Into The Fire : ACT Three - Firestorm

Blades

[rp]

11:55

SS Vulture

Finally, one of the mercs tapped another on the shoulder, then turned around and walked towards a terminal, where he opened a link with the bridge.

"Rattler"

The name made Caine stand again, and move towards the middle of the hall.

"Our guest is getting a little antsy, and a second shuttle has docked with us."

"It's the supplies you needed!" Caine called after the merc, surprising him.

"He says it's the supplies you needed. Should we take him up to the bridge, or are you coming down any time soon." the merc was sounding annoyed.

[/rp]

------------------

Kenneth Dominik Caine:

Captain

Interceptor wing leader

Independant mercenary.

"Knowledge dispells fear, and you know nothing of me."

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warning and pay attention folks eek.gif

[rp]

19th May, 3008

Modified LRT-15 Transport S.S. Vulture

Command Deck

This is another fine mess youÔÇÖve gotten yeself into Gallion. What will you do for the encore?

The bridge and engineering were a mess on the good space ship Vulture. All of the Gammulan intruders were dead as was most of the Merc contingent; most of these that remained alive were relegated to within the confines of the VultureÔÇÖs MedBay. A merc vessel offered aid and spare parts ÔÇô at inflated prices ÔÇô for reasons unknown to Gallion. Rattler was handling the negotiations with the merc not to far from him on the bridge.

The haggling was heated at times and was not going well for Rattler; at least that is what Gallion thought.

This is getting us nowhere fast, Gallion thought as he motioned to Reynolds and York to come to him. When they were within earshot of him, Gallion quickly outlined his plan. YorkÔÇÖs grin said it all where as ReynoldsÔÇÖ look of doubt and distrust said more. ÔÇ£work with me on this Reynolds,ÔÇØ Gallion said to the doubting Reynolds, ÔÇ£my lot is the same as yours, we have to get control of the situation before it blows up in our face. Murphy has a way of doing this ÔÇô in case ye has not recognized this fact yet.ÔÇØ Reynolds listened to GallionÔÇÖs explanation and looked at York, who nodded his head in agreement at Reynolds. Reynolds thought about it a moment longer before replying, ÔÇ£Aye, Sir, ÔÇØ and carrying out his portion of GallionÔÇÖs orders; round up able bodies and secure to the ship. The merc noticed this and looked towards Gallion, York and the departing Reynolds with mild concern before resuming negotiations with Rattler.

Gallion and York moved towards the haggling duo as they haggled over the price of a deflector array ÔÇô the mercs current asling price for the DA was at 800k Galcreds, down from 850k. As Rattler paused to consider this price, Gallion chimed in, ÔÇ£I can settle this affair very quickly.ÔÇØ York moved his BMP-9 towards the merc and quickly released the safety, which made a very load and audible click.

ÔÇØMr. ... Caine was it not?ÔÇØ Gallion said to the merc and continued without waiting for a response, "we seem to be at an impasse. To wit: you have the supply we have the demand. Excellent income potential for ye and yours. However, we do not have the luxury for the traditional approach so we will do this my way. You will be compensated your purchase price plus ten ÔÇô no make it twenty-five percent ÔÇô for each item that we purchase from you. Hopefully you have a decent ledger system available for if you cannot backup your purchase price, the base market price will be used. In the case of the deflector array currently under going negotiations, we will pay 450k plus 25% if you cannot provide proof of your purchase price.ÔÇØ

...for once I wish I could see those eyes, Gallion thought as he took a quick looked at Rattler before resuming his Corsair style negotiation tactics with the merc, ...I hate mercs, ÔÇ£You will also be compensated reasonable labor rates while your other personnel are assisting this vessel and crew through our current crisis. Which brings up another sticking point that I am sure that you will not voluntarily agree to. You, the four SE, two medics, and the CMO are now part of this ship and its crew. Consider yourselves Shanghaied and Welcome to Our Nightmare!ÔÇØ Out of the corner of his eye he noticed Rattle twitch, just a tad, damn, again I'd like to see his bloomin' eyes, and York lowered the muzzle his BMP-9 assault rifle, just a tad bit more towards the merc, ÔÇ£Any Questions?ÔÇØ

19th May, 3008

GCV Graf Spee

ÔÇ£Range to target,ÔÇØ Rico asked.

