Joy Ride

[RP] Without permission, leave of absence or anything else of the sort Akuma climbs into the commanding seat of the GCV Tenchi.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, who's up for a bit of a joy ride this fine day?"

Several hoots and whistles follow the question and Akuma smiles relaxing signifigantly. "We don't have any special assignments so I'm not worried about protocol very much. They can't court martial us for taking a 'ride' out on the old girl."

Several people nodded in acknowledgment and began preparing for takeoff. "Engineering?"

"All ready for disembarkment ma'am. Everything's at full."

Akuma Kii Minako smiles quietly to herself. "Let's take her out!"

The graceful GCV Tenchi glides out of it's holdings and drifts away from the Orion Station.

"Let's get way out of here. I want to get a bit of distance from everyday life. You guys have earned it." She smiles again.

"Communications, make sure you scan every channel incase we're needed. We can be reckless but it's best to be cautious too. At least a bit."

She leans back and lets her crew take over letting her mind drift. "Damn this is nice." She murmers.[/RP]

I wanna rp! Rp with me people! O_O I'm addicted! biggrin.gif Oh well!

------------------

AKUMA MINAKO

ORION FLEET

GCV- TENCHI

DETERRENCE BATTLE GROUP

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

"War is the plague of Mankind, created by Mankind."

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Akuma Minako:

I wanna rp! Rp with me people! O_O I'm addicted!
biggrin.gif
Oh well!

Ok, I'll Rp some, though I don't think I will do too much.. smile.gif

[RP]

The ICV Dark Saber is docked at Sygan station resupplying its cache of Iridium, Radine, and Plutonium.

"Better acquire a some extra Iridium for our cloaking device because our trip back to the construction site of Alpha Prime might be a little bit.... well.. crowded and right now isn't the time to get sidetracked."

[/RP]

------------------

"lord"David

Spectre Fleet

Pre-comm., Cmdr. Alpha Prime

ICV Dark Saber

Official BC3K Tester

[This message has been edited by LordDavid (edited 07-13-2000).]

Hey! That's fine! ^_-

[rp]

With eyes forward and heart set commander Akuma Minako smiles at her crew. "It's awfully quiet for us isn't it folks?"

Many nodded others continued to monitor for any outside activity.

"Engineering, slow us down." She says smiling a bit.

The GCV Tenchi slows to a crawl then comes to a halt in space.

"Exellent." She smiles. "Let's get some well deserved R&R people!" She puts her hands behind her head and closes her eyes.

"Someone put on some music." She murmers.

A hard based metalic song comes on blaring over the speakers. "Just remember to stay alert if only a little bit eh guys?"

[/rp]

------------------

AKUMA MINAKO

ORION FLEET

GCV- TENCHI

DETERRENCE BATTLE GROUP

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

Well, I figured that it was aboutt ime that I rejoined the forums. Here's hoping I've still got it...

(RP on)

Vanguard Starbase. I've been there for so long that I've almost forgotten what space travel was like. Oh, sure, I've been on the occasional trip to Orion HQ, even back to the home ground at GalCom. But it feels like forever since I've been able to just fly. Such was not the case today. After endless days of sitting at a desk on a planet, I was finally getting a chance to go somewhere.

Just my luck that it was only a short trip out to Orion HQ. At least it got me "out of the office."

It started out as a normal day. Another drab day staring up and wishing that I was out in space. Until I was appointed as the Deterrence Battle Group's commanding officer, the only time I'd been on a planet was during shore-leave or, as had happened once before, an unexpected shuttle crash.

For the longest time, it had been the wierdest feeling to feel a gravity that was not artificially created. It had been the wierdest feeling to breathe air that was not recycled. That's not true, exactly. The starbase had air recirculators like everything else. But there is something different between ships and stations of any kind. The kind of difference that you can't describe, but can only recognize if you've spent a good portion of your life aboard ship. It had felt wierd to be on a planet, and not be bored, not get shot at, and... this was the most disturbing part... have a job to do as well.

From CMO aboard the Kev's Star to this. The commander of a battle group. Not that it was a bad thing, mind you. It's just somewhere that I never thought I would be!

My thoughts were interrupted as the computer on my desk beeped. I reached over to flip it on, and was rewarded by the grinning face of Lieutenant Commander McKay.

"McKay here, sir. The shuttle just arrived to pick you up. We'll be ready to leave whenever you are."

"I'm on my way." I said simply. She nodded, and her image winked out. With that, I stood and headed for the shuttle.

(/RP)

Well, that was fun! Going to have to keep up with it from now on smile.gif Feels SO GOOD to be back!

------------------

CMDR DAVID FOSS,

ORION FLEET

COMMANDING OFFICER, DBG

DETERRENCE BATTLE GROUP

GCV - DETERRENCE

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

ICQ#39741435

"War is dangerous. Seek to prevent it, lest we step in."

[This message has been edited by David Foss (edited 07-27-2000).]

Hey there! Okay! Now I'm in trouble some ya?! biggrin.gif

[rp]

With a glass of sake in one hand and a bottle of sake in the other commander Akuma Minako hands out drinks to everyone.

Communications officer Aleshia Montgomery smiles refusing. "Sorry ma'am, I'm on duty." She says...Knowing full well that EVERYONE's on duty.

Moving off to her quarters she immedietly hooks up a link to the Deterrance battle group. "Get me Commander David Foss." She says quietly.

After getting a link she sends over a text file rather than voice.

Commander David Foss,

I don't think you'll like what I'm going to tell you. The whole crews drinking...And they're on duty. Just thought you should know.

-Aleshia Montgomery

Meanwhile on deck Akuma and crew are having a party...Music and everything.

[/rp]

It's time for Akuma to stop being nieve...Mwahahahaha.

------------------

AKUMA MINAKO

ORION FLEET

GCV- TENCHI

DETERRENCE BATTLE GROUP

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

Let me take a try.

[rp]

Patroling the Alpha Gamma sector. As the commander of the GCV-Neptune sits thinking about how long it has been since he has talked or seen the rest of Orion Fleet.

"Communications get me a link to Orion station and the nearest Orion Commanders"

As Lt. Desmond Smith prepares the links, Commander Lockjaw wonders how long it has been since the crew and himself had seen civilization.

"The links are ready sir"

"Thank you Lt."

"Greetings everyone it has been awhile"

As he sits and talks with his friends he makes a final decision.

"I will see you all soon"

As the conversation ended the commander has made his decision.

"Attention everyone"

He waits until the crew is quiet.

"I have decided we will take a relaxing cruise home"

"Navagation plot us a course back to Alpha Centaury"

"Everyone relax it will take a while to get home"

[/rp]

Mabye we could talk sometime in the Orion chat room.

