Into The Fire Act Four - Deliverence

Blades

My bad. Well, I'll update it. DELETED my post above. At first I didn't know if it was Blades or not.

Sorry for the mix-up.

Thanks Ben.

Update: Having Ben Somerset check some dialog between him and me in the galley. Will post soon.

[ 04-24-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mikel

[rp]

GCV McKendrick

Medibay

Nimitz's world was filled with faint pain and a steady *beep*. Opening his eyes to the bright, clean Medibay, he didn't know where he was. Rolling his head over to one side and then the other, he saw beds filled with injured. Men and women in medic uniforms were rushing from person to person.

Feeling a prick in his right arm, he looked and saw a needle sticking in it leading to a IV, and, for the first time, he saw the bandages wrapped around his torso. He felt very drowsy and thought what caused it I am drowsy and disorentated. I was sedated. Therefore, my injures were worse then I thought. Finally knowing some information, he slipped back into blessed unconciousness.

[rp]

As she sat down she knew he was going to ask it...And she knew she was going to lose it...."You want to talk about Savage?"

Akuma was midway to taking a drink of the Chivas Regal. She paused then slammed the damned thing back and brought the glass down with a contained rage...Enough to make patrons around them turn around for a brief moment to stare. "No I don't want to talk about him."

She glared at him. "What did you think I was some irrisponsible child willing to run home and cry to mommy? Well I'm not going to and you know why? Because my family was killed by terrorists! The only people that have really helped me along in my life are the Insurgents!" She brought her voice down. "Is the insurgents."

"You think it's easy to get tossed into a ship and told that you're in command? You think it's easy for me to comprehend what's going on Sir?"

She poured herself another glass of the alchohol and drank deep. "Quite honestly right now I'm tempted to defect." She looked up and caught a look of alarm in his eyes. "No, don't....I'm not going to...yet."

She stood up. "Is there somthing else you wanted me to talk about other than that worthless excuse for a man on the bridge because if you don't have anything more to say to me Sir..." She said the last word with malice. "I'm going to my quarters."

She took a deep drink of the bottle this time wiping her mouth with a delicate hand and flipping her violet hair with indignity. "And if you'll permit me to speak freely sir..." She didn't stop to let him give her his permission knowing that she'd gone on a tangent already. "You can tell that fleet commander of yours that if he want's to see me he can talk to me in my quarters because orders or no...I should still be in the psych ward and I'm not coming out till I'm good and ready."

She took the rest of the bottle of Chivas Regal and began to stride out. "And one more thing sir...If he has orders for me, tell him to do it in person. I'm not taking calls. I've just about had it up to here." She puts her hand to her forhead, takes another swig of the the alchohol and leaves the galley.

[/rp]

Ohh...You made me mad!

This is fun! Tee hee!

[RP]

19 May, 3008

GCV McKendrick

Galley

It wasn't the reply he expected.

Before she even said anything, she drank at least two inches of the Chivas in one gulp. Somerset wasn't too surprised at that, since he had acted similarly when he was young. Particularly when he found out they were giving him a Second Officer's post on the ECV Indefagitable. He and his friends had knocked back more than a few in that exact fashion that night.

He wasn't surprised when she turned to glare at him with "The Look", and say quietly, yet with ice in her voice "No, I don't want to talk about him."

"Not surprising. I didn't want to talk about my first divorce, so why should I expect her to want to talk about this?"

But before he could even try to answer, she opened up on him like the broadsides of an ancient 18th century British 74. "What did you think I was some irrisponsible child willing to run home and cry to mommy? Well I'm not going to and you know why? Because my family was killed by terrorists! The only people that have really helped me along in my life are the Insurgents!" She brought her voice down. "Is the insurgents."

"No, I certainly wouldn't figure that. Because in my day it was the Insurgents who were the terrorists! Who do you think jumped my ship while we were performing a nebula survey, and killed my Commander? Insurgents, that's who, you sniveling little brat! Yes, you are an irresponsible child who ran and cried at the first sign of trouble. My Commander was sitting on the deck with most of the starboard bulkhead through her back, and did I run and cry? NO! I did my duty, like I was taught in the Academy. I suppose that they don't teach the same thing to you children, do they?"

"You think it's easy to get tossed into a ship and told that you're in command? You think it's easy for me to comprehend what's going on Sir?"

"Of course it isn't, kid. Command is never easy. But they never taught you that, either, did they? Damn them for making that God-forsaken ACTP. ACTP "graduates" like you are going to get a whole bunch of good warriors killed!"

He watched as she poured another three inches worth, and gulped it too down. With her smaller stature, she should be well on her way to drunkenness now. Then she said something that both startled, and angered him.

"Quite honestly right now I'm tempted to defect. No, don't....I'm not going to...yet."

