Joy Ride revisited

Blades

Within the next few days, I shall be starting a new RP adventure, following on from the recent Joy Ride thread in much the same way as last years epic Preemptive Strike! story.

As in the PS scenario, I am inviting the role players amongst you to openly participate with this new story, but will insist (As I did before) that those participants observe the rules and scenario regulations I will impose on them.

Freeform RP has always been good fun, but a story like Preemptive Strike! and the upcoming scenario would suffer badly from everyone pitching in without a clear guidelines as to how it should be done. As such, I shall be posting detailed instructions as to how you can participate, and what capacity you can participate in. It might sound limiting, but it serves a story like this very well. For those of you unfamiliar with the Preemptive Strike! saga, I suggest you search back through the forum for it. Not only is it a good read, but it will better prepare you for how you will be participating. Also, elements in that previous story will come into play in the new scenario, so it makes sense that you follow it.

There will be a limit on the number of players able to be involved in this scenario, so when registration opens, everyone with a serious interest in participating (And seeing it through to itÔÇÖs conclusion) should do so quickly.

As before, certain ÔÇÿcharactersÔÇÖ will be run by exclusively by myself. These characters will be designated as NPCÔÇÖs. A full list of principle characters will be posted within the next day or two.

Without giving too much about the scenario away, itÔÇÖs a direct follow up from the Joy Ride thread. Set against the backdrop of the early weeks of the second Gammulan war, the scenarios main focus is the retrieval of Insurgent Commander Akira from his captors. Involving known personalities from both GalCom and the Insurgency, itÔÇÖs a race against time to prevent a catastrophe that could very well spell the end of the human race. Epic enough for you? More details to follow.

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. KARL SAVAGE

COMMANDING OFFICER, ORION FLEET

GCV-TSUNAMI

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'For Queen And Country'

[This message has been edited by Blades (edited 08-31-2000).]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds cool, but before ye starts plotting and what not I needs some clarification.

• Time Frame Joy Ride takes place - before, during, or shortly there after of Wraith Massacre

• Reason - Akira managed to fall into a trap and get himself caught by 'commie forces - that in itself is a great piece of work IMO biggrin.gif

• Akira still has a principle part to play in my yarn. I would rather not have a conflict of interest concerning RP endeavors.

Awaiting answer(s) biggrin.gif

TTFN

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 08-31-2000).]

Gallion, In the previous thread, I was making a few base assumptions. Firstly, that the action occured several weeks into the Gammulan conflict. This allows everything to be resolved in your thread and gives a little additional breathing room for tidying up loose ends.

Basically, everything from Joy Ride onwards is taking place with the Gammulan war in the background, with humanity curently holding the advance.

Hope that makes sense to you.

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. KARL SAVAGE

GCV-TSUNAMI

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'For Queen And Country'

I want in! biggrin.gif

I was planning on getting a new ship (Questar class cruiser as it is in the Fleet Database)as my last one was fried by a few STO missiles. I'll begin reviewing PE just moments after I post this message. If you need to contact me, I'm available on ICQ or e-mail at [email protected]. Surely you can use a SIN wing intel operative in the story wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Hidama Hasaki

GCV Kurai

1st Squadron, SIN Wing

Stationed, Starstation Wrath

you might as well stay and fight, because if you run, you will only die tired

ICQ 28215391, GMT-5

=Wraith Fleet=

Blades, please keep in mind that in Joy Ride Orion HQ is located in Centris, but in Wraith Masacre Orion HQ has been established as still being in orbit around Europa, Jupiter region. What I am getting at is this:

Is it feasible to say that while we were off battling the Gams, we had the time and resources to relocate Orion HQ to Centris?

I mean several weeks for station construction and HQ relocation is a bit rushed for me. But then again, that would explain why we were at HQ and not on the Front Lines, and that the Earthcom Station in Jupiter, seemed as if it was nonexistant. (They just weren't as effcient as us Galcom types. wink.gif).

Yes, this is a workable scenario, I just hope that the engineers didn't cut too many corners. biggrin.gif

------------------

CMDR GREG 'GMAN' MILLER

ORION FLEET

FLEET EXECUTIVE OFFICER

T.B.G. NIGHTWATCH COMMANDER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by GREG MILLER (edited 08-31-2000).]

Greg, dont comlicate things. wink.gif

Wherever Orion is located, it will have very little bearing on the scenario itself. It's not really an issue, but for arguments sake, we will say it's in Centris, and has been under construction there for a good while. Earthcom are due to take over the old Orion station at the outbreak of Gam war 2.