ÔÇ£15km and closingÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Boarding parties ready and standing by at the transporter,ÔÇØ Resprick reported.

ÔÇ£Communications Link established, cloaking field integrity 100%,ÔÇØ came the other reports.

ÔÇ£UCV Leo,ÔÇØ Rico began speaking to the current target of the GCV Graf Spee, ÔÇ£lower you shields and prepare to be boarded. Resistance is futile, [pun intended] eek.gif you have 15 seconds to comply.ÔÇØ Rico terminated the communications link transmission and waited for the target's reply. With any luck, things would not get violent.

ÔÇ£Boarding Teams aware of the ROE Resprick?ÔÇØ Rico asked of his combat officer.

ÔÇ£Aye! Sir!ÔÇØ Resprick replied, ÔÇ£fully aware of the ROE sir!ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Good,ÔÇØ Rico replied.

ÔÇ£Missiles Locked and ready,ÔÇØ tactical reported, ÔÇ£target designated FATAL for eight Vagrants with remaining twelve in the queue.ÔÇØ

Now we wait, thought Rico from his command chair perch on the Graf Spee, ten seconds to go...

...nine...

...eight...

[/rp]

Caine ÔÇô failure to comply will result in UCV Leo DeD Process.

Resistance will be bloody.

The choice is yours rolleyes.gif Choose wisely biggrin.gif

Any questions can be answered by Blades.

TTFN

Edit Note: Did something that I really dislike doing - fixed/corrected a previous post after someone else responded to it. Poor posting practice on my part. Could have sworn that there were to of ye on the Vulture Caine. Anyway removed all reference of Jo in my post. Made other minor corrections that do not effect my post or those that follow eek.gif

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 03-26-2001).]

11:52 hrs, 19th May, 3008

Modified LRT-15 Transport SS Vulture

Engine Room

Jet had discovered some shocking information on QSDs, something he had created himself a long time ago. He thought he was the only person in this galaxy to know anything about QSDs, but somehow this ship had acquired the information.

After reviewing this and other information he started working on a way to get the Engine Room door open. The terminal had contained no information about the ships mission or intentions so he would have to find it elsewhere.

He heard something behind him, looked, and found there was nothing there. He quickly scanned the area just in case and came up with nothing again, not that his sensors were working at 100% anyway but he could still detect nearby objects.

Turning back to his work he again heard something behind him, he started to turn...

"Don't move," a voice behind him warned. He once again scanned but could not detect anything behind him. Whoever this person was, they were good.

11:55 hrs, 19th May, 3008

Engine Room

Zeke could hardly see now, he was mostly seeing static. For this reason he stuck close to the wall, unable to see too far ahead, he simple followed this wall. He was also unable to get a lock on the terminal or his friend Jet.

He looked behind him again to make sure he wasn't being follow, saw nothing, heard nothing, that didn't mean anything.

Zzeeoowwrr, psst.

The sound of his bioic eye shutting down, now he was completely blind. He would have to let his other senses and his instinct guide him now.

Clasping the gun in one hand, he felt along the wall until he came to a door . . . no it was a grate. He thought about entering it but decided it would be best to find Jet. He began counting his steps, so he could find this grate again if he needed too.

12:01 hrs, 19th May, 3008

Modified Shuttle Craft

Jake Burke had been following the LRT-15 since his CO ordered him to go back to the ship. He knew better though, Zeke may have camoflauge from Jet but Jake knew his friend couldn't go anywhere without getting in trouble.

So he followed in the wake of the Transport, waiting for his sign to come to the rescue. He was still cloaked and this new cloaking system seemed to be able to run for a while with radiating the small craft. Although there was a few problems with it which almost caused him to de-cloak but he managed to stop this from happening.

He now noticed a new ship decloaking nearby the UCV-Leo which was also following the Vulture around. It was getting crowded around here.

[ 04-16-2001: Message edited by: Commander Zeke Stone ]

Hmmm... quite the predicament indeed. But there is one small problem. Jo Shtann is still on the LEO. She had been communicating with Caine through an ear implant. I'll work with it though. smile.gif

[rp]

SS Vulture

Bridge

Caine was pleased. "Surely 800 is a reasonable offer considering this ships current state of affairs." Smiling, he looked over the bridge while the man came up with a counter. As he did, his eyes fell on three men that were speaking quietly. *I'd better spring this, before I push too far.* Caine turned back towards Rattler, and interrupted his counter of 750.