"Oh, yes, child? Do you know what the Articles of War say about that? Just talking about that could be considered treason, and they can shoot you for that. At least a court-martial, and a good number of years on Titan. But, I'll blame it on the booze. For now."

Before he could respond with any of his thoughts, she stood and said "Is there somthing else you wanted me to talk about other than that worthless excuse for a man on the bridge because if you don't have anything more to say to me Sir..." She said the last word with malice. "I'm going to my quarters."

"Only that the sir was quite insolent. And if I don't tolerate that kind of behaviour from my junior officers, I certainly won't tolerate it from you. Someone should have done a better job of teaching you sniveling little idiots about what the service is about. Duty, honor, loyalty, obligation. Hell, I doubt you even know what that is. Your actions certainly don't show it, that's for sure."

"And if you'll permit me to speak freely sir..." She didn't stop to let him give her his permission knowing that she'd gone on a tangent already. "You can tell that fleet commander of yours that if he want's to see me he can talk to me in my quarters because orders or no...I should still be in the psych ward and I'm not coming out till I'm good and ready."

"Permission? I might've given it, just to see how far you'd dig your grave. But at least you agree with my opinion of Savage. Even if you don't know he's not my Fleet Commander. It's a good thing too. Tac may be many things, but he isn't an incompetent bufoon, like most of Orion appears to be."

"And one more thing sir...If he has orders for me, tell him to do it in person. I'm not taking calls. I've just about had it up to here," she said and abruptly left.

With his bottle.

Out of everything, that made him the angriest. He deserved that bottle a hell of a lot more than she did. That snobby little child wasn't the one who had stood in a vac suit for hours fixing that busted up piece of garbage, damn near getting her ass scattered all over space just to save the lives of those onboard. She'd sat there and cried like a little child about how terrible everything was, and other drivel of that nature.

But right now, he needed a drink. Because that kid had stolen his. He walked quietly over to the bar, and told the droid in a voice that could melt hull armor, yet was as soft as a pillow "I know you've got some Emperian Ale down there. Every ship does. I want it, and I want it now. If I don't, the next thing you'll be seeing is a Maitenance Droid disassembling your sorry ass. Do you understand?"

"Perfectly, sir. Here is the bottle you requested," the droid said without complain, and without fuss.

Somerset walked back over to his table, and opened the bottle. He quickly kicked back the Chivas he had in his glass, and poured four inches of the Ale into it. Taking a deep drink, he wondered something.

"I'd like to see how she'd react to someone she loved getting torn to pieces. Because I know Angelique at least, deserved better."

He then drained the glass, and poured some more, intending only to get reasonably tight in the very near future.

[/RP]

Hey Ben, according to ICQ, your birthday is tomorrow. Happy birthday, Ben (if that information is correct, of course)!!!

(RP)

GCV McKendrick

Galley

After grabbing some steak from the nutripak food processors, Nova picked up a small bottle of vodka and looked for someone to talk to. He spotted Commander Somerset and Akuma, and wondered if he should join in.

Akuma and Ben were having some sort of conversation. He heard the name Blades.

Hmmm. Blades. The ignorant foolish bastard. I think its worth a nice talk with someone to see if I'm the only one who thinks about Blades this way.

Just as he was thinking that, Akuma stood up from her seat and started saying a whole bunch of stuff.

"...If he has orders for me, tell him to do it in person. I'm not taking calls. I've just about had it up to here."

Nova walked up to Somerset as he was ordering another Chivas Regal from the droid.

"Well I haven't seen a commanding officer do that, with all due respect, sir. Care if I join you? With permission to speak freely sir, of course."

"Go ahead." Ben had a hard complexion on his face. He was worried about something.

"I heard you talking about that sh$%y excuse for an Officer, Blades, and saw Akuma go ballistic. Speaking of which, what's been up with her lately?"

"Well, a while back, Akuma learned about her family and.............."

After he explained to Nova the story of Akuma's Uncle, Rattler, and how she came to be in command of a Galcom ship and how she nearly broke down earlier in the mission, Nova decided to change the subject, to something that would possibly determine the outcome of their lives.

"Oh, now I get it. Hmm, Uncle. That's gotta be harsh. You know, I was almost a Galcom officer; I prefer not to talk about the almost part."

Nova paused to take a sip of his half-empty Vodka bottle.

"So, um, what do you think Blades is gonna do with the mission?"

"You know, nobody seems to know what the hell the bugger's doing."

Of course, Ben had more to say about Blades, and wanted to tear him limb from limb, but he couldn't say it (reputation and all...). Nova could see it in his eyes when Ben spoke of him.

