Into The Fire Act Four - Deliverence

Blades

I think I was done

[RP]

"I will need a spare comm unit. It could be from a shuttle. Interceptors or ATV comm units won't do though. I will also need a auxillary hookup, and I will need a probe to be launched. It can be on the hull of the ship under the cloak but I will need that in case if they track the signal to the probe. In that case we can detach it and let them shoot it. I will also need some of your store of Americonium,(sorry about the spelling) To rig this up. I can set the console up in here but it needs to be in a direct link from the probe, so I will execute the hook-up from your probe launch bay." Maddox quickly said. He had a lot of things going through his mind, like

Would it be easier if I joined them? Will i ever live hrough this? What did I et for breakfast? Where did they put that handgun of mine? Where is this ship we are looking for? Have they defected? Are they dead? Are we going on a wild goose chase? and so on..... Maddox went over to the turbolift as the chief engineer stepped off the lift and fired a gun at Maddox.

[/RP]

Things were getting a little boring. You can take it from here....

[ 07-15-2001: Message edited by: BCFreak13 ]

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it won't be that I'm afraid. If it's exitement you want... here you go

[rp]

UCV 'LEO'

Bridge

Just as the door to Jo's ready-room opened, the ship bucked under Maddox, sending him stumbling into the bridge. Klaxxons immediately began sounding, and it seemed the entire ship came alive. It was hardly a second before Jo was standing over the commander.

"What the hell was that?" Jo gave her guest commander a dirty, blaming look.

"It was a probe, we collided with it. We don't know how the sensors missed it though, maybe it was cloaked. Although why there would be an arthemis net here is beyond me." (Arthemis net... a grid of probes forming a sensor wall. When it is disturbed, the fun begins as an alarm is raised.)

"Are there any other ships nearby?" The question was answered for Huber as a hail came over the comm. Bringing it up, Huber turned white.

"Uhh... yes? And they want to know who we are, and what we're doing here. It seems they haven't checked to see if we're wanted yet but..." A second shudder went through the ship. "Check that, they just did!"

Jo went to her seat, the duty officer clearing out in a hurry.

"Well, let's say hi then. Drop the cloak, bring up shields, and charge the PTA."

When the Nightstar carrier returned to active mode, more detail about their assailant became available. It was a patroll ship that looked unfamiliar to Jo, probably just used for local defence. (Can someone give me a ship-type that would work? I have no clue what's available.)

"Uh, they're ordering us to drop shields and surrender Jo."

Another shudder, a little stronger than the last, emphasized the point as a volley of PTA sped past the ship in warning.

"Like hell we are, I'm too busy to be wrapped in red tape at the moment. Tell them to back off, and that our business has nothing to do with them. If they let us be on our way, this won't get ugly."

Huber sent the message, which was responded to by a voice-only.

"You leave no choice LEO, you are to be arrested or taken down. You have an active warrant for defection, damage to Galcom property with intent, attempted mainframe infiltration, and are suspected of the destruction of an LRT-15 transport. Lower shields, and prepare for boarding."

[/rp]

This should spice things up eh?

[ 07-15-2001: Message edited by: Caine ]

[RP]

20th May, 3008

GCV-McKendrick

Engineering

Zeke stepped into engineering and looked around, unsure of what exactly he was looking for. One of the engineers in their took notice of him and began an approach.

"Can I help you?" the engineer asked.

"Don't mind me, I'm just patrolling the ship."

"Why would they send a merc to search if there are plenty of marines?" the man pressed.

"I'm better than their marines, besides they needed more patrolling with all the extra people and the chance of more intruders," Zeke responded as he looked around for anything unusual. He spotted it, at one terminal there was a screen up on that was hardly ever used.

Jet must have been in a hurry and brought up a couple of cover screens without really paying attention to what it was.

"Allright, but don't touc..." the man started to saying before he was interrupted by a small explosion behind him. An engineer came out from under the terminal that had exlpoding coughing, he had some small electrical burns.

"What did you do!?" the engineer that had been talking to Zeke yelled.

Zeke used this opportunity to quickly check for Jet's program. Going past a few other cover programs Zeke found the one he was looking for, it was definately Jet's work but it was encrypted. Recovering the program with some more suitable ones Zeke decided it was time to retrieve Mr. Thompson.

20th May, 3008

Shuttle from UCV-Susceptor

Jake was getting nervous, he had been under cloak for a while without any warning from the computer. He didn't even know if this computer was configured to the new cloaking device.

He hadn't heard from either Zeke or Jet in a while and noticed a couple slight disruptions in the transporter lock in had on Jet. This could have been due to weapons fire or other high concentrations of energy.

Without a Jet being in the transporter room he would have to decloak to transport him, which was out of the question. He needed backup and he needed it soon.