Thats my line on it, anyway. If anyone knows better (Such as the SC, who knows the where/when/why Orion moved to Centris) then please speak up just so we can get this minor point out of the way.

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. KARL SAVAGE

GCV-TSUNAMI

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'For Queen And Country'

I think it's a safe assumption that Rattler will definitely participate! biggrin.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official Tester,Battlecruiser Series

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Bad? You ain't seen BAD, But WE'RE Coming!

Guest Commander Hamblin

Blades, I have two questions.

1) Where's the fife?

and

2) Gimme the fife.

biggrin.gif

Whoops, those aren't questions...ok, here's a better one!

1) Do I have to call my ship GCV Galatea 2, or can I just carry on with GCV Galatea, since Galatea 2 sounds...um...stupid.

and

2) I'm joining up.

biggrin.gif

Oh well, I tried... frown.gif

------------------

COMMANDER JAMES HAMBLIN

ORION FLEET

GALATEA EXPLORATION WING

GALATEA EXPLORATION WING COMMANDER

GCV GALATEA.

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

"For I dip't into the future, far as human eyes could see. Saw the vision of the world and all the wonder that would be..."

Good work, Commander. In the future, if I have any questions about mating behaviour, I'll know where to go - Captain Kathryn Janeway.

Hamblin, it's not going to be called the Galatea 2, it's the second vessel commisioned as Galatea. Much like in game where you lose your first ship (Never happened to me, I might add smile.gif) you get a replacement with the same name.

Rattler, glad you onboard. We couldnt do it without you.

Gallion, how could we have an epic like this without your own special brand of anarchy?

Hamblin, so long as you dont screw it up you welcome. wink.gif

Hidama, Greg and anyone else, you are all invited to participate, but it will be within the confines I impose. Scenario details will be posted shortly, so please pay close attention to the updates. Registration will begin shortly.

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. KARL SAVAGE

GCV-TSUNAMI

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'For Queen And Country'

Guest Commander Hamblin

Hey, I would've been a part of Pre-emptive Strike (I hope you don't expect me to go to the trouble of putting that in bold every time I write it biggrin.gif) except it was just FAR TOO LONG! I couldn't be expected to read ALL of that! eek.gif

But this, since I've been participating since the beginning, all that's required is to follow it. I can do that. smile.gif

Oh, and I'll try and keep my ship intact this time. biggrin.gif

------------------

COMMANDER JAMES HAMBLIN

ORION FLEET

GALATEA EXPLORATION WING

GALATEA EXPLORATION WING COMMANDER

GCV GALATEA.

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

"For I dip't into the future, far as human eyes could see. Saw the vision of the world and all the wonder that would be..."

Good work, Commander. In the future, if I have any questions about mating behaviour, I'll know where to go - Captain Kathryn Janeway.

just finished reading through PE part 2 and my eyes are about to fall out of my head rolleyes.gif Needed to take this break REALLY badly before I return to the story. Quite a read and if you say this one'll be better, I REALLY want a part in it! biggrin.gif

I got no problem adhering to any rules you lay down, and after reading PE to the point I have now, I've got a pretty good idea of what to do.

I await your rules.

------------------

Cmdr. Hidama Hasaki

GCV Kurai

1st Squadron, SIN Wing

Stationed, Starstation Wrath

you might as well stay and fight, because if you run, you will only die tired

ICQ 28215391, GMT-5

=Wraith Fleet=

[This message has been edited by Cmdr Hidama (edited 08-31-2000).]

Well since I've gotten myself into this mess I suppose you have to let me join in too! biggrin.gif

As for the Fife... Gimme one too Blades! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

AKUMA MINAKO

ORION FLEET

GCV- TENCHI

DETERRENCE BATTLE GROUP

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

"War is the plague of Mankind, created by Mankind."

Looking forward to seeing the games begin, Blades. If you need another Intel ship, it'd be an honour if it were mine. If not, I'm sure there'll be a roll for me to fill. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

Stationed, *Starstation Wrath

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way." - John Paul Jones

ICQ 32545391, CST

=Wraith Fleet=

Guest aramike01

Ah, why the hell not? wink.gif"><P>I------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Fleet Commander

ICV-Intrepid

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

Tsk, they all call me names behind my back, and when I tell 'em we gonna play a game, they all come running. Tsk!

..... but seriously, good to have you all up for it. Details are a comming .....

A lemming whinning about name calling??? Didn't the lemmings start that? wink.gif

Well.... since I put a hole in Akuma's ship and shot a spy on my bridge from an unknown terran organization.....I'll play! biggrin.gif

------------------

Commodore Wold

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Drakr

"Do or do not, there is no try!"