"Yeah. We lost a whole bunch of troops, and we haven't started the mission yet. And for what? A high ranking Insurgent? This is screwed up, man. Blades says the mission is still go. I just want to know if someone with your experience thinks its still an acceptable risk?"

I'm afraid of what'll happen when we get there. In like 1 day I just might be dead. What a thought. Blades better have some tricks up his sleeve to plan this out.

(/RP)

Well, Ben, carry on the conversation if you'd like, next few posts. Just hope Blades doesn't come and overhear us talking about him......

Indeed it is, Nova. Thanks for the Birthday wish. Unfortunately, your character has now made an error, and will be forced to live with it.

[RP]

19 May, 3008

GCV McKendrick

Galley

By the time boy had walked up to Somerset, he was well into a fair state of inebriation. He'd probably said a little more than he should have, but that was just the liquor talking. Mostly. He didn't know what the bugger Savage was doing, or why. As he finished off his third glass of Ale, and poured more in, he remembered something the boy had said.

And with his slightly fuzzy vision, he looked at the kid. He couldn't be any older than Akuma, and was most likely much younger. A young snot who probably didn't make a pimple on a good spacers ass.

Not that he would tell the boy that.

It was about then that he remembered what the boy had called Savage. "What was it exactly? Something about 'that sh$$y excuse of a officer'. I may not like the man, but I still can't stand for that. No way."

He quickly jumped to his feet and yelled in a manner that would make a Marine DI proud, "Atten-shun!"

The boy in a Pavlovian reflex snapped to attention, with the bottle flat against his right leg.

"Son, I may have given you permission to speak freely, but there are limits to that freedom. I will not hear someone referring to the Fleet Commander as a sh$$y excuse for an officer in my presence! He is your superior officer, and by extension, is far more experienced than you are. With that kind of talk, you'll never get to be as experienced as he is, because they'll lock your ass away on Titan."

"Insubordination is not the way to get on my good side. If the sauce does this kind of thing to you, get off of it! I'll bet that the Vulture was the first place you've seen combat. Well, if you thought that was bad, you're going to end up with yourself, and your ship full of so many holes it could be mistaken for swiss cheese."

"As for ballistic, you have no idea. Were this my ship, I'd put you up before Commander's Mast for what you've said. And I would more than happily dispense equally proper punishment. You should feel lucky that I don't call the Marines and have you placed under arrest right here!"

"Perhaps you should remember certain things they teach you at the Academy, like respecting those officers appointed above you. That way, the next time you get an idea to speak up like that, you'll think twice and not get your tounge lodged in your ass. He's still the Fleet Commander, and you will show him due respect! Is that understood?"

The boy looked down slowly and answered "Yes, sir."

"Good. In that case, you're dismissed. And I don't want to hear that kind of talk about the Fleet Commander from you again!"

The boy started to walk off, when he was stopped by Somerset one last time. "Son, I believe you forgot something when you were dismissed! You are to salute your superior officers when dismissed!"

The startled boy had a slight fright in his eyes as he popped back to attention, and snapped off a salute that might have done a parade ground proud. He wasn't sure because his vision was getting worse.

He snapped up a salute of his own, and lowered his hand. The boys hand lowered and he eased from attention. Somerset took notice that the entire galley was silent, some even staring openmouthed at what had transpired.

Commander Benjamin Somerset on the other hand, merely returned to his chair, and resumed his conspumtion of the Emperian Ale. He chuckled as an irreverant thought of himself popped into his head.

"Mr. Spit and Polish strikes again!"

[/RP]

Mr. Spit and Polish'll get you every time, won't he?

Guest Mikel

Jebus. Even after 12 hours of sleep, I'm still tired and disoriented (No, for real). Anyway,

[rp]

GCV-McKendrick

Medibay

Nimitz's eyes popped open and his hand flew out and grabbed a medic by his shirt as he was going to put his ear to Nimitz's chest. Take a moment to see what was happening, he let go of the medic's shirt and mumbled a apology. After the medic has finished his checkup, he held his PDA and started talking. Nimitz ignored all the unimportant things.

Medic: .....rib.....nearly punctured lung...would've killed.....rest for a week....lucky....

The medic looked up at Nimitz once again and put his PDA in his pocket.

Medic: Mr. Nimitz, you don't know how lucky you are to have gotten off this easy. I could tell you all the specifics, but it probably won't matter to you. You can get up and move around, but, at the first hint of chest pain, you come back here on the double!

Mumbling a "Yes, sir", Nimitz got up unsteadily to his feet, made sure he had all his gear still on him, and left the medibay as steady as he could be.

Ok, whats with all the Blades bashing? Havent I been good to you guys until now?

