Into The Fire : ACT ONE - Alliances

Blades

ok here goes biggrin.gif

[/rp on]

0930 hrs, 18th May, 3008

Lyrius, Syrius

The generis had been following the jump anomolies for the past two hours, with no sign of any actual vessel. Antilles was preparing to transport over to the Eclipse for the final leg of the journey. As the generis neared the debris field where the Eclipse was hiding, he looked out the viewport in time to see the space in front of them twist and shimmer into the shape of a sleek, well armed battlecruiser. Antilles opened a com channel to the now visible ship. he began speaking as the familiar visage of his long time friend and fellow officer, Chase Halliday faded into existance.

"Chase, I need a transport over. When I get to the bridge I want a full status report. Antilles, out." As he finished, he felt the the tingling sensation as the transporter began it's operation. A few minutes later he was once again aboard his ship and was walking briskly toward the bridge.

Not long after ariving on the bridge and hearing Hallidays report, the Eclipse recloaked and headed toward the jump point where the last anomoly had appeared. As they were leaving, Antilles sent an encoded message to the generis. No acknowledgment came, and none was needed. His instructions were clear, and the crew of the generis well trained in the art of black ops. Soon, the transport would fade into the spacelanes as just another overworked, underkept trader.

2249, 18th May, 3008

Lennon, Syrius

The Eclipse reverted to realspace on the other side of the jump point. Antilles listened with mild boredom as the bridge crew ran through the post jump checklist.

He had them follow this routine everytime they jumped to a new system. Though it added a few seconds to the exit, it did help keep the crew on top of the situation. He listened more intently as the tactical officer ran through the scanners looking for any anomolies or hostiles.

"Scanners are clean... Hold... Brief contact, focusing sensors to sweep area.... No contacts... Expanding search cone... Contact locked, reading as the GCV-GR... We lost them, sir. They just disappeared... Attempting to reestablish lock... Failed. Request that we launchinterceptors 1 and 2 in search pattern." Lieutenant Douglas stated briskly.

"Request noted and denied, Miles." Commodore Antilles said calmly. Douglas swiveled around in supprise. "But, Sir.." he started.

"Why not?" Antilles finished for him."There is no need, The information we just collected confirmed that the ship I was following was the GCV-Graff Spee. For the time being, that is all we need to know. Just continue to scan for any anomoulous hyperjumps. In the mean time, I have a meeting to get to." Antilles stood then almost as an afterthought, added..."Is Intercepter 1 still preped for launch?"

"Aye, Sir." came the quick responce.

"Good, it's been awhile since I flew one of those, about time I brush up." Antilles said as he walked through the bridge's blast doors leaving the bridge crew to carry on in his absense. He wasn't too worried about leaving the Eclipse, Halliday was a good man he'd take care of her.

[rp off]

I've arived and am on my way to the meeting.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 10-23-2000).]

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seven words and one number: I hate having 7 courses in one semester!

(RP)

1125, 18th May, 3008

Bacon? Bacon and eggs? Real bacon and eggs? I opened my eyes, sure at last that I wasn't dreaming. Getting out of bed, I quickly got dressed.

Sarah was preparing her specialty, all right. Some may think that baccon and eggs is a basic meal, but they've never had her bacon and eggs.

She was just serving two plates as I reached the bottom of the stairs. "Why didn't you wake me?"

She looked up in surprise, nearly dropping the last plate. "For crying out loud, David, don't sneak up on me like that! I was trying to surprise you."

"Aye. Well, you should know by now that you can't surprise me with this. It's too good to sleep through."

She laughed as she looked at the clock. "Ten minutes. Pretty soon you'll be getting up as soon as I start cooking them."

Breakfast went off without a hitch. Then, as I knew it would, the day came to a grinding halt. Unfortunately, I'd had to program it that way.

The message vanished from the screen, and I turned to her. "Sarah, I need to borrow your shuttle."

If life had been a cartoon, her jaw would have smashed through the floor. She gaped at me, and it took a few moments for her to form a coherent sentence.

"You... You need to borrow my shuttle?"

Mine is undergoing maintenance, and I've been called back to duty. They need me back at the Starbase.

She looked down, the disappointment showing plainly on her face. "There is nothing I can do to convince you to let McKay do this, is there?"

"Only if you can convince Karl. Hell, even then, I don't think McKay would go along with it."

She smiled, but it was a forced one at best. "You're probably right. All right, take her. But if you scratch her, you'll be in ICU for the next hundred years!"

"I'll bring her back with a complete overhaul, how's that?"

Now the smile was genuine. "Agreed."

I leaned close, and gave her a long kiss, one which she did not pull away from. In fact, it turned into an embrace that lasted close to a minute. "I'll talk to you in a few days. As soon as I find out what's going on."

"Just don't get yourself killed, David."

"I won't..."

I turned to head for the spaceport. God, I hated to lie to her. I'd placed fake orders in the database and set an automatic deletion on them. There would be no record. I was going on a black ops mission, the worst kind. I hated to lie and I hated to go into a mission with no idea what to expect. It was entirely possible that I was walking into a trap. Someone could have faked the FC's command codes and gained access to the system, sending a fake message that would delete all traces of itself. For all I knew, I could be walking into a trap. The question was, who set it... and why?

The shuttle flew up from the surface of Earth, and headed directly for Pixan...

(/rp)

Well, Foss is finally on his way. If it interests anyone, the placeholder I had on the first page has finally been filled. It's my last post on that page.

------------------

Commander David Foss

GCV - Deterrence, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Wing Leader, Deterrence Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'This far, no farther!'

[This message has been edited by David Foss (edited 10-22-2000).]

Time to get to Pixan smile.gif

[rp]

08:30 hrs, 18th May, 3008

Sol, Jupiter

Captain's Quarters

After Jake followed his Captain in, he was in no hurry to hear was Zeke had to say. In past experiences, the news was never good, especially if a drink a required. In fact, they had the drink first.

"Well, do you care to know what it is I wanted to speak to you about?" Zeke asked finally.

"This should be good," Jake said with a grin.

"Oh, it is. You see while Mr. Thompson was explaining to everyone why the reactor wasn't working he was non-chalantly typing to me why it really wasn't working." Zeke started.

"You mean, it isn't out of sync," it was a sarcastic tone that Jake was using. He had known for a while that one part of a ship couldn't go out of phase with time without blowing something up or dissapearing alltogether.

"Actually, Thompson use his manual override code to shut down the reactor. He said that it was very unstable and could explode at any momment, on or off. He believes that it is a little safer while it is off since it would no longer be using Radine, but isn't sure." Zeke went on while making himself another drink. Mixing drinks was always a hobby of Zeke's.

"So, what's your plan?" Jake said stiffly, then added, "and don't bother buttering it up, I know it's gonna be a crazy longshot."

Zeke gave his friend a innocent look, "Me? crazy plans? You must be mistaken. Actually this one is quite simple, we eject the reactor into space and get towed to Pixan via Shuttle 1."

Zeke smiled as he realized that he had finally puzzled his friend. Jake started to ask something but Zeke was answering the question allready.