------------------

CMDR, LOCKJAW

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV-NEPTUNE

"For I look into the past and see we can change it"

[This message has been edited by Lockjaw (edited 07-28-2000).]

Well, there's a first time for everything so here goes >"Yes, Samantha?"

Lt Samantha is one of the best tacops commanders I've seen. She can make those sensors burp up information that isn't supposed to be possible. Maybe it's that intuition of her's.

"I just received some odd readings off the probe around Jupiter. I'm not sure but....."

My gut does this instant flip. In the past that "odd" statement ment some BIG BAD NASTY THING was about to happen to my ship.

After several seconds of silence I couldn't take anymore. "Samantha, talk to me please. I like to think that I'm a competant Commander but I can't read minds yet."

"uh, Sorry Sir! Well, it shows that a BC just wandered out into the middle of the system there and just stopped. It's been sitting there for about 4 hrs with shields and weapons off-line."

"What about the rest of the battlegroup?"

"They are just sitting there, Sir."

We've been playing showdow for quite a while now keeping tabs on the Deterrance Battlegroup from a nearby system. Time's about up for our stint and just maybe we can pot us a lemming BC before we head back.....

"Sir?" Samantha again, "The probe just reported a text message sent from that BC to Vanguard Starbase directed to a Cmdr. Foss. Apparently there is a party occuring on the bridge which is more then likely why Aleshia Montgomery couldn't scramble the message. There's been no return comms to the BC."

A party on an active duty GalCOM BC?!?!?

Hummm..... okay, what to do? What to do?

"Aaron, Have engineering get out a radiation control unit for the cloaking device and have the surronding decks cleared. Also have logistix get the 2nd rcu ready and verify it passes self diagnostics."

"Schlynk,(no one knows if that's his real name) I want 2 deceptive run-up courses to and from that BC with a return course to here. I want to pass that BC at maximum speed. If this is some trap I don't want to be caught with a slow boat. Also update the hardcopy nav charts incase we get thumped. We'll cloak before we hit insystem and stay cloaked until we fire. We'll stay uncloaked 2 minutes before recloaking. Also have 2 of the IC's left on patrol here with orders to stay incognito."

"Kim, I want 5 questor missles on that BC! PTA active on the flyby and if a shot with the IOD is available, take it. Launch missles 1st from 15k out before any active firing."

"Samantha, have the radar on passive just before we hit the system and after the 1st shot is fired I want a tight-beam sent to that probe with a shut-down order. We may need it later."

After the chorus of "Yes Sir!" Adam, my second, approaches. "Sir, what about our orders to not stir the nest?"

"Well, we've known that the Cmdr. Foss has been on Vanguard for a while and judging from that message routing I'm guessing that he's on that shuttle headed back to Orion for his flagship. That could mean that they are getting ready to move on. If thumping that BC puts a monkey wrench into their plans so much the better. We may not get a 'kill' but it should be in 'dry-dock' for a while.I also know the general plans of Cmdr. Kristophers. Besides, this'll give Cmder Blades a good reason to take his lemmings to task and add stories to the viciousness of the Monty Python Bunnies." biggrin.gif

As I push the call to general quarters button I hear over the ship's intercom..."All right Ladies, IT'S TIME TO ROCK!!"[/RP]

------------------

Cmdr. Wold

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV Drakr

"Do or do not, there is no try!"

[This message has been edited by Wold (edited 07-30-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Wold (edited 07-31-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Wold (edited 08-01-2000).]

And now the wait.... and the thoughts that come unbidden. One can just feel the tension in Drakr begining to climb as the infernal clock ticks down as we approach the jumb point. The nervous glances by ensigns wondering if their Skipper got it right...the taps on keyboards by officers double-checking their work or the operational status of equipment already verified. And those of us who left GalCOM wondering if there are former friends on that battlecruiser we're about to attack. What about

Hughhh... Oh I hate that feeling stomach-twisted-seven-different ways, my inner-ear telling me I'm on a spin cycle in the old style clothes dryer and that lovely acid flavor at the back of my throat. I HATE jumps, but they are effective in getting the mind back on track...

Schlynk did a bang-up job again, right on track and thank The Good Lord, no mines! Passive radar shows no apparent changes and four minutes to target. A brief, emotional 'lull' before the sudden slam of adrenelian from shots fired in combat.

"Missles away, PTA active...cloaking systems deactivate...probe shut down..." The roll of combat converstation flooding the bridge from officers too busy to bother waiting for a response.

WHUUUMMP!! The deck surges and Drakr rolls drunkenly to one side like an old navy ship rolling with a wave at sea. DANG, either they WERE awake or that battlecruiser's AI was active. At least we should be clear now and it would take a miracle for them to be able to hit us again. "Engineering, give me a damage report!"

A breathless, hoarse response comes in over the intercom. "Sir, looks like", couple of racking coughs, "a slight hull breech on deck two, multiple injuries and no fatalities. Good thing that deck was cleared except for some engineering personnel. Lots of smoke. Hey, GET THAT HELMET ON, NOW! Gotta go, Sir, engineering out."

"Nav, get us out of here."

"Eye, eye, Sir." came the calm, unruffled response accompanied by a glance from Schlynk. That glance has a lot of shadows dancing around in the depths of those eyes. There may be some truth to the rummors that he used to work in the Intel section of GalCOM. Ghosts from the work that he used to do. No wonder he's so calm in battle, probably hoping for that final release. Makes my skin crawl thinking about the things he has seen.

"Sir?" came the youthful yet professional voice of Samantha with barely suppresed exitement. "I just caught a noncoded message from that battlecruiser.

From the signature it's the GCV-Tenchi. Sounds like they did sustain some damage but there aren't any specifics and with us on passive I can't get any readings."

------------------

Cmdr. Wold

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV Drakr

[RP

"She did What?!?" cried the indignant Orion Fleet commander from his office on the stations command deck.

Greg Miller, the fleets executive officer grimmaced as Savage propelled himself from his large 'I'M THE BOSS, WHICH MEANS YOU DONT **** WITH ME!' chair and brutally kicked an open file cabinet draw shut.

"Sorry, sir." offered Miller, as apologetically as possible.

Savage shook his head and gestured wildly with his hands, walking back and forth the length of his office and swearing like a jarhead to invisible tormentors. "I cant believe that woman! She's been here less than a year and all she has done is mock me, the system, my entire ******* fleet!"

Miller frowned at the fleet commanders outburst. He had never seen his CO as angry as this before, not even during the opening days of the second Gammulan war when the Deterrence Battle Group took a major pounding. This was bad.

"I've had the recall order sent, sir, but she's either ignoring the RTB order or she isnt recieving."

Savage rounded on his executive officer. "I want her brought back here, Greg, and I want her here now."

"Aye, sir. I'll pull Bosch from R&R and have him spacebourn within the hour."