"I can see you are a smart guy, and I am aware of your current state, so I'm willing to cut a deal you might appreciate. You get the equipment at cost, and for the labor, we get 80 units of Radine, and a couple other elements, I'll have the specifics sent over." Caine flashes his best 'used car salesman' smile.('Cause hey!...It's you!) "My wife will do the number crunching and-+" The bridge went silent as the unmistakeable *click* of a safety being removed reached the ears of everyone there. Off to one side of the room, a man was holding a rifle at Caine.

A second man immediately began spouting demands, and before his tirade concluded, Caine recieved a hasty message from Jo Shtann.

"I think negotiations have gone sour, we have a guest."

----------

Nightstar Carrier LEO

Bridge

Huber called foreward, alarm etched in his voice. "We have company. Another ship has uncloaked and is powering up."

Jo Shtann sat straight in her chair, and immediately sent a message to Caine.

"I think negotiations have gone sour, we have a guest."

The ship sent a curt message, demanding that the carrier stand down.

"I know hon, there's a rifle pointed at me."

"Shields!" Jo took a quick look at the small monitor on the left arm of her chair as it displayed a tactical representation of the other ship. "Back us off. Try to put the vulture between us and our friend."

She looked to an officer just as she began punching commands. "Don't power up weapons, they have Caine."

The count had reached 4.

"Dammit!" Jo watched as the other ship matched the carriers maneuver. "Caine, tell me what's happening down there!"

"Caine!" There was no response. Infuriated, Jo glared at the screen. "IOD."

Targeting displays and power readouts came to life.

"They've got us." Caine's voice flowed over the bridge, he sounded stone calm.

"Mercenary Carrier LEO to attacking vessel, we stand down." Jo turned to tac. "IOD offline." The woman manning the post stated matter-of-factly.

Shields, however, remained up.

Jo slammed the right armrest of her chair with her fist, sending a loud *Snap!* across the bridge.

SS Vulrure

Bridge

Caine turned towards the operation's ringleader. "Well done. That was quick, efficient, and ruthless. I like that." Suddenly, Caines expression turned to stone, his eyes putting the meaning across for his next words. "That's why I won't kill you later."

Caine looked towards Rattler, who seemed as surprised as everyone else at the situation, but he hid it remarkably.

"As for being 'shanghied' as you put it, umm...no. Things just don't work that way my friend. I have made an offer for my aid, and it's more than fair. If further services are needed so badly, something can be worked out. We ARE mercs, after-all."

[/rp]

Ahhh yes, the fine art of negotiations. Demand a high price, then suddenly drop it to what you really want and it seems like a song. I love being a merc. cwm1.gif

------------------

Kenneth Dominik Caine:

Captain

Interceptor wing leader

Independant mercenary.

[This message has been edited by Caine (edited 03-26-2001).]

[rp]

12:00 Rm 14g

Wold finishes cleaning up and and exits the head more or less with a bit clearer head. Cold, low pressure recycled water tends to do that. However, the chemical warefare, initiated by the medical staff, taking place in his system seemed to have affected short term memory. Directing a puzzled look at the woman in the room "Do I know you? You look hurt..."

Mel quirks a smile at him "Yea, you know me and I'm fine. Guess Foss must have addeled your brains a bit there. Here's a quick review, see if you can concentrate a few and remember something....."

After his "briefing" the years of ingrained responsibilty of ship command kicks Wolds subconscience into purposeful movement. It was obvious, even in his condition, that the ship had been hit, hard. With a detached sense of reality and the feeling of being 'out-of-body' Wold digs through his stuff in the closet. Finding his computer he hooks it into the Vultures system.

Several minutes later a private message to Rattler or Savage appears on communications screen from Wold:

RATTLER:

Logistix computer appears destroyed, I have patched computer in rm 14g to act as temporary Logistix computer. Limited capability, damage control/repair of CC only.

Second, untraced payment for current repairs/parts can be arranged through Pixan. I had, ah, aquired a freighter enroute to this fiasco. Access codes, security bypass files, and manafest sent to your "comm box".