"Why Pixan, and not Earth. Well it seems we were missinformed twice, yet the first missinformant actually informed us correctly without even knowing it," Zeke paused just long enough for Jake start to ask another question then interrupted him, "How do I know this, well let's just say I have certain informants in strategically placed places."

The two men sat there and continued to drink and think before they heard the door sliding open. It was Tacops officer Christel Swordo.

"Haven't you ever heard of knocking," Zeke joked.

Swordo smiled as they both knew the door was sound proof, "Thompson say that Part 1 is complete."

"Thank you, Jake the bridge is yours. Someone one come and get me when the shuttles ready to launch." Cmdr. Stone said, dismissing Lt. Commander Burke Tacops Officer Swordo at the same time.

What Thompson meant was that the Nuclear Reactor was ready to be ejected into space. Of course it was pointless and impossible to eject it at the momment.

12:30 hrs, 18th May, 3008

Sol, Jupiter

Captain's Quarters

As the door once again slid open, Cmdr. Stone jumped up from his snoozing and shuffled some papers to make it look as if he was working.

"That won't work with me Zeke, I know what you were doing. Anyways, Shuttle 1 is ready to launch on your Command." Jake said and yelled something behind him.

"Make it so," Cmdr. Stone ordered and made way to the Bridge.

12:35 hrs, 18th May, 3008

Sol, Jupiter

Bridge

"Tractor Beam engaged," Jake observed as the ship began to rotate.

Once it was completely turned around, the lights flickered to life as the Solar Reactor came online. They were lucky to have a garden on board otherwise, they may run out of air.

"Eject the Nuclear Reactor. Shuttle 1, take us to Pixan." Stone ordered.

"Jump Anomaly Forming."

"Entering Hyperspace."

[/rp]

Don't worry, it isn't just a coincidence that an informant just happened to know I was tracking a shuttle that showed up at Pixan. wink.gif

------------------

Commander Zeke Stone

Mercenary

UCV-Susceptor - "Never Give Up, Never Surrender"

**Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job** -- Douglas Adams

Sorry Blades, Rattler, schools a ***** if you know what I mean. Grrr.

[rp]

Kirin woke up to his alarm clock and threw it accross the room with a groan. It felt like he had been hit with a battlecruiser then run over by a mob of insurgents and then tossed around by the grammulens in a game of lacross.

He rolled over, misjudged and fell promptly out of bed. Cursing and fumbling with the sheets he stood up and placed a hand on the dresser. "God, it's mornings like these that I wish I didn't have to get out of bed."

"Then don't." A soft menacing female voice said from the shadows.

Kirin's eyes buldged and he pulled the sheets over his almost entirely naked body. "Who's there?"

The figure stepped forward. A woman clad in fine red and black garments...A woman with a knife...And a message.

"Oh god." Kirin said as she grinned madly. "Security!" He pressed a button by his bed. "Security!"

"No one can hear you Kirin." She smiled. "No one can hear you and no one cares." She reached out and grabbed his wrist pinning him against the bed with a superhuman strength.

"What do you want?" Kirin managed to wheeze out.

"You're going to tell me a lot of things. Then you're going to go to the S.S Vulture and you're going to give Rattler this."

She handed him a black box. Kirin took the item and stared at it. "What...What is it?"

"Let's just say that you're commander hasn't made us too happy. She's been more trouble than she's worth. If you don't give it to Rattler than I'll just conviently press this button." She gestured at a palm device. "And you and all of those aboard the Vulture will die in a tragic accident."

Kirin stared at her with fear attempting to free himself from her grasp. "Damn you!"

She smiled. "No thanks. Been there and done that." She kissed him then...Forcefully, painfully. "Take care of yourself Kirin."

She left the room, muffled peals of laughter followed in her wake and all Kirin could do was stare at the black box and wonder how he managed to get in this mess.

[/rp]

Hope that works....Blades, you work on it. I'm just the Muse. cwm4.gif

------------------

Commander Akuma Minako

GCV - Tenchi, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

[rp]

05:05 hrs, 17th May, 3008

Pixan Starstation In Orbit Of Lennen

Wayne MullerÔÇÖs Suite

I awoke early this morning, probably due to the fact that my mind kept wondering what the hell is going on lately. There was no point trying to go back to sleep, as I knew it would never happen. The first night on this god forsaken starstation was passed by simply going to sleep. For I had no interest or desire in exploring outside of my temporary quarters, nor did I want to socialize with the locals. I had a bad night, I could tell. I ached all over, and by the site of my bed, had been tossing and turning all night. I proceeded to the shower, hoping that the hot water would loosen me up a bit. After my shower, I got the impression that ÔÇ£HotÔÇØ water must have been an expensive luxury, because my water was everything but.

10:47 hrs, 17th May, 3008

Wayne MullerÔÇÖs Suite

After I had a quick breakfast and checked out the online station directory and happenings, I decided to venture out into this dangerous place and become more acquainted with my surroundings. I first decided to take a personal tour of the promenade and familiar myself with the best hiding places and crawl spaces should I need them in the future. Then would proceed to the docking areas to make sure I know where to go and how to get there from any other point. I must admit, leaving the comforts of my quarters wasnÔÇÖt that pleasurable to ponder. Still if all hell broke loose, this knowledge could mean the difference between life and death. I grabbed my wrist laser and made sure it was well concealed from anybodyÔÇÖs sight. Due to its more bulkier size, I left the side arm hidden in its place. Although I would have preferred to have it over the wrist laser, its possible detection attributes were not worth the risk. As I walked out, I made sure, and double sure, the door was securely locked

14:04 hrs, 17th May, 3008

Promenade

As my romp on the promenade was coming to an end, I started getting hungry. I found this bar a few feet ahead of me. The name of the establishment was ÔÇ£Slick WillieÔÇÖsÔÇØ, and was buzzing with life. I decided that I would enter and grab a bite to eat, and if I was luck, maybe even stumble on some important intel. As I entered and looked around, a small table in the back , darkened, right, corner caught my eye. I thought this was the perfect place for someone laying low to blend in with the scenery. After I sat down, a waitress came up to me and asked me what was I having. I looked at her and ordered Pepsi, and a burger with fries. She took my order and headed for the kitchen. As I observed the room, I noticed an individual I had an altercation with just a month earlier.

Grady McCray was his name and smuggling was his game; although back then I could not prove that, today was another story. That day I was patrolling Jupiter space when the Canlon, under his command and running under a trader IFF, came through the Earth Jump gate. I suspected something was a rye when he was on a direct course for the Sirius Wormhole with a leaking plasma vent. Onboard the Sark, I hailed the damaged Canlon to see if she needed assistance. No one answered the hail, so I decided to investigate. I had order the Sark to pull along side and engaged the tractor beam. As the beam engaged, I got an immediate hail, McCray was not happy to say the least. I inquired as to why my initial hail was ignored. He claimed he didnÔÇÖt need assistance and didnÔÇÖt want to be bothered. When I told him he was towing him to Orion Station for an inspection, he cut off the view screen. Before I could change course, he opened fire on the Sark, and the tractor beam disengaged. His attack was not that bad but bad enough. He managed to not only take out the tractor beam, but one engine as well. After the damage had been done, he headed to the wormhole and disappeared. I immediately ordered ÔÇ£Red AlertÔÇØ and gave chase with shields up and weapons hot. The Sark made it through the worm hole, but the Canlon had already disappeared. As I limped home on one engine, I swore the next time I saw that ship, The S.S. Bengal, McCray would pay for the day he opened fire on me. Now I find myself just a mere few yards from McCray, but I was powerless to do anything about it. ThatÔÇÖs unless I want to stir up a beeÔÇÖs nest.

