The Independent Way -=notes and other stuff=-

Guest Shingen

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I explained that a while back. My character is a former Galcom Officer and when he and the majority of his crew decided Galcom was not for them they just didn't bother to give Galcom their ship back.

Anyway, that's a different story

P.S. I have been rehearsing for a play that my school is putting on, this is why I have not been posting as much. I will try to put up something tonight though.

Sorry guys to break the atmosphere here, but I dun have the faintest I dea what is gooing on in here, I read the RP threads and do not know what is going on, how does one get to command a ship in these RP threads??

Choose your caste and ship. Only military, earthcom and insurgents get carriers. To be in one of those castes, you must register and be approved in. If you want to start as a rp'er but not a fleeter, start as a merc or any non-fleet caste, armed or not.

For rp'ing, just say anything that has sense and that doesn't change too much the storyline. Try to fit in, but stay original.

Guest Shingen

I'm gonna spice things up a bit...

Hey, does anyone know how free we are to script the Gammulans? There hasn't been a whole lot written in the threads about their culture and military protocols. In order to make this story work, I'm going to have to bring the Gams into the story-line and I wanted to know how free I was to improvise the Gammulan social/military structure.

I will try to join in if I see some point where I may fit in.

Oh, and whoever said that (falx?) I haven't heard of ter/sci fighters...

I have an idea of how to fit in. Just have to wait until the fight is over.

Guest Shingen

quote:

I will try to join in if I see some point where I may fit in.

Oh, and whoever said that (falx?) I haven't heard of ter/sci fighters...

I have an idea of how to fit in. Just have to wait until the fight is over.

Sorry, I've been too busy to write anything for the RP lately, I'll get on it today..

I've never seen a scientist caste fighter either..

MuHuJa, give us an idea where you are going to enter the story...

Epsilon, what was the placeholder for? were you going to post something else? I was kinda waiting to see what you were gonna do...

[ 05-16-2001: Message edited by: Shingen ]

quote:

Yeah I explained that a while back. My character is a former Galcom Officer and when he and the majority of his crew decided Galcom was not for them they just didn't bother to give Galcom their ship back.

Anyway, that's a different story.

I think that would make you a traitor, Zeke. Doesn't a traitor get the death sentence if caught (depends on where you live)?

......And don't tell me any bull that you're too fast and they'd have to catch you first . Just don't get cocky. Watch yourself; us indies are becoming a target to some Galcom and Insurgent peeps.

I'll be floating around. My RL is getting really busy, so I won't be RPing as much until around June/July.

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

MuHuJa, give us an idea where you are going to enter the story...

Try to get my name right. It contains two 'a's - and it's a short for my full name, in case you're wondering where I got the name from.

Coming from a congress (or whatever, the equal of E3 for games) of scientists within the area that you people are heading into. Right before going through a jumpgate a couple gates before meeting you, I detect heavy cloak discharges (those emd-like display spikes) - I tell you of it, making you reconsider your travel route. It being a bit longer, and perhaps giving you other challenges?

Perhaps I will be invited to peek ahead of the group from there?

That I leave in your hands, Shingen.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

I think that would make you a traitor, Zeke. Doesn't a traitor get the death sentence if caught (depends on where you live)?

......And don't tell me any bull that you're too fast and they'd have to catch you first . Just don't get cocky. Watch yourself; us indies are becoming a target to some Galcom and Insurgent peeps.

Blackmailing? Having some critical info ready to reveal to the ins's unless they publicly gave him the ship?

However they wanted to cover the fact up? Whatever the results, other gals might not be so friendly, depending on what that "excuse" might be.

Oh, and the danger of the info revealed is expired but the gift has not...

quote:

I'll be floating around. My RL is getting really busy, so I won't be RPing as much until around June/July.

Too bad, considering you're the centerpiece of the story. It would perhaps even be worth it to put it on pause, but at least we should make it slow...

Guest Shingen

quote:

Try to get my name right. It contains two 'a's - and it's a short for my full name, in case you're wondering where I got the name from.

Kinda sensitive ain't ya? It was a typo.. sorry about that...

quote:

Perhaps I will be invited to peek ahead of the group from there?

That I leave in your hands, Shingen.

Feel free to jump in any time, just make sure you've read the entire thread, so you get an idea how to integrate your character into the story.

I can't see my character hiring a scientist to do recon though.. If you can work it into the story, and make it plausable, go for it...

quote:

In jupiter, you have a EarthCom station.

Yeah, but EarthCom isn't attacking us, Valkerie military is. Why would GalCom have to fire on EarthCom? If anything, EarthCom would be helping us...

[ 05-16-2001: Message edited by: Shingen ]

Well it doesnt really matter, but I thought it would be good to know "who" your gona assassinate, other then "Admiral" we dont have to go back and add this but we can just say we already knew? you can just make something up but really it doesn't matter, but I thought it have added personality to the admiral...

my $0.25........

Guest Shingen

Well it was my orginal idea to bring the Gam admiral into the story-line, but I haven't got it worked out yet. That's why I brought up thing about the Gam's military/social structure.

Why? You want to RP the admiral?

Now that I would like to see. It would be nice to have someone RP from the Gammulan perspective in the story so we'll know first hand how this story will progress. Your right about this weird mission Shingen, but it keeps getting more interesting!

Shingen, since your to involve the Gammulan's as a major character in the story, when we do come face to face with them, I could probably act as some sort of emissary or a decoy since my character is obviously Gammulan and can talk to them without provoking hostile intent while you come up with some plan to assasinate the Admiral. Keep me posted on this matter.

LOL, interesting indeed. I would like to play the Gammulan Admiral but its just to big for me to play him becasue, I havent really RPed before so I wouldn't want to mess up the story thread.

But i will be joining shortly with you guys in the thread as someone who also has to assassinate the admiral, unless that could confuse the story line?

[ 05-17-2001: Message edited by: Herro YuY ]

Well, I've reserved a position which I intend to fill in my first entry. Cannot think of a better spot to shift the scene a bit. However, do you guys have any ideas for how I'm supposed to continue in this story? I was obviously heading back from those areas you are heading to, why would I suddenly change that?

Perhaps I docked at some station to find that a request had been sent for me in that area. Always needing money, us indies, I headed in that very direction. Though with gam(/mil) sentiment vs. terrans, I don't think it was exactly there I was heading.

I don't know how to tie that up to the story the way it seems to be going.

I'd like to hear any ideas you might have.