Joy Ride revisited

Blades

Right.

Firstly, my definition of a freeform scenario is literally that. Everyone can picth in, do what they like, add subplots, twists, turns etc and make for a truelly global playing field. Thats fine up to a point.

The reasons I want this to be moderated in a fassion is simple : It's a very complicated story which cannot offored to be taken in every direction that may seem interesting at the time. Without any guidelines the plot could easily become fragmented, and lose it's appeal.

Fair enough, if it was your average RP story, I wouldnt have any objections to letting it just run, but this isnt your average story.

However, if those that are going to participate want this to run completely freeform, so be it. Personally, I believe the way I've currently got it sorted in my head suits a controlled scenario better, but Im going to go with majority rule here.

I dont want it to seem as if Im taking over this project, im not. I just want to realise the huge potential there is here, and tell a story that can really unite all the different player factions in a way that has never, nor could ever, have been done before.

Anyway, I'll let you lot decide this for yourselves. I'll just sit back until everyone has said their bit, then get this show on the road, one way or another.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

GCV - Tsunami, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet Leader, ORION FLEET

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your friendly neighbourhood newbie here with his two cents. mad.gif"><P>hereLet's solve the issue quickly so it doesn't turn into another stint like in the Fleet Related Discussion which resulted in the heavy reg's to our sig's.

Blades could start a new story based strongly on the event near the end of Joy Ride, which, as I saw it, wasn't all that freeform as time went on.

I don't mind if the new story is freeform or moderated, I'll still post to both and would actually prefer moderated as it will make the story less confusing and jumbled.

there, it's not a big deal if this new story is moderated or not, but since it originated from Akuma, maybe Blades should ask her, although she seems fine with the idea.

Anyway, my vote is for moderated.

I await your decision.

glares at his F5 key

------------------

Commander Hidama Hasaki

GCV Kurai, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wraith Fleet/SIN Wing

http://www.hasakitech.com

[This message has been edited by Cmdr Hidama (edited 09-03-2000).]

Well, what ever happens I would like to see the RP get started again before all momentum is lost.

I also noticed that Joy Ride had begun to switch from free from to a more controlled rp. I will post either way and make every effort to stay in any guide lines. biggrin.gif No hard feelings here and none intended.

------------------

Commodore Wold

ICV-Drakr, Spectre Starstation

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICQ 4669033

Guest aramike01

How about a compromise? Moderated, but not as heavily as Blades suggested earlier. And, how about mot exclusively moderated my one person. If one person moderated the whole story, it really just becomes his story, and we're all just pitching in details. So why don't we just all go at it, and if someone does something plain foolish, whoever notices just steps in!

------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

ICV-Intrepid

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

Any more input from you lot? I dont wanna lose momentum here, so if you have any final comments/suggestions please post them.I'll review it again later this evening, and considering this is resolved in a way where we are all happy bunnies (No pun intended) we'll kick off on the weekend.

Hop to it gents (Pun intended)

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

Hoy! I just got finished reading 'joy ride' nice work =). Also managed to catch the back end of Pre-emptive strike (yeah, missed it =). Cool to see Pancake made it, however useless he was. *snicker*

I've been totally away from general net access since around christmas, good to be back. And no, I have nothing to do with the aguava shortage in Mexico, I swear. I didn't drink *that* much tequila =P.

Anyhow, back now, slowly ramping back up, (and downloading patches, but that's life with BC, neh?). Grin, I'd be willing to participate in the next RP thread, if you'll have me. Oh, and to throw my two bits in, I think blades does an excellect job moderating, hat's off to you.

PS- I was sooo expecting Hamblin to just flat out ram Akira, heh. Reguardless, very cool imagery.

[This message has been edited by Bad Mojo (edited 09-12-2000).]

• 2 weeks later...

I'm ALIVE! ALIVE! Sorry folks! I have some troubles with my registry! Bah! I'm back now! What say we get this rp on the road eh?

[rp]

Kirin sat holding Insurgent One's patch in his hands. Turning it over and over in deep thought. I know i should give this to you Akuma...I know you need it. He grips it tighter then stands.

Moving stiffly he shoves the insigna into his pocket and leaves his quarters. As he walks down the hall the echo of his feet make him jump. I'm just being parinoid. He thinks to himself. But as he passes people he swears to himself that they're all looking at him with...Fear? Anger? Doubt? Mistrust?