Jake sent a very brief transmission to the UCV-Susceptor, it simply said, "Report!"

He didn't want to make it too long as the McKendrick would most likely detect it, even though he was keeping his distance. At least if it was brief they may think it was a glitch in their system.

[/RP]

Boy This just keeps getting better and better

[RP]

Maddox quickly dropped the assailant with a swiftkick to the head. He then ran over to the com station.

"May I?"He asked Jo. He didn't wait for a response, though.

"This is the UVC-LEO. I am Comander Maddox, of the HarkRader, I have two things to say to you. First, Good job. We are here to do an inspection of GalCom defenses, per order of Galcom officials. Number two, you will stop firing on this vessel, or I will report you to GalCom, understood?"

"Yes, Sir. I apologize. Is their anything we can help you with?"

"Yes, you can send us a com station, ours is damaged and is held together with Duck Tape and a Prayer."

"I will send it over VIA transporter."

"Thank-you GVC-Unity. Your generosity will be noted." Maddox cut the transmission.

"Now Jo, if you would please, I need you to get a security detail to locate the tracking device on that comm station. All 3 of them. Then have them put it on our cloaked probe and fire it at Pluto. We will go to Jupiter and try to find your friend."

[RP]

I think I fixed that, I hope. GalCom can be soooo buggy sometimes.

well, I was hoping for a quick fight... but oh well.

BTW: duct tape and a prayer... I like that

[rp]

UCV 'LEO'

Bridge

The situation seemed diffused a little too easily for Jo, has Galcom really let it's guard slip that far since the war? Nevertheless, she wasan't about to take this opportunity lightly. She allowed Maddox to facilitate getting the comm on board, and the engineers easily found the three trackers. One was obviously a decoy, it was pretty much just stuck to the housing with a magnet. The second was hidden among some scrambling hardware, and the third was a chip that looked almost exactly like a normal part of the unit. It took a scanner to find the third... with some help from Maddox as well. Once they were retrieved, they were safely deactivated and put into storage. (No sense wasting 'em)

"You have four engineers at your disposal, Maddox, I'll leave it up to you to handle the particulars. Meanwhile we're running sans cloak for the next while, and We'll have to hope that your story holds up long enough for us to repair the damaged emitters."

[/rp]

You can handle the comms department, I'll run the ship. Hopefully our good ol' GM will be nice to us, though I left it open in case not

Okay I guess I will trust your engineers. But if I get killed.....Nevermind.

[RP]

Moddox quickly had the engineers put the comm station in. Then he had security and the engineers do a deep scan to ensure all tracking buigs were out. Sure enough there was still one functioning. Maddox put the tracker on a probe, ready to launch. As soon as the cloak was up and running, they would launch the bugged probe, and the GalCom ships would follow that, not knowing it was a probe until we find that ship and are out of here.

Maddox in the mean time went to look for his droid, Smith. Smith was recharging in Maddox's quarters so Maddox decided to take a little nap.

[R/P]

Wake me up when we are ready to go. ZZzzzZZZzzzzZZZzzzzZZZzzzZZZZzzz

I have no idea whats going on here, since I havent had a chance to look at this thread in a long time now. Apologies. However, I shall do some reading this evening and try and sort out in my head what is going on. Once done, I shall post and try and get us back onto the main plot.

I totally agree, but there really isn't anywhere for Nova to go, so I'll stay put until the plot advances. If it doesn't, I just might go get drunk and have one of those Blades-bashing galley talks with someone again..... lol

Hey, good to see you Akira. Hey, wanna shed some inside story of your captivity? That would be so cool, since we haven't really heard from your side of the plot.

(RP)Time is running out, as the McKendrick races towards the location where Akira is being held, as you should all recall. And the (brilliant?) plot that Blades is cooking up will soon be revealed.........(/RP) (I looove suspense!)

Well, I'll wait for Blades or someone to post, and I'll have a reply soon (hopefully sometime tomorrow). G'nite folks....

[ 07-21-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

Guest Mikel

Ack...I'm going to be gone, effectivly until next Sunday, so you guys need to take over my character for me (If you make me do something stupid...I don't know )

Moving right along.

Ok ladies, time to do the briefing. In the next few minutes I will start a new thread detailing the operation. From there, you can gather your thoughts, ask questions, do what you like so long as it is in line with the post.

Chav, I need you to specify who is going to be in your team. Just post who they are in the new thread.

Everyone else, if you are not picked by Chavik, you are in team one OR remaining on the McKendrick. 24 hours after I make this next big post, I will create two new threads, one detailing the exploits of team one, the other detailing the exploits of team two. When both teams are in the same location at the same time, they will use the same thread. Understood? Good.

Time to wrap this baby up. Go to it people.