Wold out

With a tired, woeful glance at his faithful watchdog Wold heads back to the cot, now wondering who this Foss character is and why short term memory seems to have been hit with a shotgun. [/rp]

------------------

Commodore Wold

ICV-Drakr, Spectre HQ (Antis)

Commanding Officer, Spectre HQ

Spectre Fleet

ICQ 4669033

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

Wold,

The Logistix computer is still functioning. In page one, this is how Somerset manages to ascertain damage to the ship, and the best way to effect repairs. Just though you should know. wink.gif

------------------

Commander Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/SIN Wing

Stealth is the only thing between you, and your enemy's guns.

Woo hoo! I'm finally going to write my self into the story. I'm a newbie, but I hope you like it all. I'll blend into the actual plot later.

Alright, it starts when I'm just a Merc Marine on this ship, just coming back from patrol, on the Vulture, going back to my quarters, when those Gams board the ship and cause chaos. I see the Gams before the alarms go off.

[rp]

11:15 hrs, 19th May, 3008

Deck 1

Damn COMmies. I was just getting used to this ship, and the crew, and then what happens? We can't leave the ship, contact anyone, or do anything that involves mostly anything outside. I mean, what's wrong with that? I've pretty much never liked Galcom, or the Insurgency for that matter too. I decided to head to my quarters for a break, and some well needed sleep; i haven't slept in over 27 hours. cwm10.gif

"Crap, I need a better job.

On my way up, I was beginning to question joining this ship--but something caught my attention.

"What the hell?" I muttered to myself. There were 3 Gammulan Marines down the Corridor. They weren't facing me, so at least they didn't see me. I was fully suited and was ready to attack.

"Hmm... 3 vs. 1..." I thought to myself. Of course, they had their equipment too. I tossed a grenade, but it didn't do much to their advanced suits. They saw me, and started shooting. I shot back with my pistol, and I got one in the head, but I was still outnumbered, so I only had one option. I ran as hard as I could to the Command Deck (nearest room), yelling and panicing on my Commlink several times, but all of a sudden I felt a pain on my left arm, and then a weird feeling shot up my spine, as the alarms were just setting off, and I fell on the deck...........

11:38 hrs, 19th May, 3008

Medibay

I woke up and asked myself, "What the hell happened?" A bit later, I was out cold again. When I awoke, my arm was okay, and so was my back. "Technology isn't as useless as I thought."

The Commander Foss or something guy was just getting started about how many people were in Medibay and moving them. I didn't even sit up yet. "S% what a headache." I shook my head, and sat up. "Where the hell am I and what time is it," I asked. Somebody told me I was in Medibay and that it was already 11:40. Damn. Must've been out for a while. I stood up, and headed off to go to my quarters to check on what the hell happened while I was gone, about the Gams.

"Oh, yeah. Gimme some more pain killer before I go." He doesn't realize the big ass headache I have.

"Sure. ;mumble; merc scum ;/mumble;" He gave me the packs of pain killer.

"I heard that!" But by then, I was out the door.

Damn COMies; and Insurgents too. I knew I should have taken that fighter pilot job back at Pixan.

[rp]

------------------

Commander Alec Nova (Terran/Mercenary)

UCV Dark Outlaw (Modified SpaceStar Class Ship)

"To me, luck is useless in life; especially if you've

got a bigger gun than the guy next to you."

[This message has been edited by Cmdr Nova (edited 03-26-2001).]

[rp]

May 19, 3008

S.S. Vulture

Medical May

Becoming rather impatient after waiting for someone to look at his leg, Liev decided to have a little fun and hack into the Vulture's TacOps computer.

After easily bypassing the rather perfunctary merc firewall and gates, Liev saw with some surprise that they were not alone. A Nightstar with an independently registered IFF signal. As he watched, the GCV Graf Spree decloaked no more than 20 clicks from the, hmm, Leo, powered its weapons, and waited.

Small wieght lifted from Liev's shoulders. Fliting off to a no-doubt heavily fortified Earthcom base (Remember why we're here? He he, I just did!) in an unarmed frieghter did not sit well. But with a Battlecruiser and a Nightstar on their flank, the odds looked a little better.