His mind warps back to the situation. To all of the strange things that were happening at that time. And at the heart of it, he knew was Akuma. She always was the heart. Never the mind, or the body, or the spirit, but the heart...

Med Bay.

He moves into the Medical Bay with a heavy heart. Approaching the bed where Commander Akuma Minako lay, unmoving, barely breathing, in a coma.

He places a hand on her bed and looks down on her. I should give this to you. He pulls out the insigna and looks down at it. but would you really want it.

He sits down at her side and presses the badge into her palm. We need you. he thinks despretly to himself. We need you.

------------------

AKUMA MINAKO (I'LL FIX MY INSIGNA I SWEAR.)

[This message has been edited by Akuma Minako (edited 09-26-2000).]

Of course you can! smile.gif It's open to everyone...I think...

------------------

Commander Akuma Minako

GCV - Tenchi, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

"A sound of the brink where man stops and the beast and nameless cruel forces begin. -Jenny Holzer"

Sure, it's open to all. And while Im here, it's not been forgotten, it's just stalled a bit while I've been sorting out a few other things. I will be posting the opening RP and a few Guidelines for this epic within the next couple of days, and we should be well n truely under way by the weekend. Now, I've decided to go with a structured, moderated RP here, but it wont be as restrictive as the PS thread. Just one thing - There is a set story line here, as there was always going to be, but there is an oppurtunity for sub plots a pleanty.

There will be a few principle participants, who the story more or less revolves around, and those characters will be mentioned here before things start. These characters will mostly consist of forum commanders that are involved in this plot, and are NOT to be killed off at any point in the plot for obvious reasons. If the story warrants it, they could be hurt, confined, made unavoidably unavailable, but never killed. Got that? Good.

I'll post again later today with some more details. For now, the story is going to start four days after the end of Joy Ride and will open with all the background scenario info in my initial post.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

my god, the thread is still alive?

the show will go on?

YAY!

*happy little hyper dance*

and just how desperate are you Akuma? wink.gif

------------------

Commander Hidama Hasaki

GCV Kurai, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wraith Fleet/SIN Wing http://www.hasakitech.com

[This message has been edited by Cmdr Hidama (edited 10-04-2000).]

Arghh ! Give me a break, dammit! I keep gettin distracted.

[stress]

Good News

I'm actually going to have some time at the end of this week to start this thing off since I've just handed in my notice at work tonight.

Bad News

Two weeks from this date I'm not gonna be around much for a bit since I'm starting a new job and will require time to get myself settled there.

Good News

My love life is picking up once again, so Im gonna be a more cheerful Fleet Commander in the coming weeks.

Bad News

My EX has just professed her love for me and is really complicating my already screwed up life. As a result, my mood will shortly be changing from Good to Bad.

Good News

My new boss offered me a fairly impressive starting salary.

Bad News

I'm sure when he walked me out of the offive HE called me darling.

As you can see, things are up and down for me at the moment, so dont expect too much from me for the next few chaotic weeks. Im doing everything I can, when I can, and IF I can.

[/stress]

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

[This message has been edited by Blades (edited 10-02-2000).]

Hey, your Number One here,

If there is anything I can do Fleet wise to lighten your load, please send it my way.

smile.gif

------------------

Commander Greg Miller

GCV - Sark, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet XO, Wing Leader, Tsunami Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

Dude , dont listen to that girl , i had the something going , at one point i even called my girlfriend , my ex's name wow frown.gif mistake .. hehe she was so pissed at me , so i called my ex yelled at her and hey no more problems now smile.gif sorry if this sounds really hard or so ..

------------------

Commander Nick Jamont

GCV Prophecy IV, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Intel & Espionage Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

"silence is gold"

Um ... right now Im more concerned with my new boss calling me darling. But hey ho, thanks for your opinions on my twisted love life. However, the EX I was talkin about, well, she more a long term project kinda thing. It's not simple and easy and, well, I BTDT all before so I know the warning signs. However, it boils down to paranoia and fear of losing her. Long term, I want her. She knows this, I know this, my friends and family know this. Her problem is about timing etc. Gah, it's so complicated, Im sure I'll be explaining this to a shrink someday soon.

Anyway, enough of my wretched existence, and on with the plot. I shall be posting (Finally) with the intro on weds night. Be there.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'