[RP]

22:10 hrs, 19th May, 3008

GCV-McKendrick

Bridge

Savage broke from his operations meeting with both Rattler and Gallion and stretched his weary arms about his head. She stepped away from the the cute couple and made his way over to the centre of the bridge where Neena Polovoski sat in her command chair.

She looked up at him as he approached, and made no effort to stand. "Going well?"

Savage shook his head. "Does it ever? Things are going from bad to worse all the time. We've gone over the original mission plans and tried to restructure it to accomodate our recent losses, but we cant agree on anything. Well, Gallion wont agree on anything."

"You probably shouldnt have asked for his opinion then."

Savage shrugged. "Perhaps not, but at least he has a point."

Neena frowned. "What point would that be?"

Savage crouched down beside her and spoke softly. "That we're outnumbered, outgunned, basically way in over our heads. Not to mention that even in a best case scenario, our losses are likely to be 50% our total number."

Neena leaned closer to him. "Theres still time to abort, you know. We're not commited yet."

Savage sighed. "Yes we are. I know it, Rattler knows it, hell, even Gallion reluctantly knows it. Problem is, the rest of the rabble dont. The biggest battle we're facing here is the doubt over the mission. The GalCom camp will follow my orders, well, most of them at any rate, and the Insurgent lot will do anything that Rattler tells them, but they still dont have any faith in the mission."

"It's not surprising really, considering the way they have been treated so far."

Savage looked hurt. "I havent misstreated them."

"Thats not what I mean. You've kept them in the dark, virtually stripped them of their identity, asked them to do things that are contrary to their training, even contrary to their morals. It's no wonder that most of them have lost faith in you."

"I didnt want it to be like this, you know. It's like this because it has to be. The last thing I want is to keep everyone in the dark about the mission specifics, but we cant risk a leak here. Why dont they understand that?"

Neena pondered for a moment. "It's not that they cant see that, it's the fact that you are showing such little faith in their loyalty. If you havent already noticed, you've got a bigger problem with our own people than the Insurgents. They expect more from you, not less."

Savage shook his head. "I cant be seen to be favoring our own people against the Insurgents. Or vice versa. It would be fatal."

"Thats not exactly what I mean. I know you cant play favorites, but you have to understand, our people have trained long and hard to get where they are. They deserve your respect, and deserve to know that they are important."

"They are important!" said Savage as he stood. "They know that!"

"No," said Neena, standing to face him. "they dont. As far as they are concerned, your dragging them into a situation where they are likely to get killed, and for what? An Insurgent commander thats responsible for a higher percentage of dead officers than any other? They dont want to fight this battle, Karl. They have no motivation for it."

Savage was begining to lose his temper now. "What more motivation could they possibly want? Renegades within Earthcom abducting the most dangerous man in the Insurgency so they can steal his secrets and spark a war that would doom us all? Isnt that motivation enough?"

"Maybe they dont believe it will come to that? Maybe they think that Rattler has preyed on your fears of an all out war to help liberate his no.2? Maybe they believe the rumors about you, your appointment as fleet commander, you ability as an officer in general. Hell, the last two days havent exactly given them much in the way of inspiration. Over half of your strike force wiped out by the Gamms, a full third of your own people injured on the way to the rendevous, dissention in the ranks, emotional outbursts. Need I go on?"

Savage held his tongue for a moment before responding. "I didnt want to do this like this, you know? I didnt have the luxuary of time to prepare. We're on a very tight schedule here, and are prone to incidents like this and mistakes. Im sorry if people have lost their faith in me, the mission - everything - but it's not because I doubt their abilities or dont respect them - it's because this needs to be done, for the sake of all our futures. I know I havent made any friends on this trip, and providing we get out of here by some miricle, Im expecting some payback from the survivors, and if it comes, i'll deal with it. But until that point, this is still my mission, and we have a job to do. Im not going to apologise for the things I've said and done."

Neena sighed. "I dont think you need to offer them an apology. But you do need to offer them somthing."

Savage thought for a moment. "You're right. That is, I think you're right. Maybe."

Neena smiled. "Dont do anything stupid though. I'd rather not have to wade in and drag your ass out of a brawl if I can help it."

Savage scowled at her. "You want to take a pop at me too?"

She shook her head. "No, I know the pressure you're under. I know how serious this is to you. It's just a pity the others dont is all."

Savage nodded. "Yeah well, I'll make it up to them, somehow."

"Good plan, boss. And if you'll take a another quick suggestion? You'll talk to that attractive junior commander of yours before she gets you both into some serious trouble."

Savage blinked. "Akuma?"

Neena nodded. "Yes. She's not exactly a fan of yours just now."

Savage was confused. "Ah, what do you mean?"

Neena explained. "Her an another commander, Ben Somerset I think, went for a drink in the galley. According to the galley droid's survelence sensors-"

Savage looked puzzled at her.