As I continued to observe the place, the waitress had returned with my order. Surprisingly as I bit into my burger, it was a damn good one, I havenÔÇÖt had a burger this good in ages. After I finished my meal, I decided to stay until McCray left first. I didnÔÇÖt know if he would remember me, but wasnÔÇÖt willing to take that chance. About another 25 minutes had passed and McCray made his away out of the establishment and disappeared into the crowd outside. I gave him another 10 minutes and then paid my bill and proceeded to leave. The idea of McCray lurking about gave me an uneasiness, so I decided to scrap the rest of my tour and head for my quarters.

16:19 hrs, 17th May, 3008

Wayne MullerÔÇÖs Suite

The journey back to my quarters was thankfully, uneventful. Once I got in I decided to check the station logs to see when McCray was leaving this hell hole, or better yet, IF he was leaving. My luck was good today, he was schedule to depart at 14:00 hours on May 18, 3008. One less potential hazard to worry about is fine with me. After that I scanned the ship database for the SS Vulture. I didnÔÇÖt run a direct query for it, in hopes of not raising suspicions. Nothing yet, she must be coming unannounced. I then decided to watch some news, the stories from the Gam War Front were not enjoyable to say the least. After the news, my mind kept dwelling on the ongoing Gam War.

ÔÇ£What am I doing hear? Why am I not at my post, serving the Galaxy? Am I not serving the Galaxy now?ÔÇØ

I canÔÇÖt wait to find out just what the hell I am doing here. The unknown and uncertainty are trying to get the best of me, but I mustnÔÇÖt let it. With that I turned in for the evening, sleep was best right now.

10:01 hrs, 18th May, 3008

Wayne MullerÔÇÖs Suite

After a better nights rest then the previous, I actually slept in this morning. I decided to stay in my suite until 15:00 hours and I was sure that McCray was gone. Now for another not so hot shower.

After the shower, I decided to order breakfast in. Looking over the menu, nothing caught my eye as a restaurant class entr├®e, but then again this was anything but a restaurant.

The food can with in 5 minutes, and actually looked better than the video screen image. Eggs, sausage links, pancakes, homefries, and toast; not to mention the usual beverage, Pepsi. Actually, I had to settle for Coca Cola, due to the fact that they didnÔÇÖt have any Pepsi. Oh well, canÔÇÖt have everything at a galaxy delinquent hideout, eh?

After breakfast, I then started to pack my stuff up for departure.

22:31 hrs, 18th May, 3008

Promenade

After I had checked out and proceeded to grab some food, I now need to scope out the docking bays and to find out where the Vulture was going to be. I had found a arrival/departure panel and according to it, the Vulture had arrived about an half an hour ago. As I made my way to the docking bay, I made sure that nobody was watching me or following me.

22:45 hrs, 18th May, 3008

Launch Bay

I found the Vulture and proceeded to request to come aboard. As I made my way to her, the thought of a lot of answers to a lot of unanswered questions were running circles around my head. I touched the external Comms pad and announced my arrival.

ÔÇ£Cmdr Greg Miller, reporting for duty.ÔÇØ

I had to make sure I didnÔÇÖt say that to loudly so someone else would hear me reveal my true identity. Instantly the door had opened and I proceeded to enter.

[/rp]

I believe this catches me up.

smile.gif

------------------

Commander Greg Miller

GCV - Sark, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet XO, Wing Leader, Tsunami Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

Well here goes... I'm on Pixan and am about to make a "purchase" If anyone has read the BC Mod thread you probably know what I'm doing. The transactions and delivery are secret, though some of you might catch sight of me purchasing something. biggrin.gif I'd say that if all goes well, the modifications should be operational in 1 to 2 days and complete a day of so after that.

[rp on]

0945 hrs, 18th May, 3008

Lennon, Syrius

Kyle Antilles was quietly pondering the plan that had slowly formulated itself in his mind over the past few days. He hoped that here at Pixan he might be able to find the necessary items to make it work. The comm beeped, and he activated it hoping Pixan had FINALLY given him docking clearance.

[PIXAN STARSTATION DOCKING CONTROL TO INTERCEPTOR ALPHA CHARLIE NINER YOU ARE CLEARED FOR DOCKING BAY 12, TRANSMITTING COORDINATES NOW. CONTROL OUT.]

"Acknowledged Control, Alpha Charlie Niner proceeding to specified coordinates. Out." He leaned back into the cramped cockpit and slowly maneuvered toward the gaping maw of the docking bay. A minute later, he felt the pull of the tractor beam locking onto his craft and guiding it in. The craft settled onto the tarmac with a metal clang, and Commodore Antilles began the post flight checklist. After finishing, he unloaded his sidearm and wrist laser. Antilles stretched; it was always cramped in the fighterÔÇÖs cockpit, even more so today since he was wearing body armor under his uniform. The EF Marine he had chosen as his copilot followed Antilles, always attentive, as they neared the customs checkpoint.

"Identification, please." The board sounding customs attendant said.

Antilles gave the man his cards and waited while he scanned them in the reader.

"Everything checks out, even though you and your escort are permitted to carry your firearms, we look down on those who use them. Enjoy your stay on Pixan Starstation." The attendant said tiredly, obviously he said that speech more time than he cared to remember. From the looks of the carbon scoring around the shielded cubical, at least a few of the stations denizens hadn't heeded it.

Antilles walked past the man, and looked for an information booth. Finding one, he looked up a listing of ship dealers on the station. After scrolling through the list he found the one he was looking for. It had been a long time since he had been to Pixan and he was somewhat surprised that the dealer was still there. He began making his way through the overcrowded morass of beings to the turbo shafts.

Several minutes later he finally arrived at his destination, an old storefront that looked like it had been there since the station had been built. Antilles walked inside, leaving the marine outside on guard. After looking around the nearly deserted shop for a minute or two, an old twisted husk of a man approached him.

"I'm Jeb Reynolds, proprietor," The grizzled old man began. "How can I help you?"

Antilles started at the old man for a few seconds then began. "Jeb! You old pirate, you look horrible! The last time I saw you, you were doin' well in the shipping business, what happened?"

Jeb looked a little puzzled, took out his glasses, squinted a little and brightened as he recognized Antilles. "I never though I would see ye again, lad." he finally said. "I barely recognized ye w' that Insurgent uniform, looks a' though ye finally got yerself on the right side." Jeb paused a second then continued, " I had a 'fallin' out' as the station managers would say it. They say I's not be good enough no more, sorta forced me ta retire, if e know what I mean, lad. So here I be, not much business, but I ken make a decent livin'. But what d'ye come 'ere for, lad? not just ta chat w' an old man."

"Well, I was hoping you were still selling ships. I know how you always liked plying the space lanes, so I have a offer for you," Antilles said. "I need two Vandals, in return I'll give you two of my shuttles, and the protection of two of my interceptors. I know that probably won't cover the cost, so I'm also willing to pay cash for the diferance and for a few parts I need to complete a few modifications on my ship."