"No!" shouted Savage. "Leave Bosch where he is. I want you out there, Greg. I want you to personally bring that, that 'woman back here."

Miller nodded and took a deep breath. "Uh, this wouldnt have anything to do with the fact that she didnt want to go out with you, would it, sir?"

Savage flashed him an evil glare. "Thats not very damned funny, Greg."

Miller's stomach tightened. "Sorry sir, just trying to lighten the mood. Nothing meant by it."

Savage closed his eyes and brought both hands to his face, rubbing his eyes gently. He took a moment to calm himself, then sighed deeply.

"Why is it that I can command an entire fleet with absolute loyalty, yet I cant seem to control one womans desire to be different? Didnt I give her a chance to make somthing of herself in this fleet, Greg? Wasnt I leanient when she misbehaved? @!@$@#$~$!#~##~#@!#, I bent over backwards to help her fit in here, and what does she do? She mocks me in front of my people, she taunts me during briefings and thinks she gets away with it because she calls me 'honey'. She actively supports certain Insurgent ideals and has been known to have subspace 'chats' with Rattler himself. I mean, a tenth of what I let her get away with is enough to have her court martialed and discharged. Why does she do this to me?"

Savage reseated himself in his chair, utterly dejected. Greg could read the worry and dissapointment on his friends face, and it didnt sit well with him.

"I'll bring her back Karl, dont worry. And when I do, is it to be in chains?"

Savage sighed again. "I cant let her carry on this way. She over stepped the mark one time to many. If I let this slide, people are going to start to question my loyalty and competence. I cant let one womans obsessive desire to ridicule me damage the fleet."

Greg nodded. "Chains it is then."

Savage nodded back at his executive officer. "Have your XO take command of the Tenchi when you find her. Have Akuma confined to quarters. Tell her ...... tell her im sorry."

With the final exchange of words, Miller left the fleet commanders office. A few minutes later, the hulk of the GCV-Sark left the Orion stations space dock and began tracing Akuma Minakos flight path.

Back in the command office, the emotionally drained fleet commander Savage began to set in motion the first stages of Akuma Minako's impending court martial, and discharge from duty papers.

[/RP]

Sink or swim. Redemption or discharge. Make this interesting for us guys, cos the Fleet Commander is pissed. smile.gif

------------------

F.C KARL 'BLADES' SAVAGE

ORION FLEET

COMMANDING OFFICER, ORION FLEET

COMMANDER, ORION STATION

T.B.G DAYWATCH COMMANDER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV-TSUNAMI Ôäó

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'For Queen And Country'

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 08-01-2000).]

Guest Commander Hamblin

Wow, it's been ages since I rp'd, but what the hell...

[rp]

"Hey, Greg, where the hell are you going in such a hurry?" I said, having almost been knocked over by Commander Greg Miller as he headed towards the docking bay.

"Sorry James, I'd love to chat, but I'm in a hurry. I'll tell you all about it later, alright?" With that, he quickly walked down the corridor to the turbolift.

I carried on walking, in the opposite direction to him, and suddenly realised that he might have come from the very place where I was going right now.

For months, the Galatea Exploration Wing had yet to come to fruition. I hadn't wanted to disturb the Fleet Commander, what with me being on somewhat of an extended leave, so up until now I had kept quiet about the whole thing.

However, this time, I wanted to get it over and done with. No time like the present, I figured.

I walked through the corridor to Blades' office, and pressed the entry chime.

"Yes, what?" He said through the door, irritably.

"Sir, it's Commander Hamblin. I wanted to speak with you..."

The doors opened, and Blades was standing there with, literally, open arms. "James, my old friend, how are you? Long time no see!"

He put his arm around me, in a friendly gesture, and almost pushed me into his office. I was more than slightly surprised at this rather odd behavior, and a little suspicious at the same time.

"You've done some redecorating". Was all I could say, as I looked around his surprisingly small office. In fact, it seemed somewhat smaller than I remembered it. Maybe he's just had some time to put more useless, decorative crap in there since the last Fleet Commander vacated the office, longer than I cared to remember. Or maybe I just hadn't been in here so long that by now it had changed drastically. Either way, it was a moot point. I was here now, and the room definitely felt more cramped than I remembered.

Blades slapped me on the back, before sitting down behind his desk, and offering for me to sit. "No, sir, I prefer to stand."

"Fine, fine." He said, before picking up some paperwork from his desk, in an effort to look busy. "Was there a reason for this spontaneous visit, other than catching up?"

I decided to get right down to buisness. "Well, one of the things I'm here to discuss is how I've been rather absent from the Orion fleet for so long. I feel like I'm out of touch with the latest happenings with the fleet. I mean, a female Commander? When on Earth did that happen, sir?" I said, with a wry smile on my face.

Commander Akuma...something, was the first female Galcom Commander I had ever heard of, and I'd heard of a lot. Not only that, but here within the ranks of Orion as well. When I first heard about it, it caught me off guard to say the least.

However, at the mention of her, Blades' voice turned icy. Not exactly the reaction I'd expected. "That...female commander...will be coming up on court martial charges if I can help it."

Well, that did catch me quite by surprise. I would have queried more about it, when I realised that wasn't what I was here to talk about.

"Sir, what's happened to the Galatea? I think my extended leave of absence is over, more or less. I'd like to take her out again. I understand that my old crew have by now scattered across the fleet, but it'd feel good to have the old gal back again."

Blades, however, didn't appear to be listening. He was more interested in reviewing the past actions of Commander whatever-her-name-was in anticipation of her impending Court Martial.

"Sir, is this a bad time?" I asked, not sure of what else I should say.

[/rp]

Well, I'm more or less back in buisness...hopefully, it'll be the former, and not the latter. smile.gif

------------------

COMMANDER JAMES HAMBLIN

ORION FLEET

GALATEA EXPLORATION WING

GALATEA EXPLORATION WING COMMANDER

GCV GALATEA.

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

"For I dip't into the future, far as human eyes could see. Saw the vision of the world and all the wonder that would be..."

Good work, Commander. In the future, if I have any questions about mating behaviour, I'll know where to go - Captain Kathryn Janeway.

Oh dear! What fun this is gonna be...

[rp]

A sudden jar made her drop the bottle of sake and sit straight up in her chair. "Damage report?" She says.

The chief engineer's voice booms over the communications device. "We have a hull breech commander! We have to seal of the area! At least ten people are injured, one dead ma'am. Argon out."

Akuma closed her eyes her hands clenching in anger. "One dead..." She murmered. "ONE DEAD?!"

"Get me a scan of the area! I want to know what's out there!" Her vision was slightly hazy and she blinked rapidly.

The tactics officer just left of her shouts out. "It appears to be a ship. May be insurgent."