"Ah, our last flag waving stint we entertained a number of civillian officials. Some of them started getting rowdy with the droid, so we had a few security enhancements installed to monitor unweildly behaviour. Well, we kinda left them in place afterwards. The droids sensors kick in when certain logic conditions are met, and begin recording. I get an alert up here on the bridge whenever somthing untoward happens, and can observe."

Savage just nodded.

"Anyway, Commander Somerset began but getting a bottle of the good stuff to help Akuma calm herself down. From what I've seen, it looks like she's got a thing for you, Karl. Quite a big thing as it turns out. Anyway, she probably wasnt too impressed with your little display of affection in the cargo bay, so I think you should go and set her straight."

Savage swallowed hard. "Um, now's not really a good time. Ah, what else was said?"

Neena cringed. "Nothing you really want to know about, sir."

Savage gave Neena the look.

"Ok, most of my observations of the crews moral come from his conversation with Nova. They didnt really say a lot, well, Ben didnt really say a lot, but I could tell from his manerism he was thinking it."

Savage glared at her. "Said what?"

Neena sighed. "Well, the short of it is this. Ben doesnt have a very high opinion of you. However, Nova has an even lower opinion of you."

Savage interupted her at that point. "Show me the recording."

Neena obliged without argument.

A few minutes later, Savage finally concluded that everything Neena had previously told him was accurate. Just to be sure, he confered with Rattler and Reynolds, and got the same general response.

Painful to admit as it was, he was not well liked aboard ship. Sure, he had some of his friends here. People he had served with for a number of years. They at least would be loyal, and those that knew him well would admit he had his faults, but the general conscensous was that he was a good officer, and not shitty as Commander had described him.

He didnt like that. Not one bit.

Savage pondered.

"Reynolds, I got a job for you. I need you to find someone and get them on the bridge."

Pete Reynolds turned to face his commander and nodded. "Who do you need, sir?"

Savage frowned. "Get me Leiv."

[/RP]

Awww..Bladsies...You know I wuv you! But heh...I think she has a right to be mad atcha. And you handled the situation well..Very well...Acutally that's exactly what I thought you'd do. You're so cute!

[rp]

Akuma sat on the floor of her assigned quarters her legs crossed, eyes closed and hands resting loosely on her knees.

"Ah eh ee oh aa..." She repeated for the 20th time since she had entered her quarters, the remaining of the alchohol sat untouched on her desk.

Rash, I lost my head...I had every right though...Didn't I?

"Ah eh ee oh aa..." She breathed deeply and released letting her whole body relax like Foss had told her to.

Foss, damn, I never gave my actions much thought until he came into my life...Quite by surprise too! I didn't expect the Head MO to be my Commander too.

"Ah eh ee oh aa..." She envisioned the confrontation just two hours before the ship started to fall apart. Foss had confronted her and told her a very blunt, vivid, and moving story. It brought her to tears and earned her no sympathy.

But he was right. I need to start looking out for my people and take responsibility for my actions. I can just keep running...

"Ah eh ee oh aa..." The communicator in her room started beeping but she made no move to answer it. She breathed in again and out...In and out...

When I said I wasn't taking orders I ment it.

"Ah eh ee oh aa..." The communicator in her room beeped again then fell silent. Then the intercom in her room came on. Blades. "Akuma I need to see you...Now."

Akuma's eyes fluttered open. "I'm busy Karl. If you need to see me I'm in my quarters." She closed her eyes again ignoring everything else spoken.

"Ah eh ee oh aa..." She breathed in and out again relaxing her body further into reverie so that she could clear her mind of all the hurt.

I really need to get myself together...I love him yes, but what can I do? If he dosen't love me back isn't it a hopeless cause?

"Ah eh ee oh aa..." She involuntairly clenched for fists then relaxed them again...

What about the kiss? Didn't that mean anything?

"Ah eh ee oh aa..." With a last relaxed breath she opened her eyes and stared at the opposite wall facing her.

"What do I do?" She muttered outloud and looked down to see that she was again subconciouslly holding the insurgent one badge. "What now uncle?"

[/rp]

HAPPY B-DAY BEN! WE LOVE YOU! Mwah! (Huggles and kisses from me and my sistah!) Take care honey and don't eat too much cake!

On second thought....Eat till you're stomach explodes and drink and be merry! I won't be around to steal you're drinks this time! Yea!

Sorry Blades, nothing personal. I'm only 14 years old (I'd like to know if I am the youngest here; so far I am, to my knowledge). I was blowing off some steam, 'cuz some guy at school kept pissin' me off yesterday. I guess my mood gets in my writing. Oh and, remember those posts back in Act 3? Forget about my past and that stuff. I'm making revisions to my character.

