Into The Fire : ACT TWO - Choices

Blades

[RP]

"I remember," said Chavik as he strode forward towards Blades' growing opposition. "I remember too well. We did not not bring the Gammulans to your doorstep as you seem to be implying. What we did was bring one of your own back to you, unharmed I might add, and just happened to be close when that first distress call came out. "

"You remember that don't you? It was from the Predicant. Several Gammulan carriers were giving her a whipping with more on the way. Had we not been there, and been there in force, there is no telling what the galaxy map would look like right now. "

"I don't remember hearing of any court-martials from that collaboration. And if the scuttlebutt I heard is correct; there are a few Stars of Merit in a closet somewhere with my, Rattler's, and a few others names on them. So what else happened "the last time we got together"? It certainly wasn't us bringing the Gammulans home to roost. Some of you werent' even commanders yet. Don't tell me they rewrote the history books. And so soon after we saved you sorry butts. "

"And does no one remember the true objective of the Gammulan offensive? It is believed by us to be the secret base on Neptune where once again Earthcom had its hands in secret operations that were about to be your downfall. I remember all too well. "

"Made any side trips lately Pirate? I've kept tabs on you of sorts. Quite interesting you want to know so many details when you yourself leave so much out. Before you get too carried away perhaps it would be better to listen to the reasoning being shouted in your face instead of whatever whispering voices are telling you. And relax just a tad, your necklace is showing. "

"For myself I trust Rattler. You others have no choice but to trust Savage. And Gallion, one more thing, even a dull blade has a point. Be careful lest you get pricked by it. " Chavik looked at the Galcom commanders a while longer before turning and walking back towards Rattler. That he had set some of them thinking he could tell.

[/RP]

------------------

Vice Admiral Chavik

ICV Phoenix, Sygan Starstation (Sygan)

Fleet Leader - Balor Fleet

Official BC3K Tester

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[RP]

Somerset watched as the Insurgent whose name he didn't know began to walk back toward the one Insurgent he did know. Not personally, but by reputation. And from what he had heard about him, the one known as Insurgent One was an honorable man. He at least knew that the Insurgent wouldn't stab him in the back. He looked like a man who preferred a fair, and just fight. Unlike Savage, who had just announced he would kill anyone who got in the way.

And even after what the other Insurgent had gotten done saying, Somerset wasn't through yet. He had finally reached someone in Fleet Command whom he could vent his anger on. He had violated regulations during The Massacre only to save more of those under his command. What made him angry was that he was handed reprimands for doing his job. If he hadn't violated regulations, Somerset firmly believed that no one would have come back. Fleet Command just didn't seem to see it that way.

"I remember those days as well. My ship was beaten to a pulp in Jupiter during the cleanup. You're right in that some of us weren't Commanders back in that day," he said, not looking at the Insurgent who had said those words, but instead glaring at Savage. He turned his gaze toward the Insurgent who had spoken, "But I might remind you that the man you want to save is the one who set Neptune and the colony there on fire. Killed all of the colonists there. Even if EarthCom had an illegal base there, no one has the right to kill innocents wantonly."

"I don't want a war with the Insurgents any more than the next man. I'd much rather be giving the Gammulans hell to pay than bringing it upon other humans. I won't say I agree with your ideals and your way of doing things, but war between the Insurgency and GalCom would be a fight I never hope to see."

Once again his piercing eyes turned toward Savage. "But I will tell you this, sir," letting the word drip off like an epitaph. "If any of these people are killed during the course of this operation under your orders, I will put you up on all the charges I can find. I don't know about you, but in my book that is called murder. I don't know if you've forgotten, but our weapons do have a setting that the civilized among us like to call stun. Regardless what happens to my career, I'll do whatever is required to see to it that you spend the rest of your life on an unpleasent penal colony. Over twenty-five thousand of our people have died in this war already. Enough is enough."

"I'll do whatever is neccessary to see to the conclusion of this mission," Somerset said, glancing at the Insurgent before continuing. "But I do not see fit to put my trust in someone who's told me directly that if it suits him, he'll kill me. It sounds a lot more like the words of one of the mercenaries, and not like a GalCom officer."

He gave Savage a hard look as he got his last jab in. "Perhaps now you understand the difficulty in choosing between a wrong and a wrong. There isn't always a right answer, Fleet Commander. Sometimes there is only choosing which is the better wrong. Maybe you should have realized that before simply handing out boards of inquiry and courts-martial after The Massacre. Although now, I'm sure the difference is quite clear."

[/RP]

------------------

Commander Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/SIN Wing

Stealth is the only thing between you, and your enemy's guns.

[rp]

Suddenly Cmdr.Jamont's pda whent off..

Looking at the message it was from Galcom Intel.

To:Cmdr.Jamont

Subject: Loss GVC-Whitelight

Cmdr. Jamont

We herby must inform you of the loss of this craft in gammulan ter.

All members of this craft are listed KIA.

End Of Message.

-----------------

A tear dropped from his eyes ...

(thinking nooooo my girlfriend was on that craft).

A insurgent who sat next to him laughed at jamont.

Haha men don't cry ...

Suddenly Jamont couldn't restrain himself , and hit the man right in the face.

Looking up again he saw savage looking towards him and the rest of the crowd to.

[/rp]

Hehe fight it on .. sorry peeps no my girl and i really broke up.. i guess this is my way to put my stress out of me.

Blades ... think you can come up with something for this wink.gif (the fight that is)

------------------

Commander Nick Jamont

GCV Prophecy IV, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Intel & Espionage Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

"silence is gold"

[rp]

It was predictable. Get the top echelon of the reigning government and its current rebels, and it was guaranteed to be trouble.

But not the sort Liev was assuming. He had thought the Galcom and Insurrgent leaders would be at each others throats by now, seeing as they were at war an all. But despite this, it seemed as if the Insurrgents were being rather pleasant about the whole thing, while the Fleet Commanders seem poised to rip eath others heads off.

For the first time in his military carrer, Liev was considering to abandon the mission. Before his eyes he watched men who he formerly assumed to be competent individuals jeopardizing an entire species over such minor triva as court martials and finger pointing. Worse yet, there own species!

Liev did not want to be fighting next to a person who did not keep a clear idea of what they were doing in their head. Several times he had dismissed pilots from his wing for reasons such as going after a shuttle of enemy officers while the rest were fighting of a carrier.

He did not have the power to dismiss Gallion and Blades. Or at least Blades. He was co-orchestrater of this mission, and could not be excused. Nor Gallion, whose talents could be sorely needed in the upcoming days (weeks?).

Someone needed to speak, now, before the situation spun so wildly out of control that the leaders, and thus the entire group, became raveing fools. Liev knew what needed to be said, but hesitated.

The balance between the egos, not just Blades-Gallion, but Galcom-Insurrgency, was breaking. All players had preconcived ideas about themselfs and the others. These ideas needed to be abated, at least for the continuation of the mission, for this group to stop fighting itself and fight the enemy! Abated with careful words. Liev was not good with words, even in his mother tounge. Careful negotiation seemed well-nigh impossible in a language he had trouble pronouncing! But something needed to be done. Galcom was the only force in the Galaxy strong enough to resist the Gammulans. Earth (as much as Liev hated to admit), was the binding force between the nations in the Galcom alliance. If Earth fell, the Galaxy would fall. Brutally.

Liev quickly scanned the room, hoping that someone else would see what he saw and stop these three or four men from annihilating the Galaxy. But all he saw were faces turning to anger or sadness (one even began to weep in the corner!), none ready to stop this snowball of hate before it turned into an avalanche. Liev stood up.

"Stop!"

The room turned towards Liev.

Now or never, he thought, now or never.

"Do yout not see waht yout are doingk? Do yout not see the truet enemy, but only yourselves, and your ego, and the immediateg? We are here to saven a man, to saven a planet, to ultimatelyk saven a Galaxy! Not to saven face, or saven pridet! There art non enemies heret, only friendst whog want the same ast you! Freetdom! Justice! The baest for the human race! We are same, we want to do the right thingk, for same reasonst. Once can we join? Once can we focus ont mission, and not pride? Yes! We can! We can! Just try, try veryt hard, and we, us, together, can join andt win, and save..."

He looked around. Everyone had frozen, shocked or angred or what, Liev was to tired to tell. In some of thier eyes he could tell they listend, and heard. In others...some kept their eyes very dark.

With all the energy he could must, Liev made one last plea.

"For our people, men. Fort everyone."

Quietly and slowly, he collapsed into his chair, sapped. What would happen next was beyond his control, only theirs.

[rp]

[This message has been edited by Whisper (edited 11-27-2000).]

[rp]

SS Vulture

Time Unknown

As I went over to see what was going on between Jamont and the Insurgant, I was caught by surprise by someone standing up, I refreshed my mental list once to try and compare faces to names. Nothing. Then he started talking, I listened, for I always listened, but right now I was more intrested in seeing what was wrong with Jamont and talking some sense into Somerset. I remembered the raid....organized by EarthCOM, but most of the troops were GalCOM. Didn't know why then, didn't care. Now after hearing this, I was very madat EarthCOM and feeling more then a little annoyed at Somerset.....

[/rp]

Grudge Match eek.gif hmmmm....I guess round 1 if over biggrin.gif Round 2 :cool

[rp]

Ben you idiot, now is not the time for pomp and circumstance or spit and polish ... Gallion thought as he listened to BenÔÇÖs remarks ... The last thing I need is backup. Unconsciously, he began to rub the now vivid scar on his neck. To make matters worse, Savage offers his own version of an olive branch ÔÇô albeit temporary ÔÇô which caught him completely off guard. ShouldÔÇÖve been ready for that old man... he thought ... seems that the blades arenÔÇÖt that dull...good! Mayhaps this gaggle of motley fools has more than a snowballÔÇÖs chance....but still, one or two more prods just to be sure...

Then one of the fools pipes in ÔÇØIÔÇÖm In!ÔÇØ

Gallion made note of who the source of the outburst was and was just about begin anew his jabs at Savage when a timid Deer bolted from the SnakeÔÇÖs side. He did not pay particular attention to what the deer was saying until the he touched on a tender cord, ÔÇ£... your necklace is showing....ÔÇØ Necklace! What bloody necklace..?...GallionÔÇÖs thoughts began to skew, flashbacks and fast-forwards, pause, reverse, all at the same time. He had a Crazy Ivan look in his eyes, if only for a moment, then returned to his normal(?) jolly self. He shrugged it off, hoping that none caught his momentary lapse of reason, as he began where he had left off several seconds ago. There were four within the gaggle that caught GallionÔÇÖs lapse, The Deer, The Snake, The Mother Hen, and a Diamond in the rough.

Then Ben began anew with another tirade, which once again interrupted his somewhat fragile mental process. Gallion thought, once again citing irrelevant nuances more likened to the controlled environment of the academy than reality. I gotta do something about this...

But the luck of the Irish was not with the old corsair ÔÇô more like MurphyÔÇÖs luck was plunging his evil hand into the pot and giving it a good shake and stir for good measure. A ruckus was caused within the gaggle as one ÔÇÿcommie, who Gallion knew nothing about, took it upon himself to start a fracas as he nailed the Insurgent sitting next to him with a blind-side hook. Before the victim could retaliate or the mayhem spread, the Mercs stepped in and restored some semblance of order as they carted the ÔÇÿcommie away under heavy restraints. The gaggle meandered back to once they were before the rude interruption and Gallion once again prepared to renew his jabs at Savage.

ÔÇØStop!ÔÇØ..

What the ... now!, Gallion thought, canÔÇÖt I even get my fun over with without anymore bloody interruptions? Oh-no, the head pea-shooter driver just stuttered his guts out... Once again the Corsair had to wait for someone else to get off their soapbox. ShouldÔÇÖve pressed the issues whilst I had the momentum, he thought, good, pea-shooter driver is done. Once Liev was done, Gallion started to chuckle to himself, which in turn progressed into crazed, manic-like laughter. The entire gaggle stopped what they were doing and their conversations amongst themselves and looked towards the crazy Corsair ÔÇô some thinking that they had a genuine loon aboard. Finally Gallion regained his composure.

ÔÇ£Hehehe, now, now gentiles, we are not here to fight each other ÔÇô or so the theory goes. I just wanted to get yeÔÇÖllÔÇÖs attention and see how many here recall what has happened in the past. For those that forget history are doomed to repeat it ÔÇô no matter how good or noble those intentions be. As for Akira, there be no loss of love between him and I. To tell the truth, I canÔÇÖt say that I look forward to assisting in pulling his arse out of the inferno either. For unlike all here, each of you came here by choice ÔÇô I do not. Each here has something to lose where as I have nothing to lose and nothing to gain, whether I do anything or not.ÔÇØ Gallion paused and surveyed the crowd. Some mumbled to each other, others feigned between interest and disinterest. There was only one that he could not read, something to do with them glasses he wore. SavageÔÇÖs demeanor on the other hand changed. To what Gallion couldnÔÇÖt care less but the tension in within the room seemed to dwindle some.

ÔÇ£And Ben, drop the spit and polish now. There is no rank, there is no pomp and circumstance, there are no rules and regulations to fall back into if things pilfer out. For you see Ben, if you drag Mr. Savage here through the wringer, ifÔÇÖn you, he, we survive this masquerade that is, you will have a lot of explaining to do. To Wit: Why did you leave your assigned patrol/mission zone without orders from Fleet? Why that is itself is dereliction of duty, conduct unbecoming, treason, and a plethora of other minor counts that get you at least 20 years on Titan.ÔÇØ

Gallion didnÔÇÖt wait for Ben to respond nor cared to see whatever his reaction was, he turned his foci back to the matter at hand, Savage. ÔÇ£It is good to see that your blades are not all dull Savage, and that you wickets just may survive an over or two. Granted we have a problem, nothing that 5 minutes in closed and darkened room wonÔÇÖt cure ÔÇô not that I would need all that time. You see Savage, I learned long ago not to take things personal. The last time I did almost got me killedÔÇØ Gallion said to Savage with his trademark sadistic grin as he caressed the scar on his neck that the deer referred to as a necklace, ÔÇ£To me this operation stinks something foul to no end. AinÔÇÖt much that I can do about ... yet. But we know the Who, What, and the Why. You say that you will provide the Where soon. That be all fine and dandy mister I have all the answers and hardware. What I want to know now is your concept of the How the hell are we gonna pull this off with this gaggle? Have you even taken into account the What If syndrome or the Murphy factor? What happens after first contact umm?ÔÇØ Again Gallion paused and surveyed the gaggle, more to collect his thoughts than for drama, ÔÇ£Even the best laid plans fail after first contact. What contingencies, if any, have you? Lord knows that there is enough gizmos and devices available right here in this room that would put a kink into what ever it is you have planned. And what about fire support and backup?ÔÇØ

IÔÇÖm getting to old for this cloak and dagger smack, Gallion thought to himself without saying, what the hell am I doing here?

[/rp]

TTFN

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 11-27-2000).]

[rp]

Akuma looked up at the clock on the wall and sighed. Blades was long overdue and everything had been prepped. She wasn't going to sit around here while for all intensive purposes probably somthing wasn't going well. Standing up she powered the ship down and walked out of the bridge. "Keep it hot." She said to one of the men standing off side.

Walking down the corridor she could hear explosive shouting and accusations bursting from the briefing room. She clenched her fist wincing at the burn mark and walked inside. "Gentlemen." Her voice carrying evenly over the crowd.

Not expecting to get a reaction she clears her throat as all eyes turn towards her. All male eyes, very male, not a single female in the group. Sighing inwardly she looks to Savage. "Ah...Sir, if you're done here I've got the engines hot and we're ready to be on our way."

She examines the room. "Is there a problem gentlemen?"

[rp]

I'm feeling much better! Yea!

------------------

Commander Akuma Minako

GCV - Tenchi, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

What am I doing here? I thought and memories start flooding back

Flashback 2993

Earth

Chirstmas

"Pass the peas please" said my cousin, Gina. I smiled and passed the bolw across the table. She smiled back. Then my grandfather started in.

"So son, what are you going to do now, since you graduated school?" the old smiled, I hated it when he keeps bringing it up, yes I know there was a traditon of joining Earth Force but my mom sides of the faimly were the black sheep and I took after her,

"Yes come on, the academey is just waiting to get applicatns and most certanly from a faimly like us!" said my uncle who was in charge of sercuity on one of their bases on Luna.

"Leave the poor dear alone, he just graduated, anyway we all know that he is going to ship out on the Oogles and learn more about the galaxy before he and his sister takes over the faimly businese" said my mom.

"Well then!" her dad said, disappointent brewing, I and saw my other 8 cousins 6 of them in Earth Force uniforms eating. I groaned.

Flash

UCV Oogles

Canlon Class Ship

Proycon

12th of May 2994

"AND IF I EVER CATCH YOU TRYING TO HACK INTO THE COMPUTER SYSTEMS AGAIN I WILL THROUGH YOU OUT THE NEAREST AIRLOCK YOUR MOTHER BE DAMNED, DO YOU HERE ME CADET!" yelled the captain

"YES SIR"

He smiled and limped back to the bridge, when the first shots hit us, the bulkhead by him blew killing him, the lights went out and the ship was decomprassing, I ran into the cargo bay and got into a EVA, and ran and check the cargo like the regs said, so when the door sealed off and the pod jetison I was a tad bit miffed. Then the ship blew up, causing a massavie shock wave, I blacked out........

and woke up again

"Cap'n the boy awaken!" said a very ugly man. I decdied as I look around the room, the medibay hadn't been cleaned in years, and it smelled, pretty bad. then a rather large and I mean large man came into the room, I thought This is a bad docudrama and the captain said more liked grunted

"What is your name! boy!"

I thought quickly "Jermey Iron" (of course not my real name since I obisuly changed it again.

"Huh you seem to have, a little wiegh, well work that off a you, you just joined the good pirate ship Captain's Fancy a nice modfied Sunflash, also as a precution you get a small bomb implanted in you, well take it out after 5 monthss but normaly by then you are wanted by the authorites and are to scare to run." he started laughing and I mean laugh.

UCV Captain's Fancy

Modifed Sunflash class ship

Hyperion

15 of March, 3004

"How is he?" I asked the doctor, who was the same man who awoke me from the cargo pod all those years ago, the doctor shruged and said "He won't make it past the night, and you can bet your bottom dollar no memory transfer to a clone will ever happen to him!"

"And when that happens" I sighed.

"You become the new Captain"

I know people who would be reading my thoughts to be able to see this would be wondering? What the heck is he doing being the first offcier on a pirate ship! well you see I was put on the wanted list, and after a series of very good raids we were in the black, or green or what ever the point was we were rich, so in 3002 we decdied to put down in Pixan and go legit, start up a small colony on of Saturns moons, what succesfull pirates do after they make it, well Earthcom wouldn't have none of that and they attack us on route to our landing coods, we killed 3 EarthCom crussiers, but took heavy damage, by now I had outlived most of the oringal crew, and so was the first officer, but on the planet an marines, which I subsqeunlty burned down, hit the captain in the chest with a rather large shot gun volly. I went into the room and said "Captain, its me Iron"

The old man was lying on the bed moving his hand to tell me to come closer, I did and I heared his last words "If I go to heaven I be watching you boy, you did me proud," and he died, I stood up and walk out of the room towards the bridge, my bridge.

Interlude

the following years I only raided nations that were at war with Terrans and Earthcom, well, lets just say that by the year of 3007, I had donated much of my money and my crews to charites helping, we made a pack and decided to lend our support to help defend Earth in our own way, of course this was bad PR for Earthcom since they keep having their coffers stolen, Jermey Irons was becomign a bit of celeb, so that fatefull christmas of 3006 I decided to take a risk and using some very fancy work landed cloak and all on Luna and took a shuttle along with most of the crew and we decided to vist our faimlies.

Earth

Christmas 3006

When I got home they were all glad to hear from me, and I gave them some tall tale of being stranded on a Pixan for years, and had to go back and finish off paying my debts, as the party swong around I realized that I was missing 4 cousins, and I inquried and my grandfather became very angry and said "They were killed by that pirate Jeremy Irons, I have it on good word that they found his ship, and right now are homing on it with some OTS hehe" I nodded and turned on the news and it showed the pictures of my ship buring as my crew scuttle her when the first of the missiles starting landing near her, the screen shifted and showed a pic of the battlecrusier and its commander, my cousin Gina. I imedtaly ran towards the door, and got a taxi to the shuttleport, as we were leaving I saw before we turned a bunch of Earthcom skimmers fly by the house, I cursed and went to get the surrviors of my crew.

12th of May

Now I sit across from the unamed officer onboard Sygan, and I told him my story and he nods and smiles but they are in need of commanders for their repidly growing fleet, so I was given a new ship a Warmonger by the name of Darkwind and I took the crew that surrvied the masscure of the Captain's Fancy

Present

I stay hidden of the shawdos of the room, when a very nice looking young lady came, in, I thought, maybe this won't be so bad after all.

[/rp]

(wew I think that was a quite of a good type of history, next time I post I will write something that pertains to the action.

[RP]

That he had not made an apparent impression on Gallion was no surprise. He had not been able to before and didn't think he would now. But Gallion's mind digested things differently than most men's it seemed. That he had quoted history gave Chavik some hope.

The other commander was full of ideals whether or not they led to the right thing. Chavik only hoped he could see past the threats and invision the importance of the mission.

A female walked into the crowd and spoke. All motion stopped as they listened to her.

Chavik found the merc who had searched him and made eye contact. He made a show of puling out his laser pointer. The merc grinned and elbowed his companion. Chavik aimed the beam directly above Gallion's head knowing he would see it. He wondered what the sight of that beam would do to him. Hopefully it would jolt him back to a reality that would work.

[/RP]

hehe , thanks Akuma. It was getting a bit melodramatic.

Always glad to help! cwm1.gif

[rp]

Akuma stood tall in the doorway and took two steps inside. "Is somthing going on here that I'm missing?" She looks around then locks eyes not with Blades but with Rattler.

Walking firmly towards him she steps up and takes his hand. "Uncle, am I able to speak freely?"

She glances nervously back at the men, every eye on her...Some obviously surprised. "I...Think it might be necessary."

She smiles at Blades sweetly... (I know what I'm doing Karl. Trust me, please!)

------------------

Commander Akuma Minako

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

Okay, I thought you allready launched but aparently not, so I changed my last post to Zeke beaming to his ship when he sees the engines powering up.

[rp]

Zeke re-energized on the bridge as he commanded and found people hustling about busily. Zeke was not surprised in the least, after all he had just ordered the ship launched as quickly as they could manage.

Then Cmdr. Stone noticed something he did not expect, there was someone laying on the floor, whether he was dead or unconscious Zeke was unaware. He approached the body cautiously and found it to be his Chief Science Officer, Lt. Commander Jet Thompson.

"We have a medical team on the way, Sir. He suddenly collapsed in mid sentence just before you hailed us," Lt. Commander Burke informed.

Suddenly, a medical team appeared out of the Turbolift. They reached Thompson's limp body and began to look it over. I'm not getting any pulse or respiration. They tried several different utencils to try and revive him. After about 20 minutes of working one of them looked at their watch.

"Sorry Sir. Time of death, 1:25 am," the medic announced sadly.

Zeke punched one of the consoles, and then regained his composure. He took a deep breath and said, "Tell Doctor Coleman to notify the family and arrange a funeral of some sorts. Also could you tell me how he died at least?"

The medic did a scan of the lifless body and said, "Sir, I can't find any indication that there was a problem. I'll run a more thorough scan in the medibay and get back to you."

The two medics, with the help of a marine, lifted the body onto the stretcher and proceeded to the medibay.

Zeke turned to Jake, who looked very surprised.

"What was he talking about before he collapsed?"

"Well, that's what scares me. He was in a panic, rambling about the reactor or something." Jake responded in a whisper, not wanting to alarm the crew.

"We'll talk more about this later, for now I must find out what's going on, on that ship. What's the ETA on the launched?"

"Aproximately.... 10 minutes." Jake responded.

"Good, don't bother me unless it's important. I have a drone on the ship and must keep my concentration on it." With that said, he walked over and sat in his chair. Jake went back to work.

His drone was sitting on a wall and as Zeke returned his concentration to it, he suddenly noticed something very large heading his way. He responded by lifting off from the fall and flying away at top speed. The thing that had almost dissable his drone was a hand which belonged to one of the mercs.

Wondering where the Mercs were heading, he did a backflip, flew over their heads and began to stalk them.

With a lot of twists and turns on the way he eventually made it to a briefing room of some sort. There were many Galcom and Insurgent Officers there, and one Pirate whom he recognized as Jeremy Iron. He spotted who had been looking for standing in front of them all with the Isurgent One, Fleet Commander Karl 'Blades' Savage.

He watched as Savage informed them all why they were assembled there and as the officers began to ask questions and make long pointless speeches. He found it all very interesting and knew now that the Marine he was looking for was not onboard but also knew that there may be some profit in keeping tabs on this whole thing. After all, he could nab that marine anytime, but this was a one time deal.

He considered capturing the ship and selling the officers to various buyers, but knew it was probably next to impossible to pull that off and didn't want all of Galcom and the Insugents after him because of it. There had to be some profit out of this, and he would find it.

------------------

Commander Zeke Stone

Mercenary

UCV-Susceptor - "Never Give Up, Never Surrender"

**Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job** -- Douglas Adams

I think I forgot to tell what my Char name is now, John Silence, he changed it after escaping from Earthcom.

[rp]

While all the melodramatic events were going on, I notice one man that looked at me a little to closly for my liking, call it insticts or whatever, I decided to talk to him, I walk across the room and said "Hello, I am Commander Silence and you are"

"Captian Stone"

"I see say don't you run a small merc outfit or something?"

"Yes, why I do belive you look like a person I know,"

"Really I havn't meet you before in my life" that was lie of course. I waited for his answer.

[/rp]

is that OK for this or no?

[rp]

SS Vulture

Time Unknown

Tired...need sleep, was the thought racing through my mind. First the surprise, then the Insurgents, then all the conflict, what else could go wrong today? Hey..is that a glitter? I thought I was seeing a drone..but you might be seeing things, remember in basic training? A smile crept on my face as I remembered a few things that happened...years ago and many many klicks away.

I need to start moving or I'm going to fall asleep from pure fatigue! I got up and started to pace around the room, noticing that the little glimmer never went away...but I thought they scanned us when we came in...unless....nah, it couldn't be...could it? I decided to keep quit about it. Murphy's Law...and when is this meeting going to end? Wait...you left all your gear in your shuttle...maybe if you leave all your weapons out....

I walked up to Savage, and asking a question I would probably get a negative for, "May I go to my shuttle and grab my gear?"

[/rp]

quote:

But the luck of the Irish was not with the old corsair ÔÇô more like MurphyÔÇÖs luck was plunging his evil hand into the pot and giving it a good shake and stir for good measure. A ruckus was caused within the gaggle as one ÔÇÿcommie, who Gallion knew nothing about, took it upon himself to start a fracas as he nailed the Insurgent sitting next to him with a blind-side hook. Before the victim could retaliate or the mayhem spread, the Mercs stepped in and restored some semblance of order as they carted the ÔÇÿcommie away under heavy restraints. The gaggle meandered back to once they were before the rude interruption and Gallion once again prepared to renew his jabs at Savage.

Ye gots to read the whole thread or where you last left off Jamont. I think this suffices for your character being placed under arrest biggrin.gif

TFN

Silence, I think you misinterrupted my message. I'm not actually on the ship, I'm on my own ship. I have a small bug looking device with a miniture camera transmitting a remote signal to my characters bionic eye. Sorry for the misunderstanding

------------------

Commander Zeke Stone

Mercenary

UCV-Susceptor - "Never Give Up, Never Surrender"

**Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job** -- Douglas Adams

Just a quickie to see what Akuma is playing at. smile.gif

[RP]

Savage glanced between Rattler and his subordinate, Commander Akuma Minako. He was unsure as to why she had returned to the briefing room, since his instructions were to prep the Vulture and stand by for a speedy departure. True, the briefing had taken longer than he had expected. Longer, perhaps, than was even neccesary. With the brief ruckass, the confused questions and Gallions outbursts, time had over run and they were already behind schedule.

Still, Akuma should have waited on the flight deck instead of coming back down here. She must have had a good reason to leave her post, and he for one wanted to hear it.

'In your own time, Akuma.'

[/RP}

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

GCV - Tsunami, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet Leader, ORION FLEET

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

(RP)

I watched the entire scene. The outbursts, the silent cries for mutiny. Blades had not been himself through this entire briefing.

Which meant it wasn't a trap. I had noticed Commander Miller's uneasy glances around the room. His eyes had passed right over me. If he did recognize me, he had done a superb job of hiding it.

It was amazing what a little hair and eye coloring could do to cover one's true identity.

Akuma Minako entered the room, and I noticed, for a second time, the scar tissue on her hand. No first year medical student could mishandle a tissue generator like that.

Only one with basic training. Any commander who had gone through the Accelerated Command Training Program with no previous medical experience could make that mistake. Her record indicated no previous medical experience. The Orion station records showed no official discharge until after she had been logged as leaving the station, and phych evaluations weren't submitted for an hour after that.

Right now, on Orion, Akuma was free and clear as far as the paperwork was concerned.

No psych evaluation after she had tried to kill herself, and here she was in the briefing room. Definately Blades' style.

There was no way in hell that I was going to allow this to continue. The scar tissue on her hand hadn't been mentioned at all in the medical logs on Orion. This was something new. Why would she burn her hand and not get it treated properly?

Simple: She didn't want anyone to know about it. To the untrained eye, there was no damage at all, unless one looked really close. On the other hand, I had far more medical experience. I knew what to look for.

I made eye contact with Blades. He stared for a second or two, then addressed Akuma for a moment.

His eyes drifted back to mine, long enough for me to send one of those patented "we-need-to-talk-immediately-but-don't-call-me-by-name" looks. Not ten minutes from now, or five, or one... right away. If there were any doubts as to whether or not I was David Foss, they had just been eliminated.

/RP

I'm in a better position as far as final projects go. I'm back!

Blades, I'll send you that bio later tonight. It's still incomplete, but I'll send you what we've got.

------------------

Commander David Foss

GCV - Deterrence, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Wing Leader, Deterrence Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'This far, no farther!'

[This message has been edited by David Foss (edited 12-04-2000).]

OCC I see then, ok then.

[rp]

I sat there, I had seen better anaracist meetings, before. No really I attened them till they blew open their airlock that one time.... But I just sat there watching sitting behind my suppeior Chavik.

[/rp]

[rp]

Akuma looked to Blades then nodded lowering her eyes. "I came back here." She begins her voice carrying over the group, some still arguing others sitting in mock silence. She clears her throat.

"I came back here because the briefing was supposed to be over half an hour ago." She looks to Blades. "It's true that I was ordered to the flight deck but it really felt out of place that Blades would be late."

She squeezes Rattlers hand. "We've been enemies for a long time." She raises her eyes hesitantly and casts a glance around the room. Her hands shake, to hide it she brushes a violet strand of hair out of her eyes and pushes it behind her ear.

"I'm sick and tired of everyone fighting." Her voice wavers a bit but anger seems to take over. "I'm tired of war and murder, rape and violence! I just want to be with my family! I'm sure a lot of you want to be with yours!" She clenches her free hand and stands a little straighter.

"I came here to find out if Blades was detained. My intention was to go back to the flight deck but then I saw you fighting and it shamed me! SHAMED me!"

She glares now at those that were fighting and even at those who remained silent. "Are we children or are we warriors?"

She shakes her head. "I honestly don't understand why you can't just leave you're misgivings and grudges behind you for just this once!"

Her eyes sparkle with unshed tears. "Here we sit arguing and fighting amoungst ourselves, not able to agree on anything and not willing to either while earth comes closer and closer to it's final breath. Is that what you want? Do you want to kill you're family and friends for the sake of misgivings?"

She lets go of Rattlers hand. "Earthcom came to me." She begins casting Blades a glance. "They threatened my Uncle's life." She steps forward. "They told me that Rattler would be killed if I didn't do what they said. So I did....Because I didn't want to lose Rattler. He's all I have left."

She looks from Fleet commander to Insurgent one. "I'm the catalyst of this. This is my fault and I'll be damned if I see it come to a tragic end."

She turns to Blades. "Thank you...Sir." The first time she's ever really said a truly ment 'sir'...The first time and not the last. She felt different. "Permission to return to the flight deck?"

[/rp]

Toldja it'd knock yer socks off. cwm4.gif

------------------

Commander Akuma Minako

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

Kirin is currently not in the briefing room. He's off in a dark corner brooding. That's about all I can really say.

Secondly. Where the heck did everyone go? Didn't my speech move you? **sniff**

cwm20.gif

------------------

Commander Akuma Minako

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

quote:

Didn't my speech move you?

The thought and inclination was there. But in the effort to get this gig rollin' along and to reduce further discorse, I decided not to acknowledge the tart's entrada.

Trust me on this Akuma, things coulda, woulda gotten eratic eek.gif

TTFN

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 12-11-2000).]