VIGILANCE - Life of a Mercenary

Guest $iLk

Guest $iLk

Hi all, This is my first attempt at roleplay, and this story will be changed and updated as I write. This is set sometime during the Gammulan conflict in 3000ad. This parralels no other RP story and this is simply a focus on my key character, which will also help give mercenaries more of a face. In the future I may do crossovers with other Mercs but until then enjoy!

[ 05-23-2001: Message edited by: $iLk ]

Guest $iLk

Thanks for the comment. I have created this story partly to express my view as a mercenary of the state of the galaxy, which is that my political views are - nonexistent. Whoever wins the war life will go on and I will continue. Anyway here is Part Two:

---------------------------------------------

Chapter Two: Awakening

-----------------------------

"Damn it I need to leave in an hour", said Drek.

The technician, a bit annoyed replied"I am loading as fast as I can pal"Who the hell did this Vesperon think he is anyway? And why is he buying up all these supplies. oh well, he still seems impatient..."Hey I will be through in a few minutes, go get you a cup of coffee or something."

"Fine just hurry"was the reply, as Drek moved to check the preflight procedures. He had even managed to get a list of the station manifest of docked ships. He then cross referenced this list with known bounty hunters and nothing. "Paranoia will be what does me in no doubt". Yes everything looked good. All displays were in order and all systems were in the green. The jump out system and then to a remote world for a few months and everything should cool down. He was lost in thought when the technician told him he was all set. "thank you" and now it was time to request launch clearance.

IN the debris field on board the VIGILANCE

"[uNENCODE]Takeoff clearance confirmed. Depart procedure accordingly"[END DECRYPT] came from his headset "Now it is time"

As the VIGILANCE powered to life the HUNTER felt the minor adrenaline rush through his body. After three hours of waiting and scanning his quarry was about to come into range...Assuming he goes where I think he will...

The Vesperon vessel the Tragnuz moved through space towards the Jump anomaly... with the VIGILANCE moving in behind.

---------------------------------------------

Well there is part two. This is but a short story that will be characterizing one of my characters earlier hunts. By the time of the events in Millenium my merc will be experienced and deadlier.

Thanks for reading.

Guest $iLk

Chapter Three : The Chase

---------------------------

"Once I reach that jump anomaly I am home-free." said Drek. Another few months would allow the GALCOM commander's anger to subside and he could go back to his life of making an "honest" credit. My friends are waiting for me, they will hide me...

The image of the vesperon ship was on his tac viewer and the hunter was pleased. Not long now. He thinks he may be all set when he makes this jump but he has a surprise waiting on him.

-----------------------------

Further editing of story suspended while I sleep. -