(Background Music for Scene: Matchbox Twenty - Mad Season) If you've heard it, it really fits Nova's trouble here (lyric wise).

(RP)

Nova took off, looking for something to do. Work always got stress of his mind.

Well, strike 3 to my extremely bad day. Nearly getting killed by Gams, almost oversleeping while the ship was collapsing, and this. Whatever.

Nova was beginning to realize exactly what Somerset was talking about. He felt lost and hopeless for the first time, since that time..... No. He wouldn't let himself drift back to the past. He couldn't. It would just push him farther. He knew it was really his fault that most of that stuff happened. He was just using Blades as an excuse.

S#%@, I could just about jump out of an airlock now.

He could almost feel a part of his brain saying, "That can be arranged....."

Ben's probably right. I should stop messing around and have some respect. Maybe I drank more than I thought.... No, I'm doing it again. I've got to stop doing this blame thing.

Hell, a war's gonna break out if we don't succeed, and I'm here fighting a war with myself. Oh god, I forgot about the mission..... Man, this could have my ass of the mission team.

Nova quickly abouted face and headed to his guest quarters for some working.

---

Commander Savage,

If you do not know about the Galley incident, I was saying some rude comments about you in the Galley, after some drinks. I regret having caused a disturbance in the Galley. Furthermore, I completely retract all opinions and conversations. If you wish, I could be taken off of our impending mission crew, but I prefer to stay a part of the plan, as long as I get some rest soon. Once again, I am sorry for having said rude comments about my superior officer, and I strongly believe that I was completely wrong about my comments.

-(Mercenary) Commander Nova

---

Stress has really been getting the upper hand on me. Man, why did I have to accept the crew position on the Vulture, or at least take part of this mission? Our Commander said that it was top secret, and that it involved the future of humanity.

Nova reminded himself that he was in a Galcom controled vessel for the second time since the mission started. He took a deep breath.

Maybe I should stop drinking.....

(/RP)

Um, I wrote this in little segments during the day. Well, it won't fix my reputation, but I can't be stripped of rank (my ship doesn't embark on its shakedown cruise until June 3, RPG time).

At first I was worried about not being noticed in the RP, but now I'm worried about being enemy #1 on this ship. Sigh.

Guest Mikel

[rp]

GCv-McKendrick

Various

Nimitz managed to walk through the corridors without showing any effort at all I'm still tired from that seditive. I wonder where I'm going to be? There might be a bunk empty in the Marine quarters...and then there is the brig. Nimitz continued his walking, this time with a desination in mind.

[/rp]

Not claiming a place holder ( I don't like them) but I really need to post. Suffice to say after Chavik got back to his quarters and made it to the safe zone he got beamed to the McKendrick with every one else. Looking more like a marine from the weapons he had gotten than a fleet leader who dealt with inventory and invoices he got shuffled with the remaining mercs and whoever else looked rough and tumble into another holding area.

Out in space three lonely shuttles once more locked onto Chaviks comm signal and began pursuiing their target. (Poor old shuttles have had to pay hell to get where they are )

I figure with the McKendrick sitting still ( it wasn't posted otherwise so don't know) the shuttles will catch up. I'll expand later or proceed from here.

Charles

I wasnt taking it personally, Nova, so dont worry. The idea is say and do what you think you're character would do in any given situation. If you dont like Blades, thats fine. Not many people really do. Most people think he's a bumbling buffoon, and to an extent, thats correct. But not always. He has his moments. One of which is coming up ....

Onwards troops!

Chavik:

quote:

I figure with the McKendrick sitting still ( it wasn't posted otherwise so don't know) the shuttles will catch up. I'll expand later or proceed from here.

The McKendrick is going back on course to its normal patrol route. If you are left behind, let's hope that you were picked up by one of the tailing ships, lagging somewhere behind the McKendrick (Leo & Graf Spree; correct me if I'm wrong).

quote:

Neena nodded. “Contacts moving in on the wreckage. We’re returning to our normal patrol route now. Should be there in under an hour.”

“Good.” Said Savage. “I don’t like the idea of sitting under cloak for this length of time. I can feel my testicles retreating into my abdomen already.”

Good luck Chavik, and I hope everyone makes it into and out of the mission okay (when we get to that point).

Chav, Im going to assume that the shuttles still have a lock on the McKendrick, since they are homing in on you. Since they can move a lot faster than a carrier, there will be no trouble with them keeping pace. However, sooner or later someone is going to notice them, so it might be an idea to bring them into play pretty soon before events beyond your control (By that, I mean under mine ) remove them from the plot.

Anyway, I've got the BIG post comin up by this time tomoz, including the full briefing (Thats right, you finally get to know whats really going on) and the thread division - which will be explained after my post.