ICQ 4669033

Would be good to play myself. smile.gif And you thought McKendrick was good with shuttles. biggrin.gif Teasing, that's been done. Have to think of something else.

Here if needed.

------------------

Vice Admiral Chavik

Balor Fleet

ICV Phoenix

Official BC3K Tester

"We Shall Arise From The Ashes"

Sure, I'll participate.

------------------

CMDR GREG 'GMAN' MILLER

ORION FLEET

FLEET EXECUTIVE OFFICER

T.B.G. NIGHTWATCH COMMANDER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

I hope I can participate in this. I think my Mercenary angle will add some confusion and make the story more interresting, not that it wouldn't be without me. I'll gladly follow any guidelines, hope to be RPing soon. Well not too soon, I got a big read. I'm not even done reading 'Joy Ride' yet. In the words of Doctor Samuel Becket from 'Quantum Leap'....."Oh Boy".

------------------

Commander Zeke Stone

Mercenary

UCV-Susceptor - "Never Give Up, Never Surrender"

**Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job** -- Douglas Adams

If there's still room, count me in, Blades. I'll see to it that I do better than in the PE thread this time smile.gif

------------------

CMDR DAVID FOSS,

ORION FLEET

COMMANDING OFFICER, DBG

DETERRENCE BATTLE GROUP

GCV - DETERRENCE

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

ICQ#39741435

"War is dangerous. Seek to prevent it, lest we step in."

Yip, this is encouraging. However, a lot of players that signed up for Preemptive Strike only posted once or twice and were written out of the plot because of it. This time around, I've got a few ideas as how to keep control over it. For one, there will be several 'Acts' in the scenario, which will only involve a few characters at a time. Characters not mentioned in the initial line up for the act wont be interacting in it. Period. References may be made to those external characters, but they wont be written in, or about.

Also, as before, there will be a strong Narrative element to the story. Written by me, it serves to set the scene, drop some subtle hints and let everyone know who is who and whats going on.

I will post further scenario details this evening.

------------------

Flt. Cmdr. KARL SAVAGE

GCV-TSUNAMI

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'For Queen And Country'

So basically what your saying Blades is that it's like an interactive novel or book! biggrin.gif I love it! Narriation is always the best for long stories.

------------------

AKUMA MINAKO

ORION FLEET

GCV- TENCHI

DETERRENCE BATTLE GROUP

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

"War is the plague of Mankind, created by Mankind."

Sorry, should've spoke up earlier... This RP adventure began freeform. I'm for it staying freeform.

Nothing against you, Blades, but the best RP's here have come from Free RP'ng (I point back to the first major RP that happened here).

Does this have the potential to be a huge story, yes. Does someone need to be in charge of the story? NO.

This story can and will take on a life of its own. In fact it already has.

Blades, I'd not be saying a thing if this story was entirely of your own making. Like Preemptive Strike, you create it, you control it.

However, the community created this together. Each person added his or her own plot twists and story lines. The story was better for it.

Let this one ride. If you want another PreStrike like rp, fine. Come up with an original idea and go for it.

Have ideas where you'd like this rp to go? Fine, involve your assets. But don't expect anyone to play by your guidelines unless you work out something between the two of you. And then, it'll only apply to the two of you.

------------------

Vice Admiral Akira

ICV-Nevermore, New Frontier

Fleet Leader - Bishamon Fleet

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

Hi Blades, Joy Ride was my first RP and it was fun because of the spontineity(sp?) of the participants. Had me checking it 2 to 3 times a day just to see if a new twist had been added. biggrin.gif

Personally, I agree with Akira. This RP started free form and as one of the early participants I would like to see it continue as free form. I know that Akuma started Joy Ride so if she wants to have it switch in mid-stream, that's fine with me. smile.gif

If this really does go to a strict line with you as the 'director' I won't throw a snit fit and quit. But I also won't make a hard line promise to "stay under the speed limit" either, mainly because I don't know what the restrictions would be. wink.gif

Despite my badgering you about being a lemming biggrin.gif, I do think that your an excellent writer and have put in some great twists and ideas, but I do feel strongly about this. I didn't speak up sooner because I'm fairly new to the board and real new to the RP world and Rattler asked me to go slow. Akira broke the ice so to speak so here's my nickles worth. I don't mean to be rude and please don't take this personally, but please take it into consideration.

Thanks, wink.gif

------------------

Commodore Wold

ICV-Drakr, Spectre Starstation

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

"Do or do not, there is no try!"

ICQ 4669033

[This message has been edited by Wold (edited 09-03-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Wold (edited 09-03-2000).]