She blinks again. "Come again? Insurgents?"

She puts her hand on her forhead as if trying to remember somthing in the distant past. "Follow them." She says with venom in her voice. "Follow them and get a communications up."

"Communications established Akuma." one of the communications said.

"Get me visual as well."

"Visual established." She said quietly, seemingly afraid of the other ship.

"Commander." She said. "What was the means and justification of your attack?"

Leaning forward in her chair she glares at the Insurgent. "I am Akuma Minako of the GCV Tenchi, I didn't fire on you and I, by no means ment to."

She shakes her head. "Rattler will have your head."

She gestures at the communications to put the frequency on scramble. "If he found out that you just tried to knock off his agent, well..." She shrugged.

"Look, tell Rattler I miss him okay?"

She waits for a reply. "Maintain the scramble." She says off side to the communications personelle.

[rp]

None of you know this ic, it's somthing that I hope you'll find out later. Mwahahaa, it's fun to be me. Blades, you're the nicest Commander I've see insofar, don't worry, if all goes as planned, Foss'll turn her around. biggrin.gif

------------------

AKUMA MINAKO

ORION FLEET

GCV- TENCHI

DETERRENCE BATTLE GROUP

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

[rp]

"Aye, sir, the channel is confirmed coded Grey 7", the CO reported. Akira returned his focus to the Japanese woman.

"Yes, Cmdr. Minako. I am fully aware of your situation. The damage caused is superficial. Your systems are reporting false information as intended. The death your perscan is reporting is false as well. We must keep up appearances. You understand."

"My people have relayed that you, Cmdr., are one step away from being apprehended by Blade's right hand. Cmdr. Miller is two hops from our current location." Akira's eyes shifted as another of his command crew provided sitrep.

"I suggest that you allow me to tow you as far as the next jump gate. Cmdr. Miller, providing he's at all competent, will appear and I will allow him to 'rescue' you and your crew." Akira looked away once again.

"Yes, I understand. Thirty seconds." Akira paused to glare at Minako. She could be a valuable weapon with the right training, he thought. "Cmdr. Minako, recall the offer made to you by one Cmdr. Smith while you were on Orion. Nothing is what it seems. Follow of your own accord, or prepare to be tractored. Miller is fifteen seconds from the jump gate. You are of value to Rattler, and," more importantly, he thought, "me either way."

Communications were severed.

"Tactical, audible count down, please."

"Aye, sir. On my mark, 15 seconds to GCV-Sark. Mark, mark, mark, twelve, eleven, ten..."

Akira rapped his fingers in anticipation. If only she'd choose to come out from the dark.

"...nine, eight..."

"Raven Flight group, standby. Cloak as ordered." Akira waited.

[/rp]

Aaahh, I remember what happened the last time I was escorting a GCV vessel. Where's Chavik and the Gammulans? :o

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. Akira

Spectre

ICV-Nevermore

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

[RP]

As I raced past Cmdr Hamblin I immediately grabbed my Commlink and contacted my XO.

ÔÇ£Lt Cmdr Collins, Prep the crew, we leave in 5 minutes!ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Aye Sir, we will be ready.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Good, I am on my way, Miller out!ÔÇØ

Moments later the Sark roared out of its docking birth and into space.

ÔÇ£Helm, set course for the Jupiter Region, maximum warp!ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Aye Sir!ÔÇØ

At that time my XO turned to me and said, ÔÇ£Revisiting our old stomping grounds perhaps?ÔÇØ

I just looked at Lt Cmdr Collins and said, ÔÇ£Oh trust me, this will be NO joy ride for us.ÔÇØ

Helm replied, ÔÇ£Course Set, and awaiting further orders, sir.ÔÇØ

I gave a stern, ÔÇ£Engage!ÔÇØ

As the Sark entered hyperspace, enroute to the Sol Wormhole, I decided that I would inform my crew of our mission.

ÔÇ£As some of you maybe wondering, what is next, Listen up. The GCV-Tenchi, commanded by Cmdr Akuma Minako, is in the Jupiter Region. Cmdr Akuma has not been authorized to deviate from her patrol route, therefore it is my orders to bring the Tenchi back to Orion HQ for a formal inquiry as to why she broke regs. There has been no contact with the Tenchi since her departure, and appears to be ignoring all Hails.

Number One, your orders are to assemble a team of 5 Marines and accompany me over to the Tenchi. Once we are aboard, the Marine team is to escort Cmdr Minako to her quarters where she will be confined for the rest of the voyage back to Orion HQ. You will then assume Command of the GCV-Tenchi, and lead the way home with the Sark trailing. Upon our arrival to Orion HQ, you and the before mentioned Marines, will then take Cmdr Minako into custody and meet me in the Docking bay. Tenchi and WeÔÇÖll escort her to the Fleet CommanderÔÇÖs office for a full debriefing. You are hereby granted any options you may deem as necessary to command the Ship home, even if you have to through other members of the crew in the brig.

Lt Cmdr Barsotti, you will take command of the Sark once we board the Tenchi. Your orders are to just keep your eyes and ears open until I return; upon which you will then become my XO.

The rest of you look sharp, I donÔÇÖt know what we can expect so just stay on your toes.

Do I make myself clear?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Yes Sir!ÔÇØ, rang throughout the bridge. Then My XO need clarification on one thing;

ÔÇ£Sir, when you say ÔÇ£CustodyÔÇØ, are you talking shackles and restraints, the whole nine yards?ÔÇØ

Noting my head I replied, ÔÇ£I am afraid so, these are my orders.ÔÇØ

Now the Sark had entered Sol, Pluto region, and proceeded to the Jupiter Jump Gate.

After Entering the Jupiter Jump Gate and appearing on the other side, something immediately became a miss!

[/RP]

------------------

CMDR GREG 'GMAN' MILLER

ORION FLEET

FLEET EXECUTIVE OFFICER

T.B.G. NIGHTWATCH COMMANDER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by GREG MILLER (edited 08-02-2000).]

Um, Akuma, you know you this started out as such a seemingly mellow RP. > Let

[RP]

As things appeared to be under control I began to think of my more immediate problem and how it relates to GCV-Trenchi. If that message really was correct and those officers were breaking procedure that baddly then Blades is going to tie that commander's tail in a serious krink....if not then Drakr could find herself in the crab pot.

As plans swirrled around in my adrenalian-heightened mind, my eyes noticed my second working his way around the bridge. Adam seemed to have a need to mother-hen the officers, yet something was different. He seemed more tense then normal, especially with things under 'control'. It was that tale-tell thing that is more sensed then actually seen. Maybe his face was a bit harder or eyes moving a slightly faster or maybe the flare of his nostrels. Whatever it was I begin to follow his movement from the corners of my eys.