Jeb stood there a minute then started slowly, "I ken fix ye up w' what ye want, but I be too old to start trading again. I jes want a good piece o land ta live on. If ye ken get me off o this place I'd be much obliged."

"I think that can be arranged, in the mean time, I'll use the shuttles and fighters to escort you back to Destiny. Also, in roder to cover part of the cost, I'm transferring 10 million credits to your account. I'll contact the Eclipse and have her send the shuttles to get you by 1300. Here's a comm unit, they will know the frequency to use." Antilles said. Reynolds looked both pleased and shocked as he told Kyle goodbye, "I dunna wha' ta say, lad. I wish ye luck on your endeavors, an be careful. Der's been rumors o' something big goinÔÇÖ on here."

Antilles left the shop and motioned for the marine to rejoin him. Heading back up to the more populated sectors of the station, he found what looked like a reputable salesman and rented a small apartment. After settling down, he contacted the Eclipse and set his plan into motion. Finishing that he left the room with the marine in tow to look for the Vulture.

[rp off]

Well there ya go folks. biggrin.gif

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

Spectre Fleet

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 10-28-2000).]

[rp]

Pixan Starstation

1735 hours

I looked behind me to see who had put their hand on my shoulder. Hmm...a EarthCOM trooper? "Excuse me, sir," he said, "May I see some ID?" I took in the odds, 3 troopers, all in EarthCOM attire, the other 2 covering me. "I'm afraid not, you don't have jurisdiction outside of Earth..remember." I replied to his quarry. "I'm afraid I need to see some ID, or I'll throw you in the brig," he said with more then a little anger. "I'm not showing you some ID unless you can tell me why EarthCOM troopers are doing on Pixan." He glanced back at his comrades and then pulled away. Guess it wasn't worth it. I walked torwards the Vulture, keeping whatever cover I could between me and the entrance. "I hope I don't need my PDW," I muttered to myself. I walked up to the Vulture and activated the comms pad, "Master Gunny Sargent Nimitz, reporting in." I patiently waited for a response, but instead of something verbal the door opened up for me.

The door shut behind me. It looked just like every other ship I had been on. Sterile colored everything. I wondered where I was supposed to head to when a someone came up behind me. I waited for them to speak....

[rp]

[rp]

14:15hrs, 18th May, 3008

Lennen, Sirius

Approaching Pixan Starstation

"Channel open Sir," The Comms Officer informed his Captain.

"Commander Zeke Stone of the UCV-Susceptor requesting docking clearance," he would've got Kawalski request clearance but things happened quicker when he did it.

After a few momments an audio only transmission came through from the station, "Sorry to keep you waiting Commander, after the SS Bengal exits Docking Bay 1 you can continue on in. Pixan Out."

"Aye, Susceptor Out."

The UCV-Susceptor was smoothly towed by Shuttle 1 toward Docking Bay 1. After the Canlon slowly departed the bay, the shuttle brought the ship in range of the bay's tractor beam before dissengaing his and returning to the ship. Inside the bay they were greeted with docking clamps and a slowing extending ramp leading to the station.

Commander Stone used his terminal to search for the Shuttle they had followed. Once he found it he gave Jake Burke Command of the vessel and went on a solo mission. Memories of his days as freelancing Merc flashed through his mind and he suddenly felt like everything was going right for him.

14:30, 18th May, 3008

Pixan Starstation in orbit around Lennen

Docking Bay 3

As Zeke wandering into the Docking bay containing the shuttle he noticed a person leaning over. The person was looking in a side panel he had open on the craft.

"Howdie," Zeke called, trying to be friendly. This caused the person to promptly smash there head on the open panel which closed shortly after with a large clanging noise.

"Damn. Hi there, what can I do for you?" the balding man asked.

"Is this your shuttle?"

"No, I was just.....looking it over," the man said as if he were being interrogated.

Zeke raised his eyebrow and asked, "Do you know where the owner is?"

"I think I saw him at the lounge," the man said quickly. Zeke was suspicious of the man's quickness to answer, as if he wanted Zeke out of there, but he decided it was irrelivant to him.

He started for the lounge, hoping the Shuttle's owner would still be there.

14:40hrs, 18th May, 3008

Pixan in orbit around Lennen

Lounge

Zeke scanned the room for anyone who could be a Galcom Officer. Not seeing anyone too suspicious he noticed the bar tender was talking to someone. Reading the bartenders lips he saw that he had told the guy that there was a lot of strange people wandering around today.

Zeke had a slight advantage when it came to reading lips. 10 years ago while he was hunting down a man known as Sadat he lost his sight from a close range laser blast. He got someone who owed him a favor to implant a cybornetic eye so that he could complete his job. After he killed Sadat, he paid the guy for the eye and has never bothered to repair his eyes since that. Only problem was, his left eye was still blind, which was quite easy to tell since the pupil was sort of clouded over.

"Would one of those strange people happen to be flying a shuttle in Docking Bay 3?" Zeke asked the bartender.

"I wouldn't know, people don't usually mention that kind of thing," the bartender replied, hardly noticing Zeke's eye, "Good to see you again Zeke, hunting someone down are you?"

Zeke just grinned at the man and asked, "Got anything that may come in handy to me?"

"Well, there were two guys in here talking, said they was Galcom. One called himself Kirin, the other Commander Jammont," the bartender kindly informed. Actually it wasn't just some friendly info, Zeke always paid him for it afterward.

"Any idea where they were heading or staying?" Zeke pushed.

"Sorry, they never said. But if they were just gonna blurt out there name in the lounge like that, you could probably find em with the computer."

"Thanks," Zeke said and left the lounge.

[/rp]

I'm getting on the SS Vulture on way or the other wink.gif

------------------

Commander Zeke Stone

Mercenary

**Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job** -- Douglas Adams

[RP]

23:24 hrs, 18th May, 3008

Pixan Star Station

Command Deck of the S.S Vulture

Savage stood on the Vultures command deck and watched the assembled crew members work at their posts. Three officers crewed the small bridge, all hired by the Fleet Commander some days before when both he and Rattler began putting their plan into effect. Even before the communication to recruit those that were needed was sent out, the services of the crew of the S.S Vulture and a small band of notorious mercs had been secured for an impressive sum of money. Now these officers and mercs worked to the fleet commanders order, preparing both ship and cargo for the adventure ahead.

Entering the bridge from the rear turbolift shaft, Leutenant Commander Reynolds from the Orion starstation awkwardly approached his commander with a datapad. Handing it to him, he took a moment to look around the bridge.

ÔÇÿIm not sure If I like the company weÔÇÖre keeping, sir.ÔÇÖ Said Reynolds, quietly.

Savage briefly looked at the datapad, and under his breath muttered ÔÇÿYouÔÇÖre gonna like it even less in the next thirty minutes, Pete.ÔÇÖ

Of course, Reynolds knew exactly what his commander was referring to. He knew of the basic premis of the plan, knew that both Galcom and Insurgent officers were being recruited for their desperate mission. However, he didnÔÇÖt know the specifics, and if he was honest with himself, didnÔÇÖt want to know.