That is, if a frontal appraoch was the plan. If Liev found out that it was, he had quietly promised himself that he would leave the Vulture at post haste, and try to spring the Akira on his own. An all out assault on an Earthcom prison (or whatever) by the leader of the "lemmings" sounded more like suicide than a succesful mission.

If worst came to worse, he could always lift a fighter from that Nightstar...

...which just surrenederd, according to the white flag the TacOps AI had placed over the ship. "Curious," thought Liev. An assault cruiser surrenduring to a merc transport? Stormcarriers, mercanaries, rebel Fleet officers, Gams...an intresting week indeed.

Feeling advantures and more than a tad curious, Liev conviced the computer to "prescribe" him some painkillers, and hopped off to the bridge. The medical ignored him, as they have been.

[/rp]

Yes I'm a teensy bit muffed about not being treated (most everyone is dead anyway, right?), so I'm going to extract revenge and casue some trouble... muwahahaha! biggrin.gif

Foss has his hands full, as does a good portion of the medical staff, getting people to stop bleeding all over the deck. However, there are two medics, along with a few mercs who did survive and are still on their feet, who are shifting people over to the cargo bay and any nearby rooms that have enough space. The only poeple they are moving are those whose injuries are not life-threatening, and those whose injuries do NOT require surgery.

Whisper, since your only injury was a broken leg, and it was not life-threatening, you would have been moved to another area of the ship and tended to accordingly. It's safe to say that you would have been treated. Ah well. Maybe you're dealing with another uncaring MA. smile.gif If that's the case, your character should submit a complaint. However, even if that is the case, Ensign Donalds and her assistant are doing all they can. Since you were moved out of the medical bay, I don't think there would be a computer to hack into that would be capable of giving you painkillers. There should also be at least a couple of additional people who would be helping in any way they could. It's my fault for not mentioning that in my previous post, though, so I'll roll with it smile.gif

For the record, anyone else who was injured, but not badly enough to require surgery (chest wounds, etc. use your own judgement), it's safe to assume that you've been moved and tended to by Ensign Donaldson and her partner.

(RP)

11:39 hrs, 19th May, 3008

Medical Bay

"DAMN IT! For god sakes sanitize you're hands first! It's over there." I said, nodding my head towards the sink.

I should have held back such a reaction. For a moment, I'd forgotten that Akuma had no training. At least, not according to her records. She quickly did as she was told, but as she returned to the patient's side, I could tell she was close to either panicking, passing out, or doing something rather messy with her lunch.

I gave an almost imperceptable nod toward one of the MA's. She nodded and gave Akuma a slight sedative. Nothing too strong, just something to calm her down.

I'm not sure why I was smiling, ever so slightly. Perhaps she reminded me of myself a long time ago. Damn, that was it! It was a mirror image! I ignored that train of thought, as it wasn't helping Christoff at all. "Help me hold him together while we cauterize the wound."

One of the most disturbing things about medical practice during combat or triage situations, or in medical emergencies where the needed equipment is not available, is that you sometimes have to resort to drastic measures to get anything done. I won't go into what we had to do, patient-doctor confitentiality being what it is. Suffice to say, we managed to stop the bleeding and stabilize him again. However, it was quite clear that he would need a lot of time to recover.

Just like a lot of other people in this room.

"Jamont reporting for duty, anyone need a hand?"

I looked up to see someone with barely a scratch on him. Lucky lad. I wasn't sure if he was Galcom or Insurgent, but it hardly mattered right now. Lives were at stake.

"Aye! We're pretty full here. If you have any training as a surgeon, Mr. Jamont, you can help out here. If not, see if you can give Ensign Donaldson a hand in the cargo bay."

I moved across the room, trusting Mr. Jamont to make up his mind based on his own observations. As I was moving, a display caught the corner of my eye. It was a display indicating a room on deck 1. 14g, if I remembered correctly. Damn! Commander Wold!

I headed over to the terminal, opening a link to Ensign Donaldson.

"Yes, sir?"

"Ensign, I need you to find an Insurgent uniform."

She looked at me as though I'd grown a third eye. "An Insurgent uniform? What for?"

"Commander Wold is an Insurgent, and he doesn't seem to like medical environments. It's safe to assume he would react in an... undesirable fashion... if you tried to wake him while dressed as you are. It'd be even more likely if you were in a Galcom uniform. See if you can borrow an Insurgent uniform and try to wake him up."