Somewhere in that brief time-frame the self-preservation mode of my subconscience kicked in. As Adam begin to approach the unoccupied right side of the command deck my right hand started moving. My hand slowly slid down the outside edge of my command chair until a hidden id plate sensed it. A small snick was heard as an access panel suddenly opened droping an archaic Desert Eagle 50 cal. into my awaiting fingers. Adam, alerted by the unaccustomed sound started turning towards me. The reflection on the bridge door showed a compact needler appearing in his left hand....

The door flies open as an ensign bringing coffee and doughnuts enters the bridge. The sudden, thundering crash accumpanied by the fire flash caused a myriad of events on the bridge.

The poor ensign entering the bridge sees his superior officer explode a mere meter from his face causing him, soaked in blood and to dive back through the door. The instinctive reaction of combat experienced officers snapping helmets closed and starting hull-breech procedures and in the process scattering stylus', cups, hard-copy across the bridge. And the stunned, dumb-founded expression of those frozen into immobility.

My eyes were locked on Adam. Fifteen hundred foot-pounds of force slamming through his rib cage from the 50 cal. hand cannon. The impact had blown his heart, lungs, and some ribs past his left shoulder-blade bouncing him off the bulkhead with such force to nearly break his neck and to fling the needler 20ft across the deck. As the life was fading from his face the look of a question in his eyes....

"Unauthorized scrambled coms, Adam." I said through the ringing pain in my ears.

As I survey the carnage on the bridge there isn't a soul moving. The stunned stares from polaxed minds of everyone trying to comprehened this insanity that has overcome their commander and wondering, I'm sure, who is next?

"Yes, Sir?", a war battered face with a distinctly female voice answers the inter-ship com.

"Sargeant, I beleive the question has been resolved, rather pointedly I might add. The meeting wont be needed. Please inform Comms Officer Ngyuen to join us on the bridge."

The very nervous and semi-frantic gestures from Samantha catch my eye. She hesitates then says "There's a comm-call for you, Sir, from GCV-Tenchi"

"Tell them I'm not in the mood to surrender." I respond with far too much snap and bite.

"un, Sir, it's a visual from Cmdr. Akuma with an Insurgent scramble..here's what she said Sir."

quote:

....that you just tried to knock off his agent, well..." She shrugged.

"Look, tell Rattler I miss him okay?"

Oh, crap... what next? burns through my mind..

"Sir," says Schlynk with a dry, normal sounding voice and the only one with enough guts to further irritate a ticked-off commander with a smoking gun, "maybe we should add to the name Drakr and call her Drakr san Murphy." Despite the gravity of the situation that did bring a chuckle from around the bridge.

My mind races through what to say to why bother...just ignore her....

"On screen, full bridge visual."

"As you can see, I'm a bit busy right now. No then, your AI's shot didn't do this carnage. This is me keeping my ship. A mostly unoccupied section of deck 2 was your AI's doing. Adam, my SIC (second in command hehe), was (the operative word here) a lemming intel officer. I've had my Comms Officer locked up in sickbay for 2 weeks trying to crack some messages he sent. Your ship sitting in the middle of space with it's pants down presented me with safest opportunity to deal with him or bag an apperent 'incompetent' officer. As for Rattler, I've staked my life on the fact that he judges his commanders actions based on their knowledge at that time. Since I had no prior knowledge of you..." I finish with a shrug.

"Oh, Akuma, 2 last things: First, if you need my assitance I'll need more evidence from you besides a possible breached security channel. Second, we copied this unscrammbled text message leaving your ship before the attack."

quote:

Commander David Foss,

I don't think you'll like what I'm going to tell you. The whole crews drinking...And they're on duty. Just thought you should know.

-Aleshia Montgomery

"Hope you enjoy the pickle your in, glad it isn't mine. "All right people, now you know, back to work." I say sitting down trying to gather my wits about me before some more of 'it' hits the fan.

With activity picking up around me I put my sidearm away thinking about the 'harasments' received from others over my prefernce to such an antique weapon. Well, it certainly was effective today. Maybe not as 'clean' as a modern weapon, but it sure can make an impression. I wonder what is running through Cmdr. Akuma's mind about now...? [/rp]

okay, I need some feedback, am i getting too wordy in here?? wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Wold

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV Drakr

[This message has been edited by Wold (edited 08-02-2000).]

Please note, this is just after the Sark was dispatched. Just after Blades' blowup... and yes, I intended the first sentence to be the same smile.gif"><P>(RP)<P>what?" I asked furiously.

"You heard me." McKay said cooly. "She left without orders. You have a copy of the subsequent message in your hands, sir. I think it's fairly clear."

It was clear, all right. A commander deliberately drinking while on duty. Not only that, but an entire crew minus a communications officer who were getting drunk... On duty!

No sooner did I receive the order to report to Orion station in order to escort the GCV Tenchi back to Vanguard than I found out that her commander, one Akuma Minako, was nowhere on the station! She'd gone AWOL and, not only that, but so had her ship! I made a mental note to have a chat with the officer that had let her ship just waltz off without orders like that!

My last orders to her had been fairly simple. Continue with local patrols until further orders were given. The english translation was "wait for further orders."

Well she somehow, against all odds, misinterpreted those orders. How one interprets "wait for further orders" as "go ahead and do whatever you want on a ship that hasn't even had enough time for the paint to dry," I will never know. Actually, I would know... When I asked her myself!

I remember reading those words once! I thought. At least I had the decency to follow them! Well, I did! Mostly.

"McKay, what was her last reported position?"

"Commander Miller was just dispatched to find her. Last reported position was in the Jupiter Region."

That caught me off guard. Fleet Commander Savage had not sent me any orders, nor had he informed me of Akuma's actions. If he dispatched his XO on a mission to find her, he sure as hell knew what she'd done.

Why would he not send orders for the Deterrence to find her? For that matter, why would he send the Sark after her? Why wouldn't he issue orders for the Deterrence battle group to find her? Unless, of course, he was not telling me everything.

That was rediculous! In all the years that I've served under Savage, he'd never held information back! At least, not information pertaining to the people under my command. It was rediculous, and incredibly unlikely.

Which is exactly why I believed it. I made a note to check with him about that little problem.

In the meantime, however, Akuma was my problem. Savage may have found it necessary to dispatch his XO after her, but she was part of my battle group. She was my responsibility, and Savage was going over my head to deal with problems on my turf. Well, it was his priviledge, as Fleet Commander, to do so. But I would be damned if I simply stood by and watched. She was my problem as much as she was theirs. I intended to make sure that was not forgotten, no matter what transpired.

"McKay, I want the Deterrence underway before the shuttle's engines have cooled down."

"Aye, sir." She replied.

A few minutes later, the shuttle docked. The Deterrence turned away and headed for Jupiter at full speed.