ÔÇÿWhats the status of the rest of our people?ÔÇÖ asked the Fleet Commander as he finished reading through the datapads contents.

ÔÇÿSir, Commander Akuma and Rattler are in the briefing room finalising the brief. Colonel Merrick is standing by at the air lock with a squad of his people. HeÔÇÖs got the scanners rigged to detect both energy and ballistic weapons on anyone that enters.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿMake sure he performs a full body search as well.ÔÇÖ Said Savage. ÔÇÿSome of the folk weÔÇÖre expecting are a tricky and paranoid bunch. I donÔÇÖt want any surprises.ÔÇÖ

Reynolds grimaced. ÔÇÿYou sure thatÔÇÖs a good idea, sir? Some of the people on the roster are renowned for being, ah, sensitive to that sort of thing. They might resist.ÔÇÖ

Savage looked at his communications officer. ÔÇÿIf they resist, have them shot.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿSir?ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿIs there a problem with that order, Reynolds?ÔÇÖ

Reynolds shook his head. ÔÇÿNo sir. If they resist, shoot them.ÔÇÖ

Savage smiled. ÔÇÿGood.ÔÇÖ He said. ÔÇÿJust be sure not to kill them. They are no good to us dead.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿAye sir.ÔÇÖ Said Reynolds, who then departed the bridge and made his way to the Vultures aft.

Nearly time, thought Savage, uneasily. From here on in, things are going to get very complicated.

Moments later, one of the Vultures many exterior cameras tracked the approach of a single individual entering the ships allocated docking bay. Savage squinted at the image, and found he didnÔÇÖt recognise the person on the camera. However, it was likely Rattler would.

Savage linked down to the briefing room, and alerted Rattler quickly to pay attention to the camera. ÔÇÿHe one of yours?ÔÇÖ asked the Fleet Commander.

ÔÇÿYes.ÔÇÖ Rasped Rattler. ÔÇÿLooks like heÔÇÖs early.ÔÇÖ

Savage quickly checked his sychronised watch. ÔÇÿOnly just.ÔÇÖ Said the Fleet Commander. ÔÇÿLooks like this party is about to begin.ÔÇÖ

ÔÇÿIndeed.ÔÇÖ Said Rattler before cutting off the comlink.

Savage straightened himself in front of the terminal and smoothed out the creased edges of his civilian issue leather jacket and pants. He rubbed his stubbly chin with the back of his hand, and once more glanced around the dingy bridge of the S.S Vulture.

Destiny had finally caught up with him. It was time to goto work.

[/RP]

From this point in, it is assumed that everyone participating in this scenario (Well, those officially invited by either Savage or Rattler) will be arriving at the Vulture. Those that do so will enter the ship one at a time and be scanned thoroughly for weapons. All normal projective, energy or bladed weapons will be found and confiscated by the security personnel there. Anyone bringing any fancy tech with them will also have that confiscated. Anyone trying to smuggle something interesting past these guys will get nailed to the wall. Period. Unless you have discussed it with me previously, there are no hidden surprises being brought onboard. Capiche?

Anyone resisting body searches or having weapons confiscated will get a hearty beating, and may be shot. If you want this to happen, I suggest you get your head examined. However, should you want to do something interesting with the security personel, feel free to do so. Role play it here, just bare in mind that any violence will result in you getting your ass well n truly beaten. Sneaky SOBÔÇÖs will be frog marched naked into the brifing room with everyone else.

If you donÔÇÖt want to RP going through the search, then it is assumed that you are going to the brifing room without incident. I shall be making an opening post in Part Two of this epic shortly, and from that point everyone that should be there, will be assumed to be there. If you havenÔÇÖt posted or played catch up, you will still assumed to be there. You can catch up later.

[rp on]

23:45 hrs, 18th May, 3008

Pixan Star Station

S.S Vulture

It hadn't taken much work to locate the Vulture, now all that was left was board her. He started forward, but stopped as the Marine touched his arm. Antilles stopped and looked back.

"Yes, Hofmann?" Antilles said in a slightly puzzled whisper.

"Sir, I have contacts near the ships airlock, they appear to be heavily armed. I would suggest extreme caution." The armored figure's sinister electronic sounding responce came.

"We have concluded all of our business on the station, and left a message for the crew back at our quarters. Most likely this is some security personnel from the Vulture. I don't think they are a threat." Antilles replied.

"Aye, Sir." Hofmann's filtered voice came back. He didn't sound happy about it, and it showed. As they walked toward the group of assembled mercs, Hofmann looked quite uncomfortable.

Nearing the mercs, Antilles addressed the nearest merc.

"We are requesting permission to board the Vulture.

The merc looked somewhat amused, but answered, "Leave ya weapons with us. And don't get any fancy ideas about slipping something past us. We got orders ta shoot trouble makers." He smirked a bit on the last part, just daring them to try anything.

Antilles opened his holster and removed the small modified pistol, then removed his wrist laser. He handed both to the mercs and waited while they scanned him. Satisfied they waved him through and turned their attention to the marine. Hofmann began removing his carbine rifle, pistol, and grenades. He roughly shoved them into the waiting merc's hands. and began walking forward. Two of the merc's stepped up to block him. The other merc scanned him and tapped his boot. Looking anoyed, Hofmann reached down and pulled out the boot knife. the Merc continued the scan, stopping this time on Hofmann's wrist. Hofmann gave the merc a dirty look but removed the dart launcher. Satisfied, the merc waved him forward. Hofmann started moving toward the mercs that were still blocking his path, glowering. One of the mercs had the sense to get out of Hofmann's way as he walked toward them, the other, wanting to push the hotshot marine around a bit before letting him through, stood his ground. Without warning, Hofmann lashed out at the merc, there was a wet snap and the mercs smirk turned to a look of shock and he crumpled to the hanger's deck. The other mercs snapped up their weapons and opened fire. Hofmann colappesed to the ground as a laser bolt hit his thigh. The mercs stopped shooting and looked over at their comrade, who was nursing what looked like a broken leg and a severly deflated ego. Kyle ran over to Hofmann and examined his wound. It wasn't bad, the armor had take most of the bolts energy. He helped the injured marine to his feet and through the airlock. After dropping Hofmann off in the medibay, Antilles looked up the briefing room and made his way there.

[rp off]

I'm here smile.gif

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

Spectre Fleet

[rp]

SS Vulture

1740 hours

"Sir, well you please hand me you sidearm and wrist laser," a voice said behind me. "Why," I inquried. "We don't want any....surprises on board." Damn. "Sure," I replied as I pulled out my sidearm, laser, and extra ammo and turned around. Damn again, another marine. "Thank you," he said as he took them. "Now, well you please hand me your jacket?" Now it's getting worse and worst I thought to myelf. "Here you go," I said as I handed over my jacket. He emptied out the pockets and I went through the ritual of a full body search. "I wonder why the guys outside didn't catch you," he told me as he finished the search. "Guess I was too sneaky for them, " I replied, thankful for the rubber soles on my boots. "You need to head to the briefing room, which is-" I interrupted him, " I know where it is, may I go now?" He nodded a affirmitive. I headed to the briefing room and along the way heard what sounded like someone with a limp. "Doesn't effect me, I hope," I thought as I entered the briefing room....