"Sir, I don't know if any of the supplies I have here will do it. And if he does turn violent, I know I don't have what I need to sedate him again!"

"Then do it quickly and get out of the room if you're worried. But keep monitoring him. We don't want anything unexpected to happen."

She was reluctant, but she responded quickly with a simple "Yes, sir."

(/RP)

That gives her roughly twenty minutes to find a uniform and wake you up, Wold. Haven't figured out where she'll get the uniform yet, but it's hardly an important issue, since you're already awake. smile.gif However, it's entirely possible that whatever drug she gave you had some nasty side effects, particularly with your memory.

I think that's got everyone. If not, let me know and I'll revise accordingly.

[This message has been edited by David Foss (edited 03-27-2001).]

Akuma stood exactly where she was watching Foss with an critical eye. "I should be going...sir."

She wavered slightly and then tensed all over and took two bold steps forward, away from the mess of the surgical table and stopped, hands still clenched but noticebly trying to relax.

"Hey Jamont." She said in a soft voice. "Long time no see." She then took two more strides and sat ungracefully in a seat by the door.

"Hrm...Maybe on second thought I'll just rest here for a moment..." She looked to Foss. "If that's okay sir?"

------------------

Commander Akuma Minako

GCV - Tenchi, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

Foss: Err...let's just pretend that the docs just ignored me. okay? biggrin.gif

Actually, I can think of a better reason: Liev already has a fieild cast on his leg, so the docs might consider him "healed", even if he is in some pain. Thus, they ignore him, and Liev (not knowing triage procedures) is sitting around waiting to be worked on. And since it's not the doc's fault, I'll just forget that revenge bit. biggrin.gif

[rp]

Jamont thought by himself , damn i never had any med training....

Mr. Foss sorry i have no med training so ill head over to the cargo bay to help the ensign out.. !!!

Suddenly a whisper sayed something to jamont he looked back and saw a woman standing there , after take a quick think he remember here and sayed..

'yeah long time no see , sorry i gotta run to the cargo bay , maybe ill catch up with you later'

He waved and ran of to the cargo bay ....

[/rp]

------------------

Commander Nick Jamont

GCV Prophecy IV, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Intel & Espionage Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

"silence is gold"

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

(RP)

11:40 hrs, 19th May, 3008

Outside of Medibay

I heard Foss and Jamont talking. Barely anyone had any medical experience, or training. I knew I had the experience they needed (you learn a lot being a hired Mercenary), but I didn't say anything at first.

Jamont left the room, and turned to the other side of the hall, and saw someone. I thought nothing of it. He just kept going to the Cargo Bay. I think my conscience was getting the better of me, but I decided to head back into Medibay and help out, but just for a bit.

"Sir, Alec Nova reporting for duty. I think you need someone who has medical skills, don't you? Well, I''ve got the skills you need."

Foss replied, "Alright. First we need to move all the people with non-life threatening injuries to other rooms; it's too crowded here."

"Sure."

(/RP)

(My second RPG post in the story!)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Cmdr Nova (edited 03-28-2001).]

(RP)

"And Foss, remember, I'm only doing this because I'm gettin paid for this job. I'll make the best of this."

(RP)

cwm7.gif

------------------

Guest Mikel

I'm p*ssed off at this board right now. I'm going to try and salavage my post I was doing last night.

[rp]

SS Vulture

Nimitz peeked out from behind a crate and watched the man at the terminal. There's something unusual about him... He watched the man for several minutes but didn't see anything unusal about him He's moving a little rough, maybe he has a artificial limb? Nimitz realized that he would have to do something...

His chest was a boiling pot of lava I hope I still have some painkillers on myself.. He quickly searched his pockets and his hands came on a needle I always hated them, but it's better than nothing He took the needle and jabbed him self in his left arm and injected the painkiller.

Nimitz felt the soothing coolness of the drug wash over him and carefully put the needle down. He hefted the wrench in his hand. Time to go to work He snuck up as silently as he could until he was just out of arms reach He's really engrossed with that terminal. Taking a breath, Nimitz said, in just above a whisper, "Don't move."

He watched the man jerk in surprise. Now, what to do with him, he thought just as he heard a sound, he looked to the left It's the guy that captured me! The man down there lifted his rifle and Nimitz quickly moved back down to where he was before Great, back at square one.

