life that night. I'd love to meet her, or him. I've always drem't it was a woman, and that when I saw her again she would fall in love with me. But that's just a foolish girls fantasy. What are the chances that I would ever see her or him again in my lifetime?

Have they really kept a watchful eye on me? Is this where I truly belong? I'm no fighter. I never was. Hell I'm a sentimental old fool...Well maybe not old but I'm damned sentimental.

I named my ship after my little brother. I call my officers and co-workers by their first names and only when a higher up is presant do I call them by protocols requirements.

I wonder if out there there's a fleet that actually works on first name basis. That would be a dream come true. One of these days I swear I'm going to be kicked out of Galcom altogether because I'll use a fleet commander's first name in front of the whole crew!

Oh well. Baka, I'm so tired. Perhaps I'll write to you next year. Same time? I'm pretty sure that's reasonable. Give my regards to Tenchi, Mother, Father...

-Love Always Akuma Kii Minako.

[/rp]

And there you have it. A girls diary entry! Blades no drooling.

------------------

AKUMA MINAKO

ORION FLEET

GCV- TENCHI

DETERRENCE BATTLE GROUP

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk