Into The Fire : ACT Three - Firestorm

Blades

[rp]

Modified TRT-15 Trnasport S.S. Vulture

11:31, May 19, 3008

ST-6

"Arr, meheartys! Abast, thar, lanlubber! Swing up the mast, lower to starbard! He be lookin' for booty, mates! Captain Liev is the most ruthless pirate on the sevean seas! Yo ho..."

Liev woke with a start. What kind of dream was that?, he though. I had a wooden leg!. He tried to rise. With a start, he realized that he couldn't move his leg, and it felt rather...wooden. He looked down and saw a crude field splint over his broken leg. He realized that someone had come while he was out and did a rough patch-up on him. He tested his weight on the gimp appendage. He could hardly feel anything, probably due to pain drug of some sort. He winced, remebering the wild dreams he had when he was being treated for a burn.

Realzing the drug might wear off soon, Liev decided to make his way to the med bay while hs still could. He walked rather awkwardly into the corridor.

And saw a stun gernade bounce past. He quickly hobbled down the corridor, trying to get as much metal between him and the radiation that would soon follow. As he turned, he heared Gammulan gunfire and yelling humans. He heard the wump of a stun grenade. During back, he saw one of the men he noticed at the briefing (the one who threw that punch?) run down clutching a Gam rifle. Hoping whatever the man was shooting at was to distracted to notice an injured passenger, he hobled quickly to the neaest turbolift. As the door was closing, he could hear more shouting from where the man with the rifle was running to.

When he arrived at the med bay he could begin to feel his leg. Whoever had set it did a great job...for someone with no medical training. Liev was beging to feel bits of bone digging into the muscle around his leg. Entering, he saw what looked like an understaffed triage, with patients on the beds and floor, but few doctors. A second look told him that those were actually bodies. Another testament to Gammulan efficiency.

"Pargdon," he grated out, "could I be looked at?"

One of the doctors looked up from his paitent, a bloodied man straped down onto his bed. The doctor looked very, very tired.

"What is it? Hmmm, broken leg? Sit over there and Ensign Donalds will be with you."

Liev nodded and hobbled to the chair the doctor had indicated.

[/rp]

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[RP]

1130hrs, 19 May, 3008

SS Vulture

Deck 2 Aft Corridor

Benjamin Somerset went down the corridor at a quick pace, constantly looking around, and checking the wrist scanner he had... requisitioned from a dead Gammulan warrior.

The scent of death followed him down the corridor, as the yellow Gammulan blood slowly dried on his chest placket.

Somerset wore the blood like a badge of honor. Two squads, or twelve Gammulans, had fallen under the concentrated fire of one Benjamin Somerset. He smiled wickedly, as he thought, "It's about time for the Gamm b*stards to get some payback after Rinaal...".

At the moment, he was headed toward Engineering. With all of the Gammulan boarding parties, they were sure to have sent some down to Engineering to wreak havoc. Another reason he was going there instead of searching for more intruders was because some of the ships damage had been incurred by a photon grenade tossed by one Commander Somerset. A nice chunk of Deck 2's Mid Corridor was strewn in pieces after the Gamms tried to ambush him.

They failed.

1140hrs, 19 May, 3008

SS Vulture

Main Engineering

He had been right about Engineering, unfortunately. The Gamms had not only killed most of the mercenary Engineers, they had also managed to cause at least some damage to a number of systems. Systems that were vital for their survival. Luckily for them, nothing was irreperable.

Somerset quickly began to organize the remaining mercs, and set up repair priorities. For the moment, he gave priority to engines, weapons, and shields. After that they would work on the sensors, and communications. The computers and life support appeared to be undamaged, which was good. Structural integrity was holding up as well. No need to suit up, unless they had to go outside.

With all the trouble inside the ship he devoutly hoped no one would have to go EVA.

Somerset may not have been a Shawn "Miracle Worker" O'Malley, but he knew how to fix a broken ship. Too many years of fighting had taught him that much. As he dove into the shattered consoles, burnt circuts, and leaky conduits, Somerset thought "We'll fix this bucket of bolts, or die trying."

He neglected to think that the latter was indeed an option.

[/RP]

Blades, it's up to you to decide how bad the damage really is wink.gif, and whether the comms are up to recieving Caine's message.

------------------

Commander Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/SIN Wing

Stealth is the only thing between you, and your enemy's guns.

[This message has been edited by Ben Somerset (edited 03-11-2001).]

Guest Mikel

[rp]

SS Vulture

11:31

Sh*T! I was wrong! But..Who the he*l are they!?! "Bridge, this is Nimitz, shut the engine bulkheads! Do it now!" He started running torwards the door as he saw it starting to drop down, however as he was running, his cracked rib broke causing Nimitz great agony and causing him to collapse. He watched as the door finished sealing. Damn. Stuck in the engine room with two unknowns. Nimitz ejected the empty mag in his rifle and loaded in a fresh one. Well, if I go I'm going to go down trying. He started to search the room...[/rp]

(RP)

Three medics and myself. I had been wrong, the fighting wasn't over yet. I still heard shots further down the corridor.

Bodies littered the deck. Most were mercs. Most were dead.

I turned back to the medic with the trauma kit.

"Do what you can for these people. Get another trauma kit down here ASAP. I'll take that one." I said, gesturing to the kit in his hand.

He handed the required kit to one of the other medics, who traded a stretcher with him, and the rest of my hastily formed Emergency Response Team hoofed it to the bridge.

Fortunately, we managed to dodge the fighting once again. Somewhere deep down, I knew that couldn't last forever.

We finally arrived on the bridge. I wished then and there that I'd brought more stretchers.

"Check them out." I said, directing the other two medics. They fanned out, checking the bodies. I headed straight for Blades, who was laying on the deck.

I checked for a pulse, and upon finding it, opened the trauma kit and grabbed a medical scanner. "Broken ribs, fractured arm. Severe internal bleeding." I shook my head. "He's going to die unless we get him stabilized."

Thankfully, it didn't take long to stabilize him. Unfortunately, it wasn't a complete job.

"We need to get him back to the medical bay. I've done all I can for him here. We'll be able to move him, at least."

The medics gave me their reports. Six wounded, the rest dead. Stabilized, but not for long. They had to be moved as well.

"All right, let's get the worst case to the medical bay. Send for a team to get the rest."

It was about then that I finally heard another voice. It was Rattler's.

"...he make it?"

"He will if we go now. Looks like you're in charge of the boat until he's back on his feet. If other events on this ship are any indication, he could be waiting for a while. We've got a lot of wounded so far." It belatedly occurred to me that I needed a second set of hands to carry the stretcher that Savage was on. Come to think of it, I would need a lot more hands if I wanted to save even half of the patients that would be coming in.

I closed my eyes, remembering my promise to Blades. "I'll fight just as hard to save an Insurgent's life as a Galcom Officer's." God, I hoped certain others had made similar promises, at least to themselves.

"Rattler, if any of your people have medical experience of any kind, I need them now."

Abruptly, another voice was heard above all. "Rattler?! Commander?! Where are you?"

I looked up to see, of all people, Akuma. She ran a hand through her hair and cleared her throat. "What the hell happened?"

"Ms. Minako, if you haven't been able to tell from the bodies lining the corridors from one end of this ship to the other, then I'll tell you. We were attacked by a ship full of Gammulans. We're still trying to fight some of them off. Now, if you don't mind, grab the other end of this stretcher and accompany us to the medical bay. If you do mind, do it anyway!"

(/RP)

Keep in mind, Foss is still wearing the contacts and hair coloring. He has no nametag, so it's very unlikely that Akuma will recognize him... yet smile.gif

------------------

Commander David Foss

GCV - Deterrence, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Wing Leader, Deterrence Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'This far, no farther!'

[This message has been edited by David Foss (edited 03-12-2001).]

[This message has been edited by David Foss (edited 03-12-2001).]

UCV 'LEO'

Bridge

11:31

[rp]

"No response yet sir, and I still can't tell if their comms is working or not. We keep getting partial feedback."

Slightly annoyed, Caine absently waved a hand over his shoulder. "Try again, same message. Try everything you know. Hack their system and have it display on their monitors for all I care."

"You think it's abandoned? It is prety damaged." one of the bridge officers chimed in as she straightened a wayward strand of hair.

"Nope, " Jo Sh-tann replied, "there are people around."

She offered no explanation as to how she knew. She just looked towards Caine and smiled, her slightly accented eye-teeth visible.

"You know the drill Huber, go ahead and do it."

A quick 'aye' signalled his return to work trying to get through to the smaller craft.

[/rp]

With luck, it'll get through, and I'll be able to lend a hand. Judging by timeframes, it should be heard just as Foss is ready to leave. (If it get's through.

------------------

Kenneth Dominik Caine:

Captain

Interceptor wing leader

Independant mercenary.

"Knowledge dispells fear, and you know nothing of me."

[RP]

11:33 hrs, 19th May, 3008

Modified LRT-15 Transport S.S Vulture

Command Deck

The bridge was now clear of the wounded, thanks to the efforts of acting CMO David Foss and a mixture of GalCom and Insurgent officers. Savage had been taken as soon as he was stabalised out of the wrecked bridge and down to the imfirmary along with the bodies of several of the mercs.

Rattler was holding up well despite his injuries, and had insisted to one of his worried officers that his injuries were not so severe that he needed immediate attention. He was now working feverishly under the mangled tacops terminal while Reynolds worked with equal fever on the communications terminal.

Soon, a small damage control team entered the bridge. Led by one of the Insurgent commanders and Gallion bringing up the rear, things tensed once again as Galcom and Insurgent came together amidst these unusual circumstances.

Fortunately each of the officers concentrated on the immediate problems rather than allow the Gammulans violent incursion to give them an excuse to launch at eachother. Everyone that is, except Gallion.

Reynolds observed him for a few moments while he waited for his diagnostics PAD to finish itÔÇÖs scanning cycle. He stood there looking over the bridge, his arms folded and looking about the motley crew with a look of contempt on his face. He looked at Galcom and Insurgent officers alike with the same hardened glare, and only allowed his features to soften when Rattler rose from under the tacops terminal and offered him a mag-span.

ÔÇ£You here to work or here to supervise?ÔÇØ said Insurgent One.

ÔÇ£What needs doing?ÔÇØ asked Gallion, arms folded.

Rattler spread his arms wide and gestured around the bridge. ÔÇ£It would be easier to say what doesnÔÇÖt need doing.ÔÇØ As an after thought, he added, ÔÇ£Hows Savage?ÔÇØ

GallionÔÇÖs face hardened. ÔÇ£I saw a couple of medics dragging his sorry carcase towards the infirmary.ÔÇØ

Rattler smiled. ÔÇ£Looks like that famous Blades luck held out. He should be dead ten times over.ÔÇØ

Gallion took the mag-spanner from Rattlers hand and looked over the brutal looking head of the instrument while responding. ÔÇ£The funny thing about luck is that it has a nasty habit of turning bad on you when you least need it. IÔÇÖd rather put my faith in Murphys predictible, unpredictability than that *******s luck.ÔÇØ

Rattler frowned at Gallions outburst. ÔÇ£Like it or not Corsair, if weÔÇÖre to succede in this mission, we need him.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Correction.ÔÇØ Started Gallion, stepping past the Insurgent Commander in Chief and over to a busted terminal. ÔÇ£YOU need him. I hope we understand eachother.ÔÇØ

Rattler left it at that. He knew enough about the wily Corsair to know when the conversation was over. Perhaps there would be time later to finish the discussion, as well as go over a few additional details that might be beneficial to them at a later stage. But not now.

Rattler turned to his side as he instinctively reacted to the sudden yelping from an officer beneath a console to his left. He glared down at the writhing Leutenant Commander Reynolds as he bolted from the console.

ÔÇ£Son of a *****!ÔÇØ yelled Reynolds, shaking a burnt hand in the air.

ÔÇ£You ok?ÔÇØ asked Rattler.

Uh, yes sir. I think I managed to get power back to the comms system. I accidently bridged the damaged circuits with my hand  seems to have done the trick.

Rattler smirked. ÔÇ£Novel approach Reynolds. Get yourself to the infirmary.ÔÇØ

Aye sir, I think Ive had enough dam-  

Rattler noticed that the communications officers attention was suddenly away from him and to a flashing dial on the newly repaired console.

ÔÇ£What is it?ÔÇØ

Reynolds stood and felt over the console. Were being hailed, sir. Without TacOps functioning, I cant tell where exactly its coming from, but its a ship  and its pretty close.

Rattler went back to the damaged TacOps terminal and began pulling at damaged wires again. ÔÇ£More Gamms?ÔÇØ

Reynolds shook his head. No sir. The transponder reads it as a merchant vessel . UCV LEO. Shall I, ah, patch it through?

Rattler thought for a moment and looked around the bridge. Smouldering consoles, buckled deck plates, blood smears over nealy all the surfaces . Not the most inviting of images  but certainly one that could be taken advantage of 

Engineering, this is the bridge. I need a status report ASAP. Tell me what we need if were gonna make our rendevous 

[/RP]

Ben, engineering is a mess. Several key systems are on the brink of failing. Basically, the Vulture could sure as hell use some supplies from a conveniently located ship. Get your list together and go ÔÇÿshoppingÔÇÖ. Remember ÔÇô The fate of the galaxy is in the hands of the people on this ship ÔǪ we cant play nicely all the time.

Ill let you guys take the lead on this one .

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Karl Savage

GCV - Tsunami, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet Leader, ORION FLEET

www.orionfleet.com

'Here cometh the storm!'

Guest Mikel

[rp]

SS Vulture

11:35

Nimitz had covered about half of the engine room, but it was getting harder. The pain-killer was wearing off and he was breathing in short, ragged breathes. D*mn these broken ribs!. Might as well let the bridge know what is going on. He activated his commlink "Bridge, *cough* this is Nimitz. I'm down in the *cough* Engine room. I've got tw-*cough* two intruders down here. Their not *cough* gammulans. Most of the *cough* most of the systems are heavily damaged an-" He didn't get anymore out as the world started spinning and turned black.....

[/rp]

[rp]

UCV 'LEO'

11:33 hours

Bridge

"Sir, we got a spike over there. The message has been acknowledged, but still no response."

Caine looked towards his wife, who just shrugged, giving him a 'told you so' look.

"Well, it seems they wanna play negotiate before we even talk. Ok then, I'll bite." Caine thinks for a moment, choosing his next words carefully.

"Send another message, voice and text."

As the commands were being typed into the console, Caine cleared his throat.

"Captain Dominik Caine, UCV 'LEO', help is coming, UNARMED."

Jo Shtann chimes in. "Boost it as much as you can. At this rate we might as well be folding paper airplanes and throwing them out the 'lock."

Caine looked towards his wife, his eyes wide. "How'd you know? Nevermind just stay close to them and be ready to hitail in case they don't like visitors."

Jo looked aghast. "You're going over too?"

"Of course, can't make my pitch here can I?" Before Jo could even bat a lash, Caine had left the bridge, on his way to the waiting shuttle.

11:36

Shuttle 'baromire'

beginning route to the vulture.

The shuttle glided smoothly from it's bay, and slipped into the void. "Caine to Shtann, be sure to keep an eye out for whatever caused the damage over there, ok sweety?"

Jo grumbled a response, and closed the channel.

------------------

Kenneth Dominik Caine:

Captain

Interceptor wing leader

Independant mercenary.

Akuma complied in silence with Foss her mind rattling with confusion. As soon as they were in med bay and Blades was carried away to surgery (She assumed) she sank to her knees. "My god." She gasped. "My god..."

She managed to take a seat in a nearby chair and held her head between her legs letting the nausia subside..."I've never..I mean.."

She gasped and stood running to the washrooms in the medbay and threw up.

When her guts subsided she resumed her seat her face a sheet white...

"What's wrong with these people?" She said her throat recoiling and threatening to make her wretch again. "I've never seen this before...What's wrong with these people?!"

She pulled out her blaster and settled it on her lap one hand gripped around the trigger shaking horribly. If they get in here...I'm not going to let them get out alive... She shivered again...

Waiting from news from the Commanding Medical Officer. (That would be you Foss hon)

------------------

Commander Akuma Minako

GCV - Tenchi, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

After getting transfered to the med bay, I had my broken leg sealed, got an larger dose of pain killers and was ready to be operated on the other leg, which got shot. To me it seemed like it was taking an long time, I was slated for surgery then was knocked back as some bigwig came in. Oh well the throbing feeling in my leg wassn't going away, and I decided to acctually look at it instead of looking the other way and see how badly damage my right leg was. I looked down and one the left saw the cast, and on the right saw an mess of blood and bone, luckly for me the gun the Gam was using caurtrize it as I got hit. Then I fainted again painkillers getting the better of me.

[RP]

1145hrs, 19 May, 3008

SS Vulture

Main Engineering

To an outsider, Engineering would have looked like it was in the middle of a major overhaul. To those trying to repair her many damaged systems, it was more like a nightmare.

Pieces of bulkhead were strewn about as every access panel lay open. A slight smoky mist still hung in the air, along with the smell of burnt equipment.

At the center of the nightmare, Benjamin Somerset was hastily trying to repair the broken ship. Thankfully, Logistix was still functioning so he could know exactly what was wrong with the ship. And at the moment, Somerset saw more red than he did green as he checked on the ship's status.

Engines were still functioning, barely. Until he effected more proper repairs, the ship wouldn't be able to get above 500mps, much less use her hyperdrive. The gravity stabilizer had been badly damaged in the attack, with almost half the components burnt out. Routing around that would give them 775mps, and the use of their hyperdrive. They wouldn't be able to use maximum acceleration, but it was better than nothing.

Save for the fact that when Somerset reviewed the ships specs, he noticed it had been "modified" with a military grade drive. Under good circumstances she should be able to accelerate to 1.1kps. Which would make her capable of a good run against a warship, especially with their reduced hyperdrive recharge times.

But to get maximum capability, he really needed a new gravity stabilizer. In addition to a new reactor link. Logistix showed that the reactor link was showing stress fractures. And if it went, Engineering would be flooded with drive plasma.

Needless to say, that was a very bad thing. Patching it wouldn't be too difficult, but with a patch job there would be no guarantees. Though if it failed, no one in Engineering would live long enough to worry about it. Or anyone else for that matter, if it burned through the reactor casing.

He had managed to ascertain that some of the damage to the engines had not been caused by the Gammulans, but instead by whomever was piloting the ship. He may not have cracked the reactor link, but he was the one who burnt out most of the grav stabilizer, and almost blew the inertial compensator.

The inertial compensator was what kept the crew from being turned into jelly whenever the ship accelerated. A sudden shift, like afterburners or hyperdrive, under normal circumstances would not be a problem. But with a malfunctioning intertial compensator, people were as likely to end up as a stain on the aft bulkhead as they were to live through the experience.

What he really needed was another whole engineering crew, and about 20 hours to make the ship combat-capable again. At least, as combat capable as a modified transport could be. Unfortunately, he didn't have either.

Which meant he simply had to jury-rig the ship into something workable. They were lucky that Somerset, in his younger days, had spent two years as a Chief Engineer.

He ordered four of the remaining people to start working on sealing the reactor link fractures, three to start work on routing around the grav stabilizer, two to repair the faulty components of the compensator, and the rest to attend to the other assorted malfunctions.

Somerset himself dived into the grav stabilizer, eyes burning as they encountered still smoldering parts. "Spanner," he said to one of the engineers. He looked at the piece in the cramped space and cursed silently. "Get me two Alpha-7 jumpers, and 1.5 meters of mag insulated cabling. Once we get around this fried node, there'll be 3 more to go. After that, we should have hyper back on line."

That was when his commlink beeped at him. Somerset's head came up, and struck the top of the conduit he was trying to work in. "Damn," he cursed. He twisted around in the small space and activated his commlink. "What!" he said disgustedly.

"This is Reynolds on the bridge, sir. Um...Fleet Commander Savage wants an update, sir. He wants to know how long until we can get underway."

"Hard to tell. The grav stabilizer is just about shot, and the compensator looks like it's barely hanging together. If you can give me 2 or 3 hours, I should be able to cobble enough together to get the compensator back up, 775mps, and hyperdrive. There won't be any max accel, top speed, or a normal hyper recharge time. At least, normal for this ship. I can have sensors, comms, shields, and PTA up in half an hour. Their problems are software related, and I've got a couple of people putting in replacement datachips right now."

"That's very good, sir. The Fleet Commander will be relieved to hear that."

"If he can give me 5 or 6 hours, I can have the engines back up to almost full capacity. There's too much damage to get this bucket up to her best, though. And you can thank the pilot up there for half of our problems. He's the one who burned out the stabilizer, and almost gave us compensator failure."

"I'll be sure to do that, sir. I should let you get back to work. Reynolds, out."

"Damn right you should let me get back to work," he said, making sure no one else was looking as he said "these mercs couldn't put this bucket back together with fifteen Academy engineering professors, complete technical documents, and fully automated droids on a good day."

The comm beeped again. "WHAT!" Somerset shouted.

"Sir, we're about to get assistance from a UCV Leo. They're going to send over some engineers, and replacement components. What do you need?"

"I've got a list stored in a datapad. I'll send it up to you." He looked at the merc who had just delievered his parts and said "Go get the datapad from the Master Situation Monitor, and run it up to the bridge."

The merc hesitated, which pushed Somerset's frayed nerves a little too far. "NOW, DAMN YOU!" The merc sprang up to attention, then began running toward the pad. "AND DON'T TAKE ALL BLOODY DAY GETTING BACK HERE!" Somerset yelled to the mercs back.

Once he had gotten the datapad, the merc came back toward Somerset as he headed for the hatch. He stopped momentarily, stiffened to attention, saluted, and said "Aye, aye, sir." He then turned and ran out the hatch.

The things one has to do to get things done around here... Somerset sighed to himself. "The parts list is on the way," he said politely. "Somerset out."

And with that, he dove back into the stabilizer, and instead of fixing the broken pieces, began yanking it out.

[RP]

Blades, I'll leave it up to you as to how long repairs take now that the Leo is here to assist. I didn't want to step on anyone's feet by using Rattler, so I used Reynolds instead. Hope that's all right. Besides, the last person who Somerset would want to talk to would be Insurgent One. wink.gif

------------------

Commander Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/SIN Wing

Stealth is the only thing between you, and your enemy's guns.

[This message has been edited by Ben Somerset (edited 03-15-2001).]

[rp]

11:48 hrs,19 May,3008

Shuttle 'Baromir'

Arriving

The small shuttle glided across the Vulture's damaged hull, making a quick assessment to see if anyone would have to go EVA. There seemed to be relatively little structural damage visible as they neared the ship, there were one or two good shots, but most seemed to have merely glanced off the hull.

"Caine." The sharp voice of his annoyed wife was unmistakeable.

"Ya hon?" He tried to sound calm, despite the exitement running through him.

"We finally got an answer. It was quite garbled, but a shopping list was sent as well, so their idea is obvious. We're loading a second shuttle with what they need, and a few more engineers. It'll be there in a few."

Caine grimaced at her choice of wording, secretly hoping he will be able to come out ahead of the game. Just as they finally found a place to dock, Jo gave voice to the human's concerns.

"We are going to make money with this, right? What they are asking for is adding up quite quickly."

"Don't worry, I'll be sure we get reimbursed during the negotiations."

As the couple talked, the pilot sent a request to dock.

[/rp]

------------------

Kenneth Dominik Caine:

Captain

Interceptor wing leader

Independant mercenary.

Ya lock me in the engine room and then pass out smile.gif, I like it.

[RP]

11:34hrs, 19th May, 3008

Modified LRT-15 Transport SS Vulture

Engine Room

Zeke was gritting his teeth and grunt quietly from the piece of metal still sticking into his left leg. He wasn't moving very quickly and had to brace himself with the wall.

He spotted another hallway up ahead, jointing off from the one he was in. Beyond that Zeke spotted what he had been looking for, a room.

Just before reaching the hallway he would have to pass by he suddenly heard a thud. Stopping cold in his tracks he listened for something more . . . nothing. He shuffled along the wall until he got to the corner. Pearing into the hall along with pulling his weapon in he spotted a body laying in the middle of the hall.

Around the corner he quickly moved toward the body, rifle aimed at it the whole time. Once reaching the body he painfully kicked it over with his injured leg, still pointing the rifle. It was the same person who had been trying to kill them just minutes before, looked pretty banged up too. Doing a quick scan with his bionic eye he discovered a heart beat.

"Now what do I do with you?" Zeke said to the unconscious man. Receiving no reply from the man Zeke decided to answer the question himself and began searching the man for weapons.

Once he felt he had found all of the weapons he began to drag the man down the hall toward the room he had spotted.

Inside Zeke found a lot of mechanical devices and noise making machines. Not the cleanest place to fix himself up but it would have to do. He laid out the man in one corner of the room and looked for something to tie him up with. Finding nothing he decided his rifle would have to do until he could get back on track toward to computer terminal.

Zeke knew it was never a good idea to remove an object from a wound, but leaving it there would probably cause more damage to the muscle. He pulled a bandage wrap out of one of the pockets on his 'tool' belt.

"Ahh!" he cried out as he quickly pulled out the piece of metal. Recovering from the pain quickly he began to wrap the bandage around his leg as tight as he could.

11:45 hrs, 19th May, 3008

Engine Room

Jet moved quickly and silently through the quiet hallways. His internal sensors were getting to much interference from the engine and various communications to detect much of anything.

He turned his head suddenly as he thought he heard something, must have been nothing. It surprised him that he reacted like this, a human reaction. Jet thought he had, had this mechanical body too long to still have human anything.

He heard something again, but still ignored it, proceeding with his mission to find the computer terminal. He knew they were locked in the engine room from the transmission he had intercepted from this Nimitz person. The terminal might be able to get them out.

He finally found it and immediatly accessed the ships database, hacking into a few things and getting as much information as he could find. The ship was severally damaged and there seemed to be another ship nearby, UCV Leo. He recognized the ship name, had encountered it before.

"Great more competition," Jet said to himself. Then he spotted something that really caught his eye, "Interresting."

[/RP]

------------------

Commander Zeke Stone,

Mercenary

UCV-Susceptor - "Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible."

Guest Mikel

[rp]

SS Vulture

11:40

He was standing in a ship full of dead bodies. What happened here? He looked for a weapon but, didn't find any. Hearing a noise ahead he went for the corner and something attacked him. He felt it punch his ribs and heard the crack as they broke. It starte munching on him, and felt it as it went for his lungs...

Nimitz woke up with a gasp. His ribs hurt like h*ll and the noises around him sounded like a engine What the, he thought before it flashed back to him. He looked around the room and saw someone else pointing a rifle at him. Hmm, now who the h*ll is this guy? I hope I don't have to kill him too. With that thought, he sat there and stared back at the man...

[/rp]

[rp]

11:42

SS Vulture

Caine and the engineers that accompanied him were greeted by several mercs as they boarded the modified transport. They all had rifles at the ready, and looked very jumpy. Nothing was said. They just arrived, raised their weapons, and guarded us.

Caine was beginning to admire the captain of this ship, whoever he was. He was sure to display power, and ensure controll of the situation by making them wait at gunpoint while arriving at leisure.

As the minutes passed, Caine watched a mixture of emotions spread across the faces of the guarding mercs, from waryness, to hatred, to relief. This told caine as much as walking down the ships halls would. The ship had a large body of mercs on it already, and they don't appreciate competition.

The human also took note of their injuries, and surmised that whoever attacked them boarded the ship. That meant that the crew suffered losses. They would be needing more than engineers. *Perfect*

11:48

'Same'

Caine was growing tired of the waiting game, and now lounged against a nearby bulkhead, staring at the roof.

"When is someone with command authority going to get here? I have other things to do you know." Turning an eye back to the immobile guardians, he awaited a response, but just got the same stony glare. *Sigh* "Fine, I guess we'll just have to wait and find out then."

Caine touches a blue jewel in his right ear(an obvious implant) and speaks into the air. "Jo, when is the second shuttle due?"

In his ear, he could hear the voice of his wife. "Should be there in five, the droid will unload the cargo and return to the ship when it's done. How go the negotiations?"

"Haven't started, the captain seems to be indisposed."

Having only caught half the conversation, the nearby mercs tense at the mention of another shuttle.

[/rp]

------------------

Kenneth Dominik Caine:

Captain

Interceptor wing leader

Independant mercenary.

[RP]

11:40 hrs, 19th May, 3008

Engine Room

Movement, he spotted it out of the corner of his eye, this was accompanied by a gasp barely heard over the sounds around them. Zeke quickly grabbed the rifle on his lap and aimed it at the wounded officer. The officer just sat there, didn't even look surprised by the whole situation.

"With the Gams running around I didn't feel it would be right to leave you unconscious in the hallway. Plus I wanted to keep an eye on you," Zeke said the man who just continued to stare. Zeke wondered if the officer was staring at his opaque left eye or staying alert in case he had to try and save his own life.

With one hand still on the gun and making sure he could still see any movement Zeke quickly pulled the bandage tight wrapped it around once more and tapped it down with a piece of duct tape. Not the best way to bandage something but it would have to do until he got back to his ship.

Zeke stood and performed a strange side step limping action toward the door, his rifle still aimed at the officer. "You don't look like the type who would reveal any information to me from just a threat, so I'm just going to leave."

With that said he hit the door release, locked the door and smashed the panel with the but of his gun. He cautiously limped into the hallway, checking the both the directions, the door closed behind him.

[/RP]

That should hold you for at least a few minutes wink.gif

------------------

Commander Zeke Stone,

Mercenary

UCV-Susceptor - "Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible."

[rp]

Jamont heard the klaxons and the voice over the comms.

He quickly grapped his sidearm and looked out his room.

Suddenly a quick shadow passed down the hall , it didn't look human to him.

Jamont quickly ran the other direction to find some guys to join a group and hunt the gams down.

[/rp]

Ok if someone want to join up on my character to hunt down the gams, lets rock.

(RP)

11:36 hrs, 19th May, 3008

Modified LRT-15 Transport S.S. Vulture

Medical Bay

We managed to stabalize Fleet Commander Savage with little difficulty. At least he was out of danger. Unfortunately, there wasn't time to take care of all his wounds. He was unconscious, which was just as well, given his injuries. We'd managed to stop the internal bleeding. The broken ribs had been set so that his lungs wouldn't be in danger of being punctured, but not well enough for him to move.

Then the nightmare started again. More wounded came in. Some superficial, some far worse. The medical bay had just become a triage facility.

And so had the rest of the ship. There was no way I could accommodate the number of people coming in.

That was when I heard the best piece of news since this whole thing started. Ensign Donaldson handed me a brief report, for formality's sake, then gave me the summary. "We've got more wounded coming in, but the last of the Gammulan soldiers have been eliminated. They've sounded the all clear."

"Any news on the extent of the incoming casualties?"

"Mostly superficial, sir. A few critical, but most of them were people who helped to fend off the last few troops. They're coming here for treatment. Cuts and bruises, mostly."

I looked around the medical bay. We were already stuffed in here tighter than a can of sardines. This wasn't going to work at all. "Any of those incoming who don't have a disabling injury are to search the ship deck by deck for more wounded."

"But sir, most of these people won't have any medical training..."

"Donaldson, anyone can find a pulse! Since it's no longer a shooting war out there, I'm declaring a medical emergency. Every able-bodied person is to search every square inch of the ship for wounded."

"Yes, sir."

"All right, listen up, people! This entire ship is now open ground. Anyone who's injuries are not life threatening is to be relocated. I want them in the cargo bays, personal quarters, anywhere but this medical bay. Draw up a list of injuries from worst to best, and work from there. Ensign Donaldson, take someone with you and work on getting the worst non-life threatening cases back on their feet."

"Yes, sir."

Too many wounded. It was impossible to save them all. But that was what I intended to do. There was no mistaking that I needed more hands, though.

"Sir, Christoff's crashing!"

Bloody hell! He was stable not three minutes ago! The youngest one in here so far, the merc couldn't be over twenty. He'd taken a shot to the chest. The armor had taken the brunt, but there was still massive tissue damage.

"What happened?" I said, as I arrived at the table.

"Massive bleeding, sir. His wound just reopened."

"Then seal it!"

"Tried that, sir. The regenerator isn't working."

Damn! Time for plan B. I reached over, forcing the wound closed with my hands. Good thing the kid was unconscious. Otherwise he would have felt every nerve firing in his chest. "All right, now seal it. Use a sutcher, use tape, use a red-hot barrel if you have to, but seal it now!"

With only one set of hands aside from my own, it was hopeless. That was when I remembered Akuma.

The young lass was sitting by the door to the medical bay, her weapon clutched tightly in her hands.

"Minako! The party's over! Put that weapon down and get over here! I need your help!"

Right then, the doors opened, and the last few stragglers, battered, bleeding, dying, staggered through the door.

(/RP)

Let the medical draft begin smile.gif

------------------

Commander David Foss

GCV - Deterrence, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Wing Leader, Deterrence Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'This far, no farther!'

Akuma's eyes turned towards Foss as she heard his orders. "Uh...Yes sir." She muttered as if just waking from a dream.

She approached the table and reached towards the man hands trembling.

"DAMMIT!" Foss shouted at her making her jump back. "For god sakes sanitize you're hands first! It's over there." He nodded his head towards the sink.

She shuffled over as quick as she could and washed throughly with soap and water. As soon as she was finished she joined again at his side. "What do you need me to do...Sir?"

She shook her head to get the violet strands of hair out of her eyes and then held his gaze with every ounce of courage she had left (which wasn't much).

I think I'm going to be sick again... She looked up at the man paled, looked down at the wound in the chest paled even more and then a tiny pin prick made her jump and look over at a nurse.

"What the...?"

Foss' eyes were gleaming with humor even though he was under stress. "Help me hold him together while we cauterize the wound." He spoke with more patience this time except with a strange scottish lilt she could have sworn wasn't there before.

The nurse was putting the needle she had pricked Akuma with away in a biohazard disposal unit and honestly Akuma herself was beginning to feel much better.

With almost dreamlike movements she placed her hands around Foss' and held the wound tightly together with all the strength that she had....

------------------

Commander Akuma Minako

GCV - Tenchi, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

Guest Mikel

[rp]

SS vulture

11:45

Well, I guess I had better try to get out. His ribs were really hurting him and it hurt alot just to breath. Nimitz unsteadily got to his feet and searched around for a door panel Maybe they remember what happened a few times and installed a door lock, after all you can't a person watching PerScan, if this ship even has one, all the time. He searched around. No luck. Well, I'm in no condition, even if I could, try to break it down. No lock to pick, so my alternative. Explosives.

He spent several minutes getting together enough supplies for a primitve primer cord. Crude and I hope it doesn't get me with it. Carefully using the adhesive and sticking the primer cord around the door's frame, he looked around just to make sure. I'll take cover behind that machinery.

He started the primer cord and ducked behind the machinery. Several seconds went by Did I mess u- Suddenly it went off with a bang, he felt the shockwave push him against the wall D*mn! Did I make an explosive or primer cord!!? He peeked around the corner and saw the door was blown in half D*mn! I used the explosive formula! Oh, well better make the best of it. Nimitz picked up a nice heavy wrench and screwdriver and headed out...

[/rp]

[rp]

11:52

Modified transport 'SS Vulture'

Caine has been leaning against the bulkhead for several minutes, one foot lifted against it as well, as he stared at the ceiling. The four engineers returned to the shuttle where they could be more comfortable, and waited.

"Caine, the other shuttle has arrived."

The human touches the jewel, and acknowleges the message, just as a similar one is sent to the mercs still guarding Caine.

"Do you even have a Captain on this tug-boat?" The human's patience was wearing thin. "Or was he killed in the attack." The rhetorical question got a response out of the mercs, telling him what he needed to know. Their CO was either badly injured, or dead.

"You have a chain of command here, right? Call up whoever is in charge, and tell him that the supplies he has requested are here, and to get his-+" His tirade is cut short, as he forgot to close the channel between himself and his wife.

"Caine!! We don't need your temper interfearing with our PR."

Dominik took a few calming breaths, closed the channel, and continued in a more civil tone. "to join me down here, or have me brought to him, so we can discuss how I and my crew can be of further service."

[/rp]

On the second shuttle is enough to bring the vulture to 85 or 95%, depending on the ingenuity of the engineers. (Mine and yours)

There were also another four engineers on board, and two medical assistants, and the LEO's chief med officer, a red-head in her mid forties, with a mean stubborn streak, and skill to match.(A phd that went military after her schooling.)

------------------

Kenneth Dominik Caine:

Captain

Interceptor wing leader

Independant mercenary.

[RP]

11:47 hrs, 19th May, 3008

Engine Room

Zeke had been limping clumsily down the hallway, his natural balance ruined by the injury. His mind seemed to be focused on one thing, finding out just what was going on, on this ship. It was this focus which blinded him earlier to something he would normally have noticed right away.

He suddenly noticed this problem now, his bionic eye had not identified the officer he had been pointing his rifle at. This realization came to him as he now noticed static in his view, this stopped him. Zeke peformed a self diagnostic of the his eye and discovered that the grenade had emitted a slight Electro-Magnetic Pulse as it exploded.

He knew his sight would only get worse, meaning he had to find Jet before this. Zeke quickened his pace toward the terminal they had designated as their rendezvous point.

[/RP]

------------------

Commander Zeke Stone,

Mercenary