We're moving into the end zone now people.

A mini post for me and Nova get your spelling correct plz - Graf Spee

[rp]

19th May, 3008

GCV-McKendrick

"So Pirate take a look at your options. My original offer stands." The Man Behind The Mirrored Glasses said to Gallion. "Let me know when you have made a decision. This is the last time I will ever bring this topic up. Choose wisely, you're running out of options."

Gallion said nothing as the man known as Insurgent One departed the Cargo Bay of the McKendrick. Three times he had tempted the fates, and each time he barely survived his encounter with Rattler. To further stir the pot, this latest encounter was nowhere near complete. He looked at his mother hen and wondered why York had thrown his lot in with this bunch of motley fools. The fools being those misfits and malcontents that joined Blades on this mystery cruise.

Whether the old Corsair liked it or not, Rattler was right in one thing, he was running out of options and fast. Gallion just hoped that Blades had a decent plan. If not, then his fate was sealed. If so, then he had a snowball's chance in Hades. Not much, but something is better than nothing.

No need to cry over spilt milk, he thought as he motioned to York and they both meandered their way out of the Cargo Bay to find some place to bunk down. The two Corsairs departed the Cargo Bay without saying a word to any they passed along the way. Each was in their own little world. Gallion contemplated over the past, present, and future. York continued his mother hen task and scanned the area for any threats that may or may not appear. Each had their own paranoia and way(s) to deal with them.

19th May, 3008

GCV-Graf Spee

"Distortion field 100k dead ahead Sir!" LeFevre

"Nav - Maintain course and speed," was Rico's replay, "and adjust as required to maintain this distance."

To many snafus though none had resulted in a fubar - at least not yet. With the exception of the Vulture's demise, everything was still going according to the plan Gallion had outlined before beginning this escapade. The only variable that remained was the Leo. He still hadn't figured out how to deal with this wild radical.

Expect the unexpected, and never underestimate the power of Murphy.

Of all the things that Gallion had hammered into his poor gray-matter, this axiom always stayed fresh in his synapse processes.

Much ado about nothing or what to do about the fool?

Rico had no answer, so decided to take a wait and see attitude.

Wait for something to happen, he thought, or see what more Murphy has in store for ye and yours?

[/rp]

TTFN

[ 04-26-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

[RP]

19th May, 3008

GCV-McKendrick

Engineering

Jet was trying to hack into this ships main computer, but she was being a lot more stubborn than the Vulture. Galcom had obviously improved on their computers since Susceptor was last refited. He had tried every method he could think of, for hacking into Galcom computers but still came up with nothing. The Dark skinned android was now resorting to making up new methods from scratch and basically using the 'trial and error' method.

"Wayne! I thought I told you to get down to the Nuclear Reactor and run some tests on the Cooling System," Jet was startled to discover that this message was directed to him.

"Yes, I started down there but then I realized that I needed to run some preleminary tests from here first," Jet responded quickly, altering his voice pattern to match that of the engineering he had knocked out.

"Since when?" the voice behind him interrogated.

"Oh, you don't. I always thought you did, no wonder it always takes me longer than everyone else," he was stalling for time while he tried to finish up this new method he thought would work.

Jet's internal sensors lit up as he detected the engineering starting to move his way, "I don't remember you ever..."

"I'll get right on that boss, sorry for the confusion," Jet cut him off quickly and shuffled out the door without even turning toward the man.

Looks like he would have to do some grunt work before he tested out this new method.

[/RP]

[ 04-26-2001: Message edited by: Commander Zeke Stone ]

Guest Mikel

[rp]

GCV-McKendrick

Various

Nimitz had managed to find a empty berth to sleep in with his fellow marines. After getting settled in, he headed to the lounge to see what he could learn from the marines...

[/rp]

[RP]

19 May, 3008

GCV McKendrick

Guest Quarters Cabin 12

After the galley had become a little too occupied for his taste, a slightly drunk Benjamin Somerset went to the QM Droid in CB1 to get himself quarters assigned, and his uniform cleaned. It meant he finally got the suit off, but that he also had to take a utility uniform until his real uniform was ready.

He hated utility uniform. It was for duties that a duty uniform might not be able to handle. Issue uniforms, anyway. Somerset had his uniforms tailor made, and of a little more tough material than issue. They stood up longer, looked better, and could take a lot more abuse.

But in his drunked state, it was only a minor annoyance. With the same bottle of Ale and glass that he had requesitioned from the galley, he poured up another glass. He reached over to the table mounted terminal, and accessed a piece of music he was fond of.

