The Independent Way -=notes and other stuff=-

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Herro YuY:

I would like to play the Gammulan Admiral

Well, you certainly have a name for it

Seriously, if you want to play him, I'd say you are free to. I haven't really posted anything worthwhile yet, but I plan to. Just look at how it's done, and try to do the same. (Just don't think I said "Just copy and paste")

Two assasins independently trying to kill the same man, uh alien, can be interesting too. Just like on the soaps on tv.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shingen

OK, now that we're getting some interest in this RP, I'm going to address some things.

Just bare with me..

quote:

posted by Outlaw

Now that I would like to see. It would be nice to have someone RP from the Gammulan perspective in the story so we'll know first hand how this story will progress.

My original idea when I first conceived this RP was to bring the different races out so we could give them some depth. Specifically the Gammulans. All the fleet RP's merely mention the Gam's in a generic sort of way, and I wanted to give them a personality.

Since I haven't gotten too many ideas from the Alien social/military structure thread, I'm going to assume that we have to make it up as we go along.

I think that the Gammulans really need an RP presence of thier own, since they are usually the ones who are protrayed as the bad guys.

quote:

Your right about this weird mission Shingen, but it keeps getting more interesting!

I really am pleased how the thread is working out... I wonder how many of the veteren RP'ers are following it..

You guys are all doing a great job!

quote:

Shingen, since your to involve the Gammulan's as a major character in the story, when we do come face to face with them, I could probably act as some sort of emissary or a decoy since my character is obviously Gammulan and can talk to them without provoking hostile intent while you come up with some plan to assasinate the Admiral.

I'm going to reserve that till Part two which will begin as soon as we enter Trenis. I think I will have to RP the Gammulan admiral myself with a different signature, because I really know where I want my character and the Gam admiral to interact. I'm not opposed to someone else RPing the admiral, but they would really be confined to they could write it, or it would screw the whole story up.

If you wanted to work into the story-line with your Gammulan character, we can hash out ideas through ICQ or e-mail so as not to give too much of the story away here...

The story seems to be working better by the fact that no one really knows what's going on, but has to 'create on the fly'.

quote:

posted by
MaHuJa
:

However, do you guys have any ideas for how I'm supposed to continue in this story?

I have no clue.. I don't have any idea what would motivate your character, where he came from, who he is, or what he would do...

..my best guess is to try to work yourself into the thread as best you can.. we're all pretty good at improve..

Any chance I could join in around here, at some point? I haven't RP'ed before, so if you wouldn't want me to, 'tis fine with me. =)

(At least, haven't RP'ed here... I did some Star Trek IRC simming a ways back. But that's realtime, which is a bit different, though it has similar rules.)

(Also, still waiting for my Fleets registration to go through... oh well, I'll just sig what I wanted. =)

[edit] I might add, I'm not sure which ship I want yet, but I won't join in until I know. ;-)

[ 05-17-2001: Message edited by: Spuzzum ]

Ok, i'll be the Admiral if you want.

Just a few things first...

what the initals fot the fleet(aka, GCV, ICV UCV etc..)

and I have a Stormcarrier right?

Thats all

Guest Shingen

quote:

Ok, i'll be the Admiral if you want.

ummm... like I said, I don't think this is a good idea unless you have a very good idea of who the Gammulans are, and how they relate to my character.

I really think you should read all pertintent information regarding the Gammulans throughout the entire RP history.

also read the alien social/military structure thread.

Ok shure np... So all your yor saying is you want me to read up on the species before I become the admiral or are you saying that you don't want me to be the admiral?

Guest Shingen

quote:

Ok shure np... So all your yor saying is you want me to read up on the species before I become the admiral or are you saying that you don't want me to be the admiral?

No, I'm just saying that we have to be careful what we introduce into the RP history, because it effects everyone else, and when it come down to it, the SC has final say on everything.

Also, how the Gammulan Admiral is written effects the entire story-line and every character, so you'd basically have to commit to RPing on a regular basis when Part Two starts, cause everything will revolve around the Gammulan Admiral.

Ok... I would like to be the admiral. But maybe writing on a everyday bases might be a bit hard for me to do but i'll try.... and since this is your thread, you know what you want to do and if you want to take the Admirals position then thats ok, If you want someone other then me to take his position, thats ok too..

P.S.Could you tell me where I could get some information about the socity structure of gammulans?

[ 05-17-2001: Message edited by: Herro YuY ]

Guest Shingen

quote:

Ok... I would like to be the admiral. But maybe writing on a everyday bases might be a bit hard for me to do but i'll try.... and since this is your thread, you know what you want to do and if you want to take the Admirals position then thats ok, If you want someone other then me to take his position, thats ok too..

P.S.Could you tell me where I could get some information about the socity structure of gammulans?

I'm not saying you can't RP the Admiral. in fact, I doubt I'll have time to do both my character and the another one. I'm just saying that the part is central to the over-all story-line, so I'll involve a fair amount of time and research to pull off.

