RP BC Mods

Eclipse

I've seen that a few of the RP'rs have modified their BC's somewhat, an I've been thinking about a few small ones to mine as well. Not many that I think need to be done currently, however I was wondering what the general opinion was. I'm making this topic to see how it would work to replace support craft.

not sure how or what I'm gonna be allowed to do yet, so here goes.

Following are a few ideas. b4 I go to detaild into any of them I'd like to see the general feelings of everone.

Replacing shuttles with fighters, and replacing 2 IC bays with the extra support materials necessary for these fighters. (if the new fighters are larger than the existing IC bays.)

Swapping IC's for another fighter class of equal or lesser lenghth.( might require chipping into a CB to place equiptment.

Enhancing sensor capabilities, eg. possible to increase the ability to detect ship emissions, plasma vents etc. to find a cloaked ship. (prolly eat up CB's like gallion. biggrin.gif)

stuff of this nature.

for the time being thats about it.. if this would be allowed I'll go into better detail on what I had planned.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

quote:

Replacing shuttles with fighters,

Personally I like. You been reading my mind haven't you? Was just talking about this with someone and planned on using it for the current "Into the Fire" thread. Since BC's were not allowed into the region anyway the idea got nixed and I got no problem with it. Mine will stay stock, no biggie. Yours can be modified perhaps.

quote:

and replacing 2 IC bays with the extra support materials necessary for these fighters. (if the new fighters are larger than the existing IC bays.)

uhhhhhhm no. You can't have 6 IC's; remove 2 IC bays for the extra equipment, and be able to launch all six from 2 bays. unlessthat is your major disadvantage for having them. Personally I might axe 2 shuttles and use that space for the IC's. You would use your original four chargers to prep all 6 IC's ( a small disadvantage but not so huge as the other) and launch the other 2 from the shuttle bay. Hey, they can land and launch planetside why not in the bay. Added small disadvantage is the extra time for careful launch.

quote:

Swapping IC's for another fighter class of equal or lesser lenghth.( might require chipping into a CB to place equiptment.

That's interesting as well. Different chargers. Longer charging time. Might work. But not 6 of them I think.

quote:

Enhancing sensor capabilities, eg. possible to increase the ability to detect ship emissions, plasma vents etc. to find a cloaked ship. (prolly eat up CB's like gallion. )

hmmmmmmm. Extra Ic's would turn your BC into a major offensive platform. The added sensors would seem to be a major unbalance.

quote:

not sure how or what I'm gonna be allowed to do yet, so here goes.

Fair enough. Seems you are asking for a consensus. The above are my opinions only and influenced heavily by Gallion's "Balancing sidebar" in the "Fire" thread. You do have to give up something to get something.

As Always, even with a consensus among us RP'ers Derek has final say if he has a problem with it.

(Gallion, this would be a good place to put your sidebar instead of just ditching it. Good points in it. Would hate to lose it. )

------------------

Vice Admiral Chavik

ICV Phoenix, Sygan Starstation (Sygan)

Fleet Leader - Balor Fleet

Official BC3K Tester

Good suggestion Chavik biggrin.gif

Sidebar originally posted here

My two bits - The purpose of RP is simple, members of the forum play out and advance their characters life, story, adventures, and misadventures. There are several rules that each player must keep in mind. For those players that participate in RP and are unfamiliar with them, conduct a forum and archive search. To summarize these rules, remember these tenants:

Stay within established BC Universe boundaries as set forth in BC3K User manual.

Players can modify existing BC Universe techs IF they are kept within reason and are believable; whether using proven theories or hypotheses'.

Each tech advantage or modification should have corresponding disadvantage.

Examples:

Advantage: The Graf Spee has a stealth coating bonded/fused to armor and portions of the exterior hull that reduces sensor detect ability. When in stealth mode (like today's subs running silent), target acquisition and lock is difficult for vessels engaging the Graf Spee in combat or to detect the Graf Spee. Similar to USAF's stealth fighters and bombers.

Disadvantage: Only works when weapons and shield systems are disengaged and at low speed.

Advantage: Graf Spee has enhanced sensor suite known as the SES that is twice as powerful as normal sensors that are available in the game.

Disadvantage: Takes up 1/3 of CB1. Subject to damage to CB1. Only works when Graf Spee is in stealth mode.

Advantage: Ability to turn IFF Transponder ON/OFF. Reduces sensor detect ability when in stealth mode.

Disadvantage: Can only operate when Graf Spee is in Stealth mode. Automatically activates when weapons systems are activated. Hard-coded in ship systems, cannot bypass.

Imagination is the key to any story, try to keep posts plausible and believeable.

Don't use or reference another player's character unless that player knows and gives you the green light to do so.

To date there has not been a RP character dealth. Though I have come close to committing one. Still might eek.gif

Have fun biggrin.gif

Don't pollute a RP thread with bickering or belly-aching. Create discussion thread and move the debate there. Yes, I have been guilty of this in the past and try not to do it in the future.

TTFN

------------------

Fleet Commander Gallion

(Pro Tem)

GCV Graf Spee, Starbase Cerberus

Fleet Leader - Wraith Fleet (Pro Tem)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/Corsair Wing

"Run Silent, Run Deep"

Corsair Cove

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 10-24-2000).]

I dothink I need to clarify something. I never ment that there would be more than 4 fighters on board. Just that to support a larger fighter class might mean that I would have to remove 2 IC bays in order to put in the new support material for the larger fighters.... those IC's would be replaced by the ones lounging in the shuttle bays.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Well, as long as you have things balanced I think it's a great idea.

Now I have a question of my own, if I were to have a person on my ship have certain qualities that make them superior, I'm assuming I need to give them some disadvantages as well. I got a few ideas buzzing through my mind that may make things interresting is all.

------------------

Commander Zeke Stone

Mercenary

UCV-Susceptor - "Never Give Up, Never Surrender"

**Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job** -- Douglas Adams

[This message has been edited by Commander Zeke Stone (edited 10-24-2000).]

In my case I was hoping to replace 2 of the intercepters with Vandals. Rattler brought up a good point that the larger craft wouldn't fit in the IC bays. However the Vandals COULD fit in a shuttle bay as the shuttles are larger. The thing is with that config, I would effectively have 6 fighters, and 2 shuttles. I don't mind having that many, but I think it goes outside of what the BC itself coulds support.

Instead this is what I was planning on doing:

if there was no way to get the Vandals on board, replace IC 1-2 with 2 Infiltrators, these craft could fit in an IC bay, I believe.

The primary configuration I would like is this:

Replace IC bay's 1-2 with Support equiptment/backup systems or the like.

Replace Shuttles 1-2 with P21 Vandals.

Advantages would be better armor and firepower; disadvantages would be longer launch times, harder to repair.

I'm sure I can think this out a bit better when I can sit down and work on it for a bit, but for now this is a rough idea. If I am allowed to implement this, until the forst time the Vandals are launched, it probably wouldn't be known about the change in the ships complement.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Ok I thought it was two ideas. An either/or type of thing. Now I see you only intend four but two of them will be better class of IC. Gotcha. I think that would work. Now I understand what you meant about the IC bays as well. Seems workable to me.

You forgot one disadvantage though. People are going to be tripping over long cables you're going to have to install. biggrin.gif

Careful Zeke, don't go Parias on us. wink.gif.

------------------

Vice Admiral Chavik

Official BC3K Tester

[This message has been edited by Charles Lindsey (edited 10-24-2000).]

chavic: thats an advantage... just cut the power to the lighting in that area when I get intruders and wait for loud curses and thumping noises. biggrin.gif

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Another disadvantage would be all of the people you'd leave behind if you had to abandon ship. Remember that eliminating the shuttles would also eliminate the lives of those who would be forced to remain aboard the sinking ship. Especially in a desperate (ie: Reactor core breach) situation.

------------------

Commander Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/SIN Wing

Stealth is the only thing between you, and your enemy's guns.

[This message has been edited by Ben Somerset (edited 10-25-2000).]

Very good point Ben.

He's trading two shuttles for two "better" fighters. He is not eliminating ALL shuttles. Just two. A roleplay evacuation would be a tight squeeze but it could work.

Eclipse. Rebuttal?

------------------

Vice Admiral Chavik

Official BC3K Tester

hmmm... Well since I am in effect removing 2 of my IC bays and splicing their chargers with the shuttle ones, I think I might be able to fit some sort of escape gear in there. Also the shuttles could only hold 80 crew members if I had al 4, so either way, some will be left behind. Not sure about this, but the BC's foreshell seems to be able to detach in BC3K since occasionally I;ll see one burning off toward some jump point. depending on the damage my ship has I could possibly do that and save most of my crew. Another thing, when it gets to the point when you must evac, I'm pretty sure that some of the crew will be too badly wounded or already dead. If not then it's a chance you will have to take... The eclipse has a Very goot SysEng compliment. smile.gif

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

Spectre Fleet