[/rp]

[RP]

2329hrs, 18 May, 3008

Primary access hatch

SS Vulture

Somerset approached the hatch of the SS Vulture with what most would consider a large degree of trepidation. There was a more than distinct possibility he was walking directly into a trap. The Commander of the SIN Wing would definitely make a good prize for some aspiring Gammulan spy.

However, he had to go anyway. At least to see if the orders were real. If they weren't, a quick escape would be in order. He expected as a matter of course that he would be scanned, and his weapon confiscated. So he made sure that his only weapon was obvious, and that his commlink was easily seen and easily taken. He even deactivated his failsafe device. Had Soran been present, he would have called it illogical, not to mention dangerous. Somehow, Somerset had the feeling that this wasn't any trap.

Somerset pressed a button on the outer hull of the ship, and the airlock opened to reveal a squad of what could only be mercinaries. Despicable characters... Somerset thought.

"Evening, gentlemen. Benjamin Somerset is the name," he said.

The one who appeared to be the leader stepped up and said gruffly "Remove ya weapon, and anything else nasty ya got. The boss said ta shoot anybody who don't listen."

"Very well. If that's what The Boss wants," Somerset replied. B*astards... If only I was in uniform...I could deal more harshly with this scum. He couldn't help having the irreverent thought crossing his mind. These were the kind of people who should be serving long sentences at GalCom penal colonies.

He removed his commlink, and his weapon. He looked over at the leader and stated quite plainly, "Gentlemen, I suppose before you scan me, since I'm assuming that's what the tech over there is for, I should tell you something. About a centimeter underneath my abdomen is a small transponder device. I have it deactivated, and it won't do you any harm. However if it would make you feel better I have the feeling that your tech has a dampening unit with him that will make the device totally nonfunctional. You can't remove it, and shorting it out is not an option. Give me the dampener or I will see my way out."

The leader looked over at the others for a minute, and nodded his head at the tech. The tech walked over to him and began scanning. "It's there, boss," he said.

Somerset caught the leader glaring at him as he told the tech, "Give him a dampener. If you're fooling with us..."

"I'm not. If I am, you have my word you can shoot me," Somerset replied.

"The rest of him is clean, boss," the tech reported.

"Get out of here, Somerset. Lift is down the corridor, to your left. Go to deck 3, briefing." the leader told him.

Somerset nodded and said, "Thank you. It's been a pleasure...gentlemen," he finished, using a word that didn't quite apply to the thugs.

He reached the lift, and stepped inside. "Deck 3, briefing," he ordered. This had better be good...and not a waste of my time. Even so, there's no telling what's going on, or who's going to be here, he thought to himself.

As the lift door opened to reveal the occupants of the briefing room, Somerset didn't realize just how right he was.

[/RP]

There you go, Blades. No active fancy electronic gadgets. And the dampening field will prohibit it from working. Just don't make Somerset wish he had thought otherwise about deactivating the device.

------------------

Commander Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/SIN Wing

Stealth is the only thing between you, and your enemy's guns.

[This message has been edited by Ben Somerset (edited 10-30-2000).]

[rp]

Too many beers, too many brawls, and too many scars. 0430 came too early these days. Gunnery Sgt. Diamond was happy to be waking up here though. Since his last tour with then Lt. Commander Neena Povlovski, he'd been posted to a desk job at GHQ.

It was a good job as far as admin jobs went. He was able to teach new officers what it should mean to be an officer. Sadly, though, many weren't ready to take orders from a Marine, let alone an enlisted man. Fortunately, he was also in charge of induction to the officers "Combat Basics" class. Those that didn't respect him before, learned why they should've from the begining.

But, he was considered too old to teach combat full time, so he was relegated to seminar classes. Too much paperwork but at least he was still an active marine.

Diamond was just getting used to the years of watching new commanders come and go. He'd even decided that this wasn't a bad way to go. The brush with death that'd gotten this job was too close. Sure, he'd been in his share of scrapes, but having all but a cupfull of your blood replaced with cloned supply did something to a man.

The doctors told him that it was just his imagination, but he knew better. He didn't feel the same; didn't see things quite the same; didn't taste, hear, smell or feel things quite the same. Everything was just a touch off. So, Diamond was just getting used to his desk job and the workout every few weeks.

He was getting used to it, when he found himself accepting one Neena Povlovski, Commander, GALCOM's request to return to active shipborne duty. That's when the 0430 wake ups; training 5 times a day; earning the respect of 40 EF Marines; daily intrusion excersizes; equipment breakdouts and checks; target practice with the grunts; mission reviews that didn't review anything but speculated everything; dinner with his troops; discussions and drinks with the Commander 'til 2330; roster and duty checks and finally to bed at 0030. He was a Marine, though, and he'd sleep enough when he was dead. Well, that's what he told himself at the end of his cycle every day.

The days were to become different soon. More different than Gun'y would care to deal with. But he is a Marine and would go to hell and bring back the devil himself, if his Commander ordered it. He just didn't know she'd order it so soon...

[/rp}

[rp]

2328, 18 May, 3008

S.S. Vulture Docking Bay Entry Hatch

Pixan, Lennon, Syruis

York and Gallion were searched rather briskly and thoroughly by the security pukes at the entry hatch of the S.S. Vulture's. They confiscated a button that Gallion had in his trouser pocket and several things that they found on York. Which displeased the old marine to no end. Gallion chuckled, to York's dismay, as the security pukes found every weapon or thing(s) that could be turned into a weapon that York had planted throughout his attire.

Once the security types were satisfied that they had found all of York's hiding places, they were given directions to the briefing room and allowed to enter the S.S. Vulture. They were shocked when they reached the briefing room. It was full of people, some they knew, some they knew by reputation, and some that they heard about. "York," Gallion whispered to York as they made their way to the refreshment area, "tell me again why the hell we are here."

York just smiled and whispered back to Gallion as he poured himself a cup of java, "Well Sir, I really don'na know. But if ye doesn't like it we can always go back to 'Commie Central."

Gallion shuddered some at the thought of returning to Galcom HQ. "Touch├® Mr. York, now pass me that cup over there."

2332, 18 May, 3008

Bridge of the GCV Graf Spee

Lennon, Syruis

... at the tone the time will be ...2332 ..., That is what Rico thought as he sat in the Command Chair on the bridge of the GCV Graf Spee, staring at the image of the spinning Raider Station, Pixan, in the bridge viewer. He was in the middle of a deadly struggle with himself. Everything he had done in the over the past 36 hours was based on the word of a Gunnery Sergeant, an eccentric Chief Engineer, and on the unstable Research Engineer ÔÇô who he didnÔÇÖt know.

In hindsight he agreed with one of his actions; the release of a communications buoy when they entered Lyrius. The buoy would transmit a message stating that the Graf Spee was in pursuit of a suspicious transport that was heading towards the Credian Quadrant and that further reports would follow. The buoy was programmed to transmit the message to Galcom HQ and Wraith HQ three times before self-destructing. To Rico the message was a half-truth. The suspicious transport did exist but he had a feeling that the transport was tracking the Graf Spee and only quit tracking them once they left Lyrius. To many things happening at one time that contradicted most, if not everything, that Rico believed in.