There was one good point to all of this. At least it was in the home system and nowhere near the Insurgent or Gammulan borders. Should be pretty quiet.

Murphy hadn't paid me a visit in a while. Go figure that today he decided to make a house call.

(/rp)

Hint hint... Anyone that read the First Command thread may remember what was just referred to. smile.gif

I will state my location later. I can't remember where Vanguard Starbase is. My official excuse for this lapse of memory is that It's currently 1:30 in the morning. G'night, folks!

------------------

CMDR DAVID FOSS,

ORION FLEET

COMMANDING OFFICER, DBG

DETERRENCE BATTLE GROUP

GCV - DETERRENCE

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

ICQ#39741435

"War is dangerous. Seek to prevent it, lest we step in."

Well, third post I've made. I'm new to the

game but not to RPing, hope to be a major

player before too long wink.gif

[rp]

Hidama Hasaki, fresh out of the academy and just given command of the GCV Kurai, walked through the corridors of his new ship. The Battlecruiser had just been constructed and had a fresh, new smell.

The new Commander made his way to the flight deck and stared at the fighters. His history as a fighter pilot was rough but exciting. Hidama's thoughts were inturrupted by a voice from his comlink.

"Sir, we're recieving orders from Galcom HQ"

'My first mission...' Hidama thought to himself as he hurried to the bridge.

"I'm on my way"

The lights on the bridge and the sight of Earth through the bridgeviewer was an awesome sight indeed. Sitting in his chair Hidama made a motion to his Comm's Officer

"the assignment?"

"We're being assigned to patrol Alpha Centauri"

"Patrol...."

He spoke it dryly and all the excitment of his first mission died with that one word.

"I suppose they've got to do something with their green commanders..."

with a deep sigh Commander Hasaki began to give orders.

"Nav, course to Alpha Centauri. Engineering, bring the hyperdrive online. Comm, signal our departure to HQ."

Patrol duty...the most boring task in the fleet, even worse: Patrolling an area deep within friendly territory. What are the chances of finding anything here?

The ship lurched as the hyperdrives kicked in and they screamed toward the Earth-Pluto wormhole en-route to Alpha Centauri

Several hours later, the Kurai was in orbit around Varan.

"Nothing on sensors? Hmmm, load a mining drone and order a shuttle to the surface, take a few marines and run some drills while they're down there. No sense in everyone being bored out of their minds. We'll come back for them in 6 hours. Set the way points for our patrol route...I'm taking a nap"

(5 hours later)

Hidama steps onto the bridge and everything is the same as he'd left it.

"anything happen?"

"not a thing sir"

the commander sighed

"as I expected...forget the rest of the route, nothing's out there, let's go pick up our team"

"aye sir, jumping to Varan."

The ship does a gut-wrenching lurch then Varan is glowing brightly through the viewer.

"Give me a report of our resources conditions on the planet then send a communication to our team that we're here early"

"I'm unable to locate the team or the ATV, Sir, the shuttle is 28km from the landing site and the drone is deactivated with a full load of minerals"

"hmmm, where could that team be...status of the shuttle?"

The Tacops Officer hits a few buttons and reports: "shuttle's engines are out, communications are blown, critical damage to hull...it looks like a multiple missile impact"

"any life?"

more key-tapping

"no sir, I'm not getting anything within a 50km radius"

Hidama leaned forward in his chair

"well, this is interesting...organize another team aboard shuttle 2, load the atv and prepare for drop, pick up that drone while you're down there. Nav, prepare the cruiser for planetfall, we're going down there for a closer look, launch Interceptors 1 and 2, put 3 and 4 on standby and prep shuttle 3 for launch. all crew on alert and have the medbay ready to recieve any survivers...I don't trust those sensors, new systems almost always have glitches."

A short while later the second team had landed at the crash site and the cruiser was running a search near the team's last known location.

A marine's voice came over the comm, "Sir, the shuttle was attacked alright there are 3 bodies inside, no sign of the other 7 marines. We'll tractor the shuttle back to the Kurai, it looks like it can be repaired"

"Roger, get back here, and pick up that drone. Tacops, you have anything? We still have a missing ATV"

"I think I've got something....yes, I see...oh my god, there's a impact crater 12km East, I've got metallic signatures, a signal...the ATV's transponder. I don't see any life. I'm also picking up a small energy reading from a canyon 62km north of here"

"Tell Shuttle 2 to check out the impact site, we're going to that canyon, raise our shields and charge the IOD and PTA."

The order was confirmed and the Kurai went speeding toward the crater.

"The power source seems to be located several kilometers underground....yes! I have it: 52.2N 12.8W"

"Excellent, take us there. What's it look like? a facility? how big is it? who owns it?"

"It looks like a small launch facility...ummmm.....Insurgent."

"Those *******s-"

"SIR! I'm reading 6 Heavy Gunships launching from the facility, they're on an intercept vector"

The Kara seemed quite scared by the situation, understandable...I'm not the only one who's new here, the entire crew is green.Well, there's no time to get scared, we gotta handle this!

"IC1 and 2, get to our position NOW! we have enemy engagement!"

"Incoming missiles, sir!"

"Engage the EMD Jammer and bring us about," Hidama motions to the gunner, "I hope you're a good shot. Decouple the IOD, fly right past and let 'em have it!"

The ship rumbled as several missiles impacted the shields, but the Kurai just sped past, screaming right through the wing of Gunships, PTA and IOD lighting the horizon with laser fire.

"Status?"

"Shields at 23% 4 gunships destroyed, the other two are bugging out, our interceptors have arrived."

"Order the interceptors to pursue the gunships. Hmmm, we should try and capture this facility...see what they were doing here. Launch Shuttle 3 and have 2 back them up. Their orders are to capture any Insurgent officers and report on the capabilities of that installation."

"Hold on sir! I'm detecting a massive energy build up, looks like a nuclear reaction"

"Lovely...issue a general RTB to our craft and get our asses OUT OF HERE!"

"Roger"

[/rp]

sorry for the length, I tend to get carried away sometimes smile.gif

Also, sorry if there's any mistakes in it...I've only been playing BC3K for a few days now.

[This message has been edited by Cmdr Hidama (edited 08-02-2000).]

Guest Commander Hamblin

[rp]

"Sir?" I asked, when Blades failed to answer me. He just kept looking over those reports of his, and cursing quietly to himself.

I decided to make myself scarce, and so turned and left. Hopefully, I would get the chance to discuss this with him sooner or later. Right now, however, there was nothing I could do, except sit around waiting for all this to end.

I walked calmly towards a nearby window, looking out at the stars as they slowly moved by. The station's slow rotation could not be noticed by any other way than looking out a window. I stood there and sighed, my hands clasped behind my back.