It wasn't his fault he enjoyed ancient 20th century music. Angelique had introduced it to him during his 2 years as her XO. She'd loved absolutely everything about the 20th century. Over the years, she'd even acquired a few geniune articles from that long forgotten era. Something they called a "poster" of a long forgotten "movie" titled "Monty Python and the Holy Grail".

She is also the one who introduced him to this particular musical artist. A "legend in his own time", she had said. At one time, she had told him, there had been a statue of him in New York City. She called him "Old Blue Eyes", but Benjamin called him Frank Sinatra. For some inexplicable reason, at least to him, he loved this kind of music.

So, he sat and listened, the music and alcohol opening up roads of thought that Somerset didn't, couldn't, go down.

"Close to you - I will always stay

Close to you - though you're far away

You'll always be near - as though you were here

By my side

No matter where - in my dreams, I'll find you there

Close to me - sharing your caress

Can't you see - you're my happiness

Where ever you go - my heart will go too

What can I do

It only wants to be - close to you"

He thought about his wife, and wondered if he would see her again. The way things had been going the last few months, he didn't know if he'd be alive much longer.

He should have retired when he had the chance.

These kids and all of their new, fancy ideas made him feel like little more than a crotchity old man who didn't belong out here anymore. Where he belonged was with his wife. The one person he knew understood and cared for him. All of the children, Savage included, could probably care less. To him, at this moment, even Savage seemed like a child. This young, brash, irresponsible, blasted idiotic child. A child who had the authority to get a lot of people killed.

People like Benjamin Somerset.

"Why didn't I just tell them I couldn't hack it anymore? Then they'd have to relieve me. I'd be able to stay home, with Jessica. That's where I want to be. Not out here fighting another damned war. I've already done that once, and once is enough."

"What you really need to do is stop sobbing for yourself. They sent you back out again because they know you have the experience to keep a lot of people safe, who otherwise might die with a fresh from the ACTP Commander. You've got a duty to your crew to keep them in one piece. Not run out on them, just because you want to be with your wife."

"But who says that wanting to be with her is wrong? I almost lost her to the service once, and may have gotten her back just because of what happened in Rinaal. I'll take it any way I can get it, though. I just hope that Savage has it together enough to keep us all from dying."

"I doubt it, though. They shouldn't have ever given him Orion in the first place. He's too young, too junior, and wasn't ready for what they tossed on him. There had to be at least 50 Commanders ahead of him on the promotion list they should have given the Fleet Commander's post to. And yes, that includes you too."

"Admit it, you're surprised that he made it this long without seriously screwing something up. Was it good fortune, luck, or genuine ability? Luck. It has to be. Savage wasn't, still isn't really, ready for a Fleet Commander's position. Who in their right mind put him in this kind of position? What kind of Fleet Command garbage is this?"

"Ah, but remember Benjamin, 'Tis not yours to wonder why, 'tis only yours to do and die'."

"Knowing Savage, that's exactly what's going to happen, too"

With that thought, Benjamin Somerset fell into an alcohol induced sleep.

[/RP]

No, Blades, he really doesn't hold a high opinion of you at the moment. Whether because of Akuma, or recent events, only the booze knows.

Nova; I did get transported to the McKendrick along with the others. Just the shuttles are having a bit of trouble keeping a lock on me with all the recent trouble. They are the ones lagging behind.

Blades; just bringing along a few presents for you. I thought we discussed via ICQ a good while back that the McKEndrick would discover the presence of the shuttles. But I can do that. Or help or something. Will post tomorrow. Got an invite to dinner tonight. Never pass up a free meal.

Akuma; next time don't tie the knots so tight.

Just catching up....

[rp]

The sudden change from pod to cargo bay at gun point takes a few seconds to register in Wold's thought process.

Wold's short term memory had holes in it, but it was only a few hours that ran between the first briefing of the mission and when Donaldson had flushed some of those drugs from his system. The last series of events where extremly clear in his mind mind.

Blinking he looks around the cargo bay and has his sees Savage, his temper begins to flare again as thoughts take a different channel. NO thank you, no gratitude, nothing from Savage for yanking his tail out of the fire while risking my own life--for the enemy no less. Nope, just critisism. Mel had preped the pod and had done her best w/ only seconds to work with. WHY did I yank Savage's arse out of that collapsing bridge?

So engrosed in his thoughts and thinking he should have throttled Savage when he had the chance, he missed the bemused expression on Savage's face.

A sharp jab in his lower back causes Wold to turn and upon doing so sees his faithful shadow standing there.

"Look, I don't mind keeping you from innocent shipmates, but I'll be danged if I'm going to play pack mule for you." With that Mel drops a duffle bag at Wold's feet. "I'll find a room." And with that, she heads off.

Knowing he needs to fill in mental gaps, Wold takes a few seconds to scan the room and takes a brief mental of those present.[/rp]