Also you'd have to write in a way that gives a personality to the character.

..and this isn't my thread, this is our thread.

As far as Gam social structures, I haven't found anything qwritten in the RP's, so we will probably have to make it up as we go along...

Just had to commment.

quote:

The story seems to be working better by the fact that no one really knows what's going on, but has to 'create on the fly'.

This is the way the first RP threads on this forum started. Go with it. It works great.

"Moderated" stories such as the ones Blades runs also have merits.

So long as the story is good I like it.

quote:

Originally posted by Commander Zeke Stone:

Feel free to join in Spuzzum, just try not to mess up the main plot too much. I am pretty sure this is still open for all. There can be little subplots on the way but the conclusion will be the same.

I'm not stupid.

Actually, once the Registration goes through and I pick a ship, I have a nice little sideplot typed up that coincides with your own. Don't worry, I won't get involved too much besides that.

(I think I'll go for a Solnar, Garid, or Spacestar... not sure which, though.)

quote:

I'm not saying you can't RP the Admiral. in fact, I doubt I'll have time to do both my character and the another one.

Hmmmm... well do you want me to take the part? its up to you thats all, if you think you have someone better to play the part, thats good to. But i'm just trying to say that im free to take the part tho....

and if I don't get the part, oh well, i'll just incorperate myself into the existing plot....

[ 05-18-2001: Message edited by: Herro YuY ]

Guest Shingen

Well, I'm not holding auditions for the part of the Gam Admiral. I'm just saying that if you aren't really that used to RP'ing in the BC3K environment then taking on the Gammulans might not be a good idea, since everything has to basically be created, without getting thrown out the airlock by the SC or one of the CAT team.

If you think you can pull it off, then go for it, but like I said eariler, the Gam Admiral really won't make much difference till Part Two anyway...

quote:

Posted by Charles Lindsey

So long as the story is good I like it.

So do you RP veteren like our little story?

[ 05-18-2001: Message edited by: Shingen ]

Ok...

Just a few things i'd like to clear up though...

1.where is the admiral stationed? Cyron? or is that were shingen is gona intercept the shuttle?

2. Are the Valkerie and Gammulans allies?

thats all I wanted to know... Thanks

1. The admiral departs from Gamma-1, load his marines from the shuttle Shingen will board as combat officer at Cyron-IV. He will also wait for all vessels to arrive. They're ALL carriers, because they'll be cloaked all the way (alright Shingen?)

2. Yes, they are part of an alliance "like" Galcom

Guest Shingen

quote:

The admiral departs from Gamma-1, load his marines from the shuttle Shingen will board as combat officer at Cyron-IV. He will also wait for all vessels to arrive. They're ALL carriers, because they'll be cloaked all the way

I haven't really thought about that part yet. My original idea was for the Gam Admiral to somehow find out about the GalCom plot and ambush the Deathstrike in the Lanix-V region causing the ship to crashland on Zelana. (this is sort of a spoiler)

But I was also allowing for 80% improve from everybody else, so nothing is written in stone or anything..

Okay I finally posted something in the thread and I did it on the admiral, please tell me what you think... if you dont like it, tell me and i'll delete it...

[ 05-20-2001: Message edited by: Herro YuY ]

I'll be putting in my first appearance tomorrow I think. It'll be an introduction to my character, and hopefully I won't mess him up too badly

I'm waiting to find out about what the conflict between falx and outlaw is

Falx heard the ship name, may have remembered the face (it wasn't only his hate for gams, was it?) and certainly doesn't want to meet him.

Guest Shingen

Sorry I haven't been around for the last few days to keep the RP moving, but I've been swamped at work with details, details, details!

I'll try to put in some time on my part of the story to get things moving.

Outlaw, I lost all of the E-mails you sent me, so I forgot what we decided your character and mine were doing... I have no idea what the meeting was supposed to be about. Clue me in, ok?

uuummm, why is everyone posting [placeholders] in the thread, and then not using them? If you haven't got anything to write at the time, you don't need a placeholder, just post when you figure it out. Either that, or utilize the space for something other then '[placeholder]'.

I have no clue what the deal is with the Admiral ranking. If there is NO official BC3K Gammulan rank of Admiral, then we'll probably have to use 'Commander' instead.

details...details..details...

My plans were that I act as an emissary or decoy to distract the Gammulans when we encounter their fleet while u plan your assasination of the admiral. If u recall an earlier post on page 1, u posted about your tools of assasination and how u would use them. Our meeting was to become acquainted and discuss the nature of our mission.

Guest Shingen

Ok, I'll try to add another post involving the meeting tonight or tommorrow.

Are any of you new guys going to add to the thread, or are you just posting in the RP for the hell of it??

Herro, go ahead and develop your character a little more. We don't have to change the admiral ranking in the RP.