For so long, commanding a Battlecruiser had been my life's dream. I'd pushed myself harder than I'd ever done so before to get this position, sacrificing everything in the process. Now, I'd let my one ultimate goal in life slip between my fingers...and all I had left were ashes. My life was nothing but an empty shell, devoid of any hopes, any purpose, any reason for living other than my command. It was totally listless, without texture.

No matter. If I can no longer travel amongst the stars, feeling like some kind of ancient, mythical God, assured in my power and supremacy of all around me, then I will do the next best thing.

[/rp]

------------------

COMMANDER JAMES HAMBLIN

ORION FLEET

GALATEA EXPLORATION WING

GCV GALATEA.

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

"For I dip't into the future, far as human eyes could see. Saw the vision of the world and all the wonder that would be..."

Good work, Commander. In the future, if I have any questions about mating behaviour, I'll know where to go - Captain Kathryn Janeway.

Wow! Ain't I popular now... rolleyes.gif This is better than I expected! (listening to Oh la la by wiseguys...I donno it suits...Download it on Napster and have a listen to! lol!)

[rp]

After her conversation with Wold she shakes her head. "That guy has some serious problems. Looks like I've got worse."

All of a sudden her vid screen flares to life as another Insurgent going by the name of Akira appears. After listening to him confirm her problems with Blades and the Orion Fleet she nods.

"I suggest that you allow me to tow you as far as the next jump gate. Cmdr. Miller, providing he's at all competent, will appear and I will allow him to 'rescue' you and your crew." the man said obviously worried.

She nods. "Lets do it then." She says simply. "Engineer shields and AI switched to passive on my mark! MARK!"

The screen cuts and she hopes to hell that the insurgent whoever he was could pull this off while making it look convincing.

"I may not be able to escape the fact that I went AWOL but I can sure as hell have an excuse for dissappearing from patrol." She smirks.

"Everyone hang on, and get rid of those Sake glasses! We don't want suspisions, even if they are confirmed."

Several Sake glasses disappear into hidden compartments benith their command consuls.

"Hopefully we can pull this off people."

[rp]

Oh come on! You know that she won't! There's too much against her already! Mwahahaha... Game on peoples! Yea!

------------------

AKUMA MINAKO

ORION FLEET

GCV- TENCHI

DETERRENCE BATTLE GROUP

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

[RP]

Upon arriving in Jupiter space it became apparent that I was not alone.

ÔÇ£Tactical, what is the situation out there?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Sir, there are two battlecruisers in the region, the Tenchi, and what appears to be an Insurgent Command Vessel. The ICV-Drakr to be exact!ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£BATTLESTATIONS! Raise shields and arm the weapon systems. Load Vagrants on the launch rails.

Comms, I need a secure Commlink to the Tenchi so I can find out what to make of all this.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Sir, there appears to be damage on both ships, although nothing real serious.ÔÇØ

Just as I got the tactical report, my Comms officer, Lt Sandra Banes, notified me of a unnerving situation.

ÔÇ£Sir, the Comms array are picking up several scrambled messages coming from this region. I suspect that we are not the only three ships present at this time.ÔÇØ

As I analyzed the piece of information in my head, I quickly made a smart decision, ÔÇ£Tactical, Cloak the ship and switch all sensors to passive mode.ÔÇØ

Within a few seconds, the Sark vanished into empty space.

ÔÇ£Hail the Tenchi, I want to know what is going on here!ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Aye Sir!ÔÇØ, as Lt Banes quickly worked the Comms station, ÔÇ£Channel open sir.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Cmdr Minako, this is Cmdr Greg Miller, of the GCV-Sark, and Executive Officer of the Orion Fleet; What is your current status, and how many Insurgents are in the area, if you know.ÔÇØ

[/RP]

------------------

CMDR GREG 'GMAN' MILLER

ORION FLEET

FLEET EXECUTIVE OFFICER

T.B.G. NIGHTWATCH COMMANDER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

"Cmdr. Akuma has confirmed towing, sir," the comms officer relayed. Five seconds to Sark arrival."

"Very good. Prepare to cut cloak engines and engage tractors. Ready one dummy vagrant, Kazumi. Shenji will drop the tenchi's sheilds upon impact." Akira hoped his man hadn't been found out just yet. "Momo, do you have enough of a window to retrieve our man?"

"Yes sir," the Cheif Engineer replied, "providing he can get to the launch bay in time."

"Very well..."

"One ship in-bound. IFF reads GCV-Sark. She's found the Tenchi and Drakr. Stand by. Sir, the Sark has cloaked."

"Mark her last position," Akira ordered. "Very good, Cmdr. Miller. Better to be cautious. Just remember, this is a retrieval opperation. It needs not be anything more," Akira spoke under his breath.

A faint blink caught his eye. The datapad attached to his thigh had received an inter system communique via shroud-net. He tapped the screen. The jumbled code quickly reordered itself into a message. One of Akira's research facilities was under atack by a spacebourne vessel.

via secure shroud-net link

17 hops

Alpha 5 encoded:

...The GCV-Kurai has taken out four of six support craft and is moments away from finishing the remaining craft. Three ground to space missiles have been launched. Request orders...

"Comms, relay to Cmdr. Wold: Your orders are to procede best speed to Varan. Disable one GCV-Kurai. Ensure that her records are destroyed by any means possible. Raven group will be nearby if you need assistance."

"Aye, sir. Drakr has sent receipt of message," comms reported.

"Kazumi, prepare a full salvo of questars. Tell your gunners to switch to manual fire and avoid loosin PTA fire on the Tenchi. Let's give Cmdr. Miller a reason to chase..." Akira paused.

"ICV-Drakr is under way," the tactical officer reported.

"...Standby tractor beam... Standby dummy... Fire; decloak; engage tractor. Arai, all ahead full. Make for the farthest jump-gate from our position." The orders passed from Akira's mouth calm and smooth as if he were ordering from a menu.

Ther crew of the Nevermore executed each command with precision. Akira relished the moment as the g-forces pushed him into his command chair.

"Sheilds down; one missile away; confirmed hit on target. Tenchi's sheilds have dropped. Tractor engaged." Tactical had barely enough time to relay the messages. Everything was happening almost at once.

Now, Cmdr. Miller, Akira thought. Let's see what Orion's best has to offer my crew.

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. Akira

Commanding Officer

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Nevermore

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

Guest Commander Hamblin

[rp]

As the door leading out of the turbolift slid open, I quickly stepped out, making sure to straighten my uniform jacket. I walked down the corridor to one of Orion's giant hangar bays, pushing and shoving my way past the many flight technicians, engineers, pilots, mechanics, and crew moving large crates of cargo around on anti-grav units. The areas around a hangar bay are normally the busiest areas on any vessel or space station.