[/rp]

[rp]

SS vulture

Bridge

Caine continued his dialogue uninterrupted. "As to any questions? I have two."

"One, do you have a bay equipped to carry and charge an interceptor? Because I don't go _anywhere_ without my fighter."

"Two, do I get paid on the onset, or after completion of the mission."

------------------

Kenneth Dominik Caine:

Captain

Interceptor wing leader

Independant mercenary.

Caine, being a merc has its advantages, doesn't it? Lol........

I wish we had more indies in the RP board, that would be cool.

------------------

Well, we got three mercs. At least we're growing wink.gif

[RP]

11:58 hrs, 19th May, 3008

Engine Room

The door Zeke had gone through seemed to have lead to another hallway. It seemed rather long to Zeke who has hobbling along against the left wall. He could here something ahead now, like someone pressing buttons on a terminal, could be Jet.

"Don't move," when hearing this Zeke froze and raised his rifle, unsure of what to do or who was talking to who.

After a minute or so he didn't hear anything else and was considering calling out. This probably would not be a great idea, if the person hadn't spotted him yet he could soon have a gun pointed at him and not know it. Now Zeke thought it would be best to head back the way he came, he had passed a door not too long ago.

12:01 hrs, 19th May, 3008

Engine Room

Total sensor blackout, that is what Jet seemed to be experiencing, and at the worst possible time. He didn't know who was behind him, what sort of weapon they had or even how far away they were.

Jet heard something else down the hallway behind him, might be Zeke. He didn't dare turn to see, wouldn't want to give away Zeke's position if it was him. Now he heard a shuffling of feet from the direction of the the man Jet assumed had a weapon.

It's now or never Jet thought to himself and performed a sort of sideways backflip away from the man with the weapon. While he was in midair Jet quickly searched for this man, all he saw was his arm which quickly moved the rest of the way behind a crate. After landing, Jet hit the floor and rolled to the other side of the crate. He didn't get the chance to check and see if it was Zeke behind him.

[/RP]

------------------

Commander Zeke Stone,

Mercenary

UCV-Susceptor - "Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible."

[This message has been edited by Commander Zeke Stone (edited 03-28-2001).]

Guest Mikel

[rp]

SS Vulture

He's a robot! Or is it Android? Nimitz didn't have any time to debate this as he heard it approach him from behind. The adredaline started pumping into him, he felt his senses sharpen.

He heard him come up behind him, and holding the screwdriver in his hand, quickly twisted and threw it. Not taking the time to see if it hit, he dashed across to some other cover and set himself to ambush the one with the rifle....

[/rp]

Well, I'll jump around 25 min ahead to 12:05 (I was at 11:40 last post). Oh yeah, I also added some of my ideas about BC technology here (medibay section, this would go under heat ingame?). See quoted section below.

(RP)

12:05 hrs, 19th May, 3008

Meidbay

(Speaking to Cmdr Foss)

"Okay, I've moved around 8 people, and helped out 4 people with painkiller, antibiotic, and had 1 person that crashed and was near-death." I knew helping out here was a bad idea. "Alright. I need a break."

I realized a cut on my arm (from the gun wound), opened again. "Crap, my arm... Have the Medibay computer get me some low density painkiller, and get me the Low End Med-Laser."

quote:

Description of Med-Laser:

The Med-Laser was a device that would first scan your DNA and flash-create skin cells on demand for you, and close nearly all wounds on you, by streaming fresh skin cells and focusing a light-density laser onto the skin, speeding up the scab-to-skin process. Although it was a miraculous device, you would still have to use a higher density, and more complicated version for surgeries on viral organs, like the heart, lungs, or brain.

The Vulture's HD Med-Laser was damaged. Great. This made surgery a lot harder. Since I've been a little rusty with my medical experience, I wonder if any new technologies for this have been developed recently for surgery?

5 minutes later...

I got my arm healed, and went to my quarters. This was the worst F#*$*% day of my life.

Foss noticed me and said, "Where you going, Nova? You know we don't have enough Med Crew here."

I replied, "I need some sleep. Besides, I'm no COMmie. I ain't takin' orders from you."

{Mumble}"30+ hrs nonstop at work, no sleep. Heh. Hell, I better get paid overtime and hazard pay for this (getting shot by Gams, the extra Medibay work, more other damned bad luck)...."{/Mumble}

Foss didn't hear that last comment. Haha. cwm1.gif

(/RP)

Well, I'll let my character sleep until someone posts to around 16:00 hrs, or a major event happens (whichever comes first). I'll probably explain my guy's past, and where he comes from in the mean time (like in dreams, and flashbacks while sleeping). I'm typing it up, and will have it up around Friday. Sorry for the hectic (and short; in my opinion) intro to my character; all will be revealed. See ya, and I can't wait until Blades' next post!

------------------

-Independent Mercenary/Assasin for hire. Taking jobs from Escort, Assasination, Security, Rescue, and others. "Always want a challenge....."

[rp]

SS Vulture

Med-bay

Just as Nova left the med-bay, he brushed past an obvious med, but he had never seen her before on the ship. She was followed by three men, all wearing gowns, and carrying equipment. They were escorted by two mercs, who stopped at the doorway, not wanting to see the carnage reaped on their comrads.

She walked straight to the middle of the carnage, and took a second to absorb the situation. She looked to be in her early forties, and was accustomed to seeing this many wounded-being on a merc ship. She didn't even flinch at the sound of cracking ribs to one side as surgery began on a merc. "You," She points to one of the med's accompanying her. "Asist with the chest."

A quick nod, and the officer moves in to lend a hand with the surgery, easily picking up what the wound was, and joining in.

"You two, pick a body and get to work." As they move off, trying to figure out where to even start, she walks straight up to Foss, admiring his dedication to the patients as she took note of his own wounds.

"I'm Cathy, mind if I join in?" Smiling, she hands Foss a tool before he has even time to realize he needs it.

OOC:

what can I say? She's a red-head, and an Aeries. 'nuff said cwm1.gif

IC:

SS Vulture

Just outside engineering

The droid is almost to engineering, calmly pushing the laden cargo platform to it's destination.

UCV LEO

Bridge

Jo Shtann was not enjoying her day, and it showed. She was trying to seem relaxed as she sat in her chair, her right hand throbbing as it rested on the broken armrest. * My hand's probably broken, I'll have it looked at later.* She looked at the wood-and-steel armrest, and noted the crack that ran through the polished wood rest, one of the supports bent out from the chair.

"Any news from our gracious host?"

"Not yet, Jo"

"Dammit, what's going on?"

[/rp]

------------------

Kenneth Dominik Caine:

Captain

Interceptor wing leader

Independant mercenary.

[This message has been edited by Caine (edited 03-28-2001).]

Mikel; Which one was the android? It's not impossible one is aboard but that was quite a surprise.

Caine: Nitpick; I believe the tense of the verb dispel that you are looking for is dispels.

I also have a prob with your sig. Just noticed it. It should closely match Zeke Stone's sig. Mercs are independent therefore do not have ranks. Your title is then commander. Also being independent you can't lead anything so you can't be a wing leader.

Guest Mikel

Charles:

quote:

The Medical Officer stuck his finger in the corpses belly button, there was a click and then he pulled the chest open. The corpses insides did not contain blood and veins, but microchips and wires. Jet was an android of some sort, made by who knows who.

"My science officer was an android and I didn't even know," Zeke said, more to himself than anyone else.

It's from Act 2.

quote:

I also have a prob with your sig. Just noticed it. It should closely match Zeke Stone's sig. Mercs are independent therefore do not have ranks. Your title is then commander. Also being independent you can't lead anything so you can't be a wing leader.

What if he gave himself the title? After all, when he goes into combat, it's usually in his Interceptor, and when he is out there, he is commanding the other pilots under him on the Nightstar.

As to being captain, I thought that would be the only designation he could logically have. A commander is involved with an army, and/or a military organization, while a Captain is the commanding officer of a ship, and not much more. While the second in command is usually called the XO (Executive officer)

That is, unless we don't use a Navy ranking system, in which case, my bad smile.gif. It's mainly that in most cases, (Except ST), the Navy system is often used, as is the fleet often referred to as a navy.

If I'm wrong, I'm not going to suck vacuum over it, just let me know and I'll make whatever changes I need to.

[This message has been edited by Caine (edited 03-29-2001).]