New Orders

Guest Steve Link

Guest Steve Link

9:37 hrs April 22nd, 3008

GCV-Vigilant, Mars orbit, Sol

Stephen shook his head as he read the orders again.

Send: Commander Stephen Link GCV-Vigilant

Authorization Code: 7169A4500X

GCV-Vigilant is to proceed to Tau Ceti and patrol the region for a period of four standard months. Patrol routes and operations are left to your discretion. You will make your reports to Orion Command and you are hereby attached to them for the duration of this patrol. Good Luck Commander.

Commandant Eric Lefores, GALCOM Police Division

The Vesperons had been complaining for years about the relative lawlessness of the Tau Ceti system and While it was not under GALCOMÔÇÖs charter to patrol the system, the Vesperons nevertheless persisted in seeking the use of GALCOM assets. High Command had so far refused to commit fleet assets to the endeavor. But there were indications that they were getting tired of the VesperonÔÇÖs complaints, and so had decided to commit a token force. Apparently that token was to be GCV-Vigilant of the GALCOM Police

Division.

Since itÔÇÖs inception it seemed the GPD had always been fighting for recognition of itÔÇÖs independence from itÔÇÖs older and larger bretheren. In many circles the GPDÔÇÖs duties were seen as superfluous and redundant to that of the fleets. And it was no secret that within the eyes of the fleet the GPD was seen as an auxiliary to be tapped whenever needed. So it came as no surprise when the diplomats came looking for forces to back up their promises, that it was decided to be the province of the GPD.

Stephen tilted away from his terminal as he contemplated the matter. It was also of no surprise that they were to be placed under Orion Command. The fleets tended to be jealous of their territory, and though Stephen suspected that they were secretly glad to be rid of the customs inspections that made up the majority of the GPDs duties, the thought of independent armed combat vessels within their jurisdictions wasnt to be tolerated if they could help it. And in this case they could, simple politics really. Technically Tau Ceti was not within Orions field of influence, yet as the closest GALCOM bastion to which Vigilant would inevitably need to return to resuply Well, it was too common a provision to waste time futilely arguing the point.

Stephen reached for his mug of coffee that had since gone cold. With a resigned shrug he downed what was left and reached for the comm stud.

"Charlie, we have new orders. Gather the senior officers and meet me in operations at 10:00 Captain Out."

14:01 hrs April 27th, 3008

GCV-Vigilant, Centris orbit, Alpha Centauri

"Standard orbit achieved sir."

Stephen nodded as he looked upon the station in the viewer.

"Open a channel, signal Orion Command, and prepare to transmit our transfer orders." With a wry chuckle he added "Well boys looks like were back in the Navy again."

[/RP]

notes:

I based this off of info I found in the BC3K Apendix. I apologize if some of my assumtions are wrong or if RP storylines have since made this information obsolete.

The usage of GCV: I adopted this usage because it seemed aethetically a better fit than UCV for a GALCOM affiliated police organization. I would be more than happy to adopt the UCV moniker if this realy annoys anyone. My first inclination was to adopt a new designation GPV-(GALCOM Police Vessel), but I suspect that this might be an even greater nono wink.gif

later Steve Link

Steve;

Indeed creating a new designation would be a considerable no-no. Also a minor no-no (which I myself committed in the past) is referring to a Galactic Command Navy. The SC has stated that there is no such entity. I've always wondered instead if there was a Stellar/Space/Interstellar Navy, or other designation for the Fleet, since the Marines are a division of the Galactic Command Armed/Military Forces. I have avoided it though, since he has more important things to worry about developing BCM.

So, until further orders come down, I would suggest *not* using the Navy designation. Just a friendly warning. wink.gif

------------------

Commander Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/SIN Wing

Stealth is the only thing between you, and your enemy's guns.

I'm willing to enter the story, but just tell me what to do, since it's my second rpg post, and I'm not sure what to say and do. Just remember that i'm a part of the support wing of galcom's MOST ELITE biggrin.gif fleet.

------------------

Commander Epsilon 5

GCV - StalkerIV, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Deterrence Battle Group

www.orionfleet.com

'This Far, No Farther!'

22:01 hrs April 26th, 3008

Approaching Alfa Centauri

Captains quarters

"I hope we can pick up another contract soon, our last employers swindled us out of a fortune." Caine was laying in his bed, staring at the roof of his quarters.

"Oh, relax Caine." Jo Shtann put an arm over the human's chest. "You know I hate shop-talk while off duty. It razzles my fur." The vesperon snuggled closer to Caine, and buried her face in his neck. After a few minutes of silence, she mumbled into his ear. "I said relax. It's not like there are any GCV around here."

14:00 hrs April 27th, 3008

Alfa Centauri

Captains quarters

Caine lounged in his command chair, staring at the view-screen, smiling to himself. Caine was always amazed that two people from such different races can come to love eachother the way they did. The night before was as magical as the first night they spent together.

14:01 hours

"Sir" Huber, a new addition to the mercenary vessel, called Caines attention from behind him. "A ship has just attained orbit with Alfa Centauri. Should we switch to active and say hello?"

Caine looked to Jo for a second, then turned around and spoke to Huber. "Not yet. we don't want to scare away anyone just yet."

Jo Shtann turned to ops. "Take an orbit that will keep us at the opposite end from them untill we can get more data. Then if anything happens we can make a run for it."

[/rp]

------------------

Kenneth Dominik Caine:

Captain

Interceptor wing leader

Independant mercenary.

"Knowledge dispells fear, and you know nothing of me."

[This message has been edited by Caine (edited 03-14-2001).]

• 1 month later...

Jez this forum went quiet after I made my last post, I'm new to the RPG discussions so did I do something wrong!

I have deleted my post as it appeared to bring this thread to a complete halt when I posted, apologies please continue....

[ 05-11-2001: Message edited by: Emmett.hendrick ]