The hangar bay itself was no different, and getting to the ship I was concerned with was a nightmare. Pushing myself through the jungle of human bodies, the smell of sweat mixed with the smell of radine coming from the engines of each and every ship in this enormous hangar.

I'm gonna need a real shower before the day is out. I knew, though, that a real, proper shower, more often than not, wasn't available on a starship. A Battlecruiser, maybe, or indeed, any ship of the line, but it wasn't exactly a standard on most commercial and privately owned ships.

The ship I was interested in was a small, short range shuttle, currently registered to the GCV Galatea, and designated SC-1.

The Galatea itself was suspended high in the hangar, behind three metre thick transparent aluminium. The bay it was in was completely sealed off, and devoid of any atmosphere whatsoever. Getting on and off the ship was achieved by either transporters or by a docking umbilicle which extended from the ship to the station.

Ships over a certain size were put in these individual bays. Any ships smaller than that were sent to smaller, collective bays. I went to one of these bays, again pushing past who knows how many people just to get to it.

A technician was just climbing out of the cockpit as I was about to climb up. When he got down, he noticed me, and said "Sir, may I ask what you're doing here?"

"No you may not." I said, before climbing up to the shuttle, and closing the hatch.

[/rp]

------------------

COMMANDER JAMES HAMBLIN

ORION FLEET

GALATEA EXPLORATION WING

GCV GALATEA.

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

[rp]

The hailing frequency from Greg Miller was right on time. She blinked then began her speech as she had rehersed it in her mind. "Commander Miller! They've got a Tractor beam locked on me sir! Ever since I was out on patrol!"

She closes her eyes, several of the crew had left the main deck and retreated to their quarters, either feeling like traitors or fearing what is to come.

Suddenly as if with no warning Akuma Minako's Second in command Kirin Blake came on deck. Oh god no...Not now! You'll ruin everything!

"What the hell are you doing commander!" Kirin said looking up and noticing Greg Miller's face on screen. "Bout time you got here! I was getting sick of all of the trecherous things Akuma has been doing!"

Akuma palmed her face and groaned. "Look! It's not what you think!"

"It's exactly what you think! Akuma Minako is cooperating with the Enemy, she's..."

Akuma turned abruptly giving him a glare. "That's enough Kirin. I was attempting to negotiate with them."

The ship rocked violently sending Kirin into a wall. Kirin slid to his knees then keeled over unconcious. She looked down at her computer and surveyed the "damage".

"I've got hull breeches and casualties Commander!" She groans again. And I hope that those reports are false information like the last one.

"I need help asap. There's a hell of a lot of them!" She says before cutting the frequency. "Alright people...Return fire! Remember don't hit them! Glancing blows only."

[rp]

------------------

AKUMA MINAKO

ORION FLEET

GCV- TENCHI

DETERRENCE BATTLE GROUP

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

[rp]

The Kurai raced away from the facility on Varan and had breached the upper atmosphere. Lights were flashing on control panels and klaxons were blaring.

A new alarm sounded and the panicking Tacops officer reported, "Sir! I'm tracking 3 STO missiles inbound! We'll never survive this! Our shields are too weak!"

Hidama turned toward Tacops, "CALM DOWN!!! Everything's going to be okay! Remember your training! I need everyone focused if we're going to survive"

The Commander began to think hastely to himself: 'what to do what to do?? ok, you've been in combat before, don't panic, the crew will freak if they see their commander panicing. Ok, possibilities, Interceptors? No time, EMD, slim chance but we'll go with it...can't maneuver this crate...if only I was back in my fighter...dammit! this is no time to be nostalgic! The PTA, that might work, gotta try something, we're out of time...'

After a silent second Hidama came to a decision. "Activate the EMD, bring the ship about, let all the turrets have a crack at those missiles and pump every single watt of power into those shields!"

The ship spun and all the turrets opened fire on the closest missile, firing wildly toward their target.

"They're not hitting...WHY AREN'T THEY HITTING!" Hidama took a deep breath and tried to calm down.

"The EMD sir, it's affecting the PTA's targeting systems"

Hidama cursed under his breath. "Shut off the EMD!"

With a flick of the switch, the PTA's suddenly became much more accurate, impact after impact, until the missile exploded with a brilliant flash which barely ended before the turrets had aquired the next missile.

"Sir, the missiles are 4 clicks away, impact in 9 seconds!" The panic in her voice was apparant, but she kept herself steady.

"Status on the shields?"

"I managed to get them up to 64%, but that's the best I could do" Reported Kasugi, the Chief Engineer.

"It'll have to do..." Hidama pressed a button on a nearby console, "all hands, BRACE FOR IMPACT!"

There was a silent moment just before the first missile hit the shields. A moment which seemed to take forever, but all aboard the GCV Kurai were well aware of when it struck. The shields flickered out and a bulkhead was torn open from the explosion. The second missile was not far behind, its arrival announced by PTA fire, but it was out of their firing arc. A great hole opened up in the side of the hull, several crew members were pulled out into hard vaccum, fires and explosions errupted all about the ship as systems failed and overloaded.

Hidama picked himself up from where the impact had thrown him. "Damage report!"

Kasagi's distorted voice came over the commlink. "Whe- do -ou wan- me to beg-- sir? Shi--d gen-----r's fri-d, re--tor's of--ine, Mid turr-t's destr--ed. Engi--s are heav--y da--ged, Pow-r to th- ---nch bay is do-" The comlink suddenly went silent, cutting off Kasagi's report.

Hidama cursed under his breath

"Evacuate Deck 3 and all Sub-Decks, are the solar reactor's still functional? Good, rotate the ship to get maximum output, I want communications repaired and status on our cloaking device, we can't risk firing up the engines, work on repairing them. You," Hidama called over one of the bridge sentry marines, "Take these orders to Kasagi in engineering"

The marine nodded as he hurried off.

"I want a list of casualties as soon as you can, be ready to engage the cloaking device, that facility is bound to be calling reinforcements, cloak as soon as you see a ship enter the system"

The Navigation Officer struck the console in frustration then turned toward the commander. "Sir, the engine's are dead, burners are offline, I have no directional control, we're drifting..."

Hidama sighed in anger "this just keeps getting better and better...damned Insurgents...get those comm's up! we need some help here..."

Hidama almost slapped himself as he was hit with a flash of inspiration.

"Status on the probe launch systems?"

A few seconds later, "fine sir"

"Great, have a probe configured to beam data to GalCom HQ rather than us, program the probe to circle us several times, particularly the damaged areas then have it travel to the facility, that should let GalCom know what's going on"

[/rp]

------------------

Cmdr. Hidama Hasaki

GCV Kurai

1st Squadron, SIN Wing

Stationed, Starstation Wrath

ICQ 28215391, GMT-5

=Wraith Fleet=