2336, 18th May, 3008

Station Security, Galactic Command Headquarters

Earth, Sol

The Chief of Galcom HQ Station Security was not surprised when the report came in; the location of the prisoner, Commander Gallion, was unknown. The search of his quarters turned up nothing other than the fact that Commander GallionÔÇÖs articles of clothing, some personnel effects, and other nick-knacks still were there. So to the investigators, and the Chief of Security, it appeared that this disappearance was not a planned jailbreak.

The Chief began to dig through the various reports shrewd across his desk and he was at a loss to where the wayward Corsair had gone. He only had one fact ÔÇô a prisoner had either a - escaped, b - died, or c - was abducted. He was certain that the Corsair prisoner had not died, so he ruled that possibility out in his head. He didnÔÇÖt know about the remaining two. He had a hunch but nothing concrete to go on. To many things just coincidentally happened at the same time as the prisoner disappears and his escort is killed; explosions and minor damage to several critical systems with the station itself; a suspicious transport mysteriously appears in system and mines the Earth/Jupiter jump point; the Graf Spee launches just before all heck breaks out on the station; and to top everything off - a message buoy dropped by the Graf Spee in Lyrius stating that they are in hot pursuit of the suspicious transport heading into the Credian Quadrant.

The Chief had a hunch but no proof, no solid evidence. He was back to square one with the Galactic Command Brass hot on his arse too.

[/rp]

TTFN

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 10-30-2000).]

Ok darn it. One post scans for energy sigs. Gallions post scans for every thing that could be even turned into a weapon. Grrrrr. smile.gif Will re-read Blades post and interpret as others have done and let Blades decide.

Will just have to post and see what happens. Talked to Blades this weekend. Got one thing specifically ok'd and others I assumed were "if written well" you could do it. Will just have to see if I write them well enough.

Not really a rant. Just seeing different interpretations from Blades post. Will do my own and see if they stick.

Will get something up tomorrow (monday 10/30/00) night. And will pretty much catch up.

------------------

Vice Admiral Chavik

ICV Phoenix, Sygan Starstation (Sygan)

Fleet Leader - Balor Fleet

Official BC3K Tester

[rp]

18:01 hours

Pixan Starstaion

SS Vulture Docking Bay

Mr. Liev waited.

On the trip here, and musing the warnings of the bartender, he had realized that he knew absolutely nothing about the situation. No intel was bad. Flying down blind alleys was not the pilots idea of a good time. However, bad intel was even worse. Given total lack of information, a person tends to speculate. And given that there was no data from which to speculate from, any guess was guaranteed to be a bad one. So Liev took station just inside the docking bay, and observed.

The first thing he saw was there was a break in the guards formation around the Vultures door. Someone had left. He then saw the guards (all human) un-uniform dress, and varied selection of weapons, which meant they were mercenaries, hired guns. Hired guns tend to go to the highest bidder.

He had been noticed. The mercs were eyeing him, judging. Is he a scout? A bounty hunter? One of them? Whoever them was, Liev mused. He was probably one of them himself. Whether this was good for him or not remained to be seen. After Liev stood for several minutes with no response to their jaunted glare, the guns walked back inside the Vulture and closed the hatch.

Just then, the personnel doors to the bay opened. Standing just to the side of the large, bulky frame, Liev was concealed from anyone who would walk in, unless the person looked directly behind. The man carried himself like a commander, if not in rank than someone who was used to being on the high end of the command pyramid. His shifty manner and casual air suggested that he was accustomed to "cloaks and daggers." He did something to the side of the {i]Vultures hatch, and Liev managed to pick up the name "Benjamin Somerset".

Interesting. Could this be a meeting of Wraith Fleet officers? Wraith was the "Black Hand of Galcom", and the whole situation reeked of Black Ops. Liev gave himself a mental slap, and remembered about no intel. The hatch opened, and Somerset was crudely searched. Liev grimaced and realized his trusty Old-Earth Bowie (the only weapon he brought) would be out of the game this time. Somerset entered and the hatch closed.

Deciding the time to act had come, Liev left his nook and approached the Vulture. Trying to remember his human pysch courses, he decided the safest thing to do was appear completely harmless, and give up his knife immediately. He pressed the comm button, and quickly stepped several paces back. The hatch opened once more, with the same mercs peering at him. A brief smell of stale recycled air puffed out.

Doing his best approximation of a calm smile, Liev shucked off his heavy blue greatcoat and handed it to one guard. He then touched the auto-seal on his jumpsuit collar, and the one-piece garment quickly fell away at the seems. He offered this to another guard. He noticed a decidedly different expression on their faces. It was different from the scowls, which he took as a good sign. With his clothes in their hands and his obviously device-free body, and the warm smile on his face, Liev hoped he was showing how cooperative he was willing to be. The guards searched his attire and gave him no trouble at all, even when they found his Bowie and removed it from his greatcoat. They silently gave him his clothes back, and let him pass. Pleased, seeing his foreign diplomacy skills were still at tip-top shape, Liev entered the ship.

Suddenly he froze in his tracks, realizing the grave error he had made. He quickly turned to the nearest guard and said "Excuse mekgg..." He stopped, adjusting his accent. "Excuse me, where am I travel?"

The tech merc softly said, "Deck 3, briefing room."

"Thank youk,", he replied. Finding the nearest turboshaft, Liev asked for Deck 3 and began to re-dress.

[/rp]

It's fun having people who aren't used to being around...people. biggrin.gif

Heh. Well here goes. Sorry gent's College is really tough. I've been really busy and it's bound to get worse here-on-in so be patient with me okay?

Jamont sure thing!

[rp]

Kirin left his quarters and walked stiffly down the hallway. The small box held in his hands. I'm not getting this by security... He shakes his head. So what the hell do I do?

Looking up Kirin notices a familiar figure approaching his way. "Commander Jamont!" He waves to the man motioning him over.

When Jamont walks over to him he lowers his voice. "I think it'd be a good idea to get to the Vulture. Perhaps we should go together."

He smiles faintly. "There is safety in numbers." He pats the mans back smiling as the box falls into Jamont's back pocket.

Coward. Kirin looks around. "You're ship or mine?" Damned Coward!

Akuma Minako left the breifing room wiping her forhead. She leaned against a wall and took her scarred hand from behind her back. So far no one had noticed her injuries. She examines the fairly severe burns and blisters and realized that there would be a likely chance of infection. Screw infection. She lowers her hand and waits for Rattler to leave the briefing room. She wanted a chance to speak to him alone.

I may never get the chance to talk to him again. I may never get to hold him agian. Her throat constricted and tears threatened to spill over her eyes. Strength Bunny...Strength

[/rp]

If you're confused by the last quote Akuma's middle name is Usagi which means Rabbit in Japanese.

------------------

Commander Akuma Minako

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

cwm31.gif

Thanks akuma wink.gif

[rp]

Jamont scratched his back.. damn itching suit .. (not knowing that there was something in his pocket)

So kirin .. got a nice rest.. hehe the beer that the give here is lousy which i had some heiniken from the good old days in my home country

cwm4.gif

What you say?? ooh my ship or yours ..

Let's take yours , my ship isn't what i used to be the repairs will take a couple of days more and we should get to the vulture in time .. ill have my tacops officer fly it to me when there done.

Come on let's go kirin ..

[/rp]

So if anyone wants to join in and come along with us , do so .. ill wait your response again akuma wink.gif

------------------

Commander Nick Jamont

GCV Prophecy IV, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Intel & Espionage Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

"silence is gold"

I'll give people a chance to respond.

Oh and Blades since I posted this object I'm going to play it through so if he gets caught he gets caught. Ces la vie. Annnyway....I'll check back in a day or so.

------------------

Commander Akuma Minako

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

[rp]

22:30 hrs, 18th May, 3008

Pixan in orbit around Lennen

Corridor

Zeke had been watching Kirin's quarters for what seemed like forever. He had seen a woman enter and exit the room but no activity from Kirin, until now.

He saw a man, who he assumed was Kirin exit Kirin's quarters and begin to walk in Zeke's direction. Part way down the hall he met up with another man who looked to be a Commander. Zeke watched intently as the two men chatted. Some things he didn't pick up on but he did get that they were heading for the SS Vulture. He also noticed something strange, Kirin had placed some sort of device in the other man's pocket when he first approached. Either the other man didn't notice or he was trying to look like he didn't notice.

Zeke decided to try to get some more info from them the old fashion way, interrogate them. He began to approach the two men, and he hoped that they hadn't heard of him allready.

"Heya fellas, you look Galcom. Wouldn't happen to be heading to the SS Vulture like me would ya?" Zeke called, trying to draw only their attention.

"I see, well do ya know why we be heading there, I wasn't informed on that part?" Zeke questioned.

"That Savage can sure confuse people," Zeke tried, hoping they would say if Savage was here or not.

"Yeah, well I'll see ya there, eh?" Zeke said cheerfully.

"Nah, I'll find me own way der, thanks anyway," Zeke said and walked away from the two men.

[/rp]

------------------

Commander Zeke Stone

Mercenary

[rp]

May 18, 3008

06:00

Chavik awoke early and got ready. He went to the galley and opened a french toast nutripak. He went over to the corner with his tray and sat down. After a little trouble with the syrup side of the pak he ate in silence. Unfortunately that didn't last. Apparently perscan was working overtime as every day officer in the ship stopped by to ask a question or two. It was nothing major, just some questions aobut the rotaional pattern and the use of shuttles and the transporters. The doctor asked about medical supplies. Nobody wanted anyhting major but it all added up and soon he was on edge.

Chavik finally finished his meal and returned to his quarters. He packed his clothes and several of the jumpsuits that were standard issue to the elite marines. Several more firearms went into the case. Some knives and brass knuckles as well. Pixan was not the sort of place to be unprepared. He finished packing and looked at the techno widgets Akira's men had given him. The laser pen went into his pocket.

Turning, he picked up the shoes and looked at them . He found the catch and looked inside the compartment. Instead of just the heel the whole sole came off. Chavik pulled out the special firearm and looked at it. The barrell came off first; then the energy cell slid out of the handle. He supposed it really didn't matter which of those went first so he shrugged and looked at the handle. It came apart into two peices. He tried to fit them inot the shoes and discovered that only the barrel would fit inside one shoe while the disassembled handle fit into the other one leaving no room for the power supply. That he threw into his bag.

11:00

Chavik caught one of the shuttles and rode down to the surface of Polaris. Mr. Brom happened to be on that trip and seeing the size of Chavik's bag just leered at him. Chavik just shrugged and stared at the floor.

11:15

The shuttle landed and Chavik left with the others. As they walked away from the pad Chavik heard a whine increase in pitch. He turned and watched the shuttle lift off, slowly turn, and ascend back to the heavens. Many people called them slugs. Chavik smiled slightly as he watched the shuttle disappear. More like the ugly duckling he thought. He was jolted out of his reverie by a passerby. He turned and looked at the mass of people walking towards the plaza. Well, time to find alternate methods of tranport, he thought.

[RP]

one more and I'll get there. I checked with the man in case anyone else needs that info. It's scan for energy cells and frisked for simple weapons.

I double checked w/ Blades and I'm the new arrival he refered to..

[rp]

2317 hrs. May 18, 3008

command deck area, Vulture

Gabe's jaw dropped, for on the command deck of the Vulture was Savage. His mind whirled with conclusions that Galcom had caught wind of the meeting and had somehow captured Rattler or had laid an elaborate trap for insurgent commanders. Something else caught his eye and sent a cold chill down his spine. From around various corners of hatches and consoles poked the business ends of weapons. On one of the weapons was scope looking device that emitted a beam from the upper end of the light spectrum. The camo suit attempted to recalibrate which resulted in a bizaar looking apperation to the on-lookers. The observers saw the whole spectrum of the rainbow swirling around the camo suit in a rather phsycidelic manner.

Savage looked as if he had really bitten into something sour and dearly wanted to give the order to fire but somehow refrained himself.

Gabe's hands had instantly began moving away from his body and at the same time pointed to the sides, away from Savage.

"Loose the hardware bunny, Rattler says that you're one of his." With that Savage turns back to his previous task before the interuption.

With a shrug, and not really that many options, Gabe strips the hardware off and hands it over to a rather board looking merc. After passing the scans and getting the okay from the security team he heads for the nearest food dispenser for something to quell the stomach rumbles while waiting for whatever happens next. [/rp]

[rp]

Kirin got into his shuttle and smiled as Jamont joined him. Putting his shuttle out the hangar bay and into the vast expanse of space made his mind reel.

"Jamont." He began. "Jamont do you even know why you're here?"

He moved the shuttle towards the SS Vulture with precise manuvers. "I..."

He shut down the engines. "Jamont. Do you know why Akuma Minako is?" He waited a second before continuing not giving Jamont the chance to answer. "I'm a fool! I'm an idiot! She's 31 for **** sakes!"

He shook his head. "That's too damned young to be out here!" He fired up the engines and signaled the SS Vulture. "I'm Fourty five! She's 31 ******* years old!"

He moved into the hangar bay as he was given the go signal. "She's young, inexperianced, and nieve! And they're using it against her! She dosen't deserve this life! She never did! She deserves a family, friends, not this...Not war."

He set the ship down and turned the engines off. Putting his head into the palms of his hands he shakes his head with controlled rage. "Let's go see what this is all about." He says softly.

[/rp]

------------------

Commander Akuma Minako

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

[rp]

Jamont and kirin sat down in the shuttle , kirin asked if i knew why im here.

Well kirin i don't really know , i recieved a msg , and just basicly i went here by instinct , what about you?

Akuma ?? no i don't , i was usually all alone at my base back on earth so i didn't get all the juicy news , sorry but tell me ..

So what kirin age doesn't matter ... stop crying like a baby for crying out loud (thinking akuma was kirin's girl), i got my girl commanding a battlecruiser near gammulan space ... i promised here to be home when she returned but know im stuck here ...

Yes war does this all to us .. but im fighting until the end ..

By the way kirin did i ever tell you about my twin brother?

[/rp]

This is gonna get juicy , thanks akuma

cwm16.gif

------------------

Commander Nick Jamont

GCV Prophecy IV, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Intel & Espionage